[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 41

File: Minuteman Statue.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Minuteman Statue.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
National Guard Edition

>Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

>http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
Is it really that difficult to go active from the reserves?
>>
>>34719791
>3 6:30 miles is normal varsity for a 5k.
Dude, what the fuck kind of molasses were you guys running in? My junior year of high school I got 8th in district in the JV race with a 17:03.
>>
>>34722379

They were middle of the pack and content to stay there.
>>
>>34722400
I don't see how a 20:00 5k is a normal varsity time. The top 5 runners on our girls varsity team were unironically faster than that.
>A varsity track athlete could probably do a 9 minute 1.5 mile, but you would have to be lean
I'm not even trying to be an asshole, but what the fuck? They could probably run a 9 minute 1.5 mile? There wasn't a single year I was in high school where the state champion in the 2 mile didn't break 9 minutes. One of my teammates ran 8:57 and 4:07 in the two mile and mile at state one year. What state were you running in where those times were average?
>>
>>34722419

Don't get me wrong, I broke 20 comfortably as a JV in 9th grade, but there were always those guys on the team who could barely hang. Also >>34722400 was my first reply, I'm not the guy you've been talking to.
>>
>>34722440
>Also >>34722400 was my first reply, I'm not the guy you've been talking to.
Fair enough. The original guy I was replying to must not actually be a runner then. 9 minutes for 1.5 mile is extraordinarily achievable for the average schmuck. I can't even think of a situation where a varsity runner would only "probably" run that time, unless he was in some profoundly slow area of the country.
>>
>>34722481

>profoundly slow area of the country

Man, in any other area we would have been the top team easily, we were head and shoulders above the schools from outside of our area, but our immediate rivals were right there with us. Then we all went to the local college together to their program and it was good. I didn't stick with it though.
>>
>>34722508
Fuck man, I know that feeling. I don't know what the scoring is like in other states, but in Texas the top 3 teams from each regional meet move on to the State meet. My Senior year we got fourth, but our times would've made us win any other region, which was especially impressive because we ran in Lubbock, which is notoriously slow because of the altitude and all of the hills.

That's in the past now though. Now. I'm just trying to start running again so I'm not the fat, dumbass who comes into basic training completely out of shape.
>>
>>34722536

I know that feel as well. NorthWest Arkansas goes hard man. Now I'm getting back in shape for boot, and I'm constantly thinking to myself "how the fuck did I let myself get this badly out of condition?"
>>
>>34720766
Depends on branch. Marines? Hell no.

Keep in mind that Reservists are very much an "Old Boys Club" of dudes who have already done their 4 years active and wanted to keep doing the military thing while making some money on the side. If you're going straight to Reserves then you will not fit in at all.
>>
Does anyone have any information on Army SRT, or know if it's still a thing I can look forward to if I go in as MP?
>>
Is there anyone here currently using the post 9/11 GI Bill?
>>
>>34722379
Your school is a massive outlier, probably in size. 17m for jv is not even remotly normal.
>>
What are some foreign militaries I can join as an American? I have nothing left in this country and I need to get out.
>>
>>34722991
>falling for the grass is greener meme
>>
>>34722991
PMCs if you're Tier 1.
>>
>>34723004
believe me lad I know it isn't. I've just continually fucked up so many times that I'd rather abandon this shit than try and fix it.
>>
File: d8BSaP4_d.jpg (15KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
d8BSaP4_d.jpg
15KB, 640x360px
Are there any prior enlisted officers here? I was wondering if the switch is worth it. I was an 11B, and I just got out to go to school. I'm going to study nursing because it's a seemingly stable career field, but I figured I could always attempt OCS if I get bored with life after I get my degree. Any thoughts on this?
>>
>>34722991
You can join the Russian Army if you have a good command of the language, as far as I know. If you have any skills that the Australian Army is looking for, they'll pick you up. They'll even buy out your contract if you're still in. You'd have to check their website to see what positions and skills they're looking for. You would also have to renounce your US citizenship in both cases.

Or, you could always try the French Foreign Legion if you're a masochist.
>>
I hear delta mostly recruits out of the rangers. Thats GAY.
>>
>>34723046
>>34722991
You are going to be the same fuck up if you leave, just in a poorer country.
>>
File: 1500576542255.png (280KB, 646x595px) Image search: [Google]
1500576542255.png
280KB, 646x595px
>>34720401
Hey guys, I have been talking to a marine recruiter and am considering going in active duty. When I was younger there was a concern that I may have OCD but I have never been on any meds and have never had to see any psych doctors about it (I do not think I was even formally diagnosed with it I think it was just a concern that was brought up ). Could this keep me from going in? I am afraid to ask the recruiter about it. I feel completely fine now that I exercise allot and all OCD tendencies have gone away.
>>
>>34723546
Dont say anything
>>
>>34723546
>may have OCD but I have never been on any meds and have never had to see any psych doctors about it
then you don't have it, and it isn't worth mentioning
>>
File: 1500577755077.png (45KB, 1314x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1500577755077.png
45KB, 1314x1054px
>>34723559
Okay, if I say nothing will they not find out? Only my doctor knows about it and it has not been a concern for a while. In face last year I specifically told him that I felt great and that I had no ill feelings. Can the military look through my medical records if I enlist?
>>
>>34720401
>enrolling in caf reserves tomorrow
thanks for the fitness pages
anyone know how to get higher-rep pushups as a 6'4 dude though? doing 120 pushups a day (in sets) but always gets rough around 35
>>
>>34723572
>Can the military look through my medical records if I enlist?
no, doctor patient confidentiality still exist and you go to MEPS to build a medical profile.

The gov just can't pluck your records out the air, and that's to even say they exist
>>
File: 1500332561742.jpg (2MB, 4268x3100px) Image search: [Google]
1500332561742.jpg
2MB, 4268x3100px
>>34723574
Follow the pushup program, and have the running one for free.

>>34723546
>>34723572
keep your little whore mouth shut
>>
File: 1499272269459.gif (111KB, 1027x731px) Image search: [Google]
1499272269459.gif
111KB, 1027x731px
>>34723601
Thanks guys you helped allot. one last question, have any of you done collage classes while enlisted? And if so how much of a pain was it? Where you able to handle one or two classes at a time?
>>
>>34723646
It all depends on your job and how your command sees it. If you're infantry with some roided goon in charge, it's highly unlikely. If you have a more technical job in an office with downtime and officers who value education, it's a possibility. Overall it would be difficult to do in the Marines unless you take a relatively easy online class that you work on at night.
I've never been .mil though so don't listen to me. Hopefully a muhreen can tell you how it works
>>
>>34723645
thanks bud, was using that but was unsure of whether or not there were more resources. good to know that has value
>>
>>34723646
>have any of you done collage classes while enlisted
depends on your career, but if your concerned with school consider joining the national guard most states have great benefits
>>
File: 1498671557513.png (17KB, 212x200px) Image search: [Google]
1498671557513.png
17KB, 212x200px
>>34723831
I am planning on getting into law enforcement as a career (specifically I want in on federal law enforcement). From what I heard military experience specifically in military police can open allot of doors for me if I want in on an alphabet agency. Would it be smart to do a class or two at a time while enlisted? especially If I already have ~15 credits?
>>
>>34723866
It's always smart to do more classes also most federal agencies require a bachelors degree
>>
>>34723829
Nah the theory is a basic linear progression. It should work fine, although you maye have to repeat a few of the later weeks before progressing assuming you aren't 300lbs.
>>
File: 1487303028824.jpg (149KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487303028824.jpg
149KB, 400x800px
>>34723904
So like If I completed this upcoming semester, got my ~15 credits, and then enlisted and did one or two classes a semester while enlisted it is possible? I can always complete whatever I needed after I get out and then I would have both law enforcement experience and a degree under my belt. Anyone here know if the work load as an MP or Military corrections officer is enough that you would not be able to do one or two classes while doing it?
>>
>>34723962
>So like If I completed this upcoming semester, got my ~15 credits, and then enlisted and did one or two classes a semester while enlisted it is possible?
online courses make everything possible, plus there are campus' on base
>>
File: cg.png (450KB, 786x623px) Image search: [Google]
cg.png
450KB, 786x623px
>>34723866
Coast Guard does law enforcement
>>
>>34723866
Don't go MP for anything. If you can't go CID, which is a HUGE boost for alphabet angency enforcement, go Coast Guard. If you get a small boat, every single position does law enforcement. Even if you get a cutter, non rates to mechanics still do law enforcement.
Coast guard does actual law enforcement too. not the MPs grabbing an E-3 for going 1 mile over the speed limit once a month.
>>
>>34720401
this should be added to the OP somewhere next thread.
You should know:
the National Guard has something called RSP (recruit sustainment program) to help guard recruits get ready for basic. Its essentially basic, with drill sergeants and everything, for your one weekend a month before you go to drill
>so what? only fags go guard
Yes, but you can visit the RSP for a weekend and be treated as a recruit. Drill sergeants will come and yell at you, you have to march and do PT, call cadence, ect ect. IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT MILITARY BUT ARE UNSURE IF IT'S FOR YOU, TRY THIS. Go to your nearest guard recruiter and tell him you want to attend next months RSP.
>>
>>34720401

Do HUMINT series officers get to conduct interviews or interrogations?

Or is that more along the lines of enlisted duties?
>>
>>34724597
I still want the opportunity to deploy so coastguard does not sound appealing to me. CID sounds interesting but I am not sure. Any other jobs that could help?
>>
>>34724939
Coast Guard deploys to train smaller navies (iraq, phillipines, liberia etc)
They also deploy to Africa and the middle east for maritime safety (anti piracy)

CID (or another branches equivalent) is the single best option for enlisted to get into federal law enforcement.
>>
>>34722979
Yes, my region was an outlier in general. The Dallas/Fort Worth area is notorious for being an athletic powerhouse. However, 6:30 pace being normal for Varsity is profoundly slow, and is an outlier too. The absolute slowest races I've ever seen still had the average Varsity guy running in the low 18's, which is sub 6 pace.
>>
>>34724597
>>34724939
>>34725087
I'm shipping in September on a CID select contract. We enlist was MPs and are slotted for CIDSAC after OSUT.
>>
>>34725343
as MPs*
>>
>>34722991
You don't. Every idiot I've seen talk about entering the FFL/Russian army as an American pussied out before they bought the plane ticket. Do you seriously think you can handle living in a foreign country, renouncing your citizenship and protections of the USA, not knowing the language, and also being trained in a foreign military, serving alongside their dredges of society?

>I've just fucked up so many times
That just sounds like depression. Joining a foreign military is not fucking worth it. Seriously.
>>
Considering enlisting in the ANG to be a TACP. Does anybody know why the attrition rate at the TACP schoolhouse is apparently 50%-60%? Is it just attributed to out of shape Chair Force guys getting in over their heads or what? I consider myself to be in okay shape (8 pullups, 55 pushups, 70 situps, 9:45 1.5 mile run approx.), but would have a few more months to work on my PT. From what I've read, I should be fine as long as I clearly want to be there and can push myself, no?
>>
>>34725582
I plan on enlisting in TACP too and from everything I've seen it seems that the PT gets people the most. But there are other factors

https://ls1tech.com/forums/military-hotrod-club/1188595-air-force-tacp-faq.html
>>
I've been thinking about becoming an MP for either the US or the UK (I'm a duel citizen, live in america.)
Advice?
>>
>>34725612
Great, thanks for the link.
>>
>>34725649
apparently a lot guys got kicked out for drinking and rape
>>
>>34725636
Pick one, because you'll have to renounce your citizenship to join either. First you should talk to a recruiter for the branch you want to join and have a serious conversation with him/her about your qualifications and if you're even eligible to join.
>>
Without memes, what are some legitimate reasons why you shouldn't become an MP?
>>
>>34725636
>>34725738
The reasons given aren't memes. You will seriously stand at a gate and check IDs all day. That's your life.
>>
>>34725738
most people hate being an MP because they had delusions of grandeur before entering, once they finished basic and AIT, the reality of how mundane the job can be hits them like a ton of bricks
>>
Can I do high speed stuff as a forward observer?
>>
>>34725773
depends on your branch of service if Army then yes
>>
>>34725738
Checking ID all day and pulling over people for driving 3 miles over the base speed limit isn't a meme, it's the reality of being an MP.
Civilian police departments don't give a shit if you were an MP or a tank crewman, because MP learn a completely different skill set than LEO
Federal police departments won't give a shit if you were an MP unless you went CID/NCIS/whatever the other branches are
>>
>>34725758
Only if you go SOF
Otherwise you will clean around base all day with everybody else
>>
Since the Marine Corps is a department of the Navy, does my MEPS profile and other documentation like ASVAB scores carry over? Meaning if one tried to screw me at the last minute or if some big new development came up, would I be able to go to another of the two branches without much hassle?
>>
Give me the tl;dr on 0311 vs Recon. Leaning towards recon, just want other opinions.

Also, at what point should I go to the recruiter because right now I'm no where near the shape I need to be in. No where near the running requirements and I've never been able to do pull ups. I've been working out and getting ready, but when should I head over for delayed enlistment shit?
>>
>>34726266
>Give me the tl;dr on 0311 vs Recon. Leaning towards recon, just want other opinions.
You say that like its one or the other or they are even worthy of comparison. that's like saying 11b vs rangers or something.

Be ready before you go to a recruiter. They don't want to deal with fatasses.
>>
>>34726266
0311 is a construction worker, Recon is a carpenter or other specialized professional. Most recruiters will need you to do at least 1 pull-up to qualify as a poolee, since pull-ups are the hardest of the 3 PFT exercises.
>>
>>34726346
I know about recruiters, just currious if anyone had a specific "goal" set for when it's okay to finally show up there.

and this was the kind of what I mean by 0311 vs recon>>34726360

>>34726360
Thanks pal. Gives me short term goal.
>>
>>34726374
If you have any brain you know recon in the marines is no joke plus I don't think you can go straight into it. Don't you have to be in for a few and establish a good rep then try out? Either way the better shape youre in the better youll be over all. Running is key. You honestly should be running a 6min mile to avoid any problems and have an easier time in general.
>>
>>34726415
you forgot the fuck load of swimming they do
>>
>>34726415
I haven't heard anything about having to be in for a few, but I did hear a story about a guy that went in 0311 and at SOI there was openings or something I guess and asked if anyone wanted to try and he ended up making it.
>>
>>34726415
Not him, but MARSOC requires one full enlistment period. I think you have the option to try Recon out of the gate but your recruiter has to okay you for it.
>>
>>34726435
Nigger I wasn't saying just that. I'm saying from a running only POV. Obviously you should eb shooting for 75+ pushups and situps and 15ish dips and 10+pullups I would say minimum.

>>34726456
Well look why go marines at all. If youre jo cool guy just go army and get either a ranger contract or special forces contract.

>>34726457
Interesting. The marsoc part makes sense cause you already have to be in. We just need to figure out if you can get recon out of the box or not. If you could wouldn't there be far more talk about it here and lots of marine grunts gunning for it?
>>
>>34723601
could MEPS find out if i've actually been diagnosed with anything? i was diagnosed with ADHD in middle school and i did take medication for it. I haven't told my recruiters anything about it though.
>>
>>34726486
>could MEPS find out if i've actually been diagnosed with anything?
No, the only way they would know is if you told them. I know they say at meps "WE WILL FIND OUT" but that isn't true its to scare you into disclosing your medical history, which they can't find.
>>
File: wat.jpg (40KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
40KB, 500x282px
>>34726480
because muhreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeens breh
>>
>>34726529
That's what i thought. I was trying to figure out how exactly they could even find out about my medical history when my recruiter tried to intimidate me earlier. thanks man.
>>
>>34726529
what about having been to a shrink? Went to one when I was about 11
>>
Regarding the MEPS disclosure stuff, what about broken bones? I broke my wrist like 5 years ago and it looks very slightly different than my other wrist. If I fail to disclose this and they notice the difference during the physical am I fucked?
>>
>>34726553
>what about having been to a shrink? Went to one when I was about 11
there's no way they can find that out, also meps pretty much blows any small problem into thinking that it may be a severe condition.

But no the only they find out is by you telling them
>>
>>34726553
not him but id like to know as well. Ive gone to a shrink several times.
>>
>>34726582
do you have impaired functionality in that wrist?
>>
Should I go Army Rangers or Muhreens
>>
>>34726606
Honestly no. I lift 5-6 times a week and while it is sort of weaker I wouldn't say I'm impaired in anyway. It does have this weird feeling when I kinda shake it where I can feel the bones or tendons moving idk. I don't get pain or stiffness, but I definitely feels different than my unbroken wrist.
>>
>>34726583
what happens if they do end up finding out tho? Couldn't it fuck you? I'd rather have to do extra paper work and wait a bit then get shafted and not be allowed in because I lied by omission or get kicked out for the same
>>
>>34726626
I'd keep quiet about it. Im assuming the doctor won't notice the external differences if they're very slight.
>>
>>34726638
>what happens if they do end up finding out tho?
if it happened at 11 years old, just say you don't remember
>>
>>34726583
my adhd and stuff is actually tied to my high school/ college records slightly (I got a bit of extra time on some standardized testing because of it). could MEPS find this and realize I have adhd?
>>
>>34726698
the only high school records they want to see are your diploma if you have one.

Also you need to think of how expensive it could if meps was just calling schools and wasting money and energy
>>
>>34726689
I had gone to two different ones multiple times from 9-12ish. It'd be really hard to claim that.
>>
>>34726740
Right. Thanks for making me feel better about this.
>>
>>34726752
>It'd be really hard to claim that.
you need to remember, that they need to prove that you somehow know about it, which is extremely hard to do
>>
>>34726621
Dude for fuck sake Marines are nowhere near as advanced as Rangers. However, their equivalent would be Recon Marines so there's that if you're interested in going above and beyond.
>>
>>34720401
How physically challenging is infantry OSUT? Do guys get dropped often or does pretty much everyone who puts in effort make it?
>>
>>34727094
Yes.
>>
>>34727094
it's ez. You won't drop unless you're hilariously out of shape or you want to.
>>
>>34727728
Have you done Airborne school? Is that hard?
>>
>>34728027
It's not hard. If you passed OSUT it's zero problem, just don't get drunk and miss formation or such.
>>
If I lied about some health shit to get into OCS then somehow got found out, would I get a felony?

Not worth lying if they can take my guns.
>>
What's the benefit of joining the Army Reserve over the National Guard?
>>
>>34728283
In the actual Army instead of the governor's clean up crew
>>
>>34728295
Is that the only difference? What about the pay?
>>
File: jokerandcowboy_fullmetaljacket.jpg (202KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jokerandcowboy_fullmetaljacket.jpg
202KB, 1280x720px
Army or Marines for Infantry? Who deploys more, who has a better quality of life, who has better bases, who has a better "culture"? Also in terms of Special Operations, how difficult/worth it is it to go to school for each branch?
>>
>>34728283
NG has combat arms jobs, and benefits that vary by state. But most states will pay a sizeable portion or all of your college tuition.
>>
>>34728446
>Who deploys more
Marines
>who has a better quality of life
Army
>who has better bases
Army
>who has a better "culture"
well you're either a muhrine, or youre not. you still get to be yourself somewhat in the army.

I hope you see the pattern
>>
>>34728446
>Who deploys more
Neither deploys anymore unless they are SOF

>Other shit
>>34728482

>Also in terms of Special Operations, how difficult/worth it is it to go to school for each branch?
Hard as fuck and they all drop you one your first pickup. Worth it because SOF and pilots are literally the only ones that get deployed
>>
File: 1399696229487.gif (85KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1399696229487.gif
85KB, 375x375px
Realistically, what are my odds of dying in each branch in a non-combat role?
>>
File: 1394956357946.jpg (677KB, 820x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1394956357946.jpg
677KB, 820x1033px
>>34728446
Neither are getting any right now. Army has a better quality of life, Marines have bases near the coast, and the culture/espirit de corps of the Marine Corps is the best in the entire military.

What's fundamentally different about how Marines see themselves is that they rally behind being a Marine first and their job second. In the Army, you've got so much inter-sectional rivalry because the Army is fucking huge. There's a wealth of divisions and each one is constantly competing to see how much better they are. Obviously in the Marines you have the POGs vs Grunts type of shit flinging, but since it's such a smaller branch, they don't have nearly as many different units as the Army has, so Marines are far more proud of being a Marine than a soldier is proud of "Just being a soldier."
>>
>>34728239
you posted it here, so now you're fucked either way.
>>
>>34728685
very low across the board
>>
If I've had knee surgeries is it likely that I can lie my way through even if I need s Ts clearance? They don't check medical or anything like that right?
>>
File: 1488829689431.png (586KB, 637x510px) Image search: [Google]
1488829689431.png
586KB, 637x510px
Have pearly penise pupils will army still let me in
>>
2LT here. ask away senpai
>>
>>34729141
How were your grades in college? Is it true that they just kinda select anyone?
>>
>>34729141
Is the work load worth the freedom?
>>
>>34729141
If I lie about leg/knee surgeries will it come up on a TS investigation
>>
File: 0cwCrP3.png (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
0cwCrP3.png
72KB, 300x300px
>>34729170
No.

I'm a guardsman who went Federal OCS (speshul). I'm a POG-ass signaleer. My GPA was a 3.7.

I joined at 26. Commissioned after basic and OCS.

I do not care for many officers who commissioned through ROTC.
>>
>>34729186
No but they'll see your scars at MEPS right before a crusty old doctor stares at your butthole.
>>
>>34729237
The scars on my knees are barely visible if you look extremely hard because they were scopes and it was so long ago and I'm hairy.
>>
>>34729107
Yes, had the same problem
>>
File: worried bort.gif (88KB, 457x402px) Image search: [Google]
worried bort.gif
88KB, 457x402px
The selection board met yesterday
I'll hear from this week
Won't I?

I'll make it.
Please?
>>
>>34729141
Why did you want to be an officer?
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (55KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
55KB, 600x800px
Former 0311 thinking about going nat guard 11b. Any reason I shouldn't?
>>
>>34720401
If after a few years enlisted army I want to go pilot how difficult is it to do so? What routes are best to go through (warrant vs officer?)
>>
>>34729141
What branch?

I'm on my way to be an JO now
>>
If I'm going in on a UZ contract am I likely to lose conditioning during boot camp and infantry school?
>>
anyone have any tips/stories for navy boot camp? I leave in a month and im nervous
>>
>>34730097
In the exact same shoes
Also curious

Anyone with Boot stories, tell em
>>
File: 1495916161651.jpg (183KB, 684x755px) Image search: [Google]
1495916161651.jpg
183KB, 684x755px
>>34730097
>>34730121
Navy vet here, OS2 for anyone who remembers.
Ill green text a few.
Also youns wil be fine stop stressing.
>>
>>34730194
Go on, bud
Probably will be calling someone like you "sir" sooner rather than later
>>
File: 10.png (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
30KB, 500x500px
>>34729325
Thanks for answering. Do you remember what exactly they said about it
>>
File: 1495460284833.png (28KB, 601x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495460284833.png
28KB, 601x500px
>>34730097
>>34730121
>>34730231
>bootcamp
>I sleep in a top bunk
>across the compartment and over a few is a fat retard named "powell"
>at night before sleeping everyone shoots the shit a bit and you can see around the compartment
>start watching powell due to his stupidity
>see 2 things on 2 different nights
>1st night watching him
>hes sitting in his top bunk
>grabs his tooth brush and paste
>seems normal so far, hes gonna go brush his teeth
>nope
>he starts brushing right there sitting in his bunk
>I'm staring at him
>he finishes brushing and in one gulp swallows all the toothpaste
>tucks his tooth brush under his pillow
>lays down and sleeps
>next morning ask him wtf is wrong with him
>tells me he does it all the time cause his parents told him its a good idea to swallow tooth paste sometimes
>???
>hes in his late 20s btw
>>
>>34730259
Do you think he'll be an NCO one day?
>>
How long is the application process on army ocs? From me walking into the officer to them saying "yes you can attend."

Have graduated college already and have been working a normal job the last few months
>>
>>34730298
I started Navy Officer application about a year ago
Take that to mind

Officer shit takes long
>>
anyone got a good routine to prepare for army pft?
>>
>>34730308
Fug. I've heard enlisted and transitioning is an easier way
>>
File: 1488495885674.jpg (250KB, 1202x902px) Image search: [Google]
1488495885674.jpg
250KB, 1202x902px
>>34730297
no doubt
>>34730259
>another random night watching powell
Just so you know he kind of looks like sloth from the Goonies. Very inbred white trash esque. Big and dumb basically.
>hes sitting up
>looking around like hes about to try to get away with something
>shoves his finger up his nose
>goes about knuckle deep
>pulls out
>puts it straight into his mouth
>sucks on it
>I'm just staring in awe
>sticks it back up his nose and repeats the process
>decide enough enough, time to get him
> scream "powell, did you just pick your nose and eat it?"
>people looking, his face turns red
>screams at me "just leave me alone dude"
>lays down
>next morning we're all half awake shaving at the sinks
>our rpoc is having next to powell
>says "hey powell, did I hear you were eating your buggers last night?"
>he turns super red again and huffs and leaves the sink
the legend of powell continues

>>34730315
see>>34723645
>>
>>34730315
Like the other faggot said, there are three things
Running
Sit ups
Push ups

Do them and all
Then you're good

Unless you're Canadian, then you'll have to do some lifting
>>
Anyone have any experience with mental health/behavioral health?
>>
So I want to enlist with a certain mos for a couple of years, but if I wanted to reenlist would I be able to change mos easily or not so much?
>>
>>34730259
Mfw my last name.
>>
>>34730572
You're talking about retraining, and the ease of that is dependent on what branch and job you choose.

I can only speak about the AF, but generally you have the option to retrain at the last year of your initial enlistment contract.
You have to re-enlist, and the career field where you currently sit cannot be critically undermanned, otherwise they probably won't release you to retrain.
Jobs like security forces, and some maintenance jobs often find themselves critically manned and unable to crosstrain.
>>
>>34730572
The only reason why you wouldn't retain rank is if you jumped to a different MOS in a different branch.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sDNV_J82rw
Does the US military have an MOS that allows me to wear only shorts and sandals into combat, or will I have to move to another country for that?
>>
>>34725487
>Joining the FFL as an American
It *could* work out, with the right person. You'd be working against a stigma and it wouldn't be easy by any means.

>Joining the Russian armed forces as an American
0/10. You're not going to be an officer, and being enlisted is nothing like in the US. Enlisted in Russia are basically one step above prisoners. You'll also have the stigma of being an American (not exactly military friends), and you won't know the language.

If you want to be miserable in a cold environment, just move to North Dakota. Work in the oil fields, and you might find yourself well-off.
>>
>>34730257
Nothing. Doctor just looked at my dick and that's it.
>>
Question about the security clearance shit. I play TF2 and have accumulated a number of Steam friends, some of whom are not from the US (some are Canadian). We play regularly on the same servers and talk on Steam, but I don't know their names or really anything about them. Would that need to be listed/be a problem? I wouldn't think so but just want to check, I'll stop talking to them
>>
>>34731614
the "foreign contacts" thing absent clear family/business relations isn't necessarily clearly defined and how its interpreted from what I've seen varies extremely from investigators to investigator. unless this is someone you know in real life or is someone you have a close, bonded relationship worth it's not something I'd write down

Also, consider the investigator probably can't find your Steam profile anyway
>>
>>34730331
You heard wrong, it's process to become an officer no matter what.
>>
Ask a nuke about to finish a school anything
>>
>>34731614
I played shit like lifeweb and posted very questionable shit all through my life while being a big shut in and got my clearance no questions asked

The big things are
-do they have family or r e a l friends in shithole countries
-possible terrorist ties y/n
-owning a billion guns can also get it delayed some
-have they ever declared themselves an enemy of the state PUBLICLY y/n
>>
what can sexpect on the assvab
>>
>>34731614
>bound by affection, influence, common interests, and/or obligation

the influence thing is pretty critical, affection/interests bit probably doesn't mean "plays same vidya" but it could in some light. i'd say that unless you skype with them or talk about outside of gaming stuff with them its super safe to not mention. in general though they probably need to update that verbage and clarify it re: online associations
>>
>>34732052
you better be aiming to be a grunt in army, ng or maybe usmc
>>
Anyone here 04 or 34?
>>
>>34731998
gpa?
>>
I passed my physcial and medical at meps 2 days ago. The one issue is i failed the PIP vision test but I passed the red green and falant test. Will being "colorblind" disqualify me from going airborne?.
>>
>>34732756
Much better than I thought i'd do considering the hardest course I've ever done was high school chemistry and I never actually took algebra 2, followed by 2 years of neetdom

Though my class is a bunch of high functioning autists with photographic memory
Top 60% of the class has over 3.6 and we're the top scoring em class in recent years
>>
Does the Spanish Legion deploy?
>>
>>34733185
>Top 60% of the class has over 3.6
holy balls, you guys will be fine then. There's a bit more room to fuck up in power school since there's a ton more subjects and tests (assuming nothing's changed since I went through 12 years ago). I only squeezed by with a 2.73 in a-school and a 2.93 in power school but was still somehow part of the top mm section. Do you guys still have t-track in between while waiting for the other a-schoolers to class up with you? If you're first feeder, t-track will be some of the comfiest weeks of your career as a nuke.
>>
What's being a line medic like?
>>
>>34733543
T track is still a thing, I get to be the first class to go into it so I'm hoping to get duty driver where you just drive indocers around every 3 days for 5 hours
Spotless driving record has me hopeful

A school itself isn't really that bad, though it's a lot easier than it used to be
Some classes even have their notes provided to them so it's almost all self paced minus tutor instruction
>>
Do you get a signing bonus for Option 4 and/or 40?
>>
File: 179.jpg (25KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
179.jpg
25KB, 300x100px
>>34728741
doubt it
>>
>>34732361
me marin now thank yo
>>
>>34731040
MARSOC
>>
>>34733355
the spanish legion was disbanded several years ago
>>
>>34735925
So, no?
>>
File: 1404338065899.jpg (66KB, 538x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404338065899.jpg
66KB, 538x720px
Which branch has the most shitposters?
>>
>>34736533
air force or navy
>>
File: 1497907938046.png (178KB, 461x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497907938046.png
178KB, 461x480px
Do all TACP's require a TS clearance? Or is that just the ST TACPs
Does the Romad life allow just a secret clearance?
>>
>caf reserves
>get email to enroll
>nice
>scheduling issue, delayed a week
>nothing too bad
>call recruiting to verify
>file still open
>didn't get email from correct brigade
>person who sent me the email is on leave
>enrollment in limbo

just end my life bud
this shit is so fucking stupid
>>
>>34736743
Be combat control

Eternally the better operator
>>
File: l-elf.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
l-elf.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
In boot camp how good are most of the recruits in hand to hand? Will the instructors get onto me if I use martial arts that I come in knowing already?
>>
There's no way to use leave days in AIT, besides emergencies and HBL, is there? A family member is getting married over a weekend.
>>
>>34737689
Do. Not. Do. Anything. They. Do. Not. Tell. You. To. Do.

The LAST THING you want to be doing in boot camp is drawing attention to yourself. I saw a recruit get fucking slayed because he used a rifle technique he had learned from his friend who had learned it from a PMC. Do not try to game the system, because you know nothing compared to them.
>>
>>34737810

My dad was a martial arts instructor and I grew up learning stances, kicks, and punches as soon as I can walk. In everything else I'm sure they know more than me, but in hand to hand? I fucking doubt it.
>>
>>34738026
That's not the point. When they teach you, they are teaching you THEIR WAY. You may very well know more than they do, but intentionally saying "No, I'm going to not follow your instruction" is only going to make your time that much harder.
>>
>>34738026
>>34737689
Please tell your drill instructors that you know more than they do. Please, fucking do it.
>>
>>34722801
My wife is. 100% paid for and were getting bah on top. This semester alone was like 8g for her. I haven't switched mine over yet though. Still got the old one
>>
>>34738734
I've been trying to find this out for sometime, worth a shot asking.

Do you know if you get BAH if you are in a program that has an annual residency requirement? I know you do if you are taking a single in class-room course but I didn't know if the residency counted. I might be using my GI Bill for an online PhD program because I have nothing else to use it for.
>>
>>34723546
3 word phrase you need to know at MEPS:
No, never, none
>>
>>34738752
Not that guy but the short answer is each school is different. At my school I need to be taking minimum 12 credits to get BAH.
>>
>>34723646
Some states offer free classes through state universities on the guard/reserve side, it's just a matter of contacting the education office. Active side you can get TA after usually a year in (long enough to get you out of your training and into a unit). Army covers 4500 a year, or I think 16 credit hours. Not much, but can still allow you to space classes out to match your units long term training calendars and such. TA reimbursement can happen in good situations, but field training and deployment aren't those since a competent unit has a yearlong schedule posted in the company area
>>
>>34723962
Depends on if you're assigned to a functional mp unit (read base mps with rotating arforgen cycle) or assigned to a bct in the special troops unit. Usually there are 5 or so colleges with satellite offices on bases that offer classes in easy to digest time periods
>>
>>34725773
If you can't land nav for shit don't bother. Same with math. You'd be that fucktard that calls fire in 100m to your front because you forgot your multiplication
>>
>>34728283
Combatant mission vs non combatant. Reserve is more more non combatant (I.e. Only inf roles at West Point) while guard has combatant units (inf armor to a far lesser extent sapper)
>>
>>34728685
Go mortuary affairs. Unless the dead are rising or you piss off a gang banger off post, you'll be fine
>>
>>34738958
I bet people are just dying to get into that job hyuk hyuk hyuk
>>
>>34729542
Warrant you only show up to fly. Officer you'll be pl or co. Once pilot, rotary or fixed wing? Everyone gets rotor training, fw is small community split between mi (racetrap boring routes) 2/3 and dv transport (were doing a training flight to 3 countries over for lunch since we have nothing scheduled today) 1/3
>>
So if I want to try for a future in the IC what branch and MOS should I go for?

I hear the Army is best for that sort of thing. But what MOS?

Intel Analyst, some kind of SIGINT, or anything else?
>>
File: 1484280354646.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484280354646.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>34738026
You are fucking autistic.
>>
File: 1485558667888.jpg (60KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485558667888.jpg
60KB, 639x480px
I see lots of morons itt throwing around the word muhreens.

There are no wars going on, why the fuck would you wanna be crayon eater?
>>
There a small chance I will being joining the Airforce as an officer since job outlook with a degree in engineering isn't fucking working out.

Is the AF going to just stick me in some random place or will they put me somewhere that would actually use my degree?
>>
>>34739136
Because only 10% of the Marine Corps is infantry.
>>
>>34738979
Lol
>>
i want to shoot brown people asap. what do?
>>
>>34739148
It's a shit take. Officers don't always have the luxury of choosing where they're needed unless they're Warrant officers.

>Enlisted
Worse conditions but better job security.

>Officers
Better conditions but worse job security.
>>
>>34724634
My question is a little late but.

Is there anything like this for the Navy. My only problem is the closest recruiting station is maybe an hour to two away. Being a poorfag doesn't help with this.
>>
>>34739186
What would things look like after say 3-5 years as either? Also the basic training is as easy as they claim for the air force?
>>
>>34738752
>>34738770
Each school is different but depending on % you usually need to fill a certain amount of an in class vs online. Online will count provided you have enough resident ones. I know with my wife's there's a month cap (she had 36 total), so each bit of that gets calculated in. We also lucked out with hers because the bah rate for the college is 100miles south of us and in a different region, netting us more money, even though she goes to a satellite location.
>>
>>34739148
>>34739186
Air Force actually let's officers choose their job in advance but good fucking luck getting in.
>>
>>34738026
Don't even fucking enlist
>>
>>34738026
>SIR THIS RECRUIT THINKS YOURE DOING THE HIP THROW WRONG! MY DAD TAUGHT ME THE CORRECT WAY TO DO THE EYE GOUGE!
>>
>>34739152
Every Marine is a rifleman.
>>
>>34739300
That literally only means that every Marine is expected to maintain a decent level of combat readiness. If every Marine were a rifleman, then POGs vs Grunts wouldn't be at each others throats.
>>
>>34739204
Well, if you're going to OCS, that's a whole nother ball game. In general, yes, AF training is the easiest: the MTIs don't really yell at you so much as talking very sternly.

>>34739238
This is something to consider as well. The Air Force is almost notorious for their ridiculous requirements for enlistments, and it's even worse for commissions.
>>
>>34739300
>>34739321
>>34739152
Marines have such a laughable reputation in the other branches because they are filled with people in support jobs who think they are all Spartans. Knew a guy who was a mechanic with a Leonidas helmet tattoo. What a fucking joke.
>>
>>34739478
What kind of ridiculous requirements are we talking?
>>
>>34739539
Enlistment I don't know, but I know for officers you'll hear like 90% of people are selected or some ridiculous shit like that. This is because they won't even board you unless you are super-competitive. The officer recruiter closest to me said he only lets 6 people a month take the AFOQT and there was a waiting list just to take the test.
>>
>>34739321
joining muhreens during wartime is pants on head
>>
at what point does being unable to get TS happen and what happens next?
>>
>>34740070

What is on record that you have done?
>>
https://streamable.com/tvohr

What happens to this NCO? CSAF is apparently aware.
>>
>>34739539
Not many recruiters will work very hard to get you waivers, etc, simply because they don't have to.
There's a line to join the AF, so they have very little incentive to get you in unless you're going for something hard to fill.
Also they can just be general flakes about responding, etc.

>>34740070
You get denied your clearance after the results of your investigation are adjudicated. You can also be denied an interm if you are deemed higher risk.
Depending on the branch/job, you'll probably be stuck doing bitch work for a while. The adjudication criteria for C/S/TS are all the same, it's just the level of investigation. So basically, if you're not fit for TS, you're not fit for confidential.

There's a chance that you will be separated, since you aren't allowed to be around any sensitive material. I suppose you could repair roads around the base, or work at the base gym and wipe down squat racks.
>>
>>34740183
If he got rejected his TS for lying, he'd probably get kicked out
>>
Do they check to see if you qualify for clearance when you go to your MOS school or after you sign a contract?
>>
>>34740214
Mate you're on an anonymous board, what is it that is worrying you?
>>
>>34740224
I lied at MEPS about some medical history.
>>
>>34722419
There was a girl in my middle school who could do a sub 8 minute 1.5 mile. That was scary.
>>
>>34740251
The only thing the security clearance peeps care about medically is mental health stuff as far as I know so as long as you didn't lie about that you should be OK

I'm not sure your coc is privy to your security clearance documentation anyway
>>
>>34740174
I know her WG/CC is aware, since PA has acknowledged it.

Best case scenario for her is that she gets a general discharge.
Hopefully, since it was so public, she gets court-martialed for embarrassing the military, so probably an "other than honorable", which basically strips you of veteran status and almost all benefits.

Shit pisses me off... I know that tons of us (me included) show up and bust our collective asses day in and out, and get lumped in with hood rats like her that should have never made it past the recruiter's office.
>>
>>34740194
It really depends on what your command can/wants to do with you.
In a squadron like mine, you'd be useless. We have a guy getting kicked out, and all he can do is sit in a corner in the foyer, since he needs to be escorted but doesn't have access to the actual building.

In all likelihood though, if you're being processed for a TS, you need some level of sensitive access, so if you get denied you're going to be useless. Hopefully, in that situation, you've been saving your paychecks.
>>
>>34740267
This is good to know. I didn't follow through with MEPS because I've got some old shrink notes saying I talked about suicide and stuff. Honestly was just being a little bitch about an abusive dad and shitty girlfriend, but I didn't want to enlist unless I was going to get a real clearance, so I decided to simply not enlist as opposed to lying about it, or coming clean and being DQ'd. Shrink notes also talked about hard drug usage. Fuck shrinks.
>>
>>34740327
>because I've got some old shrink notes saying I talked about suicide and stuff
that will DQ you for a TS and depending on the circumstances is easy for the investigator to find as far as I know. I'd just give up on your dream but I'm not an expert
>>
>>34740274
>>34740174
wtf is this?
Can someone explain or post a link to an article telling me wtf this nigger is doing?
>>
>>34740385
https://www.reddit.com/r/AirForce/comments/6r75g0/outside_the_walmart_near_offutt_afb/
>>
>>34740357
But will I still be able to finish boot camp before hand?
>>
>>34739260
This
>smug anime pic
>thinks he can do things in his own way

Dude probably has some serious delusions about the military
>>
>>34740394
I don't think they start processing that shit until after boot camp. I wouldn't lie about it with the intention of getting kicked out once your lie is revealed - they can force you to re-pay the money they've paid you
>>
>>34740404
You can't just call every screenshot of an anime character a smug anime pic
>>
>>34740385
facebook.com AirForceForum posts 795184410655201
Add the slashes.

tl;dr:
Lesbo hood rat medical SSgt's GF cheats on her, so she stalks her, slashes tires, and then later jumps on car, disgracing herself and the military.
>>
>>34740357
>>34740357
Yeah I've given up basically.
Shame too since I got a 99 on the Airforce ASVAB.
>>
>>34740418
Is it possible that I'd get a general discharge for something like that?
>>
>>34740442
what are you trying to do? I literally don't get the point of enlisting with the intention of getting kicked out. You'll just be wasting a ton of people's time. The military isn't some high school club that you can goof around with like that
>>
>>34740391
You actually use reddit?
>>34740429
Whats less suprising, that's its a fat nigger or that its the AF?
>>
>>34740478
>asks for information
>gets aggressive when someone provides it to them
>>
>>34740436
>I got a 99 on the Airforce ASVAB
Fuck.

That's the shit I hate about the military. Little regard is given to ability.
I've got 4 people that are functionally useless in my shop, but they pass their PT tests and don't get in too much trouble so they're impossible to get rid of.

>>34740478
The former.
You usually hear about marines raping and killing Japanese locals, sailors stabbing a tranny to death right outside the base gate, or soldiers deserting in a combat zone and hanging out with the taliban for a few years.
>>
>>34740467
No, I'd like to avoid that. I'm already enlisted and all the jobs available under the contract I signed require secret clearance. If I get dropped from those because I couldn't get the clearance, I'd like to know if my MOS would become something like basic artilleryman or just go open. I figure as long as I still complete boot, then I'm in aren't I?
>>
>>34740532
>You usually hear about marines raping and killing Japanese locals, sailors stabbing a tranny to death right outside the base gate
At least that's cool though
>>
>>34740532
>soldiers deserting in a combat zone and hanging out with the taliban for a few years
Did this actually happen
>>
>>34740646
Bowe Bergdahl
>>
>>34725487
please explain did you join ffl or another foreign military or know someone who did
>>
i hate life and broke, in debt from school, want to get away from it all, etc. and kinda want to be a marine since my grandpa was. Should i go for it?
>>
Lets say I pass Meps and they don't find out about my godawful hs years/diagnosis.

Would the military eventually find out when I apply for a promotion?
>>
>>34741050
Ye.
>>
>>34741062
not to mention my girlfriends a fucking whore and contributes to me wanting out. Im seriously considering it, what would you reccomend i specialize in?
>>
>>34741107
I don't think there's much point in being a POG if you want to be a muhreen.
>>
>>34741107
If you want to get rid of your student debt you should join the Army. Marines don't offer stuff to help you cut it.
>>
File: 1501680757803.jpg (191KB, 742x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501680757803.jpg
191KB, 742x800px
So I understand that having to get a waiver for the US army disqualifies me from 11b option 18x. Do I keep whatever I have under wraps?

I have what I guess is knee bursitis on the preptellar. Alls I know is I fell on my knee without a knee pad and it has been hurting for 6 years and there is now a hard pea sized lump there.

How fucked am I?

Also do 18b get to choose what they take on deployments. Can get a civvy m16 into the armory. Can I switch up the gear as I like?
>>
>>34741107
Get in touch with a recruiter to take the asvab , if you get a good score theres no reason not to do something that has better quality of life like the airforce, as army or marine combat arms or even pog jogs QoL with not be great , a shitty state of mind before hand will do you no favors.

So step one, take the asvab , see what score you get then apply that to your research on what jobs youd want the most AND qualify for.

Study or not take the asvab, that will get the ball rolling , dont let the recruiter rush you into going to memps for a physical or anything , you are in total control at this point. Just take the asvab and see your options.

Ive been to meps recently a couple times, there are enough people there banging out test after test then after their pbysical ,enlisting then crying about they didnt get what they want , that they were " forced ".they were not and neither are you. You can walk away at anytime before you ship ( assuming active duty )
>>
>>34741154
Forgot to mention but I dropped 205 lbs on my chest doing bench when my wrist rolled.
If anyone knows if that shit would be caused long term probs. Do tell
>>
>>34741185
Maybe , doesnt matter

You dont tell them anything that doesnt have a paper or electronic trail. Just NO

They dont care , you even mention an undocumented injury or aomething when you were a kid you risk being DQed for life

If they got anything on you youre done anyway so no reason not to lie. Same if you get a job with a security clearence , if it doesnt have a paper or electronic trail , you didnt do it

Their job is to DQ the shit out of wide eyed kids that say stupid shit.
>>
>>34741220
If you they mention something they have on you.

" I didnt know "

" I didnt know "
>>
would joining the coast guard give me the comfy boat life i've always wanted?
>>
>>34740313
>>34740183
is TS required to be in the 75th? also, would being a stoner all throughout high school get your clearance denied? no record, just classmates/faculty possibly being aware. hypothetically speaking of course.
>>
>>34741885
>stoner
No. Don't mention it and hope you've been clean for like 4 months prior to boot camp

Also I hope you can run literally forever and do push-ups and shit every mile cause whew
>>
>>34741935
>4months
5 years in this hypothetical situation.
>Also I hope you can run literally forever and do push-ups and shit every mile cause whew
i assume c25k isnt going to be enough is it. i just stopped lifting weights and pivoted to cardio and PFT stuff.
>>
>>34724672
Your 35mikes sole purpose is to conduct interviews. Humint officers do targeting
>>
>>34741950
All you can do is go above and beyond a max pt score and prepare yourself mentally

There is no training for the training itself, it will push you beyond what you think you can do and a lot of people will break
They're looking to see if you'll quit.
Give your body and soul to the cause and remove quit from your vocabulary, and you stand a chance.
>>
>>34742034
Surprisingly good advice
This guy has first hand knowledge
>>
File: rocco on the flip side.gif (935KB, 500x219px) Image search: [Google]
rocco on the flip side.gif
935KB, 500x219px
>>34742034
that makes the most sense ive ever heard anyone put it. thanks, anon. catch you guys on the flip side
>>
How do MEPS liasons work? Do they have incentive to actually seek DQs on people and stuff?
>>
File: qNJIy.png (637KB, 1288x2501px) Image search: [Google]
qNJIy.png
637KB, 1288x2501px
>>34742054
>>34742055
Is this a joke? >>34742034
This is nothing but meme advice that constantly given. It literally means nothing.

>>34741950
You need tangable facts and goals to shoot for. If you want to be billy badass you need to be able to perfrom basic minimums imo to minimize your struggling. 80 pushups and situps minimum. 15 pullups and 20 dips. Then you need to be able to run 5 miles in roughly 30mins. If you can do that you stand a very good physical chance of making it. Pic related has the couch to 10k program. Follow that if you cant run 10k yet.
>>
>>34740539
this is what i was getting at. you sign a contract for a MOS that requires TS to do. you get through boot and /then/ they check if you qualify for TS.
you get unlucky and that gets fucked up, I'm guessing you are still doing AIT at this point? Or will that process start so late / take so long that you are out of AIT and doing your job then bang you aren't allowed to do your job?
So THEN what happens? Are you kicked out or do they go, oh sweet we needed more cooks/grunts/shithead jobs nobody would sign up to do.
>>
>>34741935
when it comes to TS, can you be so sure? there is info floating around online that the bulk of what they do is make phone calls, can you be so sure nobody would fuck you and mention how much weed you smoked w/ them?
I get the whole, fuck MEPS tell them nothing that they would never find without you mentioning it but TS involves some actual looking right?
>>
>>34741154
>>34741185
Do either of these old injuries keep you from rucking with greater than approach load? For miles on end. From being able to shoot? From quickly moving from one spot to another while engaged. Are they exasperated by living in shit for extended periods of time? Or do they just ache every once and a while. Line soldiers don't get glamor. We get shit. Sleeping on rocks, roots, ect. If your problems limit your mobility and effectiveness, you're hurting yourself as well as your team and squad who now have to help you more.

If neither of those things limit you, have at it. 18 is a lot of work, and a lot get flushed from that pipeline into the 82nd due to needing to be jump qual'd. if you do go, be humble going in, and be a team player. You can still pass SFAS qual and not get selected to continue for attitude problems
>>
>>34726621
Marines is a much easier goal, Rangers would be more impressive though. Why Rangers though? Rangers seems to normally be a stepping stone, not goal.
>>
>>34743104
Rangers are a stepping stone? You're an idiot. I know plenty of men that stayed ranger for the entire career.
Can it be a stepping stone? Sure. CAG is mostly former rangers.
>>
What's the relationship between SEALs and Marines like? Do they see Marines as younger brothers?
>>
>>34744257
SEALs are an advanced version of the Marines when it comes to indoctrination. Most of their failed missions are a result of them being way to cocky about their abilities.
>>
>>34744428
So it's literally a case of:
"Who are you?"
"I'm you, but stronger."
>>
>>34744462
More like
"Who are you?"
"SHUT IT POG YOU ARE JUST A GLORIFIED JANITOR HAHAHAHHAHA DONT TALK TO ME OR MY CHINOOK AGAIN"
>>
>>34735384
I don;t think it comes with it, but I just got a bonus of 8k with my op 40 contract
>>
File: 1418935702877.jpg (95KB, 1040x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1418935702877.jpg
95KB, 1040x1055px
>>34741243
This. THIS SO MUCH. If you are lying, you don't fucking stop the lie. If they claim you aren't telling the truth, respectfully tell them that you are telling the truth and ask if they have proof of that. No "you can't prove that" that means they have something to prove. If they pull out an official form that shows the lie happened, "my bad, I didn't know" and LEAVE IT AT THAT. No elaboration, and no "I forgot" that means you DID know at some point. You never were told, and them telling you is the first time you ever heard of it.
>>
File: gotcha.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
gotcha.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>34744860
>>
>>34740251
>>34740357

History of suicide attempts and/or hard drugs is not disqualifying for a TS.

Lying about history of suicide attempts and/or hard drugs is disqualifying for a TS.

Source: Tried to off myself, did a bunch of drugs back in the day. Came clean, got my clearance just fine.
>>
Who does TS clearance, the FBI or some random contractor?
>>
>>34741154

> 11b option 18x

18X is not an option on top of 11B, it's an enlistment contract.
>>
>>34745915

It depends on who is sponsoring your clearance. Most of the time for the military it'll be an OPM contractor.
>>
>>34745357
>I don;t think it comes with it
>but I just got a bonus of 8k with my op 40 contract
???
>>
File: the air force2.png (344KB, 491x417px) Image search: [Google]
the air force2.png
344KB, 491x417px
>>34740174
Why is the Air Force the most niggardly of all the branches? Why do they advertise themselves as an intelligent branch when they are outclassed every time they enter a joint environment by every other branch?
>>
>>34745924

I've heard that those people suck though. They at least ask other agencies about you, right?
>>
>>34746272

OPM is by far the most experienced investigating agency by nature of the fact that they process the most clearances. OPM doesn't have quite the curb appeal of an FBI agent showing up at your door, but they're good at what they do.

If other agencies have data on you they will request it from those agencies, that's most of what an investigation is.
>>
File: 3JHmrGS.png (57KB, 880x558px) Image search: [Google]
3JHmrGS.png
57KB, 880x558px
>>34731040
EOD
>>
>>34746202
You can score high on the asvab and not have any common sense.

You can score low on the asvab and have common sense.
>>
>>34745911
I'll believe this but how did you even get to the TS stage if you were honest about the drugs? I wouldn't think they would let you get to MEPS.
>>
>>34746622

Dunno anything about MEPS. Like most people with a clearance, I've never been in the military.

The clearance process and the process of joining the military are completely separate.
>>
>>34742105
cool. ill use that too
>>
>>34746379

Oh, that's pretty kewl.
>>
>>34746597
The average airmen have neither intellect nor common sense. At best, whatever technological advances the USAF has was due to what companies sold them equipment.
>>
>>34746698
yeah but in this thread that's the big issue, military makes you lie (mainly about drugs, or maybe therapy) then the lying fucks you with TS or you are forced to keep lying and hope you don't get caught in any of the lies.
>>
I've never done any drugs aside from a couple shots of whiskey and vodka. Never been in any trouble with t he law and overall have been a well-behaved goodie two-shoes.
Fuck's sake I'm still a virgin.

Is there anything that could stop me from joining up?
>>
>>34746202
>>34747027
>tries to make fun of the AF
>can't even use the word "niggardly" properly

Feel free to stop posting any day.
>>
>>34747364
Allergies, previous injuries, shit like asthma and eczema
>>
>>34747364
Any mental health issues or physical injuries? I've been a little good boy too but for example I went to therapy and used to take meds for depression which could fuck me If I opened my whore mouth.
>>
>enlisted to the US airforce
>aircraft mechanic or Security Forces
>Don't have a ship off date
>its only been 2 weeks and I'm loosing myself to anxiety
>got a shit job to hold me over till they call me and give me a ship off date
>fucking hate this wagie job but i gotta bear with it
>hopefully i won't have to do this longer than 3 months

How long COULD it take for the Airforce to give me a date to ship off to basic, a month, 3 months?
>>
>>34747397
Only allergic to sufa, makes me break into hives.
Never broken a bone or suffered from a serious injury.
None of that but I do wear glasses.
>>
>>34747406
Mental Health wise I think I'm pretty solid.
Never self-harmed or seriously thought about killing myself.
>>
>>34747380

It's weird, isn't it? I sometimes wonder if the people salty about the AF being harder mentally but easier physically (outside of battlefield airmen) and the AF people salty about "muhreens aren't so tuff" even realize that they're literally the mirror image of one another?
>>
>>34746202
THICC
>>
>>34731040
Hop in a time machine and go back 1200 years.
>>
File: stock image.png (521KB, 627x309px) Image search: [Google]
stock image.png
521KB, 627x309px
Thoughts on combat engineers?
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (13KB, 304x290px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
13KB, 304x290px
>>34748671
Closet homo's. Every single one.
>>
>>34748671
Might as well go SeaBee

That way you will still be a Combat role, but when you get out you can have "contructed actual buildings" instead of "filled some hesco with dirt" on your resume
>>
>>34747283

>military makes you lie

Bullshit. You choose to lie.

If you're going to be a piece of shit at least own it, none of this "woe is me I am merely a victim of circumstance" bullshit. I can respect someone who is a sleazebag and knows it.
>>
>>34730097
I just got out of Boot a week ago and I'm at A-school right now. Shit is easy as hell its just really boring. If you can, try to get into Ship Staff since it'll let you avoid being in your compartment for almost the entire day. Good example I had here:

>Day before Battlestations, mustered early for ship staff on sunday
>Deliberately pissing around and double cleaning everything so I can wait until the division leaves to go practice drill
>Right as the division leaves I head back into the compartment and go pass out in the showers, hoping to get a few extra hours of sleep for BS
>Division comes back early and gets destroyed by the RDCs because they totally half assed their marching, getting beat for at least 2 hours straight
>Only woke up because people ran into the bathroom to throw up.
>Sneak out and slip into the laundry room, sleep on the laundry piles instead of the shower benches
>Come out right at the end and do 15 minutes of exercise since I was nervous they'd catch on, and also because I did not PT for the entire week sans the PFA.

tl;dr keep out of sight out of mind and it'll be easy as hell
>>
>>34748845
This guy gets it
>>
How is Okinawa on the Marine side, or I guess any side really?
>>
>>34747549
Ebony and Ivory~
Live together in perfect harmony~
>>
File: 1382287723763.jpg (183KB, 692x922px) Image search: [Google]
1382287723763.jpg
183KB, 692x922px
>>34748954
One of the better bases. Spent about 8 months there. Hardest part was syncing up the times to contact family since you're literally an entire world away. Thankfully since I made rank relatively quick I actually got to enjoy it but as always YMWV.
>>
>>34748989

Ah. My parents knew people on the Air Force side who hated it, but they said that the people in question fucking hate everywhere they're stationed that isn't CONUS. Some people mang.

Is the food good? Are the locals willing to let you study martial arts there?
>>
>>34748876
t. MEPS doctor
>>
>>34749051

Shit, I wish I made doctor money. I'm just an Army NCO who is tired of getting sent literal garbage-tier human beings who inevitably get kicked out.

The guys with no integrity are always the same ones going "the Army is fuckin' me over for no reason, bro" when it catches up with them too.
>>
>>34749289
only garbage tier human beings would be desperate enough to join the Army desu senpai
>>
>>34749313

My current squad (in the literal sense, not the modern slang) is top-notch. We had to cycle through a few shitbags to get the dream team but it is possible.
>>
>>34749356

>>34749356

>>34749356

New thread
>>
>>34749289
You're gonna get garbage tier humans regardless of if they lied at MEPS. It's about attitude, a soldier who lied at MEPS could very well be a total shitbag. But the soldier who didn't could also be a shit bag.
>>
>>34749289
>>34748876
People are hyper-paranoid that MEPS will disqualify you for life for any little thing, especially since there's no need for people right now and most of the military is trying to shed personnel. There are definitely some shitbags who get in, but I got a 99 AFQT with excellent line scores on the ASVAB, have a perfectly clean record besides a couple traffic tickets, and no major medical problems. I left off the fact that I had sleeping trouble for a few years, I have occasional minor allergies, and I smoked weed like three times a decade ago. Any of those things would have likely disqualified me permanently (inb4 but drug waivers). Does that make me a sleazebag piece of shit garbage human being? If so, I hope you are a literal fucking saint because your standards would eliminate 99.9% of applicants.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.