[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock "Safeties" part two: they actually responded edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: Screenshot_20161219-125223~01.png (189KB, 1437x937px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161219-125223~01.png
189KB, 1437x937px
Old thread: >>32312642

Pic related is the resonse I received. It's official folks, Glock actually thinks that putting a trigger on a safety stops it from being depressed

truly 10/10 critical thinking
>>
>>32375005

>not just having a proper safety or a decocker like the Berettas have (assuming it's a hammer based pistol)

I don't understand why they won't just make it simple. I love my 92FS because it has an idiot-proof safety.
>>
>>32375005
>thinking that a representative will tell you anything other than what the company tells you
what did you expect
>>
Using that type of trigger safety alone is fucking retarded, I don't really get why they don't just add even a push button, you don't even have to replace it, it would just be an addition.
>>
>>32375005
>Glock actually thinks that putting a trigger on a safety stops it from being depressed

It's obviously not meant to keep the trigger from being depressed if you fill the trigger guard with your ass pickers and they say as much in their response

If a holster or other obstruction snags the corner of the trigger it will not fire.
>>not just having a proper safety or a decocker like the Berettas have

do not want, do not need

>I don't understand why they won't just make it simple. I love my 92FS because it has an idiot-proof safety.

Exactly, your firearm was designed with keeping idiots from blowing off their fingers in mind.

>>32375005
if a safety's point is so that the gun doesn't fire if the trigger is pulled and the safety is on, then integrated trigger safeties are fucking useless because they'll turn themselves off WHEN YOU PULL THE TRIGGER

I disagree with your assessment as to the purpose of a safety, in my view safeties are for accidental trigger pulls to keep retards from shooting things when they cannot practice trigger discipline

Glocks safety mechanism is solely to prevent the trigger being engaged accidentally or by a foreign object.
>>
>>32375107

>Exactly, your firearm was designed with keeping idiots from blowing off their fingers in mind.

Last I checked that's a good thing. Less potential accidental discharges is a good thing in my book.
>>
>>32375126
That's fine, you are free to buy/recommend the guns with training wheels and retard helmets all you want.

There are however plenty of us that do not need anything more than a snag resistant trigger and have no interest in external safeties.

You keep buying your firearms and I will keep buying mine.

Keep your filthy hands off my Glocks.
>>
>>32375083
>Using that type of trigger safety alone is fucking retarded
Pistols unlike rifles are generally used with another type of external safety device: holsters.
>>
autism
>>
File: 1394941708178.jpg (31KB, 363x310px) Image search: [Google]
1394941708178.jpg
31KB, 363x310px
>Our trigger wont go off unless something pushes it and thats our safety
>>
IK that Glock is the firearm equivalent of VW. Highly annoying fanboys. But why are all of you so triggered by that safety?
>>
>>32375218
>But why are all of you so triggered by that safety?

1: retards that are scared of guns with no external safeties and warning labels stamped all over their guns

2:people getting a rise out of fanboys and glock owners
>>
File: This is why that thing exists.png (177KB, 1611x889px) Image search: [Google]
This is why that thing exists.png
177KB, 1611x889px
>>32375005
"BATF Points".

I cannot say for a fact, but I am pretty fucking sure that the only reason that a Glock has a safety at all is so it can be imported into the U.S. market.
>>
File: 1911owners.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1911owners.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>32375126
Still not exactly foolproof
The best safety is keeping your finger off the damn trigger
>>
>>32375023
Glocks are striker fired nigger
>>
>>32375023
Because I don't need a safety.

I have my awareness and a holster. When my gun is in the holster, the trigger is covered. There is no need for a safety since the holster is the safety.

When it is drawn, it is because of two things. One, I'm taking it out to inspect, unload, clean, etc. All of those can be achieved without pulling the trigger. Except cleaning, you have to pull it to get the slide off.

Or it's because my life is in danger I need that gun ready to roll. No safety is just one less step.

I have never been in a situation where I needed a safety on a handgun. Long guns, yes. Tracking boar through sawgrass and thickets, I'm an avid user of safeties on rifles and shotguns. But that trigger is exposed 24/7.
>>
>>32375306
So it's basically a six shooter after you ND into the ground/your leg during the draw?
>>
>>32375306
Where is this?
>>
File: BMArh5SCUAA_56L.jpg (28KB, 361x480px) Image search: [Google]
BMArh5SCUAA_56L.jpg
28KB, 361x480px
>>32375322
>Because I don't need a safety.
>>
>>32375325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LE32Riyugg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NpzjeeDGC4
>>
>>32375347
Watch out guys, we've got an OSHA agent over here!
>>
>>32375153
Holsters are great, and I see what you're saying, but to use a pistol, you have to touch it...
>>
>>32375281
Except it had that functionality since the first Austrian handgun trials.
>>
>>32375347
I wear eyepro.

However, I've never been stupid enough to pull the trigger unless I meant to.

Have fun living your life expecting companies to assume your responsibility and accountability.

"It's not my fault I had a ND! The gun had no safety! It's the manufacturer's fault!"
>>
>>32375401
Yes, to use your handgun you have to put your finger on the trigger and pull it.

A safety kind of gets in the way of that, that's why they're dumb.
>>
>>32375444
Do you own a Glock?
>>
Is this a real thread? Do you think you're fucking hard-hitting investigators?

This is the most fudd thread I've ever encountered. The point of the glock "safe action" is to give you the same safety system as a DAO gun without an unnecessarily heavy squeeze. What results is a ~5 lb trigger, as opposed to a ~10 lb trigger in a DAO gun.

Pistols usually sit in holsters. They aren't rifles that bump around on patrol, they're weapons that sit in a holster until needed. When you unholster a pistol, that's good indicator you are going to need your weapon to be in a condition ready to fire very soon. Pistols with extraneous external safeties can make it more difficult for a round to go off, especially in very close contact with a suspect or enemy.

Having experimented with the glock's safety, it does prevent the trigger from being depressed if a stick or something were to snag it at an angle. However, if the obstruction went across the trigger perpendicular to it, it would still easily depress the safety and allow the gun to be fired.

Any safety is a compromise. You're deciding to make a compromise between speed and reliability versus safety. Glocks are marketed to law enforcement who are (In theory) trained professionals. It also has wide military adoption, who are also (in theory) trained professionals. They're not even particularly good range guns, the trigger is heavy and the polymer frame makes the weapon pretty light, making it less accurate than single action steel-framed pistols I've used. It's a duty gun.

I've put about 2000 rounds through my Glock 17 and never once have I failed to fire it due to the trigger safety. I've also trained brand-new shooters and never encountered that. The trigger safety is right in the middle of the trigger, so unless you were squeezing at a truly bizarre angle I don't see how you managed to fail to fire it. This, to me, means that you are so inexperienced you do not have a valid opinion on the subject.
>>
>>32375454
Along with Sig and decocker only variants of the Beretta 92 and CZ-75.

I don't like safeties on handguns.
>>
>>32375491
I like safeties that are kinda like the Beretta uses, the trigger safety that the Glock uses is great, but I, myself just wants a bit more.
>>
>>32375519
Whatever floats your boat.

I'm a simple guy who likes simple things. In a moment of crisis, I want to reduce my steps to the most natural and minimalist movements. Not engaging a safety feels more natural for me, so I prefer to carry without. Plus it's one less thing to forget in a moment of panic.

I plan on getting a 1911 here soon to play with safeties more and so I can get back into the .45 game after selling my P220.
>>
>>32375126
Son I say that joke went way over your head, missed ya by a mile
>>
>>32375401
Then don't pull the fucking trigger unless you want to shoot. How is this hard? What happens when your safety is off and you ND anyways? Safeties don't protect idiots
>>
>>32375410
Because they never had any intention of making a gun they couldn't sell in America.
>>
File: IMAG0755.jpg (976KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0755.jpg
976KB, 1836x3264px
>>32375107
Considering 100% of negligent discharges are from pulls of the trigger, perhaps more safety should be implemented to prevent some of those.

>inb4 NO TRAINING NO COMBAT SITUATION

As much as everyone should be trained the honest fact is very few people do past an initial safety course, which NDs are still clearly present. And also, if you pretend that depressing the trigger safety requires force you're straight lying to yourself. The safety makes up more that half of the trigger surface, and is a fairly light mechanism to engage, so yeah the infamous issue of something getting caught in the well and pulling the trigger is an issue that Glock fanboys ignore.

Honest truth, its a cheap budget handgun that works well. In terms of price, its not far from just being a smaller hipoint. Shit loads of people buy them because they're cheap, and have drank the koolaid that they're the perfect handgun.

>inb4 glocks are 600 dollars, they aren't a budget gun!!!

Glocks are easily 400-550 dollars used and new for older models. Stop overpaying for the damn things
>>
>>32376206
Lol what's your perfect carry gun then? I don't ask because I carry a glock (I don't), but every time someone shits on glocks they carry something 1000x more retarded
>>
>>32376206
>negligent discharges

Are retardos pulling the trigger when they should not

>perhaps more safety should be implemented to prevent some of those.

That's fine and dandy on your candy ass guns for retardos that can't keep their booger hooks off the bang switch.

>Honest truth, its a cheap budget handgun that works well. In terms of price

k

nobody is arguing Glock is DA BEST handgrn evr made!

I like Glock

I like that they are cheap

I like that they do not have unnecessary safeties.

I don't understand why we are having threads for a bunch of faggot boy molesting fruity lalamen cry about how Glock needs to have an external safety because of their feefees
>>
File: IMAG0754.jpg (720KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0754.jpg
720KB, 3264x1836px
>>32376248
Glock 21 it was for a while. They aren't bad guns, but I got tired of it. Traded for pic related, but I ain't carrying that shit lol
>>
OP is a salty nigger because he shot himself in the foot by being an idiot.
>>
>>32375005
Uh... why do you care?
>>
>>32376295
see >>32376283
>>
>>32376308
Makes sense. Thanks.
>>
>>32375083
Using that type of push button safety is fucking retarded, I don't really get why they dont just add even a fingerprint scanner, you don't even have to replace it, it would just be an addition.
>>
>>32378144
Oh look a smart gun advocate. Off yourself.
>>
>>32378162
I was showing the stupidity of another post. If you would have taken another second to see what I was responding to you would have noticed you useless sack of meat.
>>
OP is just jealous of

PERFECTION
E
R
F
E
C
T
>>
>>32375347
We had that poster in my science class,
>>
>>32378144
Using that type of fingerprint scanner safety is fucking retarded, i don't really get why they dont just add even a quick phone app that gives you a verification code to type into the electronic safety pin, you dont even have to replace it, it would just be an addition.
>>
>>32376206
> tiny hands

Opinion discarded.
>>
>safety on a defensive handgun

bwahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>32376295
>why do i care
because glock is an extremely common line of handguns, and I wanted to know why their designs is the way it is. Fuck you for not asking questions.
>>
>>32375218
It's a Trigger Safety of course he triggered
>>
>>32375463
The safety is completely worthless and pretending it isn't is asinine. It does nothing to stop snags from causing NDs.
>>
>>32384410
OP here, i really wish there was a statistic on it
>>
I'm a nogunz. Please do not laugh but explain to me in simple terms. I pull a pistol from a sheath and the trigger snags on something. OK so far? Since it's worn barrel down the accidental snag pulls the trigger in the direction opposite of the one needed to shoot. What is the point of safeties anyway?
>>
>>32384410
>The safety is completely worthless and pretending it isn't is asinine.
I would not be so sure without doing drop and impact tests with that safety removed.
>>
The best safety is between your ears
>>
>>32385015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw
>>
File: IMAG0756.jpg (920KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0756.jpg
920KB, 1836x3264px
>>32380859
Fuck you.

You are the first to say something about it.
>>
>>32380956
this
>>
File: thisismysafetysir.jpg (31KB, 943x403px) Image search: [Google]
thisismysafetysir.jpg
31KB, 943x403px
>>32375005
>>
>>32376206
>in terms of price, it's not far from just being a smaller hipoint
>$400+ is not far from $150
Fucking kill yourself.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.