[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My current boots are beat to fuck, and I need a new pair. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: boots.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
boots.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My current boots are beat to fuck, and I need a new pair.

What does /k/ recommend?

Where are some good places to pick them up? I want to try them on before I buy.
>>
>>34924092
You should have gone to Gander Mountain during the going out of business sale. Friend picked up a pair of Red Wings for $37.
>>
i swear by redbacks. but ive only seen them sold online.
>>
>>34924092
did you actually wear those? like out in public and not just innawoods?
>>
>>34924124
Not too concerned with price, more concerned with getting a quality/comfy pair.

Anything < $500 is fair game
>>
>>34924092
All I ever wear are docs
>skinhead boots
Yeah but they've lasted me years with still no issue so fuck it.
>>
>>34924146
work boots, they were comfy as fuck
>>
>>34924160
is youre mother your sister and did you unironically use the term obongo?
>>
>>34924175
way off
>>
File: fuckingawhitemale.jpg (84KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingawhitemale.jpg
84KB, 500x353px
>>34924184
whatever you say bubba
>>
File: 5910-6009.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
5910-6009.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>>34924092
Vietnam Jungle Boots
>>
>>34924155
More like tumblr boots.
>>
>>>/out/
Not even trying to be a dick. They will give you better advice than /k/. Personally I prefer a trail shoe style for outdoors use, like the Columbia Waterproof Redmond Trail Shoe. Just wear some gaiters in tick season so they don't get at your feet.
>>
>>34924092

that's not even beat to fuck they still have the finish

clean them up and keep wearing them
>>
>>34924092
Danner
>>
File: belleville-620-p_01.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
belleville-620-p_01.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
Belleville One Xero 620

They last about 1.5 years logging and clearing brush for 20 hours a week in the south Louisiana marshlands. The toes are stitched so they don't come apart.

I'm on my second pair and think they are great, but I'm looking into the Rocky S2V jungle boots as a backup.
>>
>>34924092
I bought that exact pair for work!
>>
>>34924092
Nyet. Boots are fine. Clean and maintain just as you would a gun. /out/ would probably give better advice, but for what it's worth, I work on my feet and walk all over Hell and creation to get around, and my Doc Martens have been serving me for over a year. They're still in excellent condition, barring all the creasing from bending as I walk and a few scratches from having shit dropped on them, and they're quite comfy, not to mention they look good if you keep them clean. I hear Red Wings are a similar quality.
>>
>>34924155
>>34925103
Both, really, although there's more Tumblr in the world overall these days. It's a shame to see skinhead culture dying. It wasn't always about muh white race and da joos, you know. It used to be about working class pride- taking pride in having a job and being a functional member of society, taking pride in doing actual fucking work for a living and in being a sensible individual. It was sort of a counter-counterculture to hippies.
>>
>>34925507
Can't really tell from the pictures, but the soles are pretty worn. I've had them for about 5 years, and they're no where near as comfy as they used to be. The finish on the outside, as well as the boots in general did hold up really well though.

I usually like to rotate out shoes, I'd use my current pair in situations where I don't want to fuck up the new pair, until the old pair is too worn.
>>
>>34925551
Skinhead culture has the ugliest aesthetic.
>>
File: 1502647734034.jpg (571KB, 789x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502647734034.jpg
571KB, 789x1024px
>>34924092
Does anyone know where you can get fuckheug wide boots? Quad E (apparently that's how they guage them? by EE and EEEE for wideness?) are still too skinny for my feet. Used to just buy skateboard shoes, but the style has shifted to high tops and shit.

I'm a 12 wide-as-fuck, but usually have to get 13 wide. Got some Caterpillar shoe-boots, but already are coming apart at the toe-joint seams.
>>
>>34925325
Water proof?
>>
>>34926859
Bill?
>>
>>34927080
nah nigga, it's Sean
>>
>>34925507
Have red wings myself. Two years going strong. Haven't resoled yet but getting there probably next year. Oil and cleaning will make shit last. Leather glue for any small cuts. You wouldnt do stupid shit with your guns so don't do it with your shoes and they'll last.
>>
>>34927346
>You wouldnt do stupid shit with your guns...
You are aware you're browsing /k/ right?

(proceeds to apply "personal lubricant" to gun barrel)
>>
>>34924092
Belleville, Danner, Corcorans, Bates, 5.11 and Red Wings are all pretty good. I picked up a pair of Danner Tachyons and they're pretty nice. $100 and although they feel cheap, they're some of the best boots I've bought.
>>
File: 185.png (41KB, 185x104px) Image search: [Google]
185.png
41KB, 185x104px
>>3492>>34926859
Do you have club foot our are you just a fat bastard m8?

p.s post body pics so /k can evaluate
>>
>>34924092
>beat to fuck

It doesn't look like those boots have ever seen a single day of hard work. You got at least another year left in those
>>
>>34924092
>beat to shit
>barely broken in
The sole hasn't even started to separate. How much walking to you actually do in a day, good god.
>>
Salomon Speed Assault. They're like 300g boots. They feel like nothing. Trueshit
>>
>>34926240
honestly man, you got choices. If comfort be your game, start buying new new generation of 130-180 dollar military "sneaker" shoes. Had several pairs of bellville side zips that I beat the fuck out of in Afghanistan then again in the Mojave on long hikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzEvZu7zSVs

comfy as fuck. Not my video, but there are newer style boots like Khybers, etc. They are built to last a deployment and some change. So expect like...8-18 month life cycle. The sole degrades first, and sometimes a zipper break. Never had stitches fail on me, or the actual leather.

WITH ALL THAT SAID...I think you should delace the boots, take out anything inside them, and take them to a cobbler, or find an online cobbler.

Destiched from bottom, new soles, insoles, new internal cushioning around the ankle and tarsals, get a new leather cap over those toes, or truck bed liner if you are cheap...shit. Shoe is salvagable for probably around 100 bucks, and the super structure of it looks good.
>>
File: boots-2.jpg (618KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
boots-2.jpg
618KB, 1632x1224px
>>34927858
The heal is what's fucked up, so they're far less comfortable than I'd prefer (even through wool socks). The outside finish held up really well considering I've had them for about 5 years.

>>34927889
>How much walking to you actually do in a day, good god.
Over 5 miles, but I normally wear other shoes.
>>
>>34928036
Just get some inserts.
>>
>>34924092
Try polishing them dumbass, there'll be good as new.
>>
>>34927060
Jungle boots are specifically designed to not be waterproof, they are designed to drain water from the inside so they will dry out quickly. That's what the holes on the sides are for. Wearing waterproof boots in the jungle is basically asking for foot rot. If you spend any time in the jungle you will know that there is no practical way to keep water out of your boots.
>>
>>34928536
Why not wear something like fishing boots?

Obviously you'd have to modify the ankle support, so they're more suited for walking distance.

Having a fair amount of commercial fishing experience I've never had issues with water getting in my boots, despite literally working in a several inch pool of water (plus the occasional wave over the side). Admittedly slickers, and wool socks also go a long way toward keeping your feet dry, when wearing waterproof boots.
>>
>>34924092
I've gone through many pairs of boots (it's almost exclusively the type of shoe I wear) and the brand that's produced the best pair I've ever owned is Belleville. I have maybe 6 pairs of boots and they've mostly all had various issues except for my Belleville pair that I've worn for about 5 years now. (I did have some of the leather on the top of one boot stitched over with additional leather and had the two soles redone after a few years, however, but I just view this as preventative maintenance.) Any boot will eventually give out, but there's plenty of stuff you can use to preserve the material (mink oil, leather conditioner, regular polishing, etc.). In my experience solid leather boots tend to last longer than boots that are a mixture of leather + synthetic material (they tend to develop tips at the junction of the two materials.) Also avoid boots with zippers of any kind as they'll bust before the rest of the boot does.
>>
>>34928642
*develop rips at the junction. Shoes with leather + goretex or synthetic material are shit and always give out at the synthetic seams first. In OP's pic they'd prly start tearing right above the heels.
>>
>>34924092
I don't wear anything with a high ankle. It's like wearing a back brace 24/7. You just end up with muscular weaknesses.
>>
>>34925092
Good boots if your lucky and your feet don't get fucked by them. But for hiking with a lot of weight in cold weather there are better boots.
Like current issue boots or old WW boots depends on your feet.
I prefer Garmont T8s to my issue boots, not that my issue boots are bad, but the T8s are better for my particular foot.
>>
>>34924147
Couldn't you get custom boots for $500?
>>
Buy these https://www.courteneyboot.com/product-category/mens-range/mens_safari_boots/
Best hunting shoes you will ever buy I. South African terrain is very rough and it's very silent.
>>
>>34926859
What is your fucking deal? Post pictures of your feet with a known object for size reference.
>>
File: superfunrite.gif (68KB, 200x143px) Image search: [Google]
superfunrite.gif
68KB, 200x143px
>>34928860
>>
>>34925092
Have fun with dead toes from your shit boots
>>
>>34926859
4E width is just extra-wide most shoe companies make them, just look on the factory websites. because retailers usually don buy a lot cause they dont sell as much. i used to work for a sporting goods store and sold quite a few 4E boots
>>
>>34924146
whats wrong with those boots?
You sound like a /fa/ggot.
>>
File: 1645095-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1645095-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
Palladium Pampa, really comfortable
>>
File: 616-00118-2.jpg (92KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
616-00118-2.jpg
92KB, 500x500px
Lowa Zephyr
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (65KB, 900x718px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
65KB, 900x718px
Red Wing Iron Ranger
>>
>>34928599
Xtra-Tuff literal master race
>>
>>34924092

Merrill MOAB

Merill has stores to try them on.
>>
>>34928599
They would probably be ok short term and if you didn't have to walk far. Humping a heavy ruck plus weapons means your feet are also going to sweat a lot, bad deal in rubber boots that don't breath. The simple fact is your feet are going to get wet in the jungle, so jungle boots are designed to accommodate this.
>>
>>34934180
That's a huge problem when fishing too, I can't overstate the importance of wool socks, though they may be a bit toasty for the jungle.
>>
>>34924092
Them raiders ?
>>
>>34925112
This. OP has had those boots for like 2 months and just hasn't taken care of them.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.