[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I write a book that appeals to white women?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13

File: grimes-kill-v.-maim.jpg (270KB, 1420x863px) Image search: [Google]
grimes-kill-v.-maim.jpg
270KB, 1420x863px
How do I write a book that appeals to white women?
>>
make it as liberal as possible

I'm in a creative writing non-fiction class in SoCal.
80% of the class are white females, and whenever we free write for 10 minutes on a prompt, each girl decides to rant about how America is a cesspool of Islamophobic, Racist, Sexist assholes.

I can't stand it anymore.
We're leading a memoir called Citizen about fucking Trayvon Martin.
I'm so over this shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
Women are natural narcissists so make sure the book is about absolutely nothing other than them and their boring mundane self-obsessed lives.
>>
Write about "women's bodies", but don't sexualize them. They're endlessly fascinated by their own bodies because society has conspired to intellectually ruin them from childhood. They seem to really have a thing for realism, "the texture of lived experience", shit like that. So read your Tolstoy if you want to write for white women. Also check out Anaïs Nin to understand how to deliver filth to them - you need to cloak it in this kind of swooning, philosophizing romance. That's all I got for now, kid. Good luck tapping the largest market segment out there.

Oh, and consider a feminine pseudonym.
>>
A tawdry romance about a vapid young teenager with absolutely zero useful skills in love with two sociopaths who abuse her both physically an emotionally.

But make sure all the characters in the book talk about how great the MC is, even as you go out of your way to make her as useless and vapid as possible
>>
Make the main character a white woman.
>>
Make your protagonist a woman from an Asian culture. Title it something like "The Samurai's Lover" or "The Rice Farmer's Daughter"

Alternatively, write about a taboo romance in an Amish community.
>>
>>8584748
m9 white women are big book buyers. anon wants to make money, not start whatever ideological war you're arming yourself for, so chill.
>>8584736
YA and >>8584750
Make main female narratrix
Make her bland
Make her love interest seem distant but intense (violent is even okay, gangbanger with a heart of gold sells well not just vampire)
Make narratrix mad at love interest but also self for believing gangbanger could have heart of gold
Make gangbanger apologise for whatever shit narratrix is butthurt about
Make narratrix still mad
Make gangbanger get shot
Make narratrix forgive him but with reservations and only because he got shot *twist alert* saving an animal shelter, young child, male [DO NOT LET HIM SAVE A FEMALE NOT EVEN AN OLD LADY]
[You can make it his mother or sister for the next step]
Make narratrix mad again at him but less so
[You can reveal it was just his mom or sister that he chose to save not some other pussy]
Make gangbanger propose
Make cliffhanger ending which implies you need to buy the second book to know what the wedding was like and then don't make them married until the third book when she wants to have a kid but it's also with someone else
Congrats, you've just written Twilight, Bridget Jones' Diary, and probably more
>>
>>8584756
how important is the female pseudonym? I was thinking about using a beta unthreatening author image.
>>
>>8584736
bash white males
>>
>>8584736
Write the Alchemist but make the MC a girl and set it in Africa or some shit.
>>
Just write some shitty YA romance novel and your golden.
>>
>>8584953

that's actually fine, names like "Nicholas Sparks" seem destined to generate sales. it's probably best not to pretend to be a woman, in case you get outed. Just so you know, if you take this seriously it is literally the easiest/biggest market in publishing. remember that article by (or about?) that black author who felt like he had to cater his work towards white women to get recognized?

Don't listen to most of these retarded anons, don't write caricatures.
>>
>>8584760
What in the FUG you just described my novel
>>
>>8584989
that was a facebook post (unless he expanded it into an essay) by the writer of a brief history of seven killings, he was commenting on a post called on pandering that was going around last year
women are the biggest market for both genre (ie romance, thrillers, mysteries) and literary fiction and in the us white women make up the largest single racial group
I don't know if there's a single rule to follow or whatever, maybe don't be outright misogynistic (I mean, in general don't) if you're a guy, Gillian Fylnn is pretty woman hating though so idk (she also writes really well about aspects of being a woman/sexism like the whole cool girl speech).
>>
>>8584748
>MOOOOM!!! I FINISHED READING MY KIERKEGAARD AND NIETZSCHE BOOKS!!
>>
>>8585058
>pretty woman hating though

nah, she just realizes the truth: women have just as much capacity for evil as men
>>
>>8585093
I don't object to that, its all the weird false-rape accusations, creepy stuff about abusing children, hating on sex workers/certain types of other young women. She's a very good writer, but she can't help herself with some shit.
>>
>>8584745

Well it is non fiction anon. What do you expect?
>>
>>8584991

Is your novel literally twilight?
>>
>>8585058
Was this the post?
>>
>>8584736
Depends on what type of woman. But if you're looking for quantity YA is the obvious answer.
>>
>>8584736
melodrama

>1. a sensational dramatic piece with exaggerated characters and exciting events intended to appeal to the emotions.
"he gloated like a villain in a Victorian melodrama"
>>
>>8585225
yea
>>8585234
o shut up, hemmingway wrote melodramas
>>
>>8585122
oh, didnt read the book, just saw the movie. less of that in there
>>
>>8584736
WHY would you want to write a book that appeals to white women?
>>
>>8585259
easy money if you play your cards right u fuckin tard
>>
write about black men. MAXIMUM KEKED.
>>
>>8584745

Im in a creative writing class in norcal same thing. All my literature classes are super lieberal reading: New jim crow, everyone should be a feminist, ShakesQUEER

help
>>
>>8585122
Pretty sure Flynn thinks herself better than most women
>>
>>8584736
>30 replies
>no one has mentioned BDSM
>>
>>8584736
>strong introverted female character with mediocre looks
>several pages about dresses and make-up, suddenly become prettiest girl once she puts on a dress
>attracts all the good looking / powerful guys who are willing to give up everything for the main character
>all the women are smarter than the men in the book
>several other women are jealous of main character
>some sort of oppression to overcome

Then slap some fantasy or science fiction main plot on it and you are gold
>>
>>8585058
>Gillian Fylnn is pretty woman hating though so idk (she also writes really well about aspects of being a woman/sexism like the whole cool girl speech).
that's just standard girl bitching about girls. her cool girl does exist, but the only girl she pisses off is a fellow cool girl/sociopath because she's poaching her manmeat territory (even if she has no chance at any of those chads) . most of the girls who like chilli dogs just like chilli dogs. the girls who freak out another girl has men friends are /r9k/ trapped in a female body.

it's about as well written as REEEE but a good test to see if your girl's a narcissist or psychopath. like Harry Potter is a good test of if your girl's emotionally retarded, but still isn't well written. that said, you don't have to write well to secure the market, and if you want to go for the psychobitches vote, feel free to bitch about pretty women with too many male friends. psychobitches love that shit.
>>
File: 1443820179294.gif (999KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1443820179294.gif
999KB, 500x281px
>>8584736
All books appeal to white women, we read more than all other demographics combined. Well except maybe asian women
>>
>>8585332
>this the answer
Any and all erotica
>>
>>8585833
Also just as a side note, we read more literary fiction as well.
>>
>>8584736
John Green does is exceptionally well.

/lit/ hates him, but you need to read his work and understand the techniques he uses in character and dialogue if you are ever going to sell.

90% of editors are white, middle class women, and you have to sell to them first.
>>
>>8585833
There are types of books that appeal more to women, young women in particular. Just like there are books that appeal more to men and young men in particular. Power fantasies for once are always a safe bet and those are usually different for men and women.

Dedicated /lit/ fags obviously read everything.
>>
>set in a soft-fantasy magical world where the main character is a strong independent teenage girl who's the "chosen one"/has magical powers/is insanely talented at martial arts, fighting, etc/royalty/low-class but incredibly intelligent/cinderella facsimile with a handsome twink boy who's also half angel/demon/vampire/werewolf/alien/other-worldly being for a love interest who initially takes no notice of her but by the end of the book falls in love with her and she hasto fight some old evil male wizard/king/emperor/vampire/werewolf/demon/alien who wants to destroy her kingdom/take over the world/marry her/assassinate her/kill all vampires, werewolves, angels, etc
>>
>>8585122
>hating sex workers
>bad and sexist
>>
>>8584745
This.
>>
>>8585851
sure, but women read so overwhelmingly more that even things that are made for masculine readers are read more by women. Like Hemmingway
>>
Be sure to insert some liberal politics. It's not a good female novel unless the main character espouses the virtues of abortion or unless there's a scene where the atheist protagonist educations the bigoted Christian antagonist on what the bible really says.
>>
>>8585869
im meant to buy her the shoes while im eating her out? everything about this is disgusting
>>
File: fat man.png (135KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
fat man.png
135KB, 320x240px
>>8585322
>ShakesQUEER
>>
>>8585885
No, you eat her out, then buying her shoes makes her orgasm.
>>
The humanities should be defunded.
>>
>>8585900
>implying we wouldn't do it for free
>>
>>8585951
That is his point, you could do it for free and all the extra money could be put into STEM where a fancy fountain pen isn't the most expensive material needed.
>>
>>8585953
do we get to keep library access and purchase requests? i'd be okay with that.
>>
>>8585877
hemmingway isn't a current blockbuster tho. if you want to make an overnight sensation, you'd need to re-write hemmingway with a female protag who goes to spain to eat cheese after her bf dumped her for cheating.
actually, that could really work.
>>
>>8584745
You understand a class being mostly white women doesn't then mean the class represents white women in general? It just means you do feminine shit
>>
Main character is a traditionally beautiful white woman who has lots of sex.
>>
>>8584736
big black dinguses
>>
>>8586278
>who has lots of sex.
That could be alienating, rather she totally could have lots of sex if she wanted with really hot and rich dudes (since most women are hetero).
>>
File: 1445631813373.jpg (46KB, 540x608px) Image search: [Google]
1445631813373.jpg
46KB, 540x608px
>>8584736
a woman loves to think that she is not docile, while dreaming of being in full trust of a captivating chad who takes her without permissions so that, during the night, while he sleeps, she can dream of saving the destitute after the chad has fucked her properly for the first time in her life of going from lovers to lovers, craving a eclectic panorama of precious moments...
>>
make it shit
>>
>>8584736
Make it sounds like her comic books and you got 'em!!
>>
>>8584756

Lol. I think I've met like 2 women in my life that have actually finished War and Peace. Women may like that kind of writing style but there isnt nearly enough sex and its far too long...

Actually, now that I am thinking about it. I wonder what the percentage of readership is regarding sex. It has to be vast majority male.
>>
>>8585833
That's because women are consumers and men are producers. Men write more books than women.
>>
>>8584750
>boring mundane self-obsessed
You just described/lit/
>>
>>8586844
How many men have you met that have finished War and Peace? And not that there would be any reliable way to tell, but I doubt it's largely men or even slightly men who mostly have finished it. Men don't read fiction.
>>
>>8586860
>That's because women are consumers and men are delusional narcissists. Men write more books* than women bc they can't be fucked to actually read and are insane enough to think the world cares about their mediocre work.

*idk about that, but they are published more, and if you think that's bc of some inherent trait that men have and women and don't, not bc of institutional sexism, then you're insane

everyone read a room of one's own, it's very short you lazy sods
>>
File: Queer.jpg (677KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Queer.jpg
677KB, 1536x2048px
>>8585898

Did you think I was joking? The kicker is its written by one of the professors here.
>>
Put a shirtless ripped dude on the cover.
>>
>>8586963
>Google young adult authors. Scroll through pics that are 5 to 1 women to men.
>There is sexism stopping women being published.
I believe you, all the evidence disagrees strongly but evidence is just a form of oppression, right.
>>
>>8587032
who's talking about the ya market? and John green makes more money than anyone except Harry Potter and maybe hunger games, most men think they're too good to write ya is likely why it's mostly women who want to write it
>>
>>8587040
>The facts you used against me are problematic and this one extraordinary exception proves you wrong.
Life must be hard for you.
>>
>>8587054
how am I wrong when I didn't even bring up which sex gets published more, I was replying to a statement about men writing more and you bring up children's books no one cares about
but you're either too dumb to read or are pretending to be, have fun
>>
>>8585880
this makes no sense - women are more anti-abortion than men
>>
>>8586988
Gesù Cristo
>>
Include bondage and rape
>>
>>8586963
Men try to get published more because men are generally more ambitious than women, their reproduction depends on being socially successful.
>>
>>8586860
nigga, have you been to fanfiction.net? Women write a ton of shit. emphasis on shit.
>>
Women write meaningless garbage like romance, sci-fi, fantasy, etc. The sci-fi ghetto exists for a reason and it is absolutely right for it to exist.

Men meanwhile write works that change the world, such as philosophy and history.
>>
>>8584750
man that fleshtone scarf fucked me up for a minute. I thought she was holding a giant misshapen cock. Do I need a break from 4chan?
>>
>>8586988
iaf, his sonnets are pretty fucking gay
>>
The coming of age myth works for all, add some family feels, a touch of light (family related) tragedy, and most importantly, a romace that is part of the protagonists growth....
>>
>>8584736
took a while, but Im finally in love with Grimes
>>
File: tommy king.png (801KB, 549x533px) Image search: [Google]
tommy king.png
801KB, 549x533px
>>8584736
Write one without pictures.
>>
>>8585899
I feel like the eating out is pointless, unless she thinks it means eating at a restaurant?

>>8585885
I enjoy the almost micropenis cock drawings most.
>>
File: 1468593635922.png (64KB, 1040x860px) Image search: [Google]
1468593635922.png
64KB, 1040x860px
>>
>>8586963
This, these sexist need to publish more women's work. Men are just so delusional, I can't even. If they gave women more chances, we would have much more extraordinary books filled with creativity that only a women can muster. Once we give women the opportunity, you would see an increase of quality in every genre.
>>
>>8588492
>no I don't have a sore throat, why?
kek
>>
>>8588492
She listens to Skinny Puppy? Really makse you think
>>
File: 1459030938156.png (134KB, 620x533px) Image search: [Google]
1459030938156.png
134KB, 620x533px
>>
Be as sarcastic as possible but never break character
>>
>>8586963
>>8588571
what's the point of false flagging like this? if you have the right beliefs there's no need
>>
>>8584736

Write a book about a man, then take away all reason and sanity.
>>
>>8590181

>>8588571
is joking, I wasn't
>>
>>8590352
yes you are.
>>
>>8590352
You're joking even when yo don't know it.
>>
>>8584745
>SoCal

That's probably more relevant than being mostly female desu.

>They're endlessly fascinated by their own bodies
>men are also endlessly fascinated by women's bodies

We're not so different after all.
>>
>>8591186
but women are the one benefitting
>>
File: Problem?.jpg (78KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
Problem?.jpg
78KB, 500x305px
>>8584745
>>
>>8586407
I see someone's from >>>/r9k/
>>
>>8584736
just write about the safe alpha (which only exists in fiction, not IRL), the ultimate female sexual fantasy of all time. It explains the huge success of trash like the Twilight series and Fifty Shades of Grey pretty well.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.