[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best coming of age novel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: age pill.png (1MB, 1400x1652px) Image search: [Google]
age pill.png
1MB, 1400x1652px
What's the best coming of age novel?
>>
Portrait of the Artist
Kristin Lavrandsdatter
Neapolitan Novels (I really enjoyed these at least)
I guess you could argue Hamlet is
>>
My diary desu, also what a stupid picture you have there.
>>
A Tree grows in Brooklyn.
>>
Beneath the Wheel by Hermann Hesse
>>
Augie
>>
>>8671079
>Tfw when this is supposed to be your prime
rip
>>
>>8671079
Mein Kampf
>>
Jane Eyre 2bh
>>
>>8671104
what part of the picture is wrong?
>>
vurt
the virgin suicides
Never let me go
the once and future king
>>
>>8671079
>13-22
>prime
I know this is bait but 13-18 is far from your prime
>>
>>8671079
Kafka on the Shore is the freshest, if not the best.
>>
>>8671079
Oh shit, I'm already dead.
>>
>>8672263
*head explodes*
>>
London for Immigrant suckers", at least for this year
>>
File: 1461969214125.jpg (652KB, 1040x776px) Image search: [Google]
1461969214125.jpg
652KB, 1040x776px
>>8671079
Was this image made by a teenager?
>>
Oyasumi punpun. No b8
>>
>>8672203
It reeks of the edgy, quarter life crisis mentality.
It's a pic made by a loser that longs for the days when his parents were the ones who worried about paying his living expenses.
>>
>>8672985
t. projector
>>
>>8671079
>High school was part of your prime
Really?
>>
girls really do peak in their early teens
>>
Generation X, Douglas Coupland
>>
Ah, yes. The bildungsroman. I hear The Name of the Rose is especially adept at weaving this tale.
>>
>>8672203
I was not >>8672985
The "How aging really works". Besides stuff that is not really within our control, aging is mostly about nutrition and can be delayed by hormosis. At least, that's what a book on aging told me.
But I guess I am taking it too serious, since it says 30+ death. It really is a stupid picture.
>>
>>8673078
everything after is vegetation at best
>>
>>8673715
it's a meme you dip. it's switched around for funnies
>>
>>8672203
It reeks of fucking decadence to the highest degree. Exactly the thpe of shit some vain normalfag cunt would post on Facebook.
>>
>>8673761
Yes I figured, hence I said: it really is a stupid picture. Is that possible to grasp?
>>
>>8673772
See, I disagree with the part where you say it's a stupid picture. I propose that you are stupid.
>>
>all this delusional damage control
OP pic is right
>>
I'd say the start of The Savage Detectives. He goes from a naive literature student and then gets his dick sucked and falls in love and becomes friends with degenerates. Pretty accurate and interesting watching him change
>>
The Confusion of Young Törless
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
This Side of Paradise
Jakob Von Gunten

Is the Magic Mountain a coming of age story? Is there a difference between a Bildungsroman and a Coming of Age story?
>>
>>8671079
I never saw the appeal of the coming of age genre since pretty much everything you do in your teens is going to be fueled by hormones and looking back on it is going to make you feel embarrassed in some capacity
>>
>>8671079
>children - all kinds of colorful shirts
>the rest - variations of the same shirt

life is shit
>>
>>8671104
E B I N
B
I
N
>>
>>8673118
>>>/tv/
You best be joking nigger
>>
>>8673118
>early teens
too old
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.