[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I let people know I'm gay without acting like a faggot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 9457919369_cf5704d921_z.jpg (182KB, 436x640px) Image search: [Google]
9457919369_cf5704d921_z.jpg
182KB, 436x640px
How do I let people know I'm gay without acting like a faggot? People are always surprised when I tell them I'm gay and I'm afraid it's limiting my chances for dating.

Pic related, what I don't want to be.
>>
Black t-shirt with block letter screen print readung: FAGGOT
>>
>>7793956
/thread
>>
>>7793878
rainbow flag bracelet/cufflinks.
>>
Shits like that: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012B1V8QA/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1487664118&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=rainbow+bracelet&dpPl=1&dpID=41P%2Bnb9pVZL&ref=plSrch
>>
File: EAYez.jpg (68KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
EAYez.jpg
68KB, 800x533px
Make sure your friends know it without being an attention-whore about it. They'll be sure to gossip at any opportunity. Liberal chicks in particular will try to set you up with any other fags they know of.
>>
>>7794089
>Make sure your friends know it without being an attention-whore about it. They'll be sure to gossip at any opportunity. Liberal chicks in particular will try to set you up with any other fags they know of.

>tell two people
>both gossip sluts
>two weeks later everyone knows
Pretty annoying when they kept trying to set me up with yaaaaasss queens, like I can't find them by myself
>>
suck dicks in public
>>
Why are gay men so profoundly insecure? Just tell your friends you're gay
>>
>>7793956
Actually that sounds cool.
>>7795418
I guess OP is more thinking about non-friends. It'd be like a stereotype vegetarian if you'd just told everyone out of the blue.
>>
>>7793878
It's pretty simple. Just don't hesitate to bring up your dating life and/or struggles with your friends. A lot of straight people do it, so why shouldn't you? If it's a matter of strangers not knowing that you're gay I don't see what the big deal is. Who cares if they know? Are you hoping to be hit on by randos? It's not all it's cracked up to be. The one time I was hit on out of the blue in an unexpected setting it was more confusing than anything else.
>>
>>7795418
Because gay men are profoundly ridiculed and attacked early in life for being gay and most straight people if you tell them at all will give you shit for "shoving their sexuality in their face" no matter how mild, casually, and appropriately you do it.
>>
>>7796096
Seriously. I cut off contact with one "friend" because he liked to brag about sex but if I brought up any of my experiences he would get offended.
>>
>>7796332
Yep. I have put up with hours on end of listening to straight guys and girls tell me all about their relationships, dates, sex lives, etc. Hetero romance is boldly plastered on the front of every advertisement, movie, song, etc.

I have never told anybody any explicit details about sexual encounters ever, I rarely ever talk about being gay or who I am attracted to at all. The most explicit language I've ever used to talk about a sexual encounter is probably smg like "oh haha we hung out and things happened u know ;)" but only in the context of very accepting friends.

I am still told gay people are shoving their sexuality in people's faces and gay people deserve all of the hatred in the world for daring to exist openly because "your sexuality shouldn't be a big deal"
barfs
in my head i'm like 'trust me i WISH it wasn't such a damn big deal'
>>
Straight virgin man here; I never talk about my sexuality to my friends. Only faggots do that. Dont be a faggot and keep your sex life from your friend life.
>>
>>7796377
>Dont be a faggot
wew are you ever on the wrong board
>>
>>7796364
I guess it's just an unfortunate consequence of being a minority population but I agree.

My best friend tells me stories all the time about how he gets blowjobs in bathrooms, fingers girls in the club and gives explicit detail regarding his sexual experiences. And while I'm extremely happy he's open with me about that (as I feel most straight/gay friendships tend to falter after coming out) I still can't gauge his comfortabliity with the fact that I want to have sex with other guys.

I suppose I should be more trusting of him to be accepting (he's never given me a reason not to be) but he's from a 3rd world country that prides itself on Christian, heteronormative rules that don't have much room for anything but.

I love the guy, I really do but sometimes I just feel uncomfortable talking about my sexual side to someone I'm not wholly sure doesn't care.

Idk it's weird.
>>
>>7796096
>2017
>falling for the gay men are persecuted meme
>>
>>7796524
I lived it even before coming out.
>>
>>7796390
This. /lgbt/ is literally just Faggots: The Board.
>>
>>7796524
Truth. Gay men are one of the most privileged people and only seek to further the patriarchy.
>>
>>7799246
patriarchy
Tumblr is that way >>>/co/
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.