[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on airsoft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0501.jpg (103KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0501.jpg
103KB, 600x600px
What are your thoughts on airsoft?
>>
Faggy but I'd try with friends
>>
>>32634410
They're practically real soldiers and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
>>32634410
you'll end up spending more on a toy gun than a real gun
>>
Fun game for the kiddies. People who take it way too seriously are fucking gay though.
>>
Why would you wear all that shit?

If I was into airsoft I'd want to do street battles and cops vs robbers or gang warfare. Especially if your weapons only have a range of like 50m.

Seems like using Krinkovs and UZIs and pistols while dressed in street clothes would be way more fun than milsim.
>>
>>32634442
Nah

>>32634445
Is 23 too old to do it?
>>
>>32634449
It's why milsim paintball is more fun.

And yes, >>32634445 anyone who takes this shit seriously is a huge fag. It's a game to be played not a lifestyle.
>>
>>32634410
Could be fun. I probably wouldn't want to invest much more than a good gun, cheap chest rig, and a mask.

People seem to take the milsim stuff too seriously though.
>>
>>
You know it may be fun, but all that dressing up is silly.
>>
Its pretty fun. i only ever played with friends inna woods though
>>
>>32634410
Fun sport enjoyed by young and old that shouldn't an any way be conceived as training for any sort of real life tactical situation. I don't play it though.
>>
pretty gay but fun
>>
>>>/toy/

When will you kids learn
>>
>>32634410
>>>/asp/
You have your own thread there airshitter.
>>
Prtetty good, if you live in a facist european state where it's difficult to get an actual weapon and even more dificult to participate in IPSC or something similar.But anyone who vlues airsoft over real guns is a faggot.
>>
Its what got me into real guns so it has a special place in my heart. milsim is kinda gay tho
>>
>>32634410
American fields are all full of complete faggot 10 year olds that think that they are playing IRL COD or some shit.

Europeans seem to know what they are doing, and treat it like a real sport. Not combat, but a sport. If it was like that in the US it would be a lot better.
>>
>>32634460
>Nah
Airsoft mosin used to be 10x the price of the real thing
>>
>>32636065

>Europeans seem to know what they are doing, and treat it like a real sport. Not combat, but a sport. If it was like that in the US it would be a lot better.

you best be joking nigger

- eurofag who worked 2 years in hobby store specializing in airshit
>>
>>32634410
I don't really have any. Some participants are pretty annoying, but then so are Glock/CZ/10mm/et al. fanboys. I suppose if I had friends that were interested I would give it a try.

I do not understand why it gets brought up on /k/ so often. It seems like we have better boards for that.
>>
Haven't tried it but youtube leads me to believe the average player is 12 years old.
If I had a group of adults to throw down with I'd give it a shot.
>>
File: 1483718562242.png (1MB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
1483718562242.png
1MB, 1280x851px
>>32636065

Only because serious people in America get guns and create decent firearms groups.

Europeans that are serious about guns are limited to air guns. That's why Euro airsoft is full of real grown men, while US airsoft is either kids or bottom-of-the-barrel retards who can't get into guns.
>>
>>32634410

>go on exchange trip to Germany
>my student is relatively uncucked. Wanted to join the KSK, liked guns. Practiced Judo and BJJ (took him shooting when he came to America and he loved it)
>his friends are cool too, one is a typical nazi metalhead
>others are just normal krauts who like airsoft
>he invites me to come with him to play airsoft in a greenbelt
>Go with him to U-bahnhoff
>Him and his friends all have duffel bags
>Arrive at greenbelt, he and his friends kit up into full camoflage gear with PC's, high-end G3/G36 airsofts and the Nazi guy has a stahlhelm
>They realize no one brought kit for me, and obviously I'm not gonna drop what little cash I have on airshit I can't even take back to the US
>they had me a spring-powered Sig P226 and a face mask
>k
>Proceed to crawl through underbrush for hours
>While they're all encumbered my large guns and bulky gear, I'm flying through the brush with my track pants and pistol like a nigger on bam-bam
>They eventually corner me in a rusted-out car, I go out like clyde sans bonnie
>>
File: never forget MP.net.jpg (39KB, 490x233px) Image search: [Google]
never forget MP.net.jpg
39KB, 490x233px
>>32634410
I miss militaryphotos.net, where the most autistic airsoft fags would come to ground.
>>
>>32634410
I wish there was some kind of WW2 reenacting mixed with combat that used high-quality full-metal airsoft guns
>>
>>32634410

Stupid As Fuck

the military and law enforcement both have systems for real firearms that can shoot paint markers (higher velocity paintballs) and they should be using that shit instead for training.

It only takes a lighter recoil spring to make it function properly, armourer can change those out for a training exercise.

slightly cringeworthy on the edge of lethal but that makes training more realistic, and with the kind of ballistic facemasks they have these days the risk for a face shot is pretty low

Also means youd have to wear your normal gear and armor for safety.

> ----------
> toys for grown up boys

Either go shoot Paintball or get an actual BB or Pellet gun that does damage, for fuck's sake damit...

My Face When

We should be making higher powered .22 Pellet Guns that look like the real thing and use higher pressure cartridges so people can have an (~effective) weapon that isn't a firearm.
>>
>>32634410
I have so much fun playing it that I'm convinced the only people who haven't tried it haven't fired real guns or airsoft markers, and/or are the type of stuck up asshole who are on 4chan just because they're always brimming with irritation
>>
>>32636310

See how many airsoft clubs behave and you would understand why some call them infantile
>>
>>32636318
Holy grammatical errors Batman
>>
The kids who play the sport and think they're .mil because they hit the field once or twice a month, but I'd legit say a well-trained, squared away milsim team could give any real military SOF team at least a run for their money. Those guys are fucking demons, I've played with some before. Fucking ungodly grasp of tactics, maneuvering, teamwork, etc. The real serious ones hit the field multiple times a week for hours just running scrimmages/force-on-force shit all day. I've seen guys with actual army infantry/marine experience walk on the field thinking they'll dominate, and then get destroyed every round because the milsim guys just have so much time actually on the field compared to what the military guys have. I shudder to think what would happen if ISIS goatfuckers had half as much knowledge as milsim dudes.
>>
>>32634410
I like to run around wearing kit. It gives it purpose and I like playing with anything firearm related.

People who take it too seriously suck though.
>>
>>32636318
paintball is more fun desu senpai
>>
Fun when fucking around, shouldnt be taken to seriously, but if you want to milsim do milsim, dont go to general admission airsoft. Me and some buddies do it once or twice a year and its pretty neat.
>>
Flooded with autistic man children and cowadooty 10 year olds.

Also, this board was made for you to stop posting airsoft on /k/.
>>>/asp/
>>
>>32634554
This is ironic, right?
>>
I used to hate on it like most of /k/ usually does every time of these threads popped up.
But about a month ago I was invited to play by some new friends, so I gave it a try.
Yeah, kids play it. And so do some too-tactical-for-you adults who could have been a SEAL, they just didn't want to. The game itself is really fun though. I've only gone twice and I'd like to go some more, but it's hard to justify buying a toy gun that cost as much as a new optic or several hundred rounds of ammo...
>>
>>32634410
it's fun enough but only inside
in the woods it's disappointingly shit
>>
>>32636640
You have to build some fortifications, keep boundaries small, have shifting areas, or have three plus teams to keep things exciting in the woods.
>>
I've done it a few times. It's pretty fun with an AR and a chinkcom rig
>>
>>32634410

Britbong here, my friend and I are planning on doing it later this year, seems like it could be a laugh. Got a chinese AR & a Hi Power, gonna nab a rig and some goggles and go all militia.

Going all camo-fag is stupid though. If I enjoy it, gonna gucci-out my AR, because it's as close as I'm getting to the real deal!
>>
>>32636235
I miss it too. I used to check that site every day for new photos. The mods were dicks though, desu.
>>
Airsoft gun that fires only 30 BB's via gas so you have actual limited ammunition is rather fun. Makes thing more tactical. Cheapo milsurp and you are good to go.
>>
>>32636576
>could have been a SEAL, they just didn't want to.
at least thats what they tell themselves.

go outside and set yourself on fire.
>>
>>32637280
No, that's what they tell everybody else, and of course they're full of shit. They think lying to the younger kids there will make them cooler or something.
Last time I was there I overheard a conversation of some scrawny 5ft nothing guy saying how he already had a contract to be a SEAL after high school. I kind of feel bad for someone who is that unaware of how stupid he makes himself look.
>>
>>32634410
I enjoy it quite a lot actually.
>>
>>32636464
i love how he flops to the ground like hes actually dying
>>
>>32636424
In a way it is. Cheaper in the short run.
>>
daily reminder that all you faggots saying that buying all that gear is "wasted money" are the same faggots who post their 900 dollar range rig in gear queer threads.

Daily reminder that instead of buying gear for airsoft and different gear for onnarange is unheard of because everyone just transfers their real mags and ammo for airsoft mags and ammo onto the same rig unless you are retarded
>>
>>32634410
>>>/asp/
>>
File: sab-shield.jpg (147KB, 863x485px) Image search: [Google]
sab-shield.jpg
147KB, 863x485px
I like the shows based off of it.
>>
>>32636464
Their heads swivel like meerkats.
>>
Never played it but I own a pair of airshit guns and I enjoy watching gameplay videos on YouTube sometimes.
>>
>>32636366
This.

Used to play milsim, had ex-military and LEOs in my team and opposing ones.
Of course it's nothing like the real deal, does not prepare you to actually get really shot at, or have the mindset to overcome a hit, or a friend dying in front of you. Also, outside games sucked because of the range.

When it comes to CQB tho, I think it's a good addition to an existing training.
You avoid a lot of training scars because here , the target's shoot back.

Ie, you learn that a dynamic entry on barricated, ready people is only Hollywood shit, and that you'd get rekt using that IRL.
Stuff that a lot of people training against paper can't learn unless told.

So yeah, it does not make you a SEAL, but :
-Takes you outside
-Makes you move your ass
-Makes you practice basic weapons manipulation
-Makes you practice moving around with said weapon
-Gets you a bunch of bros that probably hasfuns too
-You get to work on a squad scales tactics, and get immediate in-action feedback on what works best.
-Gets you to learn how to use a radio

Still better than shitposting on /k/
>>
>>32636518
I think that specific image was made as a joke, but fuck there are some people that take it way too seriously, making the message not exactly unbelievable.
>>
>>32636464
>filename
>>
airsoft is okay, the community just sucks... not everywhere but in most places yep.
>>
>>32634410
Went once with a buddy of mine who happened to get into it after getting a pamphlet from the marine core. The idea and concept behind it is pretty cool. Realistic guns, non lethal etc. But the problems with it are that you can't guarantee someone has been hit or you have been hit. Simply wearing heavy clothing will make it so you don't feel shit. People also just straight up lie that they didn't get hit. And some older fellas take it way too seriously. I went when I was 19, 6 years ago. Another teen got into a fist fight with a 40 year old man, after the 40 year old man started a fight with him because he refused to leave the game after getting hit like 12 times in the face.
>>
File: manlet sighting.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
manlet sighting.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>32636464
I can't help but laugh at this every time I see it.
>>
File: kek.jpg (46KB, 600x632px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
46KB, 600x632px
>>32636217
>I'm flying through the brush with my track pants and pistol like a nigger on bam-bam
maximum kek
>>
>>32641950
Forgot too add. Just do paintball. Funner, cheaper, easier to play, can still practice tactics with.
>>
File: stretch before operating.jpg (167KB, 980x752px) Image search: [Google]
stretch before operating.jpg
167KB, 980x752px
>>32636217
>>32641971
>pic related
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.