[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the LITERATURE equivalent of Welcome to the N.H.K? Yes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: welcome-to-the-nhk.jpg (101KB, 802x1000px) Image search: [Google]
welcome-to-the-nhk.jpg
101KB, 802x1000px
What is the LITERATURE equivalent of Welcome to the N.H.K?

Yes, I know it's a light novel. I want LITERATURE.
>>
Notes from the Underground. Misaki is even in it, but role reversed.
>>
>>7314241
Notes from the Underground
>>
Oblomov
Also obligatory My diary desu
>>
>>7314241
There is no equivalent.
The closest you'll find is probably A Man Asleep by Perec.
Notes from the Underground, No Longer Human, etc. is pushing it.
If you're into crazy monologues fuelled by despair and solitude, Thomas Bernhard's novels are full of them.
>>
>What is the LITERATURE equivalent of Welcome to the N.H.K?
>>7314210
>>
>>7314308
>>>/his/
>>
File: 1413426135951.jpg (88KB, 724x844px) Image search: [Google]
1413426135951.jpg
88KB, 724x844px
It's not capital "L" literature but i got some NHK vibes from "Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage"
>>
>>7314276
Yeah, the hikkikimori phenomenon is too new a thing to have been represented in older literature. There had been shut-ins in the 20th Century, and eccentric layabout aristocrats before, but not really anything exactly anything like there is now (I suppose they didn't have the same kind of [Japanese] consumeristic infrastructure and online culture to feed and support it).
>>
Equivalent is too hard of a word like >>7314276 said.

Notes from the Underground comes close due to its sense of humor. À Rebours could be of interest too but the Mc's motive is completely different.
Tolstoy has a 2 or 3 short stories centered around eremites but the tone is completely different too.

Regarding delusional paranoias, maybe check out The Trial by Kafka.
>>
>>7314329
kek
>>
File: file.png (105KB, 220x354px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
105KB, 220x354px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.