[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am 18 and am doing HRT (DIY for the time being), as I am still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Am 18 and am doing HRT (DIY for the time being), as I am still basically going through puberty/growth are anti-androgens a must have?? Am currently on 2mg estrogen/day.
>>
>>8452926
Get on injections, pills are almost useless.
>>
>>8452926
you don't need anti androgens, becase you are a teen estrogen alone will quickly replace testosterone without any help. Also try to keep your dosage from going too high or else the excess estrogen will turn back into testosterone.
>>
>>8452938
lies

>>8452926
yes you need AAs absolutely
better check hrt general
>>
>>8452943
stop this nonsense
estrogen is aromatized from testosterone, not the other way
>>
>>8452963
go back to >>>/fit/ with your broscience
>>
>>8452950
injections>pills
you literally can't argue this
>>
>>8452943
Why are you trying to sabotage her? AAs are a must; if not those, then high estrogen dosages are essential.
>>8452926
By 18 you're already the far right of that picture, but changes still happen. Growth can continue into the 20s for some. Hair density and shoulders, ribcage, and jaw will also continue growing. Your voice may get deeper into your 20s as well.
>>
OP here, this advice is very contradictory and generally unhelpful and confusing.
>>8452950
I'm gonna check hrt general tho
>>
>>8452982
first time anyone has referred to me as 'her' :3

annnd yeah, I def do not want that, so I think I will try and get some AA's, I will research it and look on the general, but is there anything important I should know? Like is it perfectly fine to mix any level of estorgen and AA's? What is the best AA to get?
>>
>>8452926

I would think estradiol alone at what would be considered a dose that requires anti-androgens in adults could only work on prepubescents. As in if you start taking estradiol before male puberty has the chance to start, then testosterone will never be produced. But then if you're that young, it's not worth taking the chance anyway. So that is a definite take anti-androgens as soon as possible. You should probably increase your estradiol to 4 mg some months after first starting, maybe 6 months.
>>
>>8452926
Yes. In the past estradiol without AAs has only been successful in low T people, which usually occurs at 45+ years old.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/meetingcoverage/endo/46497
>For those started on 6 mg of estradiol, 52% had sufficient testosterone suppression. Of the 31 who were not suppressed, 10 increased to the 8-mg dose and four of these patients achieved testosterone suppression.
>>
>>8456054
Also estradiol alone only provides T suppression IF your T:E ratio is low enough and over a long period of time. If you're high T and take like 4mg of E you won't get the same results as someone that's low T and takes the same dosage of E. Antiandrogens are prescribed nowadays because there's instant results, less blood tests are required, and there's no need to work with finicky hormonal feedback routes which aren't fully understood even with modern medicine.
When attempting to suppress T via E you're working with very finicky ratios and sometimes it can take like 6-12 months of high E to suppress T to female range. It's not a procedure done by the majority of doctors on anyone that isn't already known to be low T. It's usually only possible after your T decreases past around 45-50 years old or at the onset of puberty.

So the people saying using no AAs does nothing are wrong, but the reason isn't that estrogen alone does nothing, because it will with enough time.
>>
>>8452973
having a huge spike that gets to almost nothing within 7 days regarding hormone concentration is no fun. There is a reason why this method is absolutely outdated and only for needle fetishists
>>
>>8459762
enjoy your estradiol converting to estrone lmao
>>
>>8459791
if only there were some way you could know what your hormone levels are as you go in order to preempt this from causing problems.
>>
>>8461417
How would knowing the levels fix anything? Unless you get something other than pills it's still going to continue happening and reducing the effectiveness of your hrt
>>
>>8462614
Blood level concentrations of drugs can sometimes affect receptor-ligand kinetics. You could theoretically have no estrogen in the blood but it is still binded to the receptor.
>>
>>8462627
My point is that you don't want any kind of estrogen binding to the receptor, you only want estradiol because it's the most effective
Estrone will take the up receptors that estradiol could've binded to instead, and make your HRT shittier
>>
>>8462632
Your body eliminates estrone quicker than it eliminates estradiol anyway. Even if there is a boost in estrone it's not going to last.
>>
>>8462637
Well, I hope you're right. I can't get injections where I live anyway so might as well not think about it
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.