[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greatest pieces/authors of Russian Literature.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ukru.png (30KB, 567x374px) Image search: [Google]
ukru.png
30KB, 567x374px
I've read Lev Tolstoy's War and Peace, and I was hoping for some world war 2 themed stuff.
>>
You won't find much luck in WW2 Era stuff that isn't eyewateringly vapid Stalinist propaganda, the master and the margherita is the one exception to that which jumps out at me.

The likes of Chekov, Dostoevsky and such are by far the best period in Russian litersture, read them instead tbqh
>>
Your bait lacks subtlety.
>>
>>8646969
Grossman's Life and Faith.
It's a masterpiece and i've only seen a few guys on /lit/ who've read it.
I agree on Chekov and Dosto being interesting, but anyone who doesn't know about Grossman and goes around talking about Russian lit, is a disgusting pseud and belongs on reddit.
>>
>>8646969
>published in 1869
>by someone who died in 1910
you should start better with something like Huxley or Orwell
and better get >>>/out/
>>
what translation of crime and punishment should i buy?
>>
>>8647245
jesus do you always respond to bait like that? what the actual fuck?
>>
>>8647248
The original language.
>I'm not a slavcuck, I'm actually Russian
>>
>>8647233
not him but this is on my list. is there much to gain from being familiar with the greats - tolstoy, dosto, pushkin, gogol etc. or does it stand alone?
>>
>>8647542
>I'm actually Russian
Topkek, you got memed
>>
>>8647968
It's interesting to know about the 19th century greats, but there's (to my feeling) more to gain from being familliar with post-revolution Russia, WW2 era history and maybe read some of the other writers that wrote under communism (Solchenitzyn, Bulgakov..).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.