[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1458174563616.jpg (223KB, 1242x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1458174563616.jpg
223KB, 1242x1236px
looking for more text like this

How do we see?

The act of seeing is realized progressively. At the instance of seeing, light clusters called photons travel from the object to the eye and pass through the eye lens where they are refracted and focused on the retina at the back of the eye. Here rays are turned into electrical signals, and then transmitted by neurons to the center of vision, at the back of the brain. The act of seeing actually takes place in this center in the brain. All the images we view in our lives, and all the events we experience, are actually experienced in this tiny and dark place. Both the transcript you are now reading ,and the boundless landscape you see when you gaze to the horizon, actually fit into this place of a few cubic centimeters. Now let us reconsider this information more carefully. When we say we 'see', we actually see the effect the rays reaching our eyes form in our brain by being converted into electrical signal, when we say, we see, we actual view the electrical signals in our brain. By the way, there is another point that has to be kept in mind. The brain is sealed to light and its interior is absolutely dark. Therefore it is never possible for the brain to contact with light itself. We can explain this interesting situation with an example. Let us suppose that in front of us there is a burning candle and we view its light. During this period when we view the candles light the inside of our skull and brain are in absolute darkness, the light of the candle never illuminates our brain and our center of vision. However, we watch a colorful and bright world inside our dark brain. The same situation applies to all our other senses, sound, touch taste and smell are all perceived in the brain as electrical signals. Therefore our brains throughout our lives do not confront the original of the matter existing outside us, but rather an electrical copy of it formed inside our brain.
>>
op here

i kind of thought of it as esoteric neurology

cant put my finger on it
>>
>>7833763
i wish all traps looked this passable
>>
INELUCTABLE MODALITY OF THE VISIBLE: AT LEAST THAT IF NO MORE, thought through my eyes. Signatures of all things I am here to read, seaspawn and seawrack, the nearing tide, that rusty boot. Snotgreen, bluesilver, rust: coloured signs. Limits of the diaphane. But he adds: in bodies. Then he was aware of them bodies before of them coloured. How? By knocking his sconce against them, sure. Go easy. Bald he was and a millionaire, maestro di color che sanno. Limit of the diaphane in. Why in? Diaphane, adiaphane. If you can put your five fingers through it, it is a gate, if not a door. Shut your eyes and see.
Stephen closed his eyes to hear his boots crush crackling wrack and shells. You are walking through it howsomever. I am, a stride at a time. A very short space of time through very short times of space. Five, six: the nacheinander. Exactly: and that is the ineluctable modality of the audible. Open your eyes. No. Jesus! If I fell over a cliff that beetles o'er his base, fell through the nebeneinander ineluctably. I am getting on nicely in the dark. My ash sword hangs at my side. Tap with it: they do. My two feet in his boots are at the end of his legs, nebeneinander. Sounds solid: made by the mallet of Los Demiurgos. Am I walking into eternity along Sandymount strand? Crush, crack, crick, crick. Wild sea money. Dominie Deasy kens them a'.
>>
>>7833763

who is this booty cutie
>>
Stop posting ROASTIES in the OP
REEEE
>>
>>7833763
barthes' camera lucida
>>
so far not helpful
>>
>>7833763
that is pure bullshit though, read searles refutation of the argument from hallucination
>>
>>7833885

think about it, the skull does enclose the brain
>>
>>7833913
wanna know how i know you didnt read it?
>>
>>7833934

reading it now, but its not really making a lot of sense to me
>>
>>7833763
The brain is sealed to light and its interior is absolutely dark. Therefore it is never possible for the brain to contact with light itself.

This seems like the way a medieval to early modern philosopher would argue if they had some contemporary knowledge of human physiology. Check out how Berkeley reads for example.

http://www.earlymoderntexts.com/assets/pdfs/berkeley1713.pdf
>>
>>7834004
>http://www.earlymoderntexts.com/assets/pdfs/berkeley1713.pdf

thanks
>>
>>7834004
Also after thinking about this, I came to the conclusion that unless the material the muscle the eyes are made of block out light, the eye sockets in the skull technically might let light in
>>
>>7833763

you might want to consult Andrew Bulhak's Postmodern Essay Generator. it will happily churn out pages of that tosh. all praise the random number generator.
>>
>>7833777
There's no way that's a trap.
>>
>>7834519
not the guy you replied to. look at her neck, kinda broad for a chick
>>
>>7834780

You might not want to use chinese cartoons as standards for human anatomy
>>
>>7834519
either a trap or latina with that masculine face
>>
WHY IS SHE HOLDING HER THUMB LIKE THAT SHE LOOKS SO FUCKING RETARDED HOLY SHIT
>>
>>7834231
that stuff is immediately seen as being meaningless unlike the stuff it's trying to emulate. it might have the same form but the incoherent content makes it all too obvious.

also how the fuck do you think the op is obscurantist at all? plebs gtf >>>/out/ jesus.
>>
>>7835086
fuck i meant her throat. looks like an adam's apple
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.