[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hive mind militaries are good/bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1476514427744.jpg (2MB, 3051x1822px) Image search: [Google]
1476514427744.jpg
2MB, 3051x1822px
This deserves its own thread.
Context: >>34727694
>>
I still say condition the entire enemy force into breaking/suicide
>>
>>34733916
>your entire army has the shared memories of thousands of excruciating deaths from one battle
>>
>>34733937
This post is pretty damn good. A fair number of the better animes that concern themselves with environments of any kind attrition, take the psychological aspect into play
>meanwhile Stargate Atlantis' wraith were built on being more brutal than anyone else
>>
>>34733937
Genuine question. How does the whole collective memory deal work? If you continuously clone a person, how does each consecutive clone get the memories of the last one and so on? Do they transplant parts of the brain from the last dead clone or what? Can't wrap my mind around it.
>>
>>34733980
>how does magic work
magnets
>>
>>34734015
>Magic
Oh, I figured it was something scientifically related.
>>
>>34734015
>magic
>"They are later sent to a Testament machine, where information and emotions are installed into their brains."
>information installed into their brains
science
>>
>>34733980
The more "realistic" approach is a sync at various intervals (depending on the universe, something like every couple of minutes for stargate replicators and having to upload yourself for Nier automata), this means you might lose out on some data but won't get flooded with deaths.
>>
>>34733916
if you all think the same, you are are more easily manipulated and surprised by individuals that take initiative against what you assume would be the whole's best interest
>>
>>34733916
An IRL hive mind covers several rather different forms of mind.

A high-lag swarm, like ants, handle communications indirectly, by altering the environment to produce emergent behavior. But each individual mind makes its own decisions - essential its a free market meme.

A low-lag one OTOH is a single consciousness [if it has consciousness], like the human brain. Homo sapiens split into multiple personalities when lag gets too bad, but as long as its low enough (and with radio and laser comms it could span a continent) sub-personalities simply disappear into a single mind.
>>
>>34734507
I see, neat, thanks.
>>
>>34733980
Could be a collective consciousness, but that thread starts going over to /x/
>>
>>34734029
>Pre-renaissance science being less scientific because...
Just thought I'd leave this here.
>>
>>34733916
Would a hive mind care that what it considers one of its skin cells got tortured? Probably not.
>>
>>34734233
you just get a memory copier and telepathic uplink from a Radio Shack, slap on some encryption and there, science
>>
File: 1490801165071.jpg (13KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
1490801165071.jpg
13KB, 264x191px
>>34733916
you gonna fuck that sheep?
>>
>>34733937
I wonder if this will be overall a bad thing though. If you've experienced death 1000 times, will you be scared of it?

And given its a hive mind, is there even an individual to experience pain? Wouldn't it be diluted by the 1000 other member bodies that the hive mind is experiencing simultaneously?
>>
>>34733916
Biological or artificial/synthetic? Mass Effect and Star Trek kind of went into detail about synthetic hive minds and how they might work. Pretty fascinating.
>>
>>34739484
>Mass Effect and Star Trek kind of went into detail about synthetic hive minds and how they might work.
Go on.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.