[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /lit/ use audiobooks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 412.png (9KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
412.png
9KB, 400x300px
does /lit/ use audiobooks?
>>
>>>/mu/
>>
>>8660029
No
>>
>>8660030
It redirected me back here
>>
audiobooks are so fucking boring
>>
>>8660030
>>8660031
>>8660046
i am planning on hearing audiobooks while on commute (public transportation).
>>
>>8660060
You may also read a book on (public transportation)
>>
(((public transportation)))
>>
>>8660061
train and bus are always crowded and i am standing most of the time. i used to listen to music so i wont have to hear people, but now i am thinking that 1.5 hours a day of hearing a book is much better.
>>
Yes, about half of the book that I (((read))) are audio. Useful when your eyes are strained like mine or when walking to xy. I spend around an hour daily walking to and from college and study for 5 or so hours so talking a break with an audiobook is great.
The retention is I'd say around what I have for regular reading and the experience is more or less the same.
>>
I've been having pretty bad eye problems and have been using them almost exclusively for a year.
>>
Well if it's medical... You have official permission from /lit/ to use audiobooks.
>>
>>8660163
thank (((you)))
>>
I use audiobooks when available while reading stuff in english as it's not my mother language, so I can associate spelling with the sound of each word easily. It also helps me to have a more "fluid" reading.
>>
>this thread again
>>
>>8660029
I take long walks at night, so I like to listen to them then - as well as when I'm doing some of my more monotonous work (though it's a bit distracting when it's a non-repetitive task). Can't really read while doing either of those things, so midas well just add another level of production, sort-to-speak, other than just music.

You eventually start to develop a fandom for the reader as much as the author... I love Frank Muller's work, for instance:
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1477499296274.webm
Makes even shit books good.

Though he does mostly trash fiction, he does a very good job of bringing Lestat and Dresden to life. (Good female readers seem to be a bit rare - almost wish she'd read stuff other than her own.)

Amy Tan has a pleasant voice as well, and reads all her own books. Just, kinda wish she'd read someone else's.

There's a few all-star cast audio books that are actually better than any other media form produced from them. Most especially War Z.
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1477499634684.webm
(Read by Nathan Fillion, Simon Pegg, Denise Crosby, Bruce Boxleitner, Jeri Ryan, Mark Hammill, Rob Reiner and Rene Auberjonois.)

Old radio dramas are fun too - and there's even some newer ones done by some specialized troops that are pretty good. Moon Over Morocco, for instace, is fun:
https://www.zbs.org/catalog/audioSamples/MOM_Episode_1.mp3

Educational series are good during walks, but while working, it just tends to go in one ear and out the other, so I end up listening to the same piece four or five times before it at all sticks.

The only downside is, aside from the educational pieces, only a few classics and popular trash tends to get to get turned into audio books, and those in the former group tend to be the among the most badly done.
>>
When I'm high I listen to audiobooks to fall asleep. Usually some comfy stuff by Herman Hesse.. I always start at the beginning.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.