[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baze Malbus gun and armor-Star Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 50

I see nowhere else to talk about this and I just got back from the Rogue One. Shit was pretty good.
Am I the only one that was seeing some kinda mandalorian background in Baze Malbus's heavy repeater canon and pieces of armor?
>Pic related
The red coloration was what really caught my eye but also the shape and design of the armor that he does have. He looks like he lived out the /k/ommandos wet dream of scavenging his weapons and armor from some dead Clone Wars era heavy trooper then slapped the pieces together over a jumpsuit.
Thoughts?
Also shit posting pictures of the weapons and armor from the movie.
>>
>>32438911

Nah, if he had some kind of Mandalorian backgroound, the movie would have clearly alluded to it. Somebody would have figured it out by now.
>>
>>32438911
If he had a Mando background they would have made an obvious allusion to the Fetts, so even the casuals could pick up on it.
>>
>>32438911
When the blind guy kicked ass in th market, what clicked for me was that he was an old ARC commando trooper who went rogue with his jedi general when order 66 happened.
>>
File: Dat belt-fed Dakka.jpg (458KB, 1280x2276px) Image search: [Google]
Dat belt-fed Dakka.jpg
458KB, 1280x2276px
>>32438930
>>32438949

Yea not the character himself I agree with that though it would've been pretty badass if he was some kind of clone war relic. What I mean is more the armor itself maybe being a scavenged relic of the war unless they are still trying to pretend that the prequels never existed. Guess I just really like that fucking belt-fed beast he carried around.
>>
>>32438964
>ex-clone trooper
>looks nothing like Jango Fett
uh huh
>>
>>32438964
he is too young for an order 66 clone, remember clones age very fast.

>>32438977
doesnt really have too look just like him and there are also clones of bubba fett. Many of the clones developed they're own look for individuality.

but i agree its not a clone.
>>
>>32438988
Basically plot armor, in the books and lore, stormtroopers are basically top tier only being plagued by a corrupt officers cadre and placing right under clone troopers and Mandalorians in terms of effectiveness.
>>Spoilers
It kind of showed in Rogue One at the end, where the Imperial Navy was basically decimating the rebels, until plot armor kicked in and they pull off a suicidal ramming maneuver.
>>32439045
Boba is an unaltered clone of Jango, regardless of individuality they all looked like Jango with different haircuts and tats.
>>
>>32438911 (OP)
it isnt that mandolorian if you look at all the armor from the comic they all have the same vibe.

Really good movie, and better than all of the other movies except the original trilogy.

However i had one con.
why in the fuck is it so easy to kill/knockout storm troopers. They have armor but can be knockedout/killed with a simple baton.
Also spoilers: dont scroll any further
you really dont want to go further

>>32438977
im replying to you so it wont mark this as spam.

duh

>>32438974
same as the guy ahead of you.

>>32438964
im mean really im trying to take up space.

>how fucking sweet was the vader scene at the end of the movie.

>it was incredibly original and the closest thing ive seen that really replicates war in sci fi movies.

>everyone dies at the end, how fucking satify was that. They finally made a movie they wasn't made to have sequels or spinoffs. I know its really a prequel but because everyone dies they cant make movies about the characters needlessly.
>>
File: 'Nam Troopers.jpg (362KB, 1280x2276px) Image search: [Google]
'Nam Troopers.jpg
362KB, 1280x2276px
>>32438988
>>how fucking sweet was the vader scene at the end of the movie.
Jesus christ muh dick. That shit felt like a space horror game and it was god damn satisfying. It made Vader a legit scary villain.
>everyone dies at the end, how fucking satify was that. They finally made a movie they wasn't made to have sequels or spinoffs. I know its really a prequel but because everyone dies they cant make movies about the characters needlessly.
It was fucking beautiful. I want more of that and hope they can have more of it happen. I read somewhere about a theory that what was on screen was drastically different from how they originally intended to do with the main character and direction of the film. But the movie feels like it had the same story as Fallout:New Vegas in the sense that it was the "B Team" making the entire thing from scratch (weren't allowed to use the same music as the official SW, or the opening scrolling yellow credits as the official, this is only a "Star Wars Story" after all) and they end up creating something that BTFO the original in every way.
>>
>>32439083
damn i give up on trying not to give spoilers.
>>
>>32439076
damn i forgot that about his bobba.

>>32439091
>It was fucking beautiful. I want more of that
i really hope it becoem a trend in movies. I mean so of the best movies fit that formula.

it also lets you leave incredibly satisfied.
>>
>>32439083
but they can have a sequel because second death star
>>
File: Death Trooper.jpg (154KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Death Trooper.jpg
154KB, 1200x800px
>>32439123
>i really hope it becoem a trend in movies.
Agreed
>>
It hurts to realize this will be the best Star Wars disney movie.

All down hill from here.
>>
>>32439161
>All down hill from here.
D-don't be that way Anon. I c-can dream...
>>
>>32439091
It's not just a theory. Director said in an interview they originally lived.

Also half of the scenes in the trailers arent in the movie.
>>
>>32439172
Next one is Young Han Solo, its all tie ins and sequel set ups from here on out. Gonna go the way of Marvel.
>>
>>32439091
>It made Vader a legit scary villain.
yes

it legitamized the asthmatic quadruple amputee burn victims as a real scary mother fucker. i mean in the comics they made him out to be like a inhuman death machine that didnt need food, water or air. I would like to see a live action movie that dictates darth vaders "adventures."

I would also like to see either a clone war movie directed like a normal war movie, It has to be rated "R".

I hear they are in the beginnings of a seven samurai esque movie about yoda.
>>
>>32439179
He wasn't sure that Disney would let him get away with killing everyone off in a movie that is going to be seen by kids around the world, but then they told him he could go for it
>>
File: 1474136292057.png (594KB, 701x520px) Image search: [Google]
1474136292057.png
594KB, 701x520px
>>32438911
>Krennic is a researcher in the advanced weapons dept with the rank of commander
>wears a white uniform despite white being for Grand Admirals and ISB officers
((((TRIGGERED))))
>>
>>32439197
A full vader movie jerking off to how amazing he is would be awful.

The reason he was so damn cool in Rogue One was because he was rare, he was special, the movie had been low power level until that point.

Force Unleashed: Vader Edition might look pretty, but it'd just make me check out when he inevtiably throws a star destroyer with the force or some shit. The action would feel weak as well because you know he has to live, and you know he cant seriously impact the storyline.

Prequels had lots of Jedi, but it was just so oversaturated as to be boring.
>>
>>32439188
>young han solo
Fuck that

I want a Boba Fett spin off after he crawls out of the sarlac pit. A good insight where we see how he operates. Think Doom meets Star Wars, Boba takes a contract to clear a rebel base on some far of world from the empire and leaves nothing alive.
>>
>>32439279
>how he operates

Walk around menacingly until a blind guy kills him completley by accident? Boba Fett is a bitch
>>
>>
>>32439242
you should go look up the trial and tribulations of vader he is far from a flat character. If anything they could just pull some stories from the comics to flush out his character who (cinematically speaking) is pretty flat.
>>
>>32439325
Great beginning of a meme man, i will use.

Also i loved how this movie didnt just throw in aliens at any given chance like in force awakens and the new startrek movies. They used them pretty sparingly and when they did they used practical effects.
>>
>>32439325
Great file name.
>>
>>32439325
I see they've kept the tradition of just putting some extra bits on real guns.
>>
File: anyone who runs is a VC.jpg (54KB, 800x340px) Image search: [Google]
anyone who runs is a VC.jpg
54KB, 800x340px
>>
File: Tarkin.jpg (32KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Tarkin.jpg
32KB, 620x349px
Also the CGI Tarkin was fucking amazing
>>
>>32439499
Yup. Cassian's pistol is a super cut-down AR15.
>>
>>32439325
>ANYONE WHO RUNS IS AN IMPERIAL
>ANYONE WHO STANDS STILL IS A WELL-DISCIPLINED IMPERIAL
>>
>>32438911
>>>/tv/
>>
>>32438911
please someone tell me they have a good picture of the rebel alliance ground forces?

they look baller as fuck in their uniforms, like a mix of ww2 and Vietnam uniforms in space.
>>
>>32439624
it even has a charging handle and a stock with a buffer tube when configured in "sniper" configuration. It would be really cool if someone came out with a Rogue one furniture set for the sig mcx. Can you attach one of those quick detach barrel systems to a sig mcx?
>>
I like how in the movie you get to appreciate the destructive power from a DeathStar strike from the surface of the planet. In the original trilogy you just didn't get that.
>>
>>32439679
>>32439729
>>32439624
>>32439750
>>32439499
>>32439521
>>32439325
>>32439155
>>32438964
this is decent /k/ material and fits the agenda.
>>
>>32439776
modern technology has really made movies beautiful and awesome(when combined with practical effect).
>>
>>32439729
Best I could find so far I'm sure there's better floating around.
>>
>>32439729

The portrayal is exactly how I'd imagine Rebel Alliance ground forces would look. Definitely ragtag and slapped together with what they could find or afford. Suicidal bravery as well in the face of overwhelming odds.
>>
>>32439604
The cgi leia was amazing too. Plus the aging on Ben Mendelson was great.

>ARE WE BLIND?!
>>
>>32439499
the suped up Luger was sweet
>>
>>32438911
Looking at the cuffs, it almost looks like an EVA suit, or at least part on one. I really do like the design and this guy was definitely one of my favorite parts of the movie.
>>
>>32439154
>Rogue One 2: Bothan Boogaloo
>>
>>32439915
hey rebel scum, how come your mother lets you have two magazines
>>
>>32440213

If you read the lore one's most likely the powercell and the other is Tibanna gas. Tibanna gas when exposed to a laser beam became something like 10x more powerful than the laser alone.
>>
>>32440213
the 2nd magazine is .50 bmg.
>>
>>32438911
Stormtrooper armor does nothing at all as far as I know except destroy yor peripheral vision. they die instantly from fucking pistols. Maybe combat in star wars is supposed to take place at much greater distances? probably not, it seems they accept The Dark Knight Rises level of combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfRRapUxUrk
>>
>>32439604
Holy shit, that was CGI?
>>
So basically, many Bothans died to bring us this information was completely thrown out of the window so they can basically decanonize EU and Video Games like Dark Forces and Kyle Katarn so they can recanonize it under their own then.

I have no clue what the fuck is going on anymore.

Rogue One is literally Dark Forces the Movie.
>>
>>32440554
Bothans was second deathstar
>>
>>32440554

>No bothans

Bothans were second death star.
>>
>>32440572
>>32440594

>implying the Bothan Spynet wouldn't have helped in the first Death Star

My statement still stands, they basically took Kyle Katarn and Dark Forces then turned it into a movie.
>>
>>32440505
Here's a not-totally-official inside view (based on a toy or the toy is based on it or something).

I also remember in Jedi Outcast one of the Stormtroopers saying that he can barely see out of his helmet.
>>
THIS IS YOUR MANAGER

PLEASE STOP POSTING SO QUICKLY

TOO MANY SMALL WITHDRAWLS WILL CAUSE THE BANK TO FREEZE THE ACCOUNT
>>
>>32440608
Kyle was stupidly op and a total Gary Stu. A badass stormtrooper, rebel, AND Jedi. Too over the top
>>
>>32439233
Krennic's the ISB guy for the project. Why do you think they had him chasing down Galen and getting blamed for Galen leaking info on the Death Star?
>>
I, along with most other male children born in the 1990's who watched the originals on VHS and who were then young lads to see Episode I, II, III in theaters love Star Wars.

However, it's too bad they weren't made about 15 years later to in some way incorporate ideas of the Internet.

It's stupid I know, because it's a movie in a completely imaginary setting, but it really would be such a different story with the ability to share files on a massive scale. I can suspend my disbelief and enjoy the movies, but watching people who have perfected FTL travel but can't put the Death Star plans on drop box comes to mind during the movie.
>>
>>32441302

Scarif was a secure Imperial facility no unauthorized transmissions in/out plus the planetary shield was up until the door was rammed by a disabled Star Destroyer. Tarkin did realize what the Rebels were after and ordered the destruction of the entire base to try and prevent them from falling into Rebel hands. Also by this time the Empire had everything pretty much on lockdown and had taken over the Holonet their version of the internet.
>>
>>32438911
His armor doesn't look Mandalorian at all you twit.
>>
>>32441390
I am aware of this, but also in reference to IV hiding plans in droids

>taking over holonet

I know it works but it's kind of a cheap way of revisionism to get around the lack of "internet" in Star Wars universe IMO
>>
File: rogueonevietnam1.jpg (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rogueonevietnam1.jpg
88KB, 500x500px
>on Eadu the wind doesn't blow....it sucks
>>
File: rogueonevietnam2.jpg (153KB, 700x462px) Image search: [Google]
rogueonevietnam2.jpg
153KB, 700x462px
>SITH ON THE WIRE
>>
>>32439354
>>
>>32441495
I love star wars just because its fun to spot where the got their ideas from.

>pic related
>>
>>32439233

Wasn't that kind of the point tho? For a glorified middle manager and weapons engineer, his insistence on playing spymaster and wannabe grand moff got his ass, hundreds of his troops, and the planet he was standing on superlasered out of existence. Not to mention had he properly passed info on the Death Star up the chain of command instead of playing the strategic incompetence game like some Third World apparatchik, the Empire might really have removed scum
>>
>>32441502
I hope this was posted as an example of a bad comic.
>>
>>32439197
>I hear they are in the beginnings of a seven samurai esque movie about yoda.
oh yeah muppet time what full grown adult doesnt want to see a movie centered around a muppet boy i hope he looks like he's all super old and starts flipping around like an acrobat with a glowy sword thing again
>>
>>32441746
naw, i think they will do a good job.
>>
>>32441619
>where the got their ideas from.
interdimensional aliens that contacted lucas to go into the fridgerator?
>>
>>32441746
>seven samurai esque
They did that plot in The Clone Wars, though.
>>
>>32438911
>Mandolrean background
More like Kasrkin background am I right?
>>
>>32441773
damn skippy it did, who wouldn't want to relive that cinema moment all over again hoo boy that's better than losing your virginity to your sister (sorry rachel)
>>
>>32441786
Mah Guardsnigga...
>>
>>32441802
>who wouldn't want to relive that cinema moment all over again
Apparently "barely enough to break even."
>>
File: IMG_2563.png (482KB, 723x999px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2563.png
482KB, 723x999px
Are ever going to get a movie about stormtroopers wrecking everything. Maybe even throw in the Shadow troopers. I want them scaring the crap out of the rebels
>>
>>32441934
you will never get a storm trooper movie, The closest thing you will get to that is rogue one which is Rebels vs Troopers. The real good shit would be clone trooper vs droids.
>>
>>32441934
Don't they turn invisible from like a weird storm cloud or was the force unleashed doing that by themselves
>>
>>32441927
I was refering to the prequels, samurai/magnificent seven were alright if hollywood was going to rip off kirosawa films some more i'd kind of prefer to see some yojimbo stuff tho desu
>>
>>32439076
Right? Youd think they would deploy their "fuck everything up and make thier ship helpless" ion cannon BEFORE getting shredded for 20 minutes by charging face first into point blank range of a superior force.

No doubt extended universe books and a rabid fanbase will invent some complex lore about how it takes a long time to charge or is short range only (the only exception being the one on hoth that could fire a 3 round salvo from the ground into high orbit ranges of course)

Idk, i loved the movie but when thier solution to getting thier shit pushed in was to deploy the ion cannon trump card they should have used as an opening move I snorted out loud at it.

It was on the same level as the pilots of gypsy danger in pacific rim completely forgetting they had a giant sword until 3/4ths of the way through the movie.
>>
>>32440435
Star wars has tried several versions of sci-fi word salad to explain blasters.

Ive read everything from some convoluted bass-ackwards explanation where han solo is explaining that its actually a particle beam that conducts a "bolt of pure energy along it" to the old standby of "plasma."

Its been 30 years of books, comics, and videogames straying or adhering to cannon by varying degrees.
>>
>>32442063
They only used the sword as a last resort cus Kaiju blood is poisonous acid
>>
File: crushmages.jpg (44KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
crushmages.jpg
44KB, 375x500px
>>32442104
star wars is also the same universe where pic related is basically canon. Don't worry about it too much and just shoot
>>
>>32442104
Yea, it's plasma. Tibana gas heated up.
>>
>>32440546
Yea dude Peter Cushing died in '94 from literal ass cancer.
>>
>>32442127
What other movies was he in
>>
>>32439325
>>32439521
>>32439642
That was my first thought as I watched that. I also loved the Rebels "Space Vietnam" look.
>>
>>32442157
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Peter+Cushing+movies
>>
>>32439083
movie was great for salty ending, need more of that shit. Enough spoon feeding happy endings. Rogue one really stands on its own legs as far as star wars goes, not like EP 7 which was nostalgiafest
>>
>>32442187
>van helsing
I like this man more
>>
>>32439799
dude on the left has a gorka on!
>>
>>32442201
Yeah, I like how they didnt try to bog it down with a shitty romance side story either.

Cuz lets be honest, starwars has a TERRIBLE track record trying to depict "romance."

First we get the incesty luke-leia-han solo live triangle thing going on, then we get anakin rambling in a blank faced autistic monotone to padame for 3 movies from the prequels, then we get the ham fisted DIVERSITY! black guy on white girl shit in the force awakens.

Soooo many movies do this shit where a good scifi or action flick tries to make hunky action hero guy and latex body-glove-valkrie chick stop slaughtering bad guys to abrupty stammer through "steamy romance" lines written by somebody who clearly only learned what romance is yesterday from a pamphlet he got handed at the mormon autist convention being hosted in his motel.
>>
>>32442281
>then we get the ham fisted DIVERSITY! black guy on white girl shit in the force awakens.
As someone with interracial godparents who didn't grow up in a bubble like you it was fine to me.
>>
>>32442281

>two people of a different race liking eachother in a movie is HAM FISTED DIVERSITY

see this is where you know you've spent too much time on /pol/, everyone else in the world doesn't find this infuriating because interracial couples have been normal for at least 20 years.
>>
>>32441390

What? You know practically every government/military/corporation store their data offline as well.

Even power plants/ships/refineries/cement plants/etc you keep you keep the control system on an offline network, to avoid outside intrusion, or that some retard hacks into it and breaks it.

On a cement plant, you literally have to take your laptop/USB key and walk your ass 500 metres out to a local panel, unlock the room, unlock the cabinet, and then upload changes/updates via the laptop/USB, since even that is kept isolated on its own network, to protect it from changes from the control room.

t. engineer
>>
>>32443838

Did you even read what I posted? You're actually agreeing with me as I stated it was a secure facility with no unauthorized transmissions in/out. Files had to be accessed locally from inside the data vault.
>>
>>32444522

My bad, I meant to reply to the guy you replied to.

>>32441302
>>
>>32442281
>hamfisted

Be honest, you think the existence of anyone but straight white males and a background female love interest is "hamfisted"
>>
>>32441302
I wonder if internet/mass surveilance/hacking etc will just sort of be lampshaded as movies move into the future.

Getting Vader to click on a phishing link wouldnt be a very exciting movie.

"We saw the badguy on cctv and ran a face recognition program then read his emails then arrested him" would make for a boring crime story.

Cell phones are already mysteriously absent in many horror movies.

And so on
>>
>>32439325
>Dat filename
Kek
>>
>>32444658
i feel like we would resort to more remedial interfaces and online experience in the future. Because every company is pushing for all your shit to be online and the cloud becoming a bigger unsecured thing. Because of this our information will be lost to anyone and it will become a hackers world and we will have fallout with social media and technology. That we will revert to using hard drives and flash drives. As well as everything having its own secure network. I mean watch star wars, They dont email each other shit they use drives to transport data. Each ship has a separate network and the only thing universal is com's. Every time they want info they have to travel to a different place and physically find the drive there. While we can simply just google a book and began reading it. I think they choose to not use a Galactic wide or even planet wide network because it leaves information vulnerable. Humans arent even capable of hacking in the movies they have to use robots.

In my honest opinion i think by 2100 that we will have ditched a world were everything is on a world wide network.
>>
>>32439915
Is she carrying a HDD?
>>
>>32445103
eh, they probably call it something else but it looks like it. In the Star Wars universe they use physical data storage.
>>
>>32444658
>TFW all Vader wanted was to meet local Twi'leks
>>
>>32442063
The ion cannon had to make multiple hits to neutralize the shields before eventually hitting the ship to cause damage.
>>
>>32439325
Fukkin saved.
>>
File: rogueonevietnam.png (853KB, 1161x684px) Image search: [Google]
rogueonevietnam.png
853KB, 1161x684px
>>32439325
>>
>>32446810
Holy shit that door gunner scene had me creaming my jeans. Right around the time everything goes ass up for the ground forces too.
>>
>>32445044
Well, part of the explanation could be that concerns over Droid-tier or greater intelligence freely operating in an open network system could cause significant security/life issues.
>>
So i loved the movie,
I loved that everyone Died,
but more importantly i loved that there was no Romantic arch.
Like HOLY SHIT that was refreshing as fuck.
We have a male/female lead, and there isn't sexual tension between them. They both just have a fucking job to do.
And that embrace at the end, wasn't about "I love you" "I know" it was about "We're not going to make it" just having someone there to hold you as you go out is the most humanizing thing fucking ever.
Just two battle buddies holding each other as one bleeds out or something like that.

Right in the feels, More so than any love story ever.
OH FUCK
And all the rebels having 80's moustaches and Hairstyles. HOLY SHIT, that was great. This movie really improved how they looked and felt for me.

My favourite star wars, but i will admit. the movie had flaws.

I hope they continue with the trend of star wars movies following the main guys being numbered, being for kids and family, keeping the same recycled shit.
Then spin off side stories being risque and trying new things. I'll admit, im not looking forward to the Han Solo origin story. I feel that doesn't need to be told, I would rather movies separate from the main cast, just different views on things.

I would LOVE, and it would be easy to do.
Something like Pitch Black, but with StormTroopers.

Bunch of Imperial storm troopers chasing down a rebel or criminal get stranded on a planet with hostile alien life and have to hold off. Something to humanize the troops, show them more than just a suit of armour.

Or a special squad of misfit Imperial Spies who are trying to infiltrate a smuggling ring, we're introduced to it from a stormtrooper freshly transferred to the group.
>>
>>32447499
>"Or a special squad of misfit Imperial Spies who are trying to infiltrate a smuggling ring, we're introduced to it from a stormtrooper freshly transferred to the group."

Ha, Fast n Furious set in Star Wars,
The smugglers are into High Stakes Space Ship drag racing.
>>
>>32447519
Drag king
>>
File: 1482729255914.jpg (171KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1482729255914.jpg
171KB, 1024x682px
>>
>>32439915

Space Luger is the tits. Got to use it earlier in Battlefront, love the whole modularity aspect of it.

Also, we've now has a Space Mauser and a Space Luger, Space P38 when?
>>
File: spacemosin.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
spacemosin.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>32447764
you forget glorious space mosin
>>
>>32447805
I thought that was a space enfield
>>
File: 1482294174280.png (69KB, 420x248px) Image search: [Google]
1482294174280.png
69KB, 420x248px
>>32447844
>enfield
Enfields aren't as accurate as Mosin
>>
>>32447805
>the shotgun in nu-battlefront that is a copy paste of the oberez'd jawa gun
>they even kept the fucking bolt
>>
File: Happy BirthDay.jpg (1MB, 1024x3350px) Image search: [Google]
Happy BirthDay.jpg
1MB, 1024x3350px
>>
>>32442107
lmao
>>
>>32447499
>Bunch of Imperial storm troopers chasing down a rebel or criminal get stranded on a planet with hostile alien life and have to hold off. Something to humanize the troops, show them more than just a suit of armour.

110% erect
>>
File: 1449507011694.png (560KB, 732x555px) Image search: [Google]
1449507011694.png
560KB, 732x555px
>We will never EVER get Imerial Commando
>not in video game form
>not in movie form
>not even in book form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEZZjYneQqQ
>>
File: sad stormie.jpg (25KB, 450x368px) Image search: [Google]
sad stormie.jpg
25KB, 450x368px
>>32451311
>you will never skulk through the sewers of Coruscant hunting jedi that escaped the temple massacre
>you will never suppress colonial rebellions on far off exotic worlds
>you will never secure an imperial research station that suddenly went dark

Why must the world be so cruel
>>
TR MAX Units when?

Would build one tho
>>
>>32439045
Arc troopers specifically were exempt from that.
At least the null class ones which were in every way identical to standard humans except that they were cloned.
>>
>>32439197
>a full clone wars movie done up and directed like a real one
>Generation Kill: Starwars edition
>Geonosis, the sand was evil
>the trade federation are all space durkas
>dat first person drop shop landing
>the entire. Fucking. Thing. Nothing but helmet cam.

My dick is diamonds,
>>
Aren't all the mandalorians dead?

I thought jango was the last one
>>
>>32452677
They're mostly dead, I'm actually have issues finding info, I think the wikis have been semi purged since Disney declare shit non-cannon
>>
>>32440608
Bothans may have not joined in the Rebellion proper prior to Yavin 4
>>
>>32452738
In KoToR 2 they said the race of mandalorians was doomed to waste away over the centuries
>>
>>32452677
>I thought jango was the last one
No. Mandalore was kind of a shitty world outside the domed cities, but still existed as of the Imperial era.

Deathwatch was still active at the height of the Clone Wars. And was mostly responsible for letting Maul bring civil war back to Mandalore.

And one of the crew in Rebels is a Mandalorian with full Beskar'Gam.
>>
>>32452756
Not canon.
>>
>>32452773
>kotor
>not canon
:^)
>>
>>32443766
I don't think he was complaining about an interracial romance, I think his compliant is that it felt forced.
And it did.
>>
>>32440554

Bothans were second Death Star. Actually not even that, just the news that the Emperor would be aboard.
>>
>>32441302

File was too big, had to be sneaker-netted. They said it like a hundred times. Also it's the blueprints for every nut, bolt, trashcan, and roof shingle on and in a small moon. No way that file fits onto a free Dropbox account.
>>
>>32452781
It's not, and literally never has been.
>>
>>32452800
>I think his compliant is that it felt forced.
They met, got into some crazy adventures, and Finn was wheeled away on a stretcher. There wasn't even anything close to an actual romance plot for them.
>>
>>32442127

I thought he was being sarcastic. The CGI looked OK but uncanny valley-ish to me. That's OK, it looked good enough and as the tech improves they can fix the effect. What matters is that the movie itself is very good. You can't rescue Phantom Menace with a VFX cleanup.
>>
>>32452896
It was heavily implied, they shared intimate stares and that means the sequels will be full on romance.
>>
>>32443766
>>32443816
>interracial is normal
Depends on your culture, community, and morals. Oh, and the abundance of non-nigga-trashy minorities in your area.

t. Interracial guy between a white man and Latina woman
>>
>>32452763
The Maul revival is the stupid shit I've ever seen Star Wars. The whole CGI series needs to rot in hell
>>
>>32452965
Same here senpai, this
>>
>>32453009
>Maul revival is the stupid shit I've ever seen Star Wars.

Somebody never read the Vong books.
>>
>tfw we'll probably never get Krennic's shuttle on screen again

Probably my favorite Disney SW vehicle
>>
>>32439604
I didn't even notice.....
>>
>>32453009
I think it's a pretty fucking badass demonstration of what a powerful Sith is capable of. He used the raw power of hatred to keep himself alive for over a decade.

>>32453038
That's not how you spell Crystal Star.
>>
File: shuttle.jpg (91KB, 1020x680px) Image search: [Google]
shuttle.jpg
91KB, 1020x680px
>>32453065

Forgot pic
>>
>>32453072
>That's not how you spell Crystal Star

That's not how you spell "Anything involving a clone palpatine"

Old EU was trash.
>>
>>32438911
All that does is make it so he can't see his dick when he goes to piss because hes got a fucking big, heavy collar on. And I guess he can kneel down with his right knee. Wow.

Star Wars a shit.
>>
>>32453072
>I think it's a pretty fucking badass demonstration of what a powerful Sith is capable of. He used the raw power of hatred to keep himself alive for over a decade.

I thought KOTOR 2 did that concept cooler with Darth Scion. Dude was not only on the brink of death but his body would literally fall apart if it wasn't for pure hate.

It's a shame Kotor 2 got rushed so bad because it would have been an amazing game. Also fuck Peragus. Worst opening area in an RPG possibly ever.
>>
>>32453087
While also a dumb cop-out I think the Palpatine clones are slightly less retarded than Maul surviving, since living forever was actually Palpatine's plan
>>
>>32453116
>Also fuck Peragus. Worst opening area in an RPG possibly ever.

Are you me? I almost took my copy back when it was first released because it took like 4 fucking hours to get off there and I was bored to tears.
>>
>>32453129

The clones themselves were an alright concept it's just that all the other stuff going on in those storylines was fucking retarded.
>>
>>32452938
The human eye can detect fakeness really, really well. They did the best they could, and it looked 95% photorealistic, to the point where if I hadn't know Cushing was dead I would have probably been fooled into thinking that the actor just looked a little weird. There were little hints in the way he moved, something about his eyes and nose, ect.

Leia, on the other hand, was very convincing, maybe because she only says one word and appears for 5 seconds.
>>
>>32452800

I'm fine with interracial romance, but Finn and Rey's chemistry struck me more as war buddies than romance. At least they HAD chemistry, unlike Hayden Christiansen and Natalie Portman.

If they wanted sexual chemistry, they would have cast Zoe Saldana, who could have believable chemistry with a refrigerator if the script called for it. There's a reason she and Benedict Cumberbatch are basically being cast in everything good.

Besides, aren't Jedi relationships forbidden and like the worst thing ever? I don't think sex between those two is even in the cards.
>>
>>32453148

Funny, you could apply this exact statement to the Prequels as well.
>>
>>32453152

Itbwas more like "chick who has spent her entire life alone on a shithole desert planet" and "child soldier who grew up enslaved to space ISIS" meet each other and are the first people either one has met to actually treat them like a person.

Romance would be pretty natural in that situation
>>
>>32452002
Victory through superior firepower friend!
>>
>>32453149
De-aging actors is also a lot easier than creating them from scratch in CG as well. It's something you can do via compositing, especially if you have decent pre-existing footage of them in the same character.

The re-use of cleaned up X/Y-Wing pilot footage from ANH amused me as well.

>>32453152
>Besides, aren't Jedi relationships forbidden and like the worst thing ever? I don't think sex between those two is even in the cards.
That was the extremely restrictive and dogmatic Jedi Order of the prequel era. They'd built up the idea that any emotion or attachment could cause you to go dark side, when instead that restrictiveness just made it harder to resist because you had no real experience with your emotions.

Kind of like when Data installs his emotion chip.

And it's kind of the point that Luke rejected many of the old Jedi ways, though clearly Ben Solo ended up on the wrong side of that.
>>
>>32440608
Fuck you and your extended universe garbage. This movie was a hundred times better.
>>
File: ZZ6538A402.jpg (20KB, 736x275px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ6538A402.jpg
20KB, 736x275px
Space Huey was fucking based.
>>
>>32441302
They're the complete 3D schematics and workings of a military base the size of a small moon. The file is probably a little too big to put on Star Dropbox.

Also, if you were the US military, or any military, would you put the schematics to your most powerful nuclear weapons on the internet in any way, shape, or form?
>>
>you'll never slaughter rebel scum on a tropical paradise world with your double-barreled assault blaster

Why even live?
>>
Loved the vietnam aesthetic.

I also got the weird feeling that the battle scene in the holy city was based on battles in Syria and the middle east in general, what with a bunch of ill-equipped sand people throwing explosives from the rooftops and whatnot.
>>
File: Halo-Reach-Jorge-Wallpaper.jpg (276KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Halo-Reach-Jorge-Wallpaper.jpg
276KB, 1920x1080px
>>32438911

>Baze! My cousin! Want to go supressive firing and see big twi'lek titties?
>>
>>32453263

They did a good job with the "one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter" concept.
>>
>>32453178
It would also be natural for Rey to be shit at everything except scavenging for three movies like Luke but she gets a Disney Princess Passâ„¢

Also Finn became best friends with the rebel pilot he helped.
>>
>>32453303

Growing up by yourself on a desert wasteland hellhole surrounded by angry savages means you would have to be competent at quite a few things otherwise you'd be murdered and left to rot out in the wastes pretty quickly.
>>
>>32453338
Explain why Luke was shit at everything except piloting until the latter half of the trilogy, then?
>>
>>32453264
take you kid shit back to /v you loser
>>
>>32453303
>shit at everything except scavenging for three movies like Luke
>be New Hope Luke
>Hotshot pilot, becoming a legend
>nail stormtroopers with unfamiliar weapon under stress after Ben dies
>actually manage a little of the lightsaber deflection game in 20 minutes
>Shoot down TIE fighters from Falcon turret during intense firefight
>Heroic escape from stormies over chasm via rope swing that should not be physically possible
Next
>ESB Luke
>1v1 a wampa
>Kill AT-AT with tow cable
>Kill AT-AT from ground level
>Survive brutal training from one of history's most powerful Jedi
>Survive brutal battle with one of history's most powerful former Jedi
>Cirque du Soleil routine under Bespin with one hand cut off
Then we have
>RoTJ Luke
>Legit Jedi Master
>1v1 rancor no items final destination
>Fuck yeah Jabba escape planning and execution
>Scratch several speederbikes manned by elite troopers
>Duel Vader to near-death without falling to dark side
>Tank force lightning
Luke a beast, your waifu a shit
>>
>>32453343

Because luke was a farm boy who had a pretty comfortable childhood in comparison.
>>
>>32453303
Except that she built her own hot-rod speeder, and didn't just work salvage, she'd also done a lot of mechanic work on Jakku. And it's clearly a pretty rough world where knowing how to fight is highly worth it.

And Luke was an excellent pilot and could use a slugthrower pretty well, he was a farm kid.

The complaints about Rey fall really flat on proper analysis.
>>
>>32453303
>It would also be natural for Rey to be shit at everything except scavenging for three movies like Luke but she gets THE FORCE, NIGGA
>>
>>32453370
Hell, even weak force sensitives like Chirrut Imwe could do some amazing stuff.
>>
>>32453378

People also forget that for basically the first movie and most of ESB Luke complains about the Force being too hard. Rey accepted it pretty readily and was able to wreck shop as a result.
>>
>>32453407

Rey also grew up hearing stories about how baller Luke was and how much awesome shit he did with the Force so she more readily accepted it.
>>
File: Chirrut_Imwe.png (149KB, 409x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chirrut_Imwe.png
149KB, 409x480px
Chirrut's bow-RPG a beast
>>
>>32453274
Plus showing how the Alliance was a barely cohesive scrabble of a group of nobles with high ideals and a bunch of the dregs of the galaxy who all mostly were running their own little sections and having very little unity in driving goals or strategy.
>>
>>32453471
I loved that bit as they were headbagging them.
"Are you serious? I'm blind!"
>>
>>32453338
I would expect Rey to be competent at:
>Mechanical engineering
>fighting with a stick
>street smarts
>riding a speederbike

Instead:
>flies the MF through a star destroyer having never flown anything before, when it normally takes Han and Chewie to get it from point A to point B, both of them having years of experience
>fixes the MF in ten seconds when Han and Chewie, both of whom have many years of experience on her, fail.
>gets handed a blaster for the first time, has no idea how it works, and five minutes later is gunning down trained soldiers with pinpoint accuracy
>Uses the Jedi Mind trick which takes strong force sensitives decades to learn
>defeats a much, much better trained Kylo and uses the force with no problems

the list goes on.

>inb4 DA FORCE

Being a top-level bodybuilder with lots of natural strength does not make you into bruce lee. The force is nothing without discipline, control, and experience, none of which Rey has.

>inb4 luke is a gary stu
Luke is a little too good, true, but it's at least plausible. He's an experienced pilot, he has multiple mentors, and he has his fair share of flaws and defeats.

Rey is a fucking mary sue who is perfect at everything, and is one of the reasons TFA was garbage.
>>
>>32453484

And them realizing how much they need to get their shit together once they find out the Empire can 360 noscope your entire planet basically at will
>>
>>32453496
You're assuming a lot about her experience flying.

You're ignoring that she had done a lot of work on the Falcon for Unkar Plutt, and that Han is a notoriously bad mechanic, and Chewie wasn't that great either.

Movie guns, stop being pedantic.

You're cherry-picked and ignoring solid stuff in the movie and so on because you don't want to like the character.
>>
>>32453496
>>Uses the Jedi Mind trick which takes strong force sensitives decades to learn

I thought it was fairly obvious she learned how to do that when she turned Kylo's mind rape trick around on him.
>>
>>32453520
>Han is a notoriously bad mechanic, and Chewie wasn't that great either.

They built an over-boosted space RX-7. Sure they can put down 1000 space horsepower and run the space equivalent of a sub 10 second quarter mile but every third time you hit the gas your space apex seals go shooting out the back of the engine.

Han and Chewie are the mid-20's rice tuners of the SW universe.
>>
>>32439161
This post reminds me of all the crying that faggots did when Disney absorbed Marvel and Star Wars. They have made some very good movies, not every movie has/will be great, but to think that they aren't going to make anymore good movies is about as dumb as the aforementioned faggots and their theory.
>>
>>32453626
Worse, they turned a 30 year old F-150 into a sleeper that could beat RX-7s.
>>
>>32442063
Energy shields negate ion cannons. On Hoth, in TESB, The rebel base didn't fire the ion cannon at the star destroyer until after the shield generator had been disabled, otherwise they'd have to shut off the shield to fire the ion cannon. Also, a starfighter wouldnt be able to carry an ion cannon large enough to punch through a SDs shield by itself, just like in R1 they needed to destroy the shield generator first. The cannon on Hoth was a massive ground based Ion cannon and could do that without assistance.

Further, Ion cannons are disabling weapons that only work for a short period of time before repairs can be effected

they're normally used in the SW EU for disabling a ship before boarding or for securing an escape vector.
>>
>>32453660
And don't they destroy the Star Destroyer's starboard shield pod before they fire the ion torps?
>>
>>32453496

I don't much care for the new Social Justice Wars direction that SW has taken, since it seems a bit forced (no pun intended). However, Rey's abilities are fairly well-established by the movie and supplemental lore.

Her speederbike is capable of flight much like the snowspeeders from ESB. As such, she about as much reason to be able to fly the Falcon as Luke was able to fly an X-Wing.

Not only does she fuck around with spaceship components for a living, but it is implied that she's worked on the Falcon before.

Chewie nails Kylo with a bowcaster bolt, which should have just killed him. Instead, he just fought Rey with considerable organ damage and third-degree burns.
>>
>>32453065

How? It was literally the ugliest shuttle I've ever seen.
>>
>>32453708
>Her speederbike is capable of flight much like the snowspeeders from ESB. As such, she about as much reason to be able to fly the Falcon as Luke was able to fly an X-Wing.
There's also supplemental material that she had a simulator set up in her AT-AT home that she was constantly practicing on.

Also, anybody who says she knew how to fly the Falcon perfectly clearly didn't see the same movie, and completely forgot that strong force sensitives, like Rey, Luke, and Anakin, tend to also be fairly good pilots because they have the Force to help guide them in moments of intense focus even without trying.
>>
>>32443766
>>32443816
>>32444622
If Lando would have made an appearance and happened to hook up with a white female character no one would give a shit.

Didnee forced a PC issue at the expense of the storyline and the movie suffered for it.

Also, racism or not, there are a lot of people who don't particularly want that thrown in their faces when they go to see a movie where they are trying to shut down thinking for a few hours. Its supposed to be entertainment, not CNN, and at the end of the day disrupting peoples leisure time by underhandedly forcing politics on them makes them MORE likely to oppose you.
>>
Since Star Wars: Vietnam worked out so well, when can we get Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic- Romance of the Three Kingdoms Edition?
>>
>>32453739
I'm sorry the idea that it's OK for a movie to have a white female and a black male in a non-romantic relationship as the leads makes you feel squeamish about your own personal issues with race.
>>
>>32453350
You say, posting in a star wars thread.
>>
>>32453739

>there's an interracial "couple" in muh space wizards movie
>literally oppressing white people

You have to go back
>>
>>32453739

10 imperial credits says the only other tab you have open in your browser is Blacked.com
>>
>>32447499
they are already starting to give the stormtroopers to much personality.

personally i was uncomfortable watching so many stormtroopers eat it.

If they humanize them too much then people will identify with them as us.

in the 70s people werent as comfortable with the idea of us being an empire.

today there are a lot more people comfortable with that idea and even our troops are looking more and more empirish.
>>
>>32453739
>makes them more likely to oppose you

Star Wars continues to do amazing at the box office. Nobody outside /pol/ cares

I grew up around and am friends with lots of interracial couples, so it doesnt seem like a political statement to me.

If you've lived in some tiny town where you've never seen a black guy before I guess I could see how you find it strange.
>>
>>32453520
Okay, so let me know how it's plausible that an orphan on a desert planet knows how to fly the millenium falcon, a ship that is not only extremely unique but also very, very difficult for experienced pilots to fly. Put any third-world teen, junk trader or not, behind the joystick of an F-16 and let me know how that goes for you.

Also, remember that Han and Chewie appear to be bad at fixing the Falcon because it's a one-of-a-kind ship that's the fastest in the galaxy, and when they attempt to fix it, it's usually with starfighters trying to kill them at the same time. Rey fixes it in thirty seconds with some asspull techno-jargon bullshit, and there's little to imply that she's ever really been inside it before. I'm not going into supplemental material or whatever other justifications that are offscreen because that's exactly what they are: offscreen. If you can't convey it to the audience in the movie, it doesn't exist.

But sure, her fixing the Falcon is really the least of my complaints, as far as they go. That's not nearly as bad as all of the other stuff I mentioned. and really, the entire movie was bad for reasons that far exceed the shittiness of Rey's non-existent character development. It was not only a giant ANH rehash, with an even stupidly bigger death star, literally no new ships or technology or music, but it also just completely made all of the OT invalid and worthless. Nothing has really changed in the decades since. The Republic is destroyed before the audience even knows what it is, so nobody fucking cares and it's basically meaningless. The entire galactic government apparently forgot that the Empire is back, and for some reason Leia is the only one that's woke and is wandering around with a bunch of decades-old starships, just to give them an excuse to go into the whole rebel xwing vs imperial tie-fighter thing. It was contrived fucking garbage, that didn't innovate in any way upon the established material.
>>
>>32453817
>then people will identify with them as us.

Was kind of odd seeing what felt like a scene from Iraq play out when the stormtroopers got ambushed in the market around their tank.
>>
>>32453832
>Put any third-world teen, junk trader or not, behind the joystick of an F-16 and let me know how that goes for you.

They'd probably fuck up and shoot down the Death Star.
>>
>>32453526
How? Resisting the mind trick doesn't mean you instantly learn it.
>>
File: faggots.jpg (88KB, 1900x1900px) Image search: [Google]
faggots.jpg
88KB, 1900x1900px
>>32453776
>>32453787
>>32453802

FWIW im white and I bang black girls exclusively.

Im sorry that me not wanting my fantasy/ scifi movies ruined by politics triggers you.

maybe a warm bath and a soothing tea will help
>>
>>32453847

Except she turned it around and went in his head. I thought that part was obvious.
>>
>>32453858
>I totally have black friends!
>>
>>32453858

>interracial couples
>"politics"

You have to go back.
>>
>>32453858
>the existence of minorities is politics

Seek help
>>
>>32453822
>Star Wars continues to do amazing at the box office. Nobody outside /pol/ cares

except FB, and Reddit, and a dozen other popular internet oulets where the issue was brought up and dicussed.

saying it doesnt matter specifically to you doesnt make it not matter.

Its like saying "energy policies dont effect me because I dont drive cars"

you can try and marginalize peoples opinionsall you want but those people and their opinions dont go away
>>
>>32453894
Nobody with any sort of influence cares*

Star Wars continues to break box office records, mra and alt right echo chambers are not places Disney has any pressure to cater to
>>
>>32453845
Remember, Luke is a trained pilot who grew up flying, and shooting from flying machines. He's wanted to join the academy his whole life and has more than likely done his homework.

And remember, Rey doesn't JUST fly the MF with no training. That would have been passable enough. She also did all of that other incredible shit I mentioned that she should have no idea how to do.
>>
>>32453922
>She also did all of that other incredible shit I mentioned that she should have no idea how to do.
Except thee are good explanations for all of it.
>>
>>32453894
>but those people and their opinions dont go away

Of course not. There will never be 100% agreement on any issue. You can always find some fringe nutcases that support whatever view.

Should they make the planets in star wars discs to appease the flat earthers? They arent going away after all, no matter how marginalized.
>>
File: 160114-donald-trump-2-ap-1160.jpg (228KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
160114-donald-trump-2-ap-1160.jpg
228KB, 1160x629px
>>32453913
>nobody with influence cares

lol, k
>>
>>32453968
>Implying Trump cares about you or your opinions now that the election's over
>>
File: literally you.jpg (14KB, 318x239px) Image search: [Google]
literally you.jpg
14KB, 318x239px
>>32453868
>>32453871
>>32453886

found your pic
>>
>>32453968
>people voted for a president because they were made over interracial couples

Keep dreaming
>>
>>32453980
>implying I meant Trump is the one with the influence.

Trump is just a product.
>>
>>32453861
Or, she inferred with logic, just like 99% of the audience, that Kylo Ren is a Darth Vader wannabe.

We only ever see the Jedi mind trick used by experienced Jedi. Even putting aside the ridiculousness of her learning it from Kylo Ren, the idea of her even being able to "turn it on him" is ridiculous.

>>32453934
Except there aren't. She's just good at everything he tries, and most of it (like her going from never having held a blaster to some kind of noscoping queen in 5 minutes) has no legitimate explanation whatsoever.

And even if it did, it wouldn't change the fact that she's a mary sue. You can have explanations out to wazoo for how your character is ultimate sayan master, top of her class with honors, and a navy seal, and it will not change the fact that flawless characters are boring, boring, boring.

>>32453822
I don't give a shit about race mixing or /pol/'s neo nazi echo chamber, but box office success is not the yardstick of quality. Unless you really thought Transformers 2 was the Citizen Kane of this generation.
>>
>>32454006
With such a great mandate from the people he lost the popular vote by 2.9 million, nearly 6x as much as Bush's in 2000!
>>
>>32454012
>Except there aren't. She's just good at everything he tries, and most of it (like her going from never having held a blaster to some kind of noscoping queen in 5 minutes) has no legitimate explanation whatsoever.

>POWERFULLY GIFTED FORCE USERS CAN'T STAND ABOVE AND BEYOND NORMAL PEOPLE! EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE THE EXPERIENCE I IGNORE!
You're an idiot.
>>
This thread needs more Rogue One and less TFA.

Also, remember the sacrifice of KS20, who will ride eternal, shiny and chrome.
>>
>>32453987
>people aren't so completely tired of dealing with retarded shit from left, inculding race mixing, that they didnt go to the polls angry and vote for a gigantic asshole in retaliation.

denial aint just a river in Egypt.
>>
File: KS20.jpg (153KB, 1010x930px) Image search: [Google]
KS20.jpg
153KB, 1010x930px
>>32454032
Forgot pic
>>
>>32454032
>>
>>32454037
See >>32454014
>>
>>32454037
I don't really understand why you would have a problem with interracial relationships unless you're some 70 year old paleoconservative fossil from Alabama who's still angry because minorities can vote.

I don't want it shoved in my face, but I don't have a problem with it.
>>
>>32454039
I don't get it
>>
File: Thou-art-Angry.jpg (68KB, 590x775px) Image search: [Google]
Thou-art-Angry.jpg
68KB, 590x775px
>>32454014
Hillary still lost
>>
>>32454063
Army MOSs.

25B: IT Specialist
25L: Cable Dogs
25U: SATCOM
>>
>>32454068
Yep, but don't pretend it means Trump is superpresident.
>>
>>32440644
>I also remember in Jedi Outcast one of the Stormtroopers saying that he can barely see out of his helmet.
That was a throw back to when Luke and Han were on the first death star.
>>
>>32454119
More likely than not it was that Luke didn't know how to actually turn on and use the helmet properly.
>>
>>32442281
>First we get the incesty luke-leia-han solo live triangle thing going on

Original story was that Luke and Leia weren't related and the whole triangle thing would have played out. George changed the story between the movies so he could squeeze in a happy ending for the kids like the change from wookies to cute teddy bear ewoks for the kids.

>then we get anakin rambling in a blank faced autistic monotone to padame for 3 movies from the prequels

This anybody but a literal social retard would agree with.

>then we get the ham fisted DIVERSITY! black guy on white girl shit in the force awakens.

That's already been debunked, they're gonna go even more hamfisted by making him and the fighter pilot guy gay lovers. The shit between him and the girl is supposed to be a brother/sister/really good friends kind of thing.
>>
>>32454203
>That's already been debunked, they're gonna go even more hamfisted by making him and the fighter pilot guy gay lovers. The shit between him and the girl is supposed to be a brother/sister/really good friends kind of thing.

>MAJOR CHARACTERS HAVE TO HOOK UP WITH EACH OTHER!
>>
BOYS!!! IM SO SORRY TO HAVE TO REPORT THAT CARRIE FISHER HAS DIED.
>>
>>32454952
NUUUUUU
>>
>>32454952
How the fuck are they going to film Episode VIII now?
>>
>>32453038
Fun fact the guy who voiced maul in the clone wars is same guy who voiced Starkiller in the force unleashed
>>
>>32456016
They're done with principle filming as of July. So how they'll handle it for IX is the question.
>>
jesus christ how many shills have been paid in this thread? gtfo and sage.
>>
File: 1366184721366.jpg (50KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
1366184721366.jpg
50KB, 600x524px
>>32447805
>>32447844
>>32448518
>>
>>32456107
>jesus christ how many shills have been paid in this thread? gtfo and sage.
>>>/pol/
Go home.
>>
>>32456335

no go shill your jew shit in tv where it belongs faggot.
>>
>>32456529
Quit blaming Jews for everything
>>
>>32456554

fuck you jew. eat a shoah.
>>
>>32454203
>they're gonna go even more hamfisted by making him and the fighter pilot guy gay lovers
To be honest, I totally thought this in the cinema. One of those weird moments where they're in the TIE together and I was thinking "Are... are they going to flirt?"
I was fucking nervous voicing this to my friends, but it seemed broadly accepted. Nice to know we're not going crazy.
>>
File: IMG_2909.png (784KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2909.png
784KB, 1136x640px
>>32456564
You mad
>>
My biggest issue is the severe lack of Bothans.

"Many a Bothan died to bring us this information"

Great, so where are the fucking Bothans in the prequel.

Still, 9/10 movie. I want more SW Space 'Nam.
>>
>>32456752
Wasn't that episode VI
>>
>>32456752
They're infiltrators. They're all hiding throughout the scenes.
>>
>>32456776
Whoops, mixed up my movies. That was RoTJ.
>>
>>32441302
Image if your digital tools was so awesome, the files you produced, had to be transported physically, because there is no FTL communication that has speed of any kind.

Star Wars seem to be on the end of FTL internet where its unfeasible due speed limitations.
>>
File: jarjarbixnood.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jarjarbixnood.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>32441619
>I love star wars just because its fun to spot where they got their ideas from.
Yeah...
>>
File: Imperial Guard stormtrooper.jpg (42KB, 336x403px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Guard stormtrooper.jpg
42KB, 336x403px
>>32438911
All I see is a Warhammer 40k Hellgun made with a hollywood budget. Neato.
>>
>>32456752
That was about the death star II.

I guess they also got wiped out.
>>
>>32438911
The movie was pretty terrible IMO aside from Donnie Yen and Buz as well as Vaders scenes and the deathtroopers. I thought they handled Donnie and Buz's deaths very well. I really enjoyed how they showed that even Buz, after losing his faith and confronting death, took comfort in knowing he was there with his greatest friend and will be reunited with him in the Force.

Everyone else though I just couldnt give a shit about. Jyn was a boring cunt and Captain Accent was just flat out uninteresting. The pilot guy had a very underwhelming death after a brief stint of character development tbat came too late. K-2SO was pretty ok.

Other than that it was just overall boring.

The final battle as well as the Imperial scenes were very well done though.
>>
>>32454032
>Also, remember the sacrifice of KS20, who will ride eternal, shiny and chrome.

I'm always sad when Wash dies.
>>
>>32453264

>Tfw halo art direction has gone completely to shit with the change in companies.
>>
>>32457407
In Shadows of the Empire, a Bothan Y-wing squadron got rekt trying to raid an Imperial transport holding the DS2 plans. Something about a diamond frag super missile from a hidden launcher.

Of course, it's all Legends now.
>>
>>32439499
I'm glad they're keeping this tradition alive, good propmasters made legendary looking hero props out of cut up real guns. For some reason Harrison Ford got the best of them.
>>
File: 1418940644882.png (290KB, 400x522px) Image search: [Google]
1418940644882.png
290KB, 400x522px
>>32452002
shame that the TR max is the worst ingame
>>
>>32458464
>Less practical firepower than my SAW/Rocket kit
MAX units are disappointing.
>>
That Vader at the end was pretty good
>>
>>32458464
Are the NC the most /k/ faction? The answer is yes.

>Freedom above everything else (including safety)
>MBT is the only one that doesn't look retarded
>Straps shotguns to anything that they feel isn't powerful enough
>Hatred of TR's firearm regulations
>Cutest stock female voice pack
>Pioneers of gauss and caseless weaponry
>Rocket launchers sound like eagles crying
>>
>>32457858
Gameplay-wise Halo 5 was the most enjoyable since 2, but I do miss the AESTHETIC that Reach had.

It was the only one that I felt the Spartans even kind of looked like actual soldiers. They actually wore gear, had visible spare mags, wore knives and other tools, had add-ons and equipment on their armor that actually looked like it served a purpose. I so disappointed in how 343i's armor looks in comparison, most of its so silly and useless looking.
>>
>>32443766
>as someone with interracial godparents

i love that you threw this in.
>>
>>32439233
I just chalk it up to the Empire having such a large range of worlds and budget that they go "Congratulations on your promotion to [high rank], here is a budget of x amount of credits and a contact at Seinar Fleet Systems. Go nuts."
>>
>>32439291
Nice meme, but you're forgetting about his interactions with Vader, and what they imply about his skills.
>>
>>32452665
Or a Stormtrooper one where you never actually see any rebels, its all just them being space Viet Cong.
>>
>>32453065
>>32453073
Give me a Lambda any day over that piece of shit.
>>
>>32453817
>they are already starting to give the stormtroopers to much personality.
They need more of it. The Next 'A Star Wars Story' movie they make should be all about Imperials.
>>
>>32459533
You mean after the Han Solo movie, because that's the one coming in 2018.
>>
>>32453922
>Luke is a trained pilot who grew up flying
You can't really make that argument without bringing in stuff outside the movies. Sure, you and I know what a T-16 is, but in the context of the movie, nobody is going to know that it is a flyer. The only vehicle Luke is really associated with, before the x wing, is his speeder. A scene where Luke is playing with a toy airplane and a single line of dialogue don't really cut it.
>>
>>32459637
Doesn't he have a line about being a better pilot when he and Obi-Wan are first talking to Han Solo? Not justifying anything, but I'm wondering if there's more context than Womp Rats.

I'm too deep into Star Wars to judge whether it feels like a leap when he hops into the X-Wing in the last act.
>>
File: skyhopper2[1].jpg (17KB, 450x198px) Image search: [Google]
skyhopper2[1].jpg
17KB, 450x198px
>>32459637
>The Skyhopper is in the background
>His friend who was well established as a member of the squadron vouches for him to Red Leader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kgl9gmtvZo

They needed every single person who could wag a control stick up there.
>>
>>32459773
That scene wasn't in the original theatrical cut, FWIW.
>>
Star Wars fags are the worst fags
>>
>>32457337
he is an anology for negroids.

>>32456016
probably just say she died off screen.
>>
>>32459793
Yeah, but it's getting completely ridiculous when nitpicking posters are getting to the point of demanding every single character to have proof of qualifications instead of being revealed naturally within the story without being disruptive to the flow of the plot.

And forgetting key details ALREADY IN THE FUCKING MOVIES.
>>
>>32459825
>probably just say she died off screen.
The filming completed in July, they'll have to do something about it so it flows into 9.
>>
>>32439380
Yeah. George Lucas had such a boner for CGI aliens, it kinda ruined the prequels and the special edition remakes of the original trilogy
>>
>>32453263
I hate the rebels.
>Hey! This empire isn't treating aliens right!
>So? You're not an alien, are you? We're fighting for your interests.
>N-no...
>Hey! This empire doesn't give me enough freedom!
>Did you have any freedom before Emperor Palpatine took power? What are you even going to do if the empire hypothetically did fall? Be a puppet state?
>N-no! We're going to install a freedom-respecting monarchy for the common people!
>And then we'll start cloning soldiers and indoctrinating children into jedis again! So we can have more freedom!
All rebels are bakas.
>>
>>32454014
And if you toss out California and New York, Trump won by the popular vote by 3 million.
>>
>>32460159
>Make major population centers disenfranchised because they don't vote the way I want them to!
Fucking unAmerican.
>>
>>32453520
>you're assuming
Even so, it's bad writing to leave a plot-important characteristic like that untold. With Luke, we got allusions to his skill up front.
>>
>>32459858
Have her CGI in 9 like Tarkin in Rogue One. To make it less obvious she's cgi have her often use the staticky blue holograms to talk with people. Maybe shes away doing something else or whatever.
>>
>>32460014
I loved in the EU how when the rebels FINALLY get their shit together and start forming a government after the fall of the empire, its the powerhungry and corrupt within the rebels who rise to the top and end up being just as cunty and manipulative as the Empire.

Papa Palpatine got shit done, some of it not by the best of means but he brought order.
>>
>>32453817
100% they need more of it.
If anything to show the stormtroopers aren't inhuman monsters, they're regular folk. Just doing what the think is right or what they are ordered to.

And you should feel uncomfortable watching stormtroopers eat it. They are people too man.
How many innocent contractors and staff died when the rebels blew up the deathstar?
They wouldn't all be troopers, they would need technicians and people to clean garbage, Staff the kitchens.
Just people working for a living, Trying to make a buck.

When i saw the original movies as a kid i thought the storm trooper armour and guns were cool. But they weren't the heros.
Then i saw the prequels, and saw what the Jedi, who are meant to be the heros were like. And i thought, "Well of course people are going to want those fucking wankers out, they are a Religious Cult with a confusing dogmatic code that tried to Genocide another entire race/Religion and they're meant to be the good guys?"

And lets be honest here,
America and the west were never the Rebel Alliance.
>>
>>32439604
Wasn't good enough for me. The first few scenes had him twitch and blink too much. Epic, but not realistic enough for me. Leia wasn't as good. They could of helped that with distance and darkness too...
>>
File: Bryar.jpg (362KB, 2708x1886px) Image search: [Google]
Bryar.jpg
362KB, 2708x1886px
>>32442104
>Tibanna Gas fills blaster chamber
>Heat is applied
>Plasma is pushed down the barrel
>Barrel is lined with accelerators that also produce an energy field to contain the plasma in a 'bolt'
>>
>>32461701
>"Well of course people are going to want those fucking wankers out, they are a Religious Cult with a confusing dogmatic code that tried to Genocide another entire race/Religion and they're meant to be the good guys?"
Let's be fair here, the Sith are a bunch of edgelord tyrants who constantly plunged the galaxy into war, and during the "rule of two" era were constantly working behind the scenes on The Grand Plan to seize the Republic from within. And prior to the Clone Wars the Jedi primarily acted as mediators and diplomats, not warriors.

You're forgetting a key thing here: the entirety of the Clone Wars was engineered by Palpatine and his apprentice Dooku to first put him into the Chancellor's seat, then to get him granted enough power that he could declare himself Emperor once he'd gotten enough Jedi killed and their public image ruined by years of leading what was functionally a slave army.
Thread posts: 295
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.