[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Left and Right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: sup_4chan.jpg (275KB, 792x600px) Image search: [Google]
sup_4chan.jpg
275KB, 792x600px
So I watched the TED Talk “How to have better political conversations” by social psychologist Robb Willer. He begins with the divide between the left and right which has increased over the years, as we’ve likely noticed. And the research confirms this intuition. More and more the left and right don’t like each other, e.g. left-wingers don’t want to go on dates with right-wingers and vice versa. So, what kind of movie is this political divide most like? A disaster movie? Or perhaps a war movie? No, it’s more like a zombie apocalypse movie. People move around in packs and don’t think as individuals, but they think in a mob mentality and try to spread their disease. We probably think we’re the survivors in this movie. However, everyone’s probably thinking the same thing, that they’re the good guys and the others are zombies. What can we do to help with the polarization problem? The political divide is fundamentally a moral divide. The right and left have different values for certain things, e.g. the left value equality and fairness more so than the right. So, when we want to speak with the other side we should appeal to what they value most. For example, if a right-winger wanted to persuade a left-winger they should appeal to the left-winger’s moral values, i.e. connect a policy with the opposing ideology’s moral value. Maybe this isn’t actually a zombie apocalypse movie but a buddy cop movie. At first the cops don’t like each other, but later they become buddies and feel better because of it. However, we’re the ones who need to bring us together. And he ends saying we must give one another empathy and respect. Any books on this feel?
>>
>>10014762
>literature
fuck off to >>>/pol/
>>
>>10014766
Did you not read what I wrote? This is related to literature.
>>
>>10014766
You fuck off to leftypol. OP should fuck off to the movies section.
>>
>>10014762
>>>/pol/
or
>>>/tv/
>>
Brave new world
>>
File: 1463407822189.jpg (35KB, 313x499px) Image search: [Google]
1463407822189.jpg
35KB, 313x499px
>>10014770
>wanting the literature board to contain threads about literature makes one "leftypol"
>>
>>10014999
Dude, read the last sentence.
>>
>>10014762
>hurp durp ler's have a dialogue no matter what
There can be no dialogue in politics. You're either my friend or my enemy. Get schmitted!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.