[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ fitness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 1460566460566.jpg (534KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1460566460566.jpg
534KB, 1600x1200px
Body physical strength and endurance are a major part of your security, what do you lads do to improve it? What's your routine? Trying to improve mine and gain 20lbs, hence why I'm asking.
>>
I dig
>>
>>34369217
WTF is a "pushup with hip extension"
>>
File: spartacus.jpg (240KB, 920x1301px) Image search: [Google]
spartacus.jpg
240KB, 920x1301px
>>34369217
I did calisthenics and running for years but have spent the last couple just drinking booze and sitting in one spot. Feels bad man. I still have my 25lb and 35lb kettlebells and am trying to get back into it. My old Army routines...

Warm up (BRHRSWFPBP). Ten of each: Bend and reach, Rear lunge, High jumper, Rower, Squat bender, Windmill, Forward lunge, Prone row, Bent-leg body twist, Push-up

Cycle through these from top to bottom, then move to the next iteration. (E.g. 36, 20, 3...)

Arms & Back:
Push-up 36, 30, 24, 18, 12
Tri-Dip 20, 16, 12, 8, 4
Pull-up 3, 3, 2, 2, 1

Core & Glute:
Plank 1min, 1min, 1min, 1min, 1min
Squat 20, 20, 10, 10, 10
Crunch 20, 20, 20, 20, 20

Also, the Spartacus workout using 15lb free weights. 10 exercises, 1 minute per. 10 minute set with 10 second break. Takes 30 minutes to do 3 sets. Pic related, it'll fucking wipe you out. Add some long slow runs to build up cardio endurance and I'll be back in the best shape of my life family. Super easy.
>>
>>34369812
Also if you still have energy, kbells are good for doing isolation curls, presses, 'n Turkish get-up. Or adding to other exercises of course.
>>
File: heyo.gif (67KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
heyo.gif
67KB, 500x250px
>>34369756
You know what it is.
>>
Armyfag here so running is defacto important. Military athlete Running Improvement program M/W/F and Lifting T/TH. Running is based off of 2 mile progression. Lifting is mostly compound lifts based off of Wendler 5/3/1. In total its a 15 week program. After that I start a rucking intensive Military Athlete program to prepare for SFAS
>>
You should be running about 50 miles a week, not five.

No idea what the rest of that shit is but I can guarantee if you had played sport and eaten properly as a child you wouldn't need to do it.
>>
>>34370560
50 miles a week? You are fucking retarded
>>
>>34370590
I run 65 miles a week.

Every strength requirement in every military in the world should be achieved naturally and if you can't achieve it naturally then don't bother joining, as you clearly spent your childhood eating doritos and watching cartoons instead of playing outside.
>>
>>34369217
If you're serious, do SL 5x5 and after a while, GOMAD. Once you're satisfied with your weight, go down to maintenence caloric intake and start doing cardio (while still doing SL) and rucking.

Your workout schedule is needlessly complicated, and you're not going to gain more weight by exercising more. You need to increase your calory intake.
>>
>>34370560
Fuck you.
>>34370590
Don't listen, I was running around 30 miles a week and fucked my shit up.
>>
>>34369217
Just trying to do a basic lifting routine being in the gym 3 times a week with various cardio spaced in between. May need to get some kind of trainer though because I consistently fuck up deadlifts and squats. Basically any exercise involving my lower back I manage to fuck up to some degree. I've read various guides on /fit/ but I have no clue on how to translate it into physical movement.
>>
>>34369217
Compound barbell exercises 3 days a week + running on off days.

>>>/fit/
Read the sticky
>>
>>34370601
Minimum standards? Yes you're correct but Max? No.
>>
>>34370609
Because you're fat.

Hot tip: You may as well not bother running at all if you're going to scrape out 5 miles a week. If you can't run 10k in under 35 minutes you aren't fit.
>>
File: eOHse.jpg (98KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
eOHse.jpg
98KB, 480x480px
>>34370625
>marines 4 years
>runs 5 miles a day
>220
Fat.
>>
>>34370641
>1:20 10k time like the entire Burger King Corps
>>
File: RLRF 2012 web.jpg (155KB, 1095x1650px) Image search: [Google]
RLRF 2012 web.jpg
155KB, 1095x1650px
>>34370601
I've played soccer all my life. I know about running and conditioning. This is 4chan, so I doubt you really run that much- but regardless, its not necessary. Pic related
>>
>>34370612
Use lighter weights. Compound exercises, especially squats (and deadlifts) use your entire body, and im guessing your legs can squat more than your back and/or abs can stabilize. Its probably the most common shit i see young guys do.

If you're using only the bar and still have problems doing a proper squat, i would recommend seeing a PT or your friendly powerlifting neighbor/cousin/gymrat deadbeat/whatever.
>>
I'm handicapped so what's the point
>>
>>34370625
You don't need to run 50 plus miles a week to run a 10k in under 35 minutes
>>
>>34370653
Dorito fanatic
>>
>>34369217
That is way too complicated dude. Read Starting Strength and drink a gallon of milk a day.

>>34369812
This is useless.
>>
>>34370649
>3 mile run= 4.8k
>18min perfect score
>10k 35min
Get the fuck out of here with that trash, that's not fit, thats skeletons claiming they're fit.
>>
>>34369217
I recommend Crossfit
>>
>>34370682
Whatever bud. Enjoy your injuries
>>
>>34369217
dude..

we use WEAPONS specifically because we are all out of shape fatasses.
>>
>>34370698
>that's not fit

>chugs mountain dew, racks up more iron as his gut creeps out of his metallica t shirt
>>
>>34370678
This. Whoever this marathon man is pretending to be, he doesn't know shit about running.

t. PR 13 minute 2mi
>>
I'm sitting here reading this thread and wondering what the fuck is up with some running capacities
Like shit I can run 6k in 25 minutes and semi-sprint 2.4k/1.5m in 9:30, with shin splints that are fucking my distance. I -could- run 26 miles/week if I did running every day but alternate with strength training
what the fuck, is this larping or some stupid shit?

on a side note, any idea how to get rid of shin splints? burns a lot of energy during runs trying to compensate for some mis-steps which start to pain my shins. Not hard going 7km+/day otherwise, but fuck my legs.
>>
>>34370745
>any idea how to get rid of shin splints?

You are overtraining. Lower your distance as much as you can. Ideally take a break and do low/no impact cardio for a couple of weeks.
>>
>>34370745
You need to rest and Ice for a couple of days. How many miles have you put on your running shoes? What surface are you running on?
>>
>>34370741
50 miles a week is common and higher is not unheard of among most club runners.

Monday - 6
Tuesday 10
Wednesday Off
Thursday 12
Friday 16
Saturday 6
Sunday Off

Hard if you're fat.
>>
>>34370687
>useless
>recommends GOMAD

I was busting out 60 pushups in two minutes and nearly a hundred situps. ~14 minute 2 mile. OP asked about getting fit. That program got me fit. Get serious fucko.
>>
>>34370762
For people training specifically for half/full marathons sure (or even people that just like running). However, it is completely unnecessary for improving 2 mile/5k/10k run times
>>
>>34370656
You're probably right about using lighter weights and legs being stronger than my back. I usually go pretty hard at it on leg day so they can handle a bit of weight. I know that my squats are almost right but somewhere on the descent I'm screwing something up. At the bottom and on the ascent I can push off properly. Deadlift is just a shitshow for me all around though using the trap bar is easier for me than a barbell.
>>
>>34370745
RICE.
1.REST.
The biggest part of the acronym. Take a week off of running and eat protein so the muscle can recover.
2.Ice and meds
Ice packs and NASID's
3.Compression/stretches.
4.Elevation
Again, rest is crucial. Rest your legs as much as possible.
>>
>>34370762
Way to not refute my point, jackass. You do not need to be running those distances in order to be quick. They aren't helping your speed, just your endurance and mental game. And probably burning whatever upper body strength you have.

Like other anon said,
>You don't need to run 50 plus miles a week to run a 10k in under 35 minutes
>>
>>34370758
Been considering it but definitely chilling for the summer for more strength training. Need some natty gainz since I only went up +15lbs to +1pl8 for various exercises over the past few months
>>34370760
About 200 miles since I started to care a lot more about running, used them a few times a year plus some ago so probably another 50 too. They're relatively fresh. Been running on a treadmill mostly (since I have extra time from school with a gym close to there) but aim to run outside when possible, soft surfaces like grass.
>>34370799
Danke friendo

But yeah would run basically every 2 days aside from weekends so I never really had much rest, aside from a 3-week break in March for spring break.

Thanks for the info anons, will apply it
>>
>>34370794
Lose the weight on the deadlifts and squats and do a few while recording yourself in profile. Then watch yourself and figure out where you're going wrong.
>>
File: june9th.png (36KB, 718x838px) Image search: [Google]
june9th.png
36KB, 718x838px
>>34369217
This was the last one I actually recorded down what I did cuz one of the other guys asked me what I did for the workout.
>>
>>34370814
Just remember that the cushioning in your running shoes gives out over time which translates to your body getting more shock from the impact of striking the ground. 300-500 miles is usually the lifespan for running shoes depending on the quality
>>
>>34370733
I hate Mtn Dew, have SEVERE tendinitis in both feet and can barely walk any more.
Got 70% VA rating for it.
>>
>>34370794
Trap bar is a more natural position for your shoulders and is easier for the body to do as it puts the weight more in direct line with your body vs slightly in front.

For squats you can try lowering the weight until you can do what you consider a "good" squat and then lower it slightly more. Then when performing the squat do not come all the way back up and perform your reps, focus on not deloading your quads when doing the set. For deadlift version of this, see Romanian deadlifts.
>>
Workout plan?
Whatever SSgt says we're doing in the morning
>>
>>34370794
The main thing that you have to realise is that squats are NOT a leg exercise. They are a compound exercise, and work pretty much every muscle from your calfs to your shoulders. Start of light and add weights progressively and slowly. Dont be impatient, you will lift heavy in no time at all.

Pretty much everyone who starts doing weighted squats on their own realise rather quickly that "hey, my legs arent even tired after that set, i can add 30 pounds more" which leads to them doing improper squats with less gains and possibly even injury as a result. Drop the weight and realise that you're training your whole body, and even though you're legs can take a lot more weight, the rest of your body most likely can't.

>>34370745
What shoes are you running with and what shoes do you use day to day?

>>34370778
Did you gain 20 pounds without increasing your caloric intake though, fucko? Did you somehow invent some magical way to synthesize nutrients from being a sperglord on an anonymous internet board?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.