[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good horror books /lit/ can recommend Already read Carrie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: thMP79S9KT.jpg (8KB, 197x300px) Image search: [Google]
thMP79S9KT.jpg
8KB, 197x300px
Any good horror books /lit/ can recommend

Already read
Carrie - Stephen King
Edgar Allan Poe's Collection
Dracula - Bram Stoker
Interview with the Vampire - Anne Rice
Let Me In - Jona Ajvide
The Vampires Lestat - Anne Rice
Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris (gay)
>>
Why are you reading the gayest fucking horror? Try some Shirley Jackson.
>>
>>8015220
>Dead Until Dark
Stookie Stackhouse is good pulp and not gay, you take that back.

Read something by Clive Barker
>>
File: Ambrose_Bierce-1.jpg (86KB, 469x599px) Image search: [Google]
Ambrose_Bierce-1.jpg
86KB, 469x599px
Ambrose Bierce > Poe

From iwkwipdeia:
H. P. Lovecraft characterized Bierce's fictional work as "grim and savage." Lovecraft goes on to say that nearly all of Bierce's stories are of the horror genre and some shine as great examples of weird fiction.
>>
jack ketchum for best horror
>>
Hell House by Richard Matheson

The Weird, edited by Jeff Vandermeer, for anthologies.

All the stuff by Laird Barron and our boy Thomas Ligotti
>>
>>8015220
I strongly recommend some other works by John Ajvide, though I dunno if they've been properly translated to English. Also Ryu Murakami (not Haruki). The problem is that I've never stumbled upon truly "scary" horror literature.
>>
>>8015946
seconding this, especially Harbour. it's not particularly spooky but it's a nice book
>>
>>8015220
I wanted to fuck that vampire in the ass.

Fucking Lindqvist turned me gay.
>>
>>8015220
Melton the Wanderer
The Italian
The Monk
>>
>>8015220
If you are patient and re-read him Lovecraft will provide you with all the horror you need. Shit like ghost and demons will never scare you again once you understand the stuff Lovecraft was trying to point out.

Otherwise... eh... some Stephen King shit or something.
>>
>>8016878
Such as the fear of blacks and squids?
>>>/an/ >>>/pol/ >>>/d/
>>
>>8017061
Implying the degeneration of our society thanks to thethe influx of shitskins and muslims is not terrifying. As a European it bothers me.
>>
>>8018161
Because whites lived in america 1000 years ago right?

Why don't yall go back to Europe and take the Africans back to where you picked them up from on your way there.
>>
>>8018519
This. If you are not among the indigenous peoples of the Americas, go the FUCK back to wherever you came from. I'm sick of deal with you foreigners.
>>
>>8015220
Clive Barker: books of blood 1 - 6
Its gay as fuck, but also scary as shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.