[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guns in Hawaii

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1004.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1004.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So I'm gonna be stationed in Hawaii soon, can anyone here tell me about the shooting scene there? I used to shoot a lot of uspsa and 3gun before I joined the Army but I know Hawaii kinda blows as far as guns go. Any insight? (Pic not related just a gun I don't think I can take.)
>>
>>33580283
>following unconstitutional laws
you seem to be on the wrong board. allow me to redirect you >>>/lgbt/
>>
>>33580283
Non existent. prevalent anti gun culture. whole lot of suspiciously well informed/timed burglaries in light of their registry.

all in all 0/10, would only visit for vacation.
>>
>>33580358
Yeah if I could help it I wouldn't go but it's the Army and my first duty station so I gotta deal with it. Anyone here ever bought a gun in Hawaii? How's that shit go?
>>
>>33580283
If you bring any firearms to Hawaii you will have to stand in line at the main police station and register all of them within a couple days of arrival. You will be forced to pay $42 to be put into a fbi criminal database for monitoring. If you refuse anything, you have to immediately ship your guns out or surrender them.

If you want to buy a shotgun or rifle you have to go to the same station and apply for a permit. If you didnt do the $42 fbi thing before you have to do that and wait 2 weeks to pick it up. Then its good for a year and you can buy unlimited rifles and shotguns. But you have to return to the station when you buy one to register it. After it expires you can keep the guns but if you wanna buy more you have to apply again and wait 2 weeks, but no fee.

For a handgun you have to go to the store and "buy" it. They give you a receipt and info for the gun and then you have to go to the police station and apply for a permit to acquire said gun. Wait 2 weeks and go back to pick up the permit. Then go to the gun store and pick up your handgun. Then go back to the police station to register it. The process is good for only 1 handgun.

There's only 1 outdoor public range (free) on the island which is always crowded and limited to 100 yards.

The ar pistol in your pic is only legal if you permanently attach the magazine.

Non-neutered ars are legal, even with 30 round mags.
Handgun magazines limited to 10 rounds
No cc
No nfa
Illegal to stop anywhere with a firearm in your vehicle unless it is an approved place. (range, gunsmith, home etc.)
>>
>>33580436
Dude wtf
>>
>>33580436
forgot to add you have to find and pay for street parking and the average wait time in line can be anywhere from 15 minutes to and hour.

Also I forgot. If you want to buy a handgun you need to take a firearms safety course by an approved nra instructor including classroom time and range instruction. Even if you are a certified instructor.
>>
>>33580371
>How's that shit go?
It doesn't
>>
>>33580436
>Illegal to stop anywhere with a firearm in your vehicle unless it is an approved place. (range, gunsmith, home etc.)
Time to start blowing stop signs.
>>
>>33580436
>No cc
>No nfa
>Illegal to stop anywhere with a firearm in your vehicle unless it is an approved place. (range, gunsmith, home etc.)
ABSOLUTELY
UNCONSTITUTIONAL

I wish a fucking Scotia case would get ruled on making only shall issue or better the law of the land.

KEEP
AND
BEAR
>>
>>33580436
Well fuck thanks for the info shit that blows and since I'm living on base I'm guessing there is another registration process for that. I'm not sure if I'm better off taking a few guns with me or buying a couple there. I'm stuck at that station for three years since I'm married so yeah that blows.
>>
Fuck Yo self nigger
>>
>>33580577
Two similiar incidents.

>guy goes to range
>leaves and goes to mall
>locks car and guns in back
>comes back to car
>someone broke in and stole guns
>calls police
>police come, investigate
>owner arrest for admitting to having his guns in a non-approved place
>>
>>33580283
Ah Hawaii, or as I like to call it 'secret California'
Honestly OP this place is absolutely terrible.
>>
>>33580648
if you're gonna bring some you may as well buy too if your gonna be put into the fbi database. Gun sales have dropped significantly since it went into effect a few months ago. Most people have stopped buying since they dont want to be put into it. Oh and I forgot, if you do apply police take your fingerprints, photo etc. just like a criminal.
>>
>>33580648
Also if it helps, if you like a non-humid summer year round and mountain/waterfall hiking, that helps.
>>
Maybe I should take up black powder shooting? Fuck this is gonna suck
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.