[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-lethal defense thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11

File: non-lethal salt projectiles.jpg (62KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
non-lethal salt projectiles.jpg
62KB, 640x533px
Can we have a thread about gear designed not to take a life?
>>
>>32532742
Oh, like nerf?
>>>/toy/
>>
>>32532742
doubtful
>>
>>32532742
my weapons are only designed to kill sub-human garbage

you have to be alive to have your life taken. When you go around doing things that deserve to get you shot then you can't be surprised when you do get shot

play stupid games win stupid prizes

go away cracked.com
>>
>>32532742
>>>/asp/asg
>>
>Hurr Durr, shoot first, ask questions later
>>
>>32532742
Enjoy being sued because you caused the assailant emotional trauma and or chipped a tooth and dying in prison when one of his crew gets revenge.
>>
I think most people are well-served with pepper spray. It's important to have a middle ground between harsh language and shooting somebody in the face. As compared to fighting them (which, if you're carrying a gun, becomes much more risky -- see Zimmerman), it can be the difference in perception between "drunken quarrel" and "obviously defending themselves" when dealing with somebody who presents a threat you cannot yet shoot. I'd recommend either an ASP Key Defender or Sabre Red Spitfire for an easy EDC.

Pretty much everything else is a useless gimmick outside of LE work.
>>
>>32532830
>implying gang members sue
>>
>>32533043
california
>>
>>32533052
you know california has stand your ground right?
>>
>>32533094
stand your ground in california means if a disabled attacker is actively robbing your house you legally must assist xim or xher by standing on the ground outside your home while giving them at state mandatory minimum 45 minutes to accomplish their theft
>>
File: 1369116654968.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1369116654968.gif
1MB, 300x225px
dead men tell no tales.

t. zimmerman
>>
>>32533121
god damn old animus were pretty brutal
>>
>>32533043

Old finnish saying. If you are a bad guy you always win. If you win the fight in streets you win. If you lose the fight in streets you will still win in court.
>>
>>32533104
Alright, I had a chuckle at that.

But no, they have a pretty strict law concerning home defense.
You know, if you can even get a gun there anymore.
>>
>>32533121
what animeu
>>
>>32533163
Space Runaway Ideon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5i3H-mgoTE

From when mecha anime was good.
>>
>>32533259
apparently it has the highest anime body count. i'm watching it now
>>
>>32533043

You're a dumb ass. It's not rare for criminals to sue law biding citizens. Them winning the case is not rare either.

Happen to my friend. He defended his life and did not kill the fuck, the guy ended up suing him and winning.

Learn to google nigger.
>>
Viable in places where firearms aren't allowed, like schools? I don't CC at work because state University...
>>
>>32532742
Is there anything interesting out there? Beyond just hurt instead of kill.
I always wondered if it's possible to make cartridges with some sticky extreme expanding foam?

I like the idea of shotgun blasting someone into the wall and having your target alive and stuck there.
>>
>>32533331
You've been watching too much "Incredibles"
>>
>>32532742
>Can we have a thread about gear designed not to take a life?
No thanks, friend. If someone intends to potentially kill me, I react with equal force.
>>
File: 9865.png (172KB, 651x751px) Image search: [Google]
9865.png
172KB, 651x751px
>Little sister is studying nursing in the Philippines.
>She frequently goes to rural villages to treat patients
>Worried for her, I buy her a can of pepper spray and call it a day.

s-she'll be fine, right?
>>
>>32533276
Sounds like your friend broke the law though and you're not telling the whole story.
>>
>>32533355

I'm sure the countless amount of people, who're mistaken to be dangerous and died because of it appreciate it.
>>
>>32533365
>Philippines
Just get her a gun and if she shoots anyone, she can say they were drug addicts
>>
>>32533374
wew lad

#justice4trayvon amirite
>>
>>32533324
Come work here in Utah, where CCing in state universities is protected by law (or at least a state supreme court decision). U of U, USU, and UVU area all great, public schools.

I carry on campus everyday, feels good mayne
>>
>>32533365
she'll be fine

philippines is mostly internal crime and rarely involves foreigners. so unless your sister is a kiddy diddler or drug pusher then nobody gives a fuck.
>>
File: spray gay.png (72KB, 500x410px) Image search: [Google]
spray gay.png
72KB, 500x410px
>>
Theres a revolver not-a-grenade-launcher up on GB right now.

With some riot gas, nets, and rubber shot its probably the ultimate non leather solution

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/611022819
>>
>>32533367
>what is a civil suit
>>
>>32534176
Even still either you aren't telling the whole truth about what your friend did to "defend himself", or he didn't tell the whole truth to you.
>>
>>32532742
if you need any kind of weapon to defend yourself from less than a group you're a fag

intimidation is the only thing you should need
>>
File: 9mmfight.gif (3MB, 320x170px) Image search: [Google]
9mmfight.gif
3MB, 320x170px
>>32532742
>Can we have a 9mm thread?
Sure.
>>
>>32533043
A couple days ago there was a thread about a Florida man who is facing 20 years or so for firing a warning shot.
If you don't kill them they can sue, even if they're breaking down your front door and most cucked courts (pretty much all of them) will side with them for "pain and suffering"
>>
File: 1476880946932.jpg (97KB, 348x470px) Image search: [Google]
1476880946932.jpg
97KB, 348x470px
>>32532742
I suppose it could be useful if it could truly incapacitate the enemy so you could then capture them and torture them out in the barn.
>>
>>32533132
yeah they were, we need to make anime great again.
>>
>>32533383
she'll have to marry a filipino citizen first though (if she isnt one)
although given if she does she gets to have a fun switch
>>
>>32532742
The only reason I'd draw a weapon on someone is to defend my life because I believe it is being threatened.

I'm not going to respond to a life-or-death threat with non-lethal force unless I absolutely don't have to. An example of absolutely not having to is if the first few shots miss, and the assailant runs away. In fact, that may be the only situation.

Less-than-lethal is for police and security forces trying to contain or diffuse non-lethal situations.

>>32532830
Shut up, this shit is as stupid as suggesting that you should respond to a lethal threat with non-lethal force.

I've actually defended myself from an assault. People can file suits all they want, but the only way they are receiving compensation is if they can prove they were unjustly damaged. When the judge hears that you were legally defending yourself from an unlawful attack, their basis for unjust damages received goes out the window.

There has NEVER been any amount of precedence set to allow someone who was legally defending themselves against an unlawful attack to be the target of redress against their assailant. Ever. This is bubba fudd tier urban myth.
>>
>>32532795

>play stupid games win stupid prizes

can we be done with this phrase? its posted in like every fucking thread nowadays.
>>
>>32534759
>can you people make simple life changes to sound less retarded?

You're expecting an awful lot out a veteran or the kind of person who obsesses with the military but never joined.
>>
>>32532859
yup.
>>
>>32533365
Sorry anon, your sister will be raped and then burned alive and tossed into a well.
>>
File: hf5.png (91KB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
hf5.png
91KB, 350x250px
>4500 lumens
I cant get this idea out of my head man. What about a mach jesus bright light?
>>
>>32535129
>criminal is blinded
>closes eyes
>magdumps where the light came from
Yeah great idea, Sherlock. Just get a gun you pussies.
>>
>>32535166
Have you seen a light >1000 lumens head on?
You literally just see white/red. You cant see where it comes from
>>
>>32535180
>in a hallway
>get blinded from head on
Durr now wher did dat lite come from?

Jesus, are all you non-lethal fags this retarded? Criminals will do anything if they think they are about to be caught. They will mag dump and then bail leaving you any everyone else in your house wounded/dead.
>>
>>32534749
There was a woman who got sentenced for firing a warning shot at someone who had broken into her home in Florida. Have fun playing fuck fuck games in court kiddo.
>>
File: 1482611245568.png (100KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1482611245568.png
100KB, 500x281px
>Tipx

That's literally a toy OP.
>>
>>32532742
I have a ruger mk 2. Same thing right?
>>
>>32535392
In addition to being potentially dangerous themselves warning shots by definition imply that you were not in reasonable danger or in reasonable fear for your life. Otherwise you'd shoot the person themselves instead of the wall next to them. Don't draw unless you're willing to kill whoever is attacking you. This is a basic rule of gun ownership.
>>
>>32534211
You can end up cleared in a criminal court easily because the burden of proof is on the state to determine your guilt. In civil court the burden of proof is on you to defend your innocence and actions.

It's very common to win in criminal court and lose in civil court because of how the standards are set.
>>
>>32533121
spoiler: she didn't die
>>
>>32535392
you have the facts of that case completely wrong, plus at the time warning shots were not legal, and the lunatic racist DA claimed the woman was trying to murder her children
>>
HOW DO I GET ONE
>>
>>32536095
Just shoot wet 9volts through a 4 guage
>>
>>32532742
Considering the state I live in, you are better off making sure the person you draw on dies.

Hurray for Florida, encouraging people to execute the person they shot in lieu of lawsuit.
>>
File: Ballistics gel killer.jpg (183KB, 804x646px) Image search: [Google]
Ballistics gel killer.jpg
183KB, 804x646px
>>32532742

These are good for wounding
>>
>>32532795
C'mon, man. I know Cracked isn't what is used to be, but back then, Cracked was all about BTFO'ing stupid gun myths and stupid gun laws.

>Tfw used to browse Cracked as much as I browse 4chan now
>Tfw slowly watching the decline of quality content from Cracked
>Tfw I didn't stay to help them and I just ran away to abandon them to their will
>Tfw
>>
>>32537132
>cracked went full NEVERTRUMP

get fuked
>>
For a country that is the greatest superpower, everyone in it live in absolute fear.
>>
>>32535764
>Didn't do anything of questionable legality while defending life with lethal force
>Life gets ruined in civil court anyway
What happened you albino dindu?
>>
>>32532742
What are you, gay?
>>
>>32535764
Happened to OJ, yo.
>>
Since we're on the subject what is /k/s thoughts on the 'Unbreakable' Umbrella? Is it just a meme or could it actually be worth wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO8G5zsQohg
>>
>>32539093

Again, civil courts always have lower thresholds for what's legally acceptable because by their nature it's always on the plaintiff to prove their innocence.

The person bringing the charges is thereby referred to as the person who was wronged in a civil case.
>>
>>32540511
*defendant

The plaintiff is the one who was wronged and thereby the victim, whereas the defendant is considered the perpetrator.

*Don't trust me for legal advice as I've been drinking. And the states have this crazy patchwork of self defense.
>>
>>32540351
Totally legit, these things are completely underrated and going to land someone in a shitty state in jail for being the best thing since gentlemen carried canes.
>>
>>32533365
Pinoy American here. Is she in the North or South?
>>
>>32540351

so it's a baton with an umbrella attached to it ?

I mean I wouldn't want to get fucking hit with it, that nigga split a melon in half.
>>
>>32533331
I like this idea. Then you can rape them.
>>
>>32533374
Post a picture of your hand.
>>
>>32535392
You mean the chick who went out to her car to get a gun and then came back into the house to fire the warning shot at her boyfriend who was standing next to her kid(s)?
>>
>>32536501
>mortally wounding
>>
>>32538797
Says a guy who obviously doesn't live here.
>>
>>32532765
Lmao
>>
Pepper gel. Don't mess with spray, get the gel and really fuck their day up. It also means you don't gas yourself.
>>
>>32540563
Batangas
>>
>>32541301
Then get her some Batarangas.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.