[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is a sound proof room a suppessor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

So if someone shoot a gun is side a sound proof room does that make the room into a suppresser.

What if someone where to drill a hole from the outside and stick the barrel through the hole?

What if someone made a sound proof trailer with a hole .

What if someone made a sound proof box with a hole?

We should make every sound proof room into a suppressor till the nfa is repealed.
>>
The ATF has ruled on this.

It's not a suppressor if it's not physically attached to the gun.
>>
I would think being portable with the gun is part of making it a suppressor

Is every indoor range a suppressor? Call the feds we got doggo to shoot
>>
Did we ever get a ruling on the hamster machinegun scenario
>>
>>34237891
What if we attached a gun to a sound proof room?
>>
File: maxresdefault-4.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-4.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
This is legal
>>
>>34237885
Watch this
https://youtu.be/zq07ZFMvo-c
>>
>>34237891
Yea what if i drill a hole through the wall of an adjacent room, install a thread and then attach my silenced room to the gun
>>
>>34239225
The ATF calls you a fucking autist and executes you live on TV
>>
>>34237891
>>34237892

>18 U.S. Code § 921
>(a) (24) The terms “firearm silencer” and “firearm muffler” mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.
This is one of those cases where the ATF is interpreting the law in a way that favors gun owners. Technically, if you built a room whose purpose was to silence a portable firearm, it is a silencer. Nowhere in the law does it say that it has to be attached to the gun.

>>34237918
Nope.
>>
>>34239951
>portable firearm

What if someone chained a gun to the ground then suppress it?
>>
>>34239951
>>34240432
What I'm saying is can I make a permanent shooting gallery where all the guns are chained down. Then make them suppessed without a back ground check and $200 tax?
>>
>>34240499
If the silencer were permanently attached to the gun, there's a remote possibility you'll be able to overturn your conviction on appeal.
>>
>>34237885
You hear about that plane crash where only one kid survived? They should have made the whole plane out of that kid.
>>
>>34237885
if you're drilling a non-closeable hole into a soundproof room/trailer/box, i think it ceases to be soundproof
>>
>>34237885
>Soundproof room
>>>/diy/
>>
File: ATFsilencerletterpg1a.jpg (65KB, 623x800px) Image search: [Google]
ATFsilencerletterpg1a.jpg
65KB, 623x800px
>>34237918
>>34239951
>Nope.
This is legal.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.