[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do these type of filters actually work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3711.jpg (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3711.jpg
16KB, 500x500px
Do these type of filters actually work?
>>
File: waterfilterKATA.jpg (18KB, 555x420px) Image search: [Google]
waterfilterKATA.jpg
18KB, 555x420px
Yes.

But you'll suck a golf ball through a garden hose before you get a full 'drink' out of a fucking life straw.
>>
>>34605725
Yes, just follow the directions
>>
>>34605725
Fuck putting your face in the water to get a drink.
>>34605738
I have this exact filter and it's great.
>>
>>34605725
>>>/out/
>>
>>34605738
You just gotta suck hard bb

>>34605725
I've drink out of ditchwater and Creek water in the Rockies with mine
>>
>>34605725
Bear in mind, while they're like 99.9% effective, that other 0.1% may still fuck your shit up. You're still relying on your immune system to deal with whatever's in the water, you're just giving it a much better chance of winning.

That being said, best damn water I ever drank was filtered from a mountain stream halfway up a Presidential in NH. Bad drinking water will seriously mess you up, but we're not made of glass.
>>
>>34605725
Not /k/ related asshole.

>>34605815
This.
>>
File: 2liter1.jpg (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2liter1.jpg
115KB, 500x500px
get a sawyer gravity operated one, no need to suck or pump like a fool, and they are easily back flushed by lifting the clean side higher than dirty.
>>
>>34606351
Sawyer does make good products. I have 2 of their mini filters - they don't require you to suck like crazy to get a drink, they can screw onto any standard threaded plastic bottle/canteen, and are also easily cleaned. Terrific for backpacking.
>>
Is it so hard to pack some water purification tablets or chlorine drops? They don't take up any space at all
>>
>>34607242
Some water purification tablets require you to wait a period of time (maybe 30 minutes) until the water is safe to drink. I also don't enjoy water that tastes like it came from a chlorinated swimming pool.
>>
>>34607242
A sawyer minifilter can purify 100,000 gallons and is pretty small and cheap. How much does it take and cost per gallon for chlorine?

Also Chlorine doesn't kill all protozoa.
>>
File: 1458485773385.jpg (570KB, 1024x730px) Image search: [Google]
1458485773385.jpg
570KB, 1024x730px
>>34605725
Yes. Not the most efficient, but they'll do for drinking water.
>>
>>34607242
>>34607285
>>34609337
There's no reason to not have both considering how inexpensive they both are.

Better safe than sorry, unless you want to die ass first.
>>
>mfw use pump filter to pump water into gravirty filter bag
>insert chlorine tablet into filter bag
>filter into canteen
i da cleanest. Also aluminum processing plant wants to kill me.
>>
>>34609478
jazzhands.jpg
>>
>>34605815
Nigga wut are buggout bags
>>
>>34606170
You're pretty damned good at saying a lot and not a lot all at once if ya know what I mean
>>
I just bought two Sawyer Minis for my bugout bags. I had lifestraws, but I figured the mini would fit better for the bugout scenario. Smaller and apparently a bit better.
>>
I have a Lifestraw. It's ok, but they're designed to be cheaply made and distributed in the worst off parts of the world. /out/ recommended a Sawyer mini and it's much higher quality for the same price (~$20). You can get the more expensive brands like Katadyn, but at that point you may as well go an even safer route and get a UV purifier for your water bottle.

Sage for not /k/ related
>>
>>34609617
True. Both is the most reasonable option.
>>
>>34606170
Let me say what you were trying to say.

>This device is not 100% effective. However it is a better option for drinking dirty water. The best water I drank was from a stream.
>>
>>34607242
Lifestraw is designed for people who don't have the IQ to operate a simple hand pump.
>>
>>34609966
this isn't a thread about bugout bags. if you're going to ask off topic, may as well use the qtddtot
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/out/1064961
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.