[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/-Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 31

File: IMG_8600.jpg (111KB, 638x631px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8600.jpg
111KB, 638x631px
6 year contract edition
>>
delete and try again
>>
6-year AFReservesfag, checking in.
>>
>>32621930

Do you get a larger signing bonus or any thing else when you sign a 6 year contract?
>>
File: IMG_8601.jpg (24KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8601.jpg
24KB, 450x325px
>>32622081
>bonus

Top jej your gonna have fun 6 years my friend
>>
File: 1472413867877s.jpg (7KB, 140x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472413867877s.jpg
7KB, 140x250px
>>32622081
I did. You won't.
>>
>>32622081
4 year man, muhreen Infantry. I don't think so. Don't do anything longer than the job you want and then use GI Bill.

Deez nuts (that wasn't necessary, but I felt I was giving honest information without being grotesque).
>>
>can't swim
>joins the navy

I hope no one is stupid enough to do this
>>
File: $_35.jpg (12KB, 212x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
12KB, 212x300px
>>32622452
TFW nasty girls from a landlocked state swim better than you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN90qc41lPI
>>
>>32622516
You can't swim 25m? Jesus fuck
>>
>>32622081

My MOS didn't offer one. So I signed three.
>>
>tfw tempted to take ASVAB to see results but too insecure about skeletal proportions and looking like a limpwristed fag to recruiters
>>
>>32621930
Anyone else a poolee for the Marines?

My RSS has a 1 referral minimum weekly. If we don't bring in a referral we get IT'd. I talked to a poolee friend of mine on the other side of the country and he was like "dude that's fucking retarded."

Anyone else have to do shit like this?
>>
>>32622452
I remember a navy seal training video where the nigger couldnt swim when he first joined the navy, cool guy tho
>>
>>32622682
Not while fully dressed in boots and carrying all that shit.
>>
>>32622820
This is just a scare tactic so your recruiters can make you do the work for them. Unless you're already a contract PFC I would tell them to fuck right off
>>
at meps will they ask about chicken pox? What happens to potential adult recruits that never had the chicken pox? Could that be a dq?
>>
>>32622864
I don't recall them asking about it verbally, but it was probably on that 120 question "Have you ever had X" form they have you fill out.

I'm an adult currently in the DEP and have never had chicken pox. There's a vaccine for it IIRC, so having been manually inoculated is not a requirement, seeing as how I've never had it nor have I been vaccinated for it.
>>
>>32621930
I've signed six year papers three times. Currently in my 14th year of service.
>>
>>32622864
I never got it. Who the fuck cares. Why not just call a fucking recruiter before you ask these kinds of questions in multiple threads?
>>
6 year Air Force here.
May call it quits after my 10th year.
>>
>>32622890
let a nigga get the details, what branch? what mos? experience?
>>
>>32622916
>waiting til your past halfway to retirement to quit with nothing
man i hope you guys arent that stupid
>>
>>32622942
Australian here.

>No more 20 year retirement pension because our DFRDB scheme is gone
>No incentive to stay in past the 15 year mark besides a Long Service medal
>Severe biased shit (Women only have to serve 2 years as enlisted, male officers have to do 11.5 years while female officers can get out at any time

I could continue, but there's no need.
>>
>>32622977
oi ya cunt better step off
>>
>>32622977

You could of just said "Australian here" we would of felt bad enough for you there.
>>
6 year contract

Try 8-10 in aviation for pretty much every fucking branch.
>>
>>32623048
My bad, prone to forgetting shit at the moment, I'm on painkillers and haven't slept since midday yesterday (currently 0430 here).
>>
>>32623051
this, just got out after 8 and some change. 2 years training for flight school and 6 year contract starts when you get your wings.
>>
>>32623090
USAF is 10 years after completing pilot training and getting your wings. Yet people are still getting out before retirement because they hate the system so much an airlines pay better.
>>
>>32622820
Am also a Marine poolee,

I have never heard of that and I highly doubt they'll IT you for not having friends/knowing anyone who would join the Corps.
>>
>>32622828
He became the water
>>
>>32623051
Try about 14 if you go medical and they pay for all of it.
>>
so im going to MEPS tomorrow to give them my original documents before i ship out. i need to give them my bank account info but my recruiter says dont give them a voided cheque. how else can i give them my info that isnt just writing it down?
>>
>>32622820

Lol that's some fucking magic right there, biggest puss shit I've heard come out of a recruiting station hurting for numbers. You get IT'd? How about, if they say that shit because they're bad recruiters then you can fucking walk. Those guys can't make you go to pool functions, they can't make you do shit. You just need to do the basic bullshit paperwork and process for MEPS and get a ship date, then focus on getting in shape- let recruiters worry about doing their own fucking job.
>>
Is it worth going airborne? I could get i in my contract for infantry or cav scout but is it worth it or just a good way of fucking up my knees?
>>
>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

you nerds need to put up the text
>>
What's it like to be a 29E?
>>
>>32623796
That's a good way to fuck up your knees
>>
File: IMG_0076.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0076.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>32623796
I've been airborne for 1.5 yrs now. Knees are fine. Also it's super badass and a lot of fun. Best thing you will do most likely because your mod will be gay af
>>
>>32624296
Mos * and sorry the pic is upside down in retarded... probably why I'm in the army
>>
>>32624296
Yeah i'm a foreign faggot so i can't get a security clearance so i might as well go full grunt and i would regret not trying to go airborne.
>>
>>32622820
Lmfao. Sounds like you live in some sparely populated state. I'm a poolee atm as well, and all I get asked to do is recruit females. Kinda want that PFC Commendation not gonna lie.
>>
>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

That should be the old template. Correct if needed.
>>
>went to Navy recruiter day before yesterday to get paperwork started
>previously went to MEPS 4 years ago
>waiting on my shit to come back to this current state and get cleared

>What can y'all tell me about the Navy reserve?
>What jobs are good in the reserves?
>>
I ship out for Air Force BMT in two weeks, but I really don't want to do the job I was given. I talked to my recruiter about changing my contract, but he told it was impossible (no clue if that's a lie or not). I've already decided that I'm not going to ship out for this job, but I want to know how I should handle it. I still absolutely want to join, so I don't want to piss off the recruiter in case he refuses to work with me or even tries to blackball me with all the other recruiters in the area.

What do you guys think, other than "just take the job faggot"?
>>
>>32624424
you shouldnt have signed the paperwork if you didnt want the job. if you quit now they might not let you join at all is what ive been told
>>
>>32624424
Did you swear in already? If not just tell them you don't want to go/changed your mind etc. they'd rather you say that now then quit after they spent all the money to get you to boot camp. They might threaten you with shit but nothing will happen
>>
>>32624495
Also recruiters are fucking scumbags and liars. Don't trust a word they say about things being "impossible". Do what's best for you, it's your future
>>
Do you guys liked to be thanked for your service?
>>
>>32624605
No it's fucking awkward. I've said y-you too pretty much every time
>>
>>32624424
Demand to know what your service is. If you're at the point of signing the papers and they want you then you have the leverage. Don't sign unless you know what the fuck you sign for. It's common sense. You wouldn't sign for a loan from a bank if you didn't know the terms, don't sign 4 years of your life away without knowing what you'll be doing. It's your life. Make sure you'll be doing something that you think is acceptable to spend a few years doing.
>>
File: IMG_6831.jpg (103KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6831.jpg
103KB, 500x501px
>>32621930
>mfw when I signed my 6 year contract in August
>mfw I leave Tuesday for ft. Benning
>mfw when my mos (94f) is making me miss 7 months of school
>mfw I don't have to do that job for more than 2 years before I commission and do something officery
>>
Reminder: If you ain't infantry, you ain't SHIT.
>>
>>32624738
I realized halfway through basic that being artillery was a mistake and that I should have just gone infantry like I wanted
>>
>>32621930
sup /k/. I'm thinking about trying to enlist as an officer in the german Bundeswehr. It's pretty good deal since they pay you to go to college. Only real downsides are that the fields you can study in are quite limited and the 13 year contract. Should I do it?
>>
File: EtjfuI_2PAc.jpg (38KB, 604x377px) Image search: [Google]
EtjfuI_2PAc.jpg
38KB, 604x377px
>first duty station is Fort Benning

W E W
E
W
>>
>>32624605

No. I enlisted/went to war for purely selfish reasons and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I dont feel like it was a sacrifice that deserves thanks.
>>
>>32624759

Fort Stewart, rather.
>>
>>32624751
Idk if this is trolling or not but
>13 yr contract

Absolutely fucking no
>>
File: azv.jpg (143KB, 2132x1181px) Image search: [Google]
azv.jpg
143KB, 2132x1181px
What about enlisting in anti-separatists militias in Ukraine. Where can i get information about it?
>>
>>32623142

>Yet people are still getting out before retirement because they hate the system so much an airlines pay better.

That's the thing, the airlines don't pay that well unless you're like the top 1 % of pilots.

Most Air Force pilots get out and take a substantial pay cut to do it.
>>
>>32624751
But universität is already so cheap man
>>
I just want to have some fun in an environment that isn't filled with retards
What are my options
>inb4 "not enlisting"
>>
>>32624858
there are retards everywhere you go
>>
>>32624858
Fun? No idea. Air Force seems nice if you had a sham job. Coast guard seems very comfy too
>>
>>32624792

3 ID? Theyre pretty cool. My brigade is a reserve component of them.
>>
>>32624867
Sure, but there seems to be less retards in (for example) intel than in infantry
I know I'll have to deal with dumb fucks regardless
>>32624874
>comfy
What do you mean? Cushy desk jobs seem pretty depressing
>>
>>32624836
They do at first but after a few years and seniority the pay gets way better than Air Force unless you're an O-6 or above in the AF.
>>
File: 20161122_115311.jpg (2MB, 1880x1880px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_115311.jpg
2MB, 1880x1880px
Me reading these comments
>>
>>32624923
is that the new navy uniform?
>>
>>32624792
kek, enjoy fort stupid. stay away from all girls in a 60 mile radius as the GSU area has the highest stds in the country
t. ng who goes to southern
>>
File: 1476657002904.jpg (24KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476657002904.jpg
24KB, 392x500px
>>32624751
Holy everliving fuck. Think about this. You are signing away your life until 2030. Your MOS better be something amazing like 99Zulu-Alpha Outer Space Pussy Destroyer or that's just a bad idea.
>>
>>32622452
Nigs do this all the time
>>
My recruiter keeps telling me that MI jobs dont come often, i know hes trying to simply push me trough his office as fast as possible. ive told him im pretty deadset on the job i want i just dont know how long id have to wait.
>>
>>32624896

>they are p cool

How? What do they do? I am curious
>>
>>32623583
direct deposit slip
>>
>>32625078
i filled that out but they still need a form of verification. every form ive looked at says voided cheque but my recruiter said dont use one. i might just use one anyway at this point
>>
>>32624749
what's wrong with artillery?
>>
>>32625097
Official letter/statement from the bank is really the only alternative. Just do the check thing, it's what I did.
>>
>>32625125
It's fucking gay if you're not shooting and your constantly moving shit that is heavy af. And you deploy as infantry. So all the gay shit infantry does but you don't even get to say your infantry
>>
>>32622081
Some rates in the Navy give you automatic E4 upon the completion of "A" school when you sign a six-year contract.
>>
>>32621930
6 year Navy FC2 reporting. Willing to answer any questions about navying or being an FC.
>>
>>32625167
yeah thats what im gonna do, thanks anon
>>
Just finished MEPS, Navy enlisted, went nuke, did I do good /k/?
>>
>>32625292
>he fell for the nuke meme
How do they still keep getting people with this?
>>
>>32622452
I did but my element isn't relevant to my trade. It was only to even out the numbers between the three elements.
>>
I just swore in as an 11b with the MA National Guard. 182nd Infantry. How'd I do, /k/?
>>
>>32621930
Hahahahahaha, you're gonna fucking regret that shit.
>>
>>32625292
No, you fucked up, enjoy standing watch 12 hours a day. At least you will be on a Carrier, that is your only saving grace. Small boy life sucks.
>>
>>32625319
Ng is smart even if it's for pussies. Gj anon
>>
File: 1484181485181.jpg (64KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1484181485181.jpg
64KB, 612x612px
>>32622820

>mfw

The only places you're allowed to be ITed in the Marine Corps are Parris Island and San Diego. Besides, you're not on active duty until the day you go to boot camp.

If they get too comfortable, tell them to fuck off.

Oh, by the way, being a Marine sucks dick. Just warning you.

EASing in two months.
>>
>>32625325
What should I expect on an LHD?
>>
My waiver for astigmatism finally went through. I've apparently got to go to MEPs again for a consult with a civilian optometrist.

What should I expect?
>>
>>32625418
I don't know that there are any LHD's that are nuclear powered....
>>
>>32624920

There's no point in a pilot's career where they're realistically going to make more in private industry than in the military. Yes, 45+ year old senior pilots for the giant airlines make good money...but a 45+ year old senior pilot in the Air Force is at least a LTC.
>>
What kind of ships do you crew in the coast guard? Are you mostly stopping drug smugglers/human traffickers?
>>
Hey just signed my contract today. I'm shipping out to Benning on an 11x contract Jan 31. Anybody else have that ship date.
>>
so is the 4 years active, 4 years reserve normal
>>
>not joining the french foreign legion
>>
Alright lads, am I fucked or no?

I am shipping out in March, but I only have one problem. My crunches. I have been practicing them, and I only noticed a gain of three crunches to my 18. Everything else is fine, mind I just shave 3 pounds. Im worried out of my ass, I practiced since December and nothing. How the fuck do I get better?
>>
>>32625703
Have fun
>>32625833
>memes
>>
>>32625842
Unless you're something super high speed like 18x, nobody gives a shit. You could ship tomorrow and be unable to meet minimum standard and still pass PT for graduation so long as you're not a complete fatbody and you actually do the morning PT. Even if you are 18x, you gotta do 11x BCT first, and that's enough time to go from like 100APFT to 300 if you actually try.
>>
File: 71SyuFri-xL._UY445_.jpg (26KB, 334x445px) Image search: [Google]
71SyuFri-xL._UY445_.jpg
26KB, 334x445px
would this be fine for basic
>>
>>32624688
Why would you sign for that MOS than why not be a normal SMP fucker and do 11 or 12 series.
>>
>>32625885
Literally the perfect watch for basic.
>>
>>32625883
Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm shipping for the Marines. I asked for an aviation operations MOS, but still.

Wat do mane, Im doing crunches in sets of 10/failure as we speak everyday. Someone holds my feet
>>
>canadian
>graduate high school
>don't know if I want to go to university to be a teacher or join the army
>find out about the military reserves
>do both
>5 years of university and reserves if a sweet go
>in year 6 of teaching
>tired of it because the conditions have been getting worse and worse
>been in the reserves long enough to know full time is bullshit
>too afraid to quit my steady employment, not stupid enough to go reg force
>>
>>32622516
>>32622839
As a reservist, we rarely do the swin test, and the one time we did, it was at a public pool, so we couldn't bring rifles and the pool staff said no boots because they were dirty/polish is a no go

Just straight uniform was unnerving enough, the boots and rifle would make it legit challenging/scary without practice. And I don't mean swimming practice, practice with a rifle and boots and whatshit.
>>
>>32622864
In my experience, vaccinations are only important when you go out of country, at which point, they'll shoot you up you up good.

Although I heard tell of one guy who fought and screamed loudly enough they overlooked his vaccinations when he went overseas. When I say heard tell, I talked to the guy's mom, who was a reservist.

She didn't have hers either, but never went overseas.

It was scary thinking that the military would back down on FUCKING VACCINATIONS. 25% of soldiers are autistic anyways.
>>
>>32625921
i concur.
still have the one i went through basic back in the summer of 1988.
haven't worn a watch in many years, but with a new band & battery i would bet the old casio g-shock would still work even though the crystal is scratched all to hell from low crawling through sand.
you really need one and this IS the one.
>>
>>32625938
How many crunches can you do in 2 minutes?

Put your fucking feet under a couch or chair or something and do them. They aint hard at all.
>>
>>32624824
Do you know Russian?
>>
>>32621930
On my seventh year in the af on active duty. Leadership air force wide is getting extra faggoty. If you have to do something go reserve.
>>
>>32624792
That was my third post.

A lot of people complain about it, but I didn't think it was that bad. Savannah itself is pretty damn nice.
>>
Probably gonna get some flak for this but whatever

I am an already enlisted soldier currently in possession of two MOSes, 11B and 19D, (my PMOS is 19D and Secondary is 11B). I am about to exit training as 19D (already fully qualified as 11B) and go to my first duty station but I am worried. I really liked being Infantry and I liked having the option to go to 75th or SF in the future.

So my questions boil down to two things,

1. How easy would it be to switch to 11B after I get to 3rd ID? Would that depend on MOS availability? What about being an 11C?

2. I already know the situation with SFAS, but what is the process like for going 75th as enlisted with 11B as a secondary MOS?

Any answers from prior service or current service would be much appreciated.
>>
File: 1462422997334.jpg (246KB, 1740x1670px) Image search: [Google]
1462422997334.jpg
246KB, 1740x1670px
>>32624296
>1.5 years and my years are fine
>1.5 years
>>
Are they seriously going to kick me out if they find out I like to wear panties sometimes.
>>
>>32622820
That's an "impropriety" in army recruiting land. If you actually give a damn after you get to the fleet, you can royally burn these dudes as long as you have proof.
>>
File: 1467595057609.jpg (62KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1467595057609.jpg
62KB, 960x638px
15T Reporting
Also, people who are not air assault qualified are called legs if im correct, does that also apply to an actual air assault aviation battalion too? pilot or crew chief
>>
>>32626654
admit to nothing
>>
>>32626628
You have to wait at least a year following AIT before you can reclass away from an MOS back to your secondary MOS.

Also, in/out calls for the two MOS matter. If 11B is at a higher strength than 19D you will not be able to reclass.

Aren't you the 18x reclass fag from above? How can you have 'liked being infantry' when you were literally never infantry? Just ride things out in your MOS for a while and figure shit out before you decide that you don't like it. If you show up to your first unit buttmad that you're a 19D, you are going to piss people off and it is not going to go well for you.

If you were forced into 19D because 11B is overstrength, then you are not going to be able to swap back to 11B until the strength of the two MOS change.
>>
>>32626689
>>32626654
And show nothing
>>
>>32624923
Holy hell I think I'm inna FB group with you
>>
>>32625168
>deploy as infantry

Shit your smoke did back in 06 doesn't count. When only the a quarter of your platoon has NODs and you don't have any 240s, you aren't doing infantry shit
>>
>>32622452

>hurr durr can't fly
>joins the airforce

Listen to yourself.
>>
>>32625842
>>32626638
What's the problem friend?
>>
Should I join the reserves at 31? I've got a boatload of cash, and have a highly skilled career in IT. I just want to go to disaster areas.
>>
File: image.jpg (190KB, 600x1751px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 600x1751px
>>32626786
>I hate the sun
>moves to Arizona

>I hate gays
>moves to San Francisco

>I hate the cold
>moves to North Dakota

Listen to yourself
>>
>>32626731
But we do have 240's. each gun section has at least one and normally 2.
>>
Recruiter fag here (Army). I'll hang out for a bit and answer some questions.

>>32624424
Just refuse to ship unless they reno your job.

>>32625012
What branch? What was your ASVAB score?

>>32625446
You're just going for a consult. Expect one more trip afterwards to actually enlist. Your recruiter sucks if he didn't explain that to you.
>>
>>32626695
>If you show up to your first unit buttmad that you're a 19D, you are going to piss people off and it is not going to go well for you.

Yeah, I figured, the intent of my question is not so much to completely poo poo the 19D MOS as much as it is to gather general information.

>If you were forced into 19D because 11B is overstrength, then you are not going to be able to swap back to 11B until the strength of the two MOS change.

In your experience, have you ever heard of this actually happening? Also, what about switching from an at-strength MOS like 19D to something that is in demand, like 11C?

Would I just do the AIT part of that since I have done Infantry OSUT?
>>
>>32626920
Fuck you, you lying sack of shit
>>
>>32624296
Shovel some snow faggot. You will jump once every 4 months if you get lucky. Fuck 509th!!
>>
If someone goes the mustang route, do they keep their MOS?
>>
>>32626680
fuck you, you lift faggot. legs are non airborne personnel, no one gives a fuck about air assault
>>
>>32626695
b-b-b-ut cav scouts are just like infuntry....
>>
>>32626977
Someone sounds butt hurt.
>>
So if I've got 2 scars on my wrists from trying to kill myself and I was hospitalized, can I pass bullshit. The scars aren't really "suicidey looking" and I've moved past that shit in the years after my grandma died. My family are prepared to lie for me. Will/can I get in?
>>
>>32627080
I am
On staff duty going into a 4 day and all my friends are snapping me pictures of the bar
>>
>>32622864
In their blood test they will find that you don't have the antibodies, and when they immunize you at boot camp you will get 9 injections at a time instead 8. That's all.
>>
>>32627100
Please don't join if you've felt any urges since. We already have enough ex soldiers going on rampages.
>>
>>32627132
I don't, honest to god. I was doing real rough for a while from but I've really gotten through that shit. I grew up. I just want to join the military, it's something I wanted to do for a fair bit of my life. I really hope that this won't fuck me though whether it's through a waiver or through just lying, I don't know.
>>
>>32627104
Been there done that. I know the feeling.

>>32627100
Chances of sliding that past the doctors at MEPS are next to none. You're DQ'd. Don't go fucking someone's career over.
>>
>>32625921
What about the terrorist watch? It's thinner and less bulky than the g shock.
>>
>>32626920
Have you ever encountered a greencard holder from Switzerland or the EU or somebody from a first world country with a strong accent ? What do you personally think about such potential recruits and will recruiters make it harder for such people to join ?
>>
>>32627148
Well then good luck in your journey. I hope you can realize your dreams
>>
>>32627118
It's cheaper to just give the shot when you get to basic.
>>
>>32626585
No, I do them. I just never tested my crunches in 2 minutes. Max set is 20, but i never tested myself for a whil
>>
>>32622803
Get fit and take practice tests.
>>
>>32621930

Ive wanted to serve for awhile and first kicked the idea around a few years ago when applying for the ROTC scholarship but didnt make the cut, Im my second year in university and want to serve in the Navy but their is no Navy ROTC program in my university(only AF, and Army).

When I get my degree is their any way they will immediately take me as an officer.

I would only want to serve as an officer and dont want to sign in as an enlisted should I give up my hopes on becoming an officer in the Navy?
>>
>>32627240
How did you get past MEPS if your max set is 20?

You are doing crunches and not sit ups, right?

not meaning to sound harsh, I still cant past the IST due to my run time, but come on man you have to want it and it sure seems like you dont want it
>>
>>32627284
Yeah, I'm doing crunches. Although, Im fooling around with my distance from the person holding my feet and stuff like that. I also asked my recruiter and pointed out my discoveries and he said it doesnt matter how far away from the person I sit, as long as they can wrap up and I do good form. I do better crunches far away, and so forth. I pass my run time and I'm doing pushups rather than pullups, and Im passing that as well. Just crunches man. My recruiter doesnt even seem worried oddly. I dont even know if I'll have my crunches ready
>>
>>32627275
>http://www.ocs.navy.mil/
>>
>>32627275
>Wanna do ROTC to be an officer
>Didn't make the cut
>Won't just join up because he wants to be high and mighty officer despite "wanting to serve"
C'mon kid
>>
>>32627339
i meant the ROTC scholarship
>>
>>32627339
Doesn't realize how few ROTC scholarships are actually awarded..... Probably doesn't understand how ROTC traditionally works.
>>
File: 1484170564589.jpg (40KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
1484170564589.jpg
40KB, 600x899px
>>32627331
I find crunches to be the easier of the three, with running as the most difficult.

Just keep at it bud. So four or five max sets a day, with a day of not doing crunches in between. You'll get up to that 55 minimum in no time.

You can also try this, my recruiter recommended it to a few other poolees. http://www.300situps.com/?_ga=1.93685149.1646828620.1483937457

good luck man
>>
>>32622018
6 year and checking in. Best thing I've ever done. Huge bonus, kicker, free tuition and going on any trip I want with them.
>>
>>32627181
Swefag in the process of enlisting right now here. My recruiter looked a bit worried when I went through the door and he heard I had an accent and asked where I was from. But when i said I am a permanent resident he relaxed a bit. After I did my EST amd wrote 85 he is extremely eager to send me off as soon as he can.

They get a lot of people who aren't eligible coming in, like people on student visas. But if you meet the requirements they'll play ball. No problems. One of the recruiters in the station joined as a green card holder too from Russia or something.
>>
>>32627181
Also since you're not a citizen you can't get jobs that require security clearance. You'll be limited with what you can do. But since I wanted to go combat arms anyways that doesn't change anything for me personally.
>>
>>32627384
did you save this from my post earlier today you rapscallion
>>
>>32627443
I sure did, it made me giggle
>>
>>32627181
Green card holders are fairly easy to deal with. Accents do not sway my decision to process someone unless I feel something isn't "right" with them. Then I dig a little deeper.

>>32627436
They get fast tracked to citizenship. Once obtained, they can apply for a clearance and reclass.
>>
File: TobleronePEPE.png (173KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
TobleronePEPE.png
173KB, 3000x3000px
>>32627470
well i'm glad.
>>
>>32627419
what branch and what combat mos? Also what did the swedish embassy say about that? The swiss embassy told me that I will lose my swiss citizenship for joining / probably right after getting the us citizenship via finishing boot camp.
>>
>>32627500
Army. Probably infantry or cav scout. I'm scheduled for my asvab next week so I'll know more then. Pretty sure I'll have to destroy my swedish passport when I become a us citizen in the armed forces. Those are US rules rather than swedish rules. I think I can get it back after I leave the armed forces though. We'll see. Not a huge concern for me really. I'm married and I'm planning to stay.
>>
>>32626920
So after the consult, I've just got to stay the night one more time and just sign the dotted line? No more MEPs fuckery?
>>
>>32626948
>In your experience, have you ever heard of this actually happening?

It's possible but unpredictable. You could wait for years without the strengths changing the way that you want. Or the results of the new NDAA could change it next year.

>Also, what about switching from an at-strength MOS like 19D to something that is in demand, like 11C?

So long as the in/out calls say that you can do it, you can do it.

>Would I just do the AIT part of that since I have done Infantry OSUT?

No idea. I've never heard of someone switching from 11B to 11C.
>>
I'm a 35m. I have my field manual (FM 2-22.3) and the army reg for Infosec (AR 380-5).

I'm liking the idea of building a small personal library of these military manuals, but I'm not sure what's generally useful or what might help me prep for various things I do in the future. Anyone have any input on what else I should grab?
>>
>>32621930
Army LPN enlisted contract is 6 years. One year is AIT tho. The rest is in a hospital wiping ass. At least I got a license for free and got to bullshit around for a year while getting paid.
>>
>>32628128

Buy a kindle, download the entire pubs archive onto it.

Not that hard, anon.
>>
>>32628157
I have a Kindle, it's not the same as a physical copy I can highlight and annotate and doesn't depend on electricity.
>>
so im leaving for the airforce as a 3d1x1 client systems. anyone have any experience with this? is it a good job?
>>
>>32624759
>Tfw 3rd BDE doesn't exist anymore
Feels good man.jpg
>>
>>32628181

You can highlight and annotate books on Kindle. They also use so little juice that a small solar panel could power one indefinitely.
>>
>>32627824
Expect to make another trip up to MEPS at a later date.
>>
18 year old kid looking to go infantry here with some questions.
-Should I have done JROTC in high school? would it help or is it a meme?
-What are the differences between marine infantry and army infantry?
-just out of curiosity how hard is it really to become a fighter pilot?
-can you survive the army without drinking?
>>
>>32627824
>>32628438
To clarify, after your consult, MEPS will receive the results. The CMO will review them and go from there. He may sign off on it, or send it up higher. I don't know the details, but the type of waiver you require is approved 95% of the time.
>>
>>32628507
JROTC will have only helped you get out of boot camp with a higher paygrade, and already knowing rank structure and marching.

> what are differences between marine infantry and army infantry

Well Marines are going back to Afghanistan in some coming months, and Army isnt.
>>
>>32628543
>Brigade just deployed to Afghanistan
>K
>>
>>32628543
So does ROTC in college (?) work the same way?
>>
>>32628557
Sorry, I read a few articles a few months ago. I was unaware that this had already happened.
>>
>>32628577
I don't know.
But I do know that you'll be able to go Officer and do max POG shit.
>>
>>32628507
JROTC is not a necessity; however, two years is an advancement in pay grade from day one.

Squad layout for the most part.

Harder than a priest at a playground at recess.

I know plenty of Soldiers that do not drink, so yes.
>>
>>32621930
Navy boy here. Going into the Nuclear Field program.
>>
>>32628577
>>32628596
Think of ROTC as another class on your college schedule. You'll pick up some more classwork, attend some additional training, get a monthly stipend, but may not get commissioned at the end of it all.
>>
>>32628648
>Gay boy here. I fell for the meme

way to go
>>
>>32625703
Shipping to Benning Jan 24 with 11x. See you there annon
>>
If I did cross country/track in high school will infantry be easier? would it help at all?
>>
File: 1484076654591.png (269KB, 1037x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484076654591.png
269KB, 1037x720px
>>32628659
See you in 2 years with E5 and ~$100,000 buddy.
>>
At our station functions are mandatory unless you have an excuse, we've had a a person or two kicked out of the DEP for not showing up to functions and PT, just saying, it depends on the station.
>>
>>32628774
More like 100,000 dildos up your ass
>>
>>32628774

The major nuke bonuses are mostly for reenlisting...because it's godawful and they have to bribe everyone to stay.
>>
>>32628755
only if youre still in shape
>>
>>32629010
I plan on staying for the 20 years so I can get retirement, so I'm looking forward to the reenlistment bonuses.
>>
>>32629037
(you)
>>
>>32622890
Goddamn. Your MOS must really mean a lot
>>
>>32629037

Whatever floats your boat, dude. Lots of people think that until they actually work as nukes. The pay per hour works out to one of the worst of any military job, and it kills your ability to have a social life/hobbies, plus it isn't even one of the more lucrative jobs on the outside.

You got meme'd, but if you're like most nukes you'll be out in one contract and doing something better with your life.
>>
>>32628543
The Army never left.
>>
>>32626920
Army, I got a 79 overall, but I'm above 115 In all my line scores(CL,GT,ST) so I qualify for the job I want.
>>
can you easily leave dep if you wanted
>>
>>32621930
I HAVE BUT ONE QUESTION;
IS CAVALRY SCOUT COOLER THAN INFANTRY?
>>
>>32624424
What's the job?
>>
>Love the ocean
>Want to join the navy
>Can't do more then a single situp because back condition

I can pass all the other requirements easily, and i'm a collage grad with high honors.

Would I still be able to enlist or are the situps a hard requirement?
>>
>>32621930
shit! I would do a life time contract with any branch if I didn't live in a 3rd world country.
>>
>>32629759
extremely easily. You can ask your recruiter to take you out of the program, or just not show up on your ship date. The recruiter might get pissy or mad, but you can always go to another recruiter.
>>
>>32630005
>>> collage grad with high honors
>>> collage

Are you sure?
>>
>>32630046
Im awful at spelling.
And math. (still got the programming degree)

And I still got high honors, because I kissed ass and know how to study for tests.

College felt like a waste of my time and money.
>>
>>32630005
Do you have scoliosis? how bad? I have about a 10 degree deviation and they were eyeballing me hard, you might not make it past MEPS.
>>
>>32630310
it's been years since iv been to a doctor but it's pretty noticeable. I was told the navy had the lowest physical requirements.
>>
>>32630330
It's something like 20-30 degree max, they might have you go for xrays. The big killer is that it interferes with your physical ability, if you can get by and make a case that you can do everything normal you might be okay, but you did already say sit-ups are hard, so that might be an issue.

IMO go see a recruiter but don't mention the back thing if you never had surgery or been formally diagnosed or prescribed a brace or something, then see how far you get. In the mean time see what you can do about the sit-ups, it's pretty much a necessity, I doubt the would waive that.
>>
>>32630373
alright thanks for the answer
>>
>>32626049
What's wrong with reg force?
>>
>>32629913
Services
>>
Word of advice, anons. I know you've heard it a thousand times, but THINK LONG AND HARD (kek) ABOUT YOUR DECISION TO ENLIST. It's a big decision and if you fuck up it's a long process of unfucking yourself to get back home. Make the right decision the first time.
>>
>>32630545
If we are here it is because we are thinking long and hard about it, and looking for advice from those who made the choice.

But thank you anyways.
>>
File: 20170113_024133.jpg (2MB, 1519x2023px) Image search: [Google]
20170113_024133.jpg
2MB, 1519x2023px
>>32624296
>Tropic Lightning
>freezes to death
O I am laffin
>>
>>32624759
Would have rather had Benning than Schofield, at least 3DE deployed
>>
>>32630711
>no airborne
yikes......
I wish I was in Hawaii though jesus
>>
want to go SOF, will knowing Russian and Chinese help my application? I'm conversational and improving in spoken and written chinese, and fluent in russian. I also lift and bike a lot, so I'm decently fit.
>>
>>32631385
why the fuck would you do that when you could go into biz and make a shit ton of money
>>
>>32625303
>wuts nook
>OH JUST MORE MONEY AND FASTER RANK LOL
>just sign my shit up fåm
>>
>>32631420
OY VEY
>>
>>32629142
qft
>>
>>32629037
Bruh you're not even in and are dedicated to 20 years already. Figure out how the military works before you make bullshit commitments.
>>
>>32631495

they tried to jew me into nuke too. thankfully my age waiver had trouble clearing (above 24) and went engineering instead. putting in my naval flight officer package in soon and/or cross-rating CTN
>>
Do recruiters have quotas to fill, or if not, are they otherwise compensated for getting people into hard-to-fill positions?

I always see people in these threads talking about Navy recruiters pushing people to go nuke, so I assume the recruiters must get something out of it.
>>
>>32631568
Of course they do. It's like every other job on the planet. They want to fill slots and they get a pat on the head if they fill the difficult ones.
>>
>>32624296
I got out with 62 jumps and some pretty nasty ones and my knees are fine. It's my back that bothers me now since I had to carry a lot of weight all the time.
I was 19D and if you think your knees will get bad from jumping once every month or so, try just jumping off a truck or Bradley in full battle rattle 30 times a day.
>>
>>32625319
you did as little as you possibly could.
>>
>>32631568

nuke requires an exam score that only 20% of the population can get and the pipeline has a 50% +attrition rate. They are starving for nukes so ofc they are going to sell it hard. Post service job security and lucrative bonuses are the big selling points.
>>
>>32631577
They get bonuses if they fill needed slots too.
>>
Any UK army fags in here?
>>
18x here, how fucked will my body be during/after sfas and assuming I get selected, service?
>>
Plan on going 6-year AF Reserve after school, reporting in.
>>
>>32628774
have fun when you blow your fucking brains out or take a swan dive off a building half way through the nuke pipeline.
>>
>>32629142
>The pay per hour works out to one of the worst of any military job.

Oh, and don't forget that your shore leaves are considerably shortened because they don't shut the reactors down when you sail into port. Your shipmates will be off getting drunk and fucked while you're still stuck belowdecks making sure the reactor doesn't melt down.
>>
>>32631843
Knees, lower back and at least one of your shoulders. That's your guaranteed baseline of lifelong chronic pain.

After that, it's a grab bag of ailments. Neck, ankles, hips, take your pick.
>>
>>32630436
The main complaints are:

>No control over where I live
>Either being bagged on workup training or bored in garrison. It is either high tempo or low tempo
>Being expected to do everything and anything, whether it is my job or not

Basically, I ould be sacrificing any free will I have, and giving to a bunch of people who don't actually care about my day to day wellbeing.

I get going overseas to do a mission, but having to work overtime being the gym receptionist and then going on an exercice as general duties because not enough people are attending and my leave got cancelled for the third time is not taking care of your troops.
>>
Im currently in the dep for 18x. I've heard some people who washed out from 18x got reclassed for various support MOS positions. Anyone recently drop for any reason and know what the ratio is like for guys going 11 series (usually to 82nd) vs guys going to other jobs. I know infantry is overstrength but I wonder just how overstrength it is and how many 18x drops they are siphoning off from infantry.
>>
>>32632139
Is there a way to prep for this?
>>
>>32629037
Everyone mulls over the 20 in the beginning. Make it through your initial training. Get to your unit. Assimilate to them and make some friends outside your squad and in other companies. After a few years they will rotate somewhere else. Once you get about 6 months from ets you'll know in your gut if you want to stay in or you'll get a carrot dangled in front of you by retention nco.
>>
>>32631977
>that kid that attempted suicide by jumping off the roof of the barracks but only managed to break his legs
Though he did get a medical discharge, so there's that...
>>
>>32622452
>>32626843
No, a proper comparison would be

>hates water
>joins Navy

Just because someone can't swim, doesn't mean they can't learn. They just need to be willing.
>>
File: 1427037849938.png (2MB, 1284x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1427037849938.png
2MB, 1284x1086px
>tests on sunday
>>
How hard is the DLI? Does it mostly depend on which language you get assigned?
>>
>>32631725
RAF, I might be able to answer though
>>
>>32633085
It does depend on the language, and sometimes even your teaching team, when I went through it was insanely hard, but people that went through a year or 2 before me said it wasnt too bad. They are upping the DLPT standards there as well, so it is only going to get harder.
>>
>>32625586
But the LTC isn't going to be making as much generally as the guy who spent 8 years building seniority in the airlines and once your career is ended you have to either find some civilian DoD related job or start at the bottom of the seniority in the airlines, whereas the guys who got out after their commitment have already spent years building that seniority and should be in the 6 figures by then. Plus the stress of airline jobs is way less than being an LTC in the USAF. No real paperwork, no real flight planning, just get a weather brief from the dispatcher, see the flight plan and type it into the autopilot and you are most of the time just doing takeoffs and landings, talking to the controllers here and there, and diagnosing any malfunctions which are generally minor. Talked to a lot of reservists who fly for delta, southwest, etc and it seems to be very laid back.
>>
>>32631385
No
>>
>>32630722
Sledgehammer doesn't exist anymore. There's only one battalion left at Benning.
>>
>>32622929
Army
Experience? Deployed four times. Purple Heart recipient.

>>32629104
19K Tank crewman. I really enjoy tanking
>>
http://www.af.mil/Portals/1/documents/Policy%20Memo.pdf?ver=2017-01-10-100008-623
Can I join as an asthma-failure now?
>>
Which mos teach survival skills aside from 18X?
>>
>>32633114
How long you been in the service? Any advice? I'm thinking about joining. Live in London
>>
Looking into Navy OCS. What's it like having marine DI's shout in your face for 14 weeks?
>>
>>32630711
>2.28 megabytes
>>
File: 1461858860697.png (220KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1461858860697.png
220KB, 500x372px
How the fuck long is the moral waiver process.

They told me there was a 30 day backlog when I first put in my packet in October. It's been three months and my recruiter just says "sorry bro, it's still packet pending".

They're just speeding tickets, what the fuck.
>>
>>32633823
Ask me again in 3 months
>>
>>32634020
Well, maybe if you weren't a piece of shit...
>>
File: 1473296942231.jpg (23KB, 506x437px) Image search: [Google]
1473296942231.jpg
23KB, 506x437px
>>32634067
...then I wouldn't enlisting. I just like to go fast, what's the big deal?
>>
>>32632360
The last few saw almost no one go back to infantry, unless they were prior/current service. There's a washout on here that went to 19D.
>>
>>32633196

LTC compensation is very good.

Plus they can retire whenever they feel like it with a very solid pension.

Yeah, being a civilian is lower stress, but stop trying to pretend people do it for the money.
>>
>>32634020
>>32634081
>then I wouldn't enlisting

You should see some of the shitbag aspiring welfare queens that try to join up, felony waivers and all.

Also how many fucking speeding tickets do you have? That shouldn't need a waiver. I had a misdemeanor charge that didn't need a waiver.
>>
Canadian here, My army is full of shit. How hard would it be to move down to NC or something and try enlisting there? Do you have to be a US citizen?
>>
>>32634129
Four total. One of them was reckless driving, going 72 in a 55.

I should have waited six months for Trump's peacetime surge thing.
>>
>>32624824
you're not going to have any luck with the Azov regiment. your best bet is Right Sector
>>
>>32634154
need a greencard
>>
>>32634154
Google is your friend.

https://www.thebalance.com/can-a-non-u-s-citizen-join-the-united-states-military-3354092
>>
>>32634158
Yeah that sounds fishy, I had six and got through no problem and no waiver.
>>
>>32634158
There's no peacetime surge. The "added" troops in the NDAA are just less they're going to get rid of, they don't have to actually add more to reach the new number.
>>
I heard that guard/reserve deployments are going to be a lot more frequent soon. Any truth to that? Is it going to be like taking over just so more active units can rotate back to the states or what?

About to go guard but the only reason I'm going that route is to focus on school, not that I'd mind a deployment, it would just suck.
>>
File: 1469650905282.jpg (138KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1469650905282.jpg
138KB, 980x1040px
>>32634388
LOL
>is it true id have to serve?
>i just want to take advantage of my country, id rather not be bothered to serve.

Dont bother joining
>>
>>32634388
Rotations for reserve units (NG included) have been changing from 4->5->6 years now. With Trump though, it is anyone's guess.
>>
>>32627389
Wise move and a smart supplementary career choice. What AFSC?
>>
>>32627181
Air Force welcomes them. I served with many expats over the years. No Swiss tho.
>>
>>32627524
It's a record. Keep with other records and do not destroy. You never know if it will be useful. I also strongly suggest you keep HARD COPIES of all medical records, DEPLOYMENT ORDERS and AMENDMENTS to orders. You can also, and should, scan them and upload to more than one cloud. Encrypt if want but every wise G.I. saves all records. Your LES (Leave and Earnings Statements) are also useful so save all those motherfuckers to have a pay history. Don't neglect thist. You'll thank me later.
>>
>>32633662
What do you want to do?
>>
>>32628253
I didn't work that AFSC but it will be skate like similar. Pick brains as you will likely be working with some civilians who retired and moved into it. Should be a comfy path to retirement and second comfy career afterwards if do proper human networking.
>>
Get on my 26 year contract level.
>>
>>32628507
>-just out of curiosity how hard is it really to become a fighter pilot?

Forget it and study a VARIETY of job options depending on your interest. Infantry fine for one hitch and out. Debatable as career. Go on AR-15 forums etc and ask retired senior enlisted about wise CAREER paths.

Think fucking career even if not planning to stay. It's recession-proof and the cumulative benefits from service are impressive.
>>
>>32634525
I don't know. I've been looking at being a driver and getting a HGV licence but I really don't know.
>>
>>32629037
>I plan on staying for the 20 years so I can get retirement

Talk to retirees and senior enlisted to pick their brains for best career outcomes. Remember if do right you won't have to work again unless you feel like it. That's huge. The more of your co-workers leave the better for retention bonuses.
>>
>>32634599
Be more specific. The British Army gives the majority of soldiers a Cat C license as most of our fleet is now classified as HGV. Most of my 18 year old Privates have Cat C + E, and we're an Infantry unit.
>>
>>32634418
> only reason I'm going that route is to focus on school, not that I'd mind a deployment

I'd rather go active, but my priority is education right now, so fuck off.
>>
>>32634629
Sorry, I mean join the Royal Logistic Corps or maybe the REME due to dad being in it. Could I train to be a Armourer or Weapons System Engineer?
>>
>>32634631
Doing the same thing brother. Good benefits have to come at a cost!
>>
>>32631853
Good idea. Visit the Reserve unit you are interested in and get smart directly. AF Reserves and Guard are comfy because they have a shitload of very experienced people.
>>
File: StrQSiR.jpg (149KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
StrQSiR.jpg
149KB, 1200x1200px
Will Trump and Mattis un-poz the military?
>>
>>32634650
Depends. They're trades that can be very picky about who they take on. Also, as they're workshop based you wouldn't be a priority for licences.

The RLC however, take anyone.
>>
>>32634631
There is a saying that there are many ways to serve, and if the position weren't needed it wouldn't be open. Fuck martyrdom.
>>
>>32634685
Probably not but that doesn't matter much IRL if you choose job wisely.
>>
>>32634650
You probably want to look at royal engineers rather than REME for that, though long term REME can set you up pretty well and promotion is relatively quick
>>
>>32634650
I don't get what you're going for here.

Apply to join and identify what job you want to do. That's about it.
>>
>>32634712

Again, depends on your trade. You can hit Tiffy quite quickly, but after then it's dead mans shoes.

I'd agree with the RE route, licences, trade, good quality of life and some pretty varied overseas jobs.
>>
>>32634443
Crew chief. I wasn't super crazy about it, but it's a lot better than some other ones. Made me learn some mechanic skills
>>
>>32634734
With manning as it is at the moment, unless you turn up to the recruiting office with a firm plan of what you want to join, you can find yourself pushed into a job you don't want.
>>
>>32634734

>>32634692 >>32634712 >>32634763
These guys get what I'm trying to say. Rather then just turn up and get pushed into infantry becasue you don't know what to do.

I want something that can get me a skill. Engineering or Telecommunications. Something useful that can be used in civilian life
>>
>>32634809
Telecommunications is Royal Signals buddy.

Go on the Army website, look at what is out there and make a decision that way. If you know any squads, ask them about what they're doing and what they get out of it.
>>
>>32634809
Have you considered doing cyber in the RAF
>>
>>32634830
Thanks for the info. Do you serve?

>>32634849
No I haven't. I've mainly been looking at army jobs. Is the RAF any good/useful?
>>
>>32634875
I alluded to that in >>32634629.
>>
>>32634875
The RAF does most of the military's cyber stuff, the quality of life is better than the army, it looks like it's going to be overhauled into its own trade group with a better pay scale to reflect how well paying civi cyber jobs can be, they'll train you from the ground up and it'll give you some pretty marketable skills if you leave.
>>
Does national guard get a GI bill?
>>
>>32634903
Oh I didn't know you were the same anon

>>32634909
That sounds like a pretty good deal if it becomes its own trade group. Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.
>>
>>32634910
They get the Montgomery if they sign up for 6 years, and sometimes there's a kicker available. Ends up being like 500-600 a month in your pocket, federal TA can pay for pretty much everything else if you go to a state school. Some states give more stuff too.
>>
>>32635080
I signed up for 6 guard but in all honesty I don't know what I get in the "basic" package. I know I have the kicker but unless the Montgomery is ALWAYS included then I think my recruiter omitted it. Drill is only once a month and we're doing the inauguration this month so getting info is a pain
>>
>>32624334
how did you git into the muriga military if you're foreign, afaik you need a green card and a residence to even be able to apply
>>
>>32635169
Your readiness NCO should always be around to answer these kind of things, if not hit up the state office.

But the GI is a federal thing so you have to go through them, it is included, specifically the MGIB-SR, I'll drop the link for you to apply below. It's a base of 368 a month and the kicker should be like 200, all paid straight to you. Then there's the FTA which is paid to the school, you can also go through this online, I'll drop the overview link. Your school should also be able to help with this. Then do a FAFSA and see what kind of grants and other federal money you can get.

Definitely ask about state benefits too, I get a 1k check each semester from the state specifically for being a guard student. That plus my drill, MGIB, kicker, federal financial aid, and a part time job through a VA work study and I pull down about 2k a month for doing practically nothing. Since tuition is paid for I pocket all the federal financial aid and grants every year too. It's going to suck when I have to get a real job, but there's always grad school.

https://www.vets.gov/education/gi-bill/montgomery-selected-reserve/

https://www.goarmyed.com/public/public_money_for_college-tuition_assistance.aspx
>>
>>32635179
Correct. I am a green card holder, married an american woman so i am a permanent resident.
>>
File: 1482325396997.png (458KB, 902x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482325396997.png
458KB, 902x720px
>Join Active Army as a POG
>Former couch potato now into fitness and gym and diet religiously
>All I care is making money to supply my family (no kids/wife)
>Used to play and pretend Hooah Hooah motivation to the end in order to just get through the day

2 YEARS already in and I already believe the military is no longer for me, am I like a rare case? I no longer tolerate dumb shit and get constant pep talks now for acting like a human being and honestly think me and my Unit hate each other
>>
File: justfuckmyshitupfam.png (709KB, 671x505px) Image search: [Google]
justfuckmyshitupfam.png
709KB, 671x505px
>>32635353
>getting paid more than the average E-4 without all the bullshit and still getting those mil bennies

Why didn't I do this? Fuck.
>>
>>32635404
>am I like a rare case?
Are you retarded? Of course not. Most people do 4 and get out for a reason. Get out and use your Gi Bill to re invent your life.
>>
>come to meg
>no instances of people looking into joining the submarine force
good

because don't
>>
>>32635729
>because don't
I was thinking about it.
Could you tell me why not?
>>
>>32631385
You wanna be SOF but cant even look something up yourself? You've got some maturing to do before you even think about SOF
>>
>>32633626
SERE instructor
>>
>>32634055
Good luck anon. I hope you make it.
>>
>>32631843
lol
bro, SFAS is like dipping your fucking toe in the puddle. Your body will be destroyed much much more throughout the Q and once you get on a team, not to mention deployments and other selections you may attend further down the line. Some guys bodies fall apart in basic training. Some guys are E9's who are assaulters still in tier 1 units still taking a UBRR every 6 months.
*Individual experiences may vary.
>>
>>32631385
Do you have a degree? Are you foreign born or ethnic in any way? Depending on your intelligence, aptitudes, and lifestyle, you may consider applying for the agency @ cia.gov
>>
I want to fly planes. How can I get a job flying planes?
>>
>>32628507
JROTC isn't gonna do shit for you in a infantry platoon. ie nobody will give a fuck.

I'm not a marine, so I cant speak to what they are like. Army does get more money and is better funded over all though. Not as brainwashed. If you ETS after 4 years or want to do other things the Army has better options than the marines.

Becoming a fighter pilot is astronomically difficult. It is much easier to go any MOS in the army and drop a warrant packet down the line for aviation and go fly helicopters.

You can survive without drinking.
>>
>>32635795
Average of 63 hour work week, you get two consecutive days off either once a month or never (depending on duty section location), the work environment is filled with people with understandably miserable people who take it out on each other, at-sea living conditions are literally worse than prison which you have to deal with for six months at a time. Also essentially zero communication off-hull while at sea.

This is of course mostly a fast attack submarine thing, ballistic missile submarines (which you almost certainly will not be assigned to due to them being far fewer in number) do things that mitigate these issues.

Basically excessive working hours, an environment of intense negativity, living conditions that would be considered cruel and unusual and an inability to communicate with your loved ones while underway makes the submarine force the part of the armed forces the one with the highest suicide rate.

If you are dead set on joining the submarine force you want to enlist as particular rates. Specifically Sonar Technician, Fire Control Technician, Yoeman, Logistics specialist or ITS to minimize having to be at work from when it's dark to until it's dark again every day while in port.
>>
>>32636186
>UBRR
Whats this?
>>
>>32636385
Upper Body Round Robin, a PT test used in certain military units as their standard. Google it if you want specifics. Meeting a minimum passing score in each event will still land you several hundred points below the passing score for the test. It is a very good physical fitness test. The 12 mile ruck is typically done as an additional task, the 5 mile run is what is used as the metric standard.
>>
>>32636627
>>32636627
>>32636627
>>
>>32635169
What unit?
>tfw NGRF
>>
>>32635921
Sorry that was poorly phrased it was late and I was tired. I meant something more along the lines of would my skills be applicable in sof rather than another mos? The thought of translation jobs makes me want to an hero, so maybe humint?
>>32636203
Nah, full American, no other citizenship. Mom taught me russian growing up, and friends taught me chinese. I was looking at the military rather than private or three-letter-agency because I'm in school, but haven't done very well.
>>
>>32636814
military sounds good for you then. It's a good place to figure out what you want to do with your life, even if it has nothing to do with the military. You'll grow up a lil, mature a lil, get money for school, and maybe do some cool stuff. I suggest it to anybody who feels a little "lost" and unsure of what to do with their future.
>>
>>32636951
thanks mate, guess I'll check back in a few months.
>>
>>32631587
Yeah I'm only at 22 right now but unless I land wrong I don't think my knees will be fucked. My lower back is already starting to hurt
>>
>>32624296

>a fucking leaf!
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.