[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 21

File: comfy dude in a warzone.png (686KB, 1276x715px) Image search: [Google]
comfy dude in a warzone.png
686KB, 1276x715px
Late To Formation Edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

Previous:
>>33168637
>>
How hard is it to get around RE3's. I was never charged with anything under UCMJ just discharged. Ended up with a General under honorable conditions. Thanks for any answers.
>>
File: IMG_4353.jpg (139KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4353.jpg
139KB, 683x1024px
How old is too old to commission if I want to be a flag officer?
>>
File: 1470888865021.jpg (845KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1470888865021.jpg
845KB, 2304x1536px
What is the average APFT score of an active-duty Infantryman? (serious)
>>
Anyone do the NCS program? I'm not looking for a college degree but am looking to pay off about 15K in fed loans, and this seems like a perfect solution.
>>
File: 1484637428248.jpg (302KB, 1084x2662px) Image search: [Google]
1484637428248.jpg
302KB, 1084x2662px
>>33192378
Will i fit in the well in the army if i'am a closeted homo sapien ?
>>
I leave in less than two weeks for AF Basic.

Then I go to Sheppard. How is Sheppard as a tec school these days?
>>
I'm 32. Seriously considering enlisting. What branch is the least pozzed & full of women/traps?
>>
>>33192451
How old are you?
>>
Anyone got a copy of 300PFT?
>>
>>33193198

You're too old, just live the rest of your life with the regret and shame
>>
Is joining infantry in peace time a bad idea
>>
>>33193652
Allegedly, but I'm still doing it
Getting paid to get fit, play vidya, and looking busy sounds pretty comfy to me. And if there's a war then you get to actually have fun.
I don't have ambition in the financial sense either so I don't care about getting skills that are transferable to the civilian world.
>>
>>33193701
You sound like a real winner.

Infantry is perfect for you then.
>>
File: 1464456845212.png (155KB, 540x407px) Image search: [Google]
1464456845212.png
155KB, 540x407px
>>33193708
Yeah, I'm a fucking loser, but I'm happy so it's fine.
>>
>>33193701
>>33193726

I'm okay with this, but if you're begging on a street corner in 12 years because you didn't have any "financial ambition", I'm not giving you any change.
>>
>>33193994
Getting a night security job or something along those lines isn't that hard, though.
>>
>>33194012

Unless you're a raging alcoholic that can't hold down a security job.

It's ridiculous how low the bar is for some security jobs, and they still have people that just no-show constantly.
>>
>>33194061
I doubt the infantry will make me an alcoholic, I don't have an addictive personality anyway.

I mean yeah if you're talking about the lowest of the low then I guess some people have trouble getting even a shit tier fast food job, but I'd like to think I'm not that far gone.
>>
I'm pretty well endowed...are showers gunna be weird in basic?
>>
>>33194333
Why do you care what other people think about your dick?
>>
>>33194333

If you're asking if you're going to get laid in BCT, it's possible. As a gay guy you should already know how to drop the appropriate hints. You might get unlucky and not have any other gay dudes in your bay though.
>>
I had surgery on my elbow when I was 14. It needed a metal plate with screws. They removed it and now my arm is fully functional and I can do everything I used to.
Will this affect me in any way?
>>
>>33194514
No you should be fine as long as it works properly.
>>
File: aHedhyC.jpg (56KB, 875x803px) Image search: [Google]
aHedhyC.jpg
56KB, 875x803px
Is there a way to get dropped to a different mos? I got radio field operator and I want fucking admin or some other super pog job. I heard if you fail out of mos school you get dropped to one of them shitty jobs? Is there any truth to this?
>>
>>33195036

Usually the cushiest jobs are competitive and you can't "fail" into them. Jobs you fail into are ones like cook or truck driver.
>>
>>33195094
>truck driver.
Isn't that pretty cushy though? In peacetime at least
>>
>>33195100

Fuck no. Truck drivers work pretty long hours. It's also one of the most dangerous jobs both in peacetime and wartime.

A cushy job is one where you work 9-5 in an office and surf the web most of the day. Truck drivers are getting called in on the weekends all the time to drive for bullshit taskings.
>>
>>33195036
"dropped to a [cushy] mos"
No. You can try to put in a package for one. Admin is also a shit MOS imo but you do you. Admin is the grunt of POG-life in regards to the type of fucks you deal with.
>>
Aside from infantry and spooky SOF shit what are the jobs with the least women?
>>
File: 1407162399803.jpg (111KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1407162399803.jpg
111KB, 640x640px
Redpill me on the Marines.
>>
>>33196068
don't do it retard
>>
>>33196092
Not even as an Officer?
>>
>>33196092
Elaborate
>>
>>33196103
>>33196119

someone post the screencap about why the marines are shitty, I don't have it saved
>>
File: IMG_1361+copy.jpg (785KB, 1000x617px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1361+copy.jpg
785KB, 1000x617px
This isn't quite Military-related, but you guys seem to be knowledgeable on this sort of thing. After my National Guard contract, I'll have my Bachelor's degree and I'm considering joining Border Patrol. Any of y'all know anything about BORTAC? Sounds pretty badass.
>>
>>33196068

What I gather is this.

Marine Infantry: Get in, ooh-rah, get out and brag about it for the rest of your life.
Marine POG: Get in, can't wait to get out because as non-infantry the corps hates you.
MARSOC: Get in, be miserable because you're highly trained SOF and your command has no fucking idea what to do with you.
>>
>>33195124

>Admin is the grunt of POG-life in regards to the type of fucks you deal with

I swear, I can hear the artillerymen and trackers doing pic related from a couple thousand miles away.
>>
Anyone in the Bundeswehr?I heared it aint so bad compared to other armies.
>>
>>33196136

My theory is somewhat similar:

>motards stay in
>motards deal with stupid shit
>motards become lifers
>motards eventually retire
>completely institutionalized
>rah as fuck for the rest of their lives
>miss it

>average joes get out
>love that sweet DD-214
>lead fairly productive to successful lives
>don't miss the bullshit
>miss the camaraderie
>small talk with in-laws or office co-workers will never hold a candle to bitching in the field, berthing, or smoke pit
>always carry that sense of Stockholm Syndrome
>>
>>33196136

I thought recon were the underused guys
>>
>>33196127
Interested in this as well if anyone has it.
>>
>>33192538
220-240
>>
>>33194078
>doubt the infantry will make me an alcoholic
Ooh boy you just wait
>>
How many bases have gyms?

I'm a pretty big gym rat and I want to do whatever I can to maintain muscle mass.
>>
>>33196239
USMC airwing POG here can comfirm. The only thing I miss is working on jets and chillen with my bros. I don't miss the 14 hour work days or the fat retarded SNCOS that think they run the Marines Corps when it's actually the Sergeants.
>>
>>33195036
What is that, 25 series?
>>
>>33196313
All of them, and the bigger bases have multiple gyms.
>>
>>33196327
Good shit. Thank you.
>>
>>33196313
You may not be able to get your workouts in as much as you like depending on Mos and branch
>>
>>33196354
I was told Air Force is pretty much like a 9-5 job, only you're on call 24/7.

Which are the more time-consuming MOSes?
>>
>>33193506
20, I'll graduate when I'm 24-25
>>
>>33196370

It depends more on your job than your branch. All branches have 9-5 style office jobs, all branches have shiftwork jobs.

Jobs that tend to have longer hours by default are cooks (have to be up before everyone else to make breakfast) and medical personnel (hospital work is often shiftwork). Same deal for military police and firefighters, you work shifts.

Fields like aviation usually have hours that vary with the optempo. You're going to be up whenever shit needs to fly. Office clerk jobs (including most of intel, IT, HR, etc) tend to be 9-5. "Combat" jobs also tend to have a set schedule when they're not out in the field, but it tends to be longer hours because there's no set standard for "success". You just go home whenever leadership gets bored of looking at your face for the day.
>>
>>33196393
That's still young, and hopefully you won't be as immature as some 22 year old 2nd LT. You'll probably be put in charge of your peers due to your age. I'm about to commission and I'm 28 and I'm in the best shape (mentally and physically) I've ever been. But I'm also prior enlisted.
>>
Is Intel the best rate/mos for a good career as a civilian
>>
>>33196411
>including most of intel

Intel does shift work pretty often. SCIFs that are actually working are 24/7.
>>
>>33194078
You're not only going to be an alcoholic, you're going to get addicted to tobacco as well. Enjoy!
>>
>>33196648
But why
>>
>>33196635
is pretty good
cyber atm is hot
>>
>>33196660
I'm kind of wishing I chose CTN at meps instead of CTR, oh well, at least I can do more cool shit as a CTR
>>
>>33196635
>Is Intel the best rate/mos for a good career as a civilian

There are so many variables you have to unpack.

Your experience while in can vary. You need to pursue a civilian education and training because federal civilian jobs doing collections and analysis (not fucking fixing computers) requires a degree. Even if it didn't you would be 1000x better off getting an education because then you'll actually learn how things work on the academic side and dig into the literature (there are quite a few people in the academic world doing research on terrorism, insurgency, civil war etc. topics that pertain to the IC) that you otherwise wouldn't while in.

And that's all assuming you get in and like it. A lot of the guys I went through the school house with, worked with, and deployed with decided it just wasn't for them after their first enlistment and wanted to do something else. You could very well get in and start actually working CONUS or OCONUS and figure out you absolutely hate it or you're lacking in writing ability, research ability, public speaking, or any other the other skills that good analysts and collectors need.
>>
>>33196679
depends on your definition of cool shit
cyber requires "cool shit" regarding field work just like any other form of intel
imo getting into the weeds in the ctn rate is really cool
>>
>>33194365
No fuck that. I just don't want people looking at my junk.
>>
>>33196692
>You need to pursue a civilian education and training because federal civilian jobs doing collections and analysis (not fucking fixing computers) requires a degree.
Not required. Experience is valued quite a bit in intel, but w/o a degree your pay takes a cut. Often people get degrees while working intel as civilians after getting out.

An old SSgt got out w/ no degree making 150k/year contracting.
A Sgt got out making 80k/yr entry level no degree working for the Marine Corps.
>>
>>33196696
I mean like as a CTR you can go on ships, subs, or aircraft. Also you travel more
>>
>>33196714
>Not required.

The only time I've ever seen any intel jobs that actually involve doing analysis and collections not require a degree is when Guard/Air Guard units are posting on USAJobs that require you to enlist or transfer into the unit.

>Often people get degrees while working intel as civilians after getting out.

What agencies?

>An old SSgt got out w/ no degree making 150k/year contracting.
>A Sgt got out making 80k/yr entry level no degree working for the Marine Corps.

When I was getting out DoD was telling contractors to start school or they were fired. And this is actual intel people, not people who fix computers.
>>
>>33196315

Word. I think lance corporals will always be the true backbone of the Marine Corps, though.
>>
>>33196747
The National Security one.

Both people were hired due to analyst experience. Contractors hire differently than the govt and the Marine Corps prefers a degree but if you work good while in, they don't want to lose your familiarity with the mission and role so they're willing to hire you if they have the space.

A sailor who cross-rated in early 2010s to CTN works for NSA directly, no degree. He's currently working on one as a GS-13.
>>
>>33196763
GS-12* (which I think is the ceiling w/o a degree, no paper to back that up though)
>>
>>33196707
Get over it and stop being insecure, if you've been to MEPS then people have already stared at your asshole.
>>
>>33196233
Bundeswehr CBRN guy here
>>
>>33196763
>CTN

Cyber support is not the analytic mission.

So perhaps this is a disagreement because we aren't working from the same vocabulary.

When I mean analysis what I don't mean:
Fixes computers
Coders
Network support
IA
Crypto

What I do mean: All Source and GEOINT+SIGINT analysis that contributes directly to the all source product that is going to policy makers/customers.
>>
>>33196827
Also: I don't mean to discount the tremendous contribution to the mission.
>>
>>33196763
He's driving at intelligence work, which at the moment is making a large shift toward subject matter experts and expecting its officers and soldiers to be as well educated. Security/development nexus, complex emergencies, failed and collapsed state scenarios and so on. Academia is leading the way in this and there's a big gap in the literature that's ready to be exploited by any budding PhD candidates - and that's the level you're going to want to be working at if you want to get ahead in the intelligence analysis game.

They're clever. Real clever.
>>
I have the chance to go into the army to pilot helicopters but I don't know if I want to do that or infantry in either army or marines. Does anyone have experience with either that they can share?
>>
>>33196861
you'll have a job once your out of the Army in you choose to go Helicopter
>>
>>33196827
CTN literally does cyber analyst roles. Their A-school is called Joint Cyber ANALYSIS Course. I don't know what to tell you, I'm not talking out of my ass here.

For Marines it's 2611
For Army is 35Q and 17C.
Idk USAF but all of those are Cyber analysts. None of the shit you just said is part of their day-to-day. Are you in the field still or not?
>>
>>33196897
I want to fly fixed wing eventually. Will the helicopter background help?
>>
>>33196924
>None of the shit you just said is part of their day-to-day.
Because they aren't part of the intelligence analysis mission that links intelligence to policy maker. They are part of cyber.
>>
Should I even bother enlisting during peacetime (Infantry)?
>>
>>33196827
None of those are typical CY work roles, except maybe coding. The vast majority in cyber are doing analysis. Some are doing collection.
>>
if i join one branch and then decide after i get out that i'd like to try out another one:

1) is this doable right away? like say i join the navy and after four years decide i want to join the air force can i do that right then?
2) would my rank transfer?
3) would it even be worth it? or would i be an idiot to do this?
>>
>>33196068
>slower promotions
>limited job selection; more apt to be fucked out of job because 'every muhreen is a rifleman'
>non-existent bonuses
>pointlessly difficult training for POGs
>be a POG and get mocked; be infantry and have no marketable skills when you leave the corps
>over exaggerated contribution in combat in relation to the army's

Honestly, bragging rights and uniform. That's literally the only reason to join the Marines. But guess what? Most people can't tell the fucking difference between a Marine and a soldier anyway. The only women who can are the ones who have fucked multiple Marines before.
>>
>>33197142
They're conducting cyber analysis day in and day out. You clearly don't work in the field nowadays or don't work with cyber.
>>
>>33197142
Cyber is different and unifies the two, because good luck doing analysis without technical capability.
>>
>>33196707
>has big dick
>is worried about people seeing it

I wish the most difficult thing for me at boot was having a big dick.
>>
How much do RDCs make you yell/shout? I suck at talking loud
>>
>>33196653
THE CULTURE AMIGO
>>
>>33196636
Confirmed, intel here. 12 hr shift work slave reporting in
>>
so how screwed am i if i want to get into the air force but i have smoked weed and done some acid, that happened over 10 years ago. i really want to join, and ive been feeling this way for a while but this is the only thing stopping me.
>>
>>33199191

Super easy.

Leave out the acid.

Say you did pot just to try it for peer pressure reasons years ago but it's not an issue now.

I did meps but didn't join because I didn't want to help ZOG.
>>
Does the Air Force let you pick and wait for a slot to be available for the job you want if you decide to be a little extra picky?

How does the job thing work in the Air Force? Such as getting to choose, changing or re-classing, ect ect
>>
I smoked weed heavily for a couple years but never got in trouble for it, and will have stopped for a full year when I try to join the Air Force..I'm so worried about going for a security clearance interview and getting fucked.

Is it possible to deny/lie my way through? Thinking of trying for aircraft loadmaster.
>>
>>33200259
Like, are they going to polygraph me and ask me multiple times during recruitment if I ever smoked weed, or is it a simple "Hey did you ever do drugs?" "No." "Ok you're good!" ?
>>
>>33200386
You'll get asked a hundred times by everyone at MEPS.
>>
>>33200438
Troll or for real?
>>
>>33200583
They know they can't find out unless you admit it so they will pressure you constantly to confess.

Your recruiter will do it, MEPS will do it, boot camp people will do it.
>>
>>33200631
>They know they can't find out unless you admit it

So, don't give in to the pressure, never confess, and I will be ok? Sounds do-able.

Thanks.

t. Air Force hopeful
>>
>>33200655
Thats just for reg enlistment. If you are getting TS clearance they will interview all your references so don't put down your druggy friends or anything.
>>
>>33197022
yup, any aviation background will
>>
>>33197789
The other way around for you, anon? That have much effect on you in basic?
>>
>>33200028
From what I've heard people tell their recruiters that they want to wait for a specific job and recruiters will try to present other jobs to them when available but ultimately comply. Keep in mind that if the job you want is never available then you're not getting it no matter how much waiting you do.

Personally I'm not too knowledgable on this since I signed a contract for the job I wanted pretty soon after MEPS so do some research to find a solid answer.
>>
File: 1449528220703.jpg (665KB, 1066x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1449528220703.jpg
665KB, 1066x1137px
I'm currently joining Air Force, what are my chances of getting into Phoenix-Raven, DAGRE, or CPET?
>>
>>33201260

Let me give you a better way into AFSOC.

>Go in on CCT, PJ, or SOWT contract
>If you fail out of the pipeline you go to SecFor or could go to TACP if they'll let you
>If you go SecFor you can go for those, though it's hard to get in
>If you wind up in TACP you can try to get assigned to SOF

If you're playing it as a straight numbers game of getting into SOF through the Air Force those are your best odds. If your heart is set on those jobs then try to get onto an AFSOC base as SecFor.
>>
>>33201260
For the first two there are like 200 of each in the entire Air Force.
>>
File: IMG_4251.jpg (173KB, 1277x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4251.jpg
173KB, 1277x1920px
Is 24-25 too old to be commissioned if I want to stay past Colonel and become a General?
>>
>>33202399
lt col and up is politics and bullshit, so who cares
>>
>>33202399

>Worried about making General
>Hasn't even commissioned yet

If you look up and think "try and make General" when you think of political power as your aspiration, then you should probably just commission and get a taste of politics to learn the landscape and the game, then decide where you want to shoot for.
>>
File: 1474195604579.jpg (89KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474195604579.jpg
89KB, 1000x800px
Any reserve MPs here?
>>
File: 1478451929849.jpg (274KB, 1219x1307px) Image search: [Google]
1478451929849.jpg
274KB, 1219x1307px
Collegefag here.
What is the culture of the army actually like?
Is it PC'd to hell now like college?
>>
>>33202717

What kind of caucasian nigger are you that you don't understand that when someone is making you be "PC" that's typically just behavior in line with professional conduct in the workplace?
>>
Is 12W worth going for carpentry or would I be better off going infantry and then using the GI bill to go to trade school?
>>
>>33202748

>Am I better off getting paid to get certified in a trade or am I better off doing a job that translates nowhere else for 4-6 years then using limited free college money to learn the same trade

Gee, I don't fucking know anon. Should you use the military to get certification in the job that you want upfront and are only joining the military to get to, or just bullshit around to do the same thing years later, wasting time and resources doing so?
>>
>>33202729
Not calling someone a faggot in open or saying women are only good for their holes is PC to those kind of people. They'll never learn or understand
>>
>>33202772

But outside of their little enclaves it cripples them from being able to function in greater society. It's like voluntarily being a fucking cripple because they want to be willfully stupid.
>>
>>33202763
I just feel like I'll be missing out somehow if I don't go infantry, also heard from some acquaintances in the Army that if I were to go 12W I wouldn't even get certified anyways so it might be a waste of time. Not sure how true that is but it makes me hesitant.
>>
>>33202789

>Missing out somehow if I don't go infantry

You won't be missing out on shit unless you aim to go SOF. You're as likely to see action as a POG as dipshit infantryman #257 during actual wartime. I knew tons of people who, during Iraq and Afghanistan, were assigned to shit like patrol or convoy duty even though it had fuckall to do with their MOS.

Listen: the military is going to take it's pound of flesh from you one way or another once you sign that dotted line. What you need to think about is how to get something back from your service because frankly if you're even thinking of going in you should take it for granted that you're being the military's bitch.
>>
>>33202816
You don't know jack shit about people and opportunity or jack shit about people and human psychology. Just shut up before you make yourself look stupider.
>>
>>33202816
>>33202772

Ah, so they really are hopeless.
>>
>>33202814
>What you need to think about is how to get something back from your service because frankly if you're even thinking of going in you should take it for granted that you're being the military's bitch.
My father told me pretty much the same thing you said, appreciate the advice anon. Might as well go 12W and use the GI bill for project management or something so I can get into the construction business.
>>
File: wZ9nunm.jpg (169KB, 799x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wZ9nunm.jpg
169KB, 799x1000px
ARMY POG VS AF POG?
>>
>>33202858

If it's the same job in each branch then I'd advise AF.
>>
>>33202900
How so?
>>
>>33202858
Both equally worthless
Flip a coin I guess
>>
>>33192378
Anyone here 15W?
>>
>>33202823
>>33202826
Not even worth arguing with.
I came to ask a honest question, you make retarded assumptions about my beliefs and then attack me for the retarded assumptions you made up on the spot.

I really hope your not actually enlisted.
Your a disgrace.
>>
>>33198634
What if I don't like cigarettes
>>
>>33202858
Impossible to say. POG encompasses too many fields.
>>
What's it like to be a combat engineer/sapper?
>>
File: 1471738631643.png (3MB, 1610x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1471738631643.png
3MB, 1610x1192px
>>33192378
Lads, I'm probably most American-friendly Turkish in this community and I've been looking for answers that could make me an American citizen. I asked my veteran friends and also my marine friends to be an American soldier to get my citizenship. Despite desiring of citizenship ; I'd love to serve in American army.

My first question is :

- Would America accept a Turkish to the army ?

If they would, do you guys recommend me to be part of the army ?

If they would not, do I have to join the army after getting my citizenship ?

t. presbyterian turk

>inb4 remove kebab
>>
>>33203990

Unless you're marrying an American, it's not going to happen.
>>
>>33203990
You'd need to get a green card first.
>>
>>33202858
>AF POG?
Isn't that redundant? The Air Force doesn't have grunts.
>>
>>33203990
you don't have to join the army, but you'll have to register for selective service (draft), but we haven't had a draft since Vietnam

you can join the army with a green card (permanent residency) and can use military service to accelerate citizenship

good luck getting a green card though
despite what Trumptards say, it's actually pretty hard to get into this country legally
try all available avenues
>>
>>33202748
>Is 12W worth going for carpentry or would I be better off going infantry and then using the GI bill to go to trade school?

As a former Marine who fell for the infantry meme I can tell you: don't fucking do it. Infantry is the most boring job there is, the prospects for promotion are razor thin and even in the highly unlikely event you do go to war, you'll still spend the bulk of your time inside the wire being treated like a toddler.

When I got out, I was now six years behind all my friends in terms of career development. Think about it: enlist at 18, spend 6 years in, get out and go to college for 4 years, you're 28 years old and you're working an entry-level position.

My friends who picked a more productive MOS left the Corps and got good jobs without having to go to college.

Pick an MOS that actually helps your future instead of puts it on pause for 4-6 years.

Remember: you will live to be about 75 years old and your time in the service will be like 1/15th of that. No need to fuck yourself over to say you were a grunt.
>>
>>33202832
Electrician in the process of joining army here
If you're set on doing construction, I would try to go for 12T
>>
>>33204133
I know that, thanks a lot dude.

I don't really think I could find a 10/10 Presbyterian lady to marry.

>>33204141
Well, I haven't applied yet. Only a year left to the collage, I think I'll wait until collage. I asked to Turks who live in US about it but they say it's getting harder to be citizen and day by day. Thanks!

>>33204149
Oh, what an unfortunate. As I heard it's really hard to get a Greencard nowadays. I looked up for some Greencard agencies but as I said, I'll probably have to wait until collage sir. Thank you.
>>
>>33202900
Oddly enough, when there are similar jobs the Air Force personnel are the least capable compared the Navy, Army, Marines and Coast Guard..
>>
>>33202729
>caucasian nigger
That's one insane response. Is this an overweight female E-7 with a chip on her shoulder?

The answer is yes.
>>
File: smug pepe.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>Its an airfag can't do its job properly and threatens to kill itself while every sailor and soldier around them tries not to laugh episode

Air Force personnel should stay out of joint environments. They just embarrass themselves.
>>
File: 1479930339120.jpg (905KB, 1536x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1479930339120.jpg
905KB, 1536x1184px
>>33193168
yes
>>33193198
USMC but you're too old for that branch.
>>33195722
Jobs that require high math ASVAB scores like Navy nuke or CT
>>33197940
not much
>>33200710
They also interview neighbors, former coworkers etc.
>>33202858
AF by a mile.
>>
>>33205104
>Navy nuke or CT
Sorry I meant in the army specifically
>>
File: 1471918915549.jpg (40KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471918915549.jpg
40KB, 375x500px
>>33205109
>Jobs that require high math ASVAB scores
>>
>>33201155
Mines pretty average. In reality, no one cares what you have. No one is in the showers checking you out. Even the gay dudes don't care. There is far more to stress about in basic / boot than "hehe don't look at my peepee guies!"
>>
>>33205104
>the dark is the only one who feels rules don't apply and cant wear the same uniform as every other sailor

Hmm, almost as if that species has behavior consistent to it.
>>
File: suspicious.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
suspicious.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>go to veterans group
>fat chicks everywhere

The definition of veteran might need to be changed
>>
File: mabus.jpg (11KB, 216x234px) Image search: [Google]
mabus.jpg
11KB, 216x234px
>>33205204
Only certain sailors are allowed to wear the green ones. He's abusing the no shave chit like a real nigga though.
>>
>>33205204
>the dark is the only one who feels rules don't apply
are you retarded
>>
>>33204820
>Air Force personnel should stay out of joint environments.

When I worked at the USF-I J2 the Air Force people were actually great. But the Air Force only sent officers. The Navy people were pretty good too, but only one enlisted IS. The rest were officers.

The Muhhhhrrreeeeenz were too good to be there apparently.
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.