[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AGP is a troll right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

AGP isn't real? This persons comment explains it better than I can:

>>8640883

Just seems like a bullying tactic. With all of the posts by /pol/ trolling here, it's almost like a coordinated effort to harass transwomen. I've never met a trans person who ever brought up this AGP thing before. This page disputes its legitimacy with some sources:

http://www.tsroadmap.com/info/autogynephilia.html

Is AGP real or just trolling?
>>
>>8643844
That post is an idiot who doesn't know what they're talking about and that website is an AGP in denial who ran a libel and harassment campaign against the major proponents of AGP, including a self-confessed AGP trasnwoman.
>>
it's a meme in the actual richard dawkins sense
>>
>>8643854
Everything is, dumbass.
>>
>>8643844
There are two separate AGP memes in play that use the same words but are really different:

* The pre-Blanchardist meme asserts, at its nicest, that some people who think they're trans women are actually confused fetishists who mistook their kink for a gender. It is often more flexible than the Blanchardist ideas, allowing non-AGP transbians and such. Really, they shouldn't be using the term "AGP", since AGP was specifically coined as part of the...
* ... Blanchard two-type transgender typology. This typology is based on the observation that there's a clear difference between queer trans women and straight trans women, and it attempts to describe this difference and help deal with the cases that seem like counterexamples. Under the Blanchardist view, there are two different causes of gender dysphoria, where one is linked to homosexuality and the other is linked to AGP (or A*P if you're an internet Blanchardian).

The first of these is a bullying tactic to harass trans women, whereas the second is a serious proposal that there's good reasons to believe.
>>
STOP ACCUSING EVERYONE, DOING ANYTHING, OF BULLYING YOU

Not everything is a fucking transphobic conspiracy holy shit. Im sick of this. no idea what AGP is, just sick of this attitude. from trans women in particular
>>
>>8643885
that's wrong though, apples aren't memes. consonants and adverbs aren't memes. most things aren't memes.
>>
>>8644415
t. hasn't read Dawkins
>>
>>8644418
yes I have, if you got from him that "everything is a meme" you should re-read. meme has a specific meaning related to ideas.
>>
>>8644433
Yeah and it specifically covers AGP exactly as it covers apples.
>>
>>8644442
I mean the whole, calling everything agp, spamming agp for literally everything, the fact that there's always 8 agp threads up means it's a powerful memetic idea that's floating around here at the moment. it's not exactly the same thing as a type of food having an established name. agp is very much a classic meme in that it's an ethereal idea.
>>
>>8644450
I'm sure grocers and cider brewers talk about apples a lot, but we're neither of those.
>>
>>8644474
meme's are not related to physical objects at all. it's about ideas and culture.
>>
>>8644488
Well it's not true that they aren't related at all. They can be descriptions of physical objects like apples or properties of physical objects like AGP.
>>
>>8644488
You're face us a meme faget
>>
>>8644503
a round red fruit that we have named "apple" is not the same thing as the theory of AGP you dum fug holy shit
>>
>>8644516
Gee anon look at all these threads about gay! So many people talking about gay! Gay is a literal meme!
>>
>>8644518
gay has an established meaning related to an activity but I agree, it could be considered a meme because "gay" can refer to the larger world of gay culture, which is in the conceptual realm. he covers it in the selfish gene, idk man. learn to read better.
>>
>>8643995
I'm not OP but this clears up my confusion, thanks Survey Anon.
>>
>>8643995
This is a lie and note his complete lack of sources as per usual from the Blanchardfag.

>>8645868
There is no such thing as "AGP". If you go into any medical manual, you will not find it as a real condition. It is one pet theory from one obscure researcher and his fringe transwoman hanger-on. Ask anyone else about it and they will laugh at you.

On 4chan, where people regularly resurrect things like theosophy and phrenology as viable topics for discussion, people use blanchard terms to convince desperate and vulnerable people to chemically lobotomize themselves through pimozide use.

Nothing more, nothing less. It's a /pol/ scheme to get trannies to an hero as per usual
>>
>>8643995
*the first is about socialization and self-contextualization, ideas which the most socially perceptive find obvious and can't ignore, and the second appeals to autists

The first isn't theory based but experience based (can't be quantified, you just "know" when you interact with people), while the latter tries to be more scientific and therefore generalized.

Some just "get" socialization intuitively/spontaneously, it doesn't count as a theory since it's not a generalization.
>>
>>8645909
There is no scientific weight in either of the paragraphs he sat out. These people are not researchers, they do not sit down with their clients for an hour a day to learn about how their mind works. They diagnose people off of a one paragraph shitpost online. You think this is how real researchers in the field do?

They don't.
>>
>>8645898
Wait, so the whole HSTS vs AGP dichotomy doesn't exist then?

And what about people with dysphoria who also happen to masturbate to the thought of them becoming female, they're not any different to people with dysphoria who don't masturbate the thought of becoming female?

sorry for these questions
>>
>>8645920
It's fake as fuck, an illusion to divide trannies up into little bite sized pieces to conquer. Blanchard ceased to be taken seriously in the real world right around 1991 when we were still all afraid of gays for the AIDS.

>And what about people with dysphoria who also happen to masturbate to the thought of them becoming female, they're not any different to people with dysphoria who don't masturbate the thought of becoming female?

Gender dysphoria isn't diagnosed based off of masturbation habits.
>>
>>8643844
AGP is real. It's true that people are using it as a bullying tactic here. But there is no shame in being AGP. You don't control what you're aroused of.
>>
>>8645945
Still waiting on that source.

I've been waiting since you retards started to exist, and still no sources. Still nothing viable. Still no real arguments other than "I'M RIGHT!!!!!"

Keep telling yourself your divide and conquer tactics are a sure foot toadlet.
>>
>>8645920
it's forced and only partially accurate
lets say that transsexuality is more of a spectrum
the major difference seems to come from the fact that in gynephilic ones sexual attraction to women gets mixed with innate desire to be female and onset of dysphoria matching sexual development at puberty

kids with significant brain feminization associate with girls as early as children develop gender identity and they are typically androphilic
>>
>>8645920
Smart anti-Blanchardians admit that there is *some* sort of two-type thing going on, which roughly coincides with the HSTS/AGP types, even though they disagree about the underlying causes. Here's an example:
https://thingofthings.wordpress.com/2017/04/18/against-blanchardianism/
>>
>>8646020
Note the subtle demeaning tactics toward those who don't accept the tripfag's circlejerk. "Smart" people who are against me think what I believe!!!

Also, complete lack of sources aside from a dubious wordpress page as per usual from the blanchardfag.

He will not reply to this post with anything substantial, the Blanchardfag's only goal is proselytizing like a /pol/tard.
>>
>>8643844
this is a fucking cool image
>>
>>8646020
real surveyanon doesn't trip
>>
>>8646252
He took a trip because people were impersonating him, like all special snowflakes who think the weight of their opinion matters so much it needs an official source.
>>
>>8646020
>Smart
>anti-Blanchardians
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.