[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know how many sexual orientations exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

Does anyone know how many sexual orientations exist?
>>
>>7931941
4, gay bi pan ace. Lesbians are included under gay.
>>
>>7931941
3 I think or 2743.
>>
>>7931954
What does append with the other flags of the picture?
>>
>>7931966
Don't care, didn't look, anyone who says more than that is crazy.
>>
>>7931941
A lot of those aren't even sexualities.
>>
>>7932012
What are they?
>>
>>7931941
3. Homosexual, bisexual, and heterosexual. Every other "sexuality" falls under one of these umbrellas (people seem to confuse individual preferences with sexualities). I don't consider asexuals to have a sexuality in the same way I don't consider atheism to be a religion.
>>
>>7932025
Preferences. Sexualities are about gender. Most of these are about personality or circumstances.
>>
>>7932025
I was basically going to say what this anon said:
>>7932037

There are only 2 genders, 3 if you count trans people. Just because you're fat and hairy and you like other fat and hairy people doesn't mean "Bear" is a sexuality.
>>
>>7931941
The four on the bottom left sound like fucking schools of magic or something
>>
>>7931954
Did you seriously forget "straight" or were you only listing sexualities that would fall under LGBT?
>>
>>7931941
What is the difference between androphilia and homosexuality?
>>
>>7932066
Even trans people fall under one of the 2 genders. I agree with the rest though. Even liking or disliking trans people is a preference, not a sexuality (which is why I consider pansexuals to just be bisexuals that are less picky).
>>
>>7932078
I would guess it can mean anything.

Actually, words like "gay", "straight" and "lesbian" are problematic from an identificaion point of view. They can be fine for talking about social issues, and in the context of fighting for rights, but they are problematic to just identify and classify people as, with no other purpose. The problem is that they demand a binary gender identity for the person who identifies with it. The other sexualities just mention what you like, it's a problem that these three also add requirements to the identifier to reveal their gender identity. More descriptive words that only talk about what they like could be better in some contexts. I assume this is what Androphilia and Gynephilia do, they don't require any gender identity from the speaker.

btw I'm just a cishet so I don't speak from personal experience, but if you think about it you should see how problematic some of the terms are.
I just wish there were a flag for straight people too. I have great insecurity in it, and having maybe some colours to subtly come out with would be nice. I've looked, and the suggestions I see are either insults, share colours with other flags causing confusion, or have a history of straight supremacy. I just want something nice for people who feel uncomfortable with their sexuality.
>>
>>7932136
>ashamed of being straight
wut
>>
>>7932188
Maybe it's about not being asexual. That's something I've seen more people complain about online, and sexuality shaming is a big thing in society. So maybe that would be better to target.
When it just comes to me and straightness, I am a minority/the only person in a community I take part in, and I try to keep it secret from them because I worry how they'd think.
>>
>>7932212
So you're a straight guy who's been pretending to be asexual and you don't know how to come out to them?
>>
>>7931941
In a theoretical sense, there are an infinite number of points between any two points. So infinity plus whatever tumblr is doing today.
>>
>>7932188
That's what identity politics does to people.
>>
2 gender male or female no trans is not a gender it is the transition between the 2 3 sexuality gay , les , and bi
>>
>>7932073
I legitimately forgot straight, it's just the default so it didn't come to mind. So what I meant to say was 5*.
>>
>>7931954
>pan

Fuck off tumblr
>>
>>7932282
Fuck off
>>7932437
Back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>7932437
I'm gay but I figured pan is kind of different from bisexual, because I know bisexuals who would only do cis people. So I separated them.
>>
There is one sexual orientation, straight and then there's mental illness
>>
>>7932442
>triggered feminist
>>
>>7931941
Hetero, homo and bi. The rest is useless snowflake drivel.
>>
>>7931954
>implying that pan is distinct from bi
>>>/out/
>>
>>7933651
pan = doesn't care about gender
bi = likes both genders
>>
>>7933756
Pan means all, which implies that there are more than two, which is why pan is bull shit.

>>7931941
Three
Homo, Bi, Hetero. Ace is a disease. The rest are all Tumblrisms.
>>
>>7933931
No, bi is attraction to masculine and feminine, but a bi person might still dislike androgyny. Pan is all, which includes androgyny. That's why pan is meaningful. No tumblr genders here.
>>
>>7933952
"Masculine," "feminine," "androgyny"
NOT. FUCKING. GENDERS.
Also sexual orientation, get this, has more to do with SEX than Gender. Fucking weird, huh? And know how many of those there are? Yeah, two.

By your definition straight guys who like tomboys aren't straight.
>>
>>7933962
You got one thing right, I should have said sex, not gender.

This goes back to the old "is it gay to like traps". We're talking about males who have grown feminine proportions and tits, not tomboys.
>>
>>7933976
When did I say anything about traps? I am discussing tomboys. Would you call a straight guy who thinks tomboys are cute not straight?
>>
Gay, straight, bisexual, and ace (literally kids too young to have a sexuality and rape victims).

Everything else is a meme.
>>
Why do gays get a rainbow. Why not some masc colors?
>>
>>7935764
>rainbow is gay
>not LGBT
All this time I've waved the rainbow flag thinking it represented me as a tranny, and it doesn't?!
>>
What the fuck do skoliosexual and lithoromantic mean?
>>
>>7933931
Most bi people only like cis folks. Pan doesnt care
>>
>>7935818
Someone already explained that to him, he didn't care.
>>
>>7935818
Bull shit. Trans people are not their own gender. It is disrespectful to claim that they are. And I have never met a bisexual who wasn't down to bang a tranny. People here even joke about us all being chasers. I've seent it with my own eyes. And I so don't prove them wrong!

>>7935835
No, somebody mentioned traps, which aren't at all the same.
>>
Please, take your petty shit and flags somewhere else.

The fucking LGBT community is shit because of these fags with their "muh abrosexual muh fugsexual" shit. It's 3-4 orientations at most. going down and categorizing it more by separating people who like people based on body preferences? fucktards
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.