[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else tired of buying ARs and carry pistols? Why is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 19

File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Anyone else tired of buying ARs and carry pistols?

Why is the American gun market so boring now?
>>
>>34502198
Because the NRA shilled for import sanctions.
>>
>>34502198
massive wave of new gun owners
theyre just catering to the new demographic
>>
>>34502204
Parts kits all dried up? Century CETMES were apparently the last of those kits.
>>
My inner /x/phile says that "they" have specifically made sanctions against fun guns to nip the next generation of hardcore gun nuts in the bud.
>>
>>34502198
Yes we,re all tired of buying guns that not only perform well with a massive aftermarket, but are also some of the most economical and easily accessed in history.
>>
>>34502228
That's fucking upsetting. I really really wanted a good AK74 parts kit with an attached barrel.
>>
>>34502243
ARs aren't even modern, they just happen to be where American manufacturing and tooling is invested.

They're outdated like most firearms the public commonly has access too. I've got more ARs than I need already.
>>
>>34502265
Ok chief. You let me know about all the other $500 alternatives.
>>
>>34502238
wrong
>>34502243
correct

It's basically like what happened to the home computer market in the 90s. The market standardized around a single platform that was cheap and had an infinite aftermarket. This made a lot of fans of competing systems really mad, but it made purchasing decisions a lot easier for people who didn't really care about comparative merit and just wanted to get something cheap and decent.
>>
There's still loads of other guns on the market, don't be so myopic.
>>
>>34502279
How old are you?

Seriously. You don't have to be older than 25-26 and you should be able to answer that question yourself.

You could literally buy all sorts of pistol caliber carbines, AKs, and bolt guns all day for less than $500 5 years ago.

You could literally buy an RPK with bipod and new CHF CL bull barrel for $500. VZ58 clone for $400.
>>
>>34502349
Gunbroker for twice what they cost a few years ago isn't what I'd consider "on the market".
>>
>>34502396
you think you're jaded, try being a canadian gun owner just now having enough money to get his license and start buying. Its gonna be real fucking slow working up my collection. The one thing I was so excited for, the cheap SVT-40's, stopped being cheap like a year ago, now their fucking double the price. I fucking feel ya man.
>>
>>34502380
Oh the market yeara ago isn't the same today? Well fuck who would've ever imagined that would happen? I am almost certainly older than you. My first WASR was 260 out the door. But they can't be made that cheap anymore. And that's what people want; cheap working guns. The AR is the only platform that can do that now, which means it's gonna be the only thing people make. So unless you want to spend 1500+ on a gun, get used to it.
>>
>>34502349
It's objectively far worse than it was even 4 years ago.

Naturally as soon as I get a well paying job, the firearms market turns to shit. There were far more deals when I was broke, so many things I can't get for less than double the price they were readily available at a few years back.

Things that basically don't exist anymore:

>Marlin 1894c's/lever-guns that aren't shit
>RPKs
>SKS's/Mosin's/Milsurp at reasonable prices
>Retro AR-15's
>HK P7's for < $1000
>Garands and Carbines that aren't shot out

Basically the market is now just cheap polymer autos, cheap low-quality AR-15's, and cheap bolt action durr rifles. All the variety has been destroyed.

What's even worse is the build quality of everything (especially American made) has also gone down hill. It seems like everyone looked at what Remington was doing, and said "Hmm that seems like a great idea." The market is fixated on cheap semi-disposable firearms. Melonite or untreated barrels, low quality polymer parts pigeonholed in, and cheap single coat spray on finishes. Judging from the tooling marks and overall lack of craftsmanship, these decisions where only made with the bottom line in mind, and not because of "improved material technologies." I suspect it's a side-effect of the economy being shit for near a decade now. Demand has adjusted to what people can still afford, and it's pretty obvious how badly American's have been fleeced.

Only upside is ammo is cheap, and this is forcing me to save a bit of money.
>>
>>34502644
>Only upside is ammo is cheap
.308, 5.56 and .22lr are cheap. Literally everything else is still at prices from four years ago
>>
>>34502621
They can be made that cheap, just not here in America since we invested in the AR.
>>
>>34502644
>What's even worse is the build quality of everything (especially American made) has also gone down hill.
If you're not milling out your own AR-15 lower from an 80% and 3D printing most of the other parts that aren't super stress bearing then you don't even /k/.
>>
>>34502679
Good point, I pretty much only buy guns in a few common chamberings so my perspective is a bit skewed.

>.22lr, 9mm, .38/.357, 5.56, 7.62x39, 7.62x51, 7.62x54r

Cheap 7.62x54r doesn't exist anymore either.
>>
>>34502644
To be fair, nitrite and melonite are durable finishes.
>>
>>34502703
Oh but I am. Admittedly it was far more fun re-building AK parts kits for < $400. AR builds are super repetitive.
>>
>>34502722
And the cost savings are getting so small its almost better to let the poor gun smith make his $9.50/hour.
>>
>>34502744
It's less about money and more about 213374u unregistered guns
>>
>>34502720
They are, but they're used as a cheap substitute for chrome. They don't do as well under thermal stress as chrome does. untreated < nitride < chrome

If it was just the adoption of nitride in isolation I'd be less skeptical. But along with all the other cut-corners, it's obvious that the industry as a whole is suffering.

Really it's the fact that American's are poorer than ever. The economy just can't support what it used to. So eveything is abbreviated.
>>
Fuck ar fags. Go back to your containment thread.
>>
>>34502198
nothing exciting or new. that's why I went to building retro AR's.
>>
>>34502204
found the crybaby. do you blame the boomers for the bad economy too?
>>
>>34502840
You could readily get M16 parts kits for $500 back then. Now it's $250 for a stripped beat to shit A1 upper.

Also good luck finding a decent barrel.
>>
I'm disappointed in the pistol marked specifically.

>oh boy, another polymer frame striker fired just hit the market, whoopty doo
>>
>>34502800
You're right. And it definitely comes down to cost savings. But the differences are only going to be noticeable with full-auto firing. Otherwise, nitrite can offer a few benefits.. Easier to clean and slightly harder. Possible accuracy benefits.

I know I'll never shoot out my chrome lined AKs or ARs. But I probably won't shoot out my nitride barrels, either.
>>
>>34502848
Only hes right you NRA shill.

NRA backed the import sanctions on eastern bloc firearms.
>>
>>34502903
Agreed. I wish it was more common than untreated barrels in bolt actions, seeing as it offers a bunch of advantages, but doesn't impact accuracy quite like chrome does.

Really chrome is best for high use autos and semi-autos. Everywhere else nitride is probably the best choice.
>>
>>34502848
How much does the NRA pay you?
>>
>>34502198
There are plenty of fun guns, you fagots just neeed to suck it up and buy them in order to make the market shift to different guns.

Instead of owning 7 ARs one for HD, one for suppressor use, one for long range use, one for competition, an A4gery for fun, an M4gery for fun, a do everything SHTF rifle, a do everything SHTF rifle with a FSB gas block for parts compatibility. Sell a few of those, and get an MCX or a SCAR.

Instead of owning a Glock 19 for SHTF, a G26 for those 2 weeks of the year you can conceal it but not the G19, a G20 for the one range trip you shoot Underwood 10mm, a G21 in case you want to shoot and carry a fullsize .45 for some reason, a G43 for your summertime carry, a G27 just in case you want to carry .40/.357 SIG even though you trash it on /k/, a G22 in case you want to shoot scrounged up .40 during de apocalypse, a G30s in case you wanted to conceal a 10 shot .45, and a G34 for competition. You could spend that money on revolvers and fancy autos.
>>
>>34502198

Because nobody actually owns the "AR15" itself anymore, it's effectively a freeware design. So everything is built around it. I can't wait for it to happen with pistols, because it'll be a fuck you to pistol regulation too.

>>34502204

no because then we'd all be shooting godawful chinkshit
>>
This was the Liberal's plan all along

>induce panic
>saturate the market with a few identical items, destroying all variety
>gun ownership is now so boring no one wants to participate

I'm afraid the only real way the market will escape this rut is through loosing restrictions, and allowing the market to innovate.

If MG's, SBR's, and suppressors are legalized there will be a boom from all the pent up in innovation.
>>
>>34502198
>why is the American gun market producing what is known to sell well
Gee Anon, that's a good question. I don't think we'll ever get a real answer.
>>
>>34502896
I was actually kinda excited for the FMK when it first came out. Everyone says they're shit, but I support any gun buisness in California and wish the best for them
>>
>>34503422
>cause all the overpriced shit Boomers are hawking on gun broker shows there's zero demand for unique/interesting firearms.
>>
>>34503456
>reading comprehension
>>
>>34503466
>reading comprehension
>>
>>34502198
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels the same way. I've gotten so fucking bored with firearms in the past few years. In fact, I only just started browsing /k/ again recently. The blackpill of this hobby is realizing just how limited your options really are. Take a look at virtually any gun collection thread on /k/, every collection pretty much consists of the same shit. It's not until I've started browsing again that I've started to realize just how dire the situation truly is, what with the sanctions, all the milsurp drying up, and what have you. Even back then, it was getting to the point where you'd have to spend out the ass just to get something interesting. Now it's even worse.
>>
>>34502706
>Cheap 7.62x54r doesn't exist anymore either.
good fuck that round and the fags who shat on 7.62 nato when the crates of Ukrainian surp was coming in.
Russian .308 is only ~32cpr now haha fags. Enjoy 40cpr+ in your memesin rifles.
>>
>>34502198
There's more variety than ever. Gun stores are pretty shit but the internet is where its at. Also, manufacturers like PSA are trying to pick up the slack in the AK market.

Ammo is cheap as shit as well.
>>
The recession is over, the economy is doing fine, so toys cost more because there's more toy money chasing them. If cost hurts, buy a different toy or stop being poor.

Same thing with cars and motorcycles. Just wait for the next recession and have some money on hand. Recessions are inevitable.
>>
>>34503516
>>34503532
Lurk more, post less.
>>
Welp, human rights are getting better. So mass manufactured guns are going away simply cause they're being bought up. New mass production guns are boring and perfectly useable. If we could get russia to tool up a few million more guns then we might have something fun, but even they are moving toward the "black rifle" type of guns. We can't get slave labor china guns - thank you very much politicians. So we get what we get. Anybody got a cheap 6.5 carcano? i wanna make it into a handy woods rifle because my fetish is en-bloc clips and garands are a pipe dream.
>>
>>34503532
>The recession is over, the economy is doing fine

And that is why all the variety dried up... If there was more money to go around, and the economy were truly healthy there would be more variety than ever.
>>
It's amazing how little people SHOOT their guns, they all want nice wood and old world craftsmanship and want it to be cheap forever so they can look at their pretty little collection they NEVER SHOOT.

I swear to fucking god you 19 year olds have no idea how good you have it, and I suppose that would be good if it weren't for your incessant BITCHING with no action ever.

You want to know what the average armed man in America has? A reliable rifle with 30 rounds standard, you don't like the size of the bullet JUST POP IN A 200 DOLLAR UPPER AND BAM YOU HAVE YOUR FANCY .30 BALLISTICS

You want a shotgun? Great, semi or pump?

You want a bolt action that can hit .5 MOA if you do your part with glass that is better quality and cheaper than decades ago? OF FUCKING COURSE YOU DO HOW ABOUT ALL THAT FOR LESS THAN 600 OUT THE FUCKING DOOR?

You want a pistol? HOW ABOUT DOZENS OF POLYMER MODELS WITH BULLET TECH THAT KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND ARE DEAD RELIABLE?

>b-but my steel frame
You skinny shit, you can't handle that much tits and ass in a carry pistol, if you could you'd buy one because you wouldn't be malnourished and have an actual fucking job

ALL THIS CAN BE HAD AND IT WON'T EVER FUCKING STOP UNLIKE MILSURP WELCOME TO CAPITALIST SURPLUS

I love milsurp, I love steel and wood, I love revolvers, I love all guns but you millennial bellyachers need to get a damn grip, what the fuck did you THINK was going to happen with milsurp bought used from governments desperate for cash selling for pennies on the pound decades ago before inflation?
>>
>>34503764
>Could buy new production machine guns at market rate
>>
>>34503764
you gay bro? cause I'll give you a handy for that rant. lol, I love this day and age. 6.5 grendel gives me great performance and I can switch to normal 5.56 is like, two seconds. Todays optics give me such a boner, sweet scopes and teeny little rock hard red dots for everyone. Good shit all around.
>>
File: 1493074629355.gif (206KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1493074629355.gif
206KB, 256x256px
>>34502848
>implying the boomers aren't responsible for a variety of current and future economic issues
>>
>>34502644
This is why I buy what the retards here call fudd guns. They don't realize that a firearm like the $800 .22HP Savage 1899 I bought would probably be a $2000 gun produced all new today. You won't find that level of craftsmanship and individual attention on anything short of custom rifles today.
>Go backwards, young men
>>
>>34502800
I am sad that I cannot buy anything new today that I would be proud to pass on to my son. I buy shit from the 1950s or earlier now because it works and I can fix it myself. Dodge Powerwagon, here I come.
>>
9 years ago was fucking amazing time to get into guns. I bought so much shit so cheap, built so many guns for next to nothing.

It really sucks that the market is the way it is now.

Still some things to be had though. But in another 10 years, what will it be like?
Will I have to gift my daughter firearms I purchased 20 years ago just to give her something unique? Something special that isn't boring cheap garbage?
>>
>>34502198
Seems like a good place to ask, would there be any market interest in a bolt action 9x19mm carbine loosely based off of the Ak platform that can also be converted to .40 s&w, .357sig, or 10mm auto with just a change of the barrel and bolt face?
>>
>>34503871
Yes, I'd kill for a decent one now that 9mm is almost as cheap as .22lr, esp if it has a threaded barrel.

Ruger 77/357 is the closest thing I can think of.
>>
>>34503597
A Carcano makes for an excellent woods gun because of how compact it is. Excellent taste, friend.
>>
>>34503863
>slavshit
>passing that down
>>
>>34503871
Kel-Tec pls go
>>
>>34503764
i know your holier-than-thou "back in my day", "i actually shoot my guns!" diatribe makes you feel good and superior and all, but did you ever stop to fucking consider that a sizable draw of the hobby for a lot of people IS the collecting aspect of it, and right now that aspect is stiffed by a boring fucking production market and a dead milsurp market?

yeah, sure, having your standard assortment of ar-15/mossberg/glawk is great and functional and all, but it gets fucking boring, and when your principle options are another fuckin ar-15 or another fucking glock clone and what have you, it's kind of shitty

even if you dont give a shit about collecting you should STILL want to have interesting, innovative firearms and firearm concepts coming out to keep improving the technology or otherwise give you something new to play with. this isn't just about milsurp
>>
>>34503863
>>34503855
They make plenty of wood stocked rifles and revolvers if that is what you guys are getting down to.

I'm pretty young and the handgun I will adore the most and pass down is a beat to shit Ruger P95DC my father gave me. He used it to protect the family and taught me how to shoot with it (the basics of sight picture anyway, he was ROK infantry so it was hand on hip or chest and bladed stance)

He was actually thinking of giving me a fancy new Smith but I said that was the gun I wanted because it was the one with so many memories, just take time with your kids and even the shittiest gun will be special to them.
>>
>>34503907
Name one innovation worth making from here to caseless and I'll give a shit about your opinion.
>>
File: p95.jpg (42KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
p95.jpg
42KB, 480x360px
>>34503945
Yeah, I really don't understand why people here are bitching, it's like they are just now realizing all American consumer manufacturing is shit and has been for a long time. They will just have to suck it up and buy older guns. It's an investment, you are not going to lose money on the deal. That is a nice story anon, but that is a hideous pistol sorry to be a dick.
>>
>>34503997
It is ugly as shit, heavy too and it was before they started that texture so it gets slippery pretty fast if you sweat. But it's like home to me. Maybe I'm an autist and no normal person would see it as anything but something to sell to move on to a better gun.

If so props to /k/ommandos for raising normal kids.
>>
>>34503907
So you've got cash squared away for a Hudson 9? How about that HMG remake? Gonna put in an order for a Tavor?
>>
>>34503955
well, first off, my point wasn't relegated -just- to things that push firearms technology forward. even just novel or interesting concepts and designs that are different for the sake of being different, an alternative for the sake of being an alternative, or fun for the sake of being fun are okay in my book. or, just, something some guy thought "hey this would make a cool design" and decided to put it into production. i do think there's still -plenty- of room for that sort of thing, just as there's always been throughout history. there was always a gun of the time that was "good enough" and there was always some autist who, for better or for worse, would try to make something new and different.

with regards to straightforward advancements in firearms technology, i'm not an engineer myself working R&D with DARPA, so i'm sure there's a number of technologies i/we are unaware of that are in the works, or otherwise something i don't have the knowledge to conceptualize myself. but, just to name some things to come to mind--caseless ammo (as you mentioned), polymer cased ammo, guided ammunition and accompanying advances in optics, further advances in polymers, further advances in 3D printing, etc.
>>
>>34502243
>everyone should just own a camry cause it's cheap and available
>>
>>34503907
>it gets fucking boring
If the act of shooting itself doesn't give you enough joy by itself you're a poser; some boutique fag looking for a new handbag to show off. If it goes bang nicely and hits whatever you point it at then what more do you want?
>>
>>34502198
>Why is the American gun market so boring now?
Because fdr was a communist.
>>
>>34503907
>a sizable draw of the hobby for a lot of people IS the collecting aspect of it, and right now that aspect is stiffed by a boring fucking production market and a dead milsurp market?

Sounds like a fine opportunity for you to make money. Come up with the cash for licensing and a small shop then have at it with cool new designs.

"I'm BORED! Stimulate MEEEE!" is entitled bullshit. Be the change you want to see. Autists make good inventors if they are technically inclined, and of course people who aren't technically inclined a shit.
>>
>>34503907
What is there to be done/improved? For about 100 years there was great variety in action types until everything had been distilled down to it's most essential components. For the most part were in a period of stagnation with firearms because there isn't really a good idea of where to go barring some innovation that that is opens new avenues of exploration and development. Short of something as momentus as the invention of the self contained cartridge were here to stay.

Kel Tec is fun, novel designs are fun and strange, some may even introduce ideas that can very marginally improve on existing designs with some tradeoffs. But without something bigger we'll have a repeat of the brown Bess era.
>>
>>34502679

.308 isn't cheap if you want brass
>>
>>34503871
>bolt action
>AK platform
I'm pretty sure the AK platform is pretty much DEFINED by long stroke piston, unless you do like the Bizon and her ilk and just stuff in a blowback.

I'd rather have a semi-auto 9mm bullpup that takes glock mags.
>>
>>34504037
Different and novel was for losers who can't into patents, m8. Do you think the weird ass guns were made because investors thought it was cool?
>>
>>34504052
>Guns and cars are the same
Enjoy your (you).
>>
File: memepup.jpg (112KB, 524x875px) Image search: [Google]
memepup.jpg
112KB, 524x875px
>>34502198
>Anyone else tired of buying ARs and carry pistols?

Yes.
>>
>>34504115
>taking it to the literal
Ok, then everyone should just drink water because it's cheap and available
>>
>>34502281

I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>34504129
You should already be drinking clean, filtered water regularly because it's fucking good for you.
>>
>>34504157
anon u stop that
>>
>>34504129
Pay more then. You want a different gun? Be willing to pay more than $500. That's why there is a big market for cars, because people are willing to pay for them. You're essentially arguing that a Lexus should be just as cheap as a Camry. You want to change the market then PAY MORE.
>>
>>34504035
none of these things change the fact that the market, as a whole, is boring as fuck. they're exceptions to the rule. i also wouldn't pen the tavor as being particularly unique.

>>34504053
>If the act of driving itself doesn't give you enough joy by itself you're a poser; some boutique fag looking for a new handbag to show off. If it goes vroom nicely and goes wherever you point it at then what more do you want?

of course i enjoy shooting. i enjoy collecting, too. are you apes really not familiar with the concept of collecting things? does your collection consist of only the the few most functional firearms fit for a strict, defined purpose? do you not enjoy having some variety when you go shooting? are you content with the same 5 rifles that are all the same shit, and the same 5 pistols that are all the same shit?

>>34504082
i'm working towards a degree in mechanical engineering, so there's that

>>34504097
i'll agree that there's less obvious avenues for innovation now than there has been. more than likely, the next major revolution in firearms will be spurred in by a new form of ammunition, as it has been in the past, or perhaps a drift away from conventional firearms altogether. but, again, i'm not limiting "innovation" just to things that push the technology forward (i could have probably phrased my earlier point a bit better)--things that are just kind of unique or interesting on the market are fine by me, too. you mention kel-tec--i'm a huge fan of kel-tec for precisely the reasons you mentioned, and they're a perfect example of what i mean. of course, i'm a bit let down by the build quality of some of their firearms, but i really appreciate that they're at least coming up with things that are new and fun.
>>
>>34504167
>new and fun
If blowback guns that fold are new and fun to you you must be a terribly dull person.
>>
>>34504164
Nigger I already do pay more because I want guns that aren't ARs. OPs entire point is that there's less and less options
>putting words in my mouth just so you can grasp at straws
>>
>>34504167
oh and just to add on to this:

what do you all have to gain out of defending a stagnant market? really?

>>34504186
it's better than nothing. and, come on, you could have picked a better example, like the KSG.
>>
>>34504189
>OPs entire point is that there's less and less options
Only if you are cheap/poor.
>>
File: 1493660814963.png (96KB, 556x430px) Image search: [Google]
1493660814963.png
96KB, 556x430px
>>34503516

PDA jewed me out of my rifle kit by forgetting the stock kit sand lower parts kit. 7 days since calling customer service and they still haven't confirmed skipping me what I'm owed
>>
>>34504198
>Only if you are cheap/poor.
>rising prices aren't correlated to there being less of something on the market
>>
>>34504167
Zthe market is plenty alive, you're just too retarded to find where it's at
here's a little collage on what you're missing out on
>>
>>34502198
You, and many others, can't afford to buy multiple guns so they buy the safe bet
>>
>>34502848
But he's right, my man

as far as the boomers go
>I don't know what caused the '08 recession
>>
>>34503082
I'm just too poor in general, and I'm in MA

A good new AK clone (cus cannot get baby killer "assault" weapons) cost $3,000
>>
File: anachronism.jpg (544KB, 2572x1929px) Image search: [Google]
anachronism.jpg
544KB, 2572x1929px
Everyone who complains about not having enough different guns, do you own:
>A Hi-Point that you never clean
>A Liberator 3d printed plastic gun with a few one-time-use exchangeable barrels
>A Shuty MP-1
>A 3D printed black powder musket pistol (oh the anachronism)
>>
>>34503481
What the real problem is, is that we need another world war to really light a fire under the global gun market's ass
>>
>>34503895
>implying all I have is slavshit
Nigger her first gun is gonna be an original ArmaLite AR-7
>>
File: tree.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
tree.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>itt: slavaboos complaining that everything they want is banned
>itt: surplusshits saying everything has dried up
>itt: arfags trying to tell them they're wrong with no other argument but "lol stop being poor :'^"
Great thread
>>
>>34504082
Ok that would be fine if you're talking about guitars

People literally can't do what you're saying because legislation is destroying the community. Literally Overnight, the Massachusetts attorney general destroyed the State's AR platform. Completely destroyed it.
>>
>>34504335
>3Dprintfags telling everyone else they're fags for not having a printer and printing technicolor ARs
>>
>>34504319
That's pretty neat. Always curious what plastic they used for the originals, is it glass reinforced?
>>
Remake some old shit, like the STG 44 'not the shit version thats being made now'. Reopen slav imports, and make the market free again.
>>
>>34504406
No idea, mine doesn't have the original stock. Apparently the stocks are shitty and prone to breaking, so you don't see many with the original stocks.
>>
>>34504498
Are the original stocks worth anything? I have an old rusty AR-7 with a mint stock.
>>
File: 1309936029348.jpg (673KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1309936029348.jpg
673KB, 1600x1200px
>>34503082
Your post made me giggle, thank you.

Here's a very old picture of Girl!'s butt.
>>
>>34504510
I don't think much, I see mint condition complete AR-7s on gunbroker that sit on there for weeks at $600

The last one in mint condition sold for $500 with original stock, and the last one without the original stock, but still in excellent condition sold for $255
>>
>>34504561
Isn't that a tranny? Why the fuck do you think i want to see a trannies ass?
>>
>>34502679
>>34502679
9mm has gone down in price. I can find 9mm at wallyworld for $10 a box all day every day now, which is nice. I end up buying 1000 rounds cases for even cheaper, but the point stands
>>
File: J RDB SP01 1.jpg (2MB, 3468x1868px) Image search: [Google]
J RDB SP01 1.jpg
2MB, 3468x1868px
>could have built a third AR for $600
>Instead spend 1,000 on pic related

feels good man.
>>
>>34504627
Well, you are on /k/...
>>
File: 1499655908833.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1499655908833.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>34504315
Sounds good, maybe it will bring another economic boom too
>>
It's autism

ARs are good all around guns and are economical to buy/shoot. So instead of having 1 or 2 of those and then buying other less useful but more fun weapons, the autist just buys ARs all day because he can't not have what's "the best"
>>
>>34502245
>with an attached barrel.
not happening
>>
>>34504112
I said loosely based, I pretty much took an Ak, chopped everything above the front trunnion off, redisigned the front and back trunnions, widened the receiver, and added lots more rivets.

I wanted to keep the bolt from touching the users face so I made it completely internal, no striker stickingout the back.
Vid related https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7-EdQuAxAII

The idea is that it can be made with minimal machining and specialty parts, and just like an Ak, it can be made from a shovel. The only issue is that the shovel has to be 11 inches long, and while the average shovel I own is that long, some people's are a bit stubby.

When fully assembled the receiver is 2in x 10.5in x 2in.
>>
File: 1380006471968.jpg (125KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1380006471968.jpg
125KB, 720x540px
>>34503082
>Instead of owning a Glock 19
>You could spend that money on revolvers and fancy autos.
>>
>>34502204
No they didn't you liberal faggot.
>>
File: 1499558858391.png (980KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
1499558858391.png
980KB, 1280x718px
>>34504627
Hello newfag.
>>
File: 1499382830447.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499382830447.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>34504239
anon those are still ar15 parts you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>34503907
>but it gets fucking boring
Maybe you should try competitive shooting or something. If you find functional generic guns boring, you should probably stick to milsurp and deal with everyone else jacking up prices because everyone's looking to fill that same shallow hole of a need for a snowflake gun. I collect milsurp but I don't loathe the fact that it's hard because no one is making new unique guns. I loathe the fact that everyone else is jacking up the prices from collector demand.
>even if you dont give a shit about collecting you should STILL want to have interesting, innovative firearms and firearm concepts coming out to keep improving the technology
Like what? What is stopping you from doing a form 1 and making an integrally supressed 300 BLK AR? What is stopping you from making a gofundme on some loony concept gun so you can scam everyone and let them down when it turns out not to work?
>or otherwise give you something new to play with.
I have the perfect board for you >>>/toy/
>>
>>34505291
>you should try competitive shooting or something
>implying some of us even care about shooting at all

I don't shoot my guns anon. Fuck off you nigger
>>
>>34504510
I'll give you $250 for the rifle
>>
>>34502198
This is what milsurp is for. I have guns from Spain, Germany, Brazil, the U.K., Sweden, Peru, Yugoslavia, and that's just the mausers.
>>
>>34502198
I buy AKs and milsurp along with the occasional carry pistol. Although it's a bitch to get your hand on specific AK variants and mags, I'm not mad.
>>
>>34504234
Only in the case of milsurp.

New production cost increases are because of inflation.
>>
>>34504287
>>I don't know what caused the '08 recession
Ten shitloads of toxic assets in the housing market bubble.
>>
ARs and carry pistols are popular because it's what the market wants. "Assault Rifle" bans drove up demand for ARs and the expansion of conceal carry drove up demand for carry pistols. How is this that complicated to you?

If you want a gun with "character" pony up and spend the big bucks on surplus or older guns and stop bitching.
>>
>>34502198
ARs are the worst thing to ever happen to guns tb.h
>>
>>34505774
/thread
>>
>>34505774
bud theys legos for adulds :D:D:D
>>
>>34505194
I am not new, I just don't jump on board with everything that is "/k/ulture" like obsessing over fucking trannies.
>>
>>34505122
Thats not what I said. Everyone should have a plastic fantastic of some variety, but having 8 of them which are largely redundant is what I was making fun of.
>>
>>34505842
You only need a glock 19 with a comp and RDS. Anything else is obsolete or for extra CC.
>>
>>34505896
I would honestly say you really only need an 8 shot 9mm, and a fighting rifle of some variety. Everything else is extra.
>>
>>34503402
But they aren't that smart
>>
File: 1418005516707.jpg (115KB, 419x489px) Image search: [Google]
1418005516707.jpg
115KB, 419x489px
>>34502848
>>34505189
Found the NRA shills. You faggots would still probably support them even if they were supporting the ban of semi-autos.
>>
>>34502198
Lots of really great shit on the market right now this very moment anon
>>
>>34505559
Banks knowingly made shit tier loans, lied, and sold them off as grade A+ debt
>thanks for the dirt cheap a la 2012 house guise
>>
>>34502198
Because you're too retarded to look for other funs.
>>
>>34504121
How do you like it? Is it true it is heavy for what it is, and the weight is all in the rear?
Does having to choose between AUG mags with bolt-hold open or NATO mags without BHO bother you? (heard of any conversions that can do BHO with nato mags?)
I sort of wanted a FS2000, but by the time I actually looked they were already out of production.
Looked for an SL8 as well, also out of production.
>>
>>34507643
Please provide concrete citations of the NRA advocating any form of gun control.
>>
File: 5e05a__fudd1.jpg (80KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
5e05a__fudd1.jpg
80KB, 640x481px
>>34505774
>>
>>34502198
>Why is the American gun market so boring now?
because SBRs and SBSs are prohibited without a 12 month waiting period.

Of course people are going to buy ARs and carry pistols when literally everything in between is verboten.
>>
There's plenty of variety and interesting stuff around; it's just not super-cheap. Like the guy complaining about leverguns - Henry makes a great rifle, but you're going to pay for it. And why is this a surprise? Yup - if you want nice stuff, it's generally going to be expensive. That's life, kids. As for milsurp, it was inevitable that prices would go up as civilian-legal 'surp passed the "old junk" phase and entered the "valuable antique" phase. Frankly, I'm surprised that didn't happen 20 years sooner than it did.

What's cheap isn't interesting and what's interesting isn't cheap. Where is this not true?
>>
File: 1499481127773.png (76KB, 982x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1499481127773.png
76KB, 982x1274px
>my entire argument is calling you a kid and building myself up as an adult with "this is how the adult world works" thrown in
>>
>>34502848
Boomers did fuck up the economy though.
>>
>>34502198
>Get an AR dude, they're real cheap right now!
>$400? Psssh, you get what you paid for dude
>>
>>34508409
>Henry's are great
>Have to disassemble the rifle to load it

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if they ditched the tube for a proper loading gate. It's not even about money, it's the fact the feeding mechanism is stupid. This isn't the 1860's, there should be an American company making a proper lever gun with an 1890's or later era feeding system. Marlin was that company, but they're no more.

While I'm at it, I'd buy a bunch of S&W revolvers, if they ditched the Hillary hole.

I'd buy a ton more AR-15's if a company bothered to reproduce a few key retro parts. But instead literally every company decided they're going to be the most tactical (except for Nodak Spud peace be upon them)

>LMG barrels/gas tubes/handguards.
>Retro 9mm SMG uppers
>Aluminum CAR stocks
>Basically anything with a light barrel and A1 sights
>New production A1 style grips, or stocks

But instead we're stuck with a bunch of 16" M4 clones with govt barrels (not even m4a1 heavy barrels), and a bunch of "too tactical for you" recce clones. Supposedly the AR-15 is the most customizable rifle, but every manufacturer either makes an M4 clone, a Recce clone, or an SPR clone. There's about 50 manufacturers making flip up BUIS. Not one making sights optimized for long, or close range, 50 varieties of the exact same product... Almost all barrels are govt profile (though this is finally starting to change).
>>
>>34502198
all the neato imported parts kits got depleted (tantals, sterlings, HK93s, Uzis, etc) and now VEPRs got sanctioned

the AK market took a shit and now a basic bitch WASR is $700+

a lot of cool shit is coming out for the pistol caliber carbines though

you can still get cool shit you just have to look around
>>
>>34509022
>I'd buy one in a heartbeat if they ditched the tube for a proper loading gate. It's not even about money, it's the fact the feeding mechanism is stupid. This isn't the 1860's, there should be an American company making a proper lever gun with an 1890's or later era feeding system. Marlin was that company, but they're no more.
There's literally no reason why a loading tube isn't fine for any purpose you'd realistically be using a levergun for. Most Henrys carry 7-10 rounds, which is plenty for hunting, target shooting, or home defense. It's not a combat rifle - you won't need to reload it in seconds if you want to stay in one piece.
>>
>>34502848
>have it objectively easier than any otjer generation
>live exvessively lavish life
>blame millenials
I can't wait till you fuckers take a dirt nap
>>
File: 1498634146699.gif (131KB, 300x346px) Image search: [Google]
1498634146699.gif
131KB, 300x346px
Conspiracy theory:

AR-15s dominate the market for semi-autos years from now, banned by name, basically all semi auto rifles gone as result.
>>
>>34503955
recoil-less / recoil reducing technology
see Gyrojet and AK-107
>>
>>34511396
That already exists, it's called 5.56mm
>>
>>34507924
They originally advocated for the permit system. Which is a form of gun control.
>>
>>34502198
There is some neat shit out there, but it costs an arm and a leg for alot of people. Also, effective killings tools, are well, effective. Don't fix it if it isn't broke.
>>
>>34511438
>what is 3 round burst or rapid fire
the AK-107 shoots 5.45 but still has recoil reduction technology to keep 3 round burst-groups as tight as if the shots were fired individually. Recoil reduction will also help battle rifles which are becoming more and more popular.

Also if you want to shoot any round larger than 9mm in a handgun, you have to put up with significantly more recoil, hence the Gyrojet. Not only does the gyrojet reduce recoil incredibly (.45 cal slugs going at 1600fps feels like .22lr), it increases the effectiveness of compact guns since bullet acceleration is not dependent on barrel length.
>>
>>34511528
>rapid fire
You only do that on machine guns, which you rest on a bipod, which makes recoil not an issue.
>3 round burst
Utter memes nobody needs.
>>
>>34502861
>what is NDS A1 upper for $150
>what are all these brand new 20" pencil profile barrels for sale when I Google "M16A1 barrel"

Sure you can't get a whole parts kit for $500, but you can still easily build a retro rifle replica for less than $1000
>>
>>34502429
Montreal here, ill sell you mine.
they're really not great
>>
All I want is a Kar 98k repro chambered in 5.56 that takes stripper clips.
>>
>>34504627
No, it was the trippfags mentally retarded sister.

If I understand it right.
>>
>>34507924

Its not always advocating for gun control, but rather not doing anything in the wake of it.

>7.62x39 steel core import ban
>7n6 5.45 import ban (effectively killing off AK-74 market)

NRA silent.

>Green tip 5.56 import ban

NRA throws shit fit blocks legislation.

What are they doing to help those Garands in Korea? What are they doing to reverse ban on Norincos?

They care if an American manufacturer that pays them is going to hurt. Foreign gun shooters they could give two shits less.
>>
>>34509022
Fulton Armory is great for sourcing retro parts, by the way.
>>
>>34502679
Its worse than that.

All the good milsurp is drying up. 8mm and 7.62x54r is expensive as hell.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.