[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Innawoods D&D #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: stopreadingthispls.jpg (224KB, 349x644px) Image search: [Google]
stopreadingthispls.jpg
224KB, 349x644px
Get your hopes up edition

In an earlier thread for innawoods.net, I mentioned that I might build a game that uses those sprites, and model it very closely to D&D

I've been putting some time into it lately, and I know some of you are interested so here you go.

The game is currently intended to use the images and sprites from the innawoods website, which they conveniently have their assets available. However these images are intended for use with character sheets only, the actual game (as with real D&D) will be texted based for simplicity's sake.

As with D&D, you will be able to build your own campaigns, people will be able to post campaigns online, etc. Local multiplayer will be available, but very likely not online.

Right now, I'm designing it for Android 4.0.3 and higher. I haven't written a whole lot of code yet, so if you want me to switch to Windows (probably C++), let me know now

Either way, the source code will become available eventually, so people can change it however they want.

I'll post these threads from time to time when there's something worth updating. I'm a full time civil engineering major, so if the project goes quiet i'm probably just busy.

AMA
>>
>>32764151
>>>/qst/
>>>/tg/
>>
>>32764151
I hope you get sued
>>
bumping for people that care
>>
>>32764151
Bumping because I want this so bad.
>>
File: Mr Anderson.jpg (128KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
Mr Anderson.jpg
128KB, 680x650px
>>
File: I'mreallyfuckingpoor.jpg (148KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
I'mreallyfuckingpoor.jpg
148KB, 680x650px
>>
I'll fund it
>>
id play it if you made it a free app some where for PC, then we could have /k/: the game
>>
>>32766078
well, I guess it would be more accessible if I did it for windows instead of android.

Easier to read-write files too. Yeah I'll do that
>>
>>32766396
How far along are you?
>>
>>32766396
You can always emulate it on PC tho
>>
>>32766534
I have most of it fleshed out in my notebook (a lot of it was research on DnD), and I know how I want to implement it.

But for code, I've pretty much just started, especially since I swapped over to C++

>>32766583
in theory, but I haven't had good experience with that desu. in Android Studio, the emulated stuff runs slow as hell
>>
>>32766679
If you're looking for an rpg to get some modern equipment rules for look up the coming for myfarog. It's like $5 and has a ton of cool rules for modern day and post apocalyptic roleplay.
>>
>>32766720
https://www.amazon.com/Coming-MYFAROG-Varg-Vikernes/dp/1534911642
>>
>>32764319
DnD has an open gaming license, and I doubt innawoods would sue anybody.
>>
>>32766396
i return to the thread after and find this, you warm my heart. now we all can soon live out our camping/post-apocalyptic fetishes together
>>
>>32767441
I'm just excited to see something finally happening with this game.
>>
>>32766720
> myfarog
> /pol/shit: the game
> by a fucking poser named Christian
> so edgelord he renamed himself wolf
Fuck off Christian. Stop shilling your shit game.
>>
>>32764151
Sounds fun, anon
>>
>>32764151
I was actually doing something similar for a while back in October, but it was a pen-and-paper version as opposed to a video game

Sounds neat, good luck with it
>>
>>32768428
>>32764151
Also I should note that I essentially have skill lists and data tables for most of the weapons and gear, might be shit tier but I can give them to you if you want and see if they can be used.

Was basing my concept around pathfinder for the most part, but ended up deviating off of that idea.
>>
>>32768361
You sound a bit offended m8.
>>
>>32769399
He shits up/ tg/ with his piss poor game design and godawful /pol/ack faggotry. I don't need his pasty cuck euro trash ass here too.
>>
File: ufukkenwutm8.jpg (122KB, 895x536px) Image search: [Google]
ufukkenwutm8.jpg
122KB, 895x536px
My my my how times have changes...
>>
http://imgur.com/fnNyp3p

some anon made this a while back
>>
Dont use D&D for your rule and combat modeling. Use Unisystem or some sort of generic combat RPG.

D&D sucks ass.
>>
Is this going to be something like STALKER with mutated enemies based around real-world creatures (and some different advances) or will it have more fantastical enemies like D&D?
>>
>>32771542
Right now i have these types, which will have subtypes:

Prey, predator, human, machine, cryptid

Im hoping to make it so that you can define your own, but the difficulty in that comes from trying to make it easy to add.

The easiest way for me would be for you guys to just add a couple source files to the code and recompile it, but that doesnt make for a very user friendly program.

The downside is the only other way i can think of would be to read the characters from a text file, but then you cant really implement special methods into those character types
>>
>>32771542
With that thought, i should probably add mutant to the list
>>
>>32771638
>>32771610
If I knew how to code properly I'd be all for helping something like this
>>
>>32771610
Oh if i build a general method and read the method parameters from a text file, that method can be used for all the special cases

Probably

It would mean building a second program just for making characters and campaigns
>>
>>32769451
>Varg Vikernes
>Cuck

Nice b8 m8
>>
File: IDontOwnAnyGunsYet.jpg (175KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
IDontOwnAnyGunsYet.jpg
175KB, 680x650px
Threw something together, I think it's close to what I'd be able to get IRL except for the 1014 and Makarov.
>>
>>32773359
You're so afraid of Jews and The Coloreds that you have to give yourself a mechanical advantage over them in your piss poor excuse for a game of pretend. There's nothing more beta than that. Fuck off Christian. You're shit and your game is shit.
>>
>>32764151

A few ppl already beat you to the punch. You should google or.
>>
>>32773723
I'm kind of flattered that you think I'm Varg lol.
>>
>>32773818
> flattered to be mistaken for that faggot

Play cuck games, win cuck prizes.
>>
>>32773723
>itwasrealinmymind.txt

Jesus Christ shlomo, cool your nips.
>>
>>32768571
Sounds like it might be useful, if you post it I would definitely take a look at it
>>
>>32766977
>innawoods
I would. It's their intellectual property.
>>
File: IMG_2208.jpg (198KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2208.jpg
198KB, 680x650px
>there's no triangle stock ak or fnx tactical

Close enough
>>
>>32773918
Went and found them on google, if anything you should look at the guns, aside from accuracy, armor pen, damage and fire rate it's accurate to real-world information. Some of it was just arbitrary things I threw in.

As for skills, it's broken up into three portions; base skills, guncraft skills and profession skills. Should be easy enough to figure out based on what's written down.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Classes/Skills:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tem3lCF0s8xyRwY5o6cqhKibD2pHCLUpEQ4vaKLpC50/edit?usp=sharing

Gun datasheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nTd4pzUjS1ho1ltKaSfUcBTMlSt_ZOio8sAJoDBMGrk/edit?usp=sharing

If you'd like for me to continue working on this and then send a completed version let me know, I have time now that I got my hardest semester over.

Also input is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>32774345
Why is the M1 garand less powerful than the m1 carbine?
>>
>>32774577
Again, arbitrary. This was from before I started to pay more attention to guns, and just put down numbers to be honest. Learned a lot since then.

Lots of it is subject to change.
>>
>>32773908
Spoken like someone who hasn't read that fucking dumpster fire of an rpg.
>>
just make it a conversion of d&d.

use this:
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd
>>
>>32768117
soon enough we could have online, and i could just ducttape my way outa anything. but ive always wanted a play-your-way apocalyptic game other than Fallout.
>>
>>32764151
OP here with a change in plans

I don't think that the DnD platform is a good pick to transfer to the computer, because the computer by its very nature will limit the choices you can make so much

Of course, it could always look similar to other text adventure games...

I propose this alternative: a game-type change to be more like Don't Starve, and a related platform change to Unity (still Windows). Unity is chosen because it's really easy to build games in, and I've used it before

Regarding keeping it a text-based game:
Pros:
-It will be simpler, and therefore be released more quickly (quick, in this case, is relative).
-It would have the advantage of writefags being able to give things nice descriptions
Cons:
-When somebody makes a campaign, they have to consider every available option in advance, and write it in accordingly (like a Choose-your-own-adventure). This means that choice for the player would be inevitably limited.
-The only graphics would be from the innawoods.net assets (basically the inventory screen).

Cont.
>>
>>32775600

Regarding the possible change
Pros:
-Would be real time, and could move freely in an environment.
-The game would be intuitive in the sense that you can immediately make sense of your surroundings without reading a block of text.
-Instead of user-made blocks of text with plot and objectives, it would have user-made maps with plot and objectives.
Cons:
-I would have to learn to draw in a similar artstyle to innawoods.net (and I'm a terrible artist with limited tools). The problem with working with another individual with respect to this is that, if they lose interest, the project could lose a lot of progress.
-It would take longer to finish, relatively. How much longer? Hard to say. Somewhere between 0% and 30% longer is a rough guess.

Vote which you would rather see, with these things in mind (It's not an ultimatum, but I'll weigh it heavily when I take it into account):

htt
ps://go
o.gl/form
s/lAPkmZU
M97YQ4
Jig1
>>
bump for the issue about platform, i've gotten one response so far
>>
File: sciencegoingtoofar.jpg (146KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
sciencegoingtoofar.jpg
146KB, 680x650px
Here, have my shitty design for some scientist out to kill his experiments.
>>
mite b cool
>>
>I try to flank the towelheads while they're suppressed
>You cannot use Flanking until tactics level 13
sigh
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.