[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Into the Alaskan wilderness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: allahu ackbar.jpg (97KB, 1591x1031px) Image search: [Google]
allahu ackbar.jpg
97KB, 1591x1031px
I'm off to alaska in 11 days, i have a private transfer lined up on armslist, but i'm still looking for a good knife/machete for hand to hand combat with bears, cougars, Samoans, Ugandans, and other uncivilized creatures.

I'm not a big guy, you can see my size in pic related
Please factor this into your suggestion. If you have any gear suggestions for backpacking in alaska please suggest anything.

If i get caught with a pistol in AK is it just a slap on the wrist for a twenty year old or will they put me in the cage?
>>
>>34054113
Youre probably going to die if you do it the mccandless way
>>
>>34054147
I may not be a little guy but i'm not some little bitch like mccandless
>>
>>34054113
Why would you get in any trouble for carrying in the alaskan wilderness? It's not illegal to carry in state or federal parks.
>>
>>34054164
Worse, you may even be dumber. Don't do it, and if you are, take a year or two more to study the botany of local plant life, learn to actually hunt, go on a hunting trip. Learn how hard it will be to gut and skin and preserve meat in conditions like that. I can already tell you will be someone who dies if you go into that wilderness.
>>
>>34054189
federal age of pistol is 21. I think i can carry a long rifle with me anywhere so long as it's bagged.

I hope so because i'm not going to get mauled by a bear because some freedom hating kikes want me to be a nu-cuck gunless faggot in alaska.
>>
>>34054228
You can own and open carry a pistol at 18 dipshit. You can also carry rifles openly or concealed for transport (ie not under your trench coat).
>>
>>34054113
aranyik.com is where I would send you if it wasn't 11 days out. The owner is pretty cool and actually cares about his customers. The machetes he makes are designed for farmhands in coconut fields and can cut through anything you need.
>>
>>34054244
I contacted a gun shop and they told me i cant buy a pistol until i'm 21 anywhere in the US, faggot. That's good to hear about the carrying portion.

If my arms deal flakes can i buy a long rifle with just a california ID in alaska?
>>
>>34054210
God will protect me. My destiny is to conquer Alaska.
>>
>>34054267
You can't buy one from an FFL. You can buy it in a private sale, be gifted one, or a direct relative can buy one for you.
>>
>>34054267
Get someone to buy you a pistol and ammo
>>
>>34054319
good to know, thanks.
>>
>>34054267
you can't buy a pistol until you're 21 from a licensed dealer. if private party is legal in the state and you are both residents of the same state you are good to go.
>>
>>34054113
Anchorage bro here, what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>34054267
>If my arms deal flakes can i buy a long rifle with just a california ID in alaska?
God dammit, it's a troll.
>>
>>34054343
Destiny
So you're saying i cant even buy a rifle private transfer on armslist out of state?
>>34054359
nice reddit filename
>>
Ok so it looks like, according to this thread, i have to buy a gun here then take it to alaska.

right?
>>
>>34054385
If you have a California ID I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to own guns. Most FFL owners will tell you to fuck right off because they don't want to be responsible for you being a retard.

It's a moot point though, because you're not coming up here and this is a troll thread.
>>
>>34054433
So can i or can i not buy a gun with a out of state ID in alaska you fucking faggot.
>>
>>34054433
also im not faking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5FDrmCV0O0

Here i made a blogpost about it
>>
>>34054455
https://www.usacarry.com/forums/general-firearm-discussion/10643-buying-guns-out-state.html

Google is your friend, faggot
>>
>>34054455
Out of state ID? Sure, we love your money.
California ID? Probably not, you need to be an American citizen.

Seriously though, you're not coming up here, so just delete the thread.
>>
>>34054468
It's not nice to mock the mentally retarded, don't pretend to be him.
>>
>>34054470
thanks for the help.
>>
>>34054311
>My destiny is to conquer Alaska.
You mean go for a hike? We call that going for a hike, unless you mean staying out for a while, which would just be camping.

>OP gonna get eaten by the state bird.
>>
>>34054568
months
>>
>>34054583
So camping, or trapping, either way, nothing special.

When are you flying in to Anchorage?
>>
>>34054608
nice try FBI
>>
>>34054652
>>>/b/
stop trying to derail my thread.
>>
>>34054637
Right, so this is a troll thread.

>To anyone actually considering this
Let us know in advance, we'll square you away on gear and shit and show you how to rooty tooty bear mace shooty.
>>
>>34054681
>we'll
So i should just contact any anc gun store and they will help me out with gear and stuff? I hear that everything is 100% more expensive in AK than in the lower states.
>>
>>34054702
No, I mean the AK crew will help out people from /k/
Local gun stores will respond with "Fuck you, pay me" and Cabelas will respond with "We have a free seminar six years from now at 3pm on a Tuesday, but you need to but Cabelas brand Cabelas gear from your local Cabelas to attend"

Yes, shit is expensive
>>
>>34054729
Is there an AK meet up any time soon?
>>
>>34054753
No, you just let us know when you're flying in
>>
>>34054758
Sure thing officer
>>
>>34054763
>>
>>34054802
i tell you what ill let you know the night i leave
https://discord.gg/zYjEs
>>
>>34054843
I work 60 hours a week, you can get fucked with that bullshit
>>
>>34054853
I didn't know APD had so much overtime opportunities
>>
>>34054880
I'm not a nigger or a half asleep seatbelt enforcer that tells kids to run away from home and get raped hiding at the homeless shelter. FUCK APD
>>
>>34054898
if my destiny is to meet you in anchorage, i will see you there. look for the man wearing a sign that says "will fish for food"
>>
>>34054373
>So you're saying i cant even buy a rifle private transfer on armslist out of state?
not legally but people rarely ask to see a drivers license.

>...yeah, i moved here but haven't gotten an ak drivers license yet...
>>
>>34054468
>Alaska lies at the end of the continent, and many who come here are end-of-the-roaders: people fleeing or seeking one last chance, dreamers and schemers, and loners hoping to conduct a life — and in some cases, a death — in private.
>>
>>34054210
Stop warning people, finding piles of free shit with a Californian skeleton under it is my favorite sport.

>Timberlands and NorthFace gear hold up like a champ
>Too bad they're always size 9 and medium respectively
>>
File: tmp_5960-1487142835316227645779.jpg (162KB, 634x700px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5960-1487142835316227645779.jpg
162KB, 634x700px
>>34054914
>look for the man wearing a sign that says "will fish for food"
Cringed so hard I woke up my bear.
>>
I live in Argentina and I also expect shit to really hit the fan between 6 months to 2 years.

Is a 10/22 really that ineffective?

I was counting on getting a ruger soon for that purpose.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.