[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 33

File: 1481848243976.jpg (577KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481848243976.jpg
577KB, 1920x1200px
Training A Bunch'a NEETs Edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

Previous:
>>33126214
>>
File: 1488147376524.png (195KB, 1032x1812px) Image search: [Google]
1488147376524.png
195KB, 1032x1812px
Why do people hate on the Air Force?
>>
>>33141221

Because when they figure out that they could be doing largely the same job in a branch that treats its personnel better they get mad.
>>
>>33141221
>37" inseam? 38"

For 6'4", no fucking way. I'm 6'7" and I'm basically Gondola. I wear 38"-39".
>>
>>33141158
It's really a toss up then, there are pros and cons of both branches.
Navy can offer you a guaranteed job school where as the Airforce usually guarantees you a certain type of job. Navy pt standards are easier (just barely). The Airforce is renound for its quality of life but Navy is usually considered the second best. In the Navy deployments will typically be on a boat where as in they air force they will be on land. The Navy ships hit ports all over if travel is your thing where the Airforce doesn't have that. Naval stations tend to be in more coastal places (obviously) where as the Airforce has a wider range of options with some being cool sounding (Germany, Japan etc.) and some being not so cool (North Dakota, Wyoming etc.) The Airforce has its own "community college" which gives you credit that may transfer to an outside uni afterwards. Aside from that the technical training you receive in one vs an other is largely based on your specific AFSC or Rating. From what I've seen and experienced I'd say if you are just trying to serve 4 years, get your benefits, save some money, and chill then the Airforce might be the best bet. I think the Navy offers more adventure however imo. Bear in mind I am also looking to join and have never served, however I grew up as a Marine Corps dependent so I have experienced Naval bases and I have also researched into this quite a bit so take my advice however you like.
>>
File: theSuck.jpg (417KB, 1600x1043px) Image search: [Google]
theSuck.jpg
417KB, 1600x1043px
If you aint infantry, you aint shit.
>>
>>33141438
You're right, I'm not shit.
>>
Just how hard is the DLAB test? Is there a way to learn to recognize inflections?
>>
How do I do pushups more gooder? I ship in May and I can only do 30 in two minutes. My recruiter says basic will get me there but I'd rather already be there when I arrive
>>
>>33141191
>trained for years in high school
>got down from 260 to 160
>then, out of nowhere, gastritis
>not just regular gastritis, chronic gastritis
>now instead of spending my days enjoying being expendable, I just sit waiting for a flare up
Oh what could've been
Life truly sucks, appreciate what you have. I wish the best for you all
>>
>>33141651
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW0lK3b7zhA
>>/fit/
>>
>>33141651
only way to get better at them is to keep doing them
>>
Looking for info on corpsman that deploy with the teams.
>>
anyone have any experience with Aus Army
>>
>>33141438
Enfantry
>>
>>33141191
Does the FFL accept retards with no training?
>>
>>33141191
I wanna be a special snowflake and join special forces like pararescue or combat controller but I'm scared I wont get my feet wet like I would if I went rangers or marine infantry, can someone reaffirm my beliefs I wont be stuck cleaning bathrooms if I join AFSOC
>>
>>33141651
Alternate how you do push-ups
AIT Platoon sgt had a method for it.
>push up as you count to five, go down counting to five
>push up, hold for five seconds, go down, hold five seconds
Other methods
>Do as many push ups as you can for two minutes, then rest for two minutes
>Do as many as you can for 1.5 minutes, then rest for that time
and then so on and so forth until about 30 seconds.
And don't be a retard and do pushups each and every day, give your muscles time to heal
>>
>>33142777
>join special forces like pararescue or combat controller
If you can't even get the the fucking terminology correct, you're obviously too fucking stupid to make it through the pipeline for any SOF.
>>
>>33143058
what terminology did I get wrong?
>>
>>33142777

AFSOC gets into plenty of their share of firefights and are some of the unsung heroes of SOF.
>>
>>33141413
>>33141158
Air Force can offer plenty of opportunities for travel, however that's usually once your a tech sergeant and you're signed on for active air reserve. Got a buddy who's AAR at the base near my home town and he's sent to fucking Hawaii, Germany, Amsterdam, Japan, Ireland.

Lucky fucker
>>
>>33143113
Special Forces is just the Green Berets. The umbrella term is Special Operation Forces or SOF.
>>
File: 1464898192926.jpg (226KB, 2100x1420px) Image search: [Google]
1464898192926.jpg
226KB, 2100x1420px
In your own experience, how bad is the hazing/fighting with fellow recruits? (branch doesn't matter)
>>
File: Revolutionary war.jpg (127KB, 499x293px) Image search: [Google]
Revolutionary war.jpg
127KB, 499x293px
>>33141191
Are there any /k/ made charts on the subject of military enlistment?
>>
>>33143477

Just don't fail penis inspection days.
>>
>>33143477

Absolutely not tolerated when I went through Army BCT. Unauthorized infighting is not conducive to unit cohesion and they'll kick you out. The only exceptions were when we were actually told to compete with eachother (PT competitions, rolling during combatives, pugil sticks, team-based confidence courses, etc).
>>
>>33143477
don't eat The Sandwich
>>
How long should I expect to hear back on my medical records after they've been sent to MEPS? I know there's nothing bad in em, I just want to hurry up and sign so I can ship out.
>>
File: IMG_2941.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2941.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
>>33141221
Because they're only slightly better than the USPHS and NOAA.
>>
>>33143709
lel
>>
>>33143122
11x is just an 11b. X means you haven't completed basic yet. As an 11b you will get deployed because you're infantry

If you're gonna go infantry, at least get a second MOS.
>>
If someone is going to attempt an 18x contract, what would you advise them? I've got about three months to really train up, but I'm in decent shape already.
>>
If you are enlisted and commission, or switch services, can you still wear decorations from your prior career?
>>
>>33144648
if you havent read Get Selected! I'd pick it up
>>
>>33144671
commission in the same branch? yes

switch services? depends, but usually
>>
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but worth a shot. I recently got into the Navy via the NUPOC program, which recruits college students in science and engineering fields as sub or carrier officers. Noting being a pussy, I chose submarines. Anyone got firsthand experience with submarines or know anything about how life generally goes on them?
>>
>>33144988
Not a squid, but I hope you are ready for it
You will never have privacy
You will never feel safe

If either is acceptable then maybe you can do it
But sub work is like being under combat at all times and forgetting that you are
Also blub blub suck suck
>>
>>33144988
If you do, be sure not get deep sea madness
>>
>>33145015
I've resigned myself to two years of additional training after college followed by three very uncomfortable and stressful years mostly spent in a $2 billion tube.
>>
>>33145082
Can you deal with it though?
It's nice to say "Yeah, I'll do that"
But what about doing it?
Can you sleep in a bed everynight that is shit hard and surrounded by jacking off faggots and also just a moment away from sudden painful death?

Sub work is hard.
Not because of the depths, which is a major factor, but also because of living with a bunch of also crazy faggots for months with no reprieve
>>
>>33144988
>Noting being a pussy, I chose submarines

Good fucking luck. I worked in RX department on CVN 70, and every nuke officer was single, getting divorced, and on the brink of suicide. Can't imagine how much worse it will be for faggy submariners.
>>
Tell me /meg/, how does US Army basic compare to USMC basic?
>>
USCG Active Duty. Awaiting A-School deployment, any questions just ask.
>>
>>33145366

You don't know shit
>>
File: 1379991126060.jpg (65KB, 1200x975px) Image search: [Google]
1379991126060.jpg
65KB, 1200x975px
>>33143009
>And don't be a retard and do pushups each and every day
I fucked myself pretty hard with this.
Did combines pushups/pullups every day. To the point of failure.

Been 2 weeks and my arm still has not healed.
>>
>>33144480
11x is not 11b.
11x is the enlistment option for infantry.
You will get assigned either 11b OR 11c.
>>
>>33145293
You run less in the Army.
You don't shoot as far as the Marines to qualify either.
>>
>>33142734
Yes you retard.
But you can't actually be a retard.
There is somewhat of an education requirement.
>>
>>33146618
Whats 11c?
>>
>>33141191
who here /suicidemissile/?
>>
>>33146672
Mortar grunt.
And as far as I know, you don't get too much of a choice between becoming an 11b or 11c.
Also, you could have Googled "Army MOS 11c" lazy nigger.
>>
File: divers.jpg (6KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
divers.jpg
6KB, 270x186px
>currently a deckhand on my way to becoming commercial diver
>joining the navy reserves to pay my tuition and learn new shit within the next month
I might not be able to get a dive contract.
What ratings should I get into or avoid as a reservist?
>>
>>33146713

As far as I know, reservists don't get C schools. You may also need to be active duty to get into ND.
>>
File: 070104-n-3093m-009.jpg (952KB, 3008x1960px) Image search: [Google]
070104-n-3093m-009.jpg
952KB, 3008x1960px
>>33146921
I asked my recruiter, and it's possible while enlisting in the reserves. However, I may be needing a medical waiver. So I might not be eligible anyway.
I'm just not sure if I should go into a a rating with a shorter AIT or longer one. I make more money as a civilian sailor for dive school, but would be missing out on active duty time towards the GI bill.
>>
>>33146965

Are you in amazing shape? I don't know you but there's always a chance your body will give out or your mind breaks. Then you're really stuck with the shit jobs.
>>
Army or Navy for IT/programming/networking?
Reserves/Guard and continue school or drop out for active and finish school after?
>>
Weird question that I'm not sure is within the scope of K

Did 5 years and 3 deployments to combat theatre. I'm 30 now. Of there is another ww in the next 4 years will I be excluded from the draft for either of the aforementioned reasons? I finally am pulling my shit together and am not keen on going back to combat.
>>
>>33146688
lol I could have but then you wouldn't have gotten those doublydubs
So it'd a wash
>>
>>33147080
What year of college are you in, and what state?

>>33147108
Congrats, you have more combat experience than all of /k/ combined! Either way, unless you ETS'd within the last 3 years, you did your nickel old-timer
>>
>>33147126
Pennsylvania

1st year but I am 23 I just pissed around for 5 years after high school.

my program is an associates degree but I may use the credits towards a bachelor's in the future
>>
>>33145366
What's your role? Enjoy it?
>>
>>33145118

Are you someone who is extremely bitter and speaking from personal experience or are you just talking out your ass?
>>
>>33144988
Yeah, did 4+ years on a virginia class. It's quite the shitty lifestyle. That smell gets into everything. Good luck, sirrrr.
>>
>>33147743
He's oversimplifying it a bit, but he's not completely wrong. Officer berthing is usually a bit better/ more private than enlisted berthing (depending on the boat), i.e., a 3-man bunk vs a 6-man bunk. At no point did I ever feel like I was "moments from death." Probably the closest would have been during a flooding drill because the drill monitors actually started turning shit off and I'm like wtf now I have to restart everything thanks faggot. Really the job just sucks in general, very little job satisfaction, especially back in the engineroom, but officers are only stuck there for like a few years before you get to go qualify stuff up forward. And yes, the people you're stuck around are pretty crazy, because you'd fucking have to be to volunteer for this shit.
>>
>>33144988
you're fucked unless you're a special kind of autist

i've only met 3

t.ET2
>>
How important is it to learn sailors creed/general orders/ranks/etc. while in DEP? My recruiter makes it seems like it's the most important thing about the Navy and they'll kick you out if you don't know them perfectly before you get to boot camp.
>>
>>33148676
Learning them early just makes bootcamp a tad bit easier, that's all. I immediately forgot all that shit as soon as I left great lakes.
>>
>>33148676

Learning them now will save you a fuck load of pain in boot camp.
>>
How much does the Air Force care about grades in hs? I'm a senior and I have a 2.5 GPA from not actually trying. Will that stop me from not making it in?
>>
File: for ned.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
for ned.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
So I just found out as a newly enlisted 11b that my ARNG unit is going to get deployed to Egypt.

There still is time to reclass. Should I reclass and try and go 13F to get a combat deployment somewhere? Or accept that I'm going to just sit around in a desert?
>>
>>33149184

>Joins the national guard hoping to see some action
>Getting sent overseas as a support force in case we decide to send in boots on the ground
>Going to get to spend time in a foreign country, net a tax break, and get active pay while deployed
>Bitching on /k/ about how you don't want to "sit around in a desert"
>Oh good golly gawsh guise, maybe I should reclass so I can get le combat deployment!
>wut u think

I think you're a fucking faggot. Here's your (you).
>>
>>33144480
Nope. 11b means you have contract to be an 11b. 11x means you have an 11-series contract, but you aren't guaranteed "b".

Same deal with 18x contracts. The "x" just means that it's open what kind of 18 series you'll become if you get selected.
>>
>>33149249
to be fair, joining the national guard should get you deployed within your own nation.
>>
>>33149249

Egypt is MFO, it's a peacekeeping force, not a support force homeboy.

Also, they got rid of hazard pay, and the tax break. Shit sucks now. Even though North camp is getting mortared every damn day and we had 4 dudes get blown up in 2015.
>>
>>33149581

He's wanting a combat deployment as a nasty girl. He's complaining about a deployment that may lead to a combat deployment as the situation change to the point of switching jobs to get out of a deployment that may in combat in the hopes of a combat deployment that may not come again during his contract.

I...don't even know what to call that.
>>
>>33149184
Egypt is a fucking cush assignment. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>33147080
>>33147283
bump for a little more advice?
>>
>>33145366
We really need to reclassify these threads as /DoD/ only to keep out the riff-raff.
>>
>>33149711
Kek
>>
Just got my legal waiver ACCEPTED

Recruiter called me, going back down to MEPS for the swear in next tuesday. I'm heading to the recruiter's office tomorrow to pick a MOS. I wanted an option 40, but the Commander told me I wont get one because of my juvenile background.

I want 11b and to just drop a packet after while, but my recruiter told me on the phone today that there's no infantry slot right now. He told me to come by the office tomorrow and he's going to make a call to Kansas and try to get me one. What do I do lads?
>>
>>33149895
Tell him you won't sign anything but infantry. Don't budge or you'll spend 4 years regretting it.

You may also spend 4 years regretting going infantry but at least you'll know you asked for it.
>>
>>33150299
Thanks, was going to do that anyways. My recruiters have done a lot of shit to help me get this far. They're all prior grunts so hopefully they'll understand if I decide to hold out.
>>
>>33149104
long as you pass and have a decent ASVAB
>>
>>33143477

If you go Army combat arms it's still there and probably always will be. Same with Marines and probably some Navy jobs too.

t. graduate of 19D and 11B OSUTs
>>
>>33149895
>>33150299
>>33150387
I was kind of under the impression that infantry was the one mos which was always hiring.
>>
>>33151074
I would think it's the MOS that you can put almost anyone except the very adept and the very very stupid

and that a very significant portion of people who enlist enlist for infantry
>>
>>33151342
I got a 67 asvab with a 109 GT

I consider myself not too terribly bright, but dumb enough to do things others wont.
>>
should i join the USMC to kill some terris
>>
anybody here 35N? can you talk about it?
>>
>>33149602

Well, no. The Egypt assignment is for guys to be part of the MFO, so even if shit DID pop off, I'd most likely just remain there, guarding the MFO force.
>>
>>33151413
This. Are marine infantry still out there fighting often?
>>
>>33151414
Have you signed yet? What's your contract look like?
>>
>>33151480

No.

Go Ranger if you still want to see action.

Join the Army as an 11b Option 40 contract.

Thank me later.
>>
>>33151564

No, I haven't signed. I was just curious.
>>
>>33149184
Bro you are going to have fun in egypt. You get to go to the beach all the fucking time.
>>
>>33151413
>>33151480
Just a reminder the mahreen core is literally just a polished turd, everything from the weapons to the barracks to the leaders.
>>
Every smart guy I know who has gone through basic and training to do stuff with infantry has had to win a fight that got picked with them at some point. This is normal, yes?
>>
So tell me about 89D

I ended up choosing it because it was the only available job within short notice that was out in the field, and I think the idea of working with explosives is neat, but what should I expect for AIT aswell as in the field?
Should I expect to just be a minesweeper?

>tfw no 11x option available
>>
>>33151480
Conventional deployments are done everywhere. This isn't 2006 where you might be deploying immediately out of training. There simply isn't a demand for conventional forces right now.

We've got special operations doing their thing around the middle east. Beyond that you've got a smmmmaalllllllll percentage of conventional units in major bases like Bagram, Kabul, and Baghdad. But even those guys are basically sitting on their hands- maybe training locals, but otherwise just offering support and defense to US presence. They might get mortared half a dozen times in a whole deployment and think it's high speed as shit though.

99% of the military is transitioned back to peacetime full retard 1980s mode.
>>
File: us-special-forces-beard.jpg (1MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
us-special-forces-beard.jpg
1MB, 1800x1200px
Quick question to anyone with knowledge of armyrecruitment.

What are my odds of obtaining a waiver to enlist as an 18x or 11x Option 40 with a prior ADHD diagnosis and brief stint of depression in high school?

I've been off the ADHD meds for a year and the depression was just a month long thing that my parents forced me to see a doctor about.

I've also been training during the year off my medication to ace the PFT and plan on scoring extremely well on the ASVAB, as I graduated valedictorian. Will any of those achievements help my chances? Is there anything else that will help my chances of getting approved?
>>
>>33152869
Honestly just ask a recruiter. If you're worried, call one in another state.
>>
>>33152853
It's a great pick of a job (I'm biased, but ya' know I thought it was fun).

Your AIT should take about 9 months to a year total, depending on how often you get pulled out of class (this can happen if you just need to wait for a class to open up in the next phase, or your security clearance hiccups for a little bit). The Army has it's own "mini EOD" training phase, but it sucks ass. It's just there to weed out the full blown retards. Eglin AFB is a fucking great place and the training you get is legit. Very competitive and a lot of people fail, so always pay attention to the training and keep a clear head.

In a unit, you may often get called to help out local police with stuff. Especially common if you go to a more independent unit, though the Army has centralized them a lot in the past decade which sucks. Still happens though. You will also do a lot of plain clothes, stateside protective missions which are very fun and take you all over the country. There is a possibility of supporting SOF on various missions, depending on what kind of orientation that your unit gets put into. SOF support is fun and you get cool toys.
>>
>>33152925
con't

There is a ton of EOD specific training you can go to or ask for after getting into a unit. The more you do, they better. There were a lot of openings for more tacticool training courses like shooting courses and advanced medical courses.

As a team member coming right on you'll spend a lot of time learning to expert a robot. Great team members can do a whole mission with a robot. You'll be touching explosives quite a lot. If you ever get out into a combat theater, you'll basically be living surrounded by about a dozen types of explosives at all times.

Good pay bonuses too.
>>
>>33152887
was planning on doing that tomorrow. just thought I'd get some perspective from /meg/ in the meantime
>>
Anyone here go the warrant officer route in the army? Any advice would be lovely.
>>
>>33152961
Sweet. So pretty much I'm the anti-terrorist crossed with a robot driver.

And when you say good bonuses, do you mean besides the sign on bonus?
>>
>>33153053
I don't keep up to date on sign on bonuses, but it should be good too.

Was talking about your monthly pay. You get monthly demo pay, along with specific EOD pay. Other things pop up, such as getting per diem pay for food when you go on VIP trips or overnight trips to help police; usually that pays way more than you paid to eat.

You also used to (not sure if this is still the case) get BAS money instead of being made to eat at the chow halls, which was very freeing.
>>
So I got a question for anyone on submarines. Because of OPSEC I heard you guys aren't allowed to bring in any data storing devices (ie, laptops, e-readers, etc.). What about an old school portable DVD player? Would the DVD player be okay, but DVD's not be okay since they are data storing?

I'm bringing a couple of books either way, but if I'm allowed a portable DVD player, that'd be nice.
>>
>>33141191
Is it weird to consider joining the military after college?
>>
>>33153425
well that's how officers are usually made.

If enlisting. It's a little weird but I have family who did it. The only thing is he EAS's at age 30. Kinda sucks. Then again, now he has GI bill to get a master's.

I gave up on college and enlisted at 21.
>>
>>33153425
No

That's how a significant amount of officers come in
>>
Aint
Ready for
Marines
Yet
>>
My
Ass
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment
>>
all
idiots
run

from
our
rapist
commissioned
employees
>>
Leaving for Army BCT sunday. My fastest 2 mile time is 19:34. How much is basic training gonna suck for me?
>>
>>33153364
shameless self bumpin
>>
What exactly does an EOD officer in the army, AF or marines?
Also is it a career worth pursuing?
>>
>>33145366
What are my chances of getting in as a 24 year old, and any tips for meeting the recruiter.
>>
>>33154245
1/10
>>
>>33154660
>What exactly does an EOD officer in the army, AF or marines?

So get this. There are bombs and shit out there right? Follow me here, it's your job to handle that.
>>
>>33154369
A lot.
>>
>>33154660

Probably paperwork and learning how to manage a command of their own.

I've never met an officer that does anything beside bitch and take credit for enlisted projects. Good officers are few and far between.
>>
>>33154660
Same as officers from every other job in every branch.

Administrative paperwork and staying out of the way of the SNCOs.
>>
>>33153106
Pretty much any job with a funky schedule can get separate rats (food money instead of dfac card). Pretty much everybody will go TDY at least once, where you will be paid per diem.
>>
>>33154776
I should have mentioned the TDY per diem situation being common, much more so than a lot of other jobs. VIP missions were an almost monthly occurrence in units not otherwise engaged in different duties.

The BAS isn't EOD specific, but quite nice.

>>33154660
The Lts run the "platoons" (platoon is 3 teams, team is 2-3 people). They organize things and do normal officer admin work. All officers are fast tracked to team leader status, so they can hop in on any mission where a TL is needed. Stateside it means they can jump on a police or VIP mission if there is no office work holding them up.
>>
>>33152869
I enlisted in USMC 6 years ago with a well-documented case of ADHD while being a dependent under my mom while she worked for the gov't. I never disclosed it, not even during the "moment of truth" or whatever on the first day of booty camp. 4 years into my 5-year contract (0651) I seeked out a military prescriber to get me on Vycanse. They mentioned old records, but I just played dumb. never saw repercussions.

My point is, ur fine.. don't sweat it and don't change ur story. Just never admit to it.
>>
>>33154891
Was explosive detection k9 in the usaf. Normally it was an air force dog handler wth two eod techs. The techs were almost always army and navy eod.

These missions are fun the first few times then the novelty wears off and it becomes a pain in the ass. Especially with the deployment tempo being what it was. There's never downtime.
>>
>>33154960
I loved the VIP stuff. Got to go to a bunch of big cities and events. I even stayed in NYC for a whole week just to do one night's work. The rest of the time was tourism on the Army's dime.
>>
File: 1420617178288.jpg (343KB, 595x793px) Image search: [Google]
1420617178288.jpg
343KB, 595x793px
What's the Marine Corps like if you're an Officer vs if you're Enlisted?
>>
How is EOD in general?
I'm thinking about pursuing it in the german military once I have finished HS and College.
>>
>>33155191
As an officer you get paid more, but either one still isn't worth all the absolutely retarded shit you have to deal with on a daily basis.
>>
>>33155191
Enlisted is like high school and you're basically a kid.

Officer is like an actual job, but with more touch-guy BS. You can't get away with shit in officer ranks like you can in enlisted. At the same time, you're given more responsibility.
>>
>>33155646
I'll steer clear then. But for curiosities' sake, what kind of "absolutely retarded shit" are we talking?
>>
>>33144480
>get a second MOS.
I never knew this was possible, especially as infantry. Dumb question, but how does one get a second MOS?
>>
>>33155620
Can't speak to how it is in Germany, but it was very rewarding. Learning about ordnance is basically an infinite rabbit hole that do on downtime, you make plenty of fake IEDs with buzzers for training, you do training to defeat those IEDs, lot of time on demo ranges making all manner of new and interesting demo shots, loooooot of robot training. Very small community and generally pretty relaxed in terms of military demeanor.
>>
>>33155677
Retarded shit like being medevaced from a foreign country for multiple health problems, and instead of sending you to the hospital the doctors in Germany sent you to, they bring you to the barracks near the command building that is 7.2 miles away from medical on a straight line. Don't forget that you don't have a vehicle (from being overseas), they hardly ever schedule a duty driver, and when they do he's never there.

Despite being physically disabled, I've had to walk to medical multiple times. I just take my synthetic opium and start walking, because if I miss my appointment then I get brought up on charges for not being at my appointed place of duty. Also no I'm not going to pay for a fucking taxi to get to my medical appointments because my command wants to fuck me, I'd rather OD on my meds and walk.
>>
>>33141257
AF retired here, this anon speaks the truth.

AF is best career IMO. Most new enlistees aren't planning for a career. They choose based on image, which is fine if that matters to you. There are many ways to serve.

If you don't do due diligence checking out the different services and specialties within them you are less likely to be a happy troop.

If you choose a job based on what you want that job to be instead of what it is, you are less likely to be a happy troop.

If you don't get a variety of opinions on your specific choices, you are highly likely to screw yourself. Some people in a job you may enjoy hate it. Some people are griping cunts who would complain if they were having an orgasm. Some extra-stupid motherfuckers judge the military by their own personal experience without examining anything else.
>>
File: Laughing Mad Man.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Mad Man.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>33141221
>11:45pm: We start having sex.
>11:47pm: We finish having sex.
>>
File: af cct.jpg (112KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
af cct.jpg
112KB, 600x903px
If you don't call in airstrikes you ain't shit.
>>
>>33155879
>>33155890
How about I call in an airstrike on your pay?
>>
>>33143146
>however that's usually once your a tech sergeant and you're signed on for active air reserve.

If you are not in the Air Force or an AF vet you aren't helping much by responding to AF questions. You are responding based on what a few AF Reserve units do second-hand from your bro. That's a badly incomplete picture. Please stop assuming. Many Reserve units DO get tasty TDYs but that depends on their mission. Airlift is best for frequent TDYs be ye Guard, Reserve or Active.

The TSgt comment is not applicable to active duty deployments. Your bro may have an advantage at that rank in his particular AFSC at his particular base. More power to him!

Active duty Air Force installations and detachments are all over the world. There are plenty of slots in Korea, Japan and NATO. Depending on specialty you can get stationed at cool little hole-in-the-wall NATO bases and essentially get paid to skate in Europe. The active force is a lot larger than the Reserves hence more manning slots. I did two years in Germany and one in Korea. Two overseas tours at least is typical in a career plus individual deployments.
>>
>>33155890
are you a CCT? im genuinely curious and have questions
>>
>>33141696
this really
>>
>>33155929
No bro, just one of my goals.

Just poking a little fun at the "if you aint infantry..." poster

There has never been a real cct on /meg/, those dudes are unicorns
>>
>>33153461
That's what I'm trying to do. Got my master's and hoping the military will pay for my doctorate. Don't want to go officer because it seems like a lot of paperwork and babysitting. I want to shoot guns or something hands on. Plus, I'm either too old or don't have enough math/science education for the cool officer jobs.
>>
>>33143709
there were still the ol fights in the kill zone or when people fought from the stalls and shit
>>
>>33141651
Close (Diamond) until exhaustion
30 second rest
Regular until exhaustion
30 second rest
Wide until exhaustion 30 second rest

Three sets of each in that order. When you find yourself able to knock out 20 of each push up in each set, add on a fourth set.
>>
>>33146684
That count is heavily based on old vets being smart enough to choose suicide instead of the standard civilian long slow horrible painful incontinent incompetent impotent decline into the crippled madness that is old age. If you think I'm exaggerating, visit a hospice!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/02/02/but-there-isnt-an-epidemic-of-suicide-in-the-us-military/#bdd642c2d847

Vets tend to have a "get shit done" mentality and are less likely to fear the inevitability of dying and more likely to want to check out on their own terms.

Young healthy civilians can't relate to no longer being young or healthy, but barring accident, you fucking will eventually.
>>
>>33149184
put your orange beret and roger the fuck on
>>
>>33151074
everyone wants infantry, the slots are always open for 19D's, cooks, fisters, all other wild and zany shit
>>
>>33151646
you're gonna be fighting air force carpet bombings tho
>>
>>33154369
BOI
>>
I want in but I dont feel like a MRE will fill me up.
>>
>>33156374
>19D
What do cav scouts even do?
Parade around on horses on Thanksgiving?
>>
>>33156470
Pretty much and slap each other's ass to remind them they're still not infantry.
>>
>>33154392
bumparoni just incase we got subanons online rn
>>
>>33156455
that's fine, you'll have The Sandwich
>>
>>33155191

You literally clean shit as a junior enlisted person, and you do paperwork as a junior officer.

If you have a degree, don't be a fucking moron and enlist just because terminal lance made you think it might be cool.
>>
>>33155918

> Airlift is best for frequent TDYs be ye Guard, Reserve or Active.

So much this. I'm in an AES guard unit, we have 11 operations this fy with seven being overseas.

Of course if you're a poorfag right out of high school, the guard probably isn't a very good choice for you. The guard is more for experienced working professionals who want to serve.
>>
Are there any TACPs here? If so, can you tell me about the selection and training, and what your average day looks like? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>33153364
Friends on a sub right now. He brought a tablet with a bunch of movies and music downloaded
>>
File: IMG_6692.jpg (407KB, 1504x980px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6692.jpg
407KB, 1504x980px
>>33141191
I made a thread asking about the MOS 19K but wondering if I should just ask it here:

Is it true I won't even be driving/gunning/loading on the M1 Abrams and that they are not used much in our current war situation?

What is the probability I'll be stationed at Ft. Hood?

If I'm not in the Abrams what will I be doing?
>>
>>33158237
God that feels great to know. I was considering recording mixtapes and digging out my walkman if they seriously weren't going to let me bring an MP3 player or anything like that.
>>
>>33141191
Is green to gold an actual thing or is it a meme
>>
>>33156455
It accumulates. Few days of them and your digestive track will be full
>>
deploying to okinawa tonight if anyone wants to come fucking kill me that'd be dope
>>
>>33158676
where u gonna be, oki here also
>>
Reapplying to the Aus. Army reserve (like national guard) this week. Doubtful as I was medical discharge with """compartment syndrome""" but have a surgeon's note saying i probably dont even have it.
Will be infantry again.

Wish me luck friends
>>
File: 1482539056456.jpg (159KB, 1600x1513px) Image search: [Google]
1482539056456.jpg
159KB, 1600x1513px
Have you ever met a engineering-degree-holding-boot in the Infantry?

That's probably going to be me in like 2 years...

It feels like something I HAVE TO DO, for myself. I want to experience and learn from it, I don't care that I might hate it...

Somebody talk me out of it
>>
>>33158791
I will probably sign one of those special contracts though, like option 40 or 18X if army, recon if USMC. I'm sure I can meet the standard in 2 years, I'm already in shape.
>>
>>33153364
You can bring all that shit, you just can't plug any of it in to the boat's LAN. We had guys bring laptops and external hard drives and formed a giant porn trading ring.
>>
>>33158801
>Guys I want to be military but can't decide if I want to give Special Forces or Marine Recon the privledge of my operating. I'm really in shape too, I can do like 50 push ups
>t. high schooler
>>
>>33158890
I lift and run regularly - I have two (2) years to prepare me for any of those contracts.

That's a lot of time!
>>
>>33158447

Both. It's a real program that works, but it's a meme if your recruiter is trying to sell it to you.
>>
>>33146713
Obviously, diving or something related like Hull Technician, you want that welding school experience and diving experience.
>>
>>33158791

I've met a lot of smart infantry guys. The "le philosopher warrior" meme is real. They usually end up reclassing or getting out when they realize how retarded actually being a grunt is compared to the romantic image in their heads.
>>
>>33158970
How do I get philosopher warrior MOS
>>
>>33159121
>>33158970
It's
>warrior-poet

Duh
>>
>>33159121
First off, you have to be smart, then you have to be dumb enough to go infantry.

I almost fell for it, but I still fell for the muhreen meme.
>>
File: 1486660136270.jpg (26KB, 563x563px) Image search: [Google]
1486660136270.jpg
26KB, 563x563px
>>33158791
I did 3 years of electrical engineering, dropped out and now i'm joining the infantry because fuck logic and making smart decisions in life.
>>
USCG here awaiting a misconduct discharge kek.
>>
>>33159357
What the hell did you do?
>>
>>33159490
I sent prank emails to an O-5 pretending to be from the Austrian Coast Guard and made an inquiry about an exchange program. He thought it was serious and went through the proper channels until someone in Washington told him Austria is landlocked.
>>
>>33159490
They claim I was "acting in a sexually inappropriate manner" with a dolphin.
>>
>>33159490
I dropped a box on my foot and called it a "fucking nigger" whilst some Senator was visiting
>>
>>33158901
Weightlifting is time wasted. You should be capable of running a half marathon at a club time if you are serious.
>>
File: iwannabeanairborneranger.png (186KB, 538x579px) Image search: [Google]
iwannabeanairborneranger.png
186KB, 538x579px
I fucking did it lads...
>>
>>33160165
Dumbass.
>>
>>33160180
How does that make me dumb?
>>
>>33154155
Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Essential
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 505x477px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 505x477px
I'm 18, senior in HS, really been considering joining up. Thing is, it's really gonna piss off my control freak dad. He sees it as a waste of my "potential" and I think that's BS. What do I do or say to him?
>>
>>33160474
Fuck him, you're going to kick yourself in the ass for not joining up when you're older. You'll be 22-23 when you get out. Still plenty of time to do shit.
>>
>>33160474
You're 18, you adult now. Bare minimum military contract and you get GI Bill and lifetime college benefits. Not so bad for a 4 year delay into "real" life.
>>
>>33160474
Do what you want and follow your dreams. I was hesitant for four years and fucked around in college before deciding I wanted to enlist. I wasted four years of my life before joining because I was a dumbass, you will not waste time.
>>
Tfw too fat to enlist

My burgerss
>>
File: maxresdefault_0.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_0.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>33159507
>until someone in Washington told him Austria is landlocked
>>
>18 years old with speech anxiety
Can I join the army? Am I really fucked?
>>
>>33160914

Exercise. The fatter you are the quicker you can lose pounds. By the time you get within weight you're likely to also be in good shape.
>>
I have more to tell about the funposting that is the guatemalan army reserves.
>3rd or 4th day of training
>first firearms class
>lieutenant talks about the Galil rifle and its variants
>plays a youtube video of a colombian firing the rifle
>proceeds to pass around 3 (three) rounds of 5.56, 1 (one) magazine, and 1 (one) Galil SAR to a group of gormless, untrained recruits
it's like they want someone to kill themselves.

bonus:
> specialist literally tells us (admits) that more than one recruit has been killed by poor weapons handling in the past.
>>
>>33156455
sandwich inbound
>>
>>33159507
>until someone in Washington told him Austria is landlocked.

legendary
>>
What's the Navy like for a sheltered 18 year old? The most I've spent away from home is 1 week, I'm nervous about being completely on my own. I'm also kind of autistic and socially awkward, how will that affect me?
>>
>>33161681
Do you enjoy being alone in a small room with no windows? If yes the navy is perfect for you.
>>
About to leave for my third trip to MEPS. Hopefully actually signing this time. Wish me luck lads.
>>
>>33161700
Good luck. Meps sucks ass. I spent 9 hours in total to do my PICAT verification that took 15 minutes.
>>
">"
>>
>>33151480

US Marines and ISIS exchanged fire and had casualties about a year ago in Iraq, that's the last I've heard of any action.
>>
File: 1487453555800.jpg (29KB, 506x484px) Image search: [Google]
1487453555800.jpg
29KB, 506x484px
>>33160914

If you drink soda or energy drinks, replace it with fruit and coffee. If you don't, eat fruit anyways. Blend it into smoothies, tasty as fuck and you'll be taking in plenty of fruit quickly. Veggies are your friends, raw or steamed. Grill up fish and chicken for meats, you can do just about anything with it anyways. If you drink, cut back on it a lot.

Build up your running abilities. Be able to run long distance for the army, but you'll burn more fat doing short but intense cardio circuits.

Rely on thrashing yourself with calisthenics more than lifting heavy weights.
>>
>>33162065

How often do you guys have to deal with prostitution? How often do you guys avoid dealing with that shit?
>>
>>33159285
Im the guy youre replying to, and In the exact same position. Crazy.

I'm staying to finish my ee degree, but I hate the fact that I'll be older when I enlist and that's an obstacle.

What contract are you picking up? Stats?
>>
>>33160187
Hes fucking with you I think

It's the most logical choice for anybody going infantry, aim high so you can do cool shit.

You better be ready
>>
>>33162109
and by Stats I mean PT

>>33160165
delete this, op sec
>>
>>33162109
Haven't been to meps yet because i'm waiting for a medical waiver but i got 95 on my ASVAB.
>>
File: 1487455371120.jpg (61KB, 476x687px) Image search: [Google]
1487455371120.jpg
61KB, 476x687px
If I joined the National Guard/Reserve as an 11X, would I get to deploy if another real war started?

Not interested in active because I don't want to wage war on rocks and dust for a few years. I just want to be on standby if we ever go full /GIT SUM/
>>
>>33162225

Reserve: Yes

Guard: Maybe
>>
>>33162178
I meant PT, my bad.

Whats your PT for 2mile/pushups/situps?

Mine is
>18 min
>60
>65

Im slow af, gotta add sprints to my routine
>>
>>33162225

If you don't want to serve in peacetime, don't fucking join in peacetime, dumbass.

Just join when shit kicks off.
>>
Why did the army ever ditch this for the autistic blue coat/surrender cap?
>>
>>33162310

Because it became unpopular to dress your soldiers like soldiers circa Vietnam.
>>
>>33160987
LOL
>>
File: 1481915511152m.jpg (114KB, 677x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1481915511152m.jpg
114KB, 677x1024px
>>33162330

Vietnam was the tits. People are plebs.
>>
>>33141438
What branch is that?
>>
>>33162310
>Why did the army ever ditch this

He looks like someone who checks tickets.
>>
>>33152869
Well I just found out the military is not accepting or granting waivers to anyone with even one instance of depression on their record. So glad I wasted my time getting my hopes up.
>>
>>33162713
If you apply for something that doesn't require a TS clearance you can just lie about it.
>>
>>33162750
unfortunately the positions i was interested in were all ts clearance. Ill go back through the MOS to see if theres something that catches my eye, but I doubt it
>>
I used to smoke pot but I never got caught doing it or have any kind of official record for it. Should I forget about it or tell recruiter?
>>
>>33162807
If there's no record then it never happened.
>>
>>33162807
keep that to yourself
>>
>>33162608
Marines.
>>
>>33162786
You could try for airborne infantry or cav scout because don't kid yourself, if you're a sperg you probably don't have the attention span and mental stability it takes to become special forces and you'd just end up in airborne infantry anyways.
>>
>>33162809
>>33162813
What if i go up for a secret clearance? not Top Secret
>>
>>33162835
once again, no record, therefore it never happened
>>
>>33162835
Yeah you're fine. If you go for a top secret clearance they might ask some of your friends or parents and if you have shitty friends they could rat you out, but for secret you can just lie about it. Telling them about it won't be good for you. You could tell your recruiter perhaps and they'll probably tell you to shut up about it.

Shit the boss at my recruitment center just wrote a letter for me lying about my medical records so we'd save time because they didn't want to waste time verifying the details of a surgery i had when i was 6. So he straight up wrote me a letter lying about not being able to get the medical records and had me sign it. Keep it simple and don't tell them anything that would complicate things.
>>
File: 1455238192779.png (139KB, 273x220px) Image search: [Google]
1455238192779.png
139KB, 273x220px
Is it true that you're not guaranteed your MOS as an Officer?

I was told that they just put you where they need you to go.
>>
>>33141568
it is by far the strangest test I've ever taken. just finished, barely got back my score: 110. heading to basic on April 15th.

I have advice for you: on the last audio part where they combine all the rules, don't try matching all the rules. narrow the answer down with 1 or 2 rules and pick the best answer. at least for me I could not remember and apply all of the rules simultaneously since they only read the answers once.
>>
>>33163117

That depends on how you're commissioning.

It matters less than you think. Officering is officering, you're not going to be expected or allowed to specialize.
>>
>>33163150
I planned to join once I got my Bachelor's.

>Officering is officering
Would you be able to elaborate on this?
>>
>>33163191

Most of the work you'll do as an officer is only somewhat related to your AOC (officers get Areas Of Concentration instead of Military Occupational Specialties). Officer duties like attending meetings, planning training, and signing forms/memos don't really change that much regardless of your AOC.

If you're going officer for the right reasons, it shouldn't bother you much if you don't get your top choice of basic branch.
>>
>>33163283
What are the deciding factors when it comes to securing the branch of your choice? Assuming I commission through OCS..
>>
>>33159507
>>33159508
>>33159524
Which one is the real puddle pirate?
>>
>>33163336
For the Army:

The current needs of the Army, your ranking against your classmates, and your choice, in that order.

What kind of officers the Army needs right now is going to determine the available slots, then you make a wishlist of your top 3 and they assign them based on a ranked list of everyone in class. Higher up the list means a better chance at one of your top picks.

You can influence your position on the Order of Merit List (OML) by having better fitness scores, better grades, better academics, and overall doing better at OCS.
>>
>>33163060
Thats pretty cool
>>
>>33152925
>>33152961
Is there a difference between Army and Navy EOD? I'm slightly leaning towards Navy because oceans and possibility of travel.
>>
Navy here, switching from the blue NWU's to the green type III's.
Can someone let me know if you're allowed to wear the green slip on rank tab like for the blouse with the parka liner?
>>
>>33154369
fucking lol have fun sucking
t. only was able to do 17 pushups and ran a 20 min 2 mile before I left for Army Basic.
If my lardass passed, youre golden.
>>
>>33155681
talk to your retention NCO. You do a two week crash course. I dont know where they send you. Or go through your chain of command if you dont know who your retention NCO is.
>>
>>33158791
A specialist in my platoon has an engineering degree and he is 11B. He has been in 8 years, deployed twice, and he still is an E-4.
>>
>>33158440
Seconding this
>>
>>33163836
What the fuck...

Is he a total sperg? or what? can't lead men?
>>
>>33160165
shouldnt be posting this.
>>
>>33163117
It varies. If you place yourself well above in rankings above your peers you can have some influence on what job branches you prefer and for some they get what they asked for.
>>
>>33160474
My dad was exactly the same when I had the recruiters come to my house. I was doing the split ops meme for the ARNG and had to have my parents permission because I was 17. He said the army is for felons and fuckups. Told him Im just going to sign at 18 if he doesnt permit me. He ended up signing.
>>
Preparing for OCS. Down the line I would certainly like to take a stab at Seals. I have a question regarding past drug use. As a late teen and in college I smoke a lot. I experimented with harder stuff here and there but my only go to was weed. Now obviously I'm stopping. But I keep seeing mixed answers on what I should say at the recruiters office. What do? Full truth? Half truth? Can't lie, don't want I lie. But how should I I about it
>>
>>33163847
I have no idea why he cant get promoted. Hes been with us for about 6 months.
>>
>>33162150
>>33163895

Are you guys memeing me? My SFC told me it's alright to share,
>>
>>33164054

Your MOS and the fact that you joined? Sure.

Your ship date? No, you're not supposed to blast that publicly. It's literally the first "can this dude do OPSEC" test you get, and you failed miserably by running to 4chan with it.
>>
File: 1397754176633.png (773KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1397754176633.png
773KB, 720x960px
Redpill me on the Marines.

I have my sights on the Air Force because I want skills that will translate into civilian life after my contract expires, but part of me wanted to commission with the Corps because I think there's a pride in being a Marine and carrying that title with you for the rest of your life.

I want to know if this is a foolhardy reason to join the Marines.
>>
>>33164307
It's simple. Your chances of dying goes up when you join the Marines.
>>
>>33164383

Except Marines do the most sitting around waiting for war of any branch. Army sees combat more, Air Force/Navy operate dangerous equipment on a regular basis because they have real peacetime duties. Being a Marine is actually rather safe in comparison.
>>
>>33163963

>I'm going to quit weed soon and be a SEAL officer.

Said every stoner ever. You're already worrying about how you're going to lie your way to glory and you haven't even put the pipe down yet.
>>
>>33164307
Its pretty much the only reason to join the Marines.

>I want skills that will translate into civilian life

Every branch has non-combat jobs. You can do intel, admin, mechanic etc. even in the Marines.

To choose branch you have to decide whats mor important to you. Marine culture, air force quality of life, navy boatlife, or army pay.
>>
>want to try basic training to see if it's anything for me (and see if I become a better human bean)
>don't like statist or the state

Tough decision laddies
>>
>>33164918

BCT has a 90%+ pass rate, with the majority of people who don't make it failing because they straight up say "the military isn't for me, I quit". It's an on-rails indoctrination program, not a challenge to test yourself against.
>>
>>33164307
>>33164885
Living off past glory does get old after a while though, so don't fall for it.
>>
File: CIDBADGE.jpg (327KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
CIDBADGE.jpg
327KB, 500x500px
There is a new program to enlist into the Army as a CID Special Agent if you have a bachelor's from the list of acceptable majors with at least a 3.0 GPA and a clean record. If you want to be a federal agent after the military it's indispensable. You are sacrificing officer pay to do the job but it's worth it.

Just cleared MEPS and doing my security interview next week for the program. If anybody has any questions about the program I'll share my experiences so far.
>>
>>33163117
I only did Marine OCS and they made it a point to rub it in our faces that we aren't guaranteed the job we want and we are likely to get stuck doing something we hated, but we were still muhreens
>>
What branch is the best at CBRN?
>>
File: 1431802309384.jpg (18KB, 403x226px) Image search: [Google]
1431802309384.jpg
18KB, 403x226px
I'm looking to go into cyber security or intelligence, is there any particular branch of the military I should be leaning towards? Sorry if this is a retarded question.
>>
>>33165677

Navy or Army.
>>
>>33165677

Air Force or Navy.
>>
Nonners need to fucking die
>>
>>33166056
What's a nonner
>>
>>33164865
That's literally not what I said at all. I have stopped. I'm cleaning out my system. I'm looking at OCS for the Navy. And down the line I'm thinking of taking a run at trying to go Special forces. SO I'm asking how does my past drug history affect this?
I tried hard drugs in highschool, didn't like them. However I enjoyed weed. The most I smoked was when I was 17 for like a 7 month period. Then I quit for nearly 3 years. Then in the last couple years I've smoked once or twice a month and most recently 5 weeks ago.

I'm staying off of it, but no one can give me a straight answer on what I should say to the recruiter
>>
>>33165677
Navy
Go CTI everything else is shit.
>>
>>33160165
Start learning the 82nd song.
>>
File: 3073462-6780343819-Peezl.jpg (71KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
3073462-6780343819-Peezl.jpg
71KB, 707x500px
>>33167074
Your favorite answer is going to be 'no'. You will get fucking disqualified at MEPS if you said you ever smoked weed. Lie about it you fucking pussy, and dont fall for the good cap/bad cop they're gonna give you.
>>
>>33141804

Then you're looking for info on BUD/S, cause you need to be a SEAL to be a SEAL corpsman

look at the
>www.sealswcc.com/
blog, there's a lot of good info there
>>
>>33167288
Yeah, and why's that?
>>
>>33167316
That's going to be your first unit.
>>
>>33167337
I go directly to RASP after airborne so I was told. From what I heard I wont be in the same place for too long, but what do I know? Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'll get on it. Any other tips?
>>
>>33167296
Ive heard that from some people. Others told me that if I need security clearance they will ask me these questions again with a lie detector. And if you fail you are fucked
>>
>>33167494
Lies, no fucking lie detectors at MEPS. Just in case though, start telling yourself every day that you've never smoked weed and eventually you'll believe your own bullshit.
>>
>>33167536
I know it won't happen at MEPS.. But some kid told me that if down the line, especially for special forces they do lie detector to get in. Or generally for any kind of serious security clearance. And that I will be asked that. I was told that if I failed It's basically I'm out because my original answers won't match with the detector. So I guess I'm asking if there is anyone here who has gotten security clearance with a sordid past and how they went about it
>>
>>33155929

sat next to one on a plane one time
talked to him about the pipeline a little bit
he was fucking yoked, but pretty short
he was also only 25 and said he already had knee pain from jumping so much
he had just come back from some assignment in Africa where his unit was guarding a doctors w/o borders hospital for a few weeks after coming back from Syria
>>
>>33158676

Dude why are you complaining? That's a fucking sick assignment
>>
>>33141191
/k/ I have a question for you.

Let's imagine we have an lead petty officer and we work with electricity. How do you screw him over without getting caught?
>>
My mom is kinda messed up and when I was younger her psychiatrist (who ended up killing himself) diagnosed me as bipolar. I didn't know about this until now. I asked her for my medical records for my recruiter and she told me about that. Should I get another opinion to try to get it removed from my record? What are my options?
>>
File: 1486079770918.jpg (14KB, 234x338px) Image search: [Google]
1486079770918.jpg
14KB, 234x338px
>finally get waiver
>between wait periods and a six month period where I just gave up, it's been almost three years
>started at 22, now 25
>worry I'm too old to do the high speed shit I wanted to do initially
>find myself looking at 35x jobs and OCS

Why am I so afraid of being an oldfag in the army?
>>
>>33155890
If I become a Fire Support Specialist in the Army can I be hot shit?
>>
>>33165930
>>33166032
>>33167239

I was thinking of Air Force, but now I'll be sure to give the Navy some consideration. Thanks anons.
>>
>>33167288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiWPZJoxk1A

Fucking catchy, amigo
>>
>>33167911
i'm 24 and just got a 40 option! not too late!
>>
>>33168054
Issue with Air Force is the people, which is an unsolvable one by rate.

Navy people generally suck but we get treated the best, intel people are the best military people second to specwar, and you'll always live somewhere amazing.

Navy intel also doesn't spend a whole lot of time on a ship. We also have ridiculously fast advancement
>>
>>33168054
Just re-read your post. If you're interested in cyber security going anything but Navy is a huge disservice to yourself man. We have the best tech in the military because the last two presidents had a hard-on for the SEALs.
>>
>>33167563
>But some kid told me

Think about this for awhile. How the fuck do you know how credible "some kid" is?

If he's anything like half the anons answering questions in this thread he's a never been/haven't been yet and he knows jack shit about the military.
>>
>>33164307
>because I want skills that will translate into civilian life after my contract expires

GI BILL
GI BILL
GI BILL
GI BILL
THERE IS NO ENLISTED MOS THAT IS GOING TO GUARANTEE YOU A JOB AFTER A SINGLE ENLISTMENT WITHOUT A FOUR YEAR DEGREE

THE MILITARY IS NOT JOBCORPS, THE MILITARY IS NOT A JOB TRAINING SERVICE, YOU ARE TAUGHT TO DO A JOB EXACTLY HOW THE BRANCH YOU ENLIST IN WANTS IT DONE AND THAT MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE AT ALL TO ANY CIVILIAN COUNTERPART. YOU MAY ENLIST AND NEVER EVEN ACTUALLY WORK AS YOUR SPECIFIC MOS.

THIS "GET CIVILIAN JOB SKILLS BY JOINING THE MILITARY" IS A MEME BLACK PEOPLE TELL BLACK KIDS WHO ARE TOO POOR FOR COLLEGE OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL.

THE REAL BENEFIT IS THE GI BILL.
>>
>>33164171
>>33164171
Stop memeing him. There is no PID there and there is no "test".
>>
>>33168341
How fast do you run nigga?
>>
>>33168463
What about intel? Those pog-niggers always seem to get picked up by defense contractors because of their TS clearances
>>
>>33141651
Do more dips. Pullups/chinups as well, but mostly dips.
You need to target your chest muscles. That's probably what's holding you back.
Incessantly doing pushups won't necessarily get you where you want to be. If your chest is weak, you'll overwork your arms doing pushups, tire them out and you'll be shot before you're able to address your main problem.
Do some planking too. It'll make FRONT LEANING REST more tolerable.
>>
>>33168637
>>33168637
>>33168637

NEW THREAD

>>33168637
>>33168637
>>33168637

MIGRATE
>>
>>33168574
>>33160165
That''s me. Fast enough to fucking snake an option 40. I have 14 weeks of OSUT and a free hour every night to PT
>>
>>33168794
Yea but whats your time for the 2 mile? This is the million dollar question
>>
>>33168831
14:30, I know I can shave off time before RASP
>>
>>33168887
u fast boi

whats your secret?
>>
>>33168895
Being a manlet that weighs 155 soak and wet
>>
>>33168905
Manlets make good operators, smaller hit boxes :)
>>
>>33141347
>be 6'5"
>34 waist
>36 leg
>>
>>33162608
Judging by the amount of bullshit and lack of anything comfortable, Marines
>>
How "hardcore" is the Air Force SERE team?
>>
>>33168463
>THERE IS NO ENLISTED MOS THAT IS GOING TO GUARANTEE YOU A JOB AFTER A SINGLE ENLISTMENT WITHOUT A FOUR YEAR DEGREE

Bullshit. Even the lazy guys I served with who didn't bother with degrees are able to get decent jobs.
>>
>>33168488

It's not any sort of official test, but "hey, don't tell everyone your ship date" *is* the first time in the military that you're given information with some value and told not to tell everyone.
>>
>>33167911
What the fuck dude? I applied for a waiver for a surgery last thursday and my recruiter texted me yesterday that i was approved. Also joining infantry at 28, YOLO.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.