[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ashlands: writefaggotry edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 17

File: ashlands.png (169KB, 1372x667px) Image search: [Google]
ashlands.png
169KB, 1372x667px
lets do some more writefaggotry and world building
>>
Why is New England doing in this?
>>
>>34273800
being ded
>>
>>34273800
>What is New England doing in this?

It's best

http://ashlands.wikia.com/wiki/Federation_of_New_Columbia
>>
Reposting some writefaggotry I did from last thread. Small little vignette of someone's life in Gulf Republic.

'This is a Class 3 Public Safety Alert: a minor accident on Highway 90 has occured, involving two vehicles. No serious injuries occured. Any citizens planning on traveling down Highway 90 are advised to take detours as emergency crews clean up the scene. The cleanup operation is estimated to take 1 hour. Thank you, and God Bless the Republic'.

I don't what idiot came up with alert system, but I think he oughta be slapped for coming up with it. Feels like every 30 minutes, one of these damn things pop up on the radio. I think there was even one a few days ago about a friggin cat up a tree.

I guess I really shouldn't complain too much though, really. We got lucky when Yellowstone blew it's top, so it's a fucking miracle we're even still alive on the Coast. Not like the system's out of place or anything, gotta keep civic order and all that. Gotta keep the people safe and all that. I just wish they didn't use it for every little occurence.

No sooner than I finish that train of thought, I hear that godawful synthesized school bell noise they use to announce each alert: 'This is a Class 1 Public Safety Alert'.

Class 1? Then it's actually something serious this time.

'An Ash Monitoring Station in Northern Mississippi has detected a shift in wind patterns, which is predicted to send a moderately sized Ashstorm towards the Gulf Coast. All citizens are therefore advised to practice safety drills to protect themselves from the Ash and it's harmful effects.Thank you, and God Bless the Republic'.

Not the worst thing in the world, I suppose, but I better get ready for it.

1/2
>>
repost from last thread

irst attempt at writing for this, so give me a heads up if this sounds dumb

if youve been around some of the more ashy parts of the country, you might notice the little fellows known as "ash people" or "mask people"
these people can be seen wearing gas masks, hoods and tattered cloaks, none of their skin shows. they have large backpacks for all the stuff they scavenge in their travels
they often travel in packs, splitting up when they find a building to scavenge and pick clean. speaking of scavenging, these guys have a knack for it, often finding a hundred useful things in a place normal people would consider barren, guesses are, thats how they survive. they also have a knack for mechanics, they can fix just about anything if they have the parts for it. they can make even the most jam-o-matic of guns work flawlessly in even heavy ash storms
they speak two languages, English, and "mask speak" which is pretty much just muffled gibberish, but they understand it somehow. theyre pretty antisocial too, the only interactions they have is with traders here and there
they mostly avoid confrontation but when cornered, they know 101 ways to fuck you up, so its best to steer clear of them when you can
most peoples guess is that they in tunnels dug in abandoned, ash covered cities, but no one has been in one and came back to tell the tale, and the mask people dont tend to talk much about it

cont?
>>
>>34274073
As much as I may bitch and moan about those PSA's I acknowledge they serve an important purpose. So, I go ahead start my own little Ashstorm drill. I live by myself, always have since I graduated high school all those years ago, so I don't have to dumb down any of this for a child to understand or wait for anybody else to get started. First I need to find my CBRN gear.

Ever since the Gulf Republic got up and running, they've made a point of public safety being their number one priority. As a result of this, everyone person residing within the Republic's boundaries is issued a basic set of CBRN gear: a hooded suit and a gasmask with 2 filters. Those filters go quick, so local government buildings and military bases always have spares in stock for civilian use. It seems silly, being that our little fledgling nation sits outside the Ashlands, but you never know when an Ashstorm or something like that will roll in. Take now, for example.

I put on the suit as quickly as I can, pull up the hood, and affix my gasmask. After that, I go to every door and window in my house and insure they've been completely Sealed, or at least as sealed as I can get them. It's an imperfect solution, but it's better than nothing. Not that any of this matters for me, though. I just do all this to make sure no dust gets inside my house.

My little secret weapon, as I like to call it, is my basement. I had some contractors come in after the Eruption to install a new on it. This door seals so tightly that no air whatsoever can get inside. Gets a little warm, but it's better than choking on ash. It has one flaw, and it's ironically the seal. I have to open it back up after a certain amount of time or else I'll suffocate. Still, I'll have an easier time with the coming storm than a lot of people will.

Does that make me a selfish asshole? Well, that depends on who you ask I guess.

2/2.

Opinions and criticisms greatly appreciated.
>>
>>34274094
good shit mane
>>
>>34274101
Thanks m8. I kinda want to build off of some other writefaggotry that someone was doing last thread about a Gulf Expeditionary Team sent directly into the Dead Zone.

I also want to end up doing a little short story with the character in my last two writings.
>>
>>34274113
sounds good
>>
>>34274085
Pretty good stuff anon.
>>
>>34274161
thx m8
>>
Hey folks, another one of the writefaggots from the last thread reporting in (Boone guy). I created that short story late last night, so it was rushed and full of errors. I've fixed all the errors I could find and expanded the ending by a lot, as well as some general polishing. Here's the pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/9CYyFsxf

This is the first such short story I've finished writing in a long while, so feedback greatly appreciated.
>>
Sage this faggotry. This is /k/ not faggot imagination land.
>>
>>34273785
So this is pretty much just Morrowind with guns?
>>
>>34274094
Here's some CC: you're not done. We need details of what happens during an ash storm as well as the aftermath. I liked the details of the Safety Alert system, especially how it's used for the most random, banal shit. In general, more details please. Other than that, good vignette.
>>
>>34274302
yes
>>
>>34274302
Is that really such a bad thing?
>>34274305
I plan to expand on it, I just need to think a bit about where to go next with it.
>>
not weapons, barely even qualifies as >>>/out/

S&R
>>
With a new Union carving it's self out in the Midwest, Ohio, Indiana and Michigan with Illinois slowly being intergrated. The union had to solidify its supply lines and it's holding across the its territory.
While food isn't much of an issue, ammo and fuel are. All available gasoline, diesel and JP7/8 are being funneled into either military or farming and military standard ammunition is being rationed for civilians, (5.56/.223,9mm, 7.62 and .50)

Some contact had been made the Tennessee expeditionary forces, the first of which almost ended in blood shed when a small convy almost blasted through a checkpoint on I75. Thankfully the misunderstanding ended with only three wounded on their side and some new friends

Also if there's anydraw frags about could some rough draft a Midwestern Union flag? I'm on my phone so I can't do shit
>>
>>34274314
Not every story needs to be a huge arc thing. This seems to just be a little drabble about everyday life with ash storms, and I think it does that rather well.
>>
>>34274355
Oh yeah, definitely.
>>
>>34273785
Is the Tennessee Expeditionary Force a part of the Carolina Confederacy of is it separate?
>>
>>34274535
They are separate factions
>>
File: NEC M1 Submachine gun.png (13KB, 647x698px) Image search: [Google]
NEC M1 Submachine gun.png
13KB, 647x698px
https://pastebin.com/c8exhsjy

https://4archive.org/board/k/thread/30970773

Here are the old threads if anyone's interested in reading through them.
>>
>>34273920
As a resident of Albany I can guarantee you most of the area would side with New England over staying with NYC in a collapse and the city itself would be abandoned. Essentially the area would have a similar outcome with Connecticut
>>
>>34274275
“I've got a few long guns, a couple of Angus calves, and a horse and I'd be willing to trade a few of those things if you would be willing to take me up there for a bit of hunting. Sound like a good deal to you? Leave a message at the Tractor Supply Co. for Jack if you’re interested.”
Message posted on Tibetan rug-weaving billboard addressed to the writer of the last tale on Sept 10

Sept 11
Well, looks like I’ve got part of the return expedition figured out. Though I don’t tend to trust people that easily, especially when going into contested territory, something about this fellow puts me at ease. We met at the Tractor Supply Co and hit it off, talking about trade routes, terrible customers, and other such banalities over some rotgut I kept around for social occasions such as this. While we’d never agree on modes of transportation (he preferred the relative quiet of horseback, while I craved the speed of the internal combustion engine) and other things, we were both relaxed enough to realize that most of this kind of banter was just opinion, so we didn’t get too fussed up about it.

Later that evening, I dropped by the lunatic’s place to explain the situation. While he didn’t offer anything more in the way of hazard pay, our original agreement still stood, so combined with the promise of payment from Jack for taking me up there to hunt those critters, it made it worth my while. Since I didn’t have much use for livestock, roamer that I am, I opted to take my payment in the form of what he adorably referred to as “long guns”. We agreed on one of his old PTR-91s, a few 20-round mags, and half a box of .308 as payment up front, with the rest of the box plus a .357 levergun and forty rounds of wadcutters for it as payment after the job was done. I knew I was making a slight loss on this trip now, what with the pound of mushroom to gallon of gas exchange ratio being what it is, but to be frank, I didn’t care.
>>
>>34274593
Yeah NYC is canonically a dead zone, inhabited only by the mad and the desperate.

I didn't add any of NY back when I originally started the NEC because I didn't want to claim too much land. We can't all be the TEF.

Although, I suppose I could add Albany to the NEC if no one's opposed, given that New York State would likely be one of the first regions added to the NEC when they start expanding outwards. Hell, someone was even writefagging about the NEC and a NY-based state fighting a war of annexation back in the old threads.
>>
Couple days later, I hear another alert crackle from the radio. The eggheads predict that the storm will cross into the boundaries of the Republic within the hour, so the alert says to 'get to an enclosed area, preferably away from windows. If this is not possible, please flag down Military Police who will issue you an emergency gas mask'. That emergency mask won't save you from the ash, but it'll be enough for you to find some shelter. Theoretically, anyways.

So I lock my doors and windows and retreat to my underground hideaway, safe from the ash. I still bring my CBRN crap with me, of course, along with a book to keep me sane. Then again, I could just sleep.

Either way, almost exactly an hour later, I hear that distinctive whooshing noise over my house. I've been told that standing outside during a Ashstorm is a bad idea, even in mikd storms. Full CBRN gear can't orotect you from 60+ mile an hour winds. Still, some maniacs still do it, either from morbid curiosity or because that's their job. When Duststorms roll in, the streets are filled with MP's to guide civilians to safe areas, and to deter any criminal elements from taking advantage of the situation. They mostly stay in APC's, from what I've been told.

Once it's all over, they send out an all clear signal, so then us civvies have to get to work scooping up Ash from our properties. I especially have a lot of motivation to clean it up as soon as possible. My lawn's the pride of the neighborhood.
>>
>>34274601
Oh fuck, didn't think anybody had seen that. Awesome, set me up with my Steyr 95 and I'll be good to go man.
>>
>>34274645
New Amsterdam is our real life cascadia level secession idea (fiscally retarded but somewhat popular) and the farms outside the capital region and the little remaining industry in troy would do more to.keep the lights on and people fed than anything downstate or in Albany could (would bother to) so easy enough for a trade to annexation scenario
>>
>>34274658
The next day, my lawn is almost entirely cleared of Ash, front and back, and I'll be damned if it doesn't look even better. Must be all those minerals in the Ash.

Then, right in the middle of the one time I get a song request through to the local radio station, the DJ interrupts the music for an 'urgent' message from the governor.

'Citizens of the Gulf Republic', his booming voice begins, 'this most recent Ashstorm is only the most recent in hardships our small nation has faced. And yet, it is events like these that prove we have a right to exist as a nation, and as a people.' Blah, blah, blah, 'every citizen's responsibility', blah, blah, 'safety in mindfulness.' I swear that man is a broken record. Every speech he's ever made always loops around to that rhetoric. I've learned to tune it out, but if it truly gives people some hope, what's the harm in it?

He finishes his recycled speech, and the DJ returns to the air. 'Inspiring words from our Governor. Anyways, I think I should take the time to remind all of our listeners that the Department of Gulf Preservation is accepting volunteer applications for the cleanup operations in the Gulf,' says the DJ. 'Well anyways, I think we owe our listener request a do over, as his song got interrupted.' The radio turns back to that old song I requested, and I can't help but feel like everything has finally returned to normal. Of course, we'll probably be repeating this all again in about a month or two, what with the wind patterns and all.

Just part of the routine, I suppose.

Alright, that's all for that little vignette. I really think I've laid a decent groundwork for other writers to build upon, and I plan to write some more.

Any feedback is very much appreciated.
>>
>>34274782
Good to know.

Given the resources present I'm sure the Coalition would allow the areas outside of the capital region and Troy to apply for entry into the union. I'm sure the region would welcome the return of some proper government, especially considering the lack of major factions in the area.
>>
Georgia reporting in. Glory to the Confederacy
>>
>>34274935
Honestly they would join just for protection from raiders from Albany and Schenectady (gangs or police are equally likely) and a chance to purge if they are unable to starve themto collapse, the local to state governments has some friction points that would go from go fuck yourself to cannibalism and lynchings with a blackout longer than 4 weeks
>>
Only a few of you writefags can weave a interesting story that would sell of shelf's.
These Ashland's ideas are neat, but make things more relatable. Jesus, add some character conflict other than the dudes just questioning thier actions.
Better than most writefags inky diarrhea.
>>
>>34274297
Gtfo and stay out we like this shit, gives us a reason to keep stockpiling our shit irl
>>
>>34274583
Thx m8
>>
>Picking up from where I left off last night.

Journal Entry 8

Around the time I was starting to look for a place to hide for the night, I stumbled onto a ratty dome tent with an occupant. The guy didn't have the telltale style of either the ash nomads or the raiders and looked to be wearing a ratty uniform that's been through more than I have. We had a good old Mexican standoff for awhile. We identified ourselves. The guy said he was from a Tennessee expeditionary force and was on a very important mission. Well what a coincidence. He kept asking if I had any piercings or tattoos. I just had the one and that seemed to satisfy him for some reason. He invited me to his campfire and we broke bread, talking about what we've been through but always keeping a hand on a weapon. The guy seemed to be a little cracked. He's not all there. He has a tendency to start repeating himself almost like he's trying to convince himself. I think he's been out here far too long. He had ash preserved meat that I was pretty sure wasn't human and was more than happy to share for some of the things in my ration. I decided this was enough of an occasion to play some music. The guy teared up almost immediately and went quiet for awhile before dozing off. I set up my impromptu shelter for the night near the fire. A neat ash-blanket trick I learned from the nomads.
>>
>>34273785
what do the circles on the map mean? the densely colored ones, not the area markings
>>
>>34276094
ournal Entry 9

The Tennessee guy's definitely lost it. Apparently he thought our introductions last night was some hallucination and we had to go through that shit all over again. He seems obsessed with skinwalkers. I've heard about the myths before the eruption but apparently they're real and have been hunting this guy for awhile now, either that or he's just cracked. Both options are just as viable out here. We're heading our separate ways; I marked the good camping spots off on his map before we parted. His only advice was that skinwalkers couldn't do tattoos or piercings and to watch out for the blue bugs. In other news, my gps has put me in an entirely new location, so that proves that it's fucked or can't communicate this deep in. I'll just keep on moving I guess.
>>
>>34273785
Why would Alaska bother with Oregon and Washington? Wouldn't they be mostly fucking around in western Canada?
>>
>>34276159
Journal Entry 10

Something popped up in the ash-snow around mid-afternoon and had been following me quietly for hours. My attempts at stomping it out or evading it have failed until around nightfall, it kind of wandered away. Just before it got completely pitch black out, I stumbled onto the ruins of a farm house. The first floor was inaccessible from the outside but the upper floor was fine. The windows were unlocked. The house had been looted before, multiple times, they even ran off with the bathtub. First floor was all ash, some random broken furniture and a stripped down corpse in a death lock with a dead ant-lion looking thing. They've been dead for awhile, didn't even smell. Well, maybe this guys ghost will watch over me for the night. Second floor had some remains of old childrens clothes and an actual bed that wasn't too rotted or infested. I'm sleeping well tonight.
>>
>>34276402
Journal Entry 11

The sound of creaking wood and footsteps downstairs woke me up. The air smelled sour, even though my filters. I grabbed my shitty crank flashlight and the Remington and went down to take a look. It was Tennessee guy, just standing there in the kitchen. I don't know how the fuck he got in down here but there he was. Something was wrong, he was missing all of his gear including his air mask. He said hello and ashed what was up.. and then repeated over and over. That was enough wrongness and I just shot him, chest from less than a yard with a slug. He grunted and fell out of my flashlights beam and I couldn't fucking find him again, he was just gone! There was some black ooze or blood on the wall behind where he was. I ran my ass back upstairs and barricaded the stairwell with whatever I could find, then sealed myself in the bedroom I had been sleeping in, set myself up in a corner with all my weapons at the ready. Eventually I fell asleep again and woke up to another ash filled morning. I didn't bother looking downstairs, I just grabbed my shit and left the house. There were strange tracks all around the house, like something was running laps. Looked like animal tracks, hoofed tracks. I got my ass out of there. I got a few miles away before I looked back. There was something man shaped but too tall standing on the roof watching me. Looked like it had antlers. It waved when it noticed me looking back. I took off running again.
>>
Played with the Wiki a bit (ashlands.wikia.com).
Added Outer Ashlands, working on Ashlands page now.
Added Great Lakes Coalition.
Not adding too much information as it's not set in stone, but a good framework can help other writefags get the universe right.
>>
>>34276708
can you add this>>34274085
unless its a bit too autistic for you
>>
>>34276748
http://ashlands.wikia.com/wiki/Ash_People
>>
>>34276577
Journal Entry 12

I found Salina. Supposedly this used to be a big time wheat producing areas before the eruption. The city was deserted now. I did some looting in the drug store and picked up a bottle of multivitamins, two packs of raman noodles (pork flavor) and some koolaid mix. I haven't had processed sugar in so long, I hope it kills the ash flavor everything has. The area hasn't been looted too bad from what I've seen so far, there was even rotted food on some of the shelves. There is a lot of fire damage here. I think I'll stay here for a few days and see what else I can find. There's a small library in town with no windows I'll use as a base. It has no real damage and doesn't look like anyone bothered looting it. It also has this nice couch I can stretch out on. I'm blockading the doors with some book shelves for the night. I dropped off most of my gear and spent the rest of the day exploring. There's a lot of bodies here under the ash dressed in pre-eruption clothes. Some even had smartphones still on them, all damaged from time, ash and heat. I figure this should be on the edge of the inner ashlands, so how things got so bad quick enough to leave bodies in the street? Well, I guess a lot of bad luck and panic.
>>
>>34276919
thx m8
>>
>>34276923
Journal Entry 13

I spent the day casually looting. The ash is deep enough I have to dig out the front doors but it's been worth it for the most part. Found a gunstore with the gun owner still in it, or what was left of him. Looks like he lost an argument. Most of the store was looted but there was some old milsurp in the back. Got a nice helmet and some fresh air filter cartridges that fit my mask. Found a flare gun and some scattered shotgun shells for the Remington and a better backpack. My old one was being held together by spite and frozen ash ever since the plane crash. One of the small office buildings had a full water cooler and a refill tank. Moved them over to the library. I'm feeling good. I'm kind of surprised none of the ash people have set up in this town. Spent the rest of the day reading old magazines while on some Oxycontin I found in a pharmacy. I'm feeling pretty fucking good right now.
>>
First writefag pls be gentle

Test test... Ah fuck it it's working. This is my log... Of what it'll be about, I don't know.

I've been living in the outer ashlands, bordering on the true ashlands for a while now. I'm not native, though some could call me that at this point. I'm a vet when it comes to surviving out here.
Now, most 'tourists' come to my neck o' the zone to say that they "Survived the Ashlands!". The funniest part about that is almost all of them come loaded with tac-vests and "top shelf" environment suits and end up sinking knee deep in some areas and barely covering a mile a day.
I on the other hand have a evo-suit that's more patch than suit and a home-made, single shot, sub sonic suppressed pistol. These idiots that come into my territory think that something's gonna jump them every 5ft, and with all the noise they make I'm not surprised that they don't.

Continue?
>>
Can we make an updated map? there seem to be new groups and groups with conflicting locations that arnt on the map
>>
File: 1484249517579.jpg (37KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
1484249517579.jpg
37KB, 285x298px
>>34275916
>Get out of my pillow fort! We like being faggots here!

Eat shit.
Sage
>>
>>34277088
This.

Maybe rename the ash zones. We need Dead Zone, Deep Zone, Inner Zone and Outer Zone. There's a lot of conflict with the Inner Zone and the Outer Ash Zone being the same zone, but called Inner and Outer.

The circles can be the same, it's prettymuch what the real deal is anyone can make it with ease in Paint.

We need the Republic of New York, Appalachian Defense Force and the Oakland Raider Clans added. I don't see a United Denver Army on the map. Is Alaska a Highlander or Republic?

We need an agreement on Zone names. It's 50/50 how they're named, but I think we should agree on what the Wiki has. I can rename the Outer Ashlands page to the Inner Zone, the Outer Zone being ash-free (outside the circles).
>>
Journal Entry 14

HURRRRR DURRRRRR I'M UH ZOMBIE. *fart noises* HURRRRR DURRRR LOOK AT ME I'M A ROLE PLAY WRITE FAG.
>>
>>34276999
Though, to be fair, that home made pistol is a Frankenstein of several guns that I've found; some off those damn tourists, 'least they're good for something.
Anyways I found a suppressor on one of them and decided to make a gun. The barrel itself is the suppressor covered by a housing from on of them "dessert eagles" or whatever it's called and uses .22 rounds. The loading mechanism is of my design and is, for the most, part ash proof as it's a breech load and the only time ash can get in is through the front of the barrel or when I'm loadin'.
>>
>>34277185
If you run into an Ash person maybe trade for a new firing mechanism, those things are a fucking dream.

I've had a small semi-auto made by one of them for a while and it hasn't jammed once, even in the middle of an ashstorm.
>>
>>34276988
Journal Entry 14

I was woken up by the sound of idling diesel engines. Holding back my natural urge to run towards them waving my arms and begging for a rescue, I instead held my position and watched out the book return slot of the library door. Looked like a whole convoy of light armored vehicles and at least two gas trucks were slowly plodding through town. Most had a plow or shovel on the front and were painted in an ash camo. They looked military. Clean uniforms, clean firearms and discipline. Question is, who's military are they, are they friendly and what are they doing here? My best guess is they're doing the same thing I am or maybe they're after something the old military left behind, what else is out here? Maybe an old nuke silo. Considering where we are and the direction they came from, I'm guessing they're from Texas. They tend to be a shoot first type of peoples these days. I'm going to keep my distance. It turns out that the library has roof access through its attic. I climbed up there and kept a good watch on the goings on.
>>
File: 15651138668_7b6e59fe4c_h.jpg (854KB, 1600x1142px) Image search: [Google]
15651138668_7b6e59fe4c_h.jpg
854KB, 1600x1142px
So it seems reasonable to assume that the majority of the NEC's cavalry forces would be Light Horse-style forces, but would traditional mounted cavalry have any place in the post-Rupture US?

Outside of the Ashlands of course.

>>34277145
The Northeastern Coalition needs a name change as well
>>
File: IMG_3042.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3042.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
California Confederacy Flag
No ruler color edition
>>
File: californiaconfederecyflag.png (17KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
californiaconfederecyflag.png
17KB, 1000x600px
>>34277321
Eh, I tried.
>>
>>34277321
>>34277527
Did you mean Carolina or is this a new faction.
>>
>>34277527
i love it
>>
>>34277578
the carolina confederacy, its an old one on the map. but with the current factions i think we'll have to give up virginia
>>
>>34277578
Whatever it applies for. Someone make a decision. I'm making a new map for new factions and better labelling, so someone draw up a list of factions and where they are.
>>
>>34277599
georgia, south and north carolina
>>
Should we move this to /x/ after this thread? Some faggots are getting butthurt that were having a good time.
>>
>>34277605
Noted, where's Virginia going?
>>
>>34277629
if no other faction has it right now, well keep it
>>
>>34277316
Morgan horses would be pretty good, UMASS and UVM 's horse breeding programs use Morgans descended from the US Cavalry horses. While most people would be using whatever horse they could find, maybe these could be the nucleus of a state run cavalry breeding program.
>>
>>34277628
this belongs more on /k/ than /x/
>>
File: 600a9c2bcb69ec77292e3ed5167a5b8f.png (275KB, 1244x599px) Image search: [Google]
600a9c2bcb69ec77292e3ed5167a5b8f.png
275KB, 1244x599px
>>34277637
No other faction that I know of is staking Virginia except the Appalachian Defense Force may take some of the Western parts.

Map so far, forgot to add a label for the dark red but that's the ADF. Added RNY, not sure what's going on with DC and NJ. Do people really hate Missouri so much that they'd rather die than move there?
>>
File: ashlandsmap.png (172KB, 1401x667px) Image search: [Google]
ashlandsmap.png
172KB, 1401x667px
Updated map. Use this for threads. If updating, use the wikia for latest information so we're all on the same page.
>>
>>34277804
Nice, glad to have this thing clear and back on track
>>
Log number... Whatever

Today I saw ol' Asha down near the border to the deep zone in the ashlands t'day.
Now for those who don't know, Asha is the biggest, meanest, toughest, ash bear that I've ever seen. She's 'bout the size of a damn one car garage and as strong as you would think for her size. I've seen her rip through a armored car full 'o them tourists after they had the balls to drive down her road. Got some nice loot off them bodies. I think she's pregnant too, given how bloated she looked yesterday.

Even in hell, life finds a way.
>>
File: Light_horse_walers.jpg (288KB, 1200x1325px) Image search: [Google]
Light_horse_walers.jpg
288KB, 1200x1325px
>>34277628
If this had to be moved it would be better off on /tg/

That said I'm not sure the fags on /tg/ would make of the setting

>>34277673
That's a fantastic idea, thank you
>>
>>34277894
Yeah, if we moved this anywhere else there is a high chance of it being changed for the worse
>>
>>34277804
You need to have the Appalachian defense force extend the whole length of the Appalachian mountains. Its a whole different culture once you get into the mountains no matter what state it is.

Im from north Georgia and I can tell you we are not like the flatlanders down near Atlanta at all. Hell the whole east Tennessee, north GA, west SC/NC could be its own territory itself
>>
>>34277894
/tg/ would probably make it into a RPG setting. Honestly that sounds cool.
>>
>>34277628
>>34277686
>wiki even calls it a /k/ role playing game
>is based on staple vidya of /k/ such as STALKER, Metro, Fallout, etc.and references skinwalkers and other innawoods critters which are heavily referenced throughout /k/ while also being heavily descriptive with weaponry as per usual
>faggots being absolute cumguzzlers because they're too autistic to see how /k/ this is
No, it needs to stay here
>>
Should we make trips/names for ourselves to help with organization?
>>
File: Legion of the United States.jpg (421KB, 1236x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Legion of the United States.jpg
421KB, 1236x1600px
>>34277917
Hell, I'd play it
>>
>>34277865
Log... Fuck it

I was right! Ol' Asha was pregnant like I said and jus' yesterday I saw her walkin' round with two little ones on her heels. Haven't thought of names yet but they're only a few days old.
As much of a bitch Asha is I've come to like 'er. She doesn't stray to far off the border and hasn't gone after me other'n to remind me who's territory I'm in.
In other news, some scientists swung by my place, an old apartment building, and started shooting the shit with me. Turns out they're lookin t' buy any notes off us locals. Now, I normally would've said no, but money is money and I need a new suit. I handed them my first few logs and they gave me a new evo-suit in return. Fair damn deal I say. They never said where they came from but I know it's from further down south from the looks of all the cold weather gear they had packed.
>>
>>34277628
>>34277686
>>34277894
/tg/ seems like the logical place for Ashlands, honestly, but even if we don't move, I'd be up for running a game once more of the setting is figured out.
>>
>>34278310
Though /tg/ might over do some elements. Over play the mutation stuff and whatnot.
>>
>>34278543
Maybe, but usually they're pretty good with keeping within a setting's laws and themes when building rulesets and writing up fluff.
>>
can anyone explain how i can add a faction to factions on the wiki? i cant figure it out
>>
Created a Discord to keep the project together if all else fails.
https://discord.gg/M3vq4
>>
>>34278853
Was wondering when someone would make one.
>>
>>34278262
Log 4. Keeping track now.

I've been getting suggestions from the scientists; give discriptions of the local flora and fauna, why they don't jus' come here an' look is beyond me.
Well for flora you got some examples. Not many plants survive here but more do than one would think.

First example is the ash catcher tree: it looks like a regular tree 'sept some o' the leaves look like them pitcher plants you see in rainforests. Obviously a mutie, them leaves that look like the plants, as the name of the damn thing implies, catches ash and digests it. Now how it does this is beyond me, and I was a biologist. Ash catchers are somewhat rare. Don't see them too often but that's normal for most plants on the outer. The leaves don't get much bigger then one o' the dice cups though I've only seen young trees, who knows how big they can get.
>>
>>34279286
The ash catcher only survives in places that have very few ash storms. Though it should be noted that the storms're it's main means of reproduction. You see, the tree reproduces asexually remarkably, and the little ash catcher cups have little seeds in 'em and when a storm comes along and them cups act like little sails that land wherever the wind takes 'em. I'm not 100% sure about the asexual bit 'cus I've never seen a pollinator.
>>
>>34273785
I live in Southern Oregon. What're the Alaskan Highlanders like?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170616-212517.jpg (926KB, 1132x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170616-212517.jpg
926KB, 1132x1074px
Can someone make a Mojave Union flag?
Pic relates is MU infantryman
>>
>>34279718
I don't know how that ammunition got with the mask what the fuck
>>
>>34279718
Source of image?
>>
>>34279738
Innawoods.net, but I used the mobile version
>>
>>34279718
I God damn hate this place

When it's not a dust storm, it's sand, or ash, or all of em at once. I live on the old California-AZ border. Only reason we're even still here is because of the canals and the Colorado river. Even then, people walk off into the outer ashlands, into the desert. Looking for the lakes, or old Phoenix, or just to get out. I try to warn the new arrivals from california, most of em listen. Least I get some good loot off the ones that don't. One guy had a backpack full of weed, and nothing else. That was a lucrative find, for a while. He'd managed to make it to the Kofa mountains before he died. I did find some nice looking caves up there, been saving up to go spend a good week or two up there. Getting enough water is going to be a bitch, I've already used as much ammo and food as I'm comfortable trading with those fucking jarheads. Then I have to wait for a good time to slip through the raiders in the desert. I hope there's something worthwhile I'm those mountains, else I'm gonna be pissed
>>
Any chance of some Washington writefaggery more specificaly west cascades
>>
>>34278853
New invite link anon
>>
>>34273785
So why would anyone want to venture out into the ashlands? like what's the motivation?
>>
File: D8CRtMS.jpg (39KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
D8CRtMS.jpg
39KB, 374x374px
>>34280540
forgot pic
>>
>>34280548
>>34280540
unscavanged petrified cities = treasure
>>
>>34280540
Primary reason? Scavving. People will risk a lot for free shit, and it would be out there just waiting. This is not something most sane people would do but the same cunts who subscribed to Soldier of Fortune and Guts in the 80's would jump at the chance for some adventure with a little return.
Also S&R teams, both professional and volunteer.
>>
>>34280540
Exploration (scientific or otherwise), scavenging, adventure, morbid curiosity, looting, bounty or trophy hunting, mercenary work, trade, you name it. There are plenty of reasons to venture forth into the brave new frontier that is the Ashlands.

The various factions of post-rupture America may also have reason to send men into the ash. For example the NEC sent more than a few squads into the various zones in order to determine if Cheyenne Mountain or other bunkers had survived the Rupture.

Hell, a few of those units even made it back to tell the tale.
>>
why is the olympic penninsla in the outer ashlands? If i recall correctly eastern washington and seattle would be fucked but the olympic penninsula, the hoh rainforest would be fine, no ash at all. It would be comfy as fuck living there.
>>
trying to put together a discord tabletop for this with buds, any recommendations on what to do for character sheets? so far weve decided maybe something like fallouts special and skills with perks as well but rewritten to be geared towards ash
>>
>>34280540
Loot?
>>
>>34276239
Western Canada is too busy being it's own warzone between Nazi's and Native gangs fighting over train routes.
>>
>>34277628
No, leave it here. These self appointed gatekeepers need to fuck off.
>>
Holy shit, I can't believe you guys are still at it. Good job guys, keep it up.

Last time I saw a thread for it, I spent like 2 hours trying to ease the autism of fa/tg/uys to no avail.
>>
>>34278310
/tg/ got lost in the sauce and didn't understand the theme or the spirit of the Ashlands. They sperged out about the pattern of the Ashfall, the fractured allegiances, etc. etc. Couldn't just have fun with it.

This needs to stay on /k/. /k/ommandos seem to get it, and have fun with it, and it was born here. Safe travels Ashlanders.
>>
Hey can i get a discord link?
>>
What's happing in Missouri?
>>
Based on the map it's in the outer ashlands, so probably famine slightly offset by agricultural industry. Large amounts of livestock and other fauna mean some amount of mutants. I imagine lots of theft post rupture from influx of refugees, crippling an already poor economy.
>>
>>34285651
Nazis?
>>
>>34286299
Wait, did someone try to take it to /tg/?

>>34286363
https://discord.gg/axu5VV
>>
>>34286377
>>34286552
I could see the large amount of lakes and rivers being used for trading, transportation, and piracy.
>>
>>34273785
Camel 5 reporting, Daily Weather report shows standard gray skies with a hint of blue.
Ever since it happened I never knew my obsession with aviation will bring to fruition a new idea that will help the Lone Fort State expand.
We knew the eruption will get ash into the atmosphere, ending Air Transport for almost all Aircraft. I went to the Alamo Complex just south of River City, where most of the mil resides.I told them I had a idea to make us the new kings and to expand trade. So what I did is attached a filter essentially to the air intake of our C-130s we had on base along with any other turboprop and regular prop Aircraft. We became the trading state, with fresh fish getting caught on the coast getting flown in and traded over the Ashlands. Our C-130s became flying trading posts over the lands.
>>
>>34286852
Maybe a long time ago, I don't see it in the archive or catalog.
>>
>>34286852
About 2 or 3 months ago, it was kind of a shit show.
>>
>>34274822
Unless you plan on having it be a plot point, maybe make it so the super sealed basement hatch has a screw-in port for a CBRN filter so you don't suffocate?
>>
>>34276132
>>34276132
cities or military camps?
>>
>>34276132
Forward Operating Bases and the like
>>
>>34277275

I don't normally hang out in these threads, but figured I'd check this one out

Your stuff is pretty good, I'd read more
>>
>>34286940

>Lone Fort State
>I went to the Alamo Complex just south of River City

Please tell me River City is New Braunfels
>>
File: True North Flag.png (8KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
True North Flag.png
8KB, 1024x683px
>>34286789
In Winnipeg, mainly based around the abandoned Kapyong base & Minto armory
>>
>>34288446
It's part of the greater Area. Annexed
>>
>>34288711
Winnipeg has a few good train yards which the Nazi's or "True North Provisional Army" fight over with the gangs of Winnipeg who have banded together to take over most of the city North of the Assiniboine.
>>
File: IMG_3315.jpg (4KB, 116x97px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3315.jpg
4KB, 116x97px
I like the versions of this map where California is worse off
>>
>>34277321
>>34277527
>letters on a flag
hoist it high so I know where the faggots are
>>
>>34274314
>Is that really such a bad thing?
No, Morrowind was pretty good, Morrowind: The /k/ Edition would also be neat
[spoiler]N'wah[/spoiler]
>>
>>34288748
I believe I also wrote that there was another "True North" group that came out of CFB Borden but I never really elaborated; I just focused on what I knew and a lot has happened since the last ashlands threads so I will probably continue to focus on Winnipeg, specifically on the new gang culture of Manitoba.
>>
File: Ashland camo.png (1MB, 1340x615px) Image search: [Google]
Ashland camo.png
1MB, 1340x615px
Rate my shitty ashland camo I threw together in MSpaint in like 10 minutes

>>34280540
Ancestral homes s'wit
>>
File: Gulf Republic Flag(1).jpg (71KB, 725x483px) Image search: [Google]
Gulf Republic Flag(1).jpg
71KB, 725x483px
Here's a flag for the gulf republic to use. I'll make a high quality one later. Look in the discord for color explanation.
>>
Nvm if there already is one. Just thought I'd make that in case there wasn't
>>
so i haven't seen anyone mention hawaii, anyone have any ideas on what would happen to the island state in this scenario?
>>
>>34289703
they'd probably return to savagery and be conquered by china after some years
>>
>>34289703
>>34289738
Check the previous threads
>>
>>34289945
someone with patience should really find all the threads and list them properly
>>
>>34273785
>Virginia and Georgia
>Cucked by the Carolina's
>>
So is that flag good or naw?
>>
>>34287246
I now feel like an absolute dipshit for not thinking of that.

I'll edit in a CBRN port later, since I still have the story saved
>>
>>34289249
I like the flag. Can anyone post a new invite link for the Discord?
>>
File: DeepZone.jpg (178KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
DeepZone.jpg
178KB, 680x650px
Other thread was taken down, post inna ashlands geer nao.
>>
Someone should write up something about raiders attacking eastbound refugees.
>>
>>34280098
go to wiki and look up New Venice
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.