[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transgender Video Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: videocl.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
videocl.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
As a person who has found the transgender phenomenon deeply interesting but sadly lacking in scientifically grounded sites to explain it in all its complexity, I come to ask if the MtF and FtM communities feel that a short youtube series of 3-4 minute videos might be considered useful or necessary. I would intend to make these videos as analytical and informative as possible and so I would like to know first if /tttt/ feels a series like this would be worthwhile and secondly what areas the video should focus on, so far my list reads as:

1. Overview, what it is
2. Effects of sexual dimorphism
3. Possible causes and signs, like estrogenisation and the 2d:4d ratio
4. Behaviors and effects on the life of the individual
5 (Maybe). Theories; AGP, AAP, HSTS

So again, would you find a series like this useful in any way? What topics would you like to see covered?
>>
>>7956140
I'd watch 4 and 5, maybe 2. My expectations for 3 would be very low.

I'd like to see ones about gender roles and how they affect trans people.
>>
>>7956204
Why would 3 not interest you?

Gender roles and their effects would be included in 4.
>>
are you a real medical professional or a 4chan memester who's drank the digit ratio/AGP koolaid?

It would be useful if you were the former
>>
>>7956543
I don't think the things you'd likely cover fit with scientifically grounded information on causes and signs. I'd be more interested in clues from psychology and behavior.

I think 4 could be much more than a single short video.
>>
>>7956580
Not a medial professional no, but I'm an anthropologist. Typically my work focuses on the social aspects, but I do occasionally branch briefly into the scientific aspects of lifestyle. I would obviously be differentiating between valid sources and 4chan memes. The reason I wanted to focus on the scientific perspectives is that many of the sources I find tend to be anecdotal and for those hoping to understand their condition with greater depth this is usually inefficient.

>>7956638
I agree completely, 4 is more than deserving of one video.

What specific clues and behaviors would you like to see?
>>
>>7956838
4 is deserving of more than one video*
>>
>>7956838
>What specific clues and behaviors would you like to see?
Childhood GNC behavior and how it's different from gay or cishet behavior. If covering adults too, things like >>7914248 and the ftm versions.

There have been studies on some of these things to determine what's anecdote and what's backed by the statistics for you to talk about, right?
>>
>>7956935
I've definitely got sources for GNC children and their growing up to be trans, but unfortunately it seems that without doing primary research myself I don't have a reliable source of the experiences of repressed individuals so either I repeat anecdote or I'd have to write a paper on it first and then cite myself. I'm not really aiming for peer review with this video series though, simply informative. It's an interest of mine but not something that I can really invest in professionally at the moment.
>>
>>7956935
>>7957004
That is of course unless you count suicide statistics as a source for repression but then I have to make a correlation.
>>
Please don't make this series. Let a professional studying the trans phenomenon make it, go suggest it to them.
>>
>>7957004
>>7957010
Personally I'm interested in hearing primary research and even anecdote, though I get that it's not what you're intending for this video series.
>>
>>7957044
What sort of professional? Because I mean I technically am a professional. For a wholesome perspective you'd probably need a neuroscientist, endocrinologist, psychologist and anthropologist/sociologist (like myself) just to get the whole picture, but since that is unlikely to happen I thought I'd just try to spread some basic info by a popular medium.
>>
>>7957082
I would like to do some primary research but I have other projects at the moment and getting something publish in a journal is too much effort if I'm doing it for free.

On the upside the internet is full of transgender anecdote so yes it is definitely easy to include it.
>>
>>7956140
sounds like a fantastic idea op!
>>
>>7957095
Can you just leave the Blanchard stuff out? It's not like it's accepted outside of his batshit publishing house. You should still address it, but as a larger piece on the culture surrounding the trans community. We have enough demi-terfs spreading it like gospel already.
>>
>>7958511
I wasn't actually going to portray it as anymore than a hypothesis, but don't worry the video series will have concluded by that point and it would be an extra as opposed to a core component.
>>
There is significant similarities between the brain morphology of ciswomen&transwomen, and cismen&transmen indicating a related origin. These dimorphic areas are most notably in the: hypothalamus structure/behavior, limbic system, white matter microstructure, and colossal shape.

Further, much of the data is interdisciplinary (neurology, molecular biology, endocrinology) and much of the neurological findings have critical controls which factor out hormone replacement therapy or current sex hormone as the genesis of these dimorphic structures.

Male cancer patients suffering from androgenic cancers (prostate/testicular), often do androgen deprivation to combat cancer. This is done through an orchiectomy or or antiandrogens. Some of these patients end up taking female sex hormones or SERMs (estrogen sex hormone only acting on some receptors, i.e. no breast growth). These male identifying patients that remove androgens from their system and take a feminizing hormone reveal masculine-typical brain structures. Indicating these patterns are not formed due to active hormones. It's a hardwired formation that doesn't change depending on active sex hormone.

Some of the modern work in this field actually controls for pre-HRT patients and find the same results. In the first study by Zhou (started this all), he examined a transgender brain post-mortem of an 80 year old organ donor. This organ donor reported feeling cross sex dysphoria throughout his life and never transitioned. Their brain matched results found by the other transgender subjects.

thus gender identity is a biologically hardwired innate sense of your body formed in the first 6 months of pregnancy (intrauterine period). It's an instinctual conviction to your shell and its function. Sex is determined at conception and gender identity is formed ~3-6 months after.

sources available at request
>>
>>7958543
Wouldn't mind a source on the last point " gender identity is formed ~3-6 months after", we're all familiar with the theory but sadly lacking the evidence.
>>
>>7958543
>There is significant similarities between the brain morphology of ciswomen&transwomen, and cismen&transmen indicating a related origin.

Can you link the study / studies you are referring to please?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.