[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Red Pill on Transgenderism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 1493327081168.png (308KB, 673x1101px) Image search: [Google]
1493327081168.png
308KB, 673x1101px
>The study was at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden, which followed 324 people after they’d had sex-reassignment surgery for up to 30 years. The study showed that about 10 years after the surgery, transgendered people began to have increased mental difficulties. As they progressed through life, their suicide mortality rose almost 20 times above the comparable nontransgender population.

>Dr. McHugh notes that studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

>More compelling than the malleability of transgender feelings among children is the recovery data of adult transgenders. Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic found that 70% to 80% of adult transgenders who had refrained from undergoing gender-reassignment surgery report that their feelings dissipate over time.

In other words, for 70-80% of people who experience it gender dysphoria is a phase that will go away. This data also shows that sex reassignment surgery does NOT fix the suicide problem amongst transsexuals.

If surgery does NOT fix dysphoria, and the whole dysphoria is just a fucking phase anyways, I see absolutely no reason why it should be considered a treatment, and see absolutely no reason why treatment should not be focused on intensive psychotherapy to make the person feel comfortable in their biological sex until their dysphoria naturally passes (that's what the common treatment was until LGBTs made it not politically correct to do so).

Shit taken from:
https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2015/06/06/the-truth-about-transgenderism-and-gender-reassigment-surgery/
I know it's an anti-trans article but they quote neutral studies, I've specifically edited out of my greentext some content that supported this position but wasn't based on neutral studies. Karolinska study can be found here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043071/
>>
>Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.
>MAY NOT SUFFICE

the logical implication is NOT "therefore, sex reassignment is harmful compared to the counterfactual"

why do I even bother? your IQ is too low to be reasoned with anyway
>>
>>8195278
Cecilia Dhejne, who conducted the first study, has repeatedly stated that McHugh radically misinterpreted her findings. She even agreed to be interviewed on the subject.

http://transadvocate.com/fact-check-study-shows-transition-makes-trans-people-suicidal_n_15483.htm

>Dhejne: Yes! It’s very frustrating! I’ve even seen professors use my work to support ridiculous claims. I’ve often had to respond myself by commenting on articles, speaking with journalists, and talking about this problem at conferences.

>Of course trans medical and psychological care is efficacious. A 2010 meta-analysis confirmed by studies thereafter show that medical gender confirming interventions reduces gender dysphoria.

>Dhejne: The aim of trans medical interventions is to bring a trans person’s body more inline with their gender identity, resulting in the measurable diminishment of their gender dysphoria. However trans people as a group also experience significant social oppression in the form of bullying, abuse, rape and hate crimes. Medical transition alone won’t resolve the effects of crushing social oppression: social anxiety, depression and posttraumatic stress.

>What we’ve found is that treatment models which ignore the effect of cultural oppression and outright hate aren’t enough. We need to understand that our treatment models must be responsive to not only gender dysphoria, but the effects of anti-trans hate as well. That’s what improved care means.

>Dhejne: People who misuse the study always omit the fact that the study clearly states that it is not an evaluation of gender dysphoria treatment. If we look at the literature, we find that several recent studies conclude that WPATH Standards of Care compliant treatment decrease gender dysphoria and improves mental health.
>>
Not every transgender person gets the surgery, or even wants a surgery.
>>
>>8195278
Nice try, Schlomo (check the flag).
>>>/pol/123350236
>>
>>8195465
Nice. Time to take the fight to /pol/!
DOG WILLS IT YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
>>
>>8195366
im seeing cecilia dhejne in june, shall i ask her about this?
>>
File: C-TSMpbXgAADEsv.jpg (24KB, 509x319px) Image search: [Google]
C-TSMpbXgAADEsv.jpg
24KB, 509x319px
>>8195465
Wow, JIDF sure is putting in overtime since Spencer came out as pro-trans.
>>
>>8195517
If you want to. She confirmed that's her though.
>>
>>8195278
Actually he's disgraced and the very study he cites proves him entirely wrong.

His former colleagues in DSM, apa and wpath called him out on it

>McHugh does cite one study from 2011, by Cecilia Dhejne, MD and colleagues at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm. However, he misunderstands Dr. Dhejnes work. In the paper, Dr. Dhejne states that the study was not designed to draw conclusions on the efficacy of transgender surgeries, yet McHugh does exactly that. A closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejnes work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.
>The American Psychiatric Association and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health no longer view transgender identity as inherently pathological. Dr. McHughs views are stuck in the past.

>Dan Karasic, MD Health Sciences Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, UCSF Member, American Psychiatric Association Workgroup on Gender Dysphoria Member, Board of Directors, World Professional Association for Transgender Health
>>
>mortality rate was only significantly increased for the group operated before 1989. However, the latter might also be explained by improved health care for transsexual persons during 1990s, along with altered societal attitudes towards persons with different gender expressions
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885

http://www.wpath.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=1635&pk_association_webpage=4905

You're an idiot, Paul falsely cited a study that proved him wrong, and he got kicked out by the DSM/APA for fraud as a result.
your study proves that medical transition is so effective that in the modern age it drops mortality to the normal pop level.
>>
File: 1490404793325.jpg (395KB, 600x793px) Image search: [Google]
1490404793325.jpg
395KB, 600x793px
SRS is a hack job meme. Just get your balls cut off, dummy.
>>
>>8195941
>hack job
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1a9.gif (1MB, 446x469px) Image search: [Google]
1a9.gif
1MB, 446x469px
>>8195278

Why is /pol/ so retarded that they would support a doctrine pushed by religion that they haven't examined from the other side, as the devil's advocate?
>>
>>8195941
>just turn yourself into a freak
>>
why does this focus on SRS? why not HRT and social transition?
>>
>>8195989
The citation is that it's origami for your fucking crotch. It doesn't CHANGE anything.
>>
File: simply irresistible.gif (806KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
simply irresistible.gif
806KB, 500x300px
>>8196071
But how else am I going to get a desperate straight guy to support me while I stay home and play vidya?
They don't want to see my girlbenis.
>>
>>8196107
>They don't want to see my girlbenis.
Wrong. Every "straight" guy I've ever met was happy I didn't have a downstairs mix up. Either they ignored the tinkler, or they were curious about the novelty. Guys are very simple, visual creatures. Popping a half-chub lets them know that you're aroused. Women don't have a magic sign saying "hey fuck me." I'm sure lesbians will disagree, but straight men are from Mars, right? So they don't know shit.
>>
>>8195278
pls save me
>>
>>8195366
Has an op ever been blown the fuck out harder?
>>
>>8196153
protip: those guys weren't straight
>being this naive
>>
>>8196239
No guy who sleeps with a tranny is straight, regardless of whether you put a hole between your legs. Who cares. Let's say they're leaning toward straight. They're attracted to female secondary characteristics, and those are attainable.
>>
>>8196268
The inherent flaw in the study is it can't control for other factors that lead transgender individuals to killing themselves. It hasn't even been a decade in the western world where transfolk weren't the butt of every joke and looked at as disgusting by the vast majority of the mainstream and media. With that sort of hostile environment, measuring back 30 years doesn't account for the increased tolerance and acceptance that make it easier to live as a transperson after transitioning.
>>
>>8196406
To be fair, it still seems to me like many, if not most, of the populace still jokes about us.

They're just...shall we say 'in the closet' with their jokes. They're afraid to come out as hating us for no reason so they pretend to support us then laugh and tell horror stories behind our backs.

But maybe some of it is in my imagination; I won't pretend to be the most secure girl on earth. Or maybe it's my location (midwest).
>>
>>8196542
You're entirely right. But if we compare the attitudes towards trans folk even 10 years ago to now, there's been a dramatic improvement. Doesn't mean progress is done but the farther we go back in the years this study spans the worse trans people were permissibly treated.
>>
>>8195570
Yeah he's probably a chaser. The rest of the alt-right still hates him for it.
>>
>>8196036
Blame the fake news. They refer to any kind of gender treatment as a ``sex change" so normie useful idiots are up in arms thinking it's the entirety of transition treatments. HRT, blockers and so on just aren't ``exciting" enough.
>>
>>8196004
>imblying handmaded ((((bagina)))) would not makes you freak
>>
>>8195278
>Dr. McHugh notes that studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”
>More compelling than the malleability of transgender feelings among children is the recovery data of adult transgenders. Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic found that 70% to 80% of adult transgenders who had refrained from undergoing gender-reassignment surgery report that their feelings dissipate over time.
Oh is that the one that didn't bother to limit itself to people that were actually diagnosed and confirmed and treated as trans and included kids that were just gay or liked toys or colors and shit that's more associated with the other gender?

Yeah, you're either too retarded to properly understand medical research or you're purposefully misinterpreting it to try to lie deceive people.

Either way, your opinion is clearly worthless.
>>
Some people feel like going mtf is the fix all to all their problems. The way I see it once you feel comfortable with who you are on the inside you can work on how you appear on the outside.
>>
>>8195999
They're hypocrite cucks.
Remember people always lash out the strongest against what they hate within themselves.
>>
>>8198526
They would only get diagnosed when they know they want to transition.
>>
>>8198555
So you're agreeing the study doesn't actually include just diagnosed trannies and is therefore absolutely worthless for the point op is trying to twist it into, thanks :^)
>>
>>8198589
Just pointing out how what you're asking for wouldn't be a complete picture.
>>
>>8198589
>>8198635
>>8198555

It's a federal crime to lump in people who don't have a disease like the GNCs with people who have a disease like GD just so you can claim that the never sick were magically cured.

There's been criminal charges over antidepressant trials that used such fraud.

It isn't just fake, it's criminal and they busted CAMH in canada and shut them down for fraud not long ago.
>>
>>8195278
>>8195351
The only things this proves is that SRS surgery 30 years ago is not an efficient treatment.

To see if it has improved today, you would have to repeat this study and wait 30 years.
>>
>>8198635
It would be a more complete picture than a study that doesn't even bother to limit itself to people that have actually been diagnosed.

You realise that especially for kids diagnosis occurs long before they're even started on hrt, right?

I mean I really can't even get what point you're trying to make and can only assume you either don't understand how research works or you're purposefully misunderstanding for some agenda.
>>
>>8198664
If you read the thread it doesn't even say that and people like op are misunderstanding it or purposefully lying about what it says to try to deceive people.

See >>8195745
and similar posts.
>>
>>8198649
GD in GNCs is caused by lack of social acceptance of their GNC.
>>
>>8196268
>>8196239
>>8196153
>>8196107

Neo-vags are disgusting because the tech is new and not very good. Nothing wrong with them in principle once they get close to the real thing.
Girl-tinklers can be fun to touch/play with if the girl is into it, and can indeed be a nice visual cue of arousal. They can also be safely ignored if the gurl isn't into it. But no straight man will do more than maybe stroke it in the heat of passion if you beg for it, though. If he wants more, he bi.

t. chaser
>>
>>8199317
>Neo-vags are disgusting
>Girl-tinklers can be fun to touch/play with
>t. chaser

You could have just said the last thing and we would have known your other opinions.
>>
>>8198540
Transitioning demonstrably helps.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.