[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/-Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 29

File: image.jpg (149KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 600x677px
No time to template edition
>>
I'm enlisting within the next few days
wish me luck faggots
>>
>leaving for basic in a week
should be real interesting
>>
Europoor here, can I enlist if I arrived as a tourist and don't have a greencard?
How far could I get before they start asking questions?
>>
>>32602567
you would get nowhere as far as i know. i believe you need to at least have residency
>>
File: IMG_1524.gif (1MB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1524.gif
1MB, 250x197px
>>32602494
I predict your first duty station will be Drum.
>>
>>32602567
No you can't. They run criminal background checks before they take you that serious. So it'd ping you aren't even in the system.
>>
any of y'all pilots in the usaf? what were your PCSM and AFOQT scores?
>>
>>32602479

ood morning folks.

I have the opportunity to attend a four year university and the ROTC.

I'm not proud of it. I know I'll be essentially middle management butter bar piece of shit out if I make my commission, but I need to pay for college, and I would like to serve my country.

I have a strong understanding of history, language, culture and I'm a good writer in terms composition skills and analytics, basically working with people and data.

At least, that's what the aptitude tests stated.

Looking at that, I thought a HUMINT job would be right up my alley, but I'm definitely open to suggestions.
>>
>>32602499
leaving in two weeks.

You going to benning?
>>
>>32602499
>>32603218
7 days here
Navyfag gonna be in chicago
>>
Can I still be cool if I join the Air Force?
>>
File: 120720-G-BV859-405.jpg (27KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
120720-G-BV859-405.jpg
27KB, 500x333px
Will the local agency records check in a secret clearance investigation turn up employment applications to said local police departments?
>>
>>32603353
only if you actually fly or do the rare combat afsc
>>
>>32603215
You're looking at it wrong. How can you not be proud of something you haven't even tried nor achieved? You also need to contract with them before you even receive money. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Have you thought about instead enlisting after high school and going to college later with the G.I bill?
>>
>>32603353
PJ, CCT, fixed or rotary wing pilot or bust. If you want to go the pilot route and wannabe as mythical as Delta or DEVGRU put in a packet for the 160th
>>
>>32603819
Nvm that 160 recommendation, I forgot that's Army
>>
>>32603218
>>32603292
leaving for the air force. texas here i come
>>
How bad does the National Guard suck? Looking at 68W or armorer in an infantry unit in a big state.
>>
>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

wew
>>
Anyone know anywhere that does good MTP daysacks, all the ones on Amazon are BTP and I don't want to look like a mong on exercise
>>
If you don't go to college or anything how difficult would it be to become a pilot if at all? Helicopters or planes it doesn't matter much to me. Drones would be...meh.
>>
>>32602499
Same here. I'm going to fort benning in a week. Wish me luck famlams.
>>
>>32604111
You can apply for the army's warrant officer program. Otherwise you need a degree for helos and planes
>>
>>32604196
what do warrant officers do? are they ranked above enlisted but below commissioned?
>>
>>32604111
cant be a fixed-wing aircraft pilot if youre not an officer, cant be an officer if you didnt go to college and complete a degree. and the air force's drone program is limited to SNCOs right now i think
>>
>>32603896
Depends on the state. Honestly, you just better off going active duty.
>>
>>32603218
>>32603292
>>32604151
good luck anons
>>
>>32604196
Don't you need a degree at some point to even get to E-5, which is required to become a WO anyways?
>>
What entails being a paratrooper? Extra training and skydiving? I'm assuming they are pretty selective as well.
>>
>>32604111
As others have said you can go warrant, but it's really hard to go right in as a 153A. Not impossible, not unheard of (went to basic with someone who was doing that), but very difficult. It's way easier to enlist and after a few years in drop a warrant packet.

If you want to "fly" right now you can go 15W (UAV operator).
>>
File: 1481144272685.png (210KB, 699x432px) Image search: [Google]
1481144272685.png
210KB, 699x432px
>>32604338
You can be a dumb as a box of rocks and still make E-5 as long as you've got enough time served and don't have a pattern of fuckups (or one particularly egregious fuckup) on record..
>>
>>32604338
You don't need a degree to go warrant. Most warrant MOSs have some feeder enlisted MOS that you have to reach at least E-5 first before dropping a packet. Helicopter pilot is one of the few that doesn't
>>
>>32604246
Yes, but the Army's warrant officer program I'm talking about is specific only for helicopter pilot prospects. So you apply, go in as a WO1 and fly helos
>>
>>32604353
Just go to jump school. It's open to pretty much any MOS, but I'm pretty sure infantry and other combat MOS get preferential slotting.

It's literally just falling out of a plane and being taught how to hit the ground in a way that isn't going to break everything immediately.

Jumping out of planes with combat gear will totally break you, doing it right just delays the damage for about 10-15 years

>>32603353
Combat controllers and the other dudes who embed with actual combat units are basically somewhere in the "Badass operator" levels on the miltary scale of cool. Everyone else in the AF is a POG weenie of some sort, especially most of those Security Forces guys who are almost all embarrassing on the level of tactical mall cops. They're not as despised as, say, MPs, but they're pretty bad.
>>
>>32602479
I need to quit my toking and join the Navy or Air Force before I'm too old, /k/.
>>
>>32603569
Not the anon from before but in a similar position, I want to do an MOS that seems like a shitty paperwork for shekels position as an officer, how likely is it to actually get the G.I bill to work out well for me if I go straight out of school?
>>
>>32604246
Nobody actually knows what they do. It's rumored that they're somehow involved with the magical vehicles with the spinny parts that fly.

When encountering one in the wild, nobody knows how to act around them. Enlisted dudes aren't sure if they're supposed to salute or something, and are usually so shocked by the occurrence that we just end up sort of stopping and pointing, much like if you saw a dude in a soviet dress uniform covered in medals just casually walking around the base. Dude probably outranks you somehow or he's on important business, so it's best not to interfere.

Officers aren't sure where they stand on the pecking order of "Can I get away with fucking this guy's day up, or does he or his CO have the authority going to ruin my month for wasting this guy's time when he has more important things to do?" I've seen full bird colonels stand and stare with the same stunned confusion as an E-4.

They're goddamned unicorns, and if you're fast with your phone, maybe you can get photographic proof they actually exist.
>>
File: 1481425031100m.jpg (53KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1481425031100m.jpg
53KB, 1024x576px
>>32604569
Reading all this is really funny, because my oath officer in MEPS was a WO2. The literal first service member I met in my life as an enlisted was a WO. I figured they were more commonplace as a result.
>>
is the air force the only branch that still has the chevrons on the shoulders of the everyday uniform
>>
Hey /meg/, I'm going in on Thursday to do my medical examination at meps. I was wondering how thoroughly they check you asshole. I had a hemorrhoid removed and couldn't see any scarring when I squated over the mirror but I'm still nervous.
>>
>>32604775
they check for like half a second (at least where i went)
>>
>>32604775
If they ask what it is just say "huh? I never noticed anything on my asshole"
Just keep your body straight and keep the light away from it, don't bend
They glance at it for half second
>>
>>32602479
>no time to template
sage
>>
>>32604629
W1 and W2 stories are like "Oh yeah, I saw one on my last deployment."

W3 stories are "Shit dude, I was staggering back from a bar and I saw a guy that I thought was a 2LT with a wierd insignia, then when I realized what it was and turned around, he was GONE."

W4 sightings are "I know a guy who knows a guy in the same unit as a guy who got a picture of one!" and there's a jpg'd-to hell flip phone resolution photo of what what might be bigfoot wearing a W4 insignia somewhere in Iraq in 2004.
>>
>>32604775
As someone who gets hemorroids like a motherfucker (had some last night) and just went to MEPS under a month ago, you'll probably be fine as long as you aren't menstruating right when they check.
>>
>>32602479
Wannabe a grunt marine
How do I ensure my chances of going to somewhere dank like Hawaii or Europe?
Is it mostly luck of the draw?
>>
>>32605000
>Menstruating
I'm a guy
>>
>>32604569
Fort Rucker here, I can throw a rock and hit a warrant. WO-1s are the fucking privates here, all the shit details. Outside of aviation and watercraft warrants are generally advisers to hq elements or have battalion level responsibilities, hence you never seeing them or not knowing how to handle them. They do their own thing, in their own lane, and report to only a handful of people.

I was chatting with a lightsaber the other day while getting my registration renewed, neat fella.
>>
File: 1473510875399.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
1473510875399.gif
410KB, 221x196px
>Be European
>Join the army at age 22 because I wasn't doing anything else with my life
>Go through basic
>My life is now mostly safety briefs and drilling the same shit over again.

Do you US boys have more fun?
>>
>>32605266
No. This might change when we start invading countries again.
>>
What happens if you go through A-School but fail the TS clearance? This is navy btw
>>
Guys, I'm currently in physical therapy assistant school and was thinking of joining the Army Reserve or National Guard when I graduate. Anyone know what it's like being a 68F?
>>
File: me2.jpg (104KB, 663x747px) Image search: [Google]
me2.jpg
104KB, 663x747px
I just enlisted today as a 2A6X5 Aviation Hydraulics.

They wouldn't let me be a pilot for some reason.
>>
>>32605785
(you)
>>
>>32605785
>glasses
There's why
>>
>>32605785
[spoiler]It's because you're a straight, white male.
>>
File: smug nonon.png (106KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
smug nonon.png
106KB, 253x253px
>>32604960
i see multiple WO every day
i'm part of meddac tho so i see everything
>>
>>32605695
long ait, kinda shitty too unless you're prior service
knew a few guys that were going through the 68F course when i was in AIT cause like 5 different clinical mos go through IBAM together, and it was all reclasses
i don't think it's an actively recruited mos for guard/reserve though since the mos is so small
>>
>>32605095
I was joking. Bleeding out your ass, menstruating.
>>
>>32605695
In the guard it's probably great, you'll be in a med section where 9 out of 10 people will be doing their MOS on the civilian side as well, and thus knowledgeable and not total dipshits. If you're activated it'll most likely be to supplement at a base hospital than deploying somewhere obscure, depending on your unit.
>>
>>32604001
Now it's a legit /meg/, thank you anon
>>
What hearing tests do they conduct during meps?

would it be possible to get in with lots of hearing loss?
>>
>>32605095
>I'm autistic
>>
>>32606425
How bad is your hearing loss? Do you know the exact values?
>>
>>32606587
not off the top of my head, but one is 60% loss other is ~30% loss.

can carry most conversations normally
>>
>>32606425
They put you in a soundproof booth with headphones on and have you listen for beeps.
I dunno about the specific reqs though.
>>
Oy, I got a question lads. How do i make crunches easier? Im a big fella, and my max is like 20. I started doing them daily in sets of 10, but my problem is I bring my back all the way down. My recruiter says once my shoulder blades touch the ground but I just cant get it. Also, I find myself doing more when I'm a bit farther than closer. What's everyone's technique?
>>
>>32606619
I'm an audiology tech and from what I know you can't score past a 35 on the hearing test at any pitch, but the one at MEPS is the simplified version. The one at reception before you get to basic is the full test that actually scores from 250Hz->8kHz in both ears.

I don't think there are good chances for you with 60% HL; what's the cause?
>>
>>32603189
It literally doesn't matter as long as you don't score like in the like 20% past the minimum.

What really matters is how well you can convince whatever idiot is in charge of you at the time that you're competent at bossing around enlisted peasants. Leadership, a clean medical record and not being fucking retarded is all they care about. They couldn't care less how good of a pilot you actually are as long as you're not negligent, unless you're stupid enough to try and become a fighter pilot. They're fucking desperate for officers who'll stay on past Captain and take up administrative roles, since for the past few years everyone's been jumping ship as soon as it looks like they'll start having their flight time cut back to work for commercial airlines.
>>
>>32606649
We talking big as in bulky or fat?
Because being fat and doing situps is a pain in the dick and I would highly suggest losing some gut first.
>>
>>32605019

Its complete luck of the draw for your first enlistment. My ITB class was like 320 people, and everyone went to a Call or Hawaii unit except 9 of us. I was one of the 9 "lucky" ones that got sent to Lejeune.

If you reenlist you can usually choose your next duty station though
>>
>>32606649
Start doing crunches every day. I find if you roll into it starting with the lower back it's a little easier. When you practice crunches, do it with your heels against your ass. It'll make doing regular sit ups feel really easy.
>>
>>32604535
The rule's cut and dry that after two years of service you get full benefits, and most bosses when you've got a desk job couldn't care less if you do schoolwork on the clock as long as you do your work first, and aren't just using it as an excuse to shitpost.

t. Aircuck
>>
>>32606670
who knows, i think it was an ear infection from a swimming pool

thanks for the insight. i was thinking i could try to really focus and fake the test
>>
>>32606680
Im 216 6'1. Im bulky, a mix of both I guess. My run time is passing, Im shipping on pushups instead of pullups because I'm much better at pushups.

But would I be seeing progress if I do them daily? Or would they be easier?

>>32606692
Thats how i practice my crunches, ass to heels, but I get more with distance between my ass and heels. Would i still see gains with distance or no?
>>
>>32603424
What? Those words look like they go together but I can't understand what you are actually asking.
>>
>>32606508
I'm here so that's to be expected.
>>
>>32606731
generally the more distance between the ass and the heels the easier the sit up, but everyone proctor is gonna judge the max distance allowable differently. I would just keep doing the close sit up 100 times every three days, and lengthen the distance when you actually test for sit ups.
>>
>>32603215
>>32603215
Okay, first, I have gone through ROTC. I have 1 more semester to go before I commission, so I can tell you about ROTC.

First, if you are only doing ROTC to pay for college then do academic scholarships. People who do ROTC for the money don't belong here. They bring discredit to the rest of us. They usually don't care about any of it, and they usually get the shit tier jobs anyways.

Backgrounds don't count for shit in ROTC. Majors, minors, concentrations only add to your degree. What matters to ROTC is if you can perform in an Army way. With that said, don't forget your grades. Grades are very important to the Army and your OML.

Now, you will be a 2LT when you graduate. Congrats, you are the lowest of the low. A private with 2 years in has more experience than you. All you know is what you learned in school. Wanna be a good officer? Listen to your NCOs. Learn from them. Respect them and their experience. But don't roll over for them. Maintain control of the unit. You are still the officer and it is still your platoon. Find that good working relationship with your senior NCOs.
>>
>>32605266

Its the same thing fer us.

If I hadnt joined the military when I did I probably would have drunk myself to death.

Such cases
>>
>>32606776
Cool cool, thanks my man.

Besides that, anyone know any good lower back exercises besides planks? Same with lower core?
>>
>>32606776
Along the same line of questioning (not him) I'm also training for the Army Physical standards, and have gotten to 55 sit ups in under 2 mins. Just barely meeting the AIT standards. But I have to reach between my legs toward the end and have to use a 45lbs plate to hold my feet down.

Is there a specific way I have to orient my arms, and will my feet be held down, or do I have to sack up and do them with my arms across my chest with nothing holding me down? Also I can take breaks right? Do I have to do 50 push ups/sit ups all at once?
>>
>>32606897
Flutter kicks. Great ab exercise. As for lower back I'm not really sure. Hope that helps a little.
>>
>>32606903
For the Army APFT, everyone does push ups, then everyone does sit ups, with about a minute between the two. Once everyone is done with both you do a longer break before the run.

For the sit ups, you need to have your fingers interlocked and on the back of your head. The base of your neck must pass the base of your spine. Someone will hold your feet, but only the feet.

Protip: Throw yourself down on the down part of the situp. Don't use your abs to lower yourself. You will get so many more just by doing that.
>>
>>32606725
lol, can't really fake the hearing test, maybe the meps one, but at reception you'll probably get dicked
try getting another hearing test and see what comes back
>>
>>32603424
No, it's generally just criminal history, and usually that's limited to arrest record and charged/convicted offenses. I believe the DMV check also falls under this, so suspended licenses and tickets too.
>>
im missing a large chunk of one of my wisdom teeth. will this affect me at basic at all?
>>
>>32607185
They might take out the rest of it if you're lucky.
or unlucky
wisdom teeth are a nonissue
>>
File: kil.png (730KB, 792x722px) Image search: [Google]
kil.png
730KB, 792x722px
I'm about to enlist as an 11b in the National Guard in Massachusetts.

I'm curious if there is ANY reason I'd want to do the 6 year contract as opposed to the 3 year contract.

My recruiter has said I should do 3. I'm married, degree, career, I'm good and doing this because I want to. That way, after 3 years I can decide to continue, maybe go to OCS, or leave. If I decide to stay, I get an reenlistment bonus as well and unlock the education benefits for my state just he same as if I initially signed up for 6 years.

Is there anything at all he might be overlooking or isn't aware of? The last thing he said was "I'd say consider 6 if there was a bonus for the job, but there isn't."

Along those lines, how does applying for schools in the Guard work? I mean Army schools like Air Assault, Pathfinder, Sniper, etc. I heard MA has all of those. Would having a 3 year contract prohibit me if I had only a year left on my contract when school slots opened up?
>>
>>32607185
Only if it gives you pain, starts to fuck up your gums, or there's clearly an abscess. Otherwise nah, they'll probably let a dentist fresh out of school practice on you when your out of training.
>>
>>32607208
as i long as i dont get in trouble for it or something thats fine
>>
>>32607210
6 gets you the full school bennies, and after 6 you qualify for other stuff like VA loans if you don't reenlist or whatever.
>>
>>32607215
it doesnt hurt at all oddly enough
>>
>>32607225
you'll be alright, i had some real fucked up teeth and was let through
once i got in to ait they had me going to the dentist tho
>>
>>32607237
i can deal with that, thanks for the info anon
>>
>>32607210
Also about the extra schools, unless you're in an airborne unit like LRS or SF support you can pretty much bank on it not happening as a fresh grunt. In my experience they were rare and went to the non shitbag medics, fisters, and NCOs. You generally need a year or so left on your contract before they'll reserve the spot for you, but it could work out with you going and only having six months left. If you know you'll reenlist you can sometimes get a school or a reclass if they need you for retention purposes. Stuff like sniper, or the shorter courses you can attend instead of annual training might be more realistic.
>>
>>32607227

>6 gets you the full school bennies

From my understanding though, if I reenlist for 3 after my first 3, I get those bennies and everything. Is that accurate?

>>32607362

Got it. So is your point 'don't stress the schools because you won't get them the first 3 years anyway?'
>>
who /jcac/ here?
>>
>>32604844

what if I fart.
>>
>>32607478
That would probably be more awkward than funny. Don't know how it would affect the situation though.
>>
>>32607437
>education
Really you're missing out on the MGIB Kicker, you can get it if you extend your term, but you can have it right off the bat if you commit to six. Naturally, if you're going in and planning to do school right now, go for the six.

And that's about right on the schools part, I would just focus on trying to make that E-5 and going from there.
>>
>>32607754
What are you even talking about? The MGIB is garbage tier compared to the post-9/11 GI Bill.

Also you get the VA loan even with a 3 year enlistment.
>>
Fuck i'm freaking out. I'm applying for an ROTC scholarship as a high schooler but I didn't schedule an interview. The Jan. 10 deadline is today but it didn't say anything about the PMS interview. Can I submit my online application without the PMS document later at the February board?
>>
>>32607843
I mean submit my online application now and submit my PMS docs at the February submission deadline.
>>
Going to MEPS tomorrow, hoping for corpsman, wish me luck /k/
>>
>>32607843
>>32607863
I honestly don't know how to answer that. If you were told to have that all done by the Jan 10 deadline then you will miss it. But, I would email HRA and ask.

That being said, 4 year scholarships are not that common. Not impossible by any means, but 3 years are much more common.
>>
>>32607924
Best of luck to you.
>>
>>32607810
We're talking about the guard/reserve here and you clearly do not know what you're talking about. The kicker is available under both versions, it is just colloquially refereed to as the MGIB Kicker. Here is the bit about VA loans:

VA Home Loan benefits help Servicemembers and Veterans purchase, retain, or adapt a home. National Guard and Reserve members may qualify for a VA-guaranteed home loan by meeting one of the following conditions:

Six years of service in the Selected Reserve, AND
Were discharged honorably, OR
Were placed on the retired list, OR
Were transferred to the Standby Reserve or an element of the Ready Reserve other than the Selected Reserve after service characterized as honorable, OR
Continues to serve in the Selected Reserve longer than six years, OR
Served for 90 days or more on active duty during a wartime period, OR
Were discharged or released from active duty for a service-connected disability

Now stay in your lane dumbass.
>>
>>32604353
It is nothing like skydiving.
>>
Anyone got the skinny on 13F? Is it neat? What do they do in an infantry unit? Also wondering about AIT length, I'm seeing between 6 and 10 weeks.
>>
>>32603353
TBQH SENPAI the only people who will shit on the Air Force in here are going to be civilians and boots. Ask anyone who is actually in after a couple of years and worked with AF or on an AFB and ask them if they thought they should have joined the Air Force.
>>
>>32608399
>>32603353

See?

>>32603819

This anon was talking shit about the Air Force and didn't know that 160th was an Army unit.

He's either never been in or he's a boot.
>>
>>32608399
>ask them if they thought they should have joined the Air Force.

No thanks. I'll take more money over slightly better living conditions any day.
>>
>>32604960
Worked in intel. We had tons of WOs ranging from CWO2 to CWO4.
>>
>>32608416
>I'll take more money over slightly better living conditions any day.

So you can buy a car from the lot just off post for 300% APR?

Lol slightly better living conditions? The DFACs are better, the barracks are better, the women are better. I don't regret enlisting in the Army, but the amount of shit people talk about the AF is retarded and I have only ever heard boots or non rates do it.
>>
>>32604569
I came really close to enlisting around the time we went into Afghanistan, scored really high on ASVAB, and my recruiter swore I was gonna get fast-tracked into a WO program for helos.

I bailed and decided to do college first after every vet I talked to said my recruiter was full of shit and I was gonna end up peeling potatoes, but almost 15 years down the line I regret not doing it and maybe becoming one of those mythical unicorns after all.
>>
>>32608481
>and my recruiter swore I was gonna get fast-tracked into a WO program for helos.

>every vet I talked to said my recruiter was full of shit

They were full of shit. There were recruiters at my AIT in 2007 begging for intel school students to put in flight WO packets. They even had us lined up outside the school house in formation.
>>
>>32608500
To clarify, the vets you talked to were full of shit.
>>
>>32608479
>So you can buy a car from the lot just off post for 300% APR?

No, I'm not some retarded Joe.

>The DFACs are better, the barracks are better

But it takes you longer to stop eating at them and move out of them because you won't make rank as quickly. Unless you up and marry some heifer, ofc.

>the women are better.

>marrying a woman who is in the military

>I don't regret enlisting in the Army, but the amount of shit people talk about the AF is retarded and I have only ever heard boots or non rates do it.

I don't talk shit about the AF, but I will speak up when people pretend that there's no downside to it or that it is somehow better than the other services in XYZ way. Each service has its upsides and its downsides, except the Marine Corps, which has only downsides. For the AF, a major downside is that they get paid the least of any branch. They have other problems as well. I could never put up with the culture, for one.

But, as you pointed out, the creature comforts are pretty nice.
>>
>>32608603
I thought base pay was the same all around?
>>
>>32608603
>>marrying a woman who is in the military

Who said anything about marrying? Are you retarded?

All women in the military are dumpster fires. But at least the ones in the Air Force are pretty dumpster fires.

>I don't talk shit about the AF

I was responding to someone talking shit about the AF.

Certainly there are downsides depending on your perspective. The main one seems that boots and non veterans talk shit about you because they don't actually care what your MOS is.

>>32608641
He's talking about slower promotion.
>>
>>32608603
The fuck are you talking about everyone gets the same base pay regardless of branch.
>>
>>32608500
This would've been '02 or '03 so I'm not sure if it was the same way then but that sucks to hear. I had the highest ASVAB score that my recruiting office had ever seen, too, so I probably would've had a good chance of making it.
>>
>>32608641
>>32608674
At the same rank. The services do not make rank at the same speed, and it's not equally 'easy' in every service to make the higher ranks.

In civilian terms, the branches do not all pay the same.
>>
>>32608906
Your ability to make rank is affected much more by your mos than your branch.
>>
>>32608986
Not one of the slapfighting ninnies and I agree with you, but overall retention can be a killer too, force wide limits on rank manning is too. USCG had like a 95% retention rate for years and they had to force people out left and right or hand out rank waivers because people just couldn't advance.
>>
>>32608986
Air Force Promotion Average:
Airman (E-2) - 6 months
Airman First Class (E-3) - 16 months
Senior Airman (E-4) - 3 years
Staff Sergeant (E-5) - 4.4 years
Technical Sergeant (E-6) - 12 years
Master Sergeant (E-7) - 17 years
Senior Master Sergeant (E-8) - 19.7 years
Chief Master Sergeant (E-9) - 22 years

https://www.thebalance.com/enlisted-promotions-made-simple-3331686

Army Promotion Average:
Private (E-2) - 6 months
Private First Class (E-3) - 1 year
Specialist/Corporal (E-4) - 18 months
Sergeant (E-5) - 4.2 years
Staff Sergeant (E-6) - 8.5 years
Sergeant First Class (E-7) - 13.6 years
Master Sergeant/First Sergeant (E-8) - 17 years
Sergeant Major (E-9) - 20.8 years

https://www.thebalance.com/enlisted-promotions-made-simple-3331909
>>
31 yrs old

Is joining the coasties a possibility? I have a college education and interest in law enforcement. No felonies, no violence arrests, but a drunk driving.
>>
dumb question... when you ship for boot, how do you get there? i hear about taking a plane, but im to poor to afford plane tickets.
>>
>>32606778

Thank you.

I want to clarify however that I'm not doing soley for the money.

I genuinely want to give back to my country and my fellow citizens while at the same time bankrolling an education beyond saddling myself with student debt.
>>
question about the muhreen IST.

when i do the situps, will someone be holding my feet down? if so, im good, but i cant seem to do them at all unless my feet are secured.
>>
stupid question

so if specialist is in the title of your mos do you become a specialist rank wise after completion of AIT
>>
>>32609638
no
>>
>>32609655
Whats the difference between specialist and corporal then
>>
>>32609719
After doing a 30 second google search.

I came up with "Corperals are Juinor NCOs and Specialists are not"

So, judging by how well you can gather information I doubt you will hit either of those.
>>
>>32609729
Fuck off, no ones telling me shit
>>
>>32609719
Corporals have leadership responsibilities and command authority, generally fulfilling a role usually held by an E-5 such as fire team leader. If manning is low a junior guy can take the spot but if that guy doesn't have enough time in or promotion points or won't be seeing BLC for a while, the stay a corporal.
>>
>send the RAF an email about eligibility for RPAS if I have astigmatism, so I don't have to embarrass myself going into a recruitment centre just get told "no"
>"We cannot discuss candidate suitability over email, please contact your local recruitment centre"
It's [current year], and they can't give me a quick answer about eyesight via an email? They literally only want me to go into a centre so that they can try and convince me to do some shit job if I'm not eligible for what I want.
>>
>>32607215
What if I have some rather serious cavities. As in I'm missing chunks of tooth.
>>
>>32609263
From Coast Guard FAQ (I assume this is what you mean unless I'm missing jargon)
"Following are the basic requirements for becoming a member of the Coast Guard: You must be a U.S. citizen or a Resident Alien. Be between the ages of 17-27 (up to age 32 if qualified for attending guaranteed 'A' school) for Active Duty.(If you are 17, you'll need parental consent.) Reservists must be between 17-39"

As for the DUI no clue.
>>
>>32609816
get them fixed. ive had abscesses dude. i wouldnt wish them on anyone. not even the most evil of people.
>>
>>32609280
They pay your transportation whatever the case.
>>
>>32609280
Can your branch not reimburse you?
>>
>>32602479
Anyone know anything about going private? Can you realistically go private and still see action? It mostly seems like static security and training for quasi-retired vets.
>>
>>32608408
Nigger it's called forgetting
>>
>>32610213
Also: what kind of work can you get, private, if you're transitioning from intelligence vs. from military? Do PMCs care if you were an officer?

This is all hypothetical I'm-trying-to-work-out-my-future shit.
>>
So my recruiter's convinced me to go for EW.
What am I in for?
>>
>>32609340
Fair enough. That is a good reason to do ROTC.
>>
File: Woman4.jpg (1MB, 1698x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Woman4.jpg
1MB, 1698x1131px
>Why don't you go to college and become an officer instead?
>>
>>32610831
Because you don't need a degree to become an officer where I live ;)
>>
File: 1478711102222.png (41KB, 293x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478711102222.png
41KB, 293x270px
>>32610831
cause I wanna kill people
>>
>>32610929

>wants to kill people

>doesn't understand most of the time offices need to give the okay to kill
>>
>>32610968
That's like saying politicians build bridges because they approve the paperwork to make it happen.
>>
>>32610831
thats the plan
>>
>>32610831
Because I only need the equivalent of an American high-school diploma to become an officer for most roles in the UK.
>>
So my recruiter signed me up to do picat instead of doing the asvab in the office. Is that better? It feels like it's a lot more relaxing to do the test at home, i was a bit nervous and fumbled some maths at the EST so i can hopefully do better working from home.
>>
>>32602479
If i were to enlist in the Navy, what should I expect?
>>
>>32611219
surprise buttsex
>>
*poos quickly in hand*
>>
Ey. So long story short

Depression hits hard and I've been moved from my office where i work under an very respectable e-7 and do real work. To where i work under a asshole spc and do shitty labor. The jobs fine but fuck, this spc is a prick to me and its fucking up my emotions. Im already going through a chapter, but i dont know if i can deal with this till its done.

What the hell do i do?
>>
>>32611535
Kill him
>>
>>32611572
I didnt know the voices in my head posted on 4chan.
>>
>>32611535
How much of an asshole? Pretty hard situation to gauge
>>
>>32611535
Stop whining and be a grown up. Youre never going to get along with every boss you have, and sometimes people are dicks. Do your job and suck it up, you wont be working with him forever.
>>
>>32611219
A lot of emergency training involving water. I hope that you're comfortable swimming underwater.
>>
>>32610213

Daily reminder that 90% of guys who end up in "private security" after the military are literally mall cops. The lucky ones are making $20/hr guarding power plants and checking badges at government facilities.

Another 9% actually land overseas contracts but get mediocre pay to sit in guard towers and shit. 75k/yr is not good pay for a 80 hour workweek overseas.

What you're thinking of is a tiny sliver of the security industry.
>>
>>32607210
>I'm about to enlist as an 11b in the National Guard in Massachusetts.
Oh shit dawg I just did exactly that
Are you in western mass?
>>
>>32611944
That's what I feared.

Guess I won't count on it as an exit. All I wanted to do was give war a chance ;_;
>>
>>32611944
>>32611992
Although PMCs aren't exactly the same as PSCs.
>>
>>32610213

Go french foreign legion (try for the 2 REP or 3 REI regiments) and get on with a company that operates in Africa afterwards. The biggest assett you can acquire for PMC work is language proficiency and half of the African continent speaks french. Service in the FFL also proves that you are willing to fight for a cause that is not your own.

Otherwise, what >>32611944 said is mostly true. You would need an enlistment as an infantryman with multiple combat deployments and a combat award (CAR/CIB) MINIMUM to even be looked at by worthwhile merc groups. Otherwise the most you can hope for is "guarding" some CONEX containers in some shithole country on a big base where it's pretty much gauranteed that you will be bored out of your ass and see no action. The pay will be alright(high 5 figures for 8-9 month contract) but the work will be mind numbingly boring.

Otherwise, what
>>
>>32607179
Alright. I ask because I've applied for and worked internships for some departments here for college, and they required drug history disclosures. Good to know I may not have screwed myself out of the military.
>>
>>32612033
I can already halfway speak French (and can read it pretty well) and I'm going to uni for a language. French shouldn't be a huge deal. Interesting about the "fighting for a cause that is not your own" thing, though.

My original plan is/was to join the (UK) army as an infantry officer and then go on deployment. Am I correct in thinking those PMCs would be looking for specials (i.e. SAS &c.) instead of standard infantry?--The original PMC was ex-SAS...
>>
>>32612084
If you're thinking you'll become some soldier of fortune type mercenary then you need to be one bad dude or figure things out yourself and start your own thing. The legitimate private sector will be standard security work, maybe supervising a team of locals.
>>
>>32612130
Who doesn't like to be called Boss?

Nah, I was just wondering if it was a legit option. Going military is one of the routes I'm gonna try for out of uni, and it's the most likely one. So I'm looking at what I can realistically do once I'm in there, and it seems to amount to
>just go up the ladder
>quit, get some shitty "well-paying" day job
>quit, go PMC
>>
Wouldn't serving in the FFL as an American be considered treason?
>>
>>32612312
Only if they become an enemy state. The other bit would be involuntarily losing your citizenship, but that hasn't been enforced since WW2.
>>
>>32602479
Just found out I can't get a student loan because parents are bankrupt and I don't have credit. Should I just enlist?
>>
>>32610784
Anyone?
>>
>>32612769
That is one option, what are your other options? You could learn a trade instead. Going to college for the sake of doing it is generally stupid as fuck unless you have a plan. So if you have a vision that you want to go to college and study X to become Y why do you want to go to college?

If you are a retarded motherfucker who want to go to college for the sake of going to college then yeah, enlist and get your GI bill and study some bullshit degree. You'll waste 6 years for a piece of paper or something if that's what you want.

What do you want to do with your life, without resorting to memes?
>>
>>32612769
That stops you from getting a loan? Christ. Here it'd mean you get a bigger one.

Listen to >>32612922, although remember that going to college for the sake of learning is valid (if very difficult for someone like you, i.e. not a trust fund babby).
>>
>>32611959

Sorry mate, South Shore. I'm joining up with the 182 at Braintree.

How is it?

How is it?
>>
>>32609784
Hey that's my job. How bad is it? The requirements for rpas are a bit slacker than pilot for eyesight, I know a couple guys who need glasses who joined.
The recruitment centre probably won't be able to give you an answer as generally they know fuck all about rpas.
If I were you I'd call your afco and ask them to find out the standards then go get an eye test yourself as the RAF won't do one on you till pretty late in the recruitment process.
>>
>>32610831
>went to college
>spent £30k to get a degree
>commissioned with a bunch of 19 year olds who have no student debt
>>
>>32610929
I guarantee you over the last 5 years officers have killed more people than enlisted.
>>
I'm on my way to MEPS as we speak boys, San Antonio here I come.
>>
>>32613338
good luck anon
>>
>>32613179
Not face to face though.
>>
Anyone RAF here? How long did it take you to get to basic training from signing up?
>>
>>32613588
Officer here, about 8 months. Enlisting seems to be a lot quicker though
>>
>>32613608
It is. They don't do all those tests.
>>
File: OhGodWhy.jpg (37KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
OhGodWhy.jpg
37KB, 600x899px
>>32602479
i've been dreaming of serving in the us army ever since i was 5. i'm in perfect condition to do so, thinking of spending as much of my life in as possible. 20 year type of deal. however i also want to be able to live the later years of my life in a nice big roomy house with a few cars. i can't eventually have this even as an officer as i understand. what the hell do i do
>>
>>32613656
Make your choice.
>>
>>32613655
What trade do you want to join as?
>>
File: MarineKek.gif (458KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
MarineKek.gif
458KB, 500x282px
>>32613733
but what other options are there to get my result? go to meme college? NOT do my 20 years and go into a trade? not sure what trades make a lot of money besides electrical (i think) haven't really looked into trades all that much, just came to the horrible realization awhile back.
>>
>>32613656
You could do what most people do and get your GI bill and get out. It would be foolish to think that you already know that you want to spend 20 years in the armed forces. You don't know that. You won't know if you want to keep doing it until you join.

Shit, even if you think you are in perfect condition you don't know for sure until you apply. You might not even be allowed to join.

So if you want to join, do it. Then make up your mind from there. It's not like enlisting means that you HAVE to spend 20 years there.
>>
File: GodWontAnswer.jpg (60KB, 476x687px) Image search: [Google]
GodWontAnswer.jpg
60KB, 476x687px
>>32613810
yeah most people who think they'll make it to pension usually don't. does the post 9/11 or montgomery cover trade schools? i just feel like college will do more harm than good.
>>
File: sth.png (437KB, 1024x491px) Image search: [Google]
sth.png
437KB, 1024x491px
>finishing "A" school in a week
>upon graduating we are to leave Naval Submarine Base New London immediately

I think I might miss this place.
>>
>>32613849
Sounds like you should just join up and in 4 years you might be grown up enough to make decisions about your future.
>>
>>32613876
>New London
im a ctfag. this state sucks man. if you get your proper credentials however, active duty military is exempt from our AWB and mag limit.
>>
>>32613893
i'm pretty sure on what i want. just trying to get some insight on this situation.
>>
>>32613916
Do you even know what you want to enlist as? Or do you want to be an officer?
>>
>>32613928
either 15T blackhawk repair, 31E, or just go infantry and switch mos' from there into something else. i'm certainly not opposed to being an officer but i need to do something now to career plan as a 19 year old, not college and go officer with wasted time.
>>
>>32613986
Seems like you should spend more time on thinking about your initial service rather than what you'll do in 20 years
>>
>>32614012
dude those are my certain jobs i'd gladly take, i'm basing it off of my asvab score and what it says i'll be suited for.
>>
>>32613608
>8 months
I didn't think it'd be that long desu. I want to do RPAS, which is an Officer role.
>>
Thinking about joining the FFL.
What are their pros/cons?
>>
>>32614129
Shit pay, french is shit citizenship, you'll be stuck in shit countries like CAR and Chad.

If you're american there's no reason to join them except if you get rejected from the US armed forces. Most european armed forces are better too if you're from an EU nation.
>>
>>32606674
whats wrong with going for fighters? so the administrator work goes on after you leave being a company grade officer? i see. how do you know the score can be that low? Im in ROTC right now and the leadership thing is definitely being emphasized to be selected to even be an officer.
>>
>>32603896
Pretty late, but I'm a 68W for the scouts in a NAtional Guard Infantry Battalion. Let me know if you have any questions.
>How bad does the National Guard suck?
Depends on how you view it. One weekend a month where you make at least $200 bucks ain't bad, and I get a shit ton of money for college. Recommend it for people wanting to attend college and not commission (my path) or those that have a family already. In terms of your unit, you're involvement, effort, and attitude will decide how fun/fulfilling it is. The scouts are some awesome guys all with great attitudes (they actually like to be there) and are PT studs. It all comes down to the effort you put in, playing politics, and embracing the suck at times.
>>
File: Air_Force_Logo.jpg (15KB, 502x401px) Image search: [Google]
Air_Force_Logo.jpg
15KB, 502x401px
Is it true that Air Force puts on rank slower (i.e. making less money) and they are banned from becoming Warrant Officers?

Is it true that the only good Air Force job is 11FX, and if you aren't an 11FX you are just the fluffer for an 11FX?
>>
>>32615072
The earlier BAH/BAS makes up for the rank on any contract less than 8 years, despite the circlejerking.
>>
Hey guys, just have a few questions here.

So I'm a second semester Freshman at a 4 year college, and I'm trying to join Army ROTC. Couldn't join up the beginning of the academic year since I wasn't 18, and parents wouldn't sign me off (don't want me to deploy). Well, after doing more research that managed to get them to relent (can technically commission into the reserves), and finally turning 18, I contacted the office and they gave me a shitload of information. I know it'll be a bit harder, but will it be really bad if I join in the middle of the academic year?

I also wanted to apply for a scholarship so I won't get raped by more tuition. As a second semester freshman, I believe that I can only apply for the three year one. However, some others have also told me I should go for SMP with the local guard, if I want to go into the reserves. But the ROTC websites say that selected scholarship cadets can still go to the reserves. Is anyone able to clarify this for me?
>>
File: IMG_2540.png (1MB, 820x959px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2540.png
1MB, 820x959px
>>32614515
How'd you get involved with the scouts? I visited this past drill weekend and one of the medics I talked to is a trauma nurse, so might not be replacing him. Is there more than one spot? What's the promotion rate like? The unit is a HHC for the regiment and has two open medic slots and is 70%~ manned on infantry, any neat opportunities I might see? Teach CLS maybe? Is it worth it to go to the 2 week 11B course instead of annual training my first year? Any chance of testing for the EFMB? There's a LRS unit in our state too, do they have medic slots? (Not looking to transfer units right away) There's also SF support but they are overmanned on just about every medical job.

I was an EMT-B with wilderness upgrade for a while but let it expire, so I'm comfortable with the clinical side and confident for AIT. I'm in school, have a full ride already but will use that GI money and kicker and try to get on a VA work study. Thanks in advance pal.
>>
>>32615500
Funny story actually about how I got involved. The team leader for the medics of the scouts, no shit, saw me and commented "that guy has pretty nice hair" mostly as a joke. Anyways, he introduced himself to me and we shot the shit. Ended up telling him how I had actually tried to join our LRS unit (it disbanded in 2015), asked about my PT score, and so on. Finally decided to let me go on the scout assessment (pretty grueling stuff, Ranger PT test, two mile land nav, 6 mile ruck march, and shoothouse at the end). Completing that got me the slot for them. The way our unit works is that due to a high number of medics in the HHC company, we have three, possibly an dditional prior service guy, as medics for the scouts. PRomotion is automatic up to E-4, but gets rather difficult past that unless you want to move units (Guard is slot based, you need to find an E-5 slot ina unit to get the rank). And there are so many opportunities for guys that work hard. All medics teach CLS, us scouts get to take part in stalking lanes, Air Assault, etc. I have not actually looked into the 11B cross-training but I'm sure its a possibility. EMFB depends mostly on states and funding, my unit isn't the best (MDNG), however, it is possible.

In terms of LRS units, I believe they used to pull from my HHC company, may differ from in your state/territory. SF support is predominately BAS training, more like an emergency room EMT than a combat medic on a line unit. And for the EMT-B, unfortunately you will have to complete the whole 68W course at Sam Houston, but you will definitely have a leg up on your peers. Finally, the Guard and schools work pretty well together. You can skip a full semester and knock it all out in one semester, or divide it between summers.

Definitely recommend talking to a recruiter, they can answer the specific questions on the LRS unit.
>>
>>32615072
> puts on rank slower
Yes, and its all test based, not time in grade.

>banned from becoming Warrant Officers
Nigga we aint got warrant officers to begin with
>>
>>32615738
>all test based
er rather I mean AB-SrA is time in grade but SLOW

to promote to E-5 on up its test based, on professional military education (history and doctrine) and specialty knowledge test (afsc specific)
>>
File: air force.png (352KB, 372x484px) Image search: [Google]
air force.png
352KB, 372x484px
>>32615738
>Nigga we aint
Wow, guess /k/ was right about airfags
>>
>>32615766
go eat glue somewhere else boot
>>
Any cool mil jobs for the color blind?
>>
>>32605266
>not working every day

Army is a bunch of nonners. They dont do any real work unless deployed.

NONNERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>32615825
Fuck nonners. Almost all of their jobs should be civilian jobs.

>but we deploy too! Notice me senpai!

most of the negative shit you hear about whatever branch comes from some whiny nonner working in MPC/finance
>>
>>32615703
Thanks man I appreciate it, I did ask about LRS off the get go but they'll only take 25 series as non prior service if you don't know someone in the unit. The 2 week 11x course is run by the guard, I know they do it in PA and down here it's at Camp Shelby, since they're so undermanned they'll offer it up to a lot of the support guys.
>>
>>32606689
Thank you!
>>
how does one get discharged before his enlistment is over without straight up deserting or killing/raping someone?
>>
>>32615891
fail your pt test
drink underage
dui X4
shit on first Sergent's desk
>>
>>32615891
Go airborne, sacrifice one of your legs.
>>
>>32615854
No problem man. The Guard is a great organization and really helped me get my shit together during college. About wanting a specific unit, I would focus much more on getting a 68W slot within an Infantry Regiment rather than getting a POG job you're going to despise from IET, to 11B training, and finally a slot within the unit you like (years down the road). You might be able to secure the 11B training easily, but getting a spot in the LRS will be a whole other battle. Good luck brother!
>>
>>32602479
I'm graduating college soon, with a pretty low gpa (2.58). How many times should I apply to OCS before enlisting?
>>
>>32615891
Army will let you out early if you have a good job or school lined up.
>>
>tfw air force lightens recruitment restrictions

made my year and then some
>>
>>32616371
dafuq? nigga are you just posting bullshit for the sake of it?
>>
>>32609719
The Specialist rank (sometimes old timers still call it Spec4) is a leftover remnant of an old parallel rank system (pay grade and rank used to be separate) that ran from Specialist 1 to Specialist 9. So you could have someone who makes E9 pay and is a Spec9, but is not a Command Sergeant Major and has no leadership responsibility. This would be for more technical MOS where there needs to be room for "promotion" and pay raise but no need to place them into a leadership role in a line unit.

The only one left now is Spec 4, and I imagine it remained because in the Army E4/Specialist is an automatic promotion for TIS/TIG. Corporal is reserved for someone who is specifically given leadership responsibility. While I was in I saw someone get "lateral promoted" from Specialist to Corporal because a junior NCO was needed.

De facto there is no real difference, a Specialist can be in a leadership role as a team leader or whatever just like a Corporal, but de jure the difference is that a Corporal is a junior NCO and a Specialist isn't.
>>
>>32616393
Get in there before females fill it up.
>>
>>32616884
2. EFFECTIVE 1 JAN 15, THE ENLISTED VOLUNTARY EARLY SEPARATION PROGRAM AUTHORIZES COMMANDERS
EXERCISING SPECIAL COURT MARTIAL CONVENING AUTHORITY (SPCMCA) OR HIGHER TO APPROVE VOLUNTARY EARLY
SEPARATION PRIOR TO CONTRACTUAL ETS FOR REGULAR ARMY ENLISTED SOLDIERS IN TWO CATEGORIES:

A. SOLDIERS APPROACHING THEIR CONTRACTUAL ETS, WHO HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO REENLIST OR EXTEND, MAY
REQUEST VOLUNTARY EARLY SEPARATION UP TO 180 DAYS PRIOR TO CONTRACTUAL ETS FOR THE PURPOSE OF
ACCEPTING EMPLOYMENT.

Separation for school is governed by AR 635-200.
>>
>>32610335
>what kind of work can you get, private, if you're transitioning from intelligence vs. from military?

There are private security contracting companies who work specifically on All Source Analysis, Counter Intelligence, and collections support.

When I was getting out I got an offer for $155K to go to Afghanistan.

However, that was for Afghanistan. If you get on with any company and get hired to work in the US (DC/Virginia, San Antonio supporting the MIRC, CENTCOM etc.) expect to get about 1/3 of that depending on cost of living.

But that's assuming you have a degree (need a degree to get hired, even as a contractor) and for some reason don't want to apply to a civilian agency as an analyst or collector.

>This is all hypothetical I'm-trying-to-work-out-my-future shit.

Here's a piece of advice from a veteran: Do not plan anything out past two steps. Every time you turn around something is going to change. You can't count on any specific plans working out. It's fine to keep a general outline of what you'd like to do, but don't worry about the specifics and don't plan too far ahead. Your first step is to enlist and get through boot+AIT.

A lot of things are going to change over the course of your enlistment. You will gain a new perspective on how things work in a government bureaucracy, you will grow older, and your future career desires may change significantly.

Right now you know somewhere between Jack and Shit about anything, much less what intel work is actually like. It's very likely that you'll get in, maybe do a deployment, and find out you either hate it or aren't in it enough to care. I know plenty of guys I went to school in Huachuca with or worked with who got out and started working in regular jobs because intel just wasn't for them.
>>
>>32616935
>need 0-6 approval
>can only get out 180 days early
kek good fucking luck
>>
>>32610249
>Nigger it's called bullshitting

FTFY senpai.

Someone who has been in for awhile and actually knows about the Night Stalkers wouldn't forget that their an Army aviation unit.
>>
>>32612922
>You could learn a trade instead.

Do you have a trade? If so, which one?

If so, which family member or friend was your contact to get your foot in the door?

Asking because I know what it takes to actually get a job in a trade and it's not so easy as just going to a trade school. You guys need to stop memeing.
>>
>>32617003

>Implying it's that hard to route a packet to the BDE commander.

I've seen plenty of guys use this to get out. By the time you bundle it with terminal leave and SFL/TAP, you're basically checked out 8-9 months early.
>>
>>32616995

Typical stateside contractor salaries aren't that bad, and the hours are a lot better than when you're deployed.

Half my former Army buddies are making 80k+ and doing a 40 hour week in the DC/MD area.
>>
>>32613849
>does the post 9/11 or montgomery cover trade schools?
Post 9/11 does.

But here's the thing about "trade schools": there is no quality control. You could spend your Chapter 33 going to a local "trade school" or trade "program" at a local college and it would literally be worth less than a liberal arts degree.

>>32613810
>You don't know that.

Also this.

You need to understand that you don't actually know dick about what it's like to be in the military. It's 99% likely you have some unrealistic expectations.

>>32613986
>or just go infantry and switch mos' from there into something else.

See, here's an example. Unless you become a broke dick who is still eligible to stay in, you're probably not going to get a chance to reclass during your first enlistment. It's much more likely that when it comes time for your to ETS or reup you may get a choice to pick another MOS. And it's very likely the list of available MOS you could reenlist into will be limited based on needs of the Army.

Right now you should worry about picking a single MOS you would be fine with doing for a single enlistment (based on your likely very mistaken understanding of what that MOS actually does, which won't be helped by your recruiter not knowing jack shit about it either), and getting out and using your Post 9/11 GI Bill.
>>
>>32615390
>but will it be really bad if I join in the middle of the academic year?

No. The only required years for ROTC are the last two years (Junior and Senior). You don't have to commit before then. So look at your Sophomore year as a chance to try it out. You'll also have some academic requirements thrown on by the way it sounded.

t. Veteran who thought about going into ROTC and talks to ROTC students at my university
>>
>>32617099
>Anonymous
you can start acap almost 2 years early which for a standard enlistment in after the first fucking year. what a joke
>>
>>32617141
This. "Just switch your MOS later" is a recruiter meme.

Most people get out with the same job they started with.
>>
>>32603353
>cool
>Chair Force.
>All the other services laugh at the Chair Force.
>Not cool.
>>
>>32617228
You can "start" it way early, but realistically you can only use it to fully sham for about a month.
>>
can i get a discord invite, i promise to just lurk and not be retarded
>>
>>32617130
>making 80k+ and doing a 40 hour week in the DC/MD area.

The offers I've seen have been about 2/3 of that. But again it depends on cost of living. DC is going to be higher than Tampa or SA.

>and the hours are a lot better than when you're deployed.

Definitely. In Iraq it was 12 on 12 off 7 days a week. The DIA (contractors and officers) guys we worked with were 16 on 8 off 6 days a week.
>>
>>32617245
>>Boots from all the other services laugh at the Chair Force.

FTFY

And that changes once they go over the bridge and eat at the AF side DFAC or see the AF side barracks.
>>
>>32617292

That's what people don't understand about most deployed civvy gigs. You're still doing a 75k salary job, you're just doing two people's worth of it so you get twice the money.
>>
>>32614336
Don't listen to that retard. I did AFROTC, now a fighter pilot. Still very selective but since USAF is losing so many pilots due to bullshit PC policies it is shredding so they're trying hard to get more fighter pilots, but even if you get a fighter out of pilot training you still have to not get washed out of IFF or out of your fighter B-course which has their standards and will fail you if you can't meet those standards and send you to an AWACS.

I have not done admin work at all since joining except for myself. Fighter pilots are fighter pilots first until you go up in rank. Almost zero interaction with enlisted so far outside of crew chiefs. You'll never be in charge of any enlisted probably.
>>
>>32617388
>you're just doing two people's worth of it

I genuinely enjoyed it though. But I actually like the work. Most people don't and figure that out while they're enlisted. Then they get out, go to school for something else, get a job doing something else etc.
>>
>>32617076
I got into pipefitting by working firewatch and shit shipyard jobs for a year or two, then got an apprenticeship. You have to get your foot in the door then show you're valuable. Got tons of friends who started out here then went to the railroad or trucking industries making the big bucks now.

Yeah you need contacts and schooling isn't a guarantee, it's called networking and being sociable. Every state has some sort of career center or service that can get you an interview with some local entry level manufacturing gig and go from there. You're just taking it from one extreme to another.
>>
>>32617177
This is true, my school only had the junior/senior years for AFROTC. But if you do start early you can get an extra summer school and stipend by your sophomore year.
>>
>>32617474
>it's called networking and being sociable.

That's done during college as well. In fact I'm part of a program at my university in my previous (and likely future) field in which I get to interact with practitioners and recruiters regularly.

>You have to get your foot in the door

Which is the problem for most people and why asking "why don't you just get into a trade!" is a meme. The vast majority of people don't have a friend or family member who works in a well paying trade in order to get their foot in the door. And going to your local unemployment office isn't likely to help. And neither is doing day labor/labor ready.
>>
File: CuGFRZuWcAAXpwS.jpg (209KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
CuGFRZuWcAAXpwS.jpg
209KB, 1200x900px
Trying to decide between starting a career in law enforcement or enlisting for 4 years first. Anyone else in the same boat?
>>
File: CGC-FORWARD-Crew-Pic-3Aug20101.jpg (182KB, 1072x712px) Image search: [Google]
CGC-FORWARD-Crew-Pic-3Aug20101.jpg
182KB, 1072x712px
>>32618093
You can get in a different boat that does both.
>>
>>32617177
So you enlisted after college? Im thinking about doing that after I graduate.
>>
>>32618363
That's actually the branch I've been talking to.

Not sure if I want to do try and do some interdiction with them or chase model citizens around Atlanta all night.
>>
>>32602479
>get staff duty tuesday
>told I'm doing it again on thursday (going into a 4 day)
>told I'll have it saturday as well
>ammo guard on monday
>ask my chief why the fuck I have staff duty 3 times in an 8 man section
>he says he doesn't like me

lmao @uryf if you enlist into the military, I'm probably going to go awol or just fucking kill myself. I hate the people I'm with and my unit.
>>
>>32618556
You're probably a piece of shit.
>>
>>32618556
just quit m8
>>
>>32618748
Yeah figured somebody would say that. Me and one other guy are the only people that actually do anything in our section. The other lower enlisted are turbo shammers (sick call weekly, skipping formations, fucked up uniforms etc) but they're all hispanic and so is my chief so they are all bros.
>>
>>32618914
maybe ur just a racist pos and thats why ur chief doesnt like u
>>
>>32618921
lol fair enough
>>
I'm on duty right now and bored as fuck. If you have any questions or anything as them. My sleeping cycle still isn't for a couple of hours.
>>
>>32618944
I'm a marine btw ;)
>>
>>32618944
where you stationed senpai
>>
>>32618961
don't you mean muhreen
>>
File: 29 palms.gif (61KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
29 palms.gif
61KB, 700x355px
>>32618963
29 palms
>>
>>32618976
Is it that bad?
>>
>>32619020
Honestly ain't that terrible, at least in my opinion. Really it just sucks because it's not pendleton. Really the bad is the heat in the summer, and being far away from shit.

The pros are good training grounds without having to deal with accidentally setting the range on fire (like pendleton). It's also a lot less "POG" when it comes to random rules. No one gives a fuck if you come into the PX in dirty camies because you're in the field, whereas in pendleton you will get yelled at. It also hardly rains, which is great when you're training.

I also get to deploy to australia due to the unit I'm with, so honestly I can't complain too much.
>>
>>32605785
only manlets fit in the cockpits
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 1024x576px
I know going to college is just going to be a waste of time and money for me at the moment, should I join the Air Force to give me time to figure out what to do with my life anons?
>>
>>32610831
Fuck that
would rather grunt, want special force, will worke hard, am good boi
>>
would i be looked at as bitch if i said i like to cook and wouldn't mind being one in the military? i want to school for culinary arts, and my first actual job was prep cook in a kitchen.
>>
>>32619265
Recruiters will never be pissed at someone wanting to enlist as longas you aren't a weak willed pussy who ends up washing out. Not a lot of people contract in to be cooks so the MOS probably always has spots open. Just talk to them and see what they will do.
>>
>>32615891
Thats just so pathetic. You volunteer for something, so you can just weasle your way out of it. How can an individual live with himself?
>>
>>32619289
i dont plan on washing out. I've always wanted to be in the military, but at the same time i like cooking and doing restaurant shit too. i do feel kinda "cheap" for wanting to do that at the same time though. kinda like id be cheating myself and others.

>hey you're in the military!
yep thats right!
>wow thats cool! what do/did you do?!
well, i was a cook!
>o-oh.........so you didnt do anything cool?
n-no...
>>
>>32618914
We've all heard this story before, anon.
>>
>>32619315
>you didn't do anything cool
you'll travel around the world, taking pride in the the fact that you're actually helping people in the locations you get sent to. Fuck the people that would talk down to that. What have they ever done for someone? If they feel that way tell them to join and do what they think bad asses do.
>>
>>32619315
Do what you want. Don't do something because you are afraid of what a civilian thinks. Do what you want to do. I have friends who are field mess with my battalion and they love their jobs and the experience they got. Plus in the field everyone loves the guy who manages to get them hot chow. Field Mess is necessary job in the military and you can get a lot of unique opportunities out of it.
>>
>>32619293
it's not easy but your mom's pussy helps me pull through
>>
>>32619315
You'd be surprised. I've seen cooks have some opportunities to do some pretty fun shit. When I was downrange, we had some famous chefs / cooking shows tour in and do demonstrations and cookoffs and such to feed troops and help morale. Even ordinary dining facilities have competitions for holiday meals and things. They seem to take that stuff seriously. Also, I seem to remember a crew of cooks from my last division travelling to I want to say DC for some bigtime cooking competition.

Yeah, 90% of the time they're just doing normal operations... but that's the same for every MOS.

Seriously, you should do it.
>>
>>32619315
>>32619370
Oh and if they're not shitbags their can get sent to legit civilian cooking schools during their service.
>>
>>32619315
This
>>32619341
>>32619347
No one IN the military is going to be pissed at or look down on the guy feeding them. Especially on holidays.
>humans need food
>guy has job that is preparing and serving food
>the guy serving is useless
If and when someone ever says anything negative about you being a cook, tell them too tell you another joke.
>>
>>32619155
yes. People will do the stupid fucking chair force memes but air force looks fucking awesome (from an army persepctive). You will live like a fucking king, no cq, no field, nice af dining facilities, easy fucking mos's, no bullshit details. If I could go back 2 years I'd do af
>>
>>32619265
>>32619315
stay away from cooks. Shitty hours. They all hate their lives.
>>32619333
probably has some truth to it then lmao
>>
>>32619413
btw you won't really be "cooking" anything. Just adding water to powdered eggs or cooking shit en mass.
>>
Why do women join the military?
>>
>>32619413
>>32619425
>confirmed piece of shit

kys boot
>>
>>32619398
>You will live like a fucking king, no cq, no field, nice af dining facilities, easy fucking mos's, no bullshit details.

You don't know what you're talking about. AF has duties and exercises and details just like anybody else.

When we had exercises in Korea I always felt bad for the AF on Osan AB. They would do retarded shit like string concertina around the finance office and pull guard inside it all day long in MOPP gear. Every single time I went over there I thought 'man am I glad I don't have to do this shit.'

The AF doesn't have Army bullshit, but it still has its own flavor.
>>
>>32619425
It depends. If he works in an actual chow hall, he could make eggs to order, or help make desserts, which involve more actual time and input to make.
>>
>>32619430
to operate
>>
>>32614085
It can be shorter, but you're probably looking at at least a month from applying til aptitudes then a month til filter interview, 2 months till oasc then another 2 months to start IOT.
If its any consolation once you're in rpas get pushed through quicker than pilots
>>
My grandpa was a muhreen back in the 50's and he describes a much tougher and harsher regiment and treatment than whats there today.

on a scale from 1-10 (10 being his idea of bootcamp), what is it like now?
>>
>>32619444
They can't though
>>
>>32619434
?
>>32619438
Where else would he work but a chowhall?
>>
>>32619486
Im in an infantry battalion in the marines. They actually do their job for the battalion, going out in the field during training excercises and doing other administrative/maintenance tasks while in garrison.
>>
>>32619514
Right.... so they cook in the chowhall and in the field.
>>
>>32619532
No. Some of them do not cook in the chow hall. They stay with the battalion instead of getting faped to the chow hall. They do a bunch of adminstrative and maintenance related stuff for their marines and gear. They do not work at or cook in the chow hall in any way.
>>
>tfw want to marines but 11:09 mile time
>tfw only made 7 out of 12 laps before passing out and eating shit
>tfw 5'9 152 lbs

do i have asthema or something
>>
File: katie blue light.jpg (508KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
katie blue light.jpg
508KB, 1920x1080px
>>32619473
>>
Anyone have advice for pushups for someone who can barely do 10?
>>
>>32619635
try to go for 11 tomorrow
>>
>>32619635
More sets with less reps, and you really want to be pushing to failure 2-3 times a week.

Start with this:
http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html

Then go into this:
http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/pushuppush.htm

I know for the second one it seems steep, but if you want to start with that program you can lower the daily set to 25-50 in sets of 5-10.
>>
>>32619584
Have you done any training or conditioning prior to this? Like, if so, then you shouldn't be surprised by whatever results you go.
>>
>>32619616
misogynists btfo
>>
>>32619694
no. okay
>>
>friend gets job at prison as a guard
>he talks about this cop who works there that talks about how he was a sniper
>and how his favorite part was shooting his .50cal and counting to 8 then seeing the red mist

why do people just make shit up

I seriously don't understand it
>>
>>32619700
>>32619616
Oh shit one of them made it! Step aside boys ;p
>>
>>32619472
if what he went through was a bottle of jack, you're drinking a 6 pack of beer.
>>
>>32619584
You can Marines.
I'm a poolee (ship out March 17th), and my run time is actually worse. They'll work with you to get it better, you just have to put the effort in.
>>
>>32619772
>tfw can't even drink two beers before wanting to stop and go to sleep

alcohol is shit and so are alcohol drinkers
>>
>>32619785
>what is an analogy
>2 beers put you out
>>
File: pararescue.png (12KB, 1093x85px) Image search: [Google]
pararescue.png
12KB, 1093x85px
Can anyone expand on the reason for this? I'm pretty sure that an 80% drop-out rate is borderline wasteful unless it's an overwhelmingly vast majority of them occuring within the initial training stage.

It feels to me that they need to vet hopefuls much better or something.
>>
How do I breathe for the push ups during the PST?
>>
>>32609537
Yes. They'll be on your feet and holding your legs so that only your torso will move. Just make sure to get your legs bent as much as possible, so that you don't have to rise much for your elbows to touch them.
>>
>>32619802
it's chair force what do you expect
>>
File: af past.png (59KB, 666x681px) Image search: [Google]
af past.png
59KB, 666x681px
>>32619802
>It feels to me that they need to vet hopefuls much better or something.
To get any AF SOF contracted you have to pass a pretty comprehensive pt test, pic related, minimums in bold. ASVAB scores are probably middle of the road, about on par with the other branches. The screening is even harder for the officer side, CRO hopefuls have to go to a mini-selection before getting the go ahead to try indoc. That's about as much of a pre-weedout process as you'll ever see.

PJ indoc is fucking hell, first 4 weeks or so is just morning smoke sessions followed by near death experiences in the pool followed by an evening smoke session, drowning and hypothermia is not uncommon, they will push you hard. Then the rest of the time is rucking and simulated mass casualty evacs on little to no sleep. Not to mention you go here after getting soft in BMT and no pool time. The rest of the pipeline can be pretty hard as well, some guys can't hack it academically at SOCM, accidents can happen at airborne/MFF or dive that would permanently affect your medical profile. Some guys get through and start to understand the gravity of their position and just drop out.

You have to bear in mind that these are the guys going in to save the baddest of the bad. Any of the special ops unit circlejerk, Delta, DEVGRU, whatever, they're calling these guys if something goes down. The first rescue mission in Afghanistan, they first daylight helo mission even, saw a handful of PJs and two trauma docs going and handling a MCI with multiple critically wounded and expectant casualties. One PJ had to attempt an amputation on the loading ramp of a MH-53 mid flight.

The physical and psychological stressors these guys encounter are just impossible to prepare for fully, so in training they push the hopefuls as close to that as they can, and that's where the attrition comes from.
>>
>>32619919
Literally how do they feed you? Do you just eat while training or do they inject you with liquid nutrition?
>>
>>32619938
It's not balls to the wall 100% of the time, there's chow breaks, classroom sessions, and live instruction.
>>
>>32619919
i get the feeling that even if all of the recruits were olympic athletes that train 40+ hours a week they would still see a ~75% dropout rate

>>32619957
do they cram 12 years of medical school in less than a year?
>>
>>32619966
It's a big mental hurdle, fit guys can drop just as much as a skinny wastoid will rock out.

SOCM (Special Operations Combat Medic) is the school that all PJs, SARCs, 18Ds, 68Ws in the Ranger Regiment an CA go to, and probably others that I'm forgetting. It is about six months long and students come out the other end as paramedics with all sorts of certs and courses like PEPP/PALS, ATP, ACLS, A&P and what not. That alone is taking 2+ years of school down to a fraction of the time. 4 weeks of the course is clinical internships at big time level 1 trauma centers, usually shadowing emergency physicians. 2 weeks in the ER and 2 weeks on an ambulance in a place like Chicago or Baltimore or Atlanta will get you some experience real quick. Then they spend a few weeks doing standard military stuff like sick call.

From there SARCs and 68Ws will usually go back to their units or may go to another advanced course like SOIDC that covers dental stuff, anesthetics and pharmacology, pre/post operative care, disease assesment and management or to a flight medic course that will cover all sorts of considerations when dealing with helo ops. PJs will finish the pipeline then most likely attend more advanced trauma schools and maybe pull a few more clinical rotations or shadow their trauma officer. 18Ds would go to schools with more independent focuses like remote care and wilderness considerations.

They can do just about anything a doctor or PA would be able to do outside of a hospital, and their scope of practice is entirely up to their medical officer.
>>
I've got two months to get in shape for basic, I can run a twelve minute mile on a good day and my endurance is bad.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>32620054
Keep running and push yourself every time.

Same goes for every other exercise you'll be doing.
>>
>>32620065
Should I just ignore the pain when my legs hurt like fuck?
How many times per week should I run if I want to improve quickly?
>>
>>32620054
2 months is plenty of time to increase your fitness, just don't wait
>>
>>32620077
Depends on what kind of hurting.
If its bringing tears to your eyes, yes stop.
But if its just real sore and you feel like stopping, don't stop.

My problem is less with my legs hurting, and more to do with my lungs/chest hurting. I smoked cigs for 4 years before now and I regret it a lot. I'd quit or switch to smokeless tobacco if you do smoke.

Run every other day and if you do a big run (two runs a mile long, or a two mile long run) take two days off.

Also, what branch ya joining?
>>
>>32620103
It's not that bad, just painful shin splints and soreness.
>lungs/chest hurting
Do you run out of breath easily?
Is that just a matter of training as well?
>what branch
Army.
>>
>>32620115
Then yeah just push yourself as hard as you can. Keep a nice steady pace until you're almost done with your run and speed up a bit.

I don't run out of breath as easily now that I've been working on my breathing pattern during running. It just starts to burn after a bit and I end up coughing up years of smoke for a few days after each PT run.

When you are running, breath in through your nose and out through your mouth. Lean a little forward and land flat footed, not on your heels or toes.

Army is cool. I'm joining the Marines, my ship date is March 17th.
>>
>>32620138
Thanks m8, I'll do that.
What made you choose marines over army, assuming you want 0311?
>>
>>32620176
They have the longest (and from what I've heard, most difficult) bootcamp. I'm joining for the challenge and pride of being a Marine.

Also Small Arms Repair seems cool as fuck. But I would like to go 0311 in a future enlistment.
>>
>>32620201
I see. Well, good luck brah
>>
Any advice on joining the British armed forces? Which branch is best? I'm hoping to join as a medic
>>
>>32617014
I immediately corrected myself, I was thinking about "most badass pilots" and had a fuggin lapse in memory. Sorry I'm not perfect you autist
>>
>>32620397
Are you a Brit? Do you have a medical degree?
Royal Navy is easily the best to go for imo.
>>
>>32619785
Jesus christ what a pussy
>>
>>32620579
Kek this nightstalkers meme never dies. I worked with them extensively in Kandahar, Helmand and Shindand and the only difference between the 160th and Regular Army Aviation units is that they require 72 hours to plan a mission and we would just do them on the fly. Grid coordinates, a few graphics and radio freq and we were out the door. All the MH47 guys were cool as hell, the little bird guys were mostly just massive douches due to their incredible napoleon complexes.
>>
>>32620906
and yes, the DAP is a meme
>>
>>32619735
to impress low level prison COs i guess
>>
>>32620201
While I love the movie, I blame FMJ for literally every Marine boot meme

Having the "toughest boot camp" is like saying "tough sixth grade math class". It's not an achievement to pass any boot, because unless you're injured, piss hot or are clinically retarded you're going to pass basic. They want even the scrawniest dumbfuck POG's to pass because they've got jobs that need doing
>>
Finally decieded to go to schoolio
I'm starting in a week, gave my 9/11 cert letter to my official last week

How long should it take to get my first BAH payment?
>>
>>32621510
i'm in the same boat, just started the winter semester this past week, applied on ebenefits for 9/11 gi bill back in early december, still havent heard shit from the VA. when i called they said unless i wrote down the confirmation number they couldnt even look at the status of my application and i'd have to send in a new one. i knew they would be cunts but god damn i'm literally a few weeks off terminal leave and im already getting fucked
>>
>>32621535
Think I sent mine in around the same time, hopefully you'll have it soon/the school is atleast understanding of it
>>
>>32621564
yeah the school doesnt have a problem since they know itll come eventually and theyll get paid but i am also wondering about the bah since i'm not working and could use the 1700
>>
>>32621584
Yeah and the book stipend. Did you apply for the FAFSA aswell?
>>
>>32621595
i did but i havent done anything with it, it was required by the school. i'll probably call the VA again today since i found my confirmation number and ask them about BAH and the stipend. do you remember if the stipend is a once a year deal or a one per semester?
>>
>>32621641
Im not sure if they give it twice a year or once, but I know it's up to 500 a semester
>>
>>32621930

>>32621930
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.