[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 272
Thread images: 37

/meg/
Think of the muslims edition

old >>32500858

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
Can I get a medical waiver and still be an Army Ranger with the option 40? I've heard mixed answers.
>>
File: 1473367543946.gif (455KB, 275x207px) Image search: [Google]
1473367543946.gif
455KB, 275x207px
>>32528875

How long do recruiters keep your records on file for? I am in a different state now and don't want to jeopardize anything because I said stupid things at the recruiter in California about having been to a therapist once and had mole removal. If i go to a new recruiter in my new state, will they find anything?
>>
File: 1482936486226.jpg (822KB, 1330x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482936486226.jpg
822KB, 1330x800px
If you ain't infantry, you ain't shit.
>>
>>32529073
Sounds like some PoG stole your girl.
>>
>>32529087

jokes on you faggot I'm a 27 y/o KV
>>
>>32529073
>tfw i started this

FUCK POGS
>>
What branch is best for a NEET Brony?
>>
>>32529121

the tree branch to hang yourself.
>>
>>32529121
Air force
>>
>>32529121
Marines, half the DIs are bronies.
>>
>>32529565
This
Brony culture is very prevalent in the Marines and US Army infantry (see: 0311 and 11x)

Air Force has sensitivity training for dealing with bronies.
Bronies in the Navy get promoted more often.
>>
Asked in the previous thread but no response.

I want to commission into the navy or air force with a CS degree. I just want to code, or manage a small software development team. Basically just want to serve 4-6 years, don't really want to move up.

Are these realistic expectations, or is there something I don't know about? Also OCS looks pretty easy as far as physical requirements, but I'm athletic.

pls respond
>>
Has anyone ever been accepted to OCS with a degree from a foreign country, like Canada, UK or Australia?
>>
What's Air Force Intelligence like?
>>
I ship out for parris island on september 5th. I havent signed for a job pool yet, but if i choose combat support, what are the chances i'll be put in tanks?
>>
>>32529048

Be a Ranger? Yes, eventually. Get an Option 40 contract so you can enlist into the pipeline directly? No.
>>
>>32529121
Air Force or navy intel.>>32529149
>>
Hiya /meg/

I don't know where else to go, and I figured /k/ would be the best place to ask/go, more specifically /meg/. (Didn't wanna create a whole thread just for this)

How would one go about finding out the status of someone in the army?

I don't have that much information about this person, but he formed a Discord that I and a handful of others are in. He used to come on once in awhile but he hasn't be on in months.
He doesn't use Facebook and even if he did, we didn't get his real name.
This is some of the information we have gleaned, its not much but its all we have.

>Army
>Radio Operator
>Stationed in Carolina (maybe)
>Likes Nico from Love Live!
>Lived in Snohomish County

Is there anything we can do to further our search, or is this a fool's errand?

Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>32530242
I've read on some random forum that this dude ended up getting a waiver and still being able to option 40. I'll ask my recruiter again when I see him tomorrow.
>>
>>32529688

>Are these realistic expectations

Coding as an officer? Unrealistic expectation. Officers don't write code except for very rare niche cases. A CWE billet with the Navy could get you doing that, for instance...but your CS degree would need to be NSA accredited.

Managing a software development team? A little more reasonable, but even then the military contracts most of this work out.

"Not moving up"? Unless you're a total piece of shit you will make O-3. It actually gets competitive from there, but that is also about the time all of the one-term officers get out.
>>
>>32529713
Yes goddamnit stop asking.
>>
>>32530283
First off, that's not enough info.

Second, nobody is going to use personnel systems access to look someone up and share their information at a Norwegian poetry slam.
>>
Is it hard to get LS (SS), YN (SS), IS, or MC as a rating when enlisting?

Not sure what I should expect before Navy MEPS, anyone know what's undermanned?
>>
>>32530883
I figured as much, is there anything else one can do?
If nothing else, we just want closure.
>>
>>32530897
I'm not sure if it was legit, but my great uncle who was a career army veteran had a book titled "How to find anyone in the army" on his desk once.

I never read it or asked him about it, not sure if it's a good book, but it sounds like you could torrent it and try it.
>>
>>32530897
Just assume he's off training or deployed, there have been 18 Americans deaths in the line of duty over 2016 and none of them were Army radio operators from Carolina.
>>
>>32530940
Think my dad had the same book, I'll go ask him!

>>32530964
That's what we think, I guess we should be patient then.
Here's hoping, thanks /k/omrade.
>>
File: 1483436535224.jpg (103KB, 957x717px) Image search: [Google]
1483436535224.jpg
103KB, 957x717px
>>32530896
If youre the same guy from yesterday i was talking to go back to that navy site i showed you, a lot of the rates have manning numbers available for them. You can look it up. God helps those who help themselves turd.

Also LS and YN are gay as fuck even on subs. MS is also gay. IS is ok but IT and CTx rates are far better.
>>
>>32530964
More soldiers die out of the line of duty than in the line of duty.
>>
File: images_020.png (9KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
images_020.png
9KB, 237x212px
Can anyone in the military give me an idea of what being a warrant officer is like? How is it similar/dissimilar from being enlisted/commissioned?
>>
>>32531436
Depends what type and branch.
Army you can go straigh in as one and fly helos but navy style you gotta be an E-7 then apply. So theyre very different. Either way though once you get it its pretty damn good.
>>
>>32531521
Well I was looking at the WOFT program, rotary sounds hella fun and I could see myself doing that for a long time. I have a chemistry degree and took a lot of physics courses so I'm knowledgeable there and I love motorsports(build and race sportbikes) so its kind of a perfect fit.

Do you know much about the program?
>>
>>32531551
No. Theres info on the army website of course. There was one of those who posted here a while back and he said he loved it. Good amount of time off and not really many people to answer to. Id say if you wanna do it go for it.
>>
Whats it like being enlisted in the navy? Im considering it what should i expect?
>>
>>32531767
No worries, thanks mate.
>>
File: 1457045916742.jpg (27KB, 510x498px) Image search: [Google]
1457045916742.jpg
27KB, 510x498px
>>32532275
Impossible to answer. All depends on what rate you get.
Some dont even go on ships and the ones that do all have different jobs with very little similarities.
What rates you interested in?

>>32532278
Np senpai
>>
File: 1483398898850.gif (3MB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1483398898850.gif
3MB, 200x180px
How likely is going to any specialized schools (like Air Assault, Sniper, JFO, or any other advanced schools) as infantry in the National Guard?
>>
going back to my recruiter later today. Should I still hold out for the option 40 even though I have a possible medical waiver? Worth the risk/time?
>>
>>32532537
forgot to add, i'm shooting for an option 40. Have bad eyes so i'd have to get PRK. Would it be better if I just went 11 bang bang, fixed my eyes, and then send in a ranger packet?
>>
>>32532482
0% unless you're in a big regiment in a big state, then it's maybe 5%. If your state still has LRS, maybe 80% (airborne guaranteed though).

If you're state has SF support you could finagle some schools, but it won't be as infantry.
>>
>>32532545
Get the option 4 at least, someone said a few threads back they weren't offering up airborne or RASP at all during OSUT, only SFAS. At airborne you might have a better shot though, I think they'd take you with glasses.
>>
what if you had a period of unemployment before joining the usaf? no drugs, clean, have a degree. but i fucked up and didn't have a job for a while.
>>
File: 1482981806845.png (960KB, 972x927px) Image search: [Google]
1482981806845.png
960KB, 972x927px
Headed back to 19D OSUT after being on HBL

Taking a bus from Cali to fucking Georgia sucks
>>
>>32533307
It's entirely irrelevant.
>>
File: thisfuckin_guy.jpg (58KB, 536x533px) Image search: [Google]
thisfuckin_guy.jpg
58KB, 536x533px
>>32529565
>>
Can I get by the ASVAB without studying at all?
>>
>>32533483
Depends if youre smart or stupid. You should be honest and admit which you are.
>>
Quick question guys, do I get BAH from the GI Bill if I go to trade school or is it for college only?

Yes I fell asleep during TRS
>>
>>32533510
If you mean Post 9/11 im pretty sure you cant even use it for trade school.
>>
>>32529121
Pick one and youll find its full of bronies. This is one of lifes great ironies that still baffles me.

Can someone explain why the military in general has such a high brony population?
>>
>>32529121
>>32533625
Cause the military is a microcosm of the entire planet. Theres all types of people. It only changes when you get into elite jobs.
>>
>>32533702
>elite jobs
Such as? Aside from sf
And why would it change
>>
File: 1477507292628.png (203KB, 713x656px) Image search: [Google]
1477507292628.png
203KB, 713x656px
Does anyone know what the dorms are like for CTN's? Do you have a roommate, or is it one to a room?
>>
>>32532553
Truth is strong with this one. We were lucky to get wlc and 2 designated marksman slots for our state's "combat" (mp) unit. Generally special fun classes go to well liked pogs (this coming from a mp) connected with admin and hq. I would be bitter but they did cover my degree and that set me up nicely after ets
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrSS058pjWw
>>
File: escapism.jpg (472KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
escapism.jpg
472KB, 900x900px
>>32533625
>Can someone explain why the military in general has such a high brony population?
Dunno. Maybe has something to do with pic related
>>
>>32533810
SF was pretty much exactly what i meant.
Jobs become less diverse the more specialized they are.
>Nukes
Almost entirely bronies and autists. Less normies.
>SOF
Almost all jocks. Not saying theyre dumb, just they have a physical background. Less autists.

Most middle of the road jobs have a complete mix.
>>
>>32529070

Nope. You'll be fine.
>>
File: enlist.jpg (218KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
enlist.jpg
218KB, 760x596px
Any advice on choosing between CID or C, /meg/?I? I love writing, interviewing, analysis and briefing so they both seem up my alley. CID I can make warrant in two years while CI takes 4. CID takes up to a year to get packet through and pick up a class date while CI seems like it would take less.

They both seem similar so is there any lifestyle/quality of assignment differences between the two?
>>
>>32533985
I'm going to do intel in the army, probably specializing in crypto/cyber
What are the odds that I'll be surrounded by weebs?
>>
>>32529142
Underrated post
>>
>>32534003
High. Intel requires an interest in computers and a higher than base asvab score. So pretty damn high. It doesnt mean weebs are bad people but theyre more than likely to be on the nerdy side.
>>
>>32534001
Do you max pt and are you likeable/a good kiss ass. You will need both in addition to the expected skill set and general intelligence to get promoted past E6 or E5 if your unit sucks (or E4 for reserve/guard). It is a neat field but fuckall for advancement without networking like an O3 seeking promotion
>>
>>32534064
>Intel requires an interest in computers
What about intel that isn't SIGINT? Like recon for example?
>>
So I'm shipping out to BMQ in July. I was wondering how likely it would be For me to attend the "special schools" as an infantryman in Canada. I know we do exchanges down to the states for ranger school and pathfinder school I'm just curious the likely hood of that.
>>
>>32534078
Less likely. Dude my advice is dont worry about it that much. Youre stressing over small shit. Pick the job that interests you.
>>
>>32532482
About your only chance would be if you won a soldier of the year/NCO of the year/MOS guy of the year type competition. Those commonly have going to a cool school of your choice as a prize.

Otherwise, nah, no real chance.
>>
>>32534065
I'm aware of the promotion issues for the enlisted side, that's why I care about the time in grade for warrant officer. I've been told warrant is the way to get around the bottleneck and I already have a graduate degree under my belt so I've been told warrant is a shoe in, just need the TiG.

CID seems all about investigations while CI seems all about spooky stuff. The question I have is how much you actually get to do your job and from what I've heard CID will mostly be tasked with doing their shit while CI can get some really good assignments but more than likely you are whored out to pick up slack in shops or cover down for regular intel. I am supremely tired of not doing what I my job actually is for so many reason so that makes a big difference to me.
>>
>>32534106
Cyber interests me the most, but I'd regret not being able to do cool stuff like the recon guys. Guess I'll go cyber anyways.
>>
>>32534164
First off when you say recon, do you mean marines? Cause if you do youre all kinds of fucked up.
Second i hate when people like you post here. If you fucking want to do cool guy stuff, then just fucking do cool guy stuff!!! Go Ranger, SF, or SEAL. They all take people fresh off the street.
>>
>>32534215
I mean the guys who dig holes in the ground and take pictures.
I probably wouldn't make the cut for SOF, so no. Everyone wants to do cool shit, but those who actually get to do it probably aren't browsing 4chan on their off time.
Cyber and the IC in general seems fun and interesting, though, so I don't think it's a bad choice.
>>
>>32534151
Ouch...... well anything MP related you will typically not end up doing what you trained to do (or even guessed at doing) and warrent is still a bottleneck (try to get in you will see grown men get real housewives of whateversville to edge ahead) so my earlier point of asking if you were high pt and able to talk people into liking you stands. For most of us developing skills less related to mos ends up being more useful and unexpectedly rewarding. I studied budgeting and accounting in the hopes of forensic accounting. I ended up keeping most of my company out of crippling debt and all of my squad from blowing deployment pay on new cars and stripclubs. Also got me a cush office job in a well funded state. Learn what you can wherever you are and apply it wherever you end up going
>>
How much shit am I going to get as a nuke going into basic in the Navy?
>>
>>32534685
As much shit as any boot for basic then a college style mos training
>>
File: 1368661639178.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1368661639178.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>32529073
I'm okay with this. I don't like being shit.
>>
>>32534823
Be nice most of them scored higher than potato, unlike transportation or cooks
>>
>>32534151
The average 35L isn't going to be doing much spooky stuff, just SAEDA briefs.

You're micromanaging your career way too early for your own good, choose an MOS that sounds okay and would give you some relevant skills for both, then figure it out once you have some time in.
>>
>>32529121
Rangers
>>
File: 1427691312797.jpg (1MB, 4018x2202px) Image search: [Google]
1427691312797.jpg
1MB, 4018x2202px
I just took my ASVAB today and I'm looking to join the Air Force.

My scores:
M: 93, A: 82, G: 87, E: 95
Percentile score: 85

What would be a good job that has marketable qualities for when I get out? I am very computer literate and am looking at 3D1X2 Cyber Transport Systems, 3D033 Cyber Surety, and 3D032 Cyber Systems Operations.

Any advice on some better choices of jobs or ones to stay away from?

pic unrelated
>>
>>32534092
>BMQ 7 months from now

wtf? Have even you sworn in yet? Are you even on a merit list?
>>
>>32534078
>>32534284

Dude, the reason you keep getting the same fucking answers when you keep rewording this question is that recon and intelligence are not at all the same thing. I know you think they're related, but everyone who has actually been in the military is just going to respond "Well, do you mean recon or intel?" because nobody lumps them in together.

Additionally, having a guy sit in a foxhole with binoculars has really fallen by the wayside in the last 100 years as a way to gather information. Technology can take much better pictures, from much farther distances, with much less discomfort and risk to personnel. "Recon" now means vehicle mounted patrols leveraging technology out in front of the main force, not low-crawling up a ridge and looking over the top with a spyglass so you can count the number of tents in the enemy camp.

Actual intelligence work is 90 % office work. Intelligence personnel are the ones who debrief the guys with the binoculars if it really comes to that.
>>
>>32533517
All I know is that you can use it for trade schools but the rules were different
>>
>>32537077
How do modern units (UK's SRU, US' ISA) perform long-range surveillance if it doesn't involve personnel being physically deployed close to enemy lines?
>>
>>32534284
>Everyone wants to do cool shit

Can very much attest that I have zero interest in SOF. You'd be surprised, the vast majority of service members aren't about that life. Being in the military is a chill job if you find the right niche, and a lot of people are just in it in the for the stable job and bennies.

If you go intel and are the slightest bit interested in SOF, there's very little competition to deal with. Most intel guys would much rather have a well-paying desk job than do cawwaduty shit.
>>
>>32537225

"Close" is pretty damn relative with modern technology. Whenever intelligence can be gathered without having to put anyone in harm's way, it is. You're not going to get anything more specific than that.
>>
File: Team 1-6.jpg (35KB, 497x373px) Image search: [Google]
Team 1-6.jpg
35KB, 497x373px
>>32537225
They drop highly specialized infantry/SOF units wherever they need them. Marine Recon, Ranger RRC, Army BfSB LRS, and all the typical SOF you normally hear about.

Your average intel guy, especially juniors are going to be desk jockeys, exception to this is SOT-As (not really average either) and forward deployed SIGINT/Linguists doing LLVI patrols.
>>
>>32528875
WON'T YOU FILTHY FUCKING GOYIM THINK OF MOHAMMAD?

ANTI-SEMITES!!!!
>>
>>32537287
>SOT-As (not really average either) and forward deployed SIGINT/Linguists doing LLVI patrols.
Aren't both of these basically the same thing?
>>
What's the path to get into PSYOPS?
>>
>>32536954
Anything Cyber Security is going to get you marketable job skills, and you should be able to walk out of your first enlistment into a private sector job for north of $85k a year, or re-up for some pretty ludicrous bonuses. Every branch has some extremely strong re-ups for Cyber Security people.

I don't know the AF MOS for it, but I'm pretty sure it covers several. If you're qualified and express interest, I can almost guarantee that the recruiter would fucking love to slot you there and *should* be able to provide you with a list of relevant MOSes.
>>
>>32537412
Step 1: Be unhinged, but pretty good at hiding it.
>>
>>32537446
What about the other steps?
>>
File: JJ-1.gif (178KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
JJ-1.gif
178KB, 600x450px
>>32537338
Kinda, any regular 35N/P attached to any unit will go out on foot patrols running their systems, see video for a basic idea.

SOT-As are organic to SF groups, operating at the company level I believe, in teams of four. They deploy with ODAs, and just short of doing the whole SFQC, they get all the specialized training. Everyone goes to airborne, SFSIET, SFBCC, and SERE before getting to the team, team leads need to be Ranger tabbed and Jumpmasters, and many go to additional schools like SFAUC, Pathfinder, Sniper, etc.

https://youtu.be/8oKWtRAvuE4
>>
>>32537457
Interesting, so SOT-A does LLVI exclusively as a component of SF, but are basically 35N/P held to a higher standard and integrated to an SF group?
Are there any substantial differences between 35N and 35P?
>>
>>32537589
Pretty much, they get all the fieldcraft and infil/exfil stuff because when SF goes back to it's traditional missions it would be a liability to take a low-speed intel guy. They have other capabilities in the electronic warfare spectrum as well, radar jamming for instance, and have a bit more autonomy for operations like ODAs.

35N and P are relatively interchangeable on a base level, the glaring difference is that Papas are language trained.
>>
>>32537690
>radar jamming
Why are such skillsets exclusive to them and not to 35N/P in general?
>>
>>32537718
It's not, was just saying they can do some other things in the field. Tactical SIGINT teams among traditional units would have a higher capability for that actually, due to infrastructure support and larger systems, like vehicle mounted collection systems. The SOT-A guys would just have smaller toys.
>>
>>32537002
Pushed back to finish diploma. I scored pretty high on CFAT and personality test so they where willing to wait I guess
>>
>>32537785
Oh, okay.
About electronic warfare, do 35N necessarily get deployed as part of a tactical SIGINT team, or can they also choose to stay on base and work on cybersecurity/infosec? I'm not sure if I'm being clear, it just seems to me that 35N don't get to do more technical IT-oriented stuff and only focus on signals
>>
>>32537718
>>32537785

Jamming is EWar, they have their own MOS. Fucking linguists don't do jamming.
>>
>>32537995

Novembers are analysts, they don't do Cyber(17 series) or EWar (29 series).
>>
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
>>
>>32537998
>>32538015
Is 17C entry-level or do they require prior experience in cyber security?
Sorry for being retarded but what's the difference between 35 and 29? Both seem to do very similar stuff.
>>
>>32538038
I never thought I'd say this but you may be too dumb to enlist.
>>
>>32538038

The password is the same as your new Military email, dumbass.

That banner is on all military sites, it means everything you do on that site belongs to them and you have no right to privacy on their systems. It doesn't extend to your computer unless you're on a government computer.
>>
>>32538059

17C is entry level. 29 and 35 are totally different fields. Collecting intelligence from signals is totally different from jamming or protecting from them.
>>
>>32538208
Why is 17C entry-level but 25D isn't when both are about network protection?
And does that mean they'll teach all 17C personnel the required cybersec skills before they start the job? Isn't that very inefficient?
>>
>>32538231
17C isn't really about network protection. 25D is traditional policy and compliance based hardening. 17 series is cyberwarfare focused.

And, yes, putting people through a 1-3 year pipeline to teach them Cyber is expensive... but less expensive than paying what it costs to recruit existing cyber professionals.
>>
>>32537429
Thx m8
>>
File: antzbeesnutshackmarmaduke.png (107KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
antzbeesnutshackmarmaduke.png
107KB, 500x433px
is Gunner's Mate (GM) in the Navy worth it?
>>
jesus, some of you people need to think for yourselves for a change.
>>
>>32537211
Are you thinking of the Montgomery?
>>32539014
Gm is a good rate.
>>
>>32537429

>what everyone in 3d thinks will happen to them

Kill yourself for spreading disinfo.

Use google or go to the air force reddit sub to get real information.
>>
>>32539225

That's really the Air Force's problem for calling all of their IT jobs "cyber". The actual cyber jobs in the Air Force are money, but they ain't 3D jobs.
>>
>>32538964
but who was elbow?
>>
File: 1376594295200.jpg (75KB, 500x616px) Image search: [Google]
1376594295200.jpg
75KB, 500x616px
>>32528875

how is this even meg nevermind k?
>>
>>32539310

1x is a joke as well. 17d series officers do nothing but paperwork.

If you're looking to get into cyber security you need to go to college, not join the lolmilitary.
>>
>>32539430

The 1N4X1As and 1B4s I've worked with have been pretty solid, and none of the ones I've seen get out have been wanting for jobs.
>>
>>32539381
Op started a meg thread. How's this meg?

Wew lad. I come here and occasionally give 0311 deppers advice. But asking OP why his meg thread is meg? My wife works with mentally handicapped children. Would you like a referral?
>>
>>32539372
The guy in the middle
>>
>>32534823
>implying we want anime fucktards with us anyway
>>
>>32528875
>What would Mohammed do
>Mohammed would conquer your country, sell your women into slavery, and force the survivors to convert or pay a special tax and be a permanent underclass

You know what, maybe the British should think about this. Keep it in mind for the future.
>>
In the military, is anyone of higher rank allowed to give you orders, or is it sectioned off into smaller units and you only have one direct boss?

I guess, describe the chain of command and how that stuff works. Seems interesting
>>
>>32540075
You follow your unit's chain of command. An officer from another unit can tell you what to do, but only if it doesn't contradict your current orders (and you always have some kind of current orders). In a mixed unit element, you follow the orders of the highest ranking person, or if there are two, one will generally be designated as the leader for the duration of the operation.

By duty position or posting, a lower ranking person may have the authority in certain cases to be in charge, and to directly oppose a higher ranking person. For example, an officer who is not cleared to use a computer with "read-on" only information on it may be stopped by a Private who's duty it is to guard that computer. The private is acting with the authority of his chain of command. Some officers don't understand this and will make a big stink, but they are in the wrong.
>>
File: 1481847588452.jpg (33KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
1481847588452.jpg
33KB, 500x402px
That feel when you sign a six year infantry guard contract with a 96 asvab and deploy with a 2 days notice straight out of OSUT and come back to go to school and the state won't pay for your tuition because they are perpetually out of funds yet they buy $500 rifle lights, oakleys, and knives while we're overseas.

Slightly bitter.
>>
>>32540075
>>32540141

This. From a leadership side, it's really poor form to give orders to people that aren't actually your subordinates. You don't know what they might be tasked with and how important it might be.

You might get a random NCO to tell at you if you're doing dumb shit, but nobody from another unit is going to round you up and tell you to sweep their motorpool.
>>
>>32528875
>next in line for the crown
>pope-tier faggot
... looks like he needs to drive through an underpass.
>>
File: 1481999955001.jpg (52KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481999955001.jpg
52KB, 600x450px
What are the most fulfilling MOSs?
I'm looking to go into the military to feel proud and to have something to look back on.
>>
>>32539976
They've done it before.
>>
>>32541460
Cmon man, how many times do we gotta explain this shit.
We arent you. We dont know what you like/hate. Whats fulfilling for one person another might fucking hate.
You gotta give us way more details than that and tell us what branch youre looking at.
>>
File: 1481599083940.jpg (67KB, 500x704px) Image search: [Google]
1481599083940.jpg
67KB, 500x704px
>>32542085
I don't want a desk job. I want to be out feeling like I'm doing something. I want to look back at my time in the military with pride.
>>
>>32542085
>>32542172
Oh yeah, as for branch it doesn't matter. I'm still thinking about that. It's why I'm asking.
>>
>>32542172
fuck you
Again
What branch?
What kind of work?
Wanna work with engines/machinery/weapons/other shit?
If you dont answer my questions man im just gonna ignore you cause youre acting fucking stupid. You gotta gimme as many details as you can so i can narrow it down.
>>
>>32542189
>as for branch it doesn't matter
It completely matters you dumb mong.
If you wanna be on a fucking ship thats CG and Navy.
If you wanna be in infantry type shit, thats army and marines usually.
Stop being stupid.
>>
Can anyone tell me how flight school is broken down?

I'm enlisting into the marines with most likely as aircraft maintenance with the long term goal of becoming a pilot. I plan to take classes online and if my location permits off base.
What is the process of flight school? What distinguishes a fixed wing from rotary so on and so forth? And would it be easy to obtain a naval commission for OCS? I fucked up and told the recruiter too much info so I'm barred from enlisting in the navy for a year
>>
>>32542172
You wont do anything in the military that you can look back at with pride. Nothing is going on. You will spend 4 years jacking off on base and occasionally cleaning something if you get some infantry shit.

You will spend 4 years doing a normal job in anything else.
>>
>>32542240
Wow I'm re reading and this is awful.

*what distinguishes being chosen as a fixed wing pilot from a rotary wing etc. in flight school?
>>
>>32542254
With trump as president I'm not sure how long that will be the case.
>>
>>32542274
Even then the only people he MIGHT start a war against are some shithole middle eastern countries. Taking pictures of bodies after the Air Force bombs them is nothing to be proud about
>>
File: IMG_0017.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0017.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
All I wanna do is fly a fucking jet man. My school only has army ROTC though. Is it worth transferring to find AFROTC? Will it make that big a difference? Also what majors/degrees will increase/decrease my odds of being a pilot? Also will having a pilots license before joining up help? Also why do I need a fucking college degree to fly a jet, should I just go fly in the RAF instead seeing as I have dual citizenship?
>>
>>32542240
Also I was under the impression the only routes to becoming a pilot were the academy or a college degree. Am I wrong?
>>
>>32542427
Also in case I was unclear a college degree isn't necessary to fly in the RAF
>>
If I was falsely accused of stealing my neighbors TV by my neighbor and I was interviewed by the police in a police station. Will that be seen at the MEPs investigation? Never went to court, never arrested.

Will being accused of a crime ever show up on a background investigation. for a upper level security job even if I wasn't arrested or charged?
>>
>>32542438
You can go from enlisted to officer as long as you earn a degree
>>
>>32542473
Were you fingerprinted? How old were you? How long ago?
>>
>>32542438
Army WOFT or UAV is the only way without a degree.
>>
>>32542521
I was 19. It happened last spring. Never fingerprinted. I was only interviewed in an office down town and I was free to go when I was done.
>>
>>32542557
You're fine, I wouldn't mention it. No need to volunteer that kind of thing. Tell your references not to mention it either.
>>
>>32542274
Do you think that the veterans of the last couple wars look back on their accomplishments feeling like they've changed the world?
>>
What's the best Satcom MOS?
>>
File: pepe000012.jpg (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepe000012.jpg
119KB, 600x600px
If I join the AF reserves and want to move to another state 1-2 years after initial enlistment, will the Air Force allow you time to transition to your new place of living and give you orders to report to a new base/location at the state you're living in?
>>
>>32542473
They ask if you've been arrested or convicted, and you were neither.
>>
>>32541460
I program routers in the AF, and find it extremely fulfilling. You probably wouldn't. I personally find maintenance jobs to be fulfilling, because you see how you're making shit happen.

In fact, I get pissed when the AF tries to sell us on being "warrior expeditionary airmen". Bitch please, we damn well know we're pogs/nonners and proud of it.
>>
anyone shipping to great lakes in about 30 days?
>>
>>32540075
I only ever get told to do things by the people in my direct shop. Random NCO's/Officers shouldn't just be ordering you around, because in all likelihood, you're busy following the orders of someone else.

None of this is the case in boot camp/AIT scenarios, though. Then, you can be stopped by any NCO/Officer at any point and be asked to do anything.
>>
>>32542803
You just show up at your new units next drill, if it's on too short notice they can let you make up the drills later. All the paperwork is done up front through the retention NCOs.
>>
>>32533483
bump
>>
File: Strip_NewYear2017_web.jpg (345KB, 1500x762px) Image search: [Google]
Strip_NewYear2017_web.jpg
345KB, 1500x762px
Is it true that Marines can't wear MARPAT Desert on base, and Woodland will be worn year round as opposed to the seasonal switch?
>>
>>32543641

News to me. I got out in 2012 though and haven't been keeping up with shit like that. When I got out was during that faggot Amos's era and he banned rolled sleeves. What a dumbass. At least they reversed that.

Woodlands with sleeves rolled look sexy as fuck though.
>>
File: EOS.jpg (54KB, 699x168px) Image search: [Google]
EOS.jpg
54KB, 699x168px
I am now officially no longer property of the U.S. military in any capacity.
>>
>>32544058

Look closer, My IRR time just expired yesterday. That's what "EOS" is.
>>
>>32544068
Disregard, I suck cocks.
>>
Im bored, lonely, and jobless will enlisting fix this?
>>
>>32544390
>bored
Maybe not
>lonely
Probably
>jobless
Yes
>>
File: XC7b9Vb.jpg (66KB, 668x720px) Image search: [Google]
XC7b9Vb.jpg
66KB, 668x720px
Sitting here at 4:30 am in a dark room hotel for meps, listening to the clash while my roommate is in the shower. Maximum comfy. We're both joining the Marines.

This is my third time, hopefully all I'll have to do is height, weight and swear in.
>>
>>32538964
why did you invite a giant
>>
>>32544638
>This is my third time
Story
>>
If I don't have a degree, I can pretty much forget about piloting any kind of aircraft, right?
>>
>>32545081
No
Army warrant program lets you fly helos
Look it up
>>
>>32545183
What's the catch? Seems strange that they'd directly recruit people into pilot roles
>>
>>32545214
Its a long contract i think. Like 6-8 years plus if we go to war big time i think they can recall you.
Like I said go to the army site and read up on it.
>>
>>32529070

How far up your ass did they have to remove the mole? Sounds like you would be a good fit for the military
>>
>>32543641
>>32544016

Out in 2011. Used to be 6 months a year deserts, 6 months woodlands. Summer deserts with sleeves rolled, then woodlands winter unrolled.

I heard they made it so sleeves were no longer rolled, then they changed it back. So lol you'll need a newer guy to answer this one.
>>
>>32533483
I didn't study at all and got a 99. Basically what >>32533492 said.
>>
>>32545183
Why can you become a helo pilot without a degree, but piloting anything else requires you to be a commissioned officer and have a strong engineering/math background?
>>
>>32545436
Faggot I dont fucking know. Im not the general who invented the damn program. Ive already spoonfed you the answer you wanted and told you where you can do more research. My job is done.
>>
>>32529688
B.S. in Comp Sci, just commissioned through NROTC into the Navy.

Basically, your ONLY option is OCS. You WILL NOT be able to do anything w/ your degree if you commission through NROTC, as you will either be going SWO, nuke, aviation, spec (all unrestricted line). So, if you want to do something w/ your degree, your best bet is to commission through navy OCS, and even then its not a gaurantee.

If you want to just serve 4-6 and get out, do NROTC for 4 years for free college, select SWO (surface warfare), commission, and spend 4 or 5 years in the Navy and then get out.
>>
>>32542557
If they didn't fingerprint you or take pictures of you, dont mention it.
>>
>>32545452
>>32545436
Think it goes back to Vietnam Era. Plus helos are not nearly as expensive or safe as fixed wing.
>>
>>32537412
please respond
>>
>>32545823
I'll talk to my father about it, he retired as PSYOP
>>
>>32546187
Thanks m8
>>
So I'm looking at joining the Marines and I got a 94 AFQT, 130 MM, 129 GT, 137 EL, 133 CL.
I'm looking at Logistics, and Intel. But I'm going to take the DLAB if I score high enough I wouldn't mind going into Linguistics.
Is there any resources where I can get a decently detailed explanation of what each MOS entails? Everything I've found just gives vague blanket statements.
>>
Ok so I wanna be the guy who jumps out of helicoptors, but I like working on trucks and have an a very good background in cyber working what job and branch should I join.

And I just shit, can you please tell me how to wipe
>>
>>32547609
>jumping out of helicopters
Marines, Army, or Coast Guard

>trucks
Army

>cyber
any
>>
>>32529121
>american military
No wonder you fucking faggots got rekt in vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.

You lose to anyone that has nothing but that one thing you lack; a spine.
>>
>>32547696
So can I like do all three, is that spec ops?
Do I get to pick my loadout?
>>
>>32545509
I love it when people talk out of their asses in these threads. Everything you just wrote couldnt be farther from the truth.
>>
>>32533985
so if someone was never the "jock" would they fit in? i was under the impression that as long you can do your job, youre good.

Are there many islanders in SOF?
>>
>>32534284
>>32537077
>I mean the guys who dig holes in the ground and take pictures

i thought this guy meant taking pictures of the hole he just dug. it took me a second to realize he meant "recon"
>>
>>32548535
Holy shit, 12 year olds please go.
>>
>>32545436
Its branch based. The army takes well qualified candidates (most of whom have degrees) and trains them to be experts on their airframe.
>>
How long does the "hey I'm thinking about joining the military how do I do that Mr. Military Career Office worker" time last?
>>
File: 1482452719269.jpg (19KB, 452x422px) Image search: [Google]
1482452719269.jpg
19KB, 452x422px
>tfw turned around at MEPS two years ago
>have surgery done to fix my problem last year
>find out I'll be DQ'd from enlistment for another year at least
fug

Don't know if I should bother with the military if I can't get a straight answer on if I'm allowed of not, or if I should go to college.
>>
>>32548782
Lmao, the fact you could not get the troll by the first post makes it worth it.
>>
How would I join JSOC or rather be in one of the units under their command and get to operate?
>>
>>32549348
Step 1. Join the military
Step 2. Join your branch's SF
Congrats youre under SOCOM/JSOC
>>
>>32549009
You should do neither.

Don't die for jews, and don't go into debt to them either.

Wait til the education bubble pops in a few years, then go, if at all. The nature of education is changing. Get job you can check out from once you get home that gives you a lot of free time, and just read a ton. It's better than college.
>>
>>32548989
I'm having a really hard time parsing that sentence.
>>
>>32549598
I think he meant how long will the recruiter treat you like somebody who is still on the fence about joining
>>
>>32549659
Until you start signing papers.
>>
>>32539105
Nah, its the Post 9/11, you can use it for trade school too
>>
File: Screenshot_20161224-123914.png (516KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161224-123914.png
516KB, 720x1280px
Hey /k/, I have a slight dilemma. While at MEPS, the SGT that was handling my processing papers put down careers so they weren't left blank. The thing is he said I would pick jobs with my recruiter when I next time see him. Long story short, I got the job I randomly put down at MEPS. I know they put me on the military needs, but I need to know a way to get the MOS that I desired because I'll feel like I'll be wasting my time doing something I didn't want in the first place. Is there a way for me to get my desired MOS. Any form or file that I need to counter this? I've heard you sign two contracts before going into BMT. I told him I didn't want it, but he kept rambling about the MOS completely ignoring me. As a last ditch effort, how do I get out of this if this something I didnt sign up for. Can I just leave and not hit up my recruiter without explanation?
>>
>>32549873
You're not in yet. It's not final until you go to meps and sign your contract before shipping off. Just tell them what mos you want. Or walk away. As far as I know, you can still leave at this point

What mos did you get?
>>
>>32549937

I figured. 2W1X1
>>
>>32549873
>>32549951
You can tell him that you refuse to ship with that job. He might drop you, but they've got quotas to fill.
You honestly don't want to be a maintainer in the AF right now... they're getting fucked hard.

>also, there are no SGTs in the AF and it's an AFSC
>>
If I join the military, when will I be allowed to smoke? Will I have to get through basic without cigs?
>>
>>32550103
2/10 kid
>>
What happens when you fail out of A school in the Navy? Are you assigned to paint chipping duty?
>>
>>32550114
You can get re-classed, which is likely if you're in an actual difficult school like nuke.
If you fail out of Culinary A-School you'll probably go into the fleet undesignated, which is paint chipper central.
>>
>>32540260
>infantry
>96 asvab
who's fault is that?
>>
>>32545476
i'm at an overseas university (australia), i cannot do US ROTC here, and I don't want to join the ADF because it will in all likelihood DQ me from ever joining the US military.

I heard the degree has to be from an NSA Accredited uni, is that correct? If so, I might have fucked myself by going abroad.
>>
>>32550410
also i'm dual majoring in mathematics and CS. will that increase my chances of doing what i'm best at? (cyber warfare/software development)
>>
>>32548695
I meant jock in the sense that youre into athletics and working out, which should be obvious.
Confident, never say die, that type of stuff.

>>32549711
You sure about that mate?
>>
>>32550441
No
>>
>32551202
>>
>>32549059
Not who you replied to, but people the geniunely say

>I wanna jump outta X aircraft and do Y violent act to Z kind of foreigner

are kinda common
>>
>>32549348
>Army Rangers and Special Forces

>Navy SEALs and (I think) EOD

>Marine Recon

>AF PJ's and CCT's

They all take nerds like you off the street. Pass all the courses and you are officially operating under JSOC
>>
>>32549529
>don't go into debt to them either.

I wouldn't be in debt though, thankfully... unless the dollar crashes and all the money I've saved for college over the past 8 years would be made worthless overnight.
>>
Is it retarded to join the marines if I don't want to be a part of their shit culture? I don't wanna be an asshole, I just like their emphasis on recon stuff.
>>
>>32551982
>I just like their emphasis on recon stuff.

wat?
>>
>>32550410
>Joining the ADF will DQ me from the US military
No, it won't.

>I might have fucked myself by going abroad
What? The NSA is literally bros with Australian Intelligence. How the fuck would that affect anything? If you're an American citizen, going to Oxford wouldn't fuck you any more than University of Sydney.
>>
>>32528875
ISN'T ANYONE GOING TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE FUCKING PICTURE OP POSTED!?

GODFUCKINGDAMNIT WHAT WAS THE PEOPLES REACTION WHEN THAT FUCKING CUNT SAID THAT SHIT!?

FUCKING HELL SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ISLAMIST FUCKER JESUS FUCK MY HEAD IS STARTING TO GET MIGRAINES AGAIN AND MY FUCKING EYES HURTS FUCK THIS SHIT I'M GONNA GO FIND A POSSUM AND FUCKING KILL IT FUCK!

GODDAMN I'M FUCKING PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>32553414
Pls no hurt opossum, they are cool guys. Fuck up a raccoon if you want though, those things are assholes.
>>
>>32553425
FUCK YOU ASSHOLE

I'll rape you and kick your balls just for saying that shit to me!

Fuck possums they are nothing but giant fucking rats and I enjoy killing disgusting rodents especially the time I killed one when I was a young kid.

I remember bashing the possum's head with my aluminium baseball bat 20 something times I forgot how many but fuck it that was fun.

Seriously though, no one mentions anything about prince cunt statement on Christmas pisses me off fuck you motherfucker!

Also fuck raccoons too.
>>
>>32553450
>possums are rats
They are marsupials, faggot, and bro as fuck.
>>
File: doggo and opossum.gif (2MB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
doggo and opossum.gif
2MB, 400x247px
>>32553450
>Opossum
>rodent

But they ain't rodents though. They're marsupials. Also the oldest extant mammals. And dogs love them.
>>
>>32553469
Can you reup your gif please? I get a destination error.
>>
>>32553466
What the fuck ever cunt.

They are rats in my definition and they deserve to die like rats.

>>32553469
Yes they are rodents fuckhead.

Or are you too liberal to see that?
>>
>>32553481
I'll do you one better, here's the video it's from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zbvIH9P-tE

>>32553506
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_opossum

>Order:Didelphimorphia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat

>Order:Rodentia
>>
I want to be like every other faggot here and join the Seals. If I was diagnosed with adhd at 16, could they find out about it? I know the standard response of "just don't say shit anything and you're good" but I can't find online what records I have to provide.
>>
How fit do I need to be to pass sfas?
>>
>>32556246
gotta be good at rucking, running, and bodyweight shit. look up the deets yourself
>>
Alright gentleman so I looked through the FAQ but I'm still kind of fucked because I went to a recruiter and kind of told him that I'm going through some legal dilemmas (might become a felon but we'll see) and that I've used drugs before. How fucked am I? Well the better question is can I actually get in still?
>>
So I just signed an 11x contract and got a 20 k bonus. Did I make a mistake?
>>
>>32557367
do you like doing nothing?

What war do you think we are fighting buddy.
>>
>>32556387
How many times have you already talked to him? If it was on the first phone call where he is asking basic questions, just go to a different county.

If you have been seeing him for a few weeks I dont know
>>
>>32556246
Keep in mind that what you look up are the MINIMUM. You will be expected to exceed them to compete with the rest of your class
>>
>>32557367
Why the hell did they give you a 20k bonus???
>>32557431
With a 20k bonus the war on personal poverty.
>>
>>32557508
lmao, if its true he got 20k thats insane.

BUT, i really really doubt it, i was in my recruiters office yesterday and 11x was a 11k bonus.
>>
>>32551982
>Shit culture
>emphasis on Recon stuff
If you are referring to Ricky Recon, they ARE part of the so called 'shit culture', see Generation Kill, both the book and the miniseries, the bantz in Recon is practically the same as Infantry and other MOSes.
>>
>>32550554
Positive m8
>>
>>32533980
Young and impressionable with too much free time. Also their associates are gonna find out about it, broadcast it cause it's funny.
>>
Does anybody know something about the dutch marines? What is it like bieng one, and do you get deployed often?
>>
>>32557508
I got the 20k bonus because my contract says they can call me back,into active duty for up to 8 years after my initial enlistment.
>>
>>32557447
I actually went in on an extremely slow day. Just sat down and talked off a while. I'm guessing they would need medical history. Would rehab be apart of that? Would it affect anything? Sorry I know this is some shit tier questions I'm just worried?
>>
>>32557944
Dude, everybody's contract has that. It's just in super fine print. That's how they stop lossed a shit load of people who were "out" of the military back in 2004-2006 and sent them back to Iraq.
>>
>>32557960
Simple, smoke a ton of weed and not get taken back in.
>>
>>32557603
>11k bonus
Even still why the fuck is it 11? All people are saying is infantry is overmanned and aint doing shit yet theyre handing out fat bonuses.

>>32557944
Are you fucking retarded? Everyone has that you moron. Its 4 active 4 IRR. Every entitlement is 8 total.
>>
>>32557603
If it's true I'm mad jelly, I enlisted into an undermanned cyber job and no bonuses or SRBs are to be seen.

I guess being AF and not Army makes up for it.
>>
>>32558123

AF has much less issues retaining people because of cush lifestyle.

The downside is other services probably get 60-100k bonuses for your job.
>>
File: divers.jpg (6KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
divers.jpg
6KB, 270x186px
>What can y'all tell me about military divers active and in the reserves?
Specifically, if I already had my commercial diver's license before enlisting
>What is there to know about the Navy reserves?

I went through MEPS back in 2012 in another state. I got temporarily med dropped, and my option 40 contract dropped. I needed to get a heart rate test done, and then needed a medical waiver. My recruiter got shady, and I ended up disheartened not enlisting, because I was a fucking naive teenager.

I'm 22 now and moved to Seattle for commercial dive school, which I will be able to afford or start within the next 8-16 weeks.

Dive school is a 7 month program. I'll be paying around $10k out of pocket, and taking out $20k in loans. I could qualify for more/better loan rate once I'll have been a resident for a complete year in August. I have not looked into any active or reserve Naval ratings, how much active vs reserves GI Bill pays, length of boot and AIT or anything yet.

I will contact a recruiter, as soon as I get together my previous enlistment papers. Any heads up and input before they pull their recruiter mumbo jumbo is greatly appreciate.
>>
>>32558100
No I have 4 for active duty and 8 years of IRR after.
>>
>>32558192
We have trouble retaining the right people through, because the good cyber troops see how much they could be making on the outside, and peace out after 4-6 years.

We're left with the career government-type workers.
>>
>>32557688

Just go 19D in Army, 1 in 3 chance you'll get put as a scout platoon in an infantry company.
>>
>>32558275
>No I have 4 for active duty and 8 years of IRR after.
No you dont. Thats impossible. Youre a moron.
>>
>>32558079
If people are getting pressed back from stop-loss, the standards are going to be low. 'member that picture of the super fat dude in a combat shirt everybody posts? That dude was stop-lossed and gave no fucks. Still sent him to Iraq.

If somebody smokes enough weed to fail stop-loss, they are going to get locked in prisoner for illegal drug use. Because muh federal enforcement > state laws. Plus I'm sure there is something about not doing drugs while in IRR buried somewhere. You can barracks lawyer talk about how somebody could get out of it, but real talk is that in such a situation, the military is going to smash somebody's dick and there is no getting out of it.
>>
>>32557944

every enlistment is like that, it's called IRR time. look at this anon here >>32544039 his IRR time just expired:
>>
>>32557960
>>32558079
>>32559085

>Implying most people who got stop-lossed didn't jump at the chance to get a solid raise and come back.
>>
>>32559520
I haven't gotten a solid raise in weeks.

Porn addiction is real.
>>
>>32558292
>We have trouble retaining the right people through, because the good cyber troops see how much they could be making on the outside, and peace out after 4-6 years.

And because you don't promote worth a shit.

Nobody wants to retire as an E6.
>>
>>32559541
Go read some smut.
>>
>>32558192
The bonus money is going into the golf courses.
>>
>>32561227
>Nobody wants to retire as an E6.
As far as I can tell, it's not really an issue. The goal is check and bennies every month, being E-6 vs E-8 doesn't make a *huge* difference in motivation to make it 20 years.

The big problem is that technically skilled workers don't enjoy being treated like children (which you are until you make E-6), and make dick compared to the civ world. SSgt in my shop separated at 6 years (equiv to 50k), and almost instantly picked up a job making 90k+.
Every other SrA/SSgt at the end of their contract is separating. We basically train someone for 1.5 years, get 2.5 years of work out of them, then they dip.
>>
File: onelastcruz.png (675KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
onelastcruz.png
675KB, 992x558px
I'm waiting to hear back on a medical pre-screen for MEPS. I was given a sample Albulterol inhaler for possible exercise-induced asthma 5 years ago, but never filled the prescription (reflected in the paperwork I gave them).

Will they at least have me take a PFT to see if I'm asthmatic? It turned out to not be asthma, I was just 300lbs at the time and just started exercising and didn't know what intense weightlifting felt like. The official diagnosis was general "chest tightness", the asthma bit just appears in the notes.

Every bit of paperwork outside of that initial allergist visit is supportive of not having asthma, but I'm afraid some overworked MEPS doc will see that phrase and instantly DQ me.
>>
>>32543641
Why not just pick a camo per region of the US and fucking stick to it?
>>
>>32563422

Because every 2 years or so, a fucking officer or group of officers get the idea that the way they are going to leave their mark on the Marines is by altering the current uniform code. It's a fucking stupid cycle. I guarantee this current standard won't last to 2020.
>>
>>32563517
>a fucking officer or group of officers get the idea that the way they are going to leave their mark

This right here is why 90% of the stupid shit in the military exists/happened.
>>
>>32547780
>People who watch a show are spineless.
Watch out guys, we got Mr. 'I watched Saw after my mom told me not to!' over here. Back to your moe shit anime.
>>
>>32547780
woah bro, way harsh

[spoiler]we're still friends though[/spoiler]
>>
>>32561818
>Treated like children

This. I have the skill set to quit the Army right now and make more than any officer or civilian in my BDE. There are maybe a couple people who have as much training and education as I do.

I'm a god damned mid-20s professional who gets treated like a reckless teenager with a McJob.

I don't really give a shit about the money. I make decent comp in the Army and cost of living is cheap. If they'd just respect what I put into the organization, I could see myself retiring.
Thread posts: 272
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.