[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice for a person joining the air force reserves? Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
Any advice for a person joining the air force reserves? Just got back from my first DTF and i figure /k/ would have some constructive input on what i could expect during BMT or my aircraft hydrolics tech school
>>
>>32743436
>chair force
>chair force reserve at that
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/hm/
>>
>>32743455
Jej
>>
>>32743436
Kek
Mur-een here, tip, don't be a bitch, shit ain't that hard. Pretty much it, don't be a bitch, run a lot.
>>
>>32743455
>>32743503

Army fag checking in here pretty much what these two said
>>
>>32743436
1. You fucked up
2. You really fucked up
3. Prepare to play the least productive of fuckfuck games at Basic under the watch of Battle-hardened Campaign Hats who tasted the salt of the battlefield from their Comm Focal Point desks.
4. Graduate from a useless 2 month summercamp in SanAntonio (just had a mall shooting btw, lovely place) move to beautiful More-Oklahoma-Than-Texas Sheppard AFB in the assend of nowhere to play more fuckfuck games and count how many of your chucklefuck brethren catch Sexual Assault accusations
5. Prepare to be hated and reviled by everyone on Active Duty
6. Enjoy your useless fucking station in life
7. Remember that you will forever be a fluffer for the pilots.
8. If for whatever reason any of the training or PT seems impossible or difficult at any time, do humanity a favor and just kill yourself.

9. If you seriously at any point thought that Aircraft Mx in the AirForce was the best way for you to serve your country, you should probably kill yourself anyway.

>see what im getting at is that you should probably kill yourself. either way, get used to having suicidal thoughts. it'll make your inevitable transition easier
>>
>>32744042
On second thought, i just saw that you misspelled 'Hydraulics'.

Save UncleSam the 400 Grand payout to your fat wife and kill yourself now
>>
>>32744067
I dont have a fat wife im still in high school
>>
>>32743554
>Army
>Ain't ready to be a Marine yet

You're not hard, kid.
>>
Thought about joining the Navy soon, does that make me a faggot?
>>
>>32743436
Go to the containment general, its entire purpose is to prevent people from making this thread 1000 times a day.

Check the catalog before you make threads.
>>
>>32748263
Thanks
>>
>>32745810
I'm super fuckin hard
>>
>>32748254

That's literally the homo containment branch
>>
>>32743436
BMT is dumb. You'll be with a bunch of 18 year old retards from all over the country, many of whom are the lowest gutter trash with attitudes to match. You'll hurry up and wait a lot. All trainees are reminded to drink 1/2 to 3/4 canteen per hour not to exceed 12 canteens per day.
Memorize the airmans creed before you go.
Memorize the Air Force song before you go.
The best advice for BMT is to RUN.
Work out, get in good shape now. Run at least two miles three times a week, do lots of sit ups and push ups and crunches three times a week, take a rest day. That will be your BMT routine, so practice it.

Other than that get used to standing around not talking a lot. It's dumb honestly. Tech school is a fuck fest and you'll have to march for a while. I can't really comment because every base has their own rules which frequently change. I was at goodfellow and never had to march anywhere
>>
>>32744067
>>32744042
Kek these.

Don't go on FB afterwards and go HURRSURR LOL NONNERS EVERYWHERE.
Nobody gives a fuck about MX, they have to fluff themselves constantly so they don't kill themselves
>>
>>32743436
Chair Force is cool if you are a gearhead. Ignore the haters completely and ignore anyone not an experienced AF maintainer. Ignore the shitposting because nothing could matter less than what others not in your world think of you. That's not part of your working reality at all. Bantz on 4chan mean nothing. The few times you'll interface with other services will be job related and chill.

Active duty folks IRL don't revile the Reserves and many are trying to angle jobs there. You'll work with a lot of highly experienced technicians because Reserve careers are so long. Think "career" from the start. Calmly pick brains about best career moves and learn how to navigate the system early on. Always look for a variety of opinions and info. Your peers won't know shit either so filter their advice with caution.

Anyone who thinks aircraft maintenance is hard work is an utter pussy. I was comm/nav ("avionics", shit gets renamed every few years), engines and crew chief which included flightline hydraulics and none of those were difficult.

Reserves is a good deal because you get a human network of people long established in the local community. Don't be shy. You can often make rank faster in the Reserves so learn EVERYTHING about how to progress. That way if a slot opens you can snag it.

Get good at hydraulic and electronic theory of operation so you get good at troubleshooting. Keep an eye out for crosstraining opportunities because if your unit has a slot to fill they might choose you for it. Gorge on all the training you can get. You won't be ready for Gold Flag as a young Airman but if your base has that program get familiar.

Also get to know your base AFETS people once you are established. They like educating people and more Airmen and NCOs should take advantage of what they can do to help you.

Save hard copies of all your medical records, LES, and any deployment orders forever.

Ignore unhappy maintainers. They are pussies or picked the wrong job
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.