[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck this book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_4232.jpg (46KB, 303x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4232.jpg
46KB, 303x499px
Let's start of with this: I'm not a sensitive person in the slightest.

Now, I decided to read Of Mice and Men, and I started bawling my eyes at right at the end.

So this thread is dedicated to those rare books that make yo cry (whether shedding a tear or crying like a baby)
>>
File: IMG_4207.jpg (57KB, 562x689px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4207.jpg
57KB, 562x689px
>>8618035
>Make yo cry
Jesus my first post on /lit/ and I actually mispell a word.
Great
>>
>>8618035
what a pussy
>>
>>8618035
Wikipedia says Leonard gets turned into a mouse or something. How the fuck is that sad?
>>
>>8618050
yeah i know this guy is a bitch.
>>
File: 1464977675847.png (614KB, 597x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464977675847.png
614KB, 597x800px
>>8618035
>Mrs. Dalloway
the part where Septimus' mental disorder subsides and he and Rezia spend a moment together in rare and intimate lucidity and then the fucking thing happens

>Stoner
The summation of Stoner's life before he gets sick

>Crime and Punishment
like 3 times
>>
File: IMG_1896.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1896.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>8618040
>>8618050
>>8618051
>>>/b/
>>
>>8618035
Perks of Being a Wallflower

[Tried to kill himself, had an anxiety attack and blacked out in the hospital]

[Then he find out he was molested by his Aunt, who died getting his Christmas present]

That book fucked me up in some sort of way of relief, it left me not wanting to talk for a week. I know the book is considered YA, but it really shouldn't. Because it should be taken more seriously, but the movie fans and teenage girls fucked that up; movie was done well though.
>>
File: 9e8.png (879KB, 680x778px)
9e8.png
879KB, 680x778px
>When Alyosha is talking to Kolya and his friends in the epilogue of The Brothers Karamazov.

Nothing will top this. That shit made me cry so hard, and it was a really nice speech.
>>
File: 51iFWRWvKJL.jpg (47KB, 384x500px) Image search: [Google]
51iFWRWvKJL.jpg
47KB, 384x500px
Last few chapters I was crying until I finished

Of mice and men, and the Karamazov Borthers made me cry as well
>>
All the part about the route of the Italian army in Russia in "il cavallo rosso"
>>
File: 419W6YJdbWL._SY445_QL70_.jpg (13KB, 303x445px) Image search: [Google]
419W6YJdbWL._SY445_QL70_.jpg
13KB, 303x445px
Your thread is pretty cancerous in general, but I'll contribute.

pic related, the book opens with Ivan's funeral, so it's not that it's tragic on the level of grief, it just conceptualizes the idea of a wasted life filled with regret too realistically. It's heartbreaking.
>>
>>8618035
someone just finished their GCSE's
>>
>>8618035
most of slaughterhouse 5 so it goes.
>>
I teared up recently at Humphrey clinker. Hearing the maid talk so innocently about london in the 1760s and how overwhelming and in love with everything she is, but at the same time weary of its vanity and satisfying their pleasures really hit me. Something about that lovely simplicity in her heart which you don't see often chiding these forces all around her at work and gaining solace in the lord is lovely.
>>
>>8618090
hated that story.
thought it was just a teen melodrama with an unlikable cast.

especially with the way you worded that it just makes it sound goofy as hell that this stuff happened to him.

>My life is tragic!
>my aunt raped me
>then she died on Christmas
>while getting my present!
>>
I cried while reading the benjy section of The Sound and the Fury

There's something just so sad about a mentally retarded man wanting to see his older loving sister again, unaware that he never will.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.