[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who wins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.jpg (336KB, 1378x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
336KB, 1378x1365px
One Roman legion

vs

One USMC Platoon armed with Ruger 10/22s w/ banana 25 mags

All combatants are on foot

GO
>>
Kill yourself
>>
>>34250800
how many mags per man. Also kill yourself
>>
>>>/b/
>>
>>34250800
ha ha oh wow what a hilarios tred!!!
>>
>>34250816
Boxes and boxes of them.
>>
>>34250800
Well we're going to need ta see if-if-if the fucking, Roman plate car--armor can block a .22 bullet.

ON HREEE
DRUUU
WAAAAAAAAN
FAAAARE

Oh wow I didn't-I did not expect the bullet to be bloc--stopped!

Let me examine the wound.. uh yeah, he got it in the steel metal part, and it didn't penetrate because it lacks the stopping power, of a, of a, of a .50 cal, so he actually lives, wow.

EDGE = THE ROMAN LEGION
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC2HQRdyxds
>>
>>34251047
But, we gotta take into account the difference in weapon diff-varie-differences here. We should be testing the range of a Roman javelin to the twenty two caliber round

FOR THIS TEST WE SET UP TARGETS 100 METERS AWAY, THE RUGER WILL BE SHOT BY FORMER MARINE CHAD THUNDERCOCK, AND THE FUCKING SPEAR WILL BE THROWN BY ROMAN EXPERT NIGEL PILKINGTON FROM HIS WHEELCHAIR

HREEEE
DRUUUUUU
WAAAAAAAAN
GO!

Oh wow the .22 it like, actually hit the target and uh, had 25 chances instead of one.
The pike on the other hand.. it didn't make it past 50m. Clearly this polearm couldnot be thrown far and stuff, and it WAS the Roman's only primary range weapon thing.

Look, the pickaxe is a good throwing thing, but you can't throw 25 of them and stuff, so as much as I hate to admit, edge goes to the thirty two

EDGE = MARINES
>>
>>34251047
>>34251069
Now that we have the necessary data we'll fucking, Slytherin studios and run it a bunch of times to avoid a lucky blow

>Marines jerking off in a big grassy meadow
>20 Romans step over a hill
>War cry
>Marines grab their Rugers
>Start shooting the Romans, Roman armor incapable of blocking .22 rounds
>Suddenly lances fly up from over the hill
>Rain down on Marines, killing many though few are on screen
>Marines continue to shoot the Romans in their armor and kill them en mass, the Romans charge
>Lots of shooting of Romans and lancing of Marines
>One Marines and one Roman left
>Marine makes a '50s boxer pose and so does the Roman
>They exchange punches
>Marine sweeps Roman's feet
>Shoves a grenade down his armor and jumps away
>BOOM
>Marine stands, raises his fist in the air
>"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"
>>
>>34250800
the stick always wins
>>
File: Dorian.jpg (5KB, 181x278px) Image search: [Google]
Dorian.jpg
5KB, 181x278px
>>34251047
>>34251069
>>34251153
Let me just take a look at this here.

Yup, he's pretty dead.
>>
>>34250800
Depends on rules, terrain.

You're talking about 3000 Romans vs 43 Marines. The Roman Shield is probably 4-5mm thick of 3 sheets of wood and leather.

The .22 will very likely penetrate that.

It's basically can the Legion cross the distance to the marines before they all die. So range is really important.

I'd probably put my money on the 3000. If they can get to melee distance they are in good shape.
>>
>>34251215
Eh, .22LR is still supersonic. I don't think the Romans would hold up under the thunder and men falling.

When Jupiter takes the enemy's side, you find another battlefield.
>>
>>34251215
25 x 43 = 1075

So if each Marine managed to kill one Roman with each shot, they'd still have to reload twice. It's reasonable to expect that some Marines would shoot at the same targets. Some Romans are going to need more than one round to stop them. Even a conservative estimate of two rounds per Roman is going to require 6 mags.

So just what is the effective range of a 10/22 and how fast can a Roman legion close that gap? Is it more or less time than it takes for a Marine to acurately fire throgh six mags on a 10/22?
>>
At what range does the .22 start penetrating roman shields? 100-200 yards? And even then we are probably not looking at much lethality after penetration
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.