[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: safe.jpg (2MB, 2470x3344px) Image search: [Google]
safe.jpg
2MB, 2470x3344px
QTDDTOT, now spelled correctly edition

Need help picking out a gun safe. $500-$600 budget, medium size (~6 long guns minimum)
>>
>>32347665
Get a safe that is bigger than you think you want.
Save up and spend extra if you need to
>>
Yer pissing me off.
>>32342148
>>
>>32347682
not only did i misspell it the first time, but failed to search for a thread once i stopped being retarded
fml
>>
I want to get a S&W snubby but I haven't been able to find any timetables for parts replacement online. I know what to do for my glock but I've never owned a revolver before. What parts are the first to go? Is there anything I need to periodically replace? I plan on shooting it a lot at the range.
>>
>>32347665

>live in second story apartment
>cant buy glorious 1000lb+ safe

My security cabinet is just waiting for some cunt to break into it. I put a security cam with motion detection and an alarm on the inside in case it opens, so I guess thats something.
>>
>>32347869
>I want to get a S&W snubby
>I plan on shooting it a lot at the range

Have you shot one at the range before? They are some of the most uncomfortable guns to shoot, particularly in .357. It becomes a lot better if you have a grip with a padded backstrap, but those don't lend themselves well to concealment.

Also,

>I haven't been able to find any timetables for parts replacement online.

That's because you aren't expected to change the parts yourself. A Smith and Wesson revolver is a lot easier to work on than a Colt, but it's still not something that someone with no gunsmithing experience beyond "I watched a youtube tutorial once" should be doing.

The plus side of this, however, is that Smith and Wesson has good customer service. If your gun breaks for any reason that is not the result of you bubba'ing it--and they will know if you have--they will fix it for you at no cost and/or possibly even replace the whole unit.
>>
>>32347678
This.

I got a 24 gun safe for a 7 gun collection, and I still wish I had more space after putting ammo, spare parts, optics, ect in with everything.
>>
Is it possible to get a decent safe for a handful of long guns that costs less than $300?
>>
>>32347678
>Get a safe that is bigger than you think you want.

This. And then go a size bigger than that. I thought my current safe would be fine forever, but I should've gone larger.
>>
any1 here own a usp compact? looking to get my first handgun and i can't decide between 9mm or 45 acp. This gun will be used for home defense/ccw
>>
>>32348157
For all your Big Boss fantasies get the 9mm. If your dick get's hard when you think about a double stack .45 then the choice is obvious.
>>
>>32348202
never shot either caliber ngl
>>
>>32347665
I have a 12 gun one bolting to my garage floor and I wish it was bigger. Yeah if you own your own home save up and go big like the other poster said

Also:
>get that firepoof nigga
>you HAVE TO BOLT IT TO THE FLOOR PERIOD
>>
>>32348023

I can vouge for this. my .38 special was absolutely the worst gun I've ever had the displeasure of firing.
>>
>>32348217
I mean, they're both about the same price, you can fit more 9mm in the mags, but 12 .45s isn't anything to laugh at either. I shoot a 1911 a lot and like it, I shoot milsurp 9s all the time and like it. In this day and age they're both pretty much the same. All it boils down to is do you want more bullet or bigger bullet?
>>
>>32348063
On its own, a $300 safe is not going to be good against much except maybe children. You can probably make it work if you supplement it with a home security system and make sure it's bolted down extremely solidly in a basement or some other place where thieves would have a hard time carting it out.
>>
>>32348321
>>32348321
And niether one kills better than the other either. The 9 will more than likely with exceptions be easier to make follow up shots and the .45 will dump slightly more energy into the target or overpenetrate drastically (ballistics gel reacts significantly different to flesh with the added variable of pockets of air and bone) which is why police are inclined to use 9mm. It doesnt fly through and kill a guy behind the target and land you 3-5 years with a manslaughter charge.
>get a not cheap gun that feels good in your hand
>pissed off fudds defending their dinosaur fun time bullet inc
>>
>>32348122
seconding this. I've filled mine and I don't know how. also try to think of the logistics of where things will go.

Also I recommend a separate stack-on ammo container for ammo. shit's too bulky for the safe.

>>32347665
fireproof is highly recommended, but if you live in town don't fret too much about a super long fire rating, the fire department will come in a reasonable amount of time. however, if you don't bolt it to the floor your guns will disappear in little cartoon-y poofs of smoke and your entire family will catch syphilis and die.
>>
>>32347665
Cannon has an ok "safe" at tractor supply for around $500-600

It's the one I have and it works nice, I will upgrade to a better when I can since it's full, but I works for now
>>
How can i clean a rifle stock? I've heard just use a sponge in hot water and dawn soap, but won't that raise the grain on the wood?
>>
>>32348980
Is it not finished or is it old as hell. If its some old milsurp with flakey finish i would just wipe off the hand funk with a DAMP not wet rag then put it in front of a fan to dry
>>
>>32348980
Damp towel, are you just trying to get fingerprints off? Or what are you cleaning off?
>>
>>32349012
It smells
>>
>>32349064
Damp towel on the outside and inside. Rub it over gently a few times then let it dry in front of a fan. Is it milsurp or an old gun?
>>
>>32349064
Put it in a black bag and put it out in the hot sun so it sweats out all the funk and then wipe it down with a damp rag
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.