[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 54

File: SCOOBA_VS_CHAT.jpg (217KB, 1000x655px) Image search: [Google]
SCOOBA_VS_CHAT.jpg
217KB, 1000x655px
Rare scuba edition

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/EZCrqG5n

Last thread ruined by shitposters: >>34249049
>>
File: Screenshot_20170616-055227.png (985KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170616-055227.png
985KB, 1080x1920px
Non restricted ar10
>>
Post rare Scubas plz
>>
>>34272645
don't tell the rcmp
>>
Also

>implying any /cg/ thread isn't 50-75% shitposting
>>
petition for suppressors closes tomorrow, almost at 11,000. go sign if you haven't already.

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-575
>>
Don't forget about E-1093 either. 12K and counting.

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-1093
>>
File: 20170301_162615.jpg (99KB, 972x1296px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_162615.jpg
99KB, 972x1296px
>>34272727
>>
>NEA is NR
Well I'll be damned.
Guess I should've known better than to expect logic in gun laws.
>>
can we work on the pastebin? its pretty shit
>>
>>34272789
Damn... filled it out but when I went to confirm it via email I get an SSL Error.
>>
>>34272789
This is the kind of shit that should be a given, but we still have to ask for it

Goddamn
>>
File: 1496079620336.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1496079620336.png
440KB, 645x1260px
this country fucking sucks
>>
Don't forget to post lots of your prohibs, especially Moleman and CTG.

Pictures of you shooting your prohibs are also welcome.

Thanks.
>>
>>34274764
epic xd
>>
File: 20170615_182824.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_182824.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>34274764
Got lots of prohibs
>>
>>34273030
Where'd you get this one? I don't think he ever posted it here. Certainly doesn't match his whole persona.
>>
>>34274793
What is the cyclic rate like on your ak? Pretty manageable?
>>
>>34274058
What did you want in the paste bin to make it not shit.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1497642501782.jpg (31KB, 582x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497642501782.jpg
31KB, 582x960px
>>34274430

Right?

Not like they actually want knowledgeable people or anything.
>>
File: faggotidentified.gif (126KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
faggotidentified.gif
126KB, 720x480px
>>34274764

This fucking stale meme

lel your so clever anon le rcmp honeypot XDDD
>>
>>34274764
This is really starting to get old.
>>
>>34275155
>>34275160
You'll never, ever, pass for one of us. Ever.

You'll never, ever win.
>>
>>34274993
Between 6-700rpm i think
>>
Reminder that roughly half the 46 respondents of this poll would rather the people who complain about CTG/MM every thread GTFO instead.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13167688
>>
>>34272747
>>34272789
Signed both, hopefully the RCMP won't kick down my door later and murder me for descent
>>
How many more threads do you think we'll ruin before we have some half decent content?
>>
>>34275317
The tripfags are the problem. If they left, the threads would immediately improve. That they refuse means something very important.
>>
>>34274793
>"lots of prohibs here, haha"
>is Moleman
>has access to materials and equipment
it would be a joke if it wasn't you posting lol
>>
>>34275284

Re-enforce your door, comrade.
>>
>>34275317

All of them.

Where are the prohibited firearms? You guys should post some.

Even better would be you guys shooting some.
>>
File: 12-x-18-x-1-2-blue-cutting-board.jpg (89KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
12-x-18-x-1-2-blue-cutting-board.jpg
89KB, 1000x1000px
>>34276020
Check out my prohib AR lower!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3chSzLxPuzU
>>
File: FB_IMG_1430341881165.jpg (31KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1430341881165.jpg
31KB, 540x960px
>>34276020
>>
File: IMG_2965.jpg (77KB, 640x865px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2965.jpg
77KB, 640x865px
>>34276020
Back to ruin another thread, I see.
Check out my illegal potential full auto babby killer lower.
>>
>>34275390
That /k/ isn't your personal hugbox, and that the overwhelming majority either don't care about their antics or find them mildly amusing? Yes, we've established that, thanks.
>>
>>34275390
They aren't the problem, in theory it's the redundant shitposting that is the problem, that can apply to anons as well.
>>
>Call CFO to verify person's pal for gun I sold
>Shower, make lunch, go grocery shopping, cure cancer
>Still waiting for somebody to pick up
Do they take this fucking long on purpose? This is fucking ridiculous. I'm at the point where I'm just gonna send the guy the gun without finding out if he's allowed to.
>>
File: metal-tubes-4.jpg (148KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
metal-tubes-4.jpg
148KB, 600x400px
>>34274764
Here are some prohibs for you salty anon
>>
>>34276442
What province?
>>
>>34276453
BC
>>
>>34276448
>tfw you never have a steel shop with the potential to make over 5000 prohib guns a year
>>
File: pipe shotgun.jpg (510KB, 2012x2845px) Image search: [Google]
pipe shotgun.jpg
510KB, 2012x2845px
>>34276469
Dude, if you have a hacksaw and a drill you can make a restricted-length shotgun.
>>
>>34276469
Feels bad man
>>
>>34276462
He asked you that so he could identify you. You fell for it. Learn from this.
>>
>>34276534
What? I never gave him any of my information. I'm trying to verify his PAL.
>>
>>34276552
You told him where you are and what you did (with the government)
>>
>>34276579
I have no idea what you're getting at.
>>
>>34276442
jesus you kids are impatient. talk about instant gratification culture. just because you can buy shit on amazon super fast and get any info off google in seconds, doesn't mean the rest of life is going to work the same. it's an understaffed government bureaucracy, it's going to take longer than your Starbucks order, chill the fuck out and wait
>>
>>34276606
I'm sorry but 45 minutes is not acceptable at all. If anything they're just encouraging people to sell their guns to people who can't legally own them.
>>
>>34276606
How's your local gunshop going gramps?
>>
>>34276589
Those are a sufficient amount of bits of information for tens of thousands of people (likely with malign intention) to identify you.
>>
>>34276649
I made the mistake of mentioning that I ordered a gun online at my local LGS. They got pissed that I didn't buy from them, guaranteed me that they had what I had ordered online and that I should cancel my order, took me into the shop, and surprise surprise, they didn't have what I ordered, so they tried to sell me on a bunch of shit that wasn't what I wanted. Annoying. Their pistol selection is pretty shit too, half of it is turkish knockoffs. Last time I was in I asked if they had a Glock 17, which you can get basically anywhere. They had glocks, but not a 17, and then tried to sell me on an S&W SD9.
>>
Is it legal for me to walk to a shooting range with a restricted firearm if I'm following all other regulations
>>
>>34276858
Yes, but hide it and go above and beyond with storage requirements and don't get caught until you've made it to the range itself. When someone says 'I was going to the range' when caught with a firearm nobody will believe them.
>>
>>34272645

Its not an AR 10

Its an AR102

it was an obscure 'sporting' semi auto armalite only made 24 of.

Thats why we can have it.
>>
>>34276858
Keep it locked in its case with trigger lock.
Inside a backpack.
Ammo in a separate container or bag.
>>
>>34276858
Start a GPS log on Google maps or whatever for extra fuck you proof if you get stopped.
>>
ok... I know I'm going to get shit from you guys, but hear me out:

aside from a few fringe autists (that we all love despite their disability), most of Canadian firearms owners would agree that a safety course and basic licensing to ensure we don't give guns to serious criminals, morons or people who have no idea how to operate them properly and safely and no intention of learning, is generally a sound idea.

now, jokes about pieces of metal and ethereal ideas of anything potentially being anything else aside, if we are being truly honest, we can all agee that 80% shit is definitely easier to convert to a functioning firearm than it is to convert a slab of aluminum, piece of plastic or your shovel. it is literally designed to be fairly easily completable by someone with minimal tools and experience. addressing the pipe-elephant in the room: almost all of 80% shit is things like AR15, Glock and 1911 pistols, things that are clearly not in the same category of firearm in terms of capability and capacity than a one-shot 12Ga that needs to be disassembled to be reloaded. again, if we are being honest and talking in practical terms, not philosophical concepts, that is a reality we can all acknowledge.

now, if this 80% crackdown goes no further than just making sure that almost firearms do not fall into the hands of those who are not licensed, it's difficult to argue that the sky is falling.
>sure, if this will be used as a stepping stone to argue for prohibition of ARs, then you were right and we are having an entirely different conversation.
but as far as things stand now, the outrage, sophistry and mental contortionism everyone is engaging in is not warranted. all that has happened so far is a loophole for very easy unlicensed gun ownership has been closed.

and if you are not in agreement with the law, don't care for changing it and just want illegal firearms, why would you expect the law to make it easy for you to break it and throw a tantrum when it does not?
>>
>>34277585
AR15 80% lowers are prohibited though, not restricted. If the ruling was restricted it would be kind of stupid, but somewhat reasonable. The RCMP has something bad planned and we can't pretend they're gonna stop here.
>>
>>34276944
>NEA
>NEA making modernized version of AR-102
>NEA making a midernized version of AR-102, and obscure and by all account unsuccessful design

>new affordable NR
>new affordable NR that's SA, mag-fed and in .308
>new affordable NR that's SA, mag-fed and in .308, looks and operates for all interns and purposes like an AR-10 and is tacticool as balls

my ammosexuality is in crisis, boiz!
like, I can't even! am I hopeful and excited about this or do I know this will be garbage? why is it still today instead of two month from now? the suspense is worse than the likely letdown.. or maybe just maybe.. omg, send youtube reviews! ughh!
>>
>>34274696
Then leave, we won't miss you.
>>
>>34277671
I think the rationale would be that if you are licensed to buy a complete lower, there is little reason for you not to buy a complete good quality lower and instead spend way more money on something that requires work and tools, jigs, etc. just to try and get it barely close to what you could pay half the price for otherwise

it stands to reason that you are either an unlicensed person who doesn't want to go the legal route, so you are going the 80% route because that's the only one available to you. or you are licensed and then

the prohibition can come from the fact that 80% is designed to be milled, if you are going to mill it for illegal purposes of doing so without license or without intent to register it, then it would follow you are also likely to mill it to be prohibitedI mean, you are already breaking the law anyway.
whereas the owner of a legal AR has not gone to all that trouble, isn't breaking the law, went and bought it the legal route and registered it, so the assumption that they will out of the blue decided to convert their AR to M16 is very much unwarranted

this is a weak argument, but it could be made and the ball could very well stop at 80%.

TL;DR: the person actively engaging in fabricating a functioning unregistered restricted firearm from an 80% lower can't be equated to a person who simply possesses a legally registered and owned functioning AR-15 lower. obviously license or lackthereof also playing a role
>>
>>34277911
didn't realize I didn't finish my thought there
>or you are licensed and then
you are going out of your way for reason other than you just want a complete lower, which you can have legally. so again: off the books or FA is what you're after
>>
>>34275390
Oh just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>34277933
Okay it makes a bit of a point, but it's extremely anti freedom. What's to stop someone from building a gun if they want? Plenty of people in the US build AKMs and AR15s even though they're legal, because it's a hobby. Other receivers were made restricted or non-restricted. What is to stop someone from milling a handgun lower to accept an auto sear? What is to stop someone from getting the glock full auto backplates? What is to stop people from putting a 3 position trigger group, m16 bolt are a DIAS in their AR? Still nothing. No matter what those fuckers at the RCMP do, people will still break the law. And most importantly, AR15s shouldn't even be restricted. None of these stupid arbitrary restrictions have any purpose to exist other than disarming citizens. Nazi Germany had better laws than this bullshit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017_04_28_21_31_52_1.png (991KB, 1437x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017_04_28_21_31_52_1.png
991KB, 1437x1001px
>>34277585
>aside from a few fringe autists (that we all love despite their disability), most of Canadian firearms owners would agree that a safety course and basic licensing to ensure we don't give guns to serious criminals, morons or people who have no idea how to operate them properly and safely and no intention of learning, is generally a sound idea.

But that's fucking wrong. The cfsc is a useless hurdle designed to discourage interest in the sport.
>>
>>34277771
Deal breaker: Are there any 10-round magazines for it?

Side question: What goes on in the heads of people who show up for competitions and/or do tactical operator training with 5-round magazines? I personally couldn't bear the humiliation nor tolerate the debasement of my character. I see those Rod Giltaca b-clips and I think 'jesus these cuckolds'
>>
>>34278267
hey, fair enough, I never said it was a strong argument

but the logical litmus test for this is a reverse question: if you're going to let anonymous unlicensed people to buy something that is half hour away from being a firearm, then why even have licensing and classification at all?

if 14-year-old Ahmed gets a big money gift from his Saudi uncle, and he can just go online and buy and complete the 80% AR lower and G19 frame, buy the part kits needed, buy the upper/slide, buy mags, buy reloading equipment and all the ammunition components, put his rifle and handgun together and load up the ammo -- what's the point of licensing? why not just let 14 year olds, or anyone for that matter, regardless of age, criminal history, mental state, intent of use, etc just let EVERYONE buy AR-15s, Glocks and ammo for it, why not?

if you have a loophole that destroys the point of having a law, then you either close the loophole or you abolish the law. and while I'm sure all the /k/ommandos' first instinct would be to make everything freely available for everyone. once you realize that actually doesn't mean "I can have whatever I want and everyone else will just remain as they are", you'll realize that's not such a great idea. there is a reason a 10 or 14-year-old Ahmed can't buy an AR at the grocery store just because he might have the money, a reason why a violent junky with two counts of aggravated assault and robbery shouldn't be able to get a gun whenever they want to
>>34278418
and a reason we have basic safety course and test, to make sure people who end up being able to buy guns don't shoot people next to them accidentally, because they didn't learn the most basic responsibility or physical rules for handling and operating a firearm. it's basic logic, putting some common sense constraints on us all for everyone's benefit.
>and I'm just talking about licensing reasons, please don't twist it into "no AK/waiting period/registration is for everyone's safety, right?"
>>
Just curious, what are the chances of running into LEOs if you're shooting in the woods?
>>
>>34278892
0 just fish cops, which are worse.
>>
>>34278831
Except anyone stupid enough to shoot someone else via their stupidity is stupud enough for the cfsc to go in one ear and out the other. It does nothing but bore the shit out of everyone involved, and add an extra expense to what should be a simple process. All you should need is goverment ID.
>>
>>34274764
If you government faggots ever get to see one of my prohibs you'll be looking down the fucking barrel.
>>
>>34278919
well, anyone stupid enough for that will also fuck up the test and not have the ability to cause harm to self or others due to that stupidity
same reason you don't have everyone who can buy a car and has no idea how it works or how to drive, just be given the keys and allowed straight into the streets. because there are other people.
I mean, you can use breathing as your threshold for being able to have a firearm. that's an opinion, sure. I'm just saying that's not a very viable way to have a functioning society.
>if you lived alone on a desert island with no possibility of impacting anyone's life but your own, go bananas, but we don't
>>
tell me how this
>>34279025
well, anyone stupid enough for that will also fuck up the test and not have the ability to cause harm to self or others due to that stupidity

is a valid reply to this
>>34279025
Except anyone stupid enough to shoot someone else via their stupidity is stupud enough for the cfsc to go in one ear and out the other.

without jewish mind tricks
>>
>>34279306
if there is a course and a test, for people who are that dumb or immature and for whom the course goes in one ear and out the either -- they will do some stupid shit like muzzle-sweep themselves or the instructor, not get enough points with correct answer, not pass the test and not get the firearm to be stupid with. if there was no test and they can just buy a gun and go to the range, then the chances of them shooting someone slightly increase (since, you know, they're still the same dangerously inept, uneducated and careless person, it's just now that's not preventing them from having a gun anyway)
how is this complicated?
>>
Out of curiosity, what are the Canadian laws regarding NDing in a household ?
>>
>>34279559
These would be likely be the main charges
http://criminalnotebook.ca/index.php/Careless_Use_or_Storage_of_a_Firearm_(Offence)
http://criminalnotebook.ca/index.php/Discharging_a_Firearm_(Offence)
>>
>>34279559
Don't tell anyone. You could get charged with unlawful discharge improper use of a firearm improper storage and probably a ton of other bullshit charged you'd have to fight in court
>>
>>34279559
>curiosity
Sure anon.
>>
>>34279559
you're about to find out
>just because you can't hear anything after your nd, doesn't mean someone hasn't heard and reported it already
>>
>>34277585
While people here are 100% behind the idea of firearm owners being well educated in basic firearm safety, I think most people would be more on-board with firearm safety being a standard part of the public high-school curriculum than the requirement to own firearm without criminal penalties. Both my parents, even in the most anti-gun province of Canada, had firearm safety as part of their education because it was seen as an important thing to know for life as a Canadian citizen.

As for ease of convertability, since the SP1 specification being designed specifically designed to avoid prevent the use of a drop-in auto-sear, keep in mind that any SP1 receiver will have less machining required to convert to full auto than an 80% does. To prohibit anything based on the potential misuse is inarguably a thought-crime and the fact that such has never actually been discussed in parliament but instead decided upon by unelected bureaucrats in the Canadian law enforcement community is not in any way flattering and makes us look more like a "banana republic" than anything even remotely first-world. It is an absolute embarrassment and a perversion of justice which provides exactly zero benefit in terms of public safety.
>>
>>34279688
>>34279978
>>34280091
I asked because my friend was telling me how he knew a guy that served time for NDing a pistol
>>
Celebrating 150 years of mediocrity.
>>
File: 1491631077062.gif (2MB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1491631077062.gif
2MB, 230x230px
>>34277771
Is this one guy posting the same mick every thread? get better ones!
>>
>>34278780

XCR-M PISTOL MAGS
>>
How hard are the hunting and non-restricted gun courses? They say that I am expected to read each manual of ~250 pages before attending.
>>
>>34280969
I just did my non restricted course, I pretty much knew everything just from lurking /k/ and having common sense. Just listen to anything mentioned about laws and you'll be fine.
>>
>>34278831
Well to start, it's literally never happened before. It's been an option for years. Criminals don't give one shit about doing it, because even at the cheapest, you're looking at thousands of dollars in initial startup costs, and hours of work and research to finish the receiver and assemble it. Meanwhile they can spend one thousands dollars and get a shitty throwaway gun from their dealer that has already been used in a dozen crimes, and they know works, and won't have to clean or learn anything about. In the end, you can have your hypothetical super criminal still make AR15 lowers out of plain aluminum billets, just by taking additional time, since it's the same tools that take it from 0% to 80% as the ones that take it from 80% to 100%.
>>
>>34277585

I generally agree with this. The optics are bad, it's basically saying BUY YOUR GHOST GUN HERE WE INCLUDE EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN UNREGISTERED AR

My main issue is that the RCMP are overstepping their authority by deeming things illegal.
>>
>>34280969
The manuals are identical. As long as you aren't a collosal gay retard then you'll be fine.
>>
A lot of discussion about prohibited guns, but not enough pictures of your own or of you shooting them.

Please post some.

Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_1273.jpg (11KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1273.jpg
11KB, 250x225px
>>34282912
Stop shitting up our threads.
>>
>>34278831
I dont think you understand criminals. Criminals dont want full auto ar 15s or aks except for drug kingpins as a bragging peice, otherwise they will say its too much heat, i start shit with wannabe gangsters and coke head all the time who try to buy guns from me and every simgle one of them are stupid peices of shit, the only guns they want are mainly handguns, or "shottys" they can saw down, ive told them i can make them full auto aks or 9mm sub guns but they dont want that shit, A, cause they cant afford it. And B, they smart enough to know full auto is worse to be busted with while selling coke than say, a shotgun. You vastly underestimate just how dumb actual criminals are. And theres two kinds of criminals, paper criminals, the ones who are you average person who have 0 intention of hurting anyone or doing stuff detrimental to society, and dangerous criminals who hurts others either directly through violence or indirectly for example by selling drugs such as meth, heroin, coke. Just cause someone owns prohibs illegally doesnt make them a dangerous criminal at all. Thats like saying someones a dangerous criminal cause they dont signal when they drive or cause they didnt pay taxes that one time.
>>
>>34283554
>Thats like saying someones a dangerous criminal cause they dont signal when they drive or cause they didnt pay taxes that one time.

One of those things is incredibly dangerous you braindead hick.

Also, >selling guns to dangerous criminals
>are unbelievably stupid, negligent and dangerous

makes sense
>>
>>34283626
>braindead hick
Subhuman half slav half french troglodyte actually. Do you even own guns?
>>
>>34283554

>i start shit with wannabe gangsters and coke head all the time who try to buy guns from me and every simgle one of them are stupid peices of shit, the only guns they want are mainly handguns, or "shottys" they can saw down,

aside from the fact that you dabble with crackheads n shit this is pretty obvious. the gangbangers in my city want small concealable shit, one time this 14y/o gangster got caught with a modified flare gun that fired shotgun cartridges lol

>ive told them i can make them full auto aks or 9mm sub guns but they dont want that shit,

mmm moleman, maybe uh.. maybe dont do that?
>>
What are some good non-restricted babby's first gun I can legally buy in Canada?
>>
>>34283793
SKS
>>
>>34283751
Its impossible to avoid coke heads or meth heads in my town, the offering them guns part, i offer the most absurd and ridiculous shit to them knowing they wont and cant buy it but only after they come to me and ask "eh man can you get me a glawk or shotty i can saw down?" Often times they end up thinking im a cop cause i offer them rpgs and tanks and other ridiculous shit
>>
>>34283809

lmfao, i feel that
>>
>>34283879
Ive had one og ask if i could get him a glock and i said not really cause theyre registered but IF i did itd be like 2500$ and he said "are you dumb you can get them for 800$ at gun store". So i just okay go and get one at the gunstore then. Then i tried selling him grenades and spooked him
>>
>>34283922
Oddly enough, I'd rather have that conversation than the millionth "Don't make Anon mad or he'll shoot ya! LOLOLOL SO CLEVER JOKE!" or the "I'm coming to YOUR house if shit hits the fan!"...

>Why? If shit hits the fan, I'll be shooting anyone who tries to take my stuff. Why would I give it to you? Because you make really shitty comments about my owning guns until suddenly you need a gun?
>>
>>34283922
Kek. I'd be more interested in a paperless Glock than a grenade.
>>
>>34280161
Not that anon, but while I'm not against people being able to learn firearms use and safety in school, the logical counter is that a relatively small number of people own or use firearms and because of that the expense in tax dollars would be too great, not to mention safety concerns. Basically gotta get everyone's parents or guardians to sign a waiver so the entire school system doesn't go bankrupt when someone sues. And then there's the largely irrational fear of someone going Columbine on the place that you're going to get from the soccermoms. And the more real concern of some depressed kid deciding to an hero himself.

Frankly I'd rather they start teaching Civics, and other 'social studies' type stuff to help promote understanding of how the government works, as well as increase participation by the public. It should be relatively to keep bias out of lessons about how Democracy in Canada functions, as well as the history of it (and I know it's possible to use bias with history).
>>
>>34283981

lol this is the most bot like reply ive ever read

>>34283992

yeah but youll never hear about paperless anything, if anyone has something w/o a paper they're a) keeping it for themselves, b) if they did sell itd be a disgusting price
>>
>>34283981
People at my work keep saying im a serial killer cause i own guns. But im 99% sure its just bantz cause theres also talk of raping me if im caught alone in one of the bays.
>>
>>34284037
"bot like"?
>>
File: 1494550913798.jpg (92KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1494550913798.jpg
92KB, 1024x576px
>>34283981
>If shit hits the fan, I'll be shooting anyone who tries to take my stuff.

Remember folks, according to /k/ the number one thing you do in a natural or man-made catastrophe is to start killing people. Lots of people.

Screw helping your fellow man or rendering aid or helping to maintain order. Hunker down in your shack and take pot shots with your SKS at anything that moves.

Although since you are a leaf I really could care less what YOU do
>>
>>34284033
If you're not a nogunzfag in a Canada thread, that means you must have taken a firearm safety course. Therefore, you'd know that there's a grand total of ZERO LIVE ROUNDS used anywhere in the thing.
Signing wavers isn't a problem at all. Fuck, we have parents sign wavers for all sorts of shit. As for cost, it's literally a one day course and the props can be used over and over and over again. We spend more tax dollars on teaching kids how to put on condoms.
Bringing up suicide also doesn't make any sense. When our current firearm laws came into practice, while the suicide by firearm rate dropped, the rate of suicide by hanging rose by the same amount, leaving a completely unchanged total suicide rate. If you're going to argue that suicide is alright if a gun isn't used, you're going to come off as either a retard or a crazy person, so pick your battle.
>>
>>34284051
Helping people is different than being fucking raided.

I'll gladly help people build more water filtration systems and whatnot, but if you want a gun or something of mine, it's going to be through trade.
>>
>>34284051
Well depending on the situation our group also follows a shoot on site order except for women and children unless under very extreme circumstances, cause the most likely people who will try to kill you or get you get arent other armed people, its the hoards of scared unarmed useless city folk who will show up at your place begging for food water etc, but the second you let them in theyre trying to get as much as they possibly can
>>
>>34284088
Do you ever use periods?
>>
>>34284088
EXACTLY. A shit hit the fan scenario makes everyone show their true colours. I, for one, would rather not be stabbed in the back over a can of peaches or a box of .22's.
>>
File: 1459378923312.jpg (86KB, 608x626px) Image search: [Google]
1459378923312.jpg
86KB, 608x626px
What's the average price for prohibs in Canada?
>>
>>34284121
I don't even type, i just hit the middle word in the thing above my keyboard (mobile posting scum). Also my screen is broken so that doesnt help
>>
>>34284158
Lawful prohibs? Fucking peanuts, man. If you go to auctions, there are so few people there licensed for them that you see AK's go for 150. Not even kidding.
>>
>>34284158

stupid low, go to any gunshow and you're almost guaranteed to see cases full of old revolvers and .32 pistols for like $150-200, because their is simply no market. even prohib rifles like AKs and G3's go for maybe $800-1000, even less in some cases.
>>
File: 1473484091298.jpg (50KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473484091298.jpg
50KB, 600x480px
>>34284175
>>34284181

What about unlawful ones?
>>
>>34284187

not so fast mr. lawman.
>>
>>34284187
I havent talked to your mom in a few weeks so i couldnt tell you
>>
>>34284158
See for yourself:
http://joesalter.ca/Prohib
In general, the pistols are a lot cheaper than the comparable restricted, as the market that can buy them is so limited. Note that this doesn't apply to the long guns or converted autos of any sort.

Ellwood Epps used to (they may still) rebarrel older Lugers in order to make them restricted (longer barrel). They contact the CFC and get them re-registered once the new barrel is added.
>>
>>34284187
Go ask your drug dealer.
>>
>>34284199
There are also options to rebarrel old .25's and .32's to de-prohib them. They just neck them down.
>>
>>34284045
>People at my work keep saying I'm a serial killer cause I own guns.

Yeah, I know that feel.

>Yeah! My pistol is finally in the mail!
>Anon, why do you need a pistol? They're made for one thing, and that's killing people!

>That moment when idiot anti-gunners think there is no possible scenario where you might ever need to kill another real human bean
>>
>>34284207
Yeah, for the .32ACP there's the .30 Reid.
>>
File: 1453196590040.png (2MB, 3512x4192px) Image search: [Google]
1453196590040.png
2MB, 3512x4192px
>>34284200

Nothing of interest. Just pistols
>>
>>34284175
>>34284181
>>34284199
How does one acquire a lawful prohib?
>>
>>34284260
If you have to ask, you're too late. You would've had to own guns that became prohibited back in the mid-late 90's to be grandfathered in for prohibs in that class. So even if you owned an AK but didn't own a <106mm/.25/.32 pistol, you still wouldn't be able to acquire prohib pistols since those are in a different class from AK's.
>>
>>34284260
You need to have the appropriate prohib license:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/prohibited-prohibe-eng.htm

Licenses are also granted for armorers for films shot in Canada, and for some gunsmiths, ranges and gunstores.
>>
>>34284292
Oh, you can also be allowed to purchase a prohib pistol if you have an Authorization To Carry, but ATC's for anything but trappers/geologists/armed security guards are pretty much unobtainium unless you're a politician, celebrity or something and make sizable "donations" to the right people.
>>
Are 80 lowers good to go or did they get banned yet?
>>
File: NEA102BLK-1A.jpg (142KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
NEA102BLK-1A.jpg
142KB, 800x533px
are there any basic specs out for the NEA102, since it's now the hot new NR?
>got curious and tried looking through the CGN thread
>it's 135 pages of fudds creaming themselves
>got lost in the fudd jizz
>>
File: JR-Carbine-9mm-right-side.jpg (62KB, 1500x477px) Image search: [Google]
JR-Carbine-9mm-right-side.jpg
62KB, 1500x477px
Can anyone recommend any non-restricted PCCs (pistol caliber carbines) other than the JR carbine and the sub2000? There doesn't seem to be much choice.
>>
>>34284051
>fellow man
>fellow
yeah, that's not how I'd describe the hordes of new """canadians""" that out number me here in the GTA
>>
>>34284493
wait for a nr cz evo. not even sure if it will ever happen but fucking hell i hope it does
>>
>>34284493
Beretta CX4. Reliable, accurate and easy to clean.
>>
>>34284493
>>34284605 here,
also the trigger is so-so.
>>
>>34284493
BRS-99. Buy the NR version and swap the Restricted barrel in. Ezpz.
>>
>>34284569
IRG is importing NR barrels now.
>>
>>34284853
will they be converting the R's to NR themselves before selling them?
>>
>>34284862
So far it just seems to be the barrels.
I don't think IRG has gunsmiths on staff, at least not ones capable of swapping a pressed barrel.
>>
File: 1467766717610.jpg (41KB, 438x352px) Image search: [Google]
1467766717610.jpg
41KB, 438x352px
>>34284493
what's wrong with the Sub 2000?

I've seen the same anon post "any other PCC than Sub 2000 available out there?"
>now he added JR too
isn't it like the only actually good Kel Tec product and is the cheapest, lightest, most reliable PCC out there?
why the disdain for plebs?
>>
>>34285068

If you shoot it enough, it'll fall apart (Gen 1's anyway).
No joke, I know at least 2 people it's happened to.
>>
>>34272639
At the risk of triggering CTG and moleman, i have set a date for the AB meet, itll be held on the 2nd and 3rd of September since it is a weekend, give me time as well to save up money to prepare for the meet if that date doesn't work for you, you have 2 months to make it work as id hate to plan all this and spend money for nothing. For detailsand what time you should be at the meet spot email my burner; [email protected]
>>
File: IMG-20130101-01008_zpsb53bfc3b.jpg (65KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20130101-01008_zpsb53bfc3b.jpg
65KB, 1024x768px
>>34285187
are you sure you're not thinking abut the SU-16, that thing does beat itself apart, but that's what happens when you put a metal bolt carrier into a plastic receiver

the sub, on the other hand is a retardedly simple blowback design, pipe-receiver with a chunk of metal bolt in it, there is very little in that thing to fail in the first place
never heard of sub 2000 falling apart and failing, other than some early Gen1 .40 versions having extraction issues
>unless, maybe you mean like the screws that hold the plastic body together loosened?
>>
I got my noguns dad into guns and he's taking the course in August. He said he wants his first gun to be "something powerful" and his long term goal is to hunt, what should he get?

I only got my license last year so I'm pretty new myself.
>>
Does being a sperg automatically disqualify me from getting a PAL?
>>
File: 2012-10-05 07.46.15.jpg (304KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2012-10-05 07.46.15.jpg
304KB, 1024x768px
>>34285768
A bolt action 308 will be suitable for just about anything in North America. What is his budget?
>>
>>34285768
Buy a Nugget
>>
>>34285877
I'd say $500-1000?
Where was your photo taken?

>>34285885
Funnily enough, he saw me shooting a Finnish nugget and that was what convinced him he wanted "something powerful".
>>
>>34285877
Yeah, suggest something they'll never use.

Get a 12 gauge, retard.
>>
>>34284045
Welcome to my life
T. Scoob
>>
File: 100_2532.jpg (2MB, 2832x2128px) Image search: [Google]
100_2532.jpg
2MB, 2832x2128px
>>34285877
>>34285896
South Sask.

>Budget but works
Savage Axis
Ruger American
Savage 10/110
>Solid rifle around 1k
Ruger M77
Kimber 84M
CZ550
>>
>>34286062
Have you shot an elk or grizzly or is that illegal?
>>
File: 100_2674.jpg (946KB, 1416x1064px) Image search: [Google]
100_2674.jpg
946KB, 1416x1064px
>>34286081
I've taken 2 elk a No Grizzly's, yet.
>>
>>34286106
>I've taken
always thought it was an awkward bullshity turn of the phrase. both unnecessarily euphemistic and a tad self-important, like what you did needs special jargon. I know it's a common term, but what's wrong with "I've killed an elk" or "I shot an elk"? seems perfectly good English
>>
>>34286106
there's a sniper hidden in this photo

try to spot him before he harvests you
>>
>>34286252
It offends libtards less. You get into the habit.
>>
>>34286304
>not deriving pleasure from offending libtards

Step it up.
>>
>>34286252
You can also use the term "harvested" if that bothers you less.
>>
>>34285297
>implying i want to go to your asshurt meet up
As fun as it would be i have other things to do like catch some rattle snakes.
>>
>>34286304
I see. libtards do love their make-belief language

>>34286725
what's wrong with "kill" or "shoot" though? gees, do people actually give hunters enough shit regularly enough to force these euphemisms to become a norm?
>>
>>34286759
>not saying you won't come and then creeping up on the meet spot through the forest, and while anons are still milling about awkwardly introducing themselves to one another, announce your presence with a loud "A NUUU, CHEEEKI BREEEKI, EE V DAMKI!!!'", followed immediately by long bursts of f/a kalashnikov fire
c'mon, live a little, Digfag
>>
>>34287030
'Kill' and 'shoot' don't include the actual removal of the carcass from the ecosystem, dipshit. "I killed a deer" "And then what?" "Well, I harvested it."

The problem's in your head. You're too autistic and retarded to use the right words to begin with and blaming liberals for it.
>>
>>34287083
fuck off, you fairy. did you pluck the deer from a tree?
you shot the deer and then you ate him, big fucking deal, or skinned him or both

plants get harvested, animals get killed
>>
>>34287119
>you shot the deer and then you ate him, big fucking deal, or skinned him or both

Yes, 'harvested'. Shooting and killing are only one component of the bigger picture of what he actually did to the animal. Shooting an animal doesn't even kill it sometimes. He might've fucked it too, for all you and your 13 year old no-guns, know-nothing phony elitism would know about it.
>>
File: 20170617_195147.jpg (3MB, 1702x2199px) Image search: [Google]
20170617_195147.jpg
3MB, 1702x2199px
>>34287080
I really want to cause the salt would be immense but i broke my truck doing this
>>
>>34285068
Not sure who you're talking about, but that's my first time posting. My main gripes are that it's fucking hideous and it's expensive and complicated to mount a red dot. With the amount of money I'd have to spend, I'd may as well get a JRC
>>
>>34285898

Why wouldn't he use a bolt .308?

>tfw just bought a Savage Axis XP .308
>>
>>34287192
you "shoot" and hopefully "kill" the animal, and then you "harvest" the meat, skin, antlers, etc. you fedorable fucking troglodyte.
I know that with the rise of foggy thinking that progressives hide behind from reality, sloppy language is produced, but English is still motherfucking English, motherfucker.
>>
>>34287293
oh no, Mr. Truck! :'(
feel better soon!
>>
>>34288033
The word harvest as it relates to killing and acquiring animals covers all of those actions and it's therefore the appropriate word to use. Or take, I guess. You are top dumb and progressivism has nothing to do with that guy's choice of language. He used the right word.

Is it possible to get a newly minted prohib license as an individual if you get a prohib listed on your wilderness carry permit? Is it -only- handguns?
>>
>>34288126
Just photo copy your pal and edit it to say what ever 12.x you want. Its not like they have security features
>>
>>34285898
this
>>34287641

why would someone never use a bolt gun in one of the most common and more affordable hunting calibers around?

also
>Anon says dad became interested after seeing a full power Slav bolt gun in action
>vi suggests a modern bolt gun in a similar available North American caliber
>"lel, get a 12Ga ya goof"
literally not only completely off the mark on what Anon's dad is looking for, but even better, suggesting a fucking 12Ga as someone's first firearm
>UwotM8/10
>>
>>34288165
it's going to be an awkward transfer process if he tries to do that lol
>>
>>34288175
>He said he wants his first gun to be "something powerful" and his long term goal is to hunt

Not only are 12 gauge shotguns more powerful, they're more useful for hunting and in general, more fun to shoot, less unweildy, cheaper and actually have sports you can do. A shitty wall-hanging durr rifle even remotely comparing to the value and fun of a 12 gauge is ripe delusion. If you buy him a 308 he will lose interest and never shoot.
>>
>>34288209
cheaper to shoot is what I meant, cheaper in general also
>>
>>34288209
>muh 12Ga versatility
tries to do everything, good at nothing

if his dad never shot guns before and just doing course now, if you start him off with 12Ga, he'll fire 12Ga for a day and never want to shoot guns again
also, unless he only plans to hunt ducks, 12Ga is fucking shit for hunting. might as well chase after the fucking thing with an axe at those distances.
.308 bolt gun will feel powerful, let him hunt in a way that's actually a challenge and requires skill and work perfectly fine as a precision shooting paper-puncher for the range/plink and play sniper with soda bottles on his land or inna wood
>my durr rifle ancestors are smiling down upon me, duckgunner! can you say the same?!
>>
>>34288209

I think you like shotguns just a little bit too much. A .308 bolt gun is a fine first rifle for an adult. He should get both, then get more and more fun guns until he is bankrupt just like the rest of us
>>
>>34288300
>good at nothing

It's the best possible firearm for hunting flighted birds and ANY ANIMAL ON EARTH NEAR YOU AND MOVING. You go for a woods walk with cartridges for everything and leave with 8 or 9 animals.

Picking off an elk at 300m requires only two sticks to rub together in your head to sight the thing in in the first place. Shooting something completely out of its ear and eye-shot. Such a challenge. Wow. Many fun ATV trips. Oh, just one a year lol.

>12ga is shit for hunting
While advocating a gun only suitable for anything larger than a bull deer which you hunt all of once a season if you're not a poacher you deride the single most useful caliber of firearm on the planet with several sports.

Yeah, a $1 a bullet plinking gun you can only take out to hunt once a year and can't shoot within 50m without serious risk of richochet.

>>34288421
I don't especially like them at all. This is just what it looks like when a person free of delusion tries to correct a deranged autistic knownothing child's stupid advice to another autistic knownothing child who should know better but physically can't.
>>
>>34281942

This is the main issue with firearms legislation in canada imo.

RCMP have been writing their own laws with regards to weapons control for a long time now despite it being a clear violation of separation of powers. We don't let cops write the laws for drug prohibitions, why in the FUCK do they do this for guns?
>>
>>34288518

I know you said you dont especially like them, but im going to ask you anyways since you are replying. Is it common for people to mount optics to a shotgun when using slugs/rifled barrels? A front bead sight cant be all that effective at 200 yards
>>
>>34288683
Yes. 200 yards is really far for a 12 gauge slug.
>>
>>34288518
>all this mad
I think we can all see who the noguns child here is

yeah a 12Ga is all anyone should ever need for anything, ok there, keep listening to uncle Billy-Joe
>>
>>34288770
12 gauge firearms are the most useful firearms on the planet =! you only 'need' (commie word) a shotgun

hopefully in the future actual retards like you who can't think are gassed with SIDS as early as possible in development
>>
File: 9e9.gif (621KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
9e9.gif
621KB, 500x281px
>>34272645
I'm hyped! hope it performs
>>
>>34288770
also hyphenated names like that ending in joe are girls' names
>>
>>34288848
>you autistic retard noguns child, reee
I can tell which posts are yours in this thread from the same repetitive unimaginative insult and your absolute buttblasted attitude about anyone disagreeing with you. you're either an actual teenager or have the mental and emotional capacity of one.

also, just to clear it up, someone that hunts with a .308 bolt gun suggested it, I just agree with his suggestion, since it also falls in with anon's dad interest in another similar calibrated bolt gun.
but it was funny watching you lose your shit all the same.
>>
>>34275135
What are you, from Calgary?
You think anybody cares if you get your fucking guns?
This isn't the US. We don't see stories of children getting massacred and think "Let them eat lead" or "The US has figured out a pretty good way to run a society there, maybe we should copy them." The only reason you still get to own handguns and assault rifles is nobody has made it a priority to get rid of them, because really they're not a major public safety concern here like they are in the US.

But don't confuse "not caring" with support. Absolutely the vast majority of the country is opposed, or at least negatively inclined, towards the idea of anybody running around with an assault rifle. Only reason we let cops have assault rifles is because they're like "This is the best option to fight someone with an SKS". And even then they're too trepedatious to call a C7 an assault rifle, I saw a horse cop who called it a "semi auto Patrol rifle". Nice dodge.
>>
>>34284181
lolwtf... I think your tslking outvyour ass. please tell me where I can get a G3 for under a grand. Never seen one for less than $2K CAD in good shape.
>>
>>34289664
$A bit under $2k for mine.
>>
I'll be visiting the US in a few weeks.
Anything I should consider (legally) importing from the US?
>>
>>34290230
Alcohol, shooting gear (belts, mats, protective equipment etc.), reloading dies/presses(not 100% on this)
Most other firearms related stuff requires export paperwork (Including ammo, cases, powder, primers, bullets, etc).
Doubly if you aren't a dual citizen as most gun shops won't sell you shit.

inb4 itar $500 exemption, you still have to file paperwork for that shit.
>>
>>34290295
Thinking of magazine loaders and crap like that.
>>
>>34290345
That's all fine.
>>
>>34275135

>women's groups

why
>>
>>34289038
liars go to hell, anonymous

>>34289609
Legal guns aren't a safety concern in the US. Black male gang members commit the vast majority of murder, with guns.
>>
>>34278831
>a reason why a violent junky with two counts of aggravated assault and robbery shouldn't be able to get a gun whenever they want to
So instead of shooting me he can beat me up and or stab me?
Right fuck off cunt CC and OC of rifles and handguns in america an its not a war zone try harder next time.
HURR DURR GUY WITH THREE VIOLENT CRIMES DOESNT NEED A GUN NIETHER DO YOU
Ok peirs morgans tell that to me when he decides to stab me.
>>
>>34290230
an 80 lower.
>>
>>34278831
>and a reason we have basic safety course and test, to make sure people who end up being able to buy guns don't shoot people next to them accidentally,
And this is why if some on can build a gun they are still dumb enough to do this?
Ok how fucking hard is it to teach gun safety?
How dumb are cuckadains?
>>
>>34283554
>A, cause they cant afford it. And B, they smart enough to know full auto is worse to be busted with while selling coke than say, a shotgun
No one wants full autos because its a fucking 25 to life charge on top of everything.
I WANT a fucking FULL auto AK because I want to into "AMERICA" TM and be free.
I love guns and so do Canadians and as a crook I can guarantee the gangs already have guns stuffed under mattresses.
>>
>>34290929
>Ok peirs morgans tell that to me when he decides to stab me.
just run, hide and tell the cops about it. No one is going to stab you
>>
>>34283809
>Often times they end up thinking im a cop cause i offer them rpgs and tanks and other ridiculous shit
Where the fuck do you get all those RPGs and shit? achmed? or just rich?
If this was america I would just assume tax stamp.
>>
>>34290952
>No one wants full autos because its a fucking 25 to life charge on top of everything.
Well no one wants full auto's purely because they might as well not exist. They're super rare nowadays and super expensive because of it.

The only people making gun laws to "protect people" are the elite senators who are protected by armed personel and demand you give up your gun rights so you can't protect yourself because they magically think that even though the majority of gun crimes are gang related, stolen/illegally acquired guns but those lawmakers who know fuckall wanna make sure your AR-15 is banned.

Hell fucking Commiefornia banned anything below 80% lowers. Which pretty much means a block of aluminum is illegal at 0%
>>
File: vz-58 vs AKM.jpg (379KB, 1600x775px) Image search: [Google]
vz-58 vs AKM.jpg
379KB, 1600x775px
>>34289609
>assault rifles

are you fucking retarded
>>
>>34289609
CHOY HOY VA CHING.
SAY THAT TO THE FUCKERS IN NAM YOU ASS HOLE.
SKS is dangerous in the hands of a trained person.
So are hands and feet and metal pipes.
>>
File: 1495229983317.jpg (84KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
1495229983317.jpg
84KB, 500x213px
>>34290952
Please faggot, actually read the NFA laws.

It's tax evasion.

The "20 years in buttfuck jail" is the max penalty if you use it in the commission of a violent crime.
>>
>>34290977
>The only people making gun laws to "protect people" are the elite senators who are protected by armed personel
So that we cant "revolt"
I could not fucking care who is in office I just want to own what I want without all the red tape.
I mean IM doing it anyway but id rather the government doesnt piss its self over it.
>majority of gun crimes are gang related, stolen/illegally acquired guns but those lawmakers who know fuckall wanna
Yeah most Canadians know fuck all about guns let alone the underbelly of the crime world.
>>
>>34291056
>it in the commission of a violent crime.
Pretty sure drug dealing can turn violent but I dunno about that shit.
Anyway in america you can get multiple sentences while in Canada some gook can cut a dudes head off and walk around freely.
>>
>>34291068
>I dunno about that shit.
Yea theres a lot of shit you dunno about.
>>
>>34291061
>I could not fucking care who is in office I just want to own what I want without all the red tape.
you better care about whose in office because whose in office determines that red tape and what you can and can't have.
>>
File: 1493904931652.jpg (262KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493904931652.jpg
262KB, 700x500px
>>34291073
>Yea theres a lot of shit you dunno about.
All I know for certain is I dunno nuffin.
>>34291077
I know I should care who I vote for but Its not like any of the partys I even like.
Never voting liberal I know that.
If they just stayed away from the gun, or better yet endorsed their use...I would have an easier time deciding.
>>
>>34280527

They sold out in hours
>>
File: 1496592847749.jpg (33KB, 720x533px) Image search: [Google]
1496592847749.jpg
33KB, 720x533px
Who would have guessed some ignorant american cunt would come in and put his big fuckin nose where it doesnt belong
>>
>>34290929
lol, how did you get from "guy with three violent crimes doesn't need a rifles"
to
"neither do you"???

unless you are the guy with three violent crimes on his rap sheet, I don't see how this violates your god given freedoms, or do you just want to make loud noises and flail your arms dramatically while on the side of the righteous Libertarians, because believe me, you're not doing a very good job
>>
>>34291948
this

don't reply to the incoherent autist
>>
I just got my license. SKS and SVT-40 seems like a good first firearm, but reading more about, I notice the issues:
>not very accurate
>corrosive ammo
>scopes are all crappy PU scopes without mildots, mounting scopes is not a good idea to begin with

I'd like something like the Bushmaster ACR DMR but that is way out of my budget. Something that would be long range and accurate, maybe semi-auto, and can mount high quality/modern scopes on it.

Any ideas?
>>
>>34290931
>legally import
>80 lower
if you aren't informed about the recent developments, here's an update: 80 lowers are now prohib, so he can't import them legally
if you are informed but suggesting it anyway, it's still dumb advice: he is literally less fucked if he tries to smuggle in a 100 lower than an 80 one, since 100 is restricted, while 80 is prohibited
>>
>>34292167

damn that bipod and scope setup look sex

>>34292188

lmfao
>>
>>34292188
Aren't restricted and prohibited items punished similarly?
>>
>>34292167
I'd suggest an AR15 then. If you have the money to afford an SVT40 (awful first gun btw), then you can afford a low end Norinco or S&W model.
>>
>>34292254
Yikes! I thought the SKS and SVT-40 were around $300 and $400 respectively. Too bad the AR15 is restricted though (although I do have my restricted license). I'll look into it regardless
>>
>>34292335
SKS goes for about $250 right now, but the SVT is up to around $600+. There are rail options for the SKS to mount optics easily, but you're spending extra for it. For the cost of an SKS and an SVT, you can easily afford an AR15, which will be more accurate and most models have rails as stock. Plus you can upgrade parts down the line.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-cRjcGyEc

Just watched CCFR's new video, since when are 80% receivers Prohibited? I swear to god they weren't unless people were just spouting misinfo.
>>
>>34277585
>aside from a few fringe autists (that we all love despite their disability), most of Canadian firearms owners would agree that a safety course and basic licensing to ensure we don't give guns to serious criminals, morons or people who have no idea how to operate them properly and safely and no intention of learning, is generally a sound idea.
Did you come to this conclusion while jerking off to anime?

Speak for yourself.
>>
>>34277585
Fuck you.
>>
Russian, Chinese, or Yugoslavian SKS, or a different model? Where would I get a good quality one and how much would it set me back?

Are military surplus rifles good? And I assume it is a very bad idea to buy online. One should always go into the store to check for serial numbers and such. I don't have experience with guns so I don't know how to tell if it is good quality
>>
>>34293086
Serials don't mean shit on Russian sks' because they're all arsenal refurbs packed right into the box. Mine matched except for the magazine, and the magazine didn't even work right so I assume they just tossed them around in a bag when they pinned them and applied them randomly. Yugos make you look like a dumbass American and I wouldn't even know where to get one. The chink ones ugly bayonets, so only get those if you plan to take it off and use a new stock. Many russians have light rust and the shellac in the stock peels off, but it doesn't affect the quality all that much. It's $250. It doesn't matter if you buy online. Like at all. Just do it. These are beaters, not pieces of history.
>>
>>34277585
get rekt cuck
>>
>>34293525
Thanks for the useful information. First, I'd need to get a safe and cable locks though!
>>
>>34293550
You can just take the bolt out and leave it somewhere nobody is likely to find it and also ammunition.
>>
>>34293525
What does a chinese bayonet look like?
How would having a Yugo one make you look like a dumbass American?
>>
>>34284260
Find an old guy with a prohib license and charm him so you can become his adopted son. He can then pass on his firearms to you once he dies.
>>
>>34293525
>hating pig stickers
Trash taste senpai.
>>
>>34293833
The Chinese ones have spike bayonets. Yugo ones make you look like a yank because they have an import ban on Russian and Chinese gats so the yugo models are much more common.
>>
File: IMG_0617.jpg (90KB, 680x666px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0617.jpg
90KB, 680x666px
>>34293525
not entirely correct
there are some primo Russian SKS floating around that are unrefurbished and informed, all matching with no forced match or electric pencil shit. those are anywhere between $360-450 range, depending on how greedy the dealer is

also, there are (or I should say, were) unissued Chinese military SKS that are fully matching and non-refurbished, not at any major dealers that I can see now, but Anon could get lucky.
>these are not to be confused with the comparatively trashy civilian models made by Norc for sale in US, which for some reason CanAmmo now has at an injustifiably high price.
you are better off with a BBQ painted Russian refurb for $219-250

>mfw Maratar had ordered a fuckton of those Chinese military NOS ones like 10 years ago and were selling them for $75 if you bought a crate of surplus ammo for regular price
where did he good times go?
>>
>>34294375
>informed
"unfired" is apparently not in my autocorrect
>>
>>34293833
>I like how people answer your "what do they look like" question with text
the more knife-blade looking one is Russian the three-grooved "pig sticker" spike one is Chinese

also, Yugo SKS are usually the most expensive ones and almost entirely non-chrome lined, which means if you want to go for the cheapest surplus ammo, which with an SKS it makes perfect sense, it's not the best choice, as you'd need more stringent cleaning and the risk of rust increases without really any upside

unless you specifically want to look around for an unfired and unrefurbished, NOS (new-old-stock) Russian or Chinese military one, paying more makes no sense in practical terms
if you just want a solid bang for you buck, just listen to the other Anon here >>34293525
and just get a standard $220-250 Russian refurb, it will serve you just fine and you won't feel bad about mistreating it. you can almost buy 2 for the price of one Yugo at this point
>>
>>34294518
LMAO, talk shit about others and forgot the image myself
>I literally inhale cocks by a bushel
>>
>>34294538
So glad I got a Chinese military unissued one years ago. It shoots 2 MOA and has never given me a problem. Meanwhile my buddy got a Russian referb and it shoots like a piece of shit.
>>
>>34294538
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I like the Chinese bayonet better.
>>
Did everyone who owned an 80% receiver suddenly become a felon?
>>
>>34294979
pretty much, altough the wording is unsurprisingly unclear. it's clear that the sale and manufacturing of them is now prohibited; it's clear they are themselves seen as a prohibited item, but in terms of ownership, legally they can't stretch far enough to say YOU are now a criminal for owning it -- remember, they also know they can't make the law, these are "opinion papers" to basically say to the dealers "we will now interpret these as prohibited items, so you better not sell them or we might drop by", just like with the 10/22 mags, but just like with the mags, they will likely give out the order to confiscate but not charge, if any officer comes across one, since they would then be charging you as a citizen based on their "opinion" about their "opinion" (as in, they believe that you owning the thing they believe is prohibited is against the law) -- too far out for any judge to swallow and that might lead to the entire "opinion" thing to be thrown out and then getting smacked on their hands for dabbling in what only legislators and the courts should be doing

if any of these loud mouthed advocate agencies have any brains, they would get all of their money behind someone from their inner circle who has one of these 80 lowers, 25 round 10/22 mags, .50 Beowulf mags and make a public challenge, have him make a YouTube video abou how he won't give it up and how this paper is an intimidation tactic and is itself illegal in the force trying to use a power the law did not grant them -- then have their day in court, have it thrown out and collect fucktons in donations from the community for the next 20 years
>>
>>34295137
This is what should be done.
>>
>>34295137
I'm a poorfag and would even send what little money I had to this cause.
>>
>>34295137
It would be better if we all did this, and demanded there be accountability and oversight for the rcmp, they can't keep being allowed to get away with legitimate illegal activity and I'm not just talking about guns, this is no longer about guns for me it's about stopping the rcmp and they're flagrant abuse of power and the legal system
>>
File: 1497659434646.png (145KB, 500x559px) Image search: [Google]
1497659434646.png
145KB, 500x559px
>>34277585
RCMP fuck off
>>
>>34290813

>all of these racist hate facts

but yeah if you remove tyrone and jamal shooting each other on the corner, US gun crimes drop nearly to Canada tier.
>>
File: low-shelf-ar-15-vs-high-shelf.jpg (237KB, 600x838px) Image search: [Google]
low-shelf-ar-15-vs-high-shelf.jpg
237KB, 600x838px
Seriously, though... The amount of machining you'd need to do on a high shelf AR-15 lower for it to be able to accept a DIAS is significantly less than the amount of machining it takes to turn an 80% receiver into a receiver capable of accepting the same DIAS. Not to mention that the DIAS wouldn't be legal to own anyway.
>>
Alright, so it's finally time for me to become hasgunz. I'm settled on a .22 to start, but I'm not sure what kind to get exactly. I'm leaning towards a bolt action, because I'd like to start target shooting at some point, but it's not set in stone yet.
>>
>>34296544
Savage mark 2 for bolt action
Ruger 10/22 for semi auto
>>
>>34296544

A nice CZ .22 bolt action would be a good investment. Savages and Norcs shoot just fine too and are cheaper.
>>
File: Sako_Bavarian.jpg (16KB, 725x200px) Image search: [Google]
Sako_Bavarian.jpg
16KB, 725x200px
Looking to add another bolt action to the safe. Something affordable to shoot but not boring to shoot (.22) or useless in an end of days SHTF scenario. Is there a better choice than .223? I don't know anything about these calibres like 22-250, .243 .270 etc but they seen to come up for sale a lot
>>
>>34294772
well considering it's attached to the rifle, it's much more practical in that shape than the Russian style
>>
>>34296977
Can you put a Chink bayo on a Russian SKS?
I just wouldn't trust or like a gun as much knowing it's completely Chinese
>>
>>34296724
Get a cz 527 in 7.62x39
>>
>>34297025
Apparently they are interchangeable. The Chinese SKS isn't that bad though, they worked pretty damn good for the Commies in the Vietnam War. Basically I would just choose based on price and physical condition of the rifle you're getting.
>>
>>34296977
The blade bayonet can be used to slash if sharpened.
>>
File: CZ 455 Canadian 22 LR.png (103KB, 1000x325px) Image search: [Google]
CZ 455 Canadian 22 LR.png
103KB, 1000x325px
>>34296544
first gun better be a sks nigga.

as for first .22, I agree with >>34296588 I got pic related topped with a nikon p-rimfire 2-7x32.
>>
File: shitpostingukranians.jpg (232KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
shitpostingukranians.jpg
232KB, 800x700px
>>34298249
It's on the list. After the .22 I'm thinking a nice 870 an SKS and a durr rifle.

inb4 "use SKS for durr"
>>
>>34290755

Same reason our laws are so fucked: Muh polytechnique
>>
>>34298419
You can definitely use an sks for deer.
>>
>>34298419
I don't see a handgat/AR on your list. did you go full retard and not get your rpal?
>>
>>34298590
I went full retard because the horse cops sp00ked me.
>>
>>34297025
Chink military SKS is pretty based though, famalam
they make less then stellar shit for commercial market, but shit they make for themselves is just fine
>QBZ97 vs T97
the "civilian" SKS that comes up in US quite often is a garbage rod, but the shit that our yellow overlords made for themselves and their Viet Cong minions in the 60s but didn't get around to shipping out or using themselves is fucking solid, it's up there with the best Soviet SKS, built like a soviet tracktor, ugly but reliable and will perform regardless of the levels of abuse drunk operator can subject it to

>mfw in childhood actually saw a man so drunk he got out of his tracktor and started whipping it with a goddamn whip because he was too drunk to figure out why the thing wouldn't move
school time off at grandma's was great
>>
>>34298655
classic meme/mistake
>>
>>34298655
this
>>34298875

if you have a PAL any sensible popo that gets called on you or to your residence for some shit, will treat you with the same level of caution regardless if you have the RPAL or just PAL
>hmm, he has a PAL so he could have a 12Ga and or semi-auto M14 in .308 or a VZ in 7.62x39 or a Tavor in 5.56 etc. etc.
>Aha! but no RPAL! so he doesn't have a 9mm handgun!
>good, I can let my guard down on this one
>>
File: soon-ish.png (225KB, 1086x332px) Image search: [Google]
soon-ish.png
225KB, 1086x332px
JULY SOON BOYS
>>
>>34298936
Wow, a piece of shit that will sell because it's kinda not really an AK
>>
>>34298956
>a piece of shit
Confirmed for not knowing shit
Git learnt
>>
File: polishmedic.png (222KB, 1465x847px) Image search: [Google]
polishmedic.png
222KB, 1465x847px
>>34298912
I was sp00ked by the arbitrariness with which restricteds get dicked around all the time.
>>
File: IMG_0182.jpg (64KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0182.jpg
64KB, 400x294px
>>34298956
this piece of shit was adopted by the Chinese as an AK upgrade, with chink AK being world-renound, second in quality to primo Slavshit
it was good enough to be kept as the replacement and it's good enough that many units being issues QBZ95 are asking for the T81 back.
it saw conflicts like Rwanda, poopoo-no-looloo civil war in Sri Lanka, shit in Burma, Cinchong-vs-Vietcong, etc
Based Assad's army is also frequently seen using the T81 to remove kebab

it's literally just a good affordable platform. shitting on it for looks is being ignorant, like saying "kek, fucking VZ piece of shit, people only buy it cause it's an AK lookalike"
>>
>>34298936
did I miss an announcement? is there an actual date for delivery now?
>>
>>34299038
Nah, production run is supposed to be in july and that's literally the only thing in my life I'm looking forward to so I'm hanging on to the hope that it indeed happens.
>>
>>34299033
I'm not calling you a liar but those are some retarded arguments.
>It's good enough that soldiers are asking for it back
They hate their shitty bullpups and want rifles that actually work, not a high bar to set
>It was used in combat so it's good
Wtf I love the L85A1 now
>Shitting on it for looks is being ignorant
Anything that looks like a prohib gets a big boost in interest, that's just how it is.
>>
>>34299177
>conveniently forgetting the part saying it's an upgrade from the AK, which it is
>>
File: 1497481472154.jpg (71KB, 500x536px) Image search: [Google]
1497481472154.jpg
71KB, 500x536px
>>34299177
well, fuck me, someone has lofty standards
>sound and reliable design with good accuracy for the caliber -- not good enough
>a successful military firearm - not good enough
>relied upon as a firearm of choice of the largest military in the world -- not good enough
>has seen a number of combat theaters and has proven successful in them -- not good enough

also, gtfo with the L85A1
>T81 is battle proven and soldiers who use it actually like it, unlike Brits who hated the L85A1 and did what they could to use anything else when available
>is famous for SUCCESSFULLY REPLACING AK IN CHINA, not for being one of the largest turds in modern firearm history the Bongs got stuck with for bureaucratic reasons

it's time to stop being a cunty teenedgy contrarian and arguing against the obvious just to be special, going against the common sense, reason and evidence with bullshitty arbitrary criticisms that don't actually have any discernible points to them. if you don't like it, you don't like it, whatever. but if you're gonna talk shit "objectively" without being educated about the basics of its record and history, you better bring something more than some arbitrary criticisms pulled out of your ass
>>
>>34298249
I got myself a CZ 455 synthetic off prophet river for like 500 when they had their no tax and no shipping sale. Slapped a Nikon prostaff rimfire 2 3-9x on it. Thing is a fucking tack driver. Kicks my 10/22s ass.
>>
File: Rage.gif (17KB, 690x656px) Image search: [Google]
Rage.gif
17KB, 690x656px
Waiting for canada post tracker to update telling me if I get my 10/22 Today or tomorrow.
F5
Tracker updates to sorry that tracking number doesn't exist.
>>
>>34299676
I feel your frustration, i've bought stuff clear across the country and there are lags in the tracking coverage. It usually arrives at my doorstep before it shows it going thru the last checkpoint (the sorting center in Richmond, BC).
>>
File: Beretta-Cx4-Storm-p1030164.jpg (46KB, 1200x551px) Image search: [Google]
Beretta-Cx4-Storm-p1030164.jpg
46KB, 1200x551px
I'm saving up to get a Beretta cx4 as my first gun because I don't want to deal with 5 round mag bs. Is this a good choice? Also I don't have a rpal.
>>
>>34299676
What's more frustrating is having them deliver to your home tuesday morning after you've gone to work. They leave a card telling you which post office you can get the package from. Prob is they drop undelivered parcel(s) at that PO at the end of tuesday meaning the staff sorts it anytime wednesday and thus it's actually available for pickup thursday (wed afternoon if your lucky). At least that's my experience.
>>
>>34299782
I can one up that, my local "post office" is a chinese drycleaner that has a habit of sending packages back that aren't picked up fast enough.
Fast enough being the first day.
>>
>>34299787
>>34299782
Had a parcel sent express post, came quickly but I too wasnt home on a thurs AM. Went to po on fri during lunch break, it wasn't ready.. it closed b4 I could get off work. Had to wait until mon AM to pick up. Pure torment... lol.
>>
>>34299787
That's bad. I think there's a complaints process for that. You may not get immediate satisfaction but over time with enough complaints CP will cancel their contract.

I lucked out once, the PO they used was in a Shoppers Drug Mart. A kind lady went in the back on a saturday and fished it out for me.
>>
>>34299817
The only problem is its been in a few different locations in the last year and this location is sadly not the worst so far.
CP doesn't seem to realize there is a point where going too cheap isn't going to help them any.
>>
>>34285815

Not necessarily, unless you've show a history of violent meltdowns or aggression. I've been diagnosed with Autism and the RCMP were aware of it when my application was processed and approved and handguns purchased.

If you'd like to discuss this more, post a method of contact and I'll be in touch.
>>
>>34298799
>tracktor
Why do you keep spelling it like that?
>>
File: Pooh.png (104KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
Pooh.png
104KB, 320x287px
Hey team,
Anybody know if I can ever find a Nagant Revolver?
Or am I doomed to stalk gun shows and suck off a collector?
>>
>>34298912
>>34299005
retarded rationale. you're short sighted and you're cucking yourselves.

everyone here has seen this a million times before where within a year you're gonna want handguns/AR and have to go through the horrendous application process all over again.
>>
>>34298936
How much?
>>
>>34299464
This retard still doesn't get that these are unbuilt. unfired, untested, new-manufacture civilian COPIES of the original, and that there's absolutely NOTHING which can be said about their quality without making shit up, but he does it anyway over and over again like a kike shill.
>>
File: 1402806526385.jpg (49KB, 479x435px) Image search: [Google]
1402806526385.jpg
49KB, 479x435px
>>34300463
And this retard doesn't get that in manufacturing a copy is made the same exact way as the standard military ones except semi auto.

Just stop the damage control and acknowledge that you talked out of your ass.
>>
>>34300290
>>
>>34298912
Cops go in under the assumption anyone could have a gun, and operate at a level of caution dependent on the kind of person they're possibly arresting. An open and honest person won't get much suspicion even if they have an RPAL, but a strung junkie will get loads even though they won't have a PAL at all.
>>
>>34299774

Outside of a .22 the CX4 is a pretty decent choice.
Get Beretta 96 mags for the extra 2 or 3 rounds to boot.
>>
>>34300857
All ARs are made the same and are therefore the same quality - head of water, retard retardson

not even any proof that it's the same tools or people, probably isn't
>>
>>34300908
>All ARs are made the same
No they're not.

>not even any proof that it's the same tools or people
It's literally the same company making the same rifles just right after a military production one, why would they take the trouble of retooling their whole factory and hiring different people just for that?

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>34300922
>It's literally the same company making the same rifles

Prove it, fuckhole. Oh, you can't, because you've only supposed it

fun fact: norinco is not a firearms manufacturer
>>
>>34300947
No, Norinco is the collective name of all the state owned firearms manufacturers in China. The reason that there hasn't been a production run of the T81s yet, is because they're currently filling a military order first, before they do the civilian order, which seems to imply that it's the same manufacturer between military and civilian, since there otherwise wouldn't be that issue.
>>
I have depression/social anxiety on my medical record. Will this prevent me from getting my license?
>>
>>34302731

Probably not, unless you've been institutionalised against your will. Worst case scenario the RCMP will want to chat with you to see if it sounds like you're gonna an hero
>>
>>34302779
Okay, I have never been institutionalized or anything like that. Thanks.
>>
>>34302731
Have you been treated for it in the last 5 years?
If no, then you don't need to worry.
If yes, then you will need to get your doctor to fill out this form and send it directly to the CFO:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/form-formulaire/pdfs/6423-eng.pdf

Any costs to fill it out and send it are covered by you.
>>
>>34302731
you'll probably need to provide a doctor's note to assure them it's not severe.
>>
>>34302731
Yes.
>>
>>34302784

You'll probably be fine. They don't have access to your medical records, they're just gonna contact your references, and you, and check your criminal background. If you're not a shady weirdo you'll be fine.

Also please don't shoot yourself or anyone else, it'll make us look bad.
>>
>>34302731
Mention, but downplay it on the application and they won't even care to check. Only did one interview too. They don't even care. You're one of thousands and thousands.
>>
>>34302824

No, I have no intentions of using my gun anywhere other than the range. I also plan on getting into hunting eventually.
>>
New thread

>>34302864
>>34302864
>>34302864
>>
>>34300857
Chinks have been making them for ages, including the semi-auto models, domestically and for a number of poo-in-loo and jungle-asian popos
>SA-only models being identical to SA/FA with a couple alterations that remove the FA feature, so it's not "untested" or redesigned

they are literally just making a batch of the same rifles they've been making since the 80s and which have more than proven their capability

I seriously hope you aren't going to go into arguing that
>"well, each specific rifle they build is technically brand new, so it's untested by thousands of round and therefore can not be relied upon in any way"

also
>>34300947
this you fucking ingnoramus
>>34301051

learn something about what you are arguing over. you are talking out of your ass based on assumptions, asking people to disprove them and then disregarding evidence and information, when they do what you asked.
>god forbid you learn something or actually admit you assumed wrong on the internet to a bunch of strangers
>>
File: Gremlins-real_9500839db2ce5dbc.jpg (31KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Gremlins-real_9500839db2ce5dbc.jpg
31KB, 700x394px
>>34300857
>same exact way as the standard military ones except semi auto.

Yeah man, just like the CZ 858.

It would be a shame if something were to happen to the trigger group along the way...
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.