[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Powerfull quotes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: 20120525145820.jpg (44KB, 400x563px) Image search: [Google]
20120525145820.jpg
44KB, 400x563px
so I just watched link related, the message at the end sent chills down my spine & I started wondering what other powerfull quotes like that there are (movie quotes based on actual events are also welcome)
>>
>>33998012
fsck forgot the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz8pmbytxoQ
>>
>>33998012
>>>/lit/
>>
>>33998100
"is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to /his/. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/."

how about you use your brains before posting?
>>
>>33998100
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>33998024
>>33998012
OP, link directly to the quote, not to a fucking eleven minute video. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
>>
File: 1473942608972.jpg (47KB, 373x376px) Image search: [Google]
1473942608972.jpg
47KB, 373x376px
>extra credits

need mo' airspace fo' dem wifis and shit

WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF SIGNALS
>>
File: Ljohnpencil[1].jpg (41KB, 347x346px) Image search: [Google]
Ljohnpencil[1].jpg
41KB, 347x346px
"Whether they are fit for independence or not remains to be tried. Merit is no qualification for freedom. Bulgars, Afghans, and Tahitans have it. Freedom is enjoyed when you are so well armed, or so turbulent, or inhabit a country so thorny that the expense of your neighbour's occupying you is greater than the profit." - T. E. Lawrence 1920, on governing Arabia
>>
>>33998217
>OP, link directly to the quote, not to a fucking eleven minute video. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
A) what use is it to link to the quite when the embedded player will ignore the timestamp & start playing the video from teh beginning anyway
B) By skipping straight to the quote anyone who is only now learning about the quote will not know the story behind the quote & as such the quote will almost certainly be lost on them
C) It may have escaped your notice but there's a quote in the OP pic, I wonder if that might be relevant...
>>
>>33998012
>>33998024

>not posting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Ufc2hI4FM
>>
File: all-my-fault[1].jpg (47KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
all-my-fault[1].jpg
47KB, 600x350px
The most moving /k/ related quote I know:
>"General Lee. I have no division."
>>
"Broken Arrow!"
-Lt. Col. Hal Moore 1st Battalion 7th Cavalry, Vietnam, Battle of La Drang
>>
"The hun is either at your throat or at your feet"- Winston Churchill

also the King's speech addressing the commencement of the war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opkMyKGx7TQ
>>
>>33998476
You're more of a faggot than most OPs. Good thread concept, very poor thread execution.
>>
>>33998814
>very poor thread execution.
how come? The quote is literally the first thing anyone sees of the OP, there's the option of watching a summary of the backstory (also the way the video tells the story is IMO pretty good), how would *you* have done it?
>>
>>33998603
"That's the style, Lou! That's the style!" I love Gettysburg, some great moments and acting.
>>
>I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.
I don't care if he never said it because it rings so true.
>>
>>33999536
I take it you were quoting Isoroku Yamamoto

>mfw I get flak for providing at least a little background info on the quotes I post & everyone else gets a free pass with just dropping the quotes with absolutely no background information
>>
File: 1488924639306.jpg (115KB, 748x746px) Image search: [Google]
1488924639306.jpg
115KB, 748x746px
>>33998012
damn
i always remembered it as "sink that bloody ship"
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 640x1028px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 640x1028px
>the 1st Polish Armored was stranded, surrounded and out numbered by SS Panzer divisions on Hill 262 during the battle of the Falaise Gap

>Lieutenant Colonel Stefanowicz, himself wounded during the day's fighting, struck a fatalistic note as he addressed his four remaining officers: "Gentlemen, all is lost. I do not think that the Canadians can come to our rescue. We have only about 110 able-bodied men left. Five shells per gun and 50 bullets per man. That's very little, but fight all the same. Surrender to the SS is futile; you know that. I thank you. You have fought well. Good luck, gentlemen. Tonight we shall die for Poland and for civilization! . . . each tank will fight independently, and eventually each man for himself."

after hellish fighting they managed to survive and close the Falaise Gap

>According to military historian Gregor Dallas: "The Poles had closed the Falaise Pocket. The Poles had opened the gate to Paris."[62] Simonds stated that he had "never seen such wholesale havoc in his life" and Canadian engineers erected a sign on Point 262N's summit reading simply "A Polish Battlefield".
>Dwight D. Eisenhower commented that "no other battlefield presented such a horrible sight of death, hell, and total destruction."
>>
I always loved Admiral Lee's message during Guadalcanal. The Japanese are coming through The Slot and Lee just takes his battleships to intercept. Sent a message to the other allied ships in the area.

>Stand aside, I'm coming through.
>>
NUTS!
>>
>>33998012
Well what's the quote?
>>
File: 96261808_134635715778.jpg (51KB, 374x523px) Image search: [Google]
96261808_134635715778.jpg
51KB, 374x523px
>Theo, I have run out of ammunition. I'm going to ram this one. Good bye. We'll see each other in Valhalla.
>>
File: 1414132253175.jpg (110KB, 800x541px) Image search: [Google]
1414132253175.jpg
110KB, 800x541px
>>
>>34000290
The quote's Sink the Bismark, the order Churchill gave after the Bismark killed the Hood
OP shilling for his shitty video
>>
>>34000581
OP here, not my video

...who am I kidding, I am actually the host of Extra Credit, Alex from TFB TV, CEO of Suba games *AND* Crunchyroll, among others...
>>
>>34000290
>tldl
>in the aftermath of the battle of denmark straight
>upon learning of the sinking of battleship hood by the bismark and prinz eugen, the admiralty receives a furious order directly from winston churchill
>the order is broadcast to all royal navy ships in the atlantic theater
>aircraft carriers begin preparing their torpedo bombers
>the remaining blocking fleet burns full ahead in pursuit
>battleship rodney en route to refitting in boston turns her guns to face bismark's last postion and changes course
>sink the bismark
>sink the bismark
>sink the bismark
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.