[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carrying on Campus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 17

File: guns-on-campus.jpg (169KB, 650x366px)
guns-on-campus.jpg
169KB, 650x366px
Got a simple question for those of you that might know.

If I have my pistol in my backpack, is that still considered concealed carry?
I know not having it on your person is a stupid idea, but I would like to know for my own edification.

I want to know if I need to put it in my bag for a class or two, bag being at my feet, if that is still legal.
Like If I wanted to get changed for the gym or something and have my clothes in my bag.

What if I needed to go to the board or to ask the professor a question and I walk away from my bag, is that now illegal?

Not asking if it's a smart idea or not, I know it's stupid, just want to know if it's legal.
>>
>>32945245

>If I have my pistol in my backpack, is that still considered concealed carry?
Assume it is.

It's otherwise not illegal to leave a weapon unattended. This isn't Canada.
>>
>>32945245
Are you a nigger or something? Why do you need a gun on a campus full of liberal cuck numales and sororisluts?
>>
>>32945298
>Why do you need a gun
Fuck you
>>
>>32945298

Not OP, but of all of the places I frequent, my whiteass college campus is the one place I'll most likely get shot at.
>>
>>32945298
not him but I got muzzies at my college
>>
>>32945298
To kill the communists pet blacks/muslims when they go feral
>>
>>32945298
>trusting your anal virginity to a campus full of drunk frat boys, unvetted indian guys, and minority program students
Ya na
>>
>>32945298
>Why do you need a gun in one of the areas most heavily targeted by attacks where you know for a fact that nobody else will be able to defend you.
>>
>>32945298
Those reasons are exactly why he needs a gun.

I had this exact question a few weeks ago, OP, and didn't make a thread about it. Great minds, etc.
>>
>>32945331
>still being an anal virgin once you hit college
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>32945340
>one of the areas most heavily targeted by attacks
pretty sure thats gas stations and liquor stores, bud
>>
>>32945351
I'll be honest, my biggest reason is because one class we do a ton of board work, and I'm frequently having to write at the very top of the tall board, aka arm extended all the way up.

There is no physical way my pistol doesn't get caught when my shirt comes back down.
So far there has been zero incidents with carry on campus (I'm in Texas, it's VERY new here...this is the first semester it's allowed)

I don't want to be "that guy" that has the first incident when the grip gets caught on my shirt with my back facing to the entire class at the front and one of the like fucking 10 foreign exchange students shrieks at the top of their faggot little lungs AHUHEASUFIBEAUI HES GOT A GUNNNNNNNNNN GUNNNNNNNNNN.
Basically I just want to pop in the bathroom before that class, throw it in my backpack, and put it back on after that one class.
>>
My schools been having issues with some dindu teens driving around pointing guns at people and trying to rape girls and im in the middle of bumblefuck. This shit can happen anywhere.
>>
File: 1457319200350.jpg (28KB, 700x535px)
1457319200350.jpg
28KB, 700x535px
>>32945298
>need
>>
>>32945298
>need
>>
File: who.png (66KB, 928x634px)
who.png
66KB, 928x634px
>>32945298
>why do you need a gun on a campus
>>
>>32945401
Why not just not carry a gun then if you run the risk of it causing an incident?

>BBBUT WHAT IF SCHOOL SHOOTRES
Let the fuckin' cops handle it. If you start blasting, the cops are just going to blast you, too.

>BBBUT WHAT IF PAJEET N TYRONE ROLL UP ON ME
Does your campus not have security and is it not somewhere with cops in general? Why are your classes in the dead of night with no one around? Why are you consorting with pajeet and tyrone in the first place?
>>
>>32945245
Pretty sure it's CC. Like women with purse carry
>>
File: 1344974407616.png (178KB, 1190x906px)
1344974407616.png
178KB, 1190x906px
>>32945446
>Does your campus not have security and is it not somewhere with cops in general?
You mean like NYC with a cop every 5 feet? No crime happens there, right?
>Why are your classes in the dead of night with no one around?
Because I work?
>Why are you consorting with pajeet and tyrone in the first place?
So now you have to consort with criminals to be a victim of crime? You don't actually go into the real world at all do you?
>>
>>32945245
Carrying is typically legal on campus as long as you're outside buildings. Usually is legal in locked vehicles on campus. Once you enter a building it becomes illegal. I wouldn't count on any loopholes like you've listed. Backpack carry is obviously a shitty way to carry but it is what I do because it is better than nothing. We were so close in Georgia but fucking pussy ass Guv Deal vetoed it, so now I'm committing a crime every day I go to campus. Oh well.
>>
>>32945407
>middle of bumblefuck
that sounds like the problem

if you were in a city, the cops would descend on them in seconds with P90s drawn and shit
>>
>>32945245
>weapon on your person
>yes your backpack is considered your person in most courts
>said weapon is generally nonviewable and not known about
>so, concealed
>concealed weapon being carried on your person
yes, it would be considered CCing.
if you don't give a shit and can catch a felony, then do it. if not, don't.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (43KB, 852x960px)
wrong.jpg
43KB, 852x960px
>>32945470
>Carrying is typically legal on campus as long as you're outside buildings. Usually is legal in locked vehicles on campus. Once you enter a building it becomes illegal.
>>
>>32945446
>>32945298
Confirmed for pajeet troll
>>
Fuck the backpack. That's risky if you open the pack and get seen, and if you need your weapon digging in a pack may get you dead.

Wear a small pistol in a wallet holster, then carry your student ID and money in either a money clip or a slimmer wallet. No one will ask about why you have two wallets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFkCpkQS5ak

Cops don't carry their backup pistol in a fucking backpack.
>>
>>32945484
If it wasn't obvious from the question wording, I have a concealed carry licence, and it is legal for me to CC on campus.

Mainly I'm wanting to know if technically having my CC in my backpack, and me walking away from it but it still being in my eyesight, is considered legal or not.
>>
>>32945469
>You mean like NYC with a cop every 5 feet? No crime happens there, right?
there's a lot of crime in NYC because there's a fuckton of people, and if you're walking through lit streets at reasonable hours you are very unlikely to be attacked.

>Because I work?
night classes don't go past like 9pm and are presumably with, y'know, a class. maybe travel in a group through lit streets?

>So now you have to consort with criminals to be a victim of crime? You don't actually go into the real world at all do you?
usually yeah

btw if your gun is in your fucking backpack, they're just going to stab you while you fish for it anyway. you'll be much better served by moving intelligently, using lit walkways and streets, and not buying weed at midnight from dudes youve never met before
>>
>>32945485
This. Whoever said that has never been on a campus before. Or any school at all, actually

>It's okay officer, i was just OUTSIDE the building with a baby killing machine gun
>>
>>32945504
shit, my bad. need coffee.
but yeah, that would still be considered CCing by most courts even if its a legal gray area.
>>
>>32945504
You haven't even said where you live. How the fuck could anyone tell you the laws of that place? And for all anyone knows, the school's codes might differ slightly from those of the state/municipality and get you kicked out or prosecuted anyway even if you were following state law
>>
>>32945500
Check out
>>32945401
For a more detailed reason why.

I have it in my holster 99% of the time, I'm basically just worried about 1 class and want to take it off, put it in backpack for that class, then put it back in right after.
>>
>>32945519
see
>>32945401
School codes can not override state laws (at least here)
>>
How cucked am I?
>Carry the holster, leave the gun in the apartment.
>>
>>32945537
For what purpose?
>>
Not OP, but everybody in this thread is illiterate.
Reading comprehension for the love of god

OP has a CC, and he only wants to put his gat in his backpack DURING THE ONE CLASS.
>>
>>32945531
>School codes can not override state laws (at least here)
They can get you kicked out. It's not illegal to walk around in a place you have access to; doesn't mean you're allowed to get up and walk around during an exam. If the school has some esoteric code like "guns have to be on your person at all times and may not be left off the person for any reason" and then you break that beep boop expelled tuition gone no recourse. If students freak out, you could also face legal troubles for causing a disturbance

and this all seems like it'd just be easier to just not carry a gun when you have that class.
>>
Just shoot your teacher OP

Prove you're the alpha of the class
>>
>>32945551
Fair enough.
For clarification then there are no school rules on the subject, they said to simply refer to state law in the handbook.
>>
>>32945541
Just getting used to adding a gun holster to my EDC for when I actually do get to carry. Plus, it saves setup time when I want to practice my draw.
>>
>>32945245
Depends on the state. In CA it's a felony. If it's loaded, that's an additional felony. If you leave it unattended, another felony. If you leave it in your car it is a felony to be on the campus.
>>
>>32945595
Seriously just don't bring the fucking gun to class

if youre scared of fratboys, just dont join a frat. if youre scared of pajeets and niggers, just stay in your Liberal Arts department. if you're scared of being raped, stop being a woman. if there's some legal issue with you leaving a gun unattended in a public place, then, like, just don't do that. either keep it on you and get the cops called on you (since apparently you're somewhere gun-unfriendly enough that it'll be a thing) or be a normal human being in the west and stop being paranoid about being double-murdered by the national guard because liberal coups or whatever for literally two days out of the week.
>>
>>32945595
see
>>32945549

>>32945641
>if youre scared of pajeets and niggers, just stay in your Liberal Arts department.
Project harder.
>>
>OP is literally so scared of everything that he can't be without his gun for five minutes without thinking something bad will happen to him

Do you sleep with the thing, too? Hopefully you'll blow your head off in your sleep by accident while you're clutching it like a teddy bear.

Unless you go mouthing off to people "I have a gun in my backpack!" no one is going to know it's there, you moron. But since you say shit like >>32945328 you're probably too stupid to refrain from shouting to everyone that you have a gun and just wish a nigga would so you can make like Zimmerman and start the race war or whatever bullshit.
>>
>>32945700
>/k/
>the anti-CC board
>>
>>32945733
Whatever kind of CTR2.0 bs that's starting to seep in from /pol/ and reddit needs to either leave or start posting timestamps with a rifle and an "I am not a paid shill" note
>>
>>32945740
>an "I am not a paid shill" note
Hot new /pol/ meme, man. You should try that with your classmates once you're done muzzle sweeping them.
>>
>>32945298
Far leftist places are where I'm the most afraid for my life.

I've been attacked more times in California and New York in a few months than in 23 years all around the world.

Do you know why leftists want to disarm everyone and strip away all your rights?

It's because then they know you can't defend yourself and can attack, harm, kill, or oppress you any way they like.

Unless it's completely illegal I will always carry on a campus because when people think you're an easy victim, they'll always target that first.

(Schools are always shot up instead of police stations for a reason)
>>
>>32945245

In a lot of states with established gun control, anytime a weapon is within reach, out of sight, and not in its locked case it is considered concealed.
>>
>>32945764
>I've been attacked more times in California and New York in a few months than in 23 years all around the world.
Maybe it's because you're an asshole who goes around waving a gun at people while shouting "You're a cuck! Fucking shills!" repeatedly.

>(Schools are always shot up instead of police stations for a reason)
Speak for yourself; where i live, there've been two school shootings **ever** but my local cop shop has to replace its windows yearly because people keep throwing bricks through them.

School shootings and other ~Active Shooter Situations~ are rare in general, too, and you're a paranoid idiot for thinking they're an actual threat in your life. Especially since, as was already said, if you go around waving a gun and trying to be a hero in that kind of situation, the cops aren't going to know you're a Le Gud Guy W/ A Gun :^) and just demolish you with automatic rifle fire.
>>
>>32945750
Proceed to show me that I'm being a flustered autistic and give me what I want so you can feel smug
>>
File: 1484163917501.jpg (110KB, 1440x1080px)
1484163917501.jpg
110KB, 1440x1080px
>>32945245
Read your state's laws instead of asking for information of dubious quality by strangers on an anonymous image board, you god damn mong.
>>
>>32945796
TIMESTAMP
NOW
>>
Illegal. Carry anyway. Shall not be infringed.
>>
File: 1452053134082.gif (495KB, 250x375px)
1452053134082.gif
495KB, 250x375px
>>32945826

>becoming familiar with your state's laws

But then OP wouldn't have his troll thread.
>>
>>32945796
I've never had to point my gun at someone before, every single time I've been assaulted or had people try to kill me in Cali or NY was completely unprovoked while I was minding my own business.

Your completely hostile and antagonistic sort of mentality is exactly why I carry all the time because people like you are one step away from attacking others just for existing.

You're a dangerous lunatic and guns protect me from people like you.
>>
>>32945848
>>32945829
>>32945805

>autisti/k/ day/k/are nerd gets bumped out of the way on the sidewalk

>"I WAS ATTACKED VISCIOUSLY AND BRUTALLY BY THE VILE SEE TEE ARR PAID SHILL OF THE GLOBAL ZIONIST FRANKENSTIN CONTROL DOWN IN THAT VIOE COMMUNIST GANGSTER MIMETIC MAGIC NIGGER INFESTED NOGUNS NOFREEDOM NOHOPE COMMUNIST GANGSTER STATE. IN THIS VILE NIGGER TOWN OLD HOUSE * I * S T A N D * A L O N E * AGAINST THE MIMETIC FRANKENSTIEN CONTROLS WHERE THOSE ATF CRONIES THEY BEAT ME RAW BEAT ME BLOODY WITH FLASHLIGHTS CONCEALED LASER TACTICAL UZI PENS AND EVEN POISON NERVE GAS FROM THE PAID SHILL REPOSITORY. SEND MONEY, INFORMATION, MANUAL TYPEWRITERS AND TIMESTAMPED PHOTOGRAPHY TO 1336 SANTA CARLOS ROAD, SANTA-MONICA OF NEW YORK CITY STATE"
>>
File: 1363029052622.png (318KB, 480x480px)
1363029052622.png
318KB, 480x480px
>>32945796
>>32945700
Wow, good thing school shooters are the only violent crime that happen on campuses.
There are no muggings or anything else at all, especially at night!

Don't forget, every university in the US is a massive complex that only students are allowed on, there are certainly no universities that are tucked away into cities.
Expanded parking lots that extend well off campus into neighborhoods? Those don't exist!

Thank god literally the only thing I have to worry about is school shootings, nothing else at all ever happens.
>>
>>32945298
So that he can shoot people like (you)
>>
>>32945848
>You're a dangerous lunatic
I'm not the one that feels the need to carry a gun to class
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 500x501px)
image.jpg
43KB, 500x501px
>>32945851
It's too early for this level of bullshit.
>>
>>32945867
And yet I've never pointed it at anyone or had to discharge it before and have no intentions to unless my life is in immediate danger.
>>
Should have known better than to ask /k/ a question about firearm regulations.
Don't forget that only like 5% of the people here actually own guns.
>>
>>32945853
>Thank god literally the only thing I have to worry about is school shootings,
you're the one that brought it up m8

>muggings
have fun being murdered as you fish for your gun. do you think niggas just roll up from exactly 21.00001 feet away and just stand there? if someone wants to kill you for whatever reason, they're just going to do it, and if they wanna mug you, they're going to get close enough that they can easily stab/shoot you if you react in a way they dont like
>>
File: 20160718_100002.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px)
20160718_100002.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>32945245
>tfw I have a huge backpack
>tfw I want to carry a Sub2000
>tfw my College allows CCWs

Guess I am stuck with my .25 Dad bought me when I moved out untill I get funds.
>>
>>32945893
>you're the one that brought it up m8
Where did I bring that up you autistic fuck?

I said absolutely nothing about school shootings, do you think every single person in the thread besides you is the same person?

>have fun being murdered as you fish for your gun. do you think niggas just roll up from exactly 21.00001 feet away and just stand there? if someone wants to kill you for whatever reason, they're just going to do it, and if they wanna mug you, they're going to get close enough that they can easily stab/shoot you if you react in a way they dont like
You have to be a europoor with an attitude like that, willing to put money on it.
>>
>>32945887
I'm secure enough to go to places unarmed because I'm fairly certain I'm not going to start shit for no reason, and also fairly sure that no one else around is going to start shit with me for no reason, because I'm not a nigger gangbanger who sells drugs nor am I a crazed psycho who's going to murder a guy over fightin' words

Yet you insist on bringing a gun to class in case of some boogeyman attacking you, and are so distressed by it not being on your person that you can't even put it in a bag near you but not on you without second-guessing the decision.

Who's the lunatic here?
>>
>>32945954
It is better to have it and not need it. Plus /k/ is the easiest board to troll. 7/10 bait. Made me speak my mind.
>>
>>32945954
>Yet you insist on bringing a gun to class in case of some boogeyman attacking you, and are so distressed by it not being on your person that you can't even put it in a bag near you but not on you without second-guessing the decision.
He's not even OP you fucking retard, Jesus Christ how can people not tell even the most basic typing differences.

How the hell have you survived on an anonymous board for over like 6 months?
I stand by what I said, you are a europoor hands down.
>>
>>32945298
>niggers

Should sum up his reasons.
>>
>>32946005
>paranoia and racism

>>>/pol/
>>>/x/
>>
>>32946025
>anon says niggers
>it ain't racists
>quote what he says
>racist

Gee thanks.
>>
File: k at blm rally.jpg (90KB, 600x800px)
k at blm rally.jpg
90KB, 600x800px
CTR and Ironic Shitposters need not reply
Keep it moving >>>/pol/
>>
>>32945245
Well let's consider the facts here:

+Carrying a weapon
+Not openly displayed on your hip
+Weapon is concealed in a bag
+Weapon is likely not in a locked box in order to facilitate drawing it should the need arise

You decide, but I'll give you a spoiler: I suggest you have a CCL first if you plan on doing something like this.
>>
>>32945504
Where do you go to school where you can carry on campus? That's rad op I'm jelly
>>
Whether it's legal and whether it's permitted are two different things. At many universities it's not illegal to lawfully carry a weapon (meaning with a CCW or under constitutional-carry), but it's typical for carrying a weapon of any kind to be a violation of the Student Code of Conduct which sets you up for indefinite suspensions or other punishments if someone catches you. That's how it is at the university I work at, and I believe our governor is trying to make it a crime for state employees to be armed at all while on the job.
>>
>>32945298
>people falling for this high quality bait
>>
File: 1475265520306.png (969KB, 2088x1632px)
1475265520306.png
969KB, 2088x1632px
>>32945245
On my campus and in my state (Kansas), backpack carry is considered concealed carry. We have constitutional carry here though, so any lawful citizen over 21 can carry concealed. Starting July 1st, we can also carry concealed on all public campuses.

Feels pretty damn good to be in a conservative state.

>pic related
>the left one was put up by professors all over campus
>the right one was made by myself and /k/ and has been put up by college Republicans
>>
>>32945245
>>32946351
My campus rules expect you to keep the backpack within reach. If you have a gun it must be under your control.
>>
The responses to this are funny. /k/ is so full of terrified Amerifats.
>>
>>32946396
I don't carry a gun, but the reasoning that the only reason I'd want to is because I'm terrified of the world around me is absurd.

3/10 weak bait but I couldn't stop from responding.
>>
>>32946351
nice picture.
I like how you included cites while the professors didn't.
>>
>>32945245

If you can't see the gun, it's considered concealed you stupid fuck. Don't ask us for advice, go talk to a local lawyer. For some one who is in school, you're a dumb ass.
>>
>>32946418
>call an argument absurd
>that's the full scope of your argument
Damn dude, sure showed me
>>
File: 1480570888698.png (104KB, 266x400px)
1480570888698.png
104KB, 266x400px
>>32945401
I can't believe i'm advocating this but, apendix carry maybe.

I don't and probably never will appendix carry. My solution was to start buying Large Tall T-shirts instead of large. XL just made me feel like a chimp0.
>>
>>32946812
He did. Now crawl back into your liberal arts building and continue wasting the resources of everyone around you.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.