[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dog defence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14

File: index.jpg (8KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 234x215px
Hello /k/.

Back story: I moved to a new area and am going to be living here for the considerable future. It is a worse neighborhood than I am used too. I am in Cal. now, was in AZ so I can't carry a firearm around like i did before.

The are a lot of shitty people in the area but I am 6'3" and fairly built so they don't bother me. But these shitty people have shitty dogs like pit-bulls and the like. This would not be a problem but shitty people that have shitty dogs always seem to have shitty fences. I like to go out on runs and walk to get groceries for exercise so I can't keep avoiding these dogs.

How do I best protect myself against feral dogs and pit-bulls? What non-firearm weapons can i use to protect myself?

Thoughts?
>>
>>33387540
>What non-firearm weapons can i use to protect myself?
a bigger better dog, like an Ovcharka
>>
Go out dressed like this
>>
stop being a pussy, if you're that worried strap a knife when you run
>>
File: nigdog.jpg (133KB, 926x1234px) Image search: [Google]
nigdog.jpg
133KB, 926x1234px
>>33387540
Get a gun or knife, faggot.
>>
>>33387540
A trained english or neapolitan mastiff
>>
>>33387585

Do you think a knife would get you out of this situation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYSZvYAmHXY
>>
>>33387638
presumably if you're 6'3" and 'fairly built' then yes
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
i know of only one weapon
>>
>>33387540
stun gun. the high frequency of the crackle scares away most dogs. if you ever actually touch the dog with it, they will never even think about messing with you again. they have to retire police dogs that have been shocked by them.

alternative is pepper spray
>>
>>33387540
carry a hammer
>concealable up your sleeve
>cheap
>unregulated
>will kill a dog/severely fuck up a batch of dindu muffins

if a dog gets out of it's fence/off it's chain and starts pursuing you, it's easier to kill it than to give it the benefit of the doubt and let it bite you and go through rabies shots
>>
>>33387650
Ok, What if the dog gets my dominant hand or for what ever reason i cannot get to the knife or what ever weapons I have? What is best place to hit the dog to get it to let go? These things can get hit mutable times in the face and the body and they will just not let go. I am still not convinced that simply stabbing it or punching it with be enough.
>>
>>33387707
solid advice. thanks.
>>
>>33387673

Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVGbyDmyjtw
>>
>>33387673
I have seen in a video where you see a pitbull get pepper sprayed and tazerred and it kept attacking.
>>
>>33387707
>>33387733
If you're on the ground how will you use the hammer?
>>
>>33387709
Well I've seen a lot of fights where a big guy will simply pick up a little guy and dump him. That seems to make the dumped guy stop fighting, so try it on a dog.
>>
File: Sun-Tzu.jpg (27KB, 312x352px) Image search: [Google]
Sun-Tzu.jpg
27KB, 312x352px
Preemptively poison them.
>>
File: BA458SOCOM300-2.jpg (587KB, 1024x944px) Image search: [Google]
BA458SOCOM300-2.jpg
587KB, 1024x944px
Dog Medicine Tier

1. Shotgun with #4 Buckshot
2. Carbine .223 55-grain JHP/SP
3. Service pistol with modern JHP
4. Small 9mm pistol with modern JHP
5. .380 Pocket pistol with modern JHP or FMJ OR J-frame .38 with 158 FBI SWCHP or Gold Dot

Since you are in Cuckafornia, get a LCP/Shield/M642/LCR, quality concealable holster, and maybe keep your mouth shut? No pocket knife is a match against dogs, or any other apex predators.
>>
>>33388232
Bad advice. Any pistol caliber will give a dog pause like nothing on earth.
>>
throw a fully automatic gun to its owner
>>
>>33387540
>am in Cal. now, was in AZ so I can't carry a firearm around like i did before.

It depends on the county. In Riverside you can apply for CCW; provided that you have justification for doing so. I'd say that you have more than enough for an application if you live in a shitty area with a high crime rate.
>>
>>33388250

Nothing gives pause once you put 3 rounds in a skull or heart.

Bullets are cheap, and shitty dogs are common.
>>
Climb over your neighbor's fence and shoulder your AR pistol.
>>
Bear spray
>>
>>33387709
Either jam your fingers in its eyes and try to destroy it's eyeballs, or jam your arm further down it's throat until it gags. Neither of these are ideal situations.
>>
>>33387709
Punching a dog will do absolutely nothing. You could hit a pitbull in the head with a brick and it won't let go. You need to kill it to make it let go.
>>
>>33388250
A 9mm will sail through a dog skull no problem.
>>
don't be a pussy and or move out of shitty ghettos
>>
>>33388294
Nice try, ATF.
>>
>it's a "the few times non lethal means were f capable for defense so I guess you shit out of luck when some dumb dog attacks and your not carrying a .44" thread
>>
>>33388267
>Be californian liberal diehard working at county office
>Look through requests for gun permits
>One of them reads, "Hey, I live in a shitty area. Can I own a gun?"
>Think about all the innocent minorities that such a gun would almost certainly be used against
>Break down into tears of white guilt
>Literally attack the permit request paper with my "DENIED" stamp, stabbing it repeatedly until my co-workers haul me off
>Get the Anon who sent the request arrested for indirectly hurting my feelings
>God I hate Trump so much
>>
File: bad pupper.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
bad pupper.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>Own dogs since childhood.
>Would always just smack them and shit when they acted out
>Used to think I could wreck anything on 4 legs because my dogs feared my hand like it was death itself
>Go over to my cousin's house one day.
>He shows me his new dog
>It's some gigantic mutt thing with the body of a greyhound and the head of a pitbull. Stands high as my waist
>Decide to play with it. Playing fetch and shit with a big stick.
>Dog wants to play tug of war with the stick.
>Okay it's time to dominate this pupper
>The thing just won't fucking let go of the stick
>I try lifting the stick to pull the dog on to two legs but it just forces itself down
>I eventually win by twisting the stick around
>Dog lets go and tries to get ahold of the stick again
>Bites down on my hand
>Feels like a truck with studded tires has rolled on top of my hand
>Holy fuck the pressure
>Dog lets go after a second
>Hand is okay, but a bit of skin was taken off

Dogs can have really strong bites, guys. Don't let them bite you.
>>
>>33387540
Buy your self an Argentine Dogo he will show all those other colored dogs his white privilege and superiority
>>
>>33387733
does no one in that town have a knife or other pointy object?
>>
>>33387547
MY step dad breeds Ovcharkas and Kangals

They've got about 15 or so of them on their farm and although most are friendly, there are 2 certain males they've got that are absolute beasts

Apparently they knocked down a fucking riot fence once when a drunk fuck wandered onto their land in the middle of the night to take a shortcut
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>33388603
>Ovcharkas

Paying $2000 for a dog
http://www.puppyfind.com/for_sale/?breed_id=209

Mfw
>>
File: 0227171210.jpg (399KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
0227171210.jpg
399KB, 1280x960px
Disregarde pitbulls, acquire floppy hounds.
>>
>>33388622
That's when it's good to have family members with kennels

I was offered a pup for free from the last litter but I had to say no for the sake of the dog since I live in a shitty apartment in the slums right now

As soon as I'm done with school and I've gotten the small house on the country I've always dreamed of I'll definitely pick him up on the offer and get a puppy or two
>>
>>33388554
kek
>>
Call the ATF
>>
>>33387540
>>33387540
pepper spray
>>
>>33387707
>>33387707
retarded, if you are close enough to swing a hammer you are close enough to get fucked by a pitbull. i dont think you realize how fucking determined and impervious to pain pitbulls can be, they literally fight to the death so if you hammer strike doesnt incapacitate or kill it you are going to get a really pissed off pitbull digging all the way into a body part you would rather keep puncture free.

just take my advice OP and use pepperspray, guaranteed dog deterrent

>>33387733
>>33387733
holy shit what fucking retarded dog owners. can you kick in any more of a pussy way? your dog is getting killed before your eyes and you tap the pitbulls butt with your toe?
>>
>>>/an/
>>
>>33387540
>I am in Cal. now, was in AZ

Tell us why and what you do. Just tell us.
>>
>>33388470
>hitting your animals
Neck yourself
>>
>not owning multiple solid size mutts
>paying for "purebreeds"

I never understood why people pay tons of money for shitier dogs. Purebreeds pretty much always have more health problems, are dumber, and almost always have random fuckoff breed quirks that you have to adapt to. You can get a lab mutt of some kind and get a masterrace dog that isn't retarded, is healthy, and is strong as fuck. You can get like 3 dogs and walk them all at once and literally not be afraid of anything because they will fuck shit up.

When I retire I'm going to buy some property and just have like 15 dogs.
>>
>>33387709
I had success once jamming a sheathed bayonet down a pit bulls throat when it was latched onto someone else's dog, I imagine if it was unsheathed it would have also been effective. Just get a kabar or something and carry where either hand can get at it. If you see it coming put your non dominant arm out in front of you with the back of your forearm facing doggo and then plant knife in throat. Sucks you have to keep situational awareness so high while on a simple jog but I would probably refrain from listening to music as well.
>>
>>33387709
people that like dogs don't understand reason when it comes to dealing with an aggressive one.
Some of these dogs were bred to do things like take down cattle, a 6'3 human is trivial in comparison size wise for that thing to take down.
And yeah good luck trying to fight one off with one arm tied behind your back if it's latched on to it. Dogs are the primary reason for me to go get my cc license. If you don't know anyone that's ever had a rabies shot before, you tend to have to get those under some circumstances, they stick a huge needle in your ass. I'm not just using colorful language, they'll stick you in the ass with it.
>>
>>33387540
>shitty dogs like pitbulls
My gfs pitbull is the sweetest thing, and so was her late rottweiler

It's all about how you raise them
>>
Worked with dogs for several years as a caretaker, kennel tech (a less paid vet assistant.) and trainer.

Pitbulls are not aggressive towards humans as a rule. Their aggression that is bred into them is actually more towards other dogs snd intruders to their territory. In neutral ground, pits are actually pretty good dogs. The issue, as OP pointed out is shitty fences. Pits are big and tough enough to get through, under, or over nearly any fence. Let alone a shitty one. Once a pit roams the neighborhood, that neighborhood becomes "his". Which is where danger to humans comes in.

The best thing to do is carry something that you can use in a worst case scenario. I.e. dog gets you in the ground. But also something you can keep them at a distance with. Baton, a good knife, or a fucking short spear would be ok.

But also keep in mind, despite what /k/ tells you, pits are not always out to get you. If one is acting aggressive DO NOT run from it, or turn your back on it. But don't start fucking with it either. Just back off slow. Never lunge at them, even if it lunges at you and you think it is going to attack. Your motions, up until you are stabbing it in the head, should be as non-threatening as possible. You may be able to just back away from it and not have to get bit. Ir covered in dog blood.
>>
>>33387540
put in an anonymous tip to the ATF that your neighbors have been putting vertical forgrips on their pistols and 15.5 inch barrels on their rifles.
>>
>>33390728
It's the only thing they understand.
>>
>>33390936
Stop with this lie. I have met my friends pitbull when he wasn't around and was nearly attacked if I hadn't got a head start running. And his dog was raised fine and even seen me before in his house. Pit bulls are pieces of shit.
>>
File: Zelda Blob.jpg (2MB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda Blob.jpg
2MB, 1650x1275px
>>33387790
You're always on the ground when it's HAMMER TIME
>>
>>33390728
Fuck off peta
>>
>>33387638
I'm sorry but what the fuck. Just sitting there for 3+ minutes while you get eaten alive?

I hate when people act tough online but how are you gonna go out like that?

With your adrenaline pumping you should be putting your thumb so deep in that mutt's eye socket you could pop his eyes like grapes. I'd rip that fucker's cheek open like a wet paper towel I'd be so terrified.
>>
>>33387540
when a dog runs at you stop. don't move. just stare at it until it goes away. that's all.
>>
>>33387733
someone should have taken his belt off put a nose around the pits neck and start choking it. added benefit after it release the other dog it can't get away.
>>
>>33387540
Best advice I have is wear a thick work jacket or something. If you see a dog, wrap that shit around your arm and use your non-dominant forearm as a shield. You're probably going to get mangled but it'll give you an opening to use whatever weapon you may have. In that specific situation I would probably recommend a 3 inch fixed blade knife. The doggo's head is in close so something too big and you can fumble around. At that point, just stab the throat until it stops moving. After that my best advice is be serious about physical rehabilitation. It's your best chance at getting a decent range of motion back eventually.
>>
>>33393598
>Making eye contact with a dog

They take that as a challenge.
>>
>>33393700
one dog is not big deal for an adult male. two dogs however are bad news. and three is basically a pack and you better pack too.
>>
>>33393776
A full-sized Pit is absolutely a problem if you don't handle it correctly. They can take a massive amount of punishment. You have to keep them away from your face and throat. Surrendering the arm is the best option if you can't get away.
>>
>>33393772
yes that's the point you show unflinching dominance. you promise them with your eye that you will gut them if they even look at you funny. it works erry time.
>>
>>33393806
i'm not saying it can't work, i'm saying that one dog is not big of an issue. it only weights half as much as you do for starters. not very good at wrestling either.
>>
File: no_dogs-2[1].gif (9KB, 167x250px) Image search: [Google]
no_dogs-2[1].gif
9KB, 167x250px
>How do I best protect myself against feral dogs and pit-bulls?
Ethylene glycol, Caffeine, Garlic, Chocolate, Macadamia nuts, Anti-rodents, Xylitol (gums), Raisin... It's incredibly easy to poison a dog. Just don't get caught.
>>
>>33393813
This is true if it's a beta, but an alpha will then try to kill you for 'questioning' it's dominance.
>>
>>33393880
no anon that's some uneducated bullshit you should not spread.

there was one time in my life a dog actually attacked me and that was at it's owners command. the other times i wrestled with them was mostly trying to prevent them killing each other over stupid shit.
>>
>>33393838
Clearly you've never experienced the biteforce of a dog first hand. Have you ever played tug of war with one?
>>
>>33393864
I'm considering if it's worth poisoning my neighbors neglected dog or jumping through the hoops to get it removed legally.
>>
>>33390936
bullshit
>>
>>33393930
yes and i was not impressed nor with their speed nor with their power really. they are just fucking dogs not marvels wolverine.
>>
>>33393949
Must have been a tiny dog.
>>
File: DogEatsShit.jpg (42KB, 475x380px) Image search: [Google]
DogEatsShit.jpg
42KB, 475x380px
>>33393934
Normally I would say to kill it, but since you say it is abused I don't care :)

>>33390936
>See ! This tiger doesn't bite, so tigers must be harmless !

>>33393838
Sure, dogs are lighter than us, but I've read their muscle density is much higher than ours and their sensitivity to pain is lower.
>>
>>33393940
This. You will hear stories about how "he was the sweetest nicest dog in the world!" Few months later the dog mauls the owner/kid/other dog and then they blame lack of training. The breed is terrible. Rotties on the other hand are a great breed. They are intelligent and actually listen and obey commands even when they are in attack mode. Unlike the Pitt who when it goes into attack mode will not stop until killed or it kills the victim.
>>
>>33393988
>their muscle density is much higher
doesn't matter that much. overall both your bones and muscles are way stronger than theirs. and they are kinda stupid.
>and their sensitivity to pain is lower
well again that matters very little in a fight. even less in a fight for dominance. dogs don't put each other in submission with pain. watch them fight maybe you learn something.
>>33394029
every size really. from dash to bigger rottie. it's the little ones that can surprise you. the big ones you expect to be strong.
>>
>>33393988
Dogs are also way less flexible and have several weak points, all easily reached if the dog is attacking ( nose, ears, eyes) If you start smacking a dog in the side, he won't care. But if you start working his nose over it won't matter how he feels pain compared to humans. He'll let go/run.

Aa far as strength goes...if you're a relatively healthy and /fit/ adult, your adrenaline will put you pretty close to even with the dog. You'll feel less and be stronger.

In short...if a dog attacks you, cave his face in with whatever you can until he gives up or stops moving.

Source: used to get attacked by people's niggerfied dogs almost weekly forca living.
>>
If you can grab their legs, force them outwards. It crushes their ribcage, dogs used to be executed like that.
>>
>>33394104
i never harmed a dog intentionally (happened by accident sure) and i would not go for the bits near the mouth myself. if you slip up you can lose a finger easily.

generally fighting breeds attacking people is no joke. if you kill the dog after it attacked you that's full in your right. people that say shit about preemptively shooting dogs if they find them off leash are the only retards i have issue with. just use a fucking spray if you are too scared of letting a dog go near your pussy ass cowards!

my advice would be if cornered without a weapon and you have no inclination to fight like a man, is to take off a shoe and grab it like a brass knuckle. use it like a shield maybe the dog will grab it and play a little tug and call for help.
>>
>>33394186
Have you ever seen pitts attack? They don't charge. They sort of lumber over and then attack when they are a foot away from you. They are the only breed I will pull my gun out on if I see one off-leash near me.
>>
>>33394186
I hurt tons of dogs intentionally because I got locked in cages with them when I worked with them. I would leave work, come back the next day and there would be totally new dogs and I knew nothing about them.

So I'd go to clean up, or feed them and at least once a week we had one trouble dog who was aggressive.

The trick I learned is that you actually CAN choke a dog out. But if you puch downward on the bridge of their nose, that works best. Taking a shoe off is a bad idea since you would expose your very fragile foot to the dog. If you get knocked down because the dog lets go (or ignores) your shoe, he'll target your limbs first. If he gets your hand, that's bad. But if he gets a bare/socked foot? You're not getting away from him. He'll crush the tiny bones easier than bones in your hand. And you won't be able to get up and run.

Trust me, I know...sadly. the best non-gun defense against a dog is a big stick to keep him at a distance with, and club him with if he gets close. My weapon of choice was a broom handle.
>>
>>33387638
Yes. How long would it take for that dog to bleed out once you slit it's throat?
>>
>>33387540
Poke out their eyes or jam your fist down their throat and choke them out.

That's what a cop told me.
>>
>>33387540
I'm not Korean or anything, but the muscles on that dog...I wonder how he'd taste with a bit o heat and a bit o sweet BBQ sauce over a wood grill.
>>
>>33394273
What job required you to fight dogs in a cage ?
>>
>>33394273
yeah but you don't go running with a stick.
>>
>>33394423
I worked at a large dog kennel facility. And we took any dog that people brought in. And it was common for me to be left all alone with 100+ dogs, many of which has been brought in by other workers but not interacted with. So I would come in to work and there would be several dogs who nobody knew if they were aggressive or not.

Of course they were usually friendly. But I was probably attacked once a month by a large dog. Counting small dogs, it was almost daily. We had a guy who trained attack dogs (as a fucking hobby) drop off the meanest German Shepherd in the world. We fed him by dumping food over the wall and spraying his water dish full with a hose. The owner neglected to tell us his dog would try and bite anyone who entered his "territory."

So...yeah. That is what I did as my first real job.

>>33394442
Extendable baton tho.
>>
>>33394355
the thread is about dogs, not basketball americans
>>
>>33394541
>Extendable baton tho.
i don't even like to bring keys for a run let alone a fucking baton. i have one mind you i just never carry it because it weights a fucking lot. not measured but at least a pound.
it's one of the most disgusting feeling when you are running and something heavy is jumping up and down on you. that's why i don't run naked.
>>
>>33394558
Really? The only difference is that dogs are loyal.
>>
I love dogs but fuck if a pit was running up on me...
I'd say get a fixed blade knife like a ka-bar or something similar that you can really get a grip on. Your best chance is to fucking gut that thing and possibly sacrifice your arm meat.
>>
>>33394587
Same. I never carry anything.

But if I was scared of dogs or people where I live, I would just get over it. A small backpack is not a bad idea in the first place. In the summer I carry water in one when I go run.

You could also just get aome Rhodie shorts and a fanny pack. That would keep people away AND allow you to carry anti-animal defense. You'd also be high speed, low drag.
>>
>>33388598
No shit. I would have stabbed that fucking nigger dog in the throat a couple times and watched with satisfaction as it bled out.

Glad the husky walked away.
>>
>>33394642
>Your best chance is to fucking gut that thing and possibly sacrifice your arm meat.
problem is the tendons and nerves near your wrist are likely to be shredded. even a godlike surgeon will not be able to save that mangled mess a dog can make in a few seconds.
>>
>>33388624
BASSET HOUNDS BEST HOUNDS
>>
>>33387638
I actually had a friend who's pit bull got let out one day and grabbed this guy's toy poodle. Toy poodle guy knifed the pit bull a few times and it ran off and died.

So yes, it will
>>
>>33387733
God those dogs are fucking tough
>>
>>33388300
>Bear URINE
Had a Bear piss on one of my Hiking Backpacks years ago as is came through the campsite...
15 years later and 2 dogs (neither of which ever saw the bear) will NOT go near the bag. One even occasionally growls at it on occasion.
>>
>>33387638
pussy ass old geezer
kick the dog!! STOMP A MUD HOLE!!
he's bleeding the fuck out!!
and the the asshole recording.... put the camera down and help him
>>
File: 1480242642892.jpg (14KB, 356x357px) Image search: [Google]
1480242642892.jpg
14KB, 356x357px
>>33387540
>Pitbull shit tier dog
>>
>>33396537
>owning a pussy poodle

any dog under 40 lbs is a rat and not a dog
>>
>>33387540
this is going to sound crazy but any dog owner knows this works
grab its lower jaw and push down on its tongue with your thumb

remember you're a man and its a dog.
>>
>>33387540
Apply for the ATF, then shoot the fuckers.
>>
>>33398042
say that to my schnauzer's face and not on the internet
>>
>>33394179

How do you prevent them from biting your face off if you are using both hands to pull their legs out?
>>
Get a Rhodesian Ridgeback
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.