[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 30

File: IMG_1969.jpg (93KB, 768x504px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1969.jpg
93KB, 768x504px
You will lie to your recruiter edition.

>Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

>http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
Why train for a year before you get the chance to kill? It was 1 month vietnam draft. Maybe we will get lucky with another draft
>>
>>35028430
When does school start? It's the day after labor day here.
>>
Is Weapons technician a good trade?

Looking at doing it for the RAF
>>
>>35028435
This week or next in most places around here.
>get da swimminpool all to myself
>>
>>35028921
You've already had an answer in the previous thread.

What are you hoping for again? Are you interested in weapons? Do you want to join the RAF? If the answer to those questions is 'yes' then it might be worth applying.
>>
Do Navy cruisers/destroyers carry IT rates onboard?
>>
Was wanting to join to through DLI and be a linguist type. Already Intermediate in German and Intermediate-advanced in russian. Willing to learn whatever they ask me to. Wondering whether army, navy, or air force is best for this path
>>
>>35029386

>Army
Interrogate people in the language that they assign to you after being promised that you'll get to be 007 doing HUMINT or sit in an office translating chatter.

>Air Force
Sit in an office translating chatter, or sit in a spy plane translating chatter in real time.

>Navy
Sit in an office or on a ship translating chatter.

The real question is whether the quality of life in the Air Force or the Army's promises of getting to do "spy stuff" and dangling signing bonuses is more appealing to you.
>>
>>35029167
Did I? My bad I'll go back and check it out.

I am interested in just learning about weapons technician through somebody who's already done it / doing it.
>>
>>35029167
I looked and didn't get a response to my question at all
>>
File: 1209923664372.jpg (49KB, 559x436px) Image search: [Google]
1209923664372.jpg
49KB, 559x436px
What are the physical requirements for guys in the army?

Presently I can do:
>8 unassisted pull ups
>60 push ups in a minute
>Run a mile in 8 mins

Is this good enough?
>>
>>35029591

The pull ups are good but Army basic doesn't involve pull ups. The push ups are great. The 8 minute mile is okay, but you're going to be running two miles in basic so you need to adjust to a somewhat longer distance.

Overall not bad though, people in much worse shape than you come through and make it.
>>
>>35029591
I can do 12 pullups
7 minute mile

but only 50 pushups :-(
>>
File: IMG_0975.jpg (109KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0975.jpg
109KB, 640x432px
What Navy ratings allow for potential expeditionary missions? Is Gunner's Mate as /k/ as I think it is?
>>
Is it true that you can't get any bonuses if you're going to OCS?
>>
File: IMG_1594.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1594.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Reviving this question from last thread since it capped while it was still being discussed.

Intel/Cyber, which branch is best between Army, Navy, and Air Force?
I know the job is far more important than branch, but they have differences that can't be ignored
>>
THANK ME FOR MY FUCKING SERVICE
>>
>You will lie to your recruiter
It's mutual.
>>
>>35014605
Please respond
>>
>>35028408
Can you get a wavier from someone recovery from a compound fracture?
>>
reminder basic training is easy as fucking fuck
the hardest thing you'll do is run, if you're not a runner work on it

AIT is more difficult
>eat anything you anything you want at the DFAC
>go out every weekend
>spend all your money
>PT not even CLOSE to basic
>some AIT allow smoking/vape/dip
>class from 8to5 then do what ever you want till final
> you'll get fat
> you'll get bored
>>
Just came in here to say that MEPS is a giant shit sow filled with absolute moron "doctors".
>>
>>35030194
In order:
Navy
Air Force/Army
Marines
>>
File: FB_IMG_1503846186545.jpg (47KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1503846186545.jpg
47KB, 960x640px
>>35030196
>mfw I spent my entire deployment watching movies, touching myself, and playing video games

You will never know my sacrifice.
>>
>>35030226
Kekked
>>
>>35029785
The Navy doesn't shoot anyone.
>>
>>35030370
Why Navy over AF? I thought AF had higher spending in that department
>>
What's the US Military equivalent (any branch is appreciated, no specifics) to a guy who sits behind a table/desk with an arsenal of weapons behind him?
>>
>>35030559
q-tip tech
>>
I want to become a paratrooper but I don't want to weigh 50kg and run a 6 minute 2.4k

What military job is the best for muscular guys
>>
>>35030586
>What military job is the best for muscular guys
desk jobs

those are the only trades where i see beefed up guys
>>
>>35030573 is it about as exciting as any old desk job?
>>
>>35030609
all you do is take bribes from q-tip companies to infuriate the average working man with nefarious cleaning requests so no
>>
>>35030620
Sounds fitting, thanks mate
>>
>>35030594
I hate computers so much
>>
>>35030639
if you want to keep a high maintenance body then you'll need to do an easy trade
>>
>>35030647
Lifting isn't as high maintenance as you think. Its 3 hours out of my entire week doing something I enjoy.

I want to see action but I also want to squat, bench and deadlift heavy weights every so often.

How much of your training is dictated by PTs?
Do you have to do what they say after boot camp?
>>
>>35030586
If you want to blow shit up and never get out of your vehicle, 19K.
>>
>>35030660
>Do you have to do what they say after boot camp?
Yes, rank still exists after boot camp. You do whatever your superiors want, that's how the military works.

You will have time to lift but you will also be expected to do PT in the morning, usually daily.
>>
>>35030687
I was talking about the desk jobs, sorry I forgot to say!

Same deal?
>>
>>35030660
>Lifting isn't as high maintenance as you think. Its 3 hours out of my entire week doing something I enjoy.
I'm just telling you what I typically see. Guys I worked with deflated because the time they allotted for PT wasn't enough nor was the equipment good enough to maintain the level they wanted. I'm going through training right now and they give us like 15 minutes a day for PT at the gym. You basically use the period for administration and workout on your own time, from what we've been doing.

If you want to see action, pick a job that'll let you do that. Just go into it and figure out what you have time for later.

Do a job you enjoy before a job you regret.
>>
>>35030710
Alright, I get you, appreciate the advice man.
>>
>>35030660
Ever heard cardio kills your gainz? Well now put yourself in the boots of your average grunt.
>>
>>35030196
Thank u 4 ur cervix
>>
>>35030194

What are your goals? Different positives for each.
>>
>>35030066
No, being an officer is your bonus
>>
any 11b's here? i'm doing nothing with my life and thinking about going for that
>>
>>35031041
Travel would be nice, I'm not really sure outside of that to be honest.. two great grandparents were Seabees in WWII, but I like planes a lot more than boats.. it's all kind of a wash.
>>
>>35030283
Meh, the CMO at mine was pretty squared away. Although you could tell he was dead on the inside.
>>
I decided to enlist in the Marines and go intel. Will the intel experience combined with my degree set me up for a career in the private or government sector?
>>
Help getting off ADHD, like anything that will help me focus on the ultimate goal of Joining?
>>
How good is an armourer?

I get to get drunk and shoot aks rights?
>>
>>35031419
It's shit. You'll forever have a hatred of smoothskins.
>>
>>35031507
What's a smoothskin
>>
>>35031514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m75OSHbzb8s
>>
>The US Marine Corps officially inducted Bugs Bunny as a Pirvate
>Officially discharged at the end of WWII as a Master Sergeant
Just in case you needed any further evidence that the Marines are a meme
>>
>>35031613
>>35031507
WHY WILL I HATE SMOOTHSKINS
>>
Can I join if I have seasonal asthma?
>>
>>35031960
don't announce it.

I think I have asthma, I'm just gonna pretend I don't.
>>
>>35031974
Yeah I only really get the symptoms during winter time, but other than that I'm fine, I'm just not gonna say anything
>>
File: Leedsichthys.jpg (54KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
Leedsichthys.jpg
54KB, 900x636px
What is it like enlisting and serving in the Navy Supply Corps as an Officer with no prior military service? Do you need a degree in a certain field?
>>
>>35031960
>>35031974

The only time your medical records will ever be checked is if something goes wrong with you during basic. If you have an asthma attack at basic they would likely find out you lied to get in.

Otherwise, they will never bother to look for your medical records and the physical they give will not find it unless it's bad.
>>
>>35032032
I don't have mind diagnosed.

I've just noticed the past few weeks I've had breathing problems when running.
Been running for 6 months and its never been this bad...
>>
I want an Option 40 contract. One thing I am worried about is past light drug experimentation and an add med prescription in high school. Are these things easily waiver-able?
>>
>enlisting in the military

Not today ZOG
>>
Why are marines literally fucking brain dead retards?
>>
>>35032061
There's no reason to tell them about the drugs unless you have a record for it. You can likely get the add meds waivered as long as you no longer need to take it, but it will be a hassle and could take months. They will almost certainly never find out about it unless you tell them.
>>
>>35032047
Maybe try taking a few days of rest and see if it sticks around. Have you considered that you might just have a cold?

If it's not diagnosed then you have nothing to worry about in terms of enlistement, but it's up to you to determine if you can handle basic.
>>
How much firearm training do you do as a pilot either rotary or fixed wing?
>>
>>35032136
Okay I'll explain what's going on. Recently, as in the past two weeks (I only run like 2-3x a week), I've noticed I am struggling to breath about half a mile in, I end up literally gasping for the rest of my run, and at the end of my run I lay on the floor for about 60 seconds hyper ventilating, but after those 60 seconds I go back to normal breathing. I also get a little chest pain.

Its concerning because I've been running 6 months and its never been like this before.
However, I have never ran this far and this long before in my entire life so perhaps its normal...?

My airways have felt a little restricted recently too I have noticed.

I got my heart scanned just yesterday and they said its all okay, this was an appointment I had made years ago due to pulmonary stenosis, which I was told yesterday has pretty much entirely gone now.
>>
>>35032156
In which branch? For rotary pilots in the army you have to qualify with pistols as well as rifles, so a decent amount.
>>
>>35032172
>run half mile
>lay on the floor gasping
This doesn't sound feasible for basic. Sort yourself out mate.
>>
>>35032191
Ah, reading comprehension ain't your strong point eh mate?
>>
>>35032183
Either army , navy or air force
>>
>>35032200
It barely changes regardless of how long you actually ran. Being on the floor for a minute hyperventilating isn't feasible. You're doing that now, imagine wearing 40lbs of gear and holding a rifle.
>>
Is it frowned upon when one joins the reserves instead of active duty for their first enlistment?
>>
>>35032209
Things to consider:
>its only recently begun happening, perhaps its preventable
>I have begun struggling to breath at half a mile in. It hasn't reduced my run time.
>I'm not going for a fighting job
>>
>>35032219
Reservists are trained worse and are generally retarded, so yes.
>>
>>35030492
It's more expansive and allows for greater travel opportunities, in my opinion.

Bear in mind that neither are "bad."
>>
>>35032105
Because they embrace it. They embrace every single negative stereotype. You literally cannot insult a Marine.

Also you're going to find literal retards in every single branch, let me just warn you.
>>
>>35032228
Is 2 or 3 classes per semester with a POG job doable? I need the military to supplement my income for these last 2 years.
>>
>>35032115

Unless he needs to get a clearance and the investigator interviews some friend(s) that saw him do drugs
>>
How bad is it getting medical waivers? Everyone here says to lie, is it because it's just a pain and takes a long time or are they typically just not given?
>>
I fucked up college and all I enjoy is fucking with guns, which is easier/better to get into, 89D, 91F, 37F, or 31B?
>>
>>35032172
Could be a form of asthma, could be severe seasonal allergies.
>>
>>35032271
Search for part time reservist positions near you.
>>
I'm about to ship to MEPS soon. I've lost damn near 25 pounds this summer and around 2 inches off my waist. I'm stuck in the last 1-2 inches on my waist. It seems like I'm "plateauing" in that my weight is still going down but my waist doesn't wanna shrink. I have ~2 weeks to lose it. Do I just eat chicken, eggs, and do a morning run or is there a more effective way. I'd like to lose as much as possible to be on the safe side. Any advice is helpful.
>>
>>35032404
Do a keto diet + calorie counting. The most dramatic weight loss occurs in the (it takes about a week to kick in properly) 2-3 weeks when you are shedding water weight. This should get your waist measurements where you want. Note that if you try this, you absolutely can not cheat on this diet at all because it will reset how your body is consuming calories.
>>
What is the most lazy, do-absolutely-nothing job in the Military? I don't want to work hard.
>>
>>35032485
Which military?
>>
>>35032485
Air Force, any job.
>>
>>35032485
Not joining.
>>
>>35032508
retarded marine detected
>>
>>35032516
To be fair, he is not wrong.
>>
>>35030066
Nice double dubs

But being an officer is reward enough, bro. All those NJPs you issue and your higher starting pay rate is all you need.
>>
>>35030594
This!

The only people you see all beefed up are the people who have meaningless desk jobs. They are the only ones who both have the time and are not broke the fuck off after a day's work to afford spending 3 hours a day at the gym eating spoonfuls of raw protein.
>>
>>35032507
I don't care which.
>>
>>35030559
Army has the Field 45 MOSes, ranging from Unit Small Arms/Artillery Repair to Armament and Fire Systems Repair.
>>
>>35032546
All marines need to be named and shamed
>>
>>35032485

NEET 0420
>>
>>35032579
>shit on Air Force
>"Well I guess you just weren't smart enough!"

>shit on Marine Corps
>"You just weren't tough enough!"

They're mirror images of one another and both sides are too stupid to see it.
>>
>>35032546
Yup, clearly a USMC 0151 works much harder than a USAF 8002.

I have to admit that the Marine Corp's marketing and indoctrination is superior to all the other branches. The recruitment commercials tell recruits that "average marine = Special Operator of any othe branch" and then indoc makes them actually believe it. The funny thing is that actual USMC doorkickers that have experience outside the wire on joint ops tend to drop that moto shit real quick, whereas the POG do nothings cling to it and tell anybody who will listen about the Corps. That shit might convince civilians who don't know any better, but when I see some Supply sergeant who never left the wire talking about how he is "Basically Special Forces" I ain't fooled.
>>
>>35028408
Got kicked out after 3.5 years for being fat. Felt really fucking bad so I dropped my weight and waited the 2 years required to attempt to go back in. Was 180lb when I got out (max weight was suppose to be 170, failed it twice and chaptered), now down to 155lbs. I'm kinda nervous to go to recruiter office, What's the chances I will be able to get back in?
>>
>>35032614

The funny shit is when someone says that Marine Corps > AFSOC. Like shit man.
>>
>>35032652
You're fine at 155 senpai. People get kicked out for far worse reasons.
>>
File: 1502852559955.png (488KB, 532x810px) Image search: [Google]
1502852559955.png
488KB, 532x810px
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
it's not fair
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>35032877
It's fine if you were DQ'd, dude. Just buy some tactical clothes, go out the desert with a militia, call yourself a Colonel, and spend the rest of your life telling people how you wudda joined except for....
>>
>>35032614
They do, but that's because more is expected of them. Doesn't make them high speed -- quite the opposite -- but everyone knows that the Corps operates under the "100% is too low" motto.
>>
File: washout cant wash his shirt.jpg (406KB, 1289x1257px) Image search: [Google]
washout cant wash his shirt.jpg
406KB, 1289x1257px
>>35032877
It's now time
>>
>>35033010

>he genuinely believes this
>>
>>35032156
Anyone have any info on this?
>>
>>35029710
You'll be fine m8, do work on your sit ups tho
>>
>>35032183
Qualifying with pistols is a joke. Qualifying quarterly on two weapons is not "a lot" of shooting.
>>
So i'm 5'11" at 122lbs right now. Trying to bulk up and iv'e been working out for a few months but i'm not sure i'll be considered "not underweight" by the time I want to visit a recruiter in mid October. Does this mean I have a good chance of being denied until I gain more weight or what?
>>
>>35033032
>>35032923
Theyre sticking me on a ship, was gonna be on a comfy shore duty
>>
>>35029785
Navy EOD, but you need to be a fairly good swimmer.
>>
How old is too old? Im 28 and Im keeping the possibility of joining a foreign military when all my other life plans go to shit. Doing a tour of some shitfuckistani country and then getting that sweet murrikan citizeship and buy some land in Vermont, Montana, Collorado or something. Or is this not a possibility anymore?
>>
>>35033160
I was overweight when I went to a recruiter. He shouldn't send you to MEPS until you meet height weight/tape requirements.
>>
>>35033214
35 is the real cut off point, I'd say.
>>
>>35033186
Why join the navy if you don't want to be on a ship?
>>
File: 1480098205719.jpg (83KB, 1024x548px) Image search: [Google]
1480098205719.jpg
83KB, 1024x548px
>>35030226
>>
Hey yall. I got a general discharge from the army for being too much of a fat body to pass pt. Fast forward a year later and I'm in great shape, and really motivated to reenlist. How realistic is reenlisting for me? Should I try a different branch?
>>
>>35033036
It's a fact, man. Marines work harder, but not smarter.
>>
File: air force armorer.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
air force armorer.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>35030559

army - small arms repairman 91F
navy - gunners mate
air force - armorer
coast guard - gunners mate
marines - 2111 small arms repairer
>>
Just took the ASTB and ended up with a 72/9/8/8, my recruiter said it was the second highest he's ever seen and that barring any screwups between now and when I submit my package I should be a shoe in for a SNA slot (assuming there are any available, obvi).

Is this something I can take at face value?
>>
>>35033821
She can repair my arms
>>
>>35033821
>That name though...
>>
how long does it take for an age waiver to clear and how big is the chance to get one in the first place? (29 - Marines)
>>
>>35033214
I'm in my early 30s and just signed my contract. As long as you meet the age requirement and can handle it physically, go for it.
>>
File: armorer 2.png (962KB, 874x682px) Image search: [Google]
armorer 2.png
962KB, 874x682px
>>35033902

where can I acquire (01) air force QT?

is there an NSN so I can milstrip?

>>35032291

A) depends on condition
B)depends on recruiters desire to help you
C)depends on doctors ability to argue your case

its not impossible, but it can take some time

>>35032300
nigga go gunners mate
>t. gunners mate (i fucked with a bunch of 50s and m4s just today)
>>
>>35033927
Nornally takes 3 weeks to a month. There's usually at least one guy in the platoon who is pushing 30.
>>
>>35029785
GM, MA, SO/SB obviously, and a couple others. MA and GM are your best bet when it comes to playing with guns all day
>>
>>35033980
Dude Micheal Cera got hot, and joined the Air Force.
>>
>>35029785

it depends, if you end up on a big boat then probably not, just general big gun fuckery, if you go to some commands you can get quals like combat life saver and deploy with door kickers, I served with an expeditionary unit, but I know many people who just worked desk jobs on land and never really did much
>>
>>35030226
Excellent point
>>
>>35030660
Don't listen to them. Navyfag here, outside of deployments you have plenty of time to lift on shore duty. On deployment idk, I'm a submariner. I've heard carriers have whole gyms onboard(makes sense, they're fucking huge) but we ain't got space for that shit
>>
>>35034196
>I'm a submariner
So when you're on shore you basically do nothing.

t. skimmer
>>
>>35032224
you might have pneumonia
>>
>>35034202
Dude when I'm on deployment i basically do nothing
>>
>>35034257
>I have the naval equivalent to a desk job
>dude what do you mean people have no time to lift
Some people in the navy work from wakey wakey to nighty night.
>>
>>35033876
>72/9/8/8
Your OR probably wapped off after you left that day. 80 is the max for OAR. 9s are the max for AQR, PFAR, and FOFAR. You're golden assuming everything else is up to snuff.

Note: those scores don't mean anything besides getting accepted.
>>
>>35034275

>we call those people bilge dwellers
>>
>>35034333
Sure. Really depends on how shitty the cock is.

>chiefs who break coffee pots onto the deck
why
>>
File: af.png (864KB, 709x666px) Image search: [Google]
af.png
864KB, 709x666px
>>35034449

because some chiefs just hate people?

>tfw rate accomplishes no deck/navigation related tasks, propulsion engineering tasks, radio/commo/radar or personnel tasks, literally just fuck with guns all day... (some of my units didn't even make me stand any underway watches, i just played vidya between playing with funs)
>>
>>35034292
Nice. Yeah I've got some time left so I'm probably going to get some civvie flight time (and maybe a license if I can swing the cost, I am full time as a student and only part time employed, so it's not exactly cheap).

The only thing that could set me back is lack of leadership experience, as I've really been too busy for extracurriculars since graduating high school. I've had a few full time jobs concurrently with education and that's been tough as-is.
>>
>>35032564
I thought lifting weights was part of infantry life
>>
>>35034686
There are very few huge ripped infantry guys. Rucking, running, and body armor runs (I disagree with these, but they still get done) take the focus of morning PT. It's very difficult to work in a real deal heavy weight lifting routine because you have to do it on your own time, and because the military don't give a shit about giving you rest days. It's kinda hard to do max RM squats on your own time and then be forced to do organized PT runs the next day. Add to that all the field time and other training time where pumping weights isn't an option and you've got infantry guys who are skinny skinny-ripped, or cube shaped with leg and core strength hidden under unaesthetic fat.
>>
>>35034686
Don't SEALs get to sit around and eat peanut butter all day? Does Army SOF get to do the same?
>>
What does being an officer entail
>>
>>35034861

depends on branch and type

usually you are in charge of people, and they get really backstabby to make rank unless you go medical or chaplain

also 21y/o who thinks he knows it all because he heard about it once in OCS at the service academy, in charge of 35 y/o with 15 years in the service
>>
>>35034920
I have interest in being armor officer but I haven't looked into every branch in every military yet
>>
Thinking about joining the Chair Force ROTC after a recruiter approached me. Aiming for a job in Mechanical Engineering. Having some second thoughts though and considering the Marines. Which branch is better for engineering?
>>
>>35034784
On deployment you get absolutely ripped though don't you?
>>
File: 1503604783452.jpg (295KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1503604783452.jpg
295KB, 900x1200px
>>35030389
Gotta be a SH, YN or PS
>>35032017
>enlisting and serving in the Navy Supply Corps as an Officer
nigger what?
>>35033186
Explain this, if its your first rotation you need to go to a ship you loser
>>35034525
>>35034257
Rate?
>>35034954
>>35034920
>usually you are in charge of people
What this means in an officers mind is you see the division at quarters and say some corny ass one liner motivation nonsense and then thats it. I saw my divo at quarters and that was it for the rest of the day. 99% of them go to their staterooms and do paperwork and study for boards and stuff.
>>
File: 1503770266435.jpg (89KB, 770x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1503770266435.jpg
89KB, 770x1024px
>>35035895

Gunners mate, currently in an armory/ repairman billet (issue guns and fix broken guns, I got some ridiculous stories about shit i seen come into the armory)
>>
>>35035956
Youre the a GM? Of course you do nothing.
>>
>>35035801
Dude listen, the majority of active soldiering uses relatively little bi/tri action and it ain't the kind of full range of motion either to build up ripped, impressive muscles. I'm sure *some* dudes build up arms on deployment, but again the POGs that work on FOBs with gyms and have lots of spare time are waaaaay more likely to get ripped than infantrymen.

A dismounted infantryman on an OP is probably doing a patrol every three days, at least, on top of pulling guard shifts, defending the place, and just plain keeping stuff working. Not a lot of time to get mega huge.

Line troops who actually have to spend a lot of time outside the wire have mega quads and backs, but no beach muscles.
>>
>>35035982

does that make you angery?
>>
>>35036008
No, im just saying no one is suprised you dont do shit thats all.
>water is wet
>>
>>35036036

shits so boring sometimes, thats why I went to all kind of schools and managed to get myself deployed with expditionary units
>>
>>35036072
>14
Age 14?
>>
>>35036072

something tells me you either mistyped or you are too young to be here, look at WOFT, get some college through CLEP and then contact army recruiter (you can fly at 18)
>>
>>35036072
Nigger im not sure which retard you are songle you didnt green text my reply and obviously
>14
nigger what?
>>35036064
neat
>>
>>35036072
remember not to make bad decisions in high school / college
>>
>>35030194
I'm not in yet so take this with a grain of salt, but this is what I've gotten from about 6 months of research on the topic:
>Army
Big push for "le cyber warriors" and willing to take new soldiers into the 17C MOS because they're desperate. Program still in early stages so expect lots of fuckery in addition to usual Army fuckery, but it sounds like they really do train people for defense/offense and not just IT
>Navy
Cryptologic Technician ratings, specifically the Network rate (CTN) deal with intel and defense/offense, not just IT. Most CT people will be on ships, but CTNs will mostly be on shore so if you want to be in the Navy without being in the Navy this might be right for you. In terms of branches, Navy seems to have the most highly trained and respected people for this job
>Air Force
Hardest branch to start in actual cyber warfare jobs. Lots of typical IT jobs, but real defense/offense is the 1B4 AFSC. Conflicting information online but it seems they only take retrainees into 1B4, meaning you already have to be enlisted in a different job first just to have a shot at it. Also 1N4 and 1N2 are related, but these are more intel jobs and you may or may not get to do operational cyber warfare with these AFSCs. Also dat Air Force comfy life if you can get one of these jobs
>Marines
Unknown, but there is no dedicated "cyber" job at the moment and is instead done by a mix of people in SIGINT/ELINT and comms and they're still trying to figure out what to do. Also, you'll be a Marine living a Marine life while doing a job you could be doing in another branch

Protip: your unit and base can be just as influential on your job as your actual MOS/AFSC/rate. Also, the Army has guaranteed jobs, and while the Navy and AF do have guaranteed jobs, they also have general/aptitude areas so make sure you have the specific job you want guaranteed, in writing, in your contract
>>
>>35028408
How do I enlist in GI Joe?
>>
>>35029591
>8:20 mile
>45-50 pushups because I don't always beat lactic acid to the goal
>10 pullups
>50 situps

I need to keep pushing if I want to do 35M option 4.
>>
>>35029386
>>35029501
I'm an Air Force Ground Linguist.
The second guy was pretty spot on, although it's not always listening. Sometimes there is reading to do as well.
I actually lucked out and get to write code all day for my job. I hate the language I got.
>>
>>35037109
I'm sure your local Marine recruiter has all the "info" you will ever need!
>>
Can someone explain what the fuck an 11x contract actually is? My recruiter said it would guarantee me airborne after basic and a shot at RASP but this sounds like bullshit. Can anyone clear this up?
>>
Dont lie to your recruiter, lie to meps.
>>
>>35037217
If you want airbone and RASP guaranteed you need 11x with option 40 contract
>>
About to swear in... when do I sign my contract?

Since im active marine and auditor requires a degree, choosing finance will yield finance technician or analyst randomly right?
>>
>>35037249
Is it possible to just get airborne in your contract? If so how do you do that?
>>
>>35031393
Everybody i know tries to go intel. I bet they put a janitor mos in intel and 90% of applicants get put into it.
>>
>>35031354
This. Everybody at meps was dead on the inside.

My branches dude there first words were about honesty and integrity, and how youd get help if you came clean and you wouldnt get dqed. You could tell it was just a robot saying it trying to supress its human feelings.
>>
>>35029591
Not even close, but its extremely easy to get down to a 7 minute mile. You will pass basic if you do basic cardio.
>>
>>35037259
Option 4 i believe is what you need
>>
>>35037259
Option 4 is Airborne. 40 is Ranger (which requires Jump School, so you get Airborne training before Ranger training.
>>
no memes or anything will i hate my life going army airborne

i want to do soldier shit like fucking with small arms, door to door, demo and freefalling
>>
>>35037607
Bump. Have the same question but applied to army rangers
>>
>>35037217
>11x contract actually is?

Infantry.

It's 11x because you'll find out if you're Bravo (Rifleman) or Charlie (Mortar) while in OSUT.

There used to also be other 11 MOS back in the day like 11H (anti tank, last guy I met with that MOS was a Dragon gunner), 11M (mechanized infantry, last guy I met who had that MOS drove a Bradley), and then Vietnam era MOS like 11D, 11E, 11F, and 11G.
>>
>>35036623
That was pretty much what I was looking for, thanks for typing all that out. I've been in the process of enlistment for airforce but god the job selection process is so fucking lame.
I'll take another look at Army and see what it's got going on, but all else fails CTN is the pick
>>
>>35037607
>>35037754

Getting Airborne is more for promotion points. You don't really see any more action than a normal infantryman, it just means you will probably get stationed at Fort Bragg.

With Ranger, however, you have a much better chance of getting out and doing stuff in a conflict zone. Same goes with any other SOF.

This is because of the way we are currently waging war. It can all change with a new war and Airborne could have a chance to actually drop into somewhere but who knows.
>>
>>35038029
is fort bragg any good
>>
How gay are the Marines?
>>
>>35038071
Yes
>>
>>35038043
You'll be shaking daddy's moneymaker for 20's stuffed into your undies.
>>
>>35038087
What?
>>
>>35029634

>army basic doesnt involve pullups

You lying piece of shit its part of the climbing drills.
>>
>>35030594

Im in a combat MOS but if you wanna stay big you have to be highly motivated.

You can be big and still be in a combat job, the fags saying you can only be big and work at a computer are unmotivated pindicks
>>
>>35038833
>highly motivated.
>the fags saying you can only be big and work at a computer are unmotivated pindicks
or they are the working side of the military
>>
Which branch has the best bases?

Which job in the marine corps sends you to the best bases?
>>
I have a degree but I pretty much don't know shit, the only difference between me and enlisted is paper.

Can I still be an officer and what can I do?
>>
>>35028408
>Which branch has the best bases?

Navy or Air Force. Depends how far inland you want to be.

>Which job in the marine corps sends you to the best bases?

Almost every MOS has the same chance of going to a base. Some go to Oki, some go to NC, some get put in Twentynine Palms. 03s are more likely to go to 29P though so take that into consideration.
>>
File: AFB 1.png (158KB, 1716x986px) Image search: [Google]
AFB 1.png
158KB, 1716x986px
>>35039633
>Which branch has the best bases?
chairforce
>>
>>35040193
/r/ing one of these for the navy
>>
is it possible to choose 11x and guarantee to get picked as 11b, or I have to nut up and test faith?
>>
>>35040432
>>35040432
The worse that can happen is you end up being a mortarman which isn't bad. You even learn some trigonometry.
>>
>>35037252
You should sign your contract before swearing in.
>>
>>35040193
Is there a reason Tyndall isn't on there?
>>
>>35040604
it was made years ago and the website erased that section for whatever reason

offutt is the last addition iirc
>>
>>35040614
what website is it on?
>>
>>35040621
unocyclopedia
>>
On top of that, which branch has the best base locations?

Is it the Navy?
>>
>>35040699
Marines. Just don't get stationed at 29 Palms, it might be the worst duty station in any branch.
>>
>>35038113
Youll suck dick for good boy points.
>>
>>35040759
The beauty of Bragg Boulevard.
>>
>>35040709
that's what I hear. Isn't 29 palms mostly for 03xx?
>>
>if you're shorter than the person in front of you, move forward
>>
File: 1395017846876.jpg (58KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1395017846876.jpg
58KB, 530x530px
Do officers have the same job security that enlisted men have? I've heard that they can choose what they want to do, sort of like a wish list, but that the needs of their branch come before anything else.
>>
>>35041091
Your preferences are only taken into account if you are above average.
>>
How the fuck can I get to ride a dirt bike in the military, on a mission, for operational purposes?

God damn being a mounted operator sounds like some cool shit.
>>
>>35041190
ATV, sandrails, etc. are perfectly suitable too.

What MoS/rating w/e would be most likely to get to use off-road vehicles like these as part of their mission?
>>
>>35041190
you load it onto the supply truck, duh
>>
>>35041186
>tfw been average at everything my entire life
Maybe enlisted is better for me
>>
>>35041186
So basically
>You better be good or you're an Infantry officer

I take it the officer life is high risk/high reward?
>>
>>35041258
no, it's the other way around actually. You better be good or you WON'T be an infantry officer.
>>
>>35041265
What does an infantry officer do during peace time?
>>
>>35041281
try and keep his soldiers out of trouble
try to keep top from fucking his soldiers over with bullshit work details
occasionally go into the field and actually lead some drills
gets lost in the woods
gets assigned a different duty every 6 months or so (i.e. mess officer, HQ helper, stuff like that)
>>
Red pill me on getting to the end of the application process and deciding you want to change the job you applied for.

Will my recruiter tell everyone and make them hate me?
>>
>>35041369
I can almost guarantee that your recruiter will be pissed and that you will have to go to another one.

HOWEVER, if you go into your enlistment with a job that you don't feel passionate about because you don't want to disappoint your recruiter, then you are an idiot.

Tell him, drop him, move on.
>>
>>35041653
One do you mean I'll have to go to another recruiter?
>>
>>35041653
It seems to me that the process of recruting is two naked men wrestling in the mud to see whos gonna be the one fucked in the ass
>>
>>35041664
Well, your recruiter will probably think you're a shitbag. There's a chance that once you threaten to walk he'll play ball, but he also might not want anything to do with you.

Again: it is YOUR LIFE. 4 years is a long fucking time, and it's even longer if you get called back to active service. Don't be a retard and go into a field you don't feel passionate about just because your recruiter is pressuring you/you don't want to disappoint him. Your life is significantly more important than his quota.
>>
>>35041679
You never quite get the idea of how much pressure is on you until you step into that recruiter's office. I advise every single person who thinks about joining the military to first have the mental fortitude to say "no." If you allow them to walk all over you, they absolutely fucking will. There was a guy in a thread last week who posted about his recruiter tricking him into signing a "temporary" open contract to get into the DEP.
>>
>>35041684
no I feel bad now wtf
>>
>>35041693
he'll be mad cause you wasted a month or two of his time
if you sign when you don't really want to you're wasting 4 years of your life

it's not even a decision
>>
>>35041711
>he'll be mad cause you wasted a month or two of his time
Also keep in mind that this is his job and he's being paid to do it, so it's really not even that bad. Not saying recruiters have an easy job, but it's the one he CHOSE to do. The military didn't put a gun to his head and make him choose that B-Billet.
>>
>>35029785
Gm is more akin to armorer. Also they do big gun like 5 inch
>>
>>35041691
Going into the officer recruiter I never really felt too much pressure. The only thing I felt was "let's get you tested before we do any serious talking". He treated me pretty well and gave me,what I thought, a somewhat optimistic expectations of my chances. I didn't think I scored well but he thought I did fine.
>>
>>35041711
Here's what happened:
>applied for one thing but didn't pass entry exams
>do different exams and got offered a bunch of other jobs
>just wanted to enlist so bad I looked through all the jobs and chose one I thought looked good
>went on a visit and realised I didn't like it
>a month later after looking through it all again I have find the job I will enjoy and am qualified for
>decided to wait and see if I pass my medical next week before asking to switch

After my medical I have my fitness tests and I am in.

I really don't want to waste his time. Will I be made to re do any part of the application process?

Its the same branch, just a different job in that branch, and as far as I know there is no extra steps in the application process for it than I have already done.

Sometimes I worry too much about stuff, bare that in mind.
>>
>>35041744
My second recruiter was much better than my first. He texted me once or twice saying "Hey, how would you feel about leaving earlier under [this] MOS because we have an opening?" and when I told him no he was really good about it.
>>
>>35041691
>recruiter tricking him into signing a "temporary" open contract to get into the DEP
I heard that's common / the norm for marine recruits
>>
>>35041748
just talk to your recruiter and let him know how it went down. He will probably understand.
If he stops returning your phonecalls or whatever just go to a different recruiter
>>
>>35041748
Texr him or call him:
"Hey listen, I know I signed for X job but I've actually found one I'm much more passionate about. I apologize if I wasted your time, and if you would rather have me go to another recruiter then I would understand."
>>
>>35041782
My friend was an 03 and he never had to do that. He enlisted in 2013 so idk if they changed policy or what.
>>
>>35041237
You can be average and be an officer, just don't count on making it past Major.
>>
What if I applied to different branches at the same time? Would my recruiters be pissed when they found out?
>>
>>35041258
Infantry Officer is actually highly sought after because it's the "classic" Officer route. Remember, being infantry only sucks because of all the shitty grunt stuff you have to do. Officers don't have to do the shitty stuff, so they just get the good/fun parts of being infantry.
>>
>>35041831
So I can be Major Minor?
>>
File: captain america forever an O-3.png (231KB, 613x979px) Image search: [Google]
captain america forever an O-3.png
231KB, 613x979px
>60 years later, still an O-3

Why is he such a shit officer, /k/? What's he doing wrong? What's his OER look like? What advice would give old Steve, here?
>>
>>35041832
What "apply'?
If you go youll get in.
>>
>>35041896
Nevermind, don't be an officer.
>>
>>35041832
Its all on the same computer system so they will ask wtf r u doing
>>
File: sam.jpg (47KB, 897x617px) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
47KB, 897x617px
>>35028408
Can a leaf such as my self apply succesfully for an employment Visa through the miltiary?
>>
>>35041918
Steve, you gotta, you gotta Suck your superiors Balls.
>>
>>35030194
>>35036623

Coast Guard has a cyber division, the only prerequisite being that you go to the IT rating, so its a gamble beween setting up laptops or cyber war depending on what billets are open
>>
>>35041964
Why the hell would the Coast Guard need to do cyber warfare?
>>
>>35041972
Somali refugees armed with Javascript capabilities...
>>
>>35041972
probably drug related things
>>
Do active duty Marines secretly Envy the reservists?
>>
>>35041918
Disobeying the Secretary of Defense sounds like a pretty big career killer.
>>
>>35041994
Other way around. Active duty get a bigger crayon ration.
>>
>>35039633

coast guard has numerous "station vacations"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Coast_Guard_stations

there used to be some units that froze over in the winter, so the poeple literally just played vidya in a cozy small boat station
>>
>>35042019
I expected that because reservists deal with much less bullshit that they were the object of resentment.
>>
File: IMG_2009.jpg (267KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2009.jpg
267KB, 1280x960px
>>35041091

officers have much less job security than enlisted.

>enlisted fucks up, gets slap on the wrist and negative paperwork
>officer fucks up: LOSS OF CONFIDENCE, get bullshit job or discharge

>>35041091
>I've heard that they can choose what they want to do, sort of like a wish list,

branch and capabilities specific. depending on what your degree is in, they may force you to do a certain job or get out, but some branches want you to have a wide variety of jobs to have good leadership experience

>>35041208
SOF-D/ seals get jet skis, rangers may get cool vehicles

>>35041935
http://stories.avvo.com/rights/immigration/can-immigrants-serve-us-military-8-rules-non-citizen-service.html

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/eligibility-requirements/the-us-military-helps-naturlize-non-citizens.html

>>35041972

this >>35041990 also 'member how GPS hacking on ships is a thing
>>
Anyone get in with an RE3? Narrative is uncharacterized. Had a big family emergency during OSUT a few years ago and they said I could quit, so I did like the 18 year old bitch I was. I'm about to start the process with my recruiter. I'll probably be waiting a while cause AFAIK I need a waiver, right? Think our presidents orders to increase presence in Afghan will help my chances?
>>
File: CG CYBER.jpg (1MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CG CYBER.jpg
1MB, 1800x1200px
>>35041972
https://www.uscg.mil/SENIORLEADERSHIP/DOCS/cyber.pdf

COAST GUARD CYBER STRATEGY

>pic related became intel specialist and worked for CYBERCOM, and you can easily go from e4 to e6 in 2-3 years as intel
>>
>>35042149
What was the emergency.
>>
>>35042335
Death of close family member
>>
>>35042166
BLACKED
>>
>>35042343
They'll probably understand that then.
>>
File: air force hol up.jpg (50KB, 592x394px) Image search: [Google]
air force hol up.jpg
50KB, 592x394px
I've been told the enlisted corps is one giant episode of Jerry Springer, is this true? Is it just certain branches?
>>
>>35042452
it's every POG job. Go Infantry or something on the battlefield if you want to avoid fat black women.
>>
What job has the least amount of women, trans and autistic recruits?

Why are there so many autistic skinny guys in the air force btw?
>>
>>35042473
socom infantry
>>
File: 1404338065899.jpg (66KB, 538x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404338065899.jpg
66KB, 538x720px
If I just want to do one 4-year enlistment to earn some dosh for college, should I even bother trying to earn a commission?
>>
>>35042489
Why are there no women in spec ops?

This needs to change RIGHT NOW
>>
>>35042497
you can't get a commission without a degree
>>
File: Or Saudi Pedophiles.jpg (64KB, 382x497px) Image search: [Google]
Or Saudi Pedophiles.jpg
64KB, 382x497px
>>35028408
>>
>>35030559

USMC 2112
>>
>>35042504
Yeah, but I mean should I just enlist now or wait a few years when I get my degree and try a commission?
>>
>>35042518
if all you want to enlist for is college money it doesn't make any sense for you to try for a commission after school
>>
when i take leave can i leave the united states? I plan on going over the the uk and taking some girl to pound town for a few days after i get to my permanent duty station? say i be retarded and marry her while im there would i have to pay for her flight down or is that some sort of bah thing?
>>
>>35042558
I can see that. Another path I've considered is ROTC but once they've paid for your school then there is absolutely no changing your mind.
>>
>>35042569
Depends upon length. Longer leave = more freedom. Obviously if you have a 7-day leave you're going to be kept on a pretty tight leash, but if you're accumulated an entire month then I doubt your CO will deny you.
>>
>>35042498
Its the only non cucked part of the military
>>
>>35042592

thanks for the answer boss man
>>
>>35042584
That isn't true. You can back out, but you have to pay them the money back.
>>
almost done 2 years of service, about to get deployed in estonia

thinking of becoming a sniper, any of you guys know anything about snipers in your country?
>>
>>35042569
Why would housing allowance pay to fly your new waifu from the UK?

No, you would have to pay for the ticket yourself.
>>
>>35042738
not estionia that is, in general in your own country

how is the training etc?
>>
Am I going to fail my medical?
I am missing two teeth. They just never grew.

I need implants but they cost 5 grand so I need a job to afford them.
>>
>>35042759
no, only sof needs perfect teeth
>>
>>35042764
Epic :)
>>
>>35042772
i realised it could sound like a meme when i hit the post button, but its true
>>
>>35042775
I just realisd SOF is American

I am British, hence my fucked up teeth, is it any different?
>>
>>35029359
yes
>>
What is an armourer like?
>>
>>35042775
Why do they need perfect teeth?
>>
>>35032291

Depends on what you have/need. I ended up needing a waiver for eyesight and got it with no problem.
>>
>>35042809
its like an extreme what if requirement

somethign to do with a possible survival situation you should be able to chew stuff
>>
>>35042803
gay as fuck
>>
>>35042841
will suit me well
>>
>>35042853
might as well get a similar civilian job, its pays better with the same tasks
>>
>>35042863
what job would that be?
>>
>>35042868
gunsmith or regular smith
>>
>>35042868
Eating dick while in a tank
>>
>>35042923
Those aren't really accessible jobs in the UK
>>
>>35042569
>say i be retarded

I don't think we have to pretend you dumb boot.
>>
>>35042991
right in my feels man
>>
I marked yes on having Acne, I took accutane in High School. I still have a small breakout on my chest. Am I fucked or is it waiverable?
>>
>>35043113
i really cant see why this would be a problem?
>>
After I get done with training and start my MOS, are there ranges I can practice shooting stuff even if I'm not frontlines?
>>
>>35043207
what are you
>>
>>35043113
The suicidal depression isn't a guaranteed effect, they'd only know if you checked yourself in somewhere for suicide or depression.
>>
>>35043113

Me too, accutane bro
>>
Everyone is the Air force seem like such massive fucking SPERGS

I've MADE A MISTAKE
>>
>>35043403
Any examples of airmen being spergs?
>>
>>35043555
They're all skinny dudes with shit posture, glasses, greasy oily skin, buck teeth and nerdy autismo hobbies
>>
>>35043575
Air Force is the sperg containment branch. I thought everyone knew this. They wear polos for fuck's sake.
>>
>>35043630
>>35043575
Jesus, that sounds fun.

Imo they nerf to buff marines and nerf other stuff. If your mos is useless in tbe real world, your gi bill should be stronger than other mos.
>>
Im not sure I want to try for sof

Its thr inly mos where you have career dickwavung immunity. Some jewish harvard first world bitch with millions in inheritance could try to come up to you and say "look, I think my opinion matters more than you." And then you could say "I work for SOCOM, please don't touch me peasant."

But theres no wars, and im told infantry rank ups and life in general are trash, so i must pog it up and live as a cuck.
>>
>>35043732

What the fuck?
>>
>>35043732
Just become a marine and let everyone know that your pretty much special ops
>>
>>35042759

I didn't get a dental retainer after having braces on my teeth when young, and now have an underbite. Had to do 3 visits to a dentist to get photos and a waiver for my med clearance.
Dentist had no idea why, I had no idea why, we could only guess it was to ensure oxygen mask use as my position needs some piloting/aircrew clearances.
Position is surveillance aircraft operator/army
>>
>>35043732

>Telling spergy randos what you do for a living.

That's pretty much the opposite of being a silent professional. Have fun defining your self worth by the opinions of people who don't matter.
>>
>>35043857
Well if you wanna go to fetish munches, you have to buddy up with the hosts. If they know ur spec ops and some salty bitch lies about you sexually harassing her as extortion, hell tell her iff.
>>
>>35032156
Bump for this
>>
File: 1497580110518.png (175KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
1497580110518.png
175KB, 500x497px
>>35043732
>>35043892
>>
>>35043972

It's either a pretty good troll or this guy is on some next level shit.

7/10
>>
>>35035895
reeeeeee they had already given me a shore option then they ordmod'd me
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
What is basic like for Battlefield Airmen? I hear that they have a separate program for it now starting in week two where you have to do extra shit.
>>
>>35044194

Do you like more PT? It's just more PT at every phase of training.
>>
>>35044283

...kinda. I've recently lost a bit of weight and I'm reveling in it.
>>
What job in any branch let me fly in helicopters
>>
File: IMG_1563.jpg (126KB, 1080x812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1563.jpg
126KB, 1080x812px
Any enlisted airmen here? How was your job pick, did you get what you wanted? I need 9 and I can barely get 5. I'm getting pressure from my recruiter to go to MEPS and swear in already but the uncertainty is hard to swallow.
>>
File: received_1379346585482853.jpg (88KB, 799x1194px) Image search: [Google]
received_1379346585482853.jpg
88KB, 799x1194px
How can I ensure that I am the best possible officer that I can be?
>>
How can I ensure that I am the best possible DivO that I can be?
>>
>>35043803
So you look like a bull dog? Join the marines you can be there mascot
>>
>>35044777
Army, WOFT. You don't even need a degree and right now the Army is short about 500 pilots so they're accepting a lot of people.
>>
Any proven advice for rapidly improving pushup performance? I'm looking into enlisting in January, unsure which branch, but I don't meet the upper body requirement for any of them. Not even close.

I've tried Google and Reddit and have found numerous contradictory plans (currently doing a set every hour every day) but I can only do 13 before my arms can't push anymore. Advice for someone who wants to go from couch potato to passing basic standards in 16 weeks or so?
>>
>>35028408
NEW

>>35045666
>>35045666
>>35045666
>>35045666
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.