[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Air Rifles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: airrifle.jpg (31KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
airrifle.jpg
31KB, 1600x1200px
Hey /k/,

a few years ago I moved into a shitty european country that is strictly limiting the supply of firearms to the civilian population. It's necessary to go through lots of very expensive paperworks, documented trainings, exams and effor to be allowed to buy a real firearm here and even then ranges are rare across the country.

I'll soon have a small property for myself and planned to get into some hobby shooting since I was always fascinated by firearms. I can't pay or deal with the effort to get a license so I thought about buying an air rifle which is legally a lot easier to own and use even in dense neighborhoods as long as you own the land and have a high fence. Can you recommend me something to get into the hobby? I thought about buying pic related an AR8 N-TEC or is that already overkill for what I wanna do with it? Please give me some helpful insight or recommend me something else.
>>
10/22 with oil filter supressor
>>
>>34702058
a 10/22 isn't an air rifle dumbass
>>34702049
break barrels are usually more powerful but harder to be accurate with because they already start recoiling before the pellet leaves the barrel and if you grip it too tight it affects accuracy. PCP rifles are more expensive typically but there's no recoil and you can have a repeater with a magazine. there are large caliber more powerful PCP rifles, from .25 to .50 caliber with about similar kinetic energy to a pistol and these can be used to kill a larger variety of small game or just blow up fun targets better. also have more range because they carry more energy further in flight. just get whatever's within your budget, but if you want quality probably spend over $200.
>>
>>34702049

Gamo has some hi power supressed ones that work well too, you can plink all afternoon with little ear protection.
>>
>>34702201
Excuse my ignorance but is ear protection a problem with air rifles at all? I know they make a very distinctive sound but it never felt loud to me, to a point where I thought air protection is necessary.
>>
>>34702208

The mechanical nature of the noise in most piston-operated air rifles (as opposed to chemical in firearms) means the peak sound frequency is at a rather narrow band of sound wavelength, meaning that hearing in that particular frequency range is more susceptiple to damage. Well made air rifles are quieter of course, but some air rifles are surprisingly noisy to the shooter. I wouldn't skimp on hearing protection especially with the more powerful ones.
>>
>>34702208
At my clubost shoot PCP rifles and shooting unsuppressed is considered rude, as some of them can be painfully loud and we prefer to avoid hearing protection when using airguns. People roll their own, or use the nifty little ones from http://tko22.com/
>>
>>34704262
Typo... 'at my club most'
>>
>>34702049
>>>/asp/
>>>/toy/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>34704385
Are you retarded? This is about air rifles not airsoft.
>>
>>34704385
Go to YouTube and watch guys killing things with airguns. Hogs, deer, even bison. Then come back and tell us about toys. They're toys like firearms are toys, in that they're fun to shoot. But don't point one at something you don't want to kill.
>>
>>34704608
Hogs, Deers and Bisons? Damn, what airgun are they using and more importantly what calibre?
>>
>>34704418
>>34704608
FUck off.
It'll be you don't need a powdered propelled rifle to hunt you can just use an air gun, then you don't need that use a bow followed by no fucking weapons at all.
It is a fucking >>>/asp/ >>>/toy/ that belongs in the >>>/trash/ .
>>
>>34704686
>Thing was designed as a weapon
>Has the same function as a chemical firearm
>Can kill things easily
>Somehow a toy
>>
>>34704686
Is this guy retarded, or just micropenor? Either way he's spewing nonsense in such an inarticulate and illiterate fashion as to seriously harm his arguments, which in themselves don't seem to be at all effective. All in all I give this post one star out of five.
>>
>>34704686
Benjamin Hunter shoots .22 Caliber steel pellets at the speed of 850 feet per second, 1000 if the pellets are made out of alloy.

And this is not even one of the stronger air rifles.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (106KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
106KB, 1920x1080px
>>34704686
.357 caliber
800fps
>>
File: Benjamin-Bulldog-Safari-51.jpg (155KB, 800x547px) Image search: [Google]
Benjamin-Bulldog-Safari-51.jpg
155KB, 800x547px
>>34704686
Yeah, sure looks like an airsoft toy to me. Fucking retard.
>>
The Flex and the smaller Warp from Wicked Air Rifles will do the job on any small game, with up to 200fpe.
http://wickedairrifles.com/index.html
For more serious hitting power something like the Airforce Texan .50", or the Slayer .357.
>>
Here's the .357" Slayer in a brief noise test. Watch stone fly apart, then listen to the giggle. A well tuned PCP with a decent set of baffles up front is seriously giggly quiet.

https://youtu.be/UOyT8GSxRf4
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.