[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I learn Krav Maga? I live in a nocarry country.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 12

File: Conan_kick.jpg (33KB, 402x603px) Image search: [Google]
Conan_kick.jpg
33KB, 402x603px
Should I learn Krav Maga? I live in a nocarry country.
>>
No, you should learn Krav Maga and then still carry.
>>
>>33405719
i carry a collapsible baton tho. Only firearms are illegal to carry. I've carried a blank firing gun too, most of the muggings are done by drunks that would shit themselves with a (fake) gunshot
>>
>>33405705
That's not Krav Maga. That's a retarded way to block a knife attack.
>>
>>33405705
It's a meme art that's over hyped because "muh israel"

Go to your local gym and git gud there m8. Not much better than that. Also,

>>>/fit/
>>
File: 1475473367150.jpg (26KB, 579x445px) Image search: [Google]
1475473367150.jpg
26KB, 579x445px
>Krav Maga
>>
If you havn't joined the BJJ masterrace your not doing it right.
>>
>>33406084
>BJJ
Blow Job Jews
>>
>>33405794
What is dumb about leading a knife block with your femoral artery?
>>
>>33405705
Learn boxing and hone your art of running away.

>nocarry country
You're already cucked so you may as well work on your wife tripping and running away skills.
>>
>Krav Maga
>the meme martial art
>kikery
No.
Learn Muay Thai if you absolutely have to learn a martial art.
>>
>>33405705
>Let's demonstrate improbable scenarios where you get to look like a jackass

Someone with a knife and determination is going to stab the fuck out of you at least once or several times. Knife fights are just messy.
>>
>>33406125
>>33406084
>durr Krav Maga is a meme learn this dumb meme martial art with even less practical application instead.
Literally ANY martial art that emphasizes full-contact sparring is gonna have the same general benefits to your overall ability to defend yourself.
I've watched Tae Kwon Do practitioners beat the fuck out of people who bragged up their BJJ and Muay Thai credentials and I've watched people with literally no formal training absolutely destroy people who I know have multiple black belts.
The experience of squaring up with someone, throwing and taking punches and actively wrestling with them is the only valuable thing you're gonna take from it. In a legitimate self-defense situation 95% of the formal technique shit goes out the window and what actually wins is (in this order) aggression, speed, strength, and whatever muscle memory you retain through massive waves of adrenaline. I've never seen a real fight last longer than a minute and even then I've seen multiple people get sent to intensive care.
Find something that lets you fight people full-speed. Find something that teaches you to grapple. Getting emotionally attached to any single style is anime bullshit.
>t. multiple black belts and years in various competitive sports as well as years of drunken street fighting for fun
The two have very little overlap.
>>
>>33405813
training > muscles
>>
>>33406277 here
>>33405705
Also OP if someone pulls a knife on you do not EVER do what's pictured in your post.
If someone comes at you with a knife fucking run.
You know what they say about knife fights?
>The loser dies in the street
>The winner dies in the hospital
>>
>>33406277
I agree with everything you just said but Krav Maga is still a meme martial art and I actively discourage anyone to learn it.
I reccomended Muay Thai because it's the most agressive one I personally know and in my experience it's impossible to find a Tae Kwon Do instructor who teaches the art instead of the point sport, I just got lucky and found a good one who knocked me on my ass if I kicked too high.
Personally I have formal training in Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, and a local Kung Fu class.
I'm not emotionally attached to these styles I was recommending Muay Thai to OP as an alternative and more aggressive style that I feel would serve him better than the kike meme art
>>
>>33405705
Learn Krav Maga, but don't assume it is the best thing ever, learn a bunch of shit.
>>
File: cIzr67t.gif (4MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
cIzr67t.gif
4MB, 384x288px
>>33405705
absolutely
>>
>>33406396
>muay thai
>more aggressive than krav maga
Almost everything in krav ends with you closing distance and fucking erasing your attacker. Muay thai is a sport, krav is not
>>
File: engarde fuckboy.png (33KB, 771x551px) Image search: [Google]
engarde fuckboy.png
33KB, 771x551px
>>33406433
the main principle of muay thai is literally grapple your enemy and ram your knee, elbow, or forehead in their face until they stop moving
>>
Krav Maga is meme tier.
>>
>>33406433
>>33406396
>>33406277 here
My argument is that it literally doesn't matter as long as full-contact sparring is emphasized.
The issue I have with most Krav Maga trainers I've seen is that it's far more focused on drills than actually practicing full-speed, full-contact fighting.

A martial art doesn't teach you aggression. You're either agressive or you aren't. What a martial art can teach you is what it feels like to hit, to get hit, and to actually fight against another person's full strength, and in doing so turn down the panicked response to getting attacked or at least allow some semblance of instinct to take over. If it doesn't teach you that it's useless.
>>
>>33406422
truly the ultimate martial art
>>
>>33406433
>fucking erasing your attacker.
Summer's over.

>>33405705
Just do BJJ/Judo and Boxing/Muay Thai. You'll get frequent sparring and with the wealth of information online, it's a lot easier to find a decent MMA or Boxing gym than it is to find a proper Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, or Krav Maga gym.

I'll say this though, my friend who did Krav Maga can punch pretty damn hard, but is incredibly deficient in any kind of clinch or ground skills.
>>
File: krabmaga.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
krabmaga.webm
3MB, 640x360px
sure
>>
>2017
>people still un-ironically believe their LARPING arts will save them

Holy shit. Just take up something proven like boxing, judo, Muay thai, etc
>>
The boxing/wrestling combo is GOAT but it can be hard to find wrestling instruction unless you're a college wrestler. Conditioning for both can be absolutely brutal

BJJ obviously has the best ground fighting but can be somewhat hit or miss depending on how sports-oriented it is and how much the gym is willing to focus on takedowns. It's also very fun and low-impact and gets you started rolling right away, plus most gyms do both gi and no-gi. The least physically demanding martial art.

Muay Thai is great, and lots of fun, and one of the most physically demanding martial arts so it'll harden you the fuck up, just watch out because a lot of gyms are more focused on the conditioning aspect than on contact sparring. Also, clinch fighting ftw

Judo seems pretty good but is usually oriented towards the Olympic sport which has some wonky rules. Also not very physically demanding. Also I cracked a rib doing it so watch out for that I guess, lol

Any other martial art I'd be pretty skeptical about. If they don't do contact sparring with the goal of pinning, throwing, submitting, or knocking out an opponent, they're probably trash, so be skeptical of anything that seems like a mcdojo or any instructor that doesn't have competitive experience.

Really, it doesn't matter what martial art you choose, the quality of instruction and attitude of the people at the gym itself are far more important. It doesn't matter if it smells like sweat, has torn up mats and heavy bags held together with duct tape (in fact these are usually good things), if it has experienced coaches/instructors and fighters that are respectful, willing to share experience, and treat you as part of a team you've found a good place.

Oh and this is for the US obviously, I don't know shit about other countries.

fuck this was way longer than I expected
>>
>>33405705
You should learn something more practical, like fisticuffs and katana.
>>
>>33406396
Your argument stems from the amount of mcdojos in Clapistan, so I'll forgive you. Krav Maga is essentially a fuckton of different martial arts melded together, the kikes took what worked and discarded the rest, so you'd be hard pressed to come up with proper arguments as to why it wouldn't work.

>>33406841
>Judo
>not very physically demanding.
What are you smoking, nigger? Also judo is better than hue hugging since the focus is on trying to keep your balance. The ground is the last place where you want to find yourself in a real situation.
>>
>>33406841

Judo not physically demanding? I get way more tired there than in my Muay Thai gym
>>
File: 1487878954089.jpg (139KB, 950x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487878954089.jpg
139KB, 950x960px
>>33405705
Just learn Judo. It's cheaper and has more opportunities to compete.
>>
>>33406107
this if they cut the artery you just use your blood like one of thos hornytoads and squirt your blood into there eyes
>>
>>33407391
>competing in martial art sports
I bet you like shooting clay pigeons out of the air too you prancing lala homo man
>>
File: Damn_868dad_6214544.jpg (105KB, 844x960px) Image search: [Google]
Damn_868dad_6214544.jpg
105KB, 844x960px
>>33407312

That's the problem with Krav Maga, they teach a shitty muay thai clinch, teach shitty versions of kicks and punches from other good arts, teach shitty grappling from other arts, etc.

Krav Maga instructors are not BJJ/Judo blackbelts, nor boxers, nor collegiate wrestlers, nor kickboxers or Muay Thai fighters.

Yet they all teach you moves from those arts. Moves that "work", but what that really means is they teach you the most basic moves, basic moves they aren't even doing 100% right.

I'm not saying Krav is completely useless, but you're way better off learning a striking and separate grappling art.

For instance I've been into Martial arts my whole life, most of it spent kickboxing and judo. I met a guy at college who did Krav and during a friendly sparring sessions he didn't even have a basic understanding of the most simple and basic osoto-gari.

Nor did he have any head movement whatsoever.

Krav Maga definitely might give someone a quick rundown on what to expect in the street but it's not something I suggest people spend their life training in.
>>
>>33407412

Not him but you're pretty stupid if you think you could beat an MMA fighter in a street fight because you did a little Krav Maga or some military combatives.

Which in reality is the real culprit of LARPING.

Seriously, go to a MMA gym and have a light sparring session. Let me know the newfound respect you have for it.

Sure I carry a gun as I'm sure you do, and gun generally trumps everything else, but I'm under the impression you're one of those guys who thinks he could beat up anyone on the street.
>>
>>33406530
This guy gets it.

Theory is shit without practice!

Whatever style you choose you need to contact spar to really learn anything.

>Sauce.
>Ten years of shootfighting, jiu jitsu, kendo, and tae Kwon do.
>>
>WHAT STYLE GUYS WHAT STYLE I NEED A STYLE
When will you faggots stop with this bullshit? The style is called hit the other guy until he isn't a threat by any means possible, if and only if you don't have a chance to escape or use a weapon.
>>
>>33407507
I actually would bet on an MMA fighter over a Krav Maga memer desu
I did some MMA in the past and I do have respect for it, grappling is effective after all.
And nope, I'm not blessed with anime tier fighting talent, I could probably take out a larger opponent if I took him by surprise but in a straight clean fight I'm under 6 foot and I'm in the featherweight class. So yeah I'd prefer gun over h2h.
I was honestly referring to the point competition sports, like tae kwon do, unless you get a good teacher don't try to learn tae kwon do, I've seen schools that teach you to kick as high as the head, that's all well and good as a stretching exercise but why the fuck would you teach it as self defence baffles me.
MMA is something I would count as the exception to the rule but I wouldn't try it on someone with a knife, for that I'd probably recommend backing off because fuck going into h2h against an armed opponent
>>
File: 1490141775416.jpg (89KB, 510x708px) Image search: [Google]
1490141775416.jpg
89KB, 510x708px
>>33406530
>>33407518

This is why I'm a huge fan of competition with martial arts like muay thai and MMA for example. Grappling too, but to a lesser extent.

When you compete in mma or a striking art, the threat of being knocked out and horribly injured, half naked in front of a drunk, stupid, violent hungry audience creates an incredible sense of adrenaline and anxiety, and once this becomes the norm, you'd be better off handling a situation on the street with a clearer mind and less tunnel vision.

I'd go as far as to say some of this would and could translate into defensive gun use
>>
>>33407537

The whole point of martial arts is for the following reason you clearly haven't considered.

If the guy is bigger and more physically talented than you, and all you go for is hitting him like a maniac as you suggested, and he responds the same way, statistically you're gonna get fucked up.

But with martial knowledge, you'd use your skill to overcome your much stronger/faster opponent.
>>
>>33407476

They don't teach clinching at all, because it's retarded.
>shitty versions
No, you're being stupid. They took the parts that work and left the shitty ones.
>Krav Maga instructors are not BJJ/Judo blackbelts, nor boxers, nor collegiate wrestlers, nor kickboxers or Muay Thai fighters.
No, they don't have to be. Also our head maga coach also teaches MT.
>basic moves they aren't even doing 100% right.
Now you're reaching full retard. How well the techniques are taught depends on the teacher.
>I'm not saying Krav is completely useless, but you're way better off learning a striking and separate grappling art.
Learning a grappling and striking art is good advice, I give you that. You should learn those on top of KM.
>For instance I've been into Martial arts my whole life, most of it spent kickboxing and judo. I met a guy at college who did Krav and during a friendly sparring sessions he didn't even have a basic understanding of the most simple and basic osoto-gari.
I don't remember if my krav coaches ever taught me osotogari, but I recall them doing ogoshi, and they did have the correct technique there.

Krav Maga is 90% scenario training. It's a lot simpler to get good at MT, because KM has way more techniques and things to take into consideration.
>>
>>33405705
when i was a eurofag i trained krav for a year and a half, and had to register my hands. to be honest, i quit because of the extremity of the things they taught, and i did not feel it was a "self defense" type of martial art. taught by legit kikes that popped jawas, cant remember the names didnt care.
sounds gay, knowing i carry a gun daily for the past few yrs, but there was no proportional response in the type of krav I was taught. literally anything else isnt as "try hard" as krav which tries to show its the most hXc, and they were teaching shit like smashing faces into knees full force, followed by a downward elbow strike to the back of the head. (we practiced until it came naturally)
not to mention anything else was a kick to the nuts.
im sure some edgy high school kid gonna think its super cool, and the best thing ever, but have fun defending yourself in court for severing someones spine for throwing a drunken punch at a bar, when you could've just knocked them out and left.
>>
>>33407580

You're kinda right for the most part. I see Martial Arts as a last line of defense.

If my gun fails, and my knife doesn't flip open, id use my grappling to try to defend myself if running is not an option.

After all, unarmed Marines tackled and disarmed some terrorists in France.

And then there's this video.
The title is obvious bullshit. Anyone looking can tell the kid knows grappling.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_OqhNXPZ5s
>>
>>33407633
>clinching is retarded
what the fuck? clinching is an essential part of literally every fighting style, do you even know what a clinch is?
>>
File: 1489798791041.gif (2MB, 461x259px) Image search: [Google]
1489798791041.gif
2MB, 461x259px
>>33407633

How the fuck would you know if they even had the correct techniques for what they were teaching you? Are you also a Judoka? Don't lie now... I don't think you're one because you called clinching "retarded".

You're more likely to end a fight quickly with a head first trip to the pavement of whoever you're fighting as opposed to hitting him in the nuts or biting his ear.

And clinching stupid in a fight? Are you retarded? It happens whether you like it or not. I'm not advocating going for the clinch but ending up in one is extremely likely and should be extensively trained.

Not to mention you're also likely to go for it yourself if you get clocked with a good punch or attacked suddenly.
>>
>>33407735

He obviously doesnt. He thinks his Krav Maga teacher can teach the "moves that work" from other arts.

Even though those other arts require years and extensive practice learning plenty of basics before they can even do those "moves that work" properly.
>>
>>33407642

Trust me you're not killing anyone from a few downward elbows or full force knees to the face.

MMA fighters who train this shit 6 hours a day for a living and are full of steroids have landed illegal blows like the ones you mentioned plenty of times and no one has even come CLOSE to dying in the history of the sport from a strike like those.

You, or you Jewish kike teachers stealing your money, have very little to worry about when it comes to "accidentally" killing someone.

Most accidental deaths in street fights occur from repeated blows to the head of attackers who are already knocked out, immobile and incapacitated. Resulting in serious brain damage, coma, and death.

If you stop hitting then the moment they go limp or give up, chances you'll kill one accidentally are almost non-existent unless they guy had some pre-existing heart or brain condition.
>>
>>33407830
i agree individually none of those are killing blows, but what they stressed was some gay shit called "hyper violence" where there is no reassessment of the fight or conditions, just continue to attack until the guy is on the floor, once he's on the floor we were taught 1-2 solid kicks to the head and then to reassess for additional fighters, though we did train 3 or 4 on 1. i dont feel those were realistic, however it wasn't like the one by one kinda fights, you could easily be cornered.

again, i felt like the sum of what I had been taught was every dirty trick in the book combined with excessive violence for the sake of krav maga neckbeard glory. a lot of the other stuff was pretty good for reflexes and self awareness, but none of which was PRACTICAL.

the best analogy i could give is going to a firearm training course where you're fully kitted up in plates, chest rig, AR, and multicam. It's fun, good practice, but it isn't practical at all when you need to train with a pistol, a spare mag at most and flip flops
>>
I do Brazilian jiu jitsu and box one a week for striking. Both are realible, proven fighting styles.

I knew a krav maga instructor in the military, when we did combatives he got pretty fucked up by me and another guy that have been doing bjj together for a couple years.

It looks neat and theories behind it seem solid but krav maga didn't seem practical.

I've only met one other person that did krav maga though and there's a possibility they both just sucked dick at it.

Bjj is what does it for me. Everyone is super laid back, cool, friendly, and encouraging each other. There's a guy at my bjj gym that's been going for about six months and lost something like 40lbs from being at around 5'6 265. No one ever put him down, ridiculed him, and we all just kept being positive and encouraging him to keep coming. I'm just ranting now, but yeah bjj.
>>
>>33406289
>training > muscles

Yes, to a certain extent.

There is absolutely no downside to complementing skill training with conditioning (that also involves skill training).

Every single competitive combat athlete and every single successful combat sport program has lifting and "cardio" conditioning in their overall programs.
>>
>>33407407
Even more effective than pocket sand. Especially if you contract tactical AIDS beforehand.
>>
>>33406433
>Almost everything in krav ends with you closing distance and fucking erasing your attacker.

With highly improbable fine motor movements that aren't actually trained against a resisting opponent.

>Muay thai is a sport, krav is not

Please enlighten us, what is the difference between a striking system that is tested in a ring and a self defense system that isn't tested and somehow "reality based"?

Because success in actual fights doesn't seem to be that difference.

Do yourself a huge favor before you get in a fight or have to defend yourself and you get yourself killed with your strip mall Krab Rangoo classes and go to a local boxing, kickboxing, MMA, Judo, BJJ etc. gym and learn how to actually fight.
>>
>>33406841
>Also not very physically demanding.

You can't be serious. Speaking as a wrestler getting used to both wearing a gi and grip fighting a gi was hard as fuck. Not just skill but conditioning as well.
>>
>>33407312
>so you'd be hard pressed to come up with proper arguments as to why it wouldn't work.

I can give you one: people who train Krav Maga don't fight.
>>
>>33407642
>and had to register my hands

lel

Look at this memester. This is a vintage meme my friend, at least Summer of 1988.
>>
>>33405705
No.

Krav Maga is pure bullshido with things that are only incidentally correct; most Krav Maga places put very little emphasis on stress testing techniques
>>
>>33407735
Clinching is retarded when 1) there are +1's around (there always are), 2) your attacker could have a knife or 3) he could have a disease that you can get such as hiv or hepatitis.

Getting close is retarded, so clinching is retarded, mr. martial artist.
>>
>>33407763
>How the fuck would you know if they even had the correct techniques for what they were teaching you? Are you also a Judoka?
Yes.

Clinching is what may happen, so you should train it just as you would train groundwork - so that you can get away fast and not tie yourself in the situation. It's not something you go looking for.

Distance is always your friend.
>>
>>33409756
And that's what I meant by saying you people are used to american mcdojos. Our gym had regular spars with multiple opponents, with different weapons, in different starting positions.

Like I said, how good the art is depends on how good the teacher is.
>>
>>33405794
>that's a retarded way to...

Yep, sounds like krav maga to me.

OP do yourself a favor and learn a combat sport where you'll actually have to practice fighting as part of your training.
>>
>>33405705
Most krav maga classes are shit
Some are pretty good but it depends on the people there and the instructors

As daft as it sounds HEMA is really good for modern self defence, namely the dagger and grappling arts
>>
>>33406277
>people who I know have multiple black belts.
Putting faith in McDojo teachers...
A bjj bb is on average 10 years worth of training to have. a judo one 5 years. Both of them forbidden to under 18 y.o.
Your average karate/tkd/kung-fu bb is 2-3 years of training. See the differences?
Also, a belt is there to keep your throusers from falling for to shut your gi... It won't protect your neck.
>>
File: adhiash.png (369KB, 546x362px) Image search: [Google]
adhiash.png
369KB, 546x362px
>>33411193
Wow, you managed to parse out one of the major points of my post.
>>
You have to understand Krav Maga

Its a system that teaches "moves" which are easy to teach to mass groups of people like military units and police forces so that they can handle average people. Much like MCMAP or Army Combatives. With that being said, most Krav gyms are mcdojos and you'll be hard pressed to find a gym that teaches real krav maga, they exist, but usually only in large cities.

Muay Thai and BJJ are much more streamlined, there are tons of gyms around with plenty of people who know what they're doing.
>>
>>33410462
You can think clinching is retarded all you want until it happens to you.

I was retarded when I was younger and got into plenty of fights at the bars, me getting a rib cracked from a dude kneeing me in the clinch is what got me started on actually learning how to fight.
>>
>>33409234
Agree on the BJJ kinship principle. Great environment for autists to leave their shells and learn valuable skills.

I took up boxing in the Muhrineez, honed it for a few years until I got tired of getting gassed out by the endless stream of 20 year olds.

Cousin then got me into BJJ, where you can train until you're on Medicaid. Great stuff for when the fight inevitably goes to the ground.

Tl;dr: A bit up top, a bit on the bottom. All you need for confidence and safety, assuming you aren't looking for trouble.
>>
>>33411746
You're not reading what I write.

Clinching is what may naturally happen in the course of the fight, it isn't something you train extensively since getting stuck in a clinch is a bad idea.
>>
>>33410470

Distance is not always your friend. And for the sake of the argument let's say it was, it's not always possible and you might have to engage in a clinch and win in it.

And as a matter of fucking FACT. Almost every single self defense situation that involves hand to hand combat involves the clinch.

>two guys trading punches eventually clinch if no one gets knocked out right away (huge possibility)
>Some guy tries to take you down, you will end up clinched if you stuff the takedown
>you hit some guy but he doesn't get knocked out, he will grab out to you and you'll end up in the clinch
>vice versa
>Some guy bum rushes you with a knife you'll end up in a clinch
>you start stabbing someone he'll grab at you like a chimpanzee fighting for his life and you'll end up in a clinch
>any form of close quarters fighting you'll end up in the clinch
>if you pull out your gun and he's close to you, you might end up clinch fighting, life and death for gun control as many police officers do
>alternatively you might have to fend someone off in the clinch position and beat him there before you can comfortably pull out your CCW

Clinching happens even when you have a gun because many times threats won't let themselves be known as threats until they're already within 2 feet from you.

I'm not saying Judo, Sambo or Greco-Roman wrestling is the end all be all of martial arts, far from it. But knowing how to effectively and realistically fight in the clinch is probably the better thing you can do for yourself when it comes to hand to hand combat.

For the record, the Japanese Police Force back in the day held competitions between traditional Japanese Jiu-jitsu (basically everything you'd see in a Krav Maga class) and Judo, there was 13 bouts, whoever won the majority of those would decide what they would teach the police force, Judo won. 12-1.
>>
>>33412302

"2deadly4competion" LARPERS BTFO

JUDO destroyed the JJJ

http://judoinfo.com/saigo/
>>
>>33412081
>yeah you're probably gonna get clinched
>but let's not train how to escape it or take advantage of it because that would be retarded
>>
>>33412302
>>33412339
Regarding this phenomenon, when boxers and MMA fighters go up against each other in MMA matches, boxers tend to win.
>>
>>33412302
what kind of knuckle dragger has hands that rest like a fucking gorrillas.

>look at his right hand.
>>
>>33405705
Learn MAGA, and then you'll be able to carry.
>>
>>33412419

No they don't. It's an MMA fighter focused on boxing vs an MMA fighter focused on another art.

You seriously think they just throw a boxer in there? You think McGregor just stepped in there from some shit house boxing gym and starter wrecking fools?

He's been doing wrestling and BJJ for years. He's an mma fighter with good boxing.
>>
>>33412412
Are you shitposting or is there something wrong with your reading comprehension?
>>
>>33412501
Not him but you're the one who can't comprehend, that clinching is one of the most naturally occurring things that happen in self defense situations.

For that reason one should train EXTENSIVELY in the clinch and master it because it's a very dynamic position where many things can happen.

Getting out of a clinch is not that easy, whatsoever. You can't just train three takedowns, and drill them every once in a while, and expect to handle yourself properly in a clinch.

You have to be a competent practicioner, at least, if you want to reliably escape from the clinch, or beat your opponent in it.
>>
>>33412302
>Distance is not always your friend.
Unless firearms are involved, it almost always is.

Yes, I acknowledge that sometimes it's necessary to clinch and win in it. The chances of that happening are so low that you shouldn't prioritise it too much.

The correct response to most your greentext scenarios is to separate and get some distance between you. The reasoning being, if you're tied down you can't prevent anyone from shiving you in the back while you're kneeing your opponent to submission.

I love Judo too, anon. I've also done my share of BJJ, MT and TKD. I have nothing against any of the arts. Some are more practical than others, but none of them approach self-defense from a point of pure practicality like Maga does.

Also you have to keep in mind that LEOs have to employ more 'soft' techniques than civillians in a self-defense scenario, and Judo is perfect for that.
>>
>>33412558

How will you separate if you're not good at the clinch? Sure eventually one could, but to do it as fast and as gracefully as possible you have to be well versed in the clinch.
>>
>>33412607
With liberal application of slaps to the groin.
>>
>>33412558

You also have to understand, the competiton between the Judoka and a the "2deadly4eventhestreetsnow" LARPERS was under everything goes rules.

The Judoka still won. The only reason Judo was adopted by the Japanese Police Force was because they overwhelmingly won. That's why they held the competition IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The police didn't know didly squat of what they wanted or needed. Just so happened that Judo destroyed the LARPERS because it has infinitely more focus on actual basics of combat, not Jason Bourne action movie moves that work on actors and compliant attackers
>>
>>33412626
How the fuck are you going to do that when your opponent has double underhooks?

This is the kind of shit you're not thinking about because you don't train.
>>
>>33412626

If he's pressed up against you, how will hit his groin? If he's controlling you in an over and under, the most common neutral clinch position, you won't be able to reach or hit his groin with any power. What if he starts slamming HIS first into YOUR groin alongside with you? Who'd win then? Whoever can take better shots to the groin? What if, while you're applying your groin slapping technique based on pain, this guy starts punching at your head and Knocks you out from the clinch?

Life's not a movie and in reality the groin isn't half as vulnerable as you think. I can show you two instances of street fights involving cringe inducing groin shots that didn't even make either guy flinch.

Groin shots are pain compliant technique. If the guy can handle pain, further helped by adrenaline, willpower, or drugs, what then? Now you're just a woman basically.
>>
>>33412653
Lol I literally just told him that. I even told him that from a neutral over and under it would still be incredibly hard.
>>
>>33412653
Double underhooking puts you in a perfect position to deliver slaps to the groin. You defend the head from being kneed and hit as much as you can until you have some distance.
>>
>>33412677
How likely is it to be fighting a profecient MMA fighter who's also high on drugs? Most street fights are simple braws with no technique involved whatsoever.

>lol dude what if he has your lapel and wrist and throws you with a flawless uchimata and then stomps your head while you're on the ground?

You seem to be under the false assumption that street scum know what they're doing. Krav Maga is not designed to work against profecient people; how could it? It has to take way more things into consideration in training and teach a lot more techniques, so why exactly are you expecting it to perform as well as judo in 1v1?

Besides, if you get grappled by a proficient fighter you're fucked regardless if you're better than him since dealing with him alone will take so much time that his friends are free to stab you in the back while you work your guard passes.
>>
>>33412813
>you seem to be under the assumption that street scum know what they're doing

That's an incredibly stupid and dangerous mindset from a self defense perspective. I work on merchant ships, half of my ship mates have criminal records, some used to run with gangs. Most street scum don't know what they're doing, but a lot of them grew up boxing in the city. Many wrestled in high school. Many even have MMA experience since that's now growing in popularity.

Never train for the best case scenario, you'll get yourself fucked up.
>>
>>33412750
>being double underhooked puts you in perfect position to hit the groin

You've literally never grappled in your life.
>>
>>33412873
Oh so that's what double underhooking is. You mean it's a hug.

You grab his face and shove fingers into his eyes until you can create distance.
>>
>>33412923
>doesn't even know what an underhook is
>thinks he's going to eye poke his way out of the clinch

lol ok

https://youtu.be/R7qImIKom10
>>
>>33412857
There are no right answers, either you can dedicate all your time towards getting good at 1v1 which lets you deal with that pesky underhook grappler guy and get fucked with his friends, or you can dedicate all your time to getting better at mobility, dealing with weapons and direct responses to certain attacks and get fucked by that one pesky underhook grappler guy.

It's a philosophy of dealing with the most likely attacks. Why would you waste valuable time teaching people how to deal with the martial artist when it's so unlikely that you'll ever have to defend against one on the streets? All arts are guilty of it to varying degrees; why waste valuable time to deal with hidari attacks and grips when 80% of people are right-handed? Of course you go over the basics, but unless you get lucky and can regularly randori with a leftie, you'll probably struggle a lot against a leftie who trains against righties all the time.

You know anon, I actually agree with you. If you can manage it, you absolutely should pick up a pure striking and grappling art, and of course you should cover all the bases and not just the most likely ones, but unless you're a rich NEET with extra time to spare, you'll have trouble finding free spots in your schedule. And that's the real issue here.
>>
>>33412974
So your argument is that you should get on the ground, lose all your mobility, just to eliminate the chance of someone gouging your eyes?

What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>33409725
Lifting to compliment a martial art is a good idea. Foregoing training and only lifting is retarded if your goal is self defense without a firearm.
>>
>>33413001
>why would you want to get good at something when you can be bad at everything!

For the record street commando, you openly admit your worse off than combat sports at beating one guy, but you somehow think you're better at fighting two? Get fucking real. You don't know shit and you're training sucks.
>>
>>33413020
>ignoring the very fucking begining that shows how you can eye gouge while in an over under clinch standing
>intentionally being dense to avoid argument

Are you a woman? The point of the video was that you can't escape a dominant grappling position with eye gouging which was what YOU were trying to say here >>33412923

Faggot
>>
>>33413047
Do they teach you how to deal with knives, bats and firearms at your MMA school? The more time you dedicate to something that is not pure unarmed 1v1, the worse off you'll be at 1v1. Is this something that you can understand? If not, then you'll unfortunately have to wait for me to get home so I can draw you a picture in paint.
>>
>>33413075
You can't eye gouge in every situation, but you can eye gouge when you're hugged from the front, which is what your double underhook is.
>>
>>33413100
On occasion yes, when I was training judo through kata and in my mma school through self defense seminars with our instructor who has both trained the Brazilian police in the past and fought professionally which is a lot different from your camo pant wearing LARPer bullshit.

But hey, you don't even know how to deal with an underhook (or literally any clinch fighting for that matter) I'm sure you'd do just fine against someone trying to stab you to death.
>>
>>33413112
The video shows why you can't in the very first fucking scene. Again, it's really obvious you've never grappled in your life.

I really wish you LARPer faggots would fuck off. The only reason I'm even keeping up this gay argument is so other people don't buy the shit your selling and go train something that's not going to teach them to adequately protect themselves.
>>
>>33405705
No, learn Brazilian Ju-Jitsu. Krav is a meme
>>
>>33413147
I saw a choreographed scene with enough distance between the hips for a car. Where were the knees?

I've grappled for 6 years now, and you'll forgive me for not knowing every technique in English.

>>33413131
>On occasion yes
You think 'on occasion' will cut it when someone is seriously trying to shank you?

You can attack me personally if it makes you feel better, faggot.
>>
>>33413112
>You can't eye gouge in every situation

>inb4 Leddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/martialarts/comments/600h0c/myths_you_want_to_dispel/df4k0tu/?context=3

At this link you will find a post compiling multiple videos of "dirty tricks", including eye gouging, failing to do anything effective in a grappling situation in real fights.

It's time to stop with this eye gouging meme.
>>
>>33413267
>doesn't know what an underhook is, one of the most basic clinch positions
>I'VE BEEN GRAPPLING FOR 6 YEARS

holy shit, lol

>you think on occasion will be enough

Probably not, which is why I plan on using a gun or fucking leaving if someone wants to stab me, but I know my odds are WAY higher than yours because there's only one realistic and effective way to defend against a knife attack, getting two hand control on the weapon arm and keeping it away from his other hand (to prevent him from switching his knife into the other hand). The ideal thing to happen next would something like an armpit lock if they're using a forward grip or an Americana lock with a reverse grip. In reality what's probably going to happen is a prolonged struggle where you better be able to keep your balance and out grapple the shit out of him until you can get control of the knife and/or pin him down. You've demonstrated that your krav Rangoon classes have taught you exactly fucking nothing about grappling, so good luck with whatever your game plan is.
>>
>>33413302
The dirty tricks are a way to create enough distance to deliver a more effective technique. And like I said, you Maga isn't designed to work 1v1, it's mostly scenario training and weapon techniques.

The argument you're making is the same as saying "BJJ is shit in a boxing match".
>>
>>33413378
>The argument you're making is the same as saying "BJJ is shit in a boxing match".

No, it's literally not this. Most of these aren't pro or amateur fights in the ring. Most of these are fights in "the street" or straight up Vale Tudo style challenge matches that include the losing party trying to use dirty tricks like eye gouges, biting, and groin strikes in order to get away from grapplers.

There is no way you can attempt to tap dance around this, this is multiple instances of video evidence of your premise being complete bullshit.
>>
>>33413348
Yeah, 6 years of BJJ and Judo. We also had one day dedicated to wrestling at Maga, if that counts.

Your plan for knife defense seems okay, but don't forget the atemi. You'll have to cause enough damage for him to momentarily forget about wanting to shank you. Then you can disengage and run the fuck away or pull a gun if you have one. I would forget all about trying to lock the arm, because there's nothing saying that he doesn't have a second knife. Or a friend.

You said it yourself, never plan for best case scenario. Always remember the +1.
>>
>>33413431
>six years of bjj, judo and wrestling
>doesn't know what an underhook is

Dude just stop

>giving up two hand control of the weapon arm, even for a second

Asking for death
>>
>>33413481
Did it cross your mind that I might not speak English natively? The terms aren't something we use daily.

Fine, keep the two hands on the knife and enjoy him stabbing you with his left then I guess
>>
>>33413627
If you think you're going to survive a assault with two knives while unarmed you're fucking delusional. You're grasping at straws.

Maybe you don't speak english natively, but you again clearly don't know dick about shit and should fuck off.
>>
>>33413673
Well isn't that a healthy attitude.
>you're not going to survive, so it doesn't matter what you do
Maybe you should consider that you don't actually have all the right answers.
>>
>>33413725
>straw manning

No you retard, it does matter what you do, but trying to grapple with a guy who has two knives is an unwinnable situation. You're options are run, shoot, or die.
>>
>>33413001

>I can't even beat up one guy 1vs1
>but I swear my art is better at being able to beat up multiple opponents
>>
>>33413627

And if we come up for the answer for that you'll just say

>Well now he was a suicide vest he can trigger with his mouth

Truth of the matter is probably no martial art will save you from that idiotic situaiton you just named. So what's your point?

If a guy is coming at me with two knives I'm going to use my gun. And if my gun isn't available or working I will use my push dagger and my boxing training.
>>
>>33413844
>are run
Yeah, that's what I was saying, retard.
>>33414127
>shitposting
>>33414147
>hurf explosives
No. Him having an extra knife or a friend is a reasonable expectation. People don't picn fights they can't win, and you can expect his friends to get involved. What the fuck are you going to do if his friends decide to help while you're working your kimura or americana or whatever other jointlock you can think of?

Are you illitetate or something, I wrote earlier that your best option is to create distance and run or pull a gun if you have one.

It's starting to seem like you're shitposting for the sake of shitposting.
>>
>>33414453
>>shitposting
He's not shitposting, he's bringing up a good point.

If you can't win a fight in the ring/cage against only one person in a controlled environment (as controlled as a fight can be), why do you think you can win against multiple armed opponents?

>Him having an extra knife or a friend is a reasonable expectation.

It's reasonable, but is it likely? Probably not. I'll have to find the source again but there were some Krav Maga guys who looked at just under 200 videos of knife attacks to try and analyze what the average knife attack looked like.

And according to their data (200 is not a terrible sample size)

1. an attacker uses one knife
2. an attacker tries to conceal the knife until within range
3. an attacker tries to use the non weapon hand to create an opening (clinching, grabbing the shirt or lapel etc.)
4. an attacker puts constant forward pressure on the defender
5. it's not uncommon for a defender to lose their footing and hit the ground
6. an attacker will likely alternate angles of the attack (as much as they can given their positioning)

In very few to none of the videos did it appear the person doing the knife attack had two knives (because the off hand is used to create an opening) or a friend.

>People don't picn fights they can't win,

This is absolute bullshit, people pick fights they can't win all the time. There is just a mutual optimism (a fun international relations term) and it turns out that their capability to fight doesn't live up to their optimism about their capability to fight.

>and you can expect his friends to get involved

You should expect but it's not always true.
>>
>>33414453

Look at you getting mad you double digit I.Q. subhuman ape. I literally told you what I'd do. I said I'd shoot him or stab him before I try to slap a Kimura on him

But my Kimura will work infinitely better at stopping a knife attacker than your LARPING nut cracker jew-fu bullshit.

And I'm not saying eye gouging and biting doesn't work, far from it. But you have to have reasonable fighting skills to employ those dirty tactics efficiently as well.

And you're arguing like a kid. I've seen over a hundred live leak videos of knife wielding attackers and neither of them included a guy with two knives on his hand. Possible but extremely unlikely.

And as I said. I'd shoot him, go for my knife, or run before I ever considered engaging him that way. Learn to read, and most importantly, learn to grapple you fucking liar.
>>
>>33417097
Hey buddy, Glad to see someone with some sense in this thread. Usually it's just me beating my head against the wall trying to get these "too deadly" faggots to see some common sense.
>>
>>33417127

Same here man. I have a couple of guesses of why they think what they do. My main theory is that they're lazy people who want to achieve big things without having to work hard for them.

So of course they'll do an art that promises them the ability to beat boxers, grapplers, and mma fighters in the street, an art that also doesn't have sparring or extreme levels of conditioning nor painful, rigorous, and heart breaking competition that sucks away at your ego with a loss.

These
"2deadlytoevencompetebuttrustmeimakiller" arts cater perfectly go these lazy losers with big egos.

What people have FAILED to realize about all these military combatives, is that they're just basic and simple ways to teach millions of men joining the military, how to not be completely useless in h2h, should the incredibly unlikely need for hand to hand combat in a modern battlefield ever happen.

They're more confidence and aggresiveness building exercises than actual ways to beat up people.

Also, for example, if someone joined the Marines, he went through a rigorous process in MEPS, and through a bootcamp, he's most likely a young and fit 20 year old who is physically in better shape than most people.

Teach him to knee some testicles, eye gouge, some simple chokes and punches and kicks and he'll most likely beat up an average out of shape man, or malnutrioned terrorist.

Not really evidence but take it from me. I spent months in the brig after I destroyed some faggot terminal Lance's arm in a fight outside the barracks.

Idiot did a "sucker" takedown if there is such thing, easily stuffed it, he tried to go for my nuts but instead he barely grabbed my dick through my BDUs (which hurt like hell but again, it didn't disable me instantly as he was taught), and I kimurad his arm all the way around. Been my go to sub ever since.

And then there's of course the idiot who actually falls for this bullshit and believes it whole heartedly.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.