[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military enlistment general - meg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 44

File: meg.jpg (157KB, 599x800px) Image search: [Google]
meg.jpg
157KB, 599x800px
Don't ask don't tell edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

>Should I go nuke???
No.

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
File: 1489365990320-tv.jpg (39KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
1489365990320-tv.jpg
39KB, 446x362px
>tfw you need to wait one more year to get your us citizenship to apply for the navy
>>
Previous thread

>>33970502
>>
>>33989282
>tfw they forgot to fucking book your meps appointment last week
>tfw going to the hotel tomorrow
well, could be worse. I could be european
>>
>>33988327
I really want to join the Royal Engineers, but some guys on here told me the qualifications aren't as good as civilian one.
>>
File: chillin.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
chillin.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>33988327
College graduate here. Wanting to go into the Air Force as a Broadcast or Photojournalist. I'm a bit concerned though. Will I be able to join the Military having smoked marijuana a few times several years ago? You'll have to excuse me if I'm just being a sissy fag or something but it's basically the only thing besides rate availability that's got me worried.
>>
>>33989593
i smoked up until a week before basic. no joke. just don't do it when you get in.
>>
>>33989593
>>33989670
and never admit that you did.
>>
>>33989711
What if I admit that I did? Would that diminish my chances of getting in?
>>
>>33989733
yes
>>
>>33989748
Wouldn't they be pretty lenient about it? I read somewhere that the military still accepts people with trace background with marijuana. It's not like it was near anytime recently anyway.
>>
Couple of questions:

What is 'Duty' in the Marines?
How long does Duty last?
What is and is not allowed?
>>
>>33989733
if you are asked if you smoked pot, do not say yes unless it is still detectable in your system. 7 to 30 days depending on your body mass and general body fat percentage. constant high intensity exercise might reduce that number as you will burn the fat that thc is contained. before you go to meps, make sure you are clean of all drugs because they will do a urinalysis.

https://www.thebalance.com/military-urinalysis-drug-test-program-4054324
>>
File: 2012-05-15-Strip_199_Duty_web.gif (49KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
2012-05-15-Strip_199_Duty_web.gif
49KB, 700x355px
>>33989781
you're "on guard." you log events and visitations from officers and senior non coms in a particular area. mainly barracks, battalion, etc. lasts 24 hours.
>>
>>33989776
my dude, just fucking lie. They literally have no way of knowing
>>
>>33989823
How does one usually pass the time? Are you allowed to read, browse the internet, etc?
>>
File: 2013-08-15-Strip_286_Duty_II_web.gif (105KB, 700x1373px) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-15-Strip_286_Duty_II_web.gif
105KB, 700x1373px
>>33989851
you stare at the clock and hope that some you know comes around to keep you awake
>>
If I enlist in the Army, can I go National Guard once my contract is up? Would I have to go to basic again?
>>
>>33989865
Would probably be a pretty good time to get school work done if you elect to take any classes.
>>
>>33989826
Alright so I'm fucking retarded and I told one of the branches my past usage when asked because I wasn't expecting the question. (inb4 "what a fucktard") So no lying to get out here as I imagine they share the info between branches. Now I'm scared that I fucked up my chances of getting in at all.
>>
>>33989882
yes. no. if you pick a different mos than your active army mos you will have to retrain for the new mos. that means you skip basic and go to the ait school of your new mos.
>>
>>33989886
depends on the leadership and your unit. when i got in, people would have their laptops out doing correspondence courses and playing gta on their portable playstations. when i got out, there were no electronics nor non military literature allowed.
one oic butterbar tried to write up a guy for reading a ranger school study guide one time. oh the fuckery
>>
>>33989900
If you just told a recruiter you're fine. They have no reason to do anything. MEPS is a different story.
>>
>>33989900
probably not. but if you do go to a recruiter, they might drug test you on the spot. it depends on the recruiting station though. they made me piss before they made my appointment for meps.
>>
Is anyone here a 15W?
>>
>>33989900
I was a retard and admitted experimental use to my recruiter and he put that down on my packet. When I went to MEPS the MEPS guys asked me if I had experimented and I told them yes, after that no questions were further ask. I had no issues with the security guy either. If your recruiter puts that down on your paperwork then be sure to stick with it once you get to MEPS, otherwise don't say anything because inconsistencies with what you say and what's on your paperwork can get you into trouble.
>>
75th Ranger Regiment is adding a 5th Battalion

MILITARY INTELLIGENCE BATTALION

http://taskandpurpose.com/75th-ranger-regiment-adding-fifth-battalion/
>>
>>33989993

If I weren't already so sold on becoming a CCT this would be very interesting to me.
>>
>>33989942
How frequent is it? (Once a month, etc.?)
>>
>>33989993
i guess their not gonna send rangers to die in light infantry any more.
>>
>>33990041
depends if you're a shit bag or not. depends if you're on profile or not. depends if you can train or not. it just depends dude. i didn't take leave during block leave one time and had 5 consecutive duty shifts. then i had a span of 8 months that i didn't have duty because i was in the field with med coverage.
>>
>>33990043
It's just an extra battalion for in house intel gathering and shiet

I've heard a lot of stories of Rangers ending up at the wrong location or having faulty intel which leads to bad shit happening

It's just easier if they do their own intel and support themselves. They do it in practically every other way anyway.
>>
>>33989991
>>33989958
This makes me feel a lot better.
>>
>>33990077
Well I guess, if nothing else, it teaches discipline.

Thanks for all the answers man.
>>
>>33990081

What most SOF has figured out as that you need HUMINT done in house. You can't trust the CIA, and technical intel has limitations.
>>
>>33990132
Does this mean that the Regiment s going to have dedicated ISR platforms now?
>>
>>33990248

Ehhhhhh, I really couldn't say.
>>
>>33990288
Whatever may happen, I think the Regiment's role in future conflicts is pretty bright.

I honestly see them as Proto-ODSTs.

>tfw no jumping feet first into hell
>>
>>33990301

>Proto-ODSTs

I... uh... welp, you do you.
>>
>>33990322
Sorry I just got finished re-reading Fall Of Reach.

But my first point still stands.
>>
File: TACP.jpg (447KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
TACP.jpg
447KB, 1680x945px
I'm interested in joining the Air Force and right now I'm strongly considering trying for TACP. Is there any reason I shouldn't? Are there any other cool MOSs in the Air Force (besides the SOF stuff)?
>>
Is it possible to be an operator if you're really tall (6'7")? Seems like all the SOF guys are relatively short.
>>
>>33990647
We'll can you meet the physical requirements?
>>
File: IMG_3994.jpg (61KB, 320x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3994.jpg
61KB, 320x426px
Hey anons, I'm 18, about to graduate high school, and have no idea what to do with my life. I've thought about joining the airforce since it sounds like a cool idea and one of my heroes retired a Master Sergeant after 20 years in the airforce, but I don't really know much about anything. Could you guys help me out?

I don't post often here, /tg/'s my main board so sorry if my newness to this board is showing.
>>
>>33990665
Probably not currently, I guess it depends on which group we're talking about as well, but I am constantly trying to improve. I may be dumb for saying this but I've just always been incredibly interested in special operations and I feel like I wouldn't really be happy with a desk job when I enlist.
>>
File: k2r7Eq1.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
k2r7Eq1.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
I'm in grad school but hate it. I speak a bit of Hindi/Urdu and have lived in other countries before. Is it too late for me to do any cool guy shit at this point in the game? I'm 25. I should've enlisted earlier but I dun goof'd and went to school.
>>
>>33990689
What do you want to do for a living? The military is a good place to kind of kick-start your adult life. The Air Force probably has the best quality of life compared to the other branches.
>>
>>33990689
talk to a recruiter, don't agree to anything, and don't sign anything. do some research. op has a lot of mil related stuff. it's super easy to look up jobs and their requirements. come up with a plan and come back here to post your plan.
>>
>>33990689
What the heck, Bob Ross was a Master Sergeant of the USAF?

Huh? What?
>>
>>33990743
He said that he had to yell at people so often in his milfag career that he decided that he would never raise his voice again when he got out.

Took up landscape painting while he was stationed in Alaska.
>>
>>33990712
if you are a citizen and under 30 you can do pretty much anything you want as long as you pass the prequalifiers. if you just want to do the military as a life experience, you got like a decade before you get into age waivers.

side note: the military is not exciting at all. it's 90% hurry up and wait, 5% general fuckery, 4% life lessons, and 1% cool guy shit. don't enlist thinking your life is gonna be video game esque.
>>
>>33990498
it really depends on what you want to do
>>
>>33990700
>I've just always been incredibly interested in special operations
everyone is intrigued by special operations. and if you stay in long enough, you will work a desk no matter what job you take.
>>
>>33990712
honestly, you should just go for a commission before resorting to enlistment. but knowing urdu will put you in a very favorable position if you can get the clearance to do secret shit.
>>
>>33990779
I was born here. The only issue I was thinking was when I lived in India, wonder if that will fuck me getting a clearance. Both parents are/were American.
>if you just want to do the military as a life experience
Was thinking some of that but more of using what I did in the military to help springboard into something else.
>1% cool guy shit
>don't enlist thinking your life is gonna be video game esque.
Fair enough, thanks. Wasn't thinking I would be ST6 or something, but perhaps not stuck behind a desk or purifying water all day. A quick look online and Civil Affairs seems kinda intriguing.
>>
>>33990794
So what would you suggest? I'm not really sure what I want to do when I get out. I'd like to make a decent amount of money but I'm planning on going to school anyways so I feel like what I do in the military will be mostly irrelevant.
>>
File: IMG_3991.jpg (41KB, 600x806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3991.jpg
41KB, 600x806px
>>33990716
I dunno, man. That's always been my problem, alongside doing pretty meh in school. I've never been able to figure out what I want to do, so I thought maybe the military would be a good idea.

>>33990729
Is it really that bad with recruiters like I've heard on here? I dunno much, man. Also the OP doesn't seem to have a link to airforce stuff but that could just be me being blind.

>>33990743
Yeah, this is him. Crazy isn't it? But yeah, it's what >>33990760 said. He hated being mean and loud, so he swore never to do it again.
>>
>>33990807
>just go for a commission before resorting to enlistment
Will quitting grad school to join the military look unfavorably? I already have my undergrad degree.
>if you can get the clearance to do secret shit.
Thats the one issue I have. Would rather not sign up and then later find out I can't get one.
>>
After you finish all of your training and shit and are sent to a base, what personal items can you bring? Can you bring a personal laptop, game system, phone, etc.?
>>
>>33990940
And what is the wifi on base like? That might be a stupid question, but whatever. I don't care that much, I'm just curious. I'm sure it differs from base to base.
>>
>>33990119
Stop being a faggot, duty sucks balls. It doesn't "teach discipline" its just some stupid bullshit that goes along with the active duty military. Same with Field Day/Health and Welfare as well as morning "PT" (aka roll around and do stretches from the 50s or run 3 laps if you're an admin POG). Its all stupid as fuck. You guys who are joining thinking its gonna be fuckin badassery and fun and cool guns all the time are gonna be pissed when your "Graduated from Basic" shine wears off.
>>
>>33990861
>Will quitting grad school to join the military look unfavorably?
Not really. If you can get your advisors to fill out recomendations for you, then you're in a good spot so far.
>Thats the one issue I have. Would rather not sign up and then later find out I can't get one.
Alright. Out with it. Do you have family in Pakistan/Afghanistan? Do you have US Citizenship? If you have other citizenships, are you willing to renounce them?
>>
>>33990834
see
>>33990729
>>
>>33990940
yes.
>>33990948
it's shitty. but you can get cable if you pay for it.
>>
>>33990961
>Stop being a faggot
take your own advice dude. let the fuckers learn on their own.
>>
>>33990961
Also doing stupid fuckin details like "Hey privates, take all the shit in this classroom filled with chairs, desks, stereos, lawnmowers and other random shit and move it two doors down into another classroom. Then in two months we'll do the same thing". Or "Hey move these sandbags 20 feet over there." or mowing the lawn, etc. The military teaches you how to be a lowest common denominator civilian worker.

All that said, there is cool/fun/not shitty stuff you get to do like field problems, being OPFOR, making friends in your platoona nd company, etc. Its a valuable experience. But just don't go into it expecting badass shit and fun times. Most of it varies from "This is fuckin gay, I'd rather be raped with a flaming steel cactus" to "This is mildly irritating". So just be aware future cherries.
>>
I heard you have weekends off in the military, is this true? I'd imagine this is based off your mos though.
>>
>>33991045
I can't stand "that guy" who is like "guys mopping and waxing all the floors here is a really good lesson in military discipline and makes us better people and soldiers." that shit is insufferable.
>>
>>33991095
you never technically have a "day off." but yes most people don't work but during the business week. some mos have different hours though; mp, air controller, etc. if you're in the field, you might have to train throughout the weekend or even some holidays. and yes, your yearly 30 days vacation time includes weekends.
>>
So I started an application the British Army about 10 weeks ago having been in the TA for 2 years, sent off my medical forms, they never arrived and with family stuff and switching jobs I never noticed the emails they sent me asking where they were
Got a phone call from someone in the company that handles the application asking me if I was still interested and when I was he started to bollock me about it and told me he would be passing on a note about it to my handler

Is this actually going to do anything to my application? The guy definitely wasn't actual army, didn't seem to know the terms and didn't know the NATO alphabet past foxtrot, but all of the staff you actually meet are
>>
>>33991175
Whats the TA like? Don't know much about it.
>>
>>33991202
Its pretty good, get a lot of range time, cheap drink, the people in it are decent, it gets you fit and if you're a poorfag like me its probably the only way you're ever going to get to go skiing for two weeks without saving for years, I went on 4 foreign holidays with them and was going to be sent to Croatia for training before I left for work reasons
>>
File: 1435711745898.png (426KB, 599x577px) Image search: [Google]
1435711745898.png
426KB, 599x577px
Is 94 ASVAB good or am I still a drooling retard if I didn't get a 99?
>>
>>33991230
yes kys.
>>
>>33991229
Sounds like a good time. Thanks mate
>>
>>33991230
Its pretty good. In OSUT I had friends who were ASVAB waivers, and others who had 99s. They were both retards. I had a 93 irrc
>>
Can you be Airborne and National Guard?
>>
any af officers here? i have some questions:

>can you apply for only rated boards without committing to service when you apply to OTS?

>assuming i have around 3.2 gpa in EE, and good stats in everything else, are my chances for a pilot slot good? im okay with CSO

>is there a best time to apply? 1 year prior to college graduation? just after?
>>
>>33991482
there's a unit in texas supposedly. knew a medic in ait that was supposed to be going to it.

you can always get your wings. it's just a matter of getting your leadership to approve your training and you finding time for it.
>>
>>33991517
I'm planning on going Airborne when I enlist in the Army, and then going National Guard whenever my contract ends. Would that change anything?
>>
>>33991543
no.
>>
So, quick health related question. I'm in the DEP already and don't want to go through the process to get back in again in the event of a discharge. Can hemmoroids potentially get me discharged from the DEP? I caught the the stomach flu and either my asshole is completely raw and swollen from shitting once every hour or two or I got one of those nasty fucks.

Also, any advice on how to treat or? I've been putting neosporin on the fucker
>>
Is there any point talking to a recruiter if I'm overweight or will they just tell me to get the fuck out?
>>
>>33991639
>Can hemmoroids potentially get me discharged from the DEP?
yes
>swollen from shitting once every hour or two
it's more than likely this. go to a free clinic and spread your cheeks.
>>
>>33991665
Depends on the recruiter and how attractive (so to speak) you are to them. If you seem like a great catch (e.g. high asvab score, intelligent, college credits, etc.) than they'll probably work if you. Assuming you're not like 50 lbs overweight.
>>
>>33991665
they will pretty much help you lose weight. especially if you show that you're not a fuck up. some army recruiters do "pt" with their delayed people.

go to /fit/ for fit.
>>
I think I have hemorrhoids...
>>
>>33991711
>go to a free clinic and spread your cheeks.
>>
>>33991715
Can they fix my butt?
>>
>>33991700
Marine corps does PT twice a week
>>
File: Aragorn.png (1MB, 1268x796px) Image search: [Google]
Aragorn.png
1MB, 1268x796px
>been running every day to get ready for indoc
>now it's warm enough to swim to get water con
>2.5 months to go

Wish me luck.
>>
File: 1494127523532.jpg (300KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494127523532.jpg
300KB, 566x800px
Are all female officers mandated to be hot or something?

>at biker rally
>there's a bikini contest
>winner is a Navy Aviation Officer who pilots a fighter

I don't see many ugly chicks in the officer corps. Is this normal? Does mandating physical standards shape the ones that would be 4's and 5's into 6's?
>>
File: 1423439989002.jpg (172KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1423439989002.jpg
172KB, 600x600px
>>33991821
Luck I wish you, son of Gondor.
>>
>>33991821
You'll be fine anon if you remain consistent. Don't forget that once you get to training that mental strength is just as important. Never quit.
>>
>>33991842
it's more the fitness standards than anything. most people would look attractive if they're careers depended on it.

with that being said, marine and air force chicks have always seemed to have a +1 to the scale than the women i saw in the army.
>>
>>33991842

>3's and 4's in the "do not fuck" category become 5's in the "meh" category because of good bodies but bad facial structure
>5's go up to 6's in the "cute" or 7's in the "hot" category
>6's bump up a point or two
>7's either stay 7's or bump up to 8's

Plus the Officer corps draws from educated women. Educated women are generally better kept than the general population. All of that skews it sharply.
>>
File: 1492388923118.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1492388923118.gif
458KB, 256x256px
How long does it typically take for you to ship out to basic after the oath?
I kinda want to get the fuck out and quit my shit job already.
>>
>>33991543
Nope. Unless you get an Airborne unit back in your home state those wings will just be a neat accessory on your uniform. They do count for promotion though!
>>
>>33992079
you typically swear in twice. once after you sign your contract and another after your delayed entry time is up. after the second time it takes like an hour or two. and the time period between the two swearing in sessions varies.
>>
>>33991230
Why do people ask this question all the time when they already know the answer?
>>
>>33992299
they're bragging.
>>
>>33990848
Alright, so I'm doing some reading and TACP and/or being a Pilot sounds pretty cool to me. The airforce site says you just need a High School diploma for TACP and a Bachelors for being a Pilot. And you need to be an officer to be a Pilot, right? So I'd need to join the airforce academy for that, right? I'm just a little confused on stuff, but it could just be my being a retard. I dunno. Any firther advice, anons?
>>
>>33992616
you can go to any school that has an air force rotc program. af academy is probably your best bet if you are thinking career. there's also some other schools that offer just as good education alongside their rotc; embry-riddle, auburn, shit like that. if you want to go career and even possibly get into the stratosphere, those are your best bets.
>>
>>33992616

What do you have right now? If you're an underagefag just lie and say high school.
>>
>>33993069
High School.
>>
>>33990729
did my practice ASVAB couple of days ago. got a 67, recruter wanted me to take the real one 2 days after, i was like "fuck no" and got scheduled for the 31st of this month.
what do you mean dont agree to anything? and also is a 67 good or should i really study those asvab guides before the real test?
>>
>>33993116

Well, then you can probably plot to do ROTC at a college of your choice, enlist and go through one of the programs there which includes a chance to go to the Academy, or you can enlist, take college classes with your GI bill and tuition assistance, then go to OCS afterwards.
>>
File: Army-recruiter-meme.jpg (84KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
Army-recruiter-meme.jpg
84KB, 625x416px
>>33993130
>dont agree to anything
the recruiter might entice you with some shit. you typically only get this with the shitbags but you never know. i've heard dudes going fishing with their recruiter, getting free meals, or even going on dates with a recruiter. don't agree to anything.

saying no to taking the asvab so quickly was a good idea. most recruiters want you out of their lives as quickly as possible. so delay for as long as you can. it will piss them off, but it will guarantee the best options for you.

>should i really study those asvab guides
yes, unless you are absolutely confident that you can get a 90+ on the asvab, study. it makes a big fucking difference.
>>
>>33993116
>>33993154
look up the green to gold program. it's technically army. i'm not sure if the air force has something similar, but i'd imagine it does. that will give you similar ideas for what you are thinking about pursuing.
>>
>>33993230
>retards agree ti gi fir dinners with recruiters
jesus christ, people are really reaterded.
also im not a native murican speaker so that is why i got butchered in the practice one. my worst score was paragraph comprehension. whitch i know its retarded to admit it did bad at it. but i think it was the language barrier.
i will study as much as i can. ether way i can retake the asvab in 2 months if im not mistaken (?)
>>
>>33989361
>forgot to fucking book your meps appointment
I had this happen.
>meps is 2 hours from home
>guy at hotel had to make calls to let me stay
>get to meps but no one has me on their lists
>turns out the liason (resident slacker) never put my papers through
>got to take asvab as walk on then leave
I actually got turned away from the hotel once so you better have your recruiters cell phone. I didn't and couldn't reach him. Only had email and office phone.
I think I ended up going to MEPS around 5 times. It was aight though because it was in the middle of a city and I got days off work to explore.
>>
>>33993256
>retake the asvab in 2 months if im not mistaken
1 month between your initial and your retest. and if you do poorly again, you will have to wait another 6 months.

if you are having issues with english, you should really focus on that. there's plenty of FREE language resources online; duolingo, open culture, etc.
>>
>>33993302
its not that i got problems, its more than i was kinda nervous because im kinda new to this shit, and i just got there, they imediatly put me in the practice without kinda explainig shit. after i scored 67 niggas where like "that is fucking grealt, now here is what whe going to do" and kinda explained me the whole naturalization process, how the whole MOS thing goes etc.
i think i will do better at the real thing. but i will still put my hours down to get a better grade.
>>
>>33991733
Get some preparation H, it does wonders. Wipes and the cream.
>>
>>33990647
Most the rangers I've met have been either manlets or 6'3+ Nordic gods. It's like there's no in between.
>>
>>33993411
Nah I have buddies from Basic who made it to the 75th and they were like 5'11 to 6'1 ish. Very average height, but fairly good build.
>>
>>33993466
>5'11 to 6'1 ish
>average height
REEEEEE
>>
>>33993411
>>33993466
Conflicting dubs
>>
>>33993551
Manlet
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxZqS61ldp4
>Walk into a recruiting station and claim you're an O-6
>Not even in full uniform
That takes some fucking balls
>>
>>33990041
it should depend on the number of personnel in your unit. if you are part of a full battalion you may get duty once every couple of months.

I was at my battalion for 4 years, probable sat barracks DNCO or ADNCO 4 times total and Duty Driver 3 times.

but that's my unique experience and by no means a reflection of what to expect.
really it;s up to your leadership to submit a list of available bodies (to deconflict with training) and the company will compile the list and fill in the shifts for their duty month
>JAN - A co
>FEB - B co
>MAR - H&S co
>APR - A co
>and so on...
because i was always deploying (and therefore doing workups) or training the youngbloods for their upcomming deployment the last 3 years of my enlistment i probably only sat duty once
my unit was pretty chill when it came to the actual duty itself

>two person, "Duty-NCO" and Assistant Duty-NCO
>roving post
>sleeping post (one person at a time)
>most forms of distraction were allowed aslong as you were alert enough to report you post
>after your shift ended you got the rest of the day off because your had to stay up almost all night
>duty was in the uniform of the day (99.9% of the time that was cammies)

i remember one time i totted a little TV i had and my N64 out to the duty hut and Super Smashed all night, OOD showed up and after we reported out post he played a 5 live match
>>
>>33989865
>>33989823
This is why people who do boring or shitty jobs hide clocks.
>>
>>33990301
>I honestly see them as Proto-ODSTs.

I honestly think you need to spend more time outside.
>>
>>33990807
No one will give a fuck that a butterbar can speak halfassed urdu.
>>
>>33993863

He's a kid who reads military fiction based on video games. When he gets out into the real world, especially if he actually deals with military shit, his magic glasses will come off. Let him enjoy it while he can.
>>
>>33993154
Alright, that sounds good to me. How would that work? Just enlist for something like Security Forces or any other enlistment, take free college classes, then go to Officer classes or something?
>>
>>33993975

Why not do what you want? Enlist as a TACP, get your bachelor's from a reputable college, then commission as a pilot through OCS.
>>
>https:// www. armytimes.com/articles/new-rifle-bigger-bullets-inside-the-armys-plan-to-ditch-the-m4-and-556
Burguers receiving an upgrade in the near future.
>>
>>33993975
>>33994035
this could end badly. tacp requires a lot of leg work. if you get injured in the field, that might diminish your chances at becoming a pilot.
>>
>>33994035
I dunno man, Security Forces and TACP both seem like pretty cool things to do, I just dunno what exactly to do, still learning everything about the military and stuff. Still need to get in shape, too, lose weight and eat right, man.

>>33994098
True enough.
>>
>>33994135

SecFo has cool shit in it, but it's even riskier than TACP if you do the SOF shit.
>>
>>33994178
Huh, interesting. I dunno, I'd like to do one of those if I can't go for the Officer stuff right away, though I'd be fine with Air Transportation, too, which also seems pretty cool.
>>
>>33994206

Or you could go to college on an ROTC scholarship and enjoy your time there before going in. Might be happier that way.
>>
File: 1494804567200.jpg (62KB, 500x678px) Image search: [Google]
1494804567200.jpg
62KB, 500x678px
>>33988327
>get 97 on ASVAB
>Chair Force recruiter tells me about some little known job that requires the EDPT
>fuck, another test
What should I expect?
Pic unrelated
>>
>>33994214
True enough, anon. I just gotta work on studying harder to get smarter and lose weight/gain muscle.

What degree should I go for if I want to be a Pilot? I've seen a few recommended ones like Aeronautics or Commercial Pilot and Crew or something like that.
>>
>>33994237

Anything really, only a degree is required. STEM is taken a bit more seriously, but nothing stops you from flying with a philosophy degree. Do what you like.
>>
>>33994244
Huh, alright then. Maybe History then, always loved History.
>>
>>33994178
>SecFo has cool shit in it

DAGRE is by far one the coolest things I've ever heard of
>>
File: 1473801553809.jpg (226KB, 900x626px) Image search: [Google]
1473801553809.jpg
226KB, 900x626px
How hard would it be to transfer into Intel, more specifically 35G from a combat arms MOS? I have a 96 MOS.
>>
>>33994251

I imagine that those guys and CPET probably work closely with Special Tactics opening up and securing covert air fields along with HUMINT officers doing CI Force Protection for them. AFSOC is a fascinating world.
>>
>>33994255
>35G from a combat arms
>I have a 96 MOS
i am so confused
>>
>>33994269
That and apparently some SecFo even go to Ranger School

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/820th_Base_Defense_Group
>>
>>33994251
How would you go about getting into DAGRE? Go SecFo and hope to god that you get a slot?
>>
>>33994271
I want to be a forward observer but after a few years I want to re-class and change my MOS. How difficult would that be?
>>
>>33994291

Yep, that's on the table too.

>>33994304

Apparently you need to get stationed at an AFSOC base as well.
>>
>>33994305
>how drunk are you?
are you asking to get into intel or transfer out of it?
either way it's easy as shit. especially if you have the asvab scores.
>>
>>33994323
So, is SecFo as bad as people say it is? I'm interested in joining the Air Force and one of the career fields I'm considering later on in life is federal law enforcement so I imagine the experience couldn't hurt. Getting into DAGRE would be awesome but if that doesn't happen, is SecFo still alright?
>>
>>33994304
I'd imagine you would have to Phoenix-raven qualified to even be selected
>>33994305
pretty fuckin difficult
>>
>>33994328
Transferring into it. I am going to be a Forward Observer but I assume that after a few years ill blow my knees out from Running and a nice desk job would be nice before I get out.
>>
>>33990647
Bruh same same
>>
>>33994338
>So, is SecFo as bad as people say it is?

Most people who say it's bad aren't aware of its extra opportunities like PHOENIX-RAVEN, CPET, SRT, DAGRE, and counter-terrorism driving school
>>
>>33988327
>>33994216
This. What is the EDPT?
>>
>>33994372
>EDPT?

It tests your knowledge of cyber security
>>
How bad will a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge fuck me when I go to enlist? Does it make my chances of gaining a clearance slim to none?
>>
>>33994353

That's because most people who say it's bad are aware that 99 % of SecFo doesn't touch that shit.

Security Forces are gate guards. Like every other job field in the military, a small portion of them end up in cool assignments. Saying SecFo is a cool job because of long-shot opportunities is like saying HR is a cool job because you can work the Pentagon mission. It's the worst kind of meme that High Schoolers just parrot back and forth to each other when they're thinking of joining.
>>
>>33994384
But I just want to control the comings and goings of planes...
>>
>>33994399
Do you think it'd be a bad option for someone who was interested in law enforcement but isn't really sure what AFSC they'd like to go for? The only other AFSC I was looking at was TACP.
>>
>>33994416

It's pretty much the worst job in the Air Force. If you're like the typical /k/-tard it appeals to you because you want to carry a gun but you think you're too good for the services that actually have jobs that do shooty shit.

If you don't actually want to do Air Force shit (IE, support aviation/computer/space/intelligence missions), don't join the fucking Air Force.
>>
>>33994416
I'm also currently trying to enlist into TACP, but if you want a career in Law maybe consider joing SecFor and becoming an officer
>>
>>33994435
I didn't mean to be retarded. To be honest, the main reason I'm looking at the Air Force is because my father (who was in the Navy for 20 years) is pretty biased against the Army and Marines. He says that as long as I go for the other three branches, I'll be fine. I know my dad doesn't control my life but I figured if I could do something in one of those branches that would please him but also be something I'm interested in, than that would be great. I wouldn't mind joining the Army or the Marines but I'm not really sure which MOSs I should be looking at. I'm not really sure if I'm ranger material and that seems to be one of the only jobs in the Army that is almost guaranteed to see combat (aside from SF of course). So what should I be looking at if I do want to get deployed/do field work? Any input is appreciated.
>>
>>33994471

> To be honest, the main reason I'm looking at the Air Force is because my father (who was in the Navy for 20 years) is pretty biased against the Army and Marines.

Your father and everyone else's father too. "Don't join the Army/Marines, I did it/my buddy did it and it sucked" is what the entire previous generation will tell you. A lot of that has changed, a lot of it is still true. Ultimately the choice to go Army/Marines over Navy/Air Force usually means worse quality of life with no upside.

My advice would be to realize that no matter where you go you're probably not going to get the "guns and glory" military lifestyle you're envisioning. Settle for an office job and play lots of COD to fill the aching hole in your warrior heart for being born in a period of relative piece.
>>
>>33994502
Sorry for being retarded, but if I were to go for an office job, should I do something intel related if I was still interested in law enforcement? I honestly have no fucking clue what I want to do with my life but it seems like it's something I could bear.
>>
>>33994542

Civilian law enforcement doesn't usually care what you did in the military unless you got no-shit federal credentials. You're not going to get those with any regular MP/security job, so I wouldn't worry about it. Pick something you're interested in and/or good at.

Intel is good because you get some transferable skills and a security clearance.
>>
Does the marines offer anything over the army other than the ability to beat my chest and say "im a muhreen!" Is the sense of accomplishment the same after graduating in the army vs the corps?
>>
>>33994674
no
>>
>>33994674
Nope
>>
File: File May 02, 6 43 04 PM.jpg (79KB, 550x415px) Image search: [Google]
File May 02, 6 43 04 PM.jpg
79KB, 550x415px
If I enlist as a 19D in the Army will I go to Fort Benning for basic or the armor school in Kentucky?
>>
>>33989455
What trade you looking at going for?
>>
How long should I wait to hear back from my recruiter before I call again and harass them?
My first call was just getting the basic information down over the phone to make sure I didn't have any obvious disqualifiers. Also, the Sergeant who is technically going to be recruiting me wasn't the one who fielded the call, so I'm relying on the one who took my basic info to relay it to him.
Also Air Force.
>>
>>33991506
it takes about a year of fuckery to wait for answers and boards, so the earlier you apply the better
From Navy OCS you're not technically committing to service until you commission, since you can DOR or just not even show up until that time, I would imagine the AF is the same. I know the army is different though they actually do enlist first and owe time if they fail.
3.5+ is competitive but it's STEM so you should have a good shot, I know they're hurting for pilot slots, navy def is
>>
>>33993700
>crashed the duty van
>>
Had to disclose a surgery due to outstanding medical debt related to it.

Fuck me.
>>
>>33989282
If you're in the US, you don't need to be a citizen to enlist. In fact joining as a permanent resident allows you to expedite the citizenship process.
>>
>>33990498
>Are there any other cool MOSs in the Air Force (besides the SOF stuff)?

Yeah, fighter pilot. Everything cool/enlisted is shooty jobs where you are attached to the Army your entire career.
>>
>>33994255
35G here. We had a lot of MOS-T's in AIT. Idk the process to transfer but i would recommend it. It looks like you havn't enlisted yet... Correct me if im wrong. But I wouldn't recommend planning on it.
Id say just go 35G outright. Its a really cool job and you won't regret it.
>>
>>33990807
>>33990712

Wrong. Go enlisted first and shoot for intel, preferably HUMINT. Your language skills will be most utilized there and will put you in the best position to do some really awesome shit. as long as you are in decent physical shape and apply yourself to get in fantastic shape, as well as do good on the ASVAb and can get a clearance, you will be in good shape. If you commission initially your chances of getting something where your skills are utilized are pretty much non existent. Going enlisted first will also set you up for commissioning down the road. Do not listen to the "go in commissioned" meme that wash out autists constantly spew on here. If you actually want to do at least some cool shit instead of making powerpoints and get yelled at by your commander constantly, go enlisted. I can not stress this enough.
>>
I got a 97 on my ASVAB, going into the Chair Force.
What do?
>>
>>33990833
>I was born here. The only issue I was thinking was when I lived in India, wonder if that will fuck me getting a clearance. Both parents are/were American.
As long s you answer everything truthfully and your family wasn't there for nefarious reasons, you'll be fine.
>Civil Affairs seems kinda intriguing

It's not nearly as cool as it sounds.
>>
>>33994372
>what is google?
>>
>>33996254
>(((Jew)))gle
>>
>>33990833
>India
You'll be fine.
>>
>>33991482
Yes as long as you are in an airborne unit. It all depends on your state. Indiana has a unit that actually jumps and the SF Guard units do as well. I'm sure there are more, I just don't know what/where they are.
>>
>>33992038
>Educated women are generally better kept than the general population

I've got some bad news for you anon...
>>
>>33996182
>Go enlisted first and shoot for intel, preferably HUMINT
Thanks for the advice, anon. I'll check out those mos
>>
File: flecktarnwallet.jpg (77KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
flecktarnwallet.jpg
77KB, 500x628px
>>33988327
I just reclassed to 25B because the recruiter told me its the only way I can get accepted into the local unit.
I wanted 68W but didn't have a high enough GT score. He said that since its a medical unit they will send me to the training anyway to fill in a vacant 68 position if I ask for it.
Am I getting the run around?
>>
>>33996200
Have fun. Just make sure you get an MOS with good career opportunities in the civilian world once you get out.

Stay away from MP. Chair Force recruiters love lying to people to sign up for that one.
>>
>>33995926
thanks for the answer. will try my best to raise my gpa a bit. any advice for getting officers to give me letters of recommendation? also should i have all my tests done (TBAS, AFOQT, flight hours) before applying or during the process?
>>
>>33996047
Sounds like your fucked then buddy. My dumbass cousin disclosed a knee injury to his Navy recruiter he had got playing football even though I specifically told him to fucking lie about it. Retard was denied enlistment on the spot.
>>
>>33994674
lol fuck no
>>
I think I'm gonna do ROTC in college, and I want to go 37A. I know I can't just go into it and I need to be in the army for a few years, but how do I get there, and what should I do beforehand?
>>
>>33996817
I'm thinking ATC but my recruiter told me about a job that's pretty unknown that takes the EDPT and I don't know if I want to go through another test
>>
File: 1490732661848.jpg (118KB, 748x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1490732661848.jpg
118KB, 748x1022px
>>33996894
Get CCC qualified as fast as you can in any of the basic branches then transfer over.

I personally went S6 in a CA unit and then jumped over to 38A AFTER I completed airborne and SCCC.
>>
What UK Regiment/Corps has the most hands on shit to for an officer? I'm doing a stem degree so looking at REME, RE and RS but open to other suggesttions
>>
Canuckfag here, I'm finishing up my computer science degree but I hate it and want to become a pilot instead. How hard is it to become a pilot in the CAF? I know fast jet is very competitve but I'd be happy with rotary or multi engine as well.

I don't know a whole lot about the military but I've been playing flight sims for years
>>
>>33994178
>>33994135
No it doesn't. Security Forces is full of idiots and is an embarrassment to MP's throughout the military.
>>
File: 1492404091439.jpg (101KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
1492404091439.jpg
101KB, 500x706px
>>33996813
25B is an MOS you can get a job anywhere in IT. My E5 25Bs on average make $60k a year here in San Diego without a degree.

The local medical unit doesn't do shit compared to us. We do a lot of field work and bivouc.

I'm biased but 25B/25N > 68W
>>
File: 1489960288513.jpg (110KB, 640x835px) Image search: [Google]
1489960288513.jpg
110KB, 640x835px
>>33997095
True story. SF (security forces) is shit on compared to real ground pounders and trigger pullers.
>>
I find it extremely odd that every single MEG lately has a large percentage of comments about USAF Security Forces. It's a small niche job. Very strange to see such extreme discussion about it, especially so many comments pushing it as a "cool" job- yeah they get some cool postings. Every MOS has *some* cool postings. But the idea of actually getting into them is really low. If this had just happened in a couple of threads, it wouldn't be noticeable, but this reeks of either recruitment driven posting or a ultra moto USAF SF guy on the prowl.
>>
>>33994396
shouldn't be too bad. possibly but doubtful. if that's the only charges you have, then it shouldn't be that big of an issue. be upfront with your recruiter.

>>33994702
osut at benning.

>>33995776
i'd harass the fuck out of the air force guys. there is no demand for recruitment from those guys, so they give even less of a shit about you. call him.

>>33996813
yes. you're getting fucked. are you whiskey that is having to apply for a 25b position?

>>33996894
go intel, or pretty much anything. psyops is kinda one of those things like civil affairs; where they don't care what your previous job was. as long as you can do your job effectively and have a military bearing, you are good to go.

>>33996997
yes, take the goddamn test.
>>
What Intel AFSCs should I look at if I want to be making 6 figures like I've heard some people do when they get out?
>>
>>33988327
can someone point me in the right direction before i make an ass of myself?
i moved back to germany after my mom kicked me out of the house (i had nowhere else to go) and I want to join the US Marines.
I know that there is a 'recruiting station' in germany but when I look at their facebook page it says for 'DoD dependents' and since im technically not on orders to be here will they still put me through?

TL;DR I moved to Germany on a whim and want to join the US marines, is it possible? (US citizen)
>>
>>33997280
are you in fact a us citizen? you can talk to recruiters online. go to the recruiter in germany they might point you in the right direction.
>>
>>33997315
yup, dual national. mother is german father is american
the Marine recruiter in germany is roughly 3 hours away from where I live. would you suggest an email or call as first contact? tia
>>
>>33997331
call them. you shouldn't go there if it's too far away.
>>
>>33996832

He didn't deny me, just said to get my records and get them to him to see what it all entailed. It was only a quick procedure to shave down my meniscus. I didn't tell him about the debt, just figured that if I lied about my knee, he would find out in the credit check.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 230x216px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 230x216px
>hey hey shut the fuck up
>lets pretend im an E7 and youre an E1

Fuck you
>>
File: 1489378446528.png (813KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
1489378446528.png
813KB, 500x656px
What are some ways to improve ruck time?

At the moment I'm sitting at a 13 minute ruck time with a 35LB ruck+20LB weight vest but I'll do 30 second jogs every two minutes or so to keep up the pace. Do I just keep doing it till I eventually get gud?
>>
File: QKifwD3.jpg (200KB, 1010x1515px) Image search: [Google]
QKifwD3.jpg
200KB, 1010x1515px
>>33997174
>take the goddamn test
Yes Sir!
>>
>>33997634
Increase your long distance cardio conditioning with loner distance (6-10 mile) jogging. I recommend a trail or astroturf if possible, running on that much aspalt isn't great for you.

Increase you leg and back strength at the gym with leg heavy exercises.

Wear the ruck correctly and take advantage of waist pads (some people for some reason don't use them).

When you are good at rucking you don't need to run to make your time. You goal should be to get a lower time WITHOUT breaking a walking stride. Do not go into a high impact stride- you are training specifically become faster while walking.

Doing sprint drills with rucks/weigh should only be don't extremely sparingly and only as a test of where you are at, not as a means to physically condition yourself. You should be conditioned from other exercises. Running with weight cumulatively causes wear on your body and you don't want to do that to your body needlessly.
>>
>>33997275

Cyber if you want NSA, analysis for any civilian agency, linguist if you're thinking State Department or HUMINT, IMINT if you want to do geo-int stuff... really with intel it's hard to go wrong.
>>
DONT
O
N
T

DO NOT
O

N
O
T

JOIN THE MILITARY ITS ALL A FUCKING JOKE ITS NOT WORTH IT
>>
>>33997956
what if i join to be a pilot, fucker
>>
>>33997956
you can't tell me what to do
>>
File: 021616-CCW-vs-LEOSA-05_X1200.jpg (588KB, 1200x773px) Image search: [Google]
021616-CCW-vs-LEOSA-05_X1200.jpg
588KB, 1200x773px
If you ain't Security Forces, you ain't shit.
>>
anyone join after getting ACL Recon? I tore my acl 2 years ago and had surgery but im not sure what documents to bring to enlist?
>>
>>33997980
If you ain't infantry, you ain't stupid.
>>
>>33996061
I want to be commissioned so I can be a pilot
>>
>>33998004
all of them. if you had surgery it is a requirement that you bring in all the medical records pertaining to the surgery.
>>
Can I spin my fidget spinner during the interviews for the air force?
>>
File: 1492615896629.gif (45KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492615896629.gif
45KB, 356x200px
>>33998177
>>
>>33996061
This. I used the armed forces to help get my citizenship.
t. Norsk
>>
>>33997089

lucky bastard,i couldnt afford college so im joining with what i got

i got a bad feeling im gonna end up a mechanic on some base in manitoba
>>
>>33997980

>"Safe space force"
>>
>>33998288
Go ATC dude, I loved all the Canadians I was with in SK along with a handful of Aussies.
>>
>>33998371

Gonna sound dumb here so i apologize but what is ATC?
>>
>>33998479
Air Traffic Control
I loved every moment.
>>
>>33998177

They will probably be spinning theirs so it would probably be rude not to.
>>
Do you need to have your wisdom teeth removed, especially if you want to do high speed stuff later?
>>
>>33998892
they'll pay for it if you need them taken out. it is not a prerequisite for enlisting.
>>
>>33997108
No offense, but I know a guy thats 25B and he's working as a security guard right after he got out of AIT.
>>
>>33998892
I did 8 years and never got them removed. No pain or issues with them long it a priority.
>>
>>33997174
No, im orignally a 88Mistake but I wanted the 68W. He's a recruiter but he's also apart of the same unit I am transferring to, so I don't think it would be wise for him to fuck me over like that since I will be drilling with him every month. He's basically telling me that since I didn't score high enough on the asvab for 68, my best option would be get accepted into the unit as a 25B then request to be reclassed as 68W under the new unit....
Just want a second opinion on whether or not its a waste of my time.
>>
>>33998987
there's no guarantee that a whisky slot will open up. plus you will have to fulfill your 25b contract before you can take on 68w. find out if you can retake the asvab. if you're still on base, go to the learning annex at the library. they will be able to help you out on getting your asvab scores up and setting you up with an asvab test date.
>>
File: 1449270515422.jpg (2MB, 3532x1987px) Image search: [Google]
1449270515422.jpg
2MB, 3532x1987px
How difficult is it to become a 13R? Is it a shitty MOS?
>>
>>33999163
Well if he's fucking me over again, ill just not go to the AIT.
I have 12 months to report to training as it states in my new contract but If I change my mind and don't show up then its null and void. I really don't care if it bars me from future enlistment anymore. Im just tired of tests defining my life and limiting my opportunities. I'll find something else better to do with my time if I can't go 68 and fuck the army afterwards.
>>
Awkward question time, /meg/. Does dick size matter at all when you go to basic? Obviously not in an official capacity, but will you be treated any differently if you're smaller than average? Legit concern with me.
>>
>>33999590
You'll get singled out during Penis Inspection by the DIs. If it's bad enough they'll probably put it in a note on your BCT outprocess packet to your first unit.
>>
>>33999607
Just like inspection in gym class?
>>
>>33999690
It's a real thing. DIs have to annotate if there are any irregularities at certain times like after the CS gas chamber to make sure you don't have a reaction to it physically.

They annote if you have an extra small penis that goes "inny" when standing because it can be an issue decontaminating in a CS or NBC environment. The report goes to your unit commander and first line supervisor in all your units.
>>
>>33999724
We'all shit. Duly noted.
>>
>>33999732
>*Well
Motherfucking mobile.
>>
File: don laugh.jpg (15KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
don laugh.jpg
15KB, 413x395px
>>33999590
>>33999607
>>33999690
>>33999724
>>33999732
>>
File: 1494430811503.jpg (54KB, 827x684px) Image search: [Google]
1494430811503.jpg
54KB, 827x684px
>want to be navyfag
>can't swim
I don't want to be the "that guy" in basic, what are some cheap ways to learn this?
>>
>>33999830
YMCA

Or any community swimming classes. JUST DO IT. Better to do it there than doing it at boot camp.
STOP POSTING. Google swimming classes in your area right fucking now. Sign up for one within the next 10 minutes of reading this post.
>>
>>33999830
jump into a lake and see if you can make your way back out of it
>>
>>33999830
>can't swim
Are you unironically black? I am not kidding.
Learn at a YMCA if possible. Search for swimming glasses and swallow your pride.
>>
>>33999590
Eh, only if your dick turns into an "innie", then it's a matter about potential hazards in case of biological attack where something can get lodged in your crotch area.
>>
File: JibbsChamKingKong_single_cover.jpg (89KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
JibbsChamKingKong_single_cover.jpg
89KB, 300x300px
Gonna meet with a recruiter tomorrow, kinda got dragged into doing it what should I know before going in? He wants me to take the ASVAB right away. I wanna go officer though college and dont really want to enlist. What do?
>>
>>34001211
>He wants me to take the ASVAB right away
no. only take it if you know for sure you can get a 90.
>dont really want to enlist
then don't. ask the recruiter for a list of schools with a jrotc program.
>>
Advice for wanting to be RAF pilot?
>>
>>34001237
aight cool thanks
>>
>>34001211
Then don't go to see him you spineless bitch.
>>
How often do females get knocked up without knowing or revealing who the dad is?
>>
>>34001472
>>>/r9k/
>>
What does 11b usually on a daily basis during peacetime
>>
>>33996824
i didnt have officers for my letters of recommendation.
before so you can stick it in your application. the afoqt is part of the application so you have to do it before submitting the application
>>
>>34001507
Mow lawns, move closets full of shit around, sweep, mop, police up trash, CQ, PCMS of vehicles, occasionally some classes about Infantry stuff, sometimes some field problems and training. Generally bullshit and it sucks ass. Do a smart guy job.
>>
>>34001507
>You will go to PT early as fuck, probably run a long distance and then be released to go back to your barracks for a quick shower/jack session. You will change and eat breakfast. You will have an omlette with ham and cheese and probably a Monster because you decided to stay up and play COD til 0400.
>Then you will have a 0900 work call where you will show up to the company area for formation. Your morning will consist of either details or training (or sitting around doing nothing depending on how hungover your leadership still is at that point). Then you will be released for lunch. You will probably eat some form of chicken. Then you will return and do the same thing in the afternoon only it will seem gayer than it did in the morning. Then around 1700 you will be released for the day and if you are anything like my PVT's you will go back to the barracks and drink to excess before getting caught masterbating in an inappropriate place. >Then your PL or PSG (whichever one is the least drunk) will bail you out of jail. You will then wake up the next morning and do it again.
>Once a month or so you will spend a week in the field wondering why you wanted to be infantry. Then every other year or so you may deploy and you will remember why you wanted to be Infantry. At some point you will marry a fat chick just to move out of the barracks and then get a divorce when she sells your dog and blows your buddy on Rear D while you're on deployment. You will also get a lame ass tattoo that you think makes you seem tough even though everyone in the company knows you're a pussy. Finally, you will buy a Challenger that you can't afford, run up $30,000 in debt just in time for your discharge for pissing hot on a UA.
>20 years later you will be diagnosed with jaw cancer because you spent every minute of your 3 1/2 year military carrer with a dip in your mouth. You will probably dip Skoal Mint. Or maybe Wintergreen. Enjoy!
>>
>>34001565
Excellent post. Should seriously be in a sticky or something. Don't forget cleaning weapons in the armory.

Remember this post privates/prospective privates. This is the infantry in a nutshell.
>>
File: 1493728367667.jpg (331KB, 1963x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1493728367667.jpg
331KB, 1963x1199px
Right now i'm 23 and its my life goal to join the army. tired of working in construction and being a student of history for so long now i've decided being in the military is something I really want to join the ranks of before i get too old. i've read so many books and memoirs from war - vietnam mostly lately - but reading only shows you so much. I want to be there. I want to experience the rush of a firefight. I want to train. I want the solider bond. I want the experience of being in a warzone just like all the warriors history has ever produced.

But I have a felony. I was the driver of a car where my friend snatched marijuana from a weed dealer then I drove away, he hung onto my car as I accelerated, and he ended up eating shit and getting injured pretty bad. this was about 3-4 years ago
I talked to a recruiter and I asked him if I was serious about this what would be my first order of business. he told me to get my record sealed/expunged. but this is going to cost a fuckload of money for lawyers and won't they be able to just tell anyways? whats the point of getting it expunged? is it to show the recruiter i'm serious?

I feel like if I can just manage to get into some kind of interview process so they can see my true character i would be able to make it. i like to think myself as pretty intelligent/resourceful and i excel in those situations.

any recruiters here? any tips or advice for my situation?
>>
What does 68W do during peacetime?
>>
What are some good civie jobs to look into as an 11b and when your contract is up
>>
>>34001590
it's copypasta from a reddit post from 4 years ago.
>>
>>34001565
see
>>34001615
same shit. the only difference is you might get a clinic rotation.
>>
>>34001630
Thanks m8
>>
>>34001617
>leo
>security
pretty much it brosef. all the bravos and charlies i knew that got out either went back to their old jobs or went to school to do something different.
>>
>>34001565

>Then every other year or so you may deploy and you will remember why you wanted to be Infantry.

This ain't 2008 m8. You'll be lucky to see one deployment in an entire four year contract right now.
>>
>>34001603
No anon, you are not intelligent since you have a fucking felony, you retard. The good news is that you sound like a perfect fit for the enlisted combat arms in the US Army. I've had privates who had felonies before. So your recruiter sounds like he has already made mission with non-shitbags (aka not you). I'd ask him the questions you have about expunging your record, as he should be able to explain himself. Its also possible that he's trying to get you to fuck off.

There is no interview process for upstanding members of society who want to enlist, but since you're a criminal and are of poor moral character, you may have to be interviewed by an officer or some shit in order to be allowed in. But your recruiter will have to have the desire to do this for you. He may not and you will have to go to another office or something.

You can get in, but it really hinges on how interested some junior NCO is in putting in the effort to get you in. But don't be afraid of asking him why or how or any other questions you have about shit. He isn't in charge of you yet.
>>
i always wondered as a Canadian how many hoops would i need to jump through to join the american army?
>>
>>34001617
Use your GI BIll or you'll be loading lumber at Home Depot. Or being a street cop making close to base E-4 pay, but without as nice of benefits.
>>
>>34001603
if this is you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ef4zJEqO8
>kek

>I want to experience the rush of a firefight
good luck finding one nowadays

>I want the experience of being in a warzone just like all the warriors history has ever produced.
you'll never be a warrior. semi skilled labor is a more fitting term.

go talk to a recruiter. tell him up front about the felony.
>>
>>34001690
I dunno

but i hope you feel better about your dog
>>
File: 1494791003762.jpg (35KB, 386x226px) Image search: [Google]
1494791003762.jpg
35KB, 386x226px
>>34001690
Same as any non-citizen. Get a green card. You can also call a recruiting office in the US and ask some questions for more specific answers.

But why not go in the Canadian Army? You leafs have a pretty good military in all honestly. You can also get into the British Army a lot easier than we can I believe. And they have a much better military to be honest. Even if they are small and a cucky country. The British milfags I've met have been very professional, funny, disciplined, good natured and highly proficient soldiers.
>>
>>34001738

hey leave my dog outta this guy
>>
I want to join the military just so I can do PMC work later. Do I actually to have fight sandniggers or can I just sit in a tent my whole enlistment?
>>
File: IMG_4035.jpg (106KB, 500x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4035.jpg
106KB, 500x634px
>>34001745
im revoking ur armerian lixemse anon

your gonna need fo prove thau you really wre a burger now

>>34001756
im sorry i know hes not feeling good

hef this painti g of a wwi gondola
>>
>>34001794
>kys
save us the oxygen
>>
If you're in an Airborne unit during peacetime, do you still do jumps to keep from getting rusty?
>>
File: 1461848280155.png (16KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1461848280155.png
16KB, 746x982px
Parris Island or San Diego?
>>
>>34001794

If you want to join a PMC do IT or something. Seriously. "Former infantry" guys are a dime a dozen and get paid shit to pull gate guard duty as contractors. Unless you go SOF or have a bunch of deployments, nobody is going to employ you as a shooter doing anything interesting. A few technical credentials (IT, intel, medical, whatever) and you'll be rolling in the dough and getting much more fun contracts.
>>
>>34001678
I wouldn't say he's MY recruiter, hes just some guy the army website assigned to call me after I was looking for more information, so is it possible that I could just go into a different recruiting office of a nearby town and hope to find someone more lenient?

Yes, i'm aware there is a interview process for people that require waivers, hence why i mentioned it.

If I find a recruiter who automatically considers someone with a felony a scumbag and doesn't want to give them another try at a career can I just keep hopping recruiter offices until I find someone who has a little sympathy? or is there a limit on this?

thanks for the advice tho.
>>34001694
no thats not me,i'm not a literal ape who would film myself doing a crime. but it was silimar minus the car crashing plus my passanger being the one stealing.

thanks for the advice also tho
>>
>>34001845
You can do whatever you want man. You're still a civilian. The worst they'll do is say no.
>>
>>34001832
i'm pretty sure you don't choose. if you can, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>34001821
yes. you jump at least once every 3 months to keep jump status.
>>
Are the Marines just a glorified Army? What are the benefits of going Marines over Army, other than "bragging rights" and being indoctrinated?
>>
>>34002027
>"bragging rights" and being indoctrinated
yes.

in all seriousness, you might get to be put on a boat which could have it's benefits. there's different posts for the two branches too, and you'll find the marine camps closer to water. like camp lejune is like 45 minutes from the beach and fort bragg is much further into nc. you'll learn different shit in boot than you do in basic, but they're pretty much the same. army tends to have more enlistment bonuses and you can make e-4 pretty easy. the marines kinda have a terminal lance thing, which means it's kinda difficult/uncommon to make corporal (e-4).
>>
>>34001493

I mean in the context of military life.
>>
File: Soldiers2.jpg (635KB, 2460x1552px) Image search: [Google]
Soldiers2.jpg
635KB, 2460x1552px
>>34002027
Honor, get to go full skelly, get to test/push yourself, part of something that is unique and not just one giant "well oiled machine."
No matter what answer you get, it's all subjective.

In the end it's either you're in it or you're not, and that's it.
If you're torn between the Army and Marines, well that's just your tough luck.
Choose and get on with your life.
>>
>>34002027

Depends on your job. My observation is this: if you're going to go in as an infantrymen then you're better off as a Marine, full stop. In terms of actual fighting men the Marines are a cut above the Army. Now if you're going into anything but a line infantry role then my answer flip flops and I'd have to say the Army.
>>
>>34002027
Well if you're lucky you'll get to be the first on the front lines in the event of an officially congress declared war.
>>
>>34002169

No no, that's AFSOC. First There.
>>
>>34002215
Fuck, you're right.
Completely forgot.

Kind of reminds of Jarhead.
>>34002027
In fadt you should read the book and watch that movie.
Paints the "grim" and boring reality of the Marine Corps in modern times.
>>
>>34002132
You talking military wives, or military """women"""
>>
>>34002248

Not the wives, we already know that they're whores.
>>
>>34002261
Some women sleep around, but military women aren't that attractive. Maybe if you're really desperate.
>>
Gonna be Navy
Is having a normal relationship with a woman possible?
>>
>>34002401
>Navy
>Relationship with a woman
lol
>>
>>34002429
That's why I specified

I could just fuck whoever was around, I wouldn't care
But I mean leaving a woman behind for months
Does it happen?
>>
>>34002450
People that join the Navy come out gay usually
>>
>>34002450
It happens.
It all depends on how loyal you are to each other and how much self control you both have.
>>
>>34002450
Usually not to any good result.
>>
>>34002450

For every person who wouldn't try to fuck your girlfriend knowing that she was with you and you were deployed, ten would. For every ten who aren't interesting to her, one would just happen know what to say and how to draw her into a compromising situation. Is your girl an angel? Almost certainly not, even if you think she is.

It almost never works out anon.
>>
>>34002516
Yeah that's what I expect

This is gonna suck
At least I'll have money
>>
>>34002532
i'm in a similar situation. just be prepared to lose her and realize that if you do she wasn't worthwhile in the first place and its a blessing as you'll find a better woman.

prepare for the worse but hope for the best. do as you do and don't let fear of losing a woman keep you from being in the navy if you want it.
>>
What's the cutoff age for Marine enlistment?

I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere...
>>
>>34002565
how old are you and what do you wanna do?
>>
5 days away from my interview.
So psyched. Signing up for (at least) 4 years of F-90 Steyrs, Merc G-Classes and the Shadow 200.

My case manager is happy with my fitness and preparation, my expectations of recruit training are that it will be hell, but when you are going through hell you do not stop moving. First two weeks, I will be treated like less than shit; a wetfart. Halfway through, I'll actually get treated like normal shit. Last few weeks, the Corporals might actually refer to me by a name.

I've stalked this thread previously, as well as other local forums. I'll be keeping this tab open, alongside the /pol/ tab for (((happenings))). It's been an eye opener. Disappointment is having unrealistic expectations. Hearing you and others talk of enlisted life, has given me a good idea of what sort of expectations to form.

Thankyou, /k/.
>>
>>34002704
You can do it bro.
We're all rooting for you.
>>
What are some good tips for Army basic training?
>>
>>34002757
Leg shit, I've heard
I'm on my way to basic too and I've been looking up tips

Cardio, naturally, and leg shit helps. Squats and DLs
>>
>>33999878
Yes I am unironically black.
>>
>>34002757

If you're somewhat physically fit, BCT is just a couple months of Simon Says. Do what you're told, realize that someone is going to screw something up and you'll all have to do pushups, don't take it personally. BCT is literally the easiest part of your entire enlistment, it's all on rails and you can't fail unless you purposely try to buck the system.
>>
>>34002841
I hear that they force you to chug water. Is this true?
>>
>>34002875

Not really. There are hydration breaks where you're expected to drink water because teenage enlistees are fucking stupid and will literally die because they are too dumb to hydrate. You should definitely use this opportunity to drink water, but if you don't it'll just be on you when you pass out and they have to rehydrate you with a catheter in your ass.
>>
>>34002820
Have you ever read the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?
In one of the books, the protagonist learns to fly by falling and getting distracted. So he misses the Earth and begins to fly instead

Swimming is much the same
It's floating and forgetting that you're in water.

If you spread your arms and do nothing, you will float mostly.
If you wiggle a bit you'll go up
People have trouble swimming because they panic and cause their center of gravity to fall forward and immerse their heads

If you don't do anything, you float.
Then to swim you just pretend you have to grab and pull shit to go forward
>>
>>34002897
Is it true that if you pass out a medic will shove a temperature probe up your ass to see if you hot heatstroke?
>>
>>34002875

>force you to chug water

As opposed to your high school football coach who assured you that needing to drink water during practice was "weakness"? Drink water when you need it, don't internalize the dumbass attitudes of stupid people.
>>
>>34002757
>>34002807
don't volunteer for anything. taking notes is crucial to staying awake during the death by power point. don't listen to all the dumb shit rumors. don't take responsibility for anyone who is a fuck up. when they "smoke" you, it's not because someone fucked up. they wanted to smoke you that day, so they found something to blame for "mass punishment corrective training." and actually push yourself. if you are half assing pt or the daily sessions of pushups, you're only hurting yourself.
>>
>>34002925
yes. i have given the silver bullet to many a joe. including nco's.
>>
>>34002974
Oh fuck
I'm not ready for that shit

My asshole is a fucking Sarlaac pit
It's a god damned tentacular haemorrhoid hole guarded by a dense jungle.
Those niggers gonna think I'm a freak
>>
>>34002974
Are you 68W? How do you like it?
>>
File: medic patch.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
medic patch.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>34003019
>asshole is a fucking Sarlaac pit
you are not as snowflake as you think. trust me, i speak from experience.
>>34003053
>was
i had an alight run, and it's pretty enjoyable. i'd recommend it for people that want to get into the medical field. it opens doors for army medical. i got out because i want to do something different.
>>
>>34003114
>you are not as snowflake as you think. trust me, i speak from experience.
That honestly reassures me
The only experience of my asshole is by touch and god damn does it feel like a topographical map of the fjords of Norway.

I'm glad you medic fags don't give a shit. I've blown my O-Ring a few times and I'm afraid that it'll be obvious that my shitter has been through some serious shit
>>
>>34003158
>I'm glad you medic fags don't give a shit
if that's a pun go fuck yourself.
>>
>>34003169
Do y'all ever get probes with shit all over it?
I mean it has to happen, right?
>>
File: 1468279975568.png (738KB, 646x437px) Image search: [Google]
1468279975568.png
738KB, 646x437px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64

>tfw it hits you that you just signed up for the military
>>
>>34003407
I've been in the chute for a year now
That hit me months ago and then it was just jerking off and waiting for the phone to ring
>>
if i go to a army recruiter and ask a few basic questions about joining aswell as disscuss some matters and maybe ask to take a practice asvab they won't piss test me randomly right?
>>
>>34003538
what
no
>>
>>34003538
Usually they have labs at the recruiting office so they'll take a hair sample from you prior to you asking questions in order to weed out the desirables. Hair samples can go back to the last 90 days of drug activity. I hope you haven't been smoking the devil's lettuce son.
>>
I'm 32 and considering enlisting in the Army. I know I know. After getting my college degree and trying to work with that, I found I am not passionate about it any longer. I always wanted to serve deep down and now I want to take advantage before I'm too old and regret not doing it.

I talked to a recruiter and they gave me a run down of MOS with enlistment bonuses. These are the ones I'm interested in. Any advice? Also, looking to pick something that would help with with a civilian job in the future.

12N Horizontal Construction Engineer
35G Geospatial Intelligence Imagery Analyst
68R Veterinary Food Inspection Specialist
94E Radio and Communications Security (COMSEC) Repairer
>>
>>34003637
35G will have you end up with a Top Secret clearance, perhaps even TS/SCI depending on how long you stay in from what I've heard. Government contractors love security clearances.
>>
>>34003538
you can take a practice asvab online. the one they have at the recruiting station is not special.

they might make you piss if they are about to make your meps appointment. they literally will ask you if you can pass it before they ask you to piss in a cup.

they don't take hair samples so don't worry about that.
>>
>>34003705
I'm a bit afraid of getting security clearances due to my past. I was arrested a few times (no convictions ever) and some less than desirable things in my past will show up. I was in to drugs, sang in a hardcore band, shady friends, was very vocal about 9/11 conspiracies and corruption in the govt, and avoided taxes for years... but I'm trying to pay up on that one now.
>>
>>34003753
Well I don't know what to tell you now. All I can say is if you're going to pick a job that requires a clearance then just be up front and honest. Do not hide that shit, do not lie about your past. Because lying will fuck you seeing as you have a record.
>>
>>34003637
I'm not American
But where's the generic shit?
Like Signals or Intel or what have you

You clearly have a science degree of some kind
This janitor type shit seems beneath you
>>
>>34003637
>12N
you build fobs, and you work on ranges out in the training area. on big time training events, you set up the flight line for the c130 to bring in supplies for the bsb. best for any heavy equipment jobs outside of the military.
>35g
you work in the s shops. you probably will be safe in the bdoc on deployment. you will basically be a map reader. best for geological surveys outside of the military.
>68r
you're a vet tech. pretty much explains itself. also probably the dullest of your choices.
>94e
you work on broken radios and radio equipment that can't hold a fill. you will probably be bouncing around going from fob to fob on a deployment repairing com gear and checking comsec. you probably will be able to get a job in cisco or related outside of the military.
>>
>>34003803
>MOS with enlistment bonuses
i think that's why there's no generic shit.
>>
>>34003794
If they can let 10 year old arrests go and ignore my old band photos when they google my name, maybe I'll be okay.

>>34003803
There's plenty of generic shit, but I was specifically looking for MOS with decent enlistment bonuses.
>Yes I understand its paid out incrementally.

Close, a medical degree.

>>34003808
THANK YOU.

Question, with a 68R, would I be in direct contact with animals, and if so, what kind of animals? Dogs I assume.
>>
File: 1420506403582.png (597KB, 1935x773px) Image search: [Google]
1420506403582.png
597KB, 1935x773px
Is it true that the FFL accepts almost anyone with prior military service? I'd be about 27 when I get out.
>>
>>34003869
>68r
i totally fucked that one up. i thought 68r was vet tech. 68t is vet tech. vet tech does work with animals though. i briefly knew a vet tech when i was in. he mainly worked with the pets on post, but his priority was the mp's dogs.

i don't know much about 68r though. from what i can gather, they're pretty much a health code inspector. i've heard about these dudes but never met nor had to deal with one. occasionally they go unit to unit and inspect mre storage and shit like that.
>>
>>34003925
the ffl accepts pretty much anyone period. i think if you can prove your prior experience, they might like you more.
>>
What's DEP like? Does it depend on your recruiter?
>>
>>34003992
>DEP
you do pt occasionally. pretty much it. i said fuck it after i signed my paperwork and never went. mainly due to the fact that i was always working when my recruiting office did pt. my recruiter called me up one day and gave me a bunch of shit about coming in or he was going to cancel my contract. that was the only time i went to the recruiting office in between meps visits.
>>
>>34002916
That's....not inaccurate.
>>
File: 1392592254501.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1392592254501.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>RE-3E from navy
>baker act five years ago
>clean mental bill of health from shrink two years ago

Chances of getting into National Gaurd?
>>
File: 1493847660577.jpg (55KB, 744x687px) Image search: [Google]
1493847660577.jpg
55KB, 744x687px
>>34004035
The PT part depends on the size of the recruitment office.

Mine only has two guys working at it, so they obviously won't have DEP do PT outside of the OPAT.
>>
>>34004180
Anyone?
>>
>>34004180
easy. look for a mos that fits your job.
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.