[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/akg/ AK General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 73

AK General /akg/
Bring Out Your Bakelites Edition
>Thread #351

Old thread here >>34517474
>>
>AK Buyer's Guide

http://pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
>>
File: Catmag2.gif (4MB, 285x474px) Image search: [Google]
Catmag2.gif
4MB, 285x474px
AK thread post cats
>>
File: IMG_3666.jpg (176KB, 620x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3666.jpg
176KB, 620x600px
>>34527364
>>
File: 1489372327285.jpg (906KB, 1452x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1489372327285.jpg
906KB, 1452x2048px
>>34527404
>>
File: 20170712_202419.jpg (1MB, 2250x2579px) Image search: [Google]
20170712_202419.jpg
1MB, 2250x2579px
>>34527404
>>
>tfw califag
>tfw no bakes
>>
File: cats.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
cats.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>tfw still no bakelites at all

>>34527310
I just bought some from 44mag, first time in my life I've bought magazines for a gun I don't even have. Only one 30 and one 42 thought, I had three 30s and two 42s in cart but didn't want to spend that much money quite yet

>>34527350
I've seen a handful of them, not many though. The R1s were all really heavily used and mystery parts are common because a lot of parts were just too worn to keep. I mean I'm not at all against picking one up eventually with Rhodie parts but I'd prefer as little as possible or as unnoticeable as possible

>>34527373
That was my thought too because of the sticker but like you said why bother the more in depth painting with primer instead of just a quick spray and sell, or even just sanding the markings and sticking the stickers over the markings or something
>>
wow ak files is cucked

>muh russia

>sanctions are good

>merican rifles are not exploding shit builds

> muh cia is right

>muh i was with her

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312026&page=2
>>
>>34527364
question.... just bought a SAIGA how much of a problem is converting it to traditional looking AK
>>
>>34527471
Fuck them. I only go on the marketplace.
>>
>>34527494

boomers shit the whole place up
>>
Are all AK rivets the same? I still need to pic some up for my kit and am looking at the Toth Tool ones on the Files simply because he accepts paypal
>>
>>34527522
Exactly. They blame us but they've been fucking up the country since the 70's.
>>
File: nDNuhPj (1).png (19KB, 650x750px) Image search: [Google]
nDNuhPj (1).png
19KB, 650x750px
>>34527543

> you young shits should find jobs and have families

>forget we invited cultural Marxism in to fuck up gen x and you so we could live in luxury, will your formally ehtno homogeneous country will rival central american and middle east countries in crime and poverty
>>
>>34527468
>I just bought some from 44mag

That's where I've been getting mine, all except for the one 30 that steyr sent me, and I've got two more 30s coming in tomorrow. There's something so satisfying about inserting them into the rifle. The AUG is a rifle that just begs to be fired, especially when you shoulder it. I'd drive all the way out to the range again tomorrow if I could afford another day off, but I'm already putting extra money away for another rifle before everything gets a new aimpoint put on it.

Also I'd thoroughly pet both of your cats.
>>
File: vwSgAd8.png (307KB, 968x634px) Image search: [Google]
vwSgAd8.png
307KB, 968x634px
>>34527675
>>
File: empty mags.jpg (967KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
empty mags.jpg
967KB, 2560x1440px
>playing black ops
>see teammate has extended mags on his ak
>notice weird circle on the magazine
>it's the fucking circle 10 logo
>>
>>34527872
>Cirlce 10 bakes
lel. Also look at that atrocious modeling.
>>
>>34527872
blops1 was my shit
>>
>>34527471
>retarded fag who believes in muh russia has over 25,000 posts on a fucking AK forum
>has been around it since 2005
>a person who's been around since 2003 has only 327 posts
I hate forums so fucking much

>>34527889
yeah the AKA-47 is basically a mixmatch of a bunch of AK variants
>>
File: bedazza.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
bedazza.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
Is paint thinner and brushes really the best way to clean off cosmoline?
>>
File: wasr.jpg (2MB, 4694x2084px) Image search: [Google]
wasr.jpg
2MB, 4694x2084px
Posting my wasr again because I love this posp scope I got.
>>
>>34527915
Why do people wrap tourniquets on their rifles outside of warzones?
>>
>>34527967
meant for
>>34527967
>>
>>34527967
So they don't have to put their faces to the steel stocks of triangle folders and possible to get a better cheek weld?
>>
>>34527980
Jesus christ
>>
>>34527471
>>sanctions are good
Fuck Russia, though.
>>
>>34527967
I used mine for a better cheekweld, but having one around when shooting isn't a bad idea anyway.
>>
>>34528030
And Fuck white people.
>>
>>34528030
Lmao
>>
>>34528030
Russian sanctions are good, we need to promote domestic industry.

>>34528049
>t.nigger
>>
>>34528030

enjoy no saigas or veprs then,will only see shit like the c39 and ass-47, because Bulgaria and Romania do not care about the civilian market like russia does, if century told them importing wasrs was off they wouldn't care
>>
>>34528060
t. 2 inch limpdick whitebread fuccboi
>>
>>34528060
>Russian sanctions are good, we need to promote domestic industry.
Yeah, the billion dollar industries of US made AK's, right? Fucking fuck off, srsly.
>>
>>34527493
I dont know if you have a shotgun or a rifle, but I converted my 7.62x39 Saiga with a hand drill and thread cutter for the bullet button in about 2 or so hours. It was really simple and fun. AK Autists will probably shit on you for it but I love it and will probably never sell it. Go ahead and convert it, watch some YouTube videos first. Then later on down the road if you want a proper military looking AK just go ahead and buy one.
>>
File: 1486990307172.jpg (79KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486990307172.jpg
79KB, 640x960px
>>34527364
Hey guys, Ive come for some advice which isnt explicitly covered in the buyer's guide.

I believe I am about to trade into getting a Polish Tantal. Is there anything I should look out for when inspecting the rifle? Anything I should expect from its performance that is out of the ordinary for AKs in 545?

Thanks for all the help!
>>
File: 0000-0190.webm (704KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0000-0190.webm
704KB, 1920x1080px
>>34527872
God that posing is atrocious
>>
File: Bakes.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Bakes.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>34527364
>>
>>34528097
There are no Polish Tantals in the country that aren't parts kit builds. Most that you'll find are assembled under the Century brand, home builds, or a small handful of decent professional builders.
>>
>>34528060

so we can have shit casted rifles no one wants because u.s companies will not invest in proper workers or machinery, the u.s will never produce ak's that are near combloc factory level the average u.s buyer is okay with shitty ar's like dmps and del-ton and shitty ak's like ras and i.o because they never fire more than 100 rounds a year, and demand a firearm under 600$
>>
>>34528097
KEYHOLING
>>
File: More Bakes.jpg (3MB, 2500x3333px) Image search: [Google]
More Bakes.jpg
3MB, 2500x3333px
>>34527364
>>34528104
>>
>>34527933
I used paint thinner and an old T-Shirt when I had to clean the cosmoline off my Yugo mauser. My barrel bands were stuck on because of all of it, and it ate the cosmoline for breakfast. Just use some Boiled Lindseed Oil on the stock after and you'll be good to go.
>>
>>34527933
I prefer gasoline, personally.
Especially for bulk cleaning.
I use mineral spirits for wood, to get the big stuff off, then head gun on low.
>>
File: shovelak.jpg (1MB, 3604x1704px) Image search: [Google]
shovelak.jpg
1MB, 3604x1704px
Does anyone have any suggestions for a calicuck looking for a decent chest rig or LBE for use with 10rd AK mags? I know it's verbotten by the pastebin, but I bought an AMD-63 cause of both budget and fear of state regulations kicking in.
>>
>>34527471
the Intelligence Community., CIA, FBI etc., leadership confirming the Russian hacking. It is fully documented.
You are an idiot
>>
>>34527951
Is that a contractor WASR?
>>
>>34527933
Paint remover, acetone, etc, etc
>>
>>34528074
I've already got my Saiga, though.
>>
>>34528143
OMG they hacked and revealed corrupt inner working of our political parties wtf I hate information now go team US
>>
>>34527471
There are over a dozen documentrd instances of Russian hacking. Verified under oath in the Senate hearings by the Director of the CIA eyc.
And there are blind fools too who do not listen to the sworn testimony of the professional intelligence community individuals in the US government..

But believe what you must as that is irrelevant. The steps taken on current and potential Russian import restrictions and sanctions are indications and results of the hacking.., along with other actions they have taken and now the Syrian incidents etc.

Political back & forth aside., it has impact on the imported articles from Russia.
>>
>>34527924
that's nothing. one dude has 44k since 2005 and the most anti-Russian fucktard on the whole site has 9k in the last 14 months.
>>
>>34528143
>>34528180
So, they hacked me and my family to go and vote for Trump last November? Which part of my harddrive inside of me was hacked that day?
>>
>>34528180
Omg Russia isn't supporting Wahhabis revolutionaries wtf
>>
>>34528143
>of bunch of gov officials who can benefit from fake news and are bootyblasted because their chosen candidate didn't win spreads fake news

it sure is feeling summer in here guys
>>
>>34528179
>OMG they hacked and revealed corrupt inner working of our political parties

They didn't though, a DNC staffer leaked some emails and now the democratic party and their supporters in government are sperging over russia as damage control.

>oh no we got caught with out pants down and lost 5 elections in a row
>RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA
>>
>>34528189
STOP FUCKING STEALING MY NAME
You are not answering my questions, what exactly is been hacked by Russians inside of millions of republicans as myself to go and kick this bitch far out of WH? When are you going to respect other people besides one you like?
>>
>>34528107
>>34528121
Good to know, thanks.
>>
>Omg Romania and Bulgaria doesn't care about Civilian sales, i need muh Russian Aykays!

I sure hope you guys don't believe this.
>>
Where is the proof?
Realize that these agencies are charged with protecting U.S. interests. If revealing proof will compromise their ability to detect and defer future threats they're not going to do it. Also understand that levying charges against a foreign government, especially one as powerful as Russia, is serious business and wouldn't be undertaken lightly. So unless you have the requisite security clearance and need-to-know I doubt you will ever see proof with your own eyes. In the meantime there is plenty of circumstantial evidence that should certainly have you begging for an investigation, such as Trump himself inviting the Russians to hack his opponents, his blanket dismissal of CIA intelligence, the fact that his SOS appointment has close ties to Putin, that he lied about meeting Putin, the list goes on. Now that Obama has ordered an investigation we may finally have some answers.
Bbbbbbbut emails!
Are you seriously equating the content of the DNC emails with inference with our presidential election by a foreign government? These are not two equal wrongs that cancel out.
Side Note: I wonder how many of you asking for proof wouldn't be the first to cancel a trip because the CIA said they had evidence someone was planning to bomb your flight.
>>
>>34528200
Thread getting derailed by retarded name stealing spammers

It has nothing to do with "liking" a candidate or a president. I have never voted Democratic in my life.
That has nothing to do with facts.
Nor is this about whether Clinton's loss has anything to do with the hacking this time. It is about interference by a foreign entity in our electorial process.
You are not seeing the big picture.
Self detetmination is the path to follow. It ain't about " liking a president.
This has nothing to do with Trump either
Any issues with him or his appointees and the Russians etc., is another matter that is yet to be detetmined.
I hope Trump accomplishes what he promised. So far not so much.
>>
>>34528233
Might as well let all the other countries we have mucked around in the election process of put sanctions on us too; something like 80+ elections were screwed around with by US agencies since the 60s. A fifth grader would know to use a proxy server but apparently Russia's best and brightest were too dumb to block their IP address, okay, dumb Russians I get it.

ALSO
Sorry but you said they hacked election process and change it, am I correct? I am glad that you are admiting her loss publicly, all of you eventually should and forget about this russian conspiracy theory, you are preventing/stoping president to do his job with this crap.
>>
>newfags being baited by hunterposting
>>
>>34528250
FAGGOT

Your reading comprehension is lacking. I stated nothing about changing the election. You just can't get it.
Any country should be concerned about others hacking into or attempting to supersede or gather proprietary information.
The Russians collected personal data on voters as well as other private/personal and electoral data.
This should be troubling to anyone who is interested in the integrity of our election processes. Simple.
>>
>>34528263
Really kiddo?
ISSUE -Russian election hacking of proprietary information and access to voter data. PROVEN

ISSUE -Russian interference in voter activity or vote manipulation that changed voting numbers for a candidate or ballots.. UNPROVEN

ISSUE - Trump team interface with Russian operatives that were not reported , inappropriate or linked to activities in the election or grounds for security clearance suspension or revocation. UNPROVEN

ISSUE - Donald Trumps personal involvement or knowledge of any Russian activities with him or his team that were linked to the hacking or security clearance violations. UMNROVEN

There are two investigations regarding some of these issues. The open Senate Judiciary hearings and the non-public Special Prosecutor investigation.
>>
>>34528263
Who isn't collecting our personal data these days.
>>
>>34528275
There is evidence of Russian hacking and enough deliberate or coincidental Trump team Russian contacts and visits to warrant a look see.
There is no free ride for any president IMHO. Be that Obama or Trump.

But name calling and trying to label others is just senseless..

How many years was the Obama citizenship thrown around and it's impact on his legitimacy as pres. turn about is what the Dems and Reps are playing to the detriment of this country. And unfortunately the followers are doing the same with name calling and labeling and senseless blabber vs meaningful discussion and discovery.

Obama was not a very good president. The jury is still out on Trump. So far not much to show. Good leaders make good things happen., and they are not about making excuses.

Meanwhile I have a bunch of AK74, AKS74's and kits and crates of ammo to shoot.

Life is good. The POTUS has very little effect on what I do or my economic or other well being.
>>
Stop listening to me, I'm a huge cum guzzling faggot
>>
>>34528292
>There is evidence of Russian hacking

gibs
>>
I listen to both sides and a variety of news. Then make up my mind. I'm not a kool aid drinker., be it Trump or any other POTUS. As I said the POTUS means two $hits in my life pattern.
First there was no Russian hacking, then there were tapes of the Comey/Trump conversations, then the Trump team members started to falloff the wagon.
Hopefully it gets better soon.
If he can do half of what he promised that will be a good thing.
Not much so far
., good leaders make good things happen
>>
>>34528300
Get reported and get the hell out
The Demoncraps have used Russia as a battering ram to break down The Donald implementing his agenda in the White House.

So far it is a very big FAILURE!

Just ask Nancy Pelosi and Cryin' Schumer.

What is the Democrat policy plan and how will they Make America Great Again?

We are waiting and all we hear are crickets.
You are missing the strong undercurrents my friend, the undoing of Obamanation.

I hope by now you have turned off CNN, MSNBC, cBS, NBc, ABc and Fox for your daily info feed. That you haven't troubles me, for you.

I will list the achievements of The Donald in spite of Demoncraps throwing gargantuan temper tantrums, and Deep State Pubbies blocking forward progress.

Stay tuned...
>>
>>34528315
Pretty many crickets on both sides of the aisle. No tax reform, no wall, np health care change, jobs reports are neutral to downward rending.
I blame both arties for failure to work together and get moving.
>>
>ITT: AK Files Thread Simulator 2017
>>
>>34528323
The U.S. intelligence agencies weren’t sure what to make of the vague and inconclusive information, given that Mr. Trump had done business in Russia and was a global celebrity well-known to prominent people there. The names of Americans do sometimes show up in conversations involving Russian officials that are overheard by U.S. intelligence.
Now, in light of the release of emails Tuesday by Donald Trump Jr., the president’s eldest son, investigators are going back to those early reports to see if they can understand them better.
>>
RIP thread
>>
>>34528346
>>34528373
fags

First the 104 and now the VEPR.

I know there are some good kit builds out there, but do you guys see any commie factory 5.45 options in the near future?

Nope

Is there even enough of a market for that in the US to justify someone filling the void?

Nope

What implications would you speculate this would have for 5.45 ammo price/availability?

Don't know but it doesn't look good that there are no more factory 5.45 rifles being made.
Then again ammo companies still make ammo for firearms no longer in factory production like 7.5 Swiss and 8mm. Mauser BUT they make it in niche quantities.
>>
>>34528373
If you don't have Hunter filtered already you're wrong
>>
>>34528153
Naw just one I've been using for like 6 years. It was my only rifle for innawoods for like 3 years so Its pretty worn out.
>>
Bottom line is there are no 5.45 rifles to choose from and to most a stamped sheet metal 2" MOA rifle from Romania is not a option for close to a $1000 that is not even avaliable.

Aside from avid fans a AR fits the bill for most shooters.
A mill spec bolt and extension or netter is going to perform the same in a $400 AR as a $2000 AR. A 39$ Anderson reciver holds pars as well as a $200 reciver and in some cases better.
The US military and many other Nato countries manage to get along with out a pistion driven rifle as have millions of civilians.

Not pumping up the AR just pointing out the reality of the market right now .
I'd prefer a AK but most are not going to shell out $400 extra for average type shooting for a bottom tier AK with crap sights ,tiger and weighing a pound or two more.
Don't blame me for pointing out the obvious.
The reality is 5 million shooters in the US have already made what I'm saying fact .

A 223 AK will do everything a 5.45 one will for the most part and have better ammo options.
If ammo dissappears in 5.45 a rebarrel to 5.56 is not a horrable option.

If you really want a 5.45 buy a kit and build one or have a pro do it. The world is not ending.

>>34528396
You will never stop the hunt
>>
>>34528397
Lying as muffafugga
>>
>>34528396
Thank goodness for my filter :^D
>>
>>34528396
Fag

>>34528406
ow many 5.45 rifles have returned once they were gone?

I can't think of any.

You're failing to realize just how small the 5.45 market is. Why would manufacturers & importers put all the time & money required into getting 5.45 rifles to US shores just to sell a few when they could devote those resources to 7.62 & sell many? If you believe the return of the 104 is guaranteed you don't have a very strong grasp on reality.

I'm certainly not happy about what is happening to the 5.45 AK market. 5.45 is by far my favorite small bore rifle cartridge. However I can clearly see it dying right in front of me. If you can't you need to take a step back & gain some perspective.

I'm not trying to be a fear monger or party pooper. But we all need to be realistic about what is occurring, to do otherwise is just foolish.

SGL31 gone
SLR104 gone
WASR2 gone
CUR2 gone
VEPR gone
Romak2 gone

I'm sure there are others.

New production 5.45 rifles currently available: none.

I'll say it again. 5.45 is in serious trouble. You can accept that or you can't.
>>
>>34528416
You will never stop the Hunt

>>34528422
I like to think that there is enough interest in 5.45 in the US to bring in at least some nice imports in the future. Also, I just want to mention two things.

First, magazines for .223 aks are much harder to find and far more expensive than their 5.45 counterparts. Don't get me started on standardization of .223 ak mags either.

Second, most of what you are saying we already know. I think we all understand that the ar suits most shooters just fine. We Can also agree that .223 aks and 5.45 aks both occupy a niche in the firearms market. ( Why buy a .223 ak when you can buy a 400 dollar ar that performs like a 2000 dollar ar by your logic?)

I don't know about others here, but I don't make my firearm buying decisions based solely on the cheapest available option, in the most readily available cartridge possible, that also has an abundance of spare parts.
I think there are enough like minded people in the states that would make a 5.45 import worth the trouble.
>>
Man I just got my first 545 (a used sgl) over a slr107, it sounds like doom and gloom here lol!
>>
>>34528422
>>34528438
For parts availability and cost of firearms and ammo the AR is the winner or the 7.62 etc.
Magazine availability and non standard magazine compatibility as well as some bolthead and carrier differences are the biggest drawbacks to 5.56 AK pattern firearms.

Otherwise I suspect the 5.56 AK would be more popular than the 5.45 caliber AK., just based on caliber crossover from AR to AK.

Even the AR mag converted PAP's sold pretty well and the individual adaptors are/would be more popular., and would be more so if the adaptors were a bit cheaper and less work to get the feed just right.
I would think the world and US market for 5.45 AK firearms is quite small. Few nations using it as the standard except Russia and many of the NATO eastern euro countries like Poland and others are transitioning to NATO caliber firearms.

Maybe Romania and Bulgaria still have numbers of 5.45 firearms? Dunno?. But the Bulgarian stuff/kits has been coming in for a number of years. Dunno the status of their general carry caliber today.
I think Poland has migrated. Hungary never really went 5.45 nor the former Yugoslavia or Czech Republic etc.
>>
>>34528449
Never had a issue getting a correct 223 mag to fit my rifles.
Tapco and others also make usable mags.

When guys are shelling out nearly a grand for a rifle to shoot steel ammo I don't get the OMG I can't a ford a few correct mags.

I just picked up more weigeras at $20 each they fit my builds and a romy 223.

Not trying to make this about 223 being better we habe that thread . I'm pointing out options and why people don't choose 5.45.

I don't want to see 5.45 go away in guns or ammo.

If you have one stick up on ammo and enjoy your rifle.

Untill AK prices drop to practical levels were going to see more of this type of stuff.

I can buy a lot of differant types of cool fire arms for what importers think a AK is worth.

Right now ARs are killing the AK market.
Not every one is as up on reliabilty and want not they just want a rifle that shoots straight has aftermarket do dad's and good ammo cost. The 7.62x39 holds a better position because it fills a notch 223 dosent and the 300 BO is still more expensive
>>
>>34528449
In Russia everything is connected to Putin, especialy things like ammo, firearms etc. All these factories are under their government (Putin and friends) control. We should understand this issue is not there only, issue is here. Someone in our goverment would like us to hate Trump by pressing on gun owners with such actions. Remember we have everything last year, all rifles and ammo etc. Nobody cares much about Saiga is out while we could buy Vepr or Arsenal, but where are they now? Cheap Russian ammo is only thing which is left, pray for it to stay that way, we will see a lot of crazy market scenarios otherwise.
>>
>>34528463
I hear ya. But still the development of the various 5.56 AK's deviated from the universal magazine, bolt, carrier etc., use. That does create parts exchange and magazine compatibility issues.

The early Century attempt to peddle DDR AK74 mags for the 3 series 5.56 rifles was a bit of a fiasco. The Robinson followers worked to a degree but also confusion.
And there is no universal magazine exchange or pricing as in 7.62 mags. So it become a bit of an issue for owners and builders unless they get it sorted out etc. or are tinkerer/builders to make mods (<5% of firearm owners)

Part of the same reason the Vz58 saw less that universal love., lack of magazine compatibility.

I'd be interested in knowing what countries primarily use 545 other than Russia, but I would bet my life savings that there is far more 556 usage vs 545.

Sucks that Molot is on the list now. Vepr 12 prices were finally coming down enough for me to pick one up, but have a feeling that are at skyrocket prices after the announcement. For 556 I'll stick to my ARs and leave 545 & 762 to my AKs...though I have been thinking about a KS-47 & adding an AA piston kit. I may whittle down my 545 over time & get out of it Idk. With what I have that gives me plenty of time to think about it I think there is enough 545 in the USA to support ammo production & apparently Hornady thinks so too (yes, I know they get the cases from Russia loading here though)...still an American company pursuing the rd

I think the PAPs have done a lot to help with the 5.56 ak, esp after the early 106 debacle coupled with Arsenals infamous "customer support"
>>
What parts are not cross-compatible between stamped and milled? I know furniture but what else?
>>
>>34528474
Your savings are safe.

Outside of Russia, and the Russian Federation "stans", very few actually. With Poland, Bulgaria, and Romania being in NATO now, they are all at various stages of replacement with 5.56, Poland being the farthest along, Romania being the tail end Charlie.

The other "majors" are Armenia, North Korea, Angola, the Vietnamese Navy, and the Greek-Cypriot National Guard.

Aside from a few still holding on to the 7.62x39 in Africa and the ME, likewise Cuba and Venezuela, virtually the rest of the world is 5.56, whether in NATO or not.
>>34528465
>copying things from ak files
Pretty sad desu
>>
File: Amazon sling.jpg (4MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon sling.jpg
4MB, 3006x5344px
So I ordered two of
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J62BYI0/
On Sunday, they shipped Monday and got here today. Can anyone accurately tell me what I'm looking at? Is it an AKM sling? AK-74? Fake? Pic related is one of them, the other is already on a rifle, the buckle thing has a more brass color than it shows in the pictures I took.
>>
>>34528391
As long as there's no Russian Ammo ban, we'll be good.
>>
if people were intellectually honest this would be a big deal. As it stands, if you were a trump opponent your outrage just gets hotter. If you're a Trump supporter you never really cared how he won, as long as he beat Hillary and the liberals.
Trust me , we are almost there. Trump supporters will soon be full, who cares if Putin and Russia helped him win. They just want to be bigots and anti science and thumb their nose at all the people they think look down on them.
>>
>>34528488
With no new production rifles available 5.45 has no ability to attract new shooters.

5.45 is in serious trouble.
>>
File: Obzor markings.jpg (574KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
Obzor markings.jpg
574KB, 1280x850px
Finally got an offer on my StG-58, but I'm not sure if this is legit or not

>Hi , I'm looking several days over your FAL and here we go, I'm infected...
>However,
>I'm leaving tmrw morning for xxxxx lake and be back Saturday later night.
>I'm us citizen, have conc. weapon permit and never bin charge for anything. I'm 65 and like fast dealing...1500 cash and (thinking about whole pac. maybe)
>My name is George and please let me know after you think about my offer.
>Thank uou for your time.
>[phone number that has a correct area code for the area I'm in]
>Text, email.

Does this sound like a scam or just someone with terrible English and grammar?
>>
File: Amazon sling 2.jpg (3MB, 2706x4810px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon sling 2.jpg
3MB, 2706x4810px
>>34528490
Here's a better pic of the stamp and hardware.
>>
>>34528497
oh look, another sky is falling 5,45 thread
>>
>>34528514
Are you watching liberal news to believe in this " russian interference" crap?
>>
>>34528531
No I am listening to the Intelligence Community., CIA, FBI etc., leadership confirming tbe Russian hacking. It is fully documented.
>>34528541
Fuck off newfag
>>
>>34528545
Don't be brainwashed by the mainstream media. Only thing that has been officially documented by those agencies was the hacking of the DNC server. Nothing else has been found.
>>34528541
Shut up retard
>>
>>34528560
Incorrect., over a dozen documentrd instances of Russian hacking. Verified under oath in the Senate hearings by the Director of the CIA eyc.
>>34528541
stay out of this
>>
>>34528514
Honestly if he's local and can do ftf then it's probably legit. Fudds on armslist and shit just can't type for shit most of the time. Bring a friend or two just in case and sell him the rifle if he can meet up
>then send me the extras :^
>>
File: 1494591762446.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494591762446.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>34528507
>>
What the hell is going on??!
>>
>>34528479
The pistol grips, usually, are actually cross compatible. The bolt carriers on a T2/T3 AK and an AKM are usually compatible to a degree, the springs all are, the muzzle brakes are (14x1mm Lh), the front sight posts/drums, the FCG from an AKM is compatible in a milled AK but not the other way around. That's all off the top of my head.
>>
>>34528490
>>34528516
>inb4 this gets buried because of shitposting
Thanks guys
>>
>>34528582
Dumb shitposting.
>>
>>34528590
Shut up
>>
>>34528490
>>34528516
Legit Russian sling. Probably AK-74, specifically, made sometime in the '70s or '80s.
>>
>>34528582
/arg/ is probably in the TS fucking around
>>
>>34528590
>>34528516
>>34528514
This is our m110 csass, which is our work horse these days, but my favorite one is our XM2010. Still, i like m110, they finally get them to the point, that they work and are very reliable. I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures after we plowed through few thousands rounds with suppressor, swamps and some hiking...i couldn't remove suppressor, whole barrel was so gank up - yet, that beast was cycling dry like angry ape is raping bananas.
>>34528490
>www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J62BYI0/
i have one of those on my Saiga
>>
>>34528514
>>34528516
>>34528490
>>34528590
(you)
>>
>>34528608
I hope you're right. It just wasn't the mustard color I associate with the era of slings. Interesting to note that it's actually a bit longer than my previous longest AK sling which was my East German.
>>
>>34528414
about what?
>>
>>34528490
What rifle do you have?
>>
>>34528636
Not every AK sling made in that era was mustard, but all the mustards IIRC are from that era.

Dark green and navy blue (Marine) slings for the -74 are from the same period, I think.
>>
>>34528681
An SLR-104FR. I'll probably put the other one on my Bulgy AK-74 parts kit build once I order my receiver and find a builder.
>>
>>34528696
It's not really dark green and it's definitely not a blue Marine sling.
>>
>>34528701
I've been looking at that same sling on amazon. The sling that came with my WASR is so short it would maybe fit a child soldier, but definitely not me. Let me know how well it works.
>>
File: 1499290401125.png (574KB, 605x558px) Image search: [Google]
1499290401125.png
574KB, 605x558px
HOLY FUCK HOW DO I PUT AN EAST GERMAN FOLDING STOCK ONTO A RIFLE?

I've been finagling with it for four hours and it won't work.
The entire thing will go in perfectly without the grip nut in, but it won't work with the grip nut in the block.

I'm going to explode.
>>
My lower handguard retainer lever is so tight I have to beat it into the locked position with a rubber mallet. This is my first AK, is this normal? I'm worried I'm putting pressure the barrel or something and it's gonna fuck up my accuracy.
>>
>>34528712
works fine. Got one like it on my WASR.
>>
>>34528739
Yes
>>
File: 1497991467829.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1497991467829.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>34528773
>posting AK's in the /akg/ on /k/, a weapons board
What are you, some kind of faggot?
>>
File: new maadi 2.jpg (599KB, 1128x845px) Image search: [Google]
new maadi 2.jpg
599KB, 1128x845px
>>34528738
Put the whole stock assembly in the receiver without the grip nut, then when the stock assembly is in the receiver put the grip screw backwards in the nut (so that when the nut is in place the screw is sticking up through the top of the receiver) and just pry the grip screw in place from the top down

It's hard to explain in text and it's kind of weird but once you get it it makes it way easier
>>
>>34528585
If all of that is cross compatible, then what ISN'T?
>>
>>34528818
The stocks, handguards, rear sights, bolt (but that's a universal with AK's from AK to AK), and of course anything that presses on. Mind you this is just comparing a Russian Type 2 or Type 3 based milled AK to a Russian AKM. Chink guns have their own quirks, different countries AK's have their own quirks.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>34528801
????
>>
File: 1486585865779.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1486585865779.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34528801
How do I get the grip nut past that level?
>>
>>34528738
Holy fuck, just fucking google it or go on youtube. Jesus Christ, fuck you
>>
>>34528865
>he's trying to put it in fucking upside down
Holy shit, fucking gas yourself
>>
>>34528894
Nigga I've followed like 3 different forum instructions and watched 2 YouTube videos over and over.
It's just not working.
>>
File: IMG_8576.jpg (91KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8576.jpg
91KB, 620x400px
>>34528902
He just told me to put the grip screw backwards in the nut.
It was part of the other anon's instructions.
>>
>>34528865
Yeah like that, use the screw as leverage to pry it into place through the stock assembly, not too rough and hold the screw closer to the nut to keep from bending it

Obviously when you've got it in place you can remove the screw, it's just in like that for leverage. Screw it as far down as you can

>>34528892
Put it in at an angle and just get it in, you won't hurt anything

>>34528902
That's what I told him to do fuccboi
>>
Daewoo, you bought one of those 12 dollar RPK slings right? Did you ever get tracking for it? I haven't heard anything from the dude since last night
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34528927
I'm not seeing any angle that will make this work with that tension spring in the way.
Unless I really force it, but I could bend the spring by accident.
>>
File: 20161010_203913.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161010_203913.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Are there any differences between an rpks stock/ mechanism and an rpk74m stock/mechanism?

Pls help

(Also fuck usps for losing my east german bakes pouch and kit)
>>
>>34529001
Remove your safety for some more room, maybe even your FCG. You want to come in at as much of a horizontal angle as you can, the spring will get out of the way
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34529035
Thank you so much.
>>
>>34529079
np famalam, it's a pain in the butt at first but once you get it it's easy enough, it's just kinda hard to explain with only text
>>
>>34529006
Same other then the latch is a little different. (One RPKS is smooth while the RPK74M has little grippy bumps)
>>
>>34529101
But will it work on a 74m trunnion?
>>
>>34529101
I have a folding vepr 74 that I wish to put a rpk stock on and I need the stock with it's hardware I found one in the files for $80 with a stock is it possible to put it on muh gun?
>>
>>34529109
RPKs work with RPKS, RPK on AK74M no
>>
File: 20170713_020435.jpg (619KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170713_020435.jpg
619KB, 2048x1152px
>>34529142
So I can use an rpks stock with it's hinge and shit on this
>>
>>34529177
Yep
>>
Does anyone else ever get nervous putting the dust cover back on their AK?

I know you're supposed to guide it into the slot behind the RSB and then just slap it into place, but I always get worried I'm gonna damage the button or the top cover. Same kinda goes for removing the BCG, though that I'm significantly less worried about since it's not a piece of sheet metal.
>>
>>34529221
I love you in the gayest way
Thank you

If I ever run into you irl I'll buy you some beer or something
>>
>>34529242
Really? It's an AK brother, drop it, kick it, it will still work. Stop treating it like a newborn baby.

How are you worried about removing the BCG? I am very confused as to how you are afraid of hurting your rifle.
>>
>>34529253
For sure dude. if you go back a couple threads Chimps put an RPK74M butt stock on his vepr
>>
>>34529242
The better question is what do you think you can actually do to harm the rifle? I assure you your fears are un-founded.
>>
>guy on armslist emailing me about my 6.5g
>not sure if i'd use the money on fal receiver or new izmash pso-1
IT HURTS
>>
File: rapid deploy.webm (78KB, 320x568px) Image search: [Google]
rapid deploy.webm
78KB, 320x568px
>>34529242
Just line it up and push. I can't even do the slap on my SLR-104 because the cut for the top cover is a little too shallow, it just falls out if there's no pressure
>>
File: IMG_1866.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1866.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I'm ready for your reeeeeee's
>>
>>34529622
Is this an IO?
>>
>>34527364
I'm trying to understand the kit guide in the pastebin, what kind of a kit would you guys recommend using for a kit build?
>>
>>34529671
Depends what type of AK you want. If this is your first AK at all you might be getting into more than you'd like without full knowledge of what you're doing
>>
>>34529685
I want to get as close to the Russian aesthetic as possible, and I'm looking for the challenge in building from a kit, but I'm a bit limited on machining space should it come down to that.
>>
>>34529710
I'd look up all the tools you need to accomplish a kit, it's more than likely more than what you have. And what era of Russian aesthetic? 60s AKM, 70s AKS, 80s AKS, 90s+ AK-74M?
>>
>>34529721
I'm looking more at the 90's AK-74M aesthetic
>>
>>34529735
Yea man that's gonna be ridiculously expensive to do from a kit then. You'd be better off grabbing an SLR-104FR or an SGL 31-94 if you want to get a little bit closer to the real deal. The only reason to do a 74M from a kit is if you're gonna use a 74uLLC receiver and import a bunch of pieces
>>
>>34529749
Okay, I can settle for and SLR-104, what would be a better way to go kit-wise?
>>
>>34529775
It depends what you want man, there's a whole bunch of them out there but you don't wanna go through the PITA to build a kit you don't really care for but you also don't wanna spend 1k on a box of parts without knowing what you want
>>
>>34529785
Which ones do you prefer?
>>
>>34529803
Is this prank
>>
>>34529810
Is no prank, looking for opinions so I know where to start
>>
>>34529833
Start with the AKs you like the most then, this is like asking me what food to eat. Do you own any yet?
>>
>>34529622
>N-PAP with a bunch of shit on it
Um, okay?
>>
>>34529837
Not any AK's no
>>
>>34527364
Why do people on places like AK Files get so booty blasted when I say that maybe they shouldn't depend on Russia so much for ammo when places like Ukraine, Serbia, Bosnia/Herzogovina and Yugoslavia among other places are producing 7.62x39 at the same quality and around the same price?

I got called an MSNBC watcher for suggesting that we should probably think about giving money to a country that hates democracy.
>>
>>34529848
What do you own?
>>
>>34529622
I mean feet kind of gross me out but this isn't AK Files, bro. People aren't going to shit on you just for wanting to put nice things on your AK. What buttstock adapter is it? It's not my thing but I've heard terrible things about the Rifle Dynamics adapter.
>>
>>34529852
I have the obligatory nugget, AR-15, an old Winchester 22LR pump action, a Garand, and a CZ 12ga. Left over from when I shot competitively
>>
>>34529873
Get a WASR
>>
>>34529881
Will do, thanks for the assistance.
>>
>>34529873
Eh, I'd recommend getting something already built first unless you know someone who has already built AKs from kits that can do it with you. It's a lot of handfitting that's easy to fuck up if you don't know what you're doing. And paying a good builder is pretty expensive as well
>>
>>34529628
ew, no
>>34529862
I figured it would have triggered some people that I cut the hand guard retainer off from the gas tube. Nope its and ACE folding stock adapter. I haven't had any problems with it so far, it's quite solid.
>>
>>34529910
I have a bolt-on retainer and Romanian furniture on my Saiga so I'm not really one to be talking lol.
>>
>>34528852
>(but that's a universal with AK's from AK to AK)
What?
>>
>>34529956
Bolts in one individual AK won't headspace in another individual AK/
>>
>>34529956
He means that AK bolts aren't interchangeable
>>
File: 1499301627016.jpg (345KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
1499301627016.jpg
345KB, 1024x679px
How much should I spend on a bakelite? I don't care about collectability or anything I just want a bake to have something nice. I don't feel like paying 70+ to have one shipped to my house but if I probably won't find one at a show for ~40 then I might as well just get it online because parking and entrance will be about $15.
>>
>>34528852
>>34529987
>>34529988
Okay thanks. Newfag question, but regarding "anything that presses on", what does this mean? Accessories, or actual parts of the gun? What would be examples?
>>
>>34530039
>barrel
>gas block
>rear sight base
>front sight base
>barrel pin
>barrel component pins
>anything riveted in, especially the trunnions in the stamped receiver rifles
There's more beyond that as well. Just tell us which AK you have or are looking at and we'll help you out since, as I mentioned before, it's more complicated than just milled vs stamped
>>
>>34530038
5.45: $35 shipped
7.62: $35-$45 shipped, depending on variant (UT, flatback, ridgeback, long top, etc. Flatbacks are usually cheaper)
>>
>>34530057
Shit I cant find them for that cheap, all I see are 50-60 and I know shipping will bring it to about 70 easily. I know people dont like spoonfeeding here but honestly where do you find these? Flatbacks being cheaper would be one that I get but is there any structural differences that would affect durability?
>>
>>34530074
AK Files mostly. There's some FB groups that deal in AK stuff too.

If you just want *a* bakelite, get a flatback and don't sweat it. Bakelite 7.62 mags went through a number of revisions to improve durability and ease of production, and if memory serves correctly the flatback was the last revision before production shifted to AK-74 bakelites. The mass production makes them more common and cheaper too.
>>
>>34530136
Thanks homeslice, I'll keep my eyes open on the files now, I was looking at online stores and everything was either out of stock or jewy.
>>
>>34528074
Ras47 is decent rifle. Not the best but still good
>>
>>34530053
I am interested in Arsenals, and specifically what parts are and are not compatible between stamped and milled Arsenals. (and even different versions of the milled Arsenals, like SLR 101 vs SAM7R) Thanks
>>
>>34530176
What specifically would you want to change up? Are you looking for a more classic rifle? Tacticool? Polymer minimalist?
>>
>>34530176
Bruh
>>
File: IMG_3446.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3446.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>34530436
Gonna need a timestamp, and if you can provide that, I doubt you kept more than a couple.
>>
>>34530476
That pic has been posted before so I doubt it's his.
>>
File: 13679469.jpg (132KB, 1280x622px) Image search: [Google]
13679469.jpg
132KB, 1280x622px
>>34530480
I thought as much, but I've been imbibing for Whiskey Wednesday, so I figured I give the benefit of the doubt.
>Where are your Bakes, friend?
>Full disclosure, these are not mine.
>>
How is the over all quality of the Serbian Pap 92 pistol? I want to make one into an SBR but I don't want to pay tax and wait forever just for a gun that will shit on me in the long run
>>
>>34530629
They're alright. I'd get a Romanian Draco though
>>
>>34530637
pros and cons of each?
>>
>>34530640
Draco accepts regular AKM furniture and regular AKM/AK muzzle brakes/flash hiders (14x1mm LH threads), etc
>>
>>34530645
Any known mechanical problems with the PAP? Im not so much worries about the furniture and muzzle devices.
>>
>>34530656
>Im not so much worries about the furniture and muzzle devices.
You will be
>Any known mechanical problems with the PAP?
Ever seen those pictures of the Serbian AK factories?
>>
is the folding vepr 12's mechanism compatible with AK folding stocks?
>>
>>34530730
No
>>
File: 2017-04-22_20.34.58.jpg (2MB, 1610x2690px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-22_20.34.58.jpg
2MB, 1610x2690px
>>34530656
I love paps and i love Romanian shit. I like the pap better than draco. I have multiple pieces of furniture to swap around and muzzle devices arent bad. Your preference though
>>
>>34530735
different mechanism entirely than ak/rpk 74 or 100 series?
was thinking about picking one up before they're gone but the combination of that awful stock/cheek pad and having no idea what i'd use it for besides wasting ammo or impressing trashy retards kind of leaves me at a loss, as nice as a fresh range toy would be. thanks for the quick answer.
>>
File: 1471819214872.jpg (58KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1471819214872.jpg
58KB, 500x333px
>>34530139
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265312

I just bought three of these. Hasn't shipped them yet, but I'm hoping he will soon.
>>
File: IMG_5439.jpg (957KB, 3264x1707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5439.jpg
957KB, 3264x1707px
>>34530754
The RPK hardware is totally different from AK folding hardware. You can put an RPK folding stock on there but you'll also need the stock mounting bracket which isn't usually available loose.

The tube folders actually aren't that bad imo, the real kicker is how heavy they are.
>>
File: Vepr 12.jpg (2MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Vepr 12.jpg
2MB, 2000x1333px
>>34530774
I just hate the cheek piece.
>>
File: bakes.jpg (4MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bakes.jpg
4MB, 3000x2000px
>>34527364
I need some Tula 5.45 bakes.
>>
File: 20170713_141703.jpg (2MB, 4127x1401px) Image search: [Google]
20170713_141703.jpg
2MB, 4127x1401px
Bought front wooden handguard and it doesn't fit, now there's like a pound of ducktape on my airshit.
>>
>>34530886
>>>/toy/
>>>/asp/
>>
File: IMG_20170702_055803.jpg (242KB, 1410x793px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170702_055803.jpg
242KB, 1410x793px
>>34530937
>/toy/

No.
>>
If I got some NPZ PK1s imported would they be a popular buy on the files and forums?
>>
File: IMG_20170709_081942_397.jpg (3MB, 3580x1874px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170709_081942_397.jpg
3MB, 3580x1874px
>>34528955
I already have it. Never got tracking tho. Took like 2 days to get here.
>>
File: 1498944094358.jpg (78KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
1498944094358.jpg
78KB, 640x634px
>>34530173
It literally can blow up due to poor metallurgy and is assembled by the same drunken monkeys working in Century's sweatshops who just somehow learned to import the WASR a little better and apparently don't own headspace gauges
>>
>>34531042
Probably not unless you had a massive margin and patience. People buy them but they don't exactly go quick
>>
>>34530862
>Mfw I kept extra Tula 5.45 bakes from last bulk purchase with trench art and armory markings
>>
File: Snapchat-1337592225.jpg (606KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1337592225.jpg
606KB, 1440x2560px
>>34527404
new kitty rate pls
>>
File: Keyholes.jpg (121KB, 800x1176px) Image search: [Google]
Keyholes.jpg
121KB, 800x1176px
AK 74 question here. Do you have to keep the barrels fairly clean? I own 2 AK 74's and they will keyhole every few rounds if I don't clean the barrel after a couple hundred rounds. I was shooting WPA Military Classic which I've read keyholes as well.

Rifles are James River Armory and a DDI.
>>
>>34531416
They are shot out or they have 5.56 barrels.
>>
>>34531416
Fucking christ, reminds me of when I had a Century Tantal.
>>
>>34531470
>>34531477
Pic is not mine, just a random pic of key holing. If I clean the barrel there is no more keyholing.
>>
File: IMG_2999.jpg (226KB, 1280x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2999.jpg
226KB, 1280x507px
>>34531416
I've had one single keyhole in my paper targets since 2009 when I bought mine.
I barely ever clean my 74 with an original bulgarian military barrel. And especially not since 2012 or so when I quit shooting any corrosive ammo.
>>
>>34531282
heil/10
>>
File: old ammo stores.jpg (2MB, 3129x1723px) Image search: [Google]
old ammo stores.jpg
2MB, 3129x1723px
>>34531416
>WPA Military Classic
>keyholes
Lol fuck, the two spam cans w/ paper wrapped stuff and the wooden crate is all WPA Military Classic 5.45 ;_;
>>
>>34531758
I've shot plenty of that military classic and have not had one issue
>>
>>34531791
I hope you're right. I haven't had any issues myself either but you never know...
>>
>>34531416
Thats what you grt for shit american barrels.
>>
>>34531800
>>34531791
To be fair, the little shooting I've done from my stash has all been out of my SLR-104FR, so my lack of issues might be that it's the right rifle with the right rifling for it..
>>
File: Screenshot_20170713-102703.png (58KB, 720x387px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170713-102703.png
58KB, 720x387px
>tfw PSA gives you a full refund without having to return your top handguard
I've learned my lesson about American AKs. WASR soon.
>>
>>34531758
>>34531758
Keyholing is always a rifle problen, not an ammo problem.
>>
>>34528108
Sad to think that you used to buy AKs for $300-$400 and have nice AKs, now you have to spend $800-$1000+ to get good AKs like Arsenal, Def. Arms, RD, etc. Why couldn't I have been born back in the day. Why!?
>>
What seperates a good AK from a bad AK. Is it the quality of the assembly or the strength of the parts? Say between a RAS47 and an SLR-107
>>
>>34527675
Wow I couldn't get past the sense of ENTITLEMENT I felt from your post. What a millennial.
When I was your age, I had a job and I worked 200 hours a week. I ONLY did acid on weekends.
>>
>>34531951
Just between those two, it's largely the strength of parts. RAS47s are usually built "correctly" but the trunnions, bolt and carrier are all soft cast metal. However, the 107 is built pretty much exactly how an AK should be built with none of the RAS' deviations and doesn't look retarded.
>>
Hey /akg/,new to AK's and looked at the buyers guide. It doesnt say anything about Romanian BFPU-FS AK's manufactured by Atlantic Firearms. Are they any good?
Im stuck between a Zastava N-PAP or just a Yugo-SKS to hold me over until I can save up for an Arsenal or Vepr.
>>
>>34531982
So if I were building a parts kit AK with Rifle Dynamics come November, it'll essentially be "Arsenal Quality" in the sense that it's a properly built Bulgarian parts kit? (I'm assuming we're using bulgarian kits)
>>
>>34528140
Strike Hard Gear or 7.62 Tactical
>>
>>34532020
Get a wasr. Yugo npaps are hit or miss
>>
Not to turn this into a blog post but I've blogposted about this before and you guys are generally pretty nice, I don't really have anyone to talk about this with though so you guys are it
>mum dies
>etc
>get fat
>turn 21 a month ago
>can't renew my license under after I turn 21
>take a shower
>brush my teeth
>the fucking sink water is brown
>city is flushing fire hydrants and pushing all sorts of iron and other mineral sediments into everyone's fucking water
>realize I just too a fucking shower in that
>call city
>lol sorry, we'll be done in a few hours
>get dressed
>go to the DMV
>do it all
>realize I'm fat as fuck now (gained about 100lbs since the last license pic)
>start to laugh/die on the inside
>essentially dump my whole story awkwardly on the DMV lady as I walk off once I'm done with my business
>get in my car
>turn on the radio
>"BREEEAK ME DOWN"
>it's fucking link related: https://youtu.be/e9dJv9KNc1Q
>instant urge to just kill myself because the song and the circumstance almost make me cry
>almost cause a wreck on the way back because I don't a two way stop isn't a four way stop
>get home
>cradle Stoyanka in her new sling
>>
Are milled or stamped AKs easier to work on, fix, clean, field strip, etc?
>>
>tfw no AIMS-74/WASR-2 imports
I just want a funny Romanian almost-AK-74
Cugir could make them for us too, no problem
>>
File: 07.13 (1).jpg (3MB, 2706x4810px) Image search: [Google]
07.13 (1).jpg
3MB, 2706x4810px
>>34532108
Forgot shitty pic
>>
>>34530180
>>34530191
Not looking to modify anything, I just want ease of replacing any parts that are prone to breaking in a SHTF scenario. I like the idea of a milled AK, but supposedly stamped are easier to get replacement parts for.
>>
>>34532108
Are you suicidal?
>>
>>34530173
No.
They're absolute pieces of shit.
Only good if you don't shoot a lot.

If you intend to put over 5k rounds through it then you need a rifle with better metal.
>>
>>34532154
Nope. I've transcended my mortal coil dude, I'm fucking Buddha or some shit. Seriously though, I'm not. Haven't done any stupid shit and don't plan to. Suffering is better than feeling nothing at all so I'm glad I at least have that.
>>
>>34532148
The parts you'd have to replace on a milled Type 3 based rifle, like the firing pin, extractor, springs, gas tube, etc are generally compatible with most AKM stuff.
>>
>>34532163
Normal people don't spill their guts to the lady at the DMV. Prior to that when was the last time you talked face to face with a human? Other than pleasantries or ordering a meal.
>>
>>34532154
>>34532163
I should mention that I exaggerated a bit for effect
>just got the sads, didn't want to kill self
>the car coming from the non-stop part of the intersection was just going about 5-10 mph over the speed limit/faster than I expected and I'm pretty anal about being patient while driving so this time I was slightly less patient.
>>
>>34532177
Most people don't lose their mom before they turn 21 either. That shit's heavy.
>>
>>34532177
>>34532182
I mean I didn't spill my guts out, I just asked her something like
>if I come in in a year or two, without renewing my license, can I change my picture?
>Yeah?!?
>thank, it's been a rough year and a half
>Medication??!?! (in a worried inflection)
>Nope, just my mom died and yeah
>Oh, okay well you'll figure it out
>Thanks
>>
>>34532187
I should have unfucked myself though given that it happened when I was 19. Whatever, not worried about it. If I wasn't worried about doxxing or face/meme fagging I'd post the old and new pictures just for the lulz. Definitely made me realize that I need to get my shit together though and stop making excuses
>>
>>34532197
I just think you should talk to a specialist, not the DMV lady
>>
File: 3 shots.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
3 shots.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>34530774
>>34530850
I like both stock styles, but on a really hot sweaty day shooting clays, that rubber cheek piece can rub my face raw by the end. I feel like I need to buy some baby powder or something.
Life would be suffering with a vepr12 if you didn't have the rubber pad on your shoulder though, it can be pretty high shock. The rpk clubfoot wouldn't be much fun on it, especially with high power 12ga loads. It'd probably be fine with anything up to 308/54r recoil since that's fairly tame.
>>
>>34532293
>talking to shrinks
No thanks. Also
>wanting to get prescribed something or "diagnosed"
It'd literally be
>wow, yeah you're super sad and things because dead mom and you've had no closure XD now gibs insurance info
>>
>>34532108
>naming your rifle
>naming your rifle something as fucking gay as Stoyanka
>referring to your rifle by it's made up gay name
>>
>>34532357
>not naming your rifles
>not naming them country appropriate
>not giving them cute girl names
>>
>>34532314
What animal?

>>34532330
Therapists can't prescribe or diagnose you anything. They're just there to talk. Psychiatrists are the pill dispensers. Big difference between the two.
>>
>>34532394
>>
>>34532394
>Therapists can't prescribe or diagnose you anything. They're just there to talk.
Fair enough. Not really sure what talking about it would really do though.
>>
>>34532429
>>34532394
Or at least talking about it with someone I'd be paying to talk to. It's pretty much emotional prostitution
>>
Yo chimps post rpk74m progress
>>
>>34532033
Rifle Dynamics is kind of a joke company that is too expensive for what they are.
>>
>>34532450
>b-but muh Saiga's and SLR's with custom bolt on gas blocks!
>>
>>34532440
I second this.
>Mfw you are struggling not to think about it and this reminds you of it
>>
>>34529849
It's 2017, people get their feelings hurt about anything now a days.
>>
>>34529849
>a country that hates democracy
XAXAXAXAXAXA
>>
>>34532455
>b-b-b-but muh folding M4 stock adaptor made of chalk
>>
>>34532168
So that means those parts will be cross-compatible between different brands, as well as between stamped and milled, so going stamped versus milled doesn't really matter regarding replacement parts?
Thanks
>>
>>34532474
Oh hey look its an AKFiles Russiaboo. How's the krokodil treating you? I hope your pimp isn't beating you too hard before he sells you to the Muslims.
>>
>>34530640
The Draco has a chrome lined barrel, the pap has a bare steel barrel. Don't be confused between the Romanian import Draco and the new US built Draco century is promoting, nothing is known about it. Get the import if you go Draco, not the US built one.
>>
>>34532494
Brands don't matter, what matters is model of rifle and what the rifle is based off of/country of origin. I'd just go ahead and stock up on spare springs, extractors, firing pins, etc and don't delude yourself into thinking that when SHTF you'll be picking this stuff off of dead bodies. It's unlikely you'll be able to shoot enough to wear out an extractor, firing pin, or spring more than once in the barrel's lifetime.
>>
>>34532506
>Russiaboo
I hate Putin and his United Russia shitstain internationalist controlled false-right as much as anyone else. I don't pick sides when both sides are controlled and operated by the same financial global clique. Go ahead and fall for the meme's about democracies btw, if you think a Democracy with it's classes of democracy makers is any different than a corrupt system like Russia full of Oligarchs and it's state owned media, you have another thing coming.
>>
File: IMG_5429.jpg (1MB, 3065x1973px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5429.jpg
1MB, 3065x1973px
>>34532399
Nice. There's a groundhog I've been trying to blast but I usually spook it before I see him. If I had a shotgun I would've already taken a shot at it but with a rifle I'm more careful about where the bullet is gonna find its final resting place.

>>34532436
Mental health therapists don't really bring home that much. The hourly rate seems high but keep in mind that the receptionists have to get paid and the lights have to stay on, the janitor has to get paid, the building lease has to be paid.. etc. You don't become a mental health therapist/counselor to get rich. So keep that in mind. I've also been to early 20's groups that are basically done at a loss. They were a lot of help.

>>34532440
>>34532463
It's here>>34530774
Plus
>>
How hard is it to install a side rail on a 107R? I got one for a good price but I want to put a PK-A Venezuela on it.
>>34531926
They gave you a refund? Fuck, they just threw a new bolt in mine and told me to kick rocks.
>>
>>34532580
I originally sent it in for repair but asked for a refund after a few weeks. They've been pretty good to me as far as customer service is concerned. When I lost or simply didn't get my pin retainer (don't know which) they sent me a new one for free.
>>
>>34532580
>>34532616
The 107-11(107r) comes with a side rail already mounted to the receiver for optics. Do you mean the SAM7?
>>
>>34532692
Fuck I meant 107f
>>34532616
It took me a couple months to get them to even send me a label to send it in, they didn't tell me when they got it, what they did to it, or when they sent it back. It just showed up one day and I had to email them to find out what had been fixed.
>>
>>34532538
Thanks for the help totally-not-Chimps-who-forgot-to-put-his-trip-back-on-after-shitposting-on-r9k-about-opiods. What did you need help with/your story if you don't mind me asking?
`
>>
>>34532780
The 107fr comes with a side rail too.
>>
>>34532835
It's not a 107fr, it's a 107f. Folding stock, no rail.
>>
>>34532780
>107f
lol, it's FR you nigger
>>
>>34532862
>things that don't exist for $500 Alex
>>
File: IMG_5619.jpg (960KB, 3823x2025px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5619.jpg
960KB, 3823x2025px
wtf
>>
>>34532887
What?
>>
>>34532879
>>34532885
but they do exist
>>
>>34532900
Got some proof?
>>
File: IMG_5620.jpg (23KB, 730x229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5620.jpg
23KB, 730x229px
>>34532908
Here
>>
>>34532920
Nice shoop you dumb fag
>>
>>34532908
They exist on Arsenal's website but I've never seen one irl
>>
File: 20170708_194204-5258x2958.jpg (2MB, 5258x2958px) Image search: [Google]
20170708_194204-5258x2958.jpg
2MB, 5258x2958px
>>34532879
>>34532885
Weird that I know this then
>>
>>34532939
Own*
>>
File: IMG_5621.jpg (185KB, 749x1025px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5621.jpg
185KB, 749x1025px
>>34532924
>>34532937
When you summerfaggots going to get off your moms kindle fire. It's summer you should be outside swinging sticks at brambles and building jumps
>>
>>34532885
>things that don't exist

https://youtu.be/Ab54f9eFp_E

This is how I know you're new.
>>
File: IMG_7421.jpg (33KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7421.jpg
33KB, 259x194px
Need a hand with two things, lads.
Price check on PSO-1, not trying to get jew'd by a seller and overpay. Also looking for a good service provider for a custom blue wood finish, not 100% on who to go to. Seeing if anyone here has had some wood set off, I don't trust myself to not fuck it up.
>>
File: IMG_5623.jpg (3MB, 2762x3314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5623.jpg
3MB, 2762x3314px
>>34532895
prototypical
>>
File: They-Do-Exist-Commercial[1].jpg (33KB, 768x506px) Image search: [Google]
They-Do-Exist-Commercial[1].jpg
33KB, 768x506px
>>34532900
uh-oh
>>
>>34532788
Search "barricaded" in the archive by posts under "chimps". Nothing as bad as my mom dying.

>>34532887
I like the early combos with those slanted sides
>>
>>34533081
Me too. I haven the pinned down their exact manufacturing date but a lot of the mid late 90s to early 2000s have a neat retro modern quality to them. Side note; slings from that era are super hard to come by
>>
File: IMG_5625.jpg (2MB, 2770x3228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5625.jpg
2MB, 2770x3228px
>If I can quit buying new guns and have my Saiga converted
>>
>>34533136
Gibs 104 parts nigger
>>
File: DSC00156.jpg (151KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00156.jpg
151KB, 640x480px
>>34528773
>>34528878
Your kitty is gorgeous.
>>
File: IMG_5630.jpg (359KB, 1499x2047px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5630.jpg
359KB, 1499x2047px
>>34533197
Oh HO HO HO HO eat shit and die friend
>>
File: IMG_5637.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5637.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I wasn't aware of black flecks prior to this stock
>>
>>34533279
Black flecks look better than plum flecks 2bh
>>
File: IMG_5639.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5639.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>34533330
It's a neat piece, rough af
>>
>>34533374
>dick proof stamp
>>
File: Screenshot_20170713-120833.jpg (165KB, 471x537px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170713-120833.jpg
165KB, 471x537px
>>34533374
Bruh
>>
File: IMG_5421.jpg (2MB, 4032x1780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5421.jpg
2MB, 4032x1780px
Just for comparison
>tfw need to put muh russiashit away and go work
>>
>>34533279
>>34533374
>>34533510
This is an area of collecting that has been calling my name for a while and that I've been resisting, 74m furniture is really cool and there's a lot of variations to collect but I don't want to spend money
>>
File: tmp_668-MlHm0Zg259991320.gif (979KB, 331x255px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_668-MlHm0Zg259991320.gif
979KB, 331x255px
>>34533374
>>
File: 2Edgy.jpg (247KB, 1200x859px) Image search: [Google]
2Edgy.jpg
247KB, 1200x859px
>>34532530
>>
>>34533594
In total it's a pretty ridiculous amount of money for an AK, unfortunately I wasn't as autistic pre Saiga ban. The market is drying up so fast it's amazing to watch. So I'll have my protoish 104 and that will be that, I love the new old contradiction.
>tldr hurry if you're interested, parts seem to be getting more scarce every week
>>
>>34533858
I'm just not in the market for it really, once I get my 88 kit built Im pretty sure I'll be done with buying AKs. I do eventually want a proper 74m clone but that's something I can collect parts for over time, and maybe someday a nice East German kit, but honestly I think I'll be set with two 5.45 rifles and three 7.62x39 rifles
>>
New thread

>>34533939

>>34533939

>>34533939
>>
>>34532113
bump for answer
>>
>>34532516
Yeah I'm not planning on scavenging parts but more if it's not an all-out every man for himself but there's still traders/shops with limited supplies of common parts. Not that I think it WILL be that way, just that it could.
So regarding those parts (spring, extractor, firing pin etc) will they be cross-compatible between stamped and milled/AKM vs AK47 vs AK74 etc, assuming same country of origin?
Thanks
>>
>>34532113
>>34534142
stamped has no real drawbacks, only advantages like being cheaper/easier to make, and lighter weight
if you need extra toughness, then they use a stamped rpk receiver which is thicker
>>
>>34534226
Okay thanks. I want Arsenal, and the arguments for stamped make sense, but most Arsenal AKs are milled. So let's say I go milled just because it's easier to get my hands on. Would I be going wrong?
>>
>>34532125
Why don't they do this, though? Fuck it, I'd buy one for 650.
>>
>>34531947

i would be okay with spending 1000$ and have on good ars and ak's, it is shit when companies cut fucking corners and make a shitty product thats shits up the market to where their product is everywhere and good quality guns that are more expensive, n-pap o-pap wasr,arsenal etc are no where to be found
>>
>>34532108
That's really rough man, sorry to hear you're going through these tough times. Stick it out, if you can find the will to do so start doing things that improve yourself. In the end you're the most important person in your life. Weight gain is hard to deal with, just try to deal with what you can control and leave the rest. You've got this.
>>
>>34534312
>most arsenal aks are milled
Uh...no?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.