[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Enlistment General /meg/ Ask an Officer Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 46

File: post-51189-0-63369600-1434241867.jpg (211KB, 864x1179px) Image search: [Google]
post-51189-0-63369600-1434241867.jpg
211KB, 864x1179px
Military Enlistment General /meg/
Ask an Officer Edition
Previous thread
>>32228872→ →

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857
>>
>Sec Defense Marine
>Sec Homeland Security Marine
Realistically speaking how much better will the Marines be off now?
Any budget increases?
What will the ostensible improvements be?
>>
Bumping this thread as the last one is on it's death throes.

Subject tells all.

1. I'm an officer (2LT) in the US Army.
2. I'm branched Signal (25A) and I am currently attached to the S3 section of my BN as a network officer.

If you have questions about anything in regards to:

1. How do I become an officer?
2. The OCS experience (I was a college option contract, not ROTC)
3. What does being an officer entail?
4. If I want to become an officer, how do I not get lost during land nav?
5. WWII Reenacting (muh hobby)

Ask away. Don't forget, I'm here forever.
>>
If you ain't infantry you ain't shit.
>>
File: 1020.jpg (281KB, 637x640px) Image search: [Google]
1020.jpg
281KB, 637x640px
>>32244776

Unknown. Trump has promised pay increases to troops but we'll see if that happens.

"muh BAH"
>>
Anyone ever tried to join the French Foreign Legion? I'm off to France next month to give it a shot. I trained with them in 2010 in D'jibouti and they were very impressive. It planted the idea in my head of someday trying to join.
>>
File: starship-troopers-join-now.jpg (104KB, 580x377px) Image search: [Google]
starship-troopers-join-now.jpg
104KB, 580x377px
>>32244868

>infantry
>not deploying
>enjoy painting rocks
>>
>>32244825
>3. What does being an officer entail?
What is every day life like.
>>
>>32244979
1. Wake up.
2. PT
3. Go home, shower, change.
4. Get to my office
5. Work on paperwork (TECHSOP)
6. Lunch
7. Talk to NCOs at various times of the day to make sure the joes are completing their work.
8. Make sure that the joes get dismissed as early as possible because holding them here makes their lives ass.

Essentially I do a lot of Powerpoint, Excel, and Word shit all day long. Throw in some counseling and NCOER's from time to time.

As a cherry 2LT you just need to make sure that you're not a dick and listen to your senior NCOs and Platoon Sgts.
>>
Obligatory lying at meps because of mental health history involving voluntary hospitalization diagnosis and medication at the ripe ages of 10-12

Want to be navy corpsman
>>
>>32245046
Wtf do officers no longer get to kick doors and shoot people?
>>
I want to be a pilot. I was thinking of doing either the aviation pipeline for Seaman to Admiral, because I have about a year and a half of community college credit from high school, although my grades weren't amazing, or going to school full time in the reserves. Which one is the superior option?
>>
>>32245046
>make sure the joes get home as early as possible
You are the hero the battalion needs, but not the hero the battalion deserves
>>
>>32245347
Dude I'm Signal Corps.

Infantry PL's can still do "cool guy shit" but I'm a 27 year old scrawny 5' 5" manchild. I went with something where I wouldn't be doing that.
>>
If I want to actually do stuff on the field, should I avoid becoming an officer?
I was told that officers received better training, better opportunities and that they could do just as much field work as enlisted personnel. Is it true?
Does it depend on the country?
>>
>>32245593

Do Signal Officers get to go on training missions / do anything off of base?

Is it possible for a Signal Officer in early-mid 20's to earn the respect of the enlisted under their command?
>>
>>32245513
STA21? that's gonna be a bitch to get into for pilot but it happens. Usually happens for nuke enlisted>nuke officers though. Just go through NROTC or OCS
>>
Jesus Christ op way to let your thread die
>>
>>32245593
>Signal Corps
> and manages communications and information systems
Damn is this the IT of the Army?
>>
OP did you actually just start an AMA and leave
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>32246124

Sorry, driving. Pic related
>>
>>32246261
it's also /meg/ you faggot OP is not the main component
>>
>>32246342
why are you calling me a faggot when you're the one who sucks dicks
>>
>>32246405
Did I say I was not a faggot, faggot?
>>
>>32244756
I have a BS but I'm about to fail out of grad school. Is there any chance for me to be accepted into OCS?
>>
File: burn.gif (986KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
burn.gif
986KB, 500x281px
>>32246405
>>
File: 0745072252.gif (999KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
0745072252.gif
999KB, 500x180px
>>32246405
my god
>>
>>32246411
They look at both GPAs but I can't remember which matters more once youre in grad school
what're the GPAs/majors?
>>
>>32246405
wow savage as fuck please take this elsewhere
>>
>>32245894
I thought STA21 had separate pools for pilots and nuke. Or is it all the same? I genuinely don't know
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Ich hab' gesagt dass ich bald zurück gekommen wird.

This phone better not rotate my goddamn photo.
>>
>>32245838
Please respond.
>>
>>32246458
I'm just saying it's a low chance at it through STA21 insteaf of OCS/ROTC
>>
>>32245891
Yes. We go on many FTXs and shit. Commo is necessary to keep our force fighting.
>>
>>32246465
ayyyyyyy god bless

>>32245891
please respond
>>
>>32246481
Awesome, thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 960x928px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 960x928px
>>32245891
It's easy to earn their respect.

1. Don't be a moron
2. Get shit done efficiently and don't waste their time.
3. Be involved. Make sure your NCOs aren't failing your soldiers.

No soldier wants to be stuck PMCS'ing shit at 19:00 on a Friday night. Make sure shit gets done and on time. Dismiss them when it's appropriate.

They're playing "shake it off" at this McDonalds. My anthem.
>>
>>32246411
Unknown. Depends on what you want. Active? Probably not.
>>
>>32246434
3.25 undergrad, engineering
0.0 graduate (failing first semester, decent chance they wont let me stay)
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Also, protip:

Cut the lining out of one of your PCs.

In the heat down south you'll regret not doing it. Pic related.
>>
>>32244914
>not deploying
wut

Enjoy hating your life behind a desk fat fuck
>>
>>32246649
How hard was it to branch signal? gpa, college major etc.
>>
>>32246613
I want to gain experience related to engineering (or really anything thats not manual labor) in the military. I read somewhere that most of the true engineering stuff in the military is only for officers, hence why I ask.

Active as in active duty? I have no clue what you mean here.
>>
>>32246544
That is great to hear. Thank you for your service and answers
>>
>>32246637
If they only look at undergrad then you got a good shot. I know they look at grad school but I forget how big a component it is, if anything you can drop out. Talk to a recruiter
>>
File: 1467069997129.jpg (33KB, 366x321px) Image search: [Google]
1467069997129.jpg
33KB, 366x321px
Asked in the last thread just before it got closed:

How hard is it to get Operations Intelligence in a 4-year air force contract? Do I just go to a recruiter and ask if I can get that job?

I'm sure I can do well enough on the ASVAB, but I'm a 27 year old college dropout (with 80ish credits), if that matters.
>>
>>32246747
Honestly you likely won't get much experience that would translate into civilian engineering work in the armed forces unless you manage to land a very specific job. As an officer you'll mostly be a manager dealing with people rather than technology.

If you want to work with military tech then get an engineering job at a defense company. One of my alumni is a naval Commander with an electrical engineering masters, he works with helicopters but he almost never does anything that would be considered engineering work with them. He just tells other people to do it while he has overall responsibility of them and the staff working with them.

Other alumni i know in the civilian sector work with electronic defense, communication systems and optics so they actually build weapons.

So if you actually want to work with tech going officer is not a sure way to do it, because if you sign up to be an officer you kinda have to go with what they assign you to. So there are no guarantees you'll end up getting to do what you're asking about.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32246733
To be completely honest I'm a Nasty Girl on ADOS orders right now, practically AGR.

To branch Signal in the reserve component is easy. Active duty through OCS? Depends on your OCS class rank and how many slots are open at that time.

Pic is how we stored our weps at OCS.
>>
>>32246884
Go navy IS.
>>
>>32246884
>but I'm a 27 year old college dropout (with 80ish credits), if that matters.

It won't be negative for you. Having college credits could mean you can join at a higher level than E1, you could get bumped up to E2 or E3 right away. But Air Force have really slow promotion rates, so they're probably less generous with that than the Army is.

But yeah, go to a recruiter and tell them that is what you want. But since it's Air Force they might not have a slot open for a long time, so unless you're prepared to wait for a long ass time you could also explore other options. There are other intelligence services too, so insist on doing something that you want instead of being talked into doing something stupid like Nuke or security forces. If you score high on the ASVAB they'll always try to talk you into going nuke. Don't do it.
>>
>>32246476
Just making sure. STA21 seems like a great program, but also an easy way to get sucked into an enlisted contract I can't get out of.

Going reserve and ROTC is completely feasible though, right?
>>
>>32247037
Just do ROTC or OCS, no reason to go reserve if your goal is to fly
>>
Got an army fitness test next week how do i make sure im 100% for it?
>>
>>32247185
Go back in time 6 months and exercise constantly
>>
>>32247201
Kek
>>
>>32247201
what else
>>
>>32247185
start hydrating a few days before, carbo load the night before. make sure you take a shit before you run.
>>
>>32247132
I'm broke as fuck and need direction. Plus, I thought maybe already being in the military and having some training might help me get into flight school
>>
>>32244756
Hey, I'm in shape, 24, lift 5 times a week, run 2-3 times for 10k. I finished college a year ago and took on Grad school for Slavic Linguistics. The subject I love, Grad school, however, eats a bag of dicks and these people are the worst I've ever been around. Honest to god /pol/ couldn't make a straw man as bad as these people, and I didn't want to have my name associated with this place. I quit this semester, and I'm thinking about joining the Marines.

Now my question is, should I go in as enlisted or as an officer?

I honestly think that things are going to get substantially worse in the next 20 years, both inside the country and oversees, and I want to be able to survive and develop skills for survival. I go to the range at least twice a month. I'm not against being a grunt, and I want to get my hands dirty. I really don't want to be behind a desk like op (no offense op, I've just been behind one for 5 years and is off myself if I had to do that now for 4more) what can you guys recommend I do.

>inb4 kill self
>>
>>32247263
aight
>>
>>32247290
Depends on what you want to get out of it. Officer definitely means better living conditions and pay but if you really want to go for combat role then enlist will get you there. Officers will mostly work as managers and not get their hands dirty. Do you want to make a career or just do 4 year and then quit?
>>
>>32247249
>>32247406
Is it reasonable to want to join as a Signals Officer from 25-30 years old, then transition to civilian intel agency or go private? I'm in school now for applied software systems and will be joining the reserves for the next couple years of school. Thanks
>>
>>32247406
Well, I figure (correct me if I'm wrong) that I might sign on again, and if time and God willing; that I am still around in 4 years, I may do another 4 as an officer. Can I do this?
>>
>>32246901
Thanks for the honesty. What about military jobs that dont involve eng?

Really, I'd like to join but I don't want it to be a waste of my time. If I can learn something useful (for example, a foreign language, flying) or gain experience (leadership) without scrubbing floors or standing guard then im interested. I don't want to feel like I threw 4 years of my life down the drain.
>>
Do you ever meet officers who wished they joined as NCM?
>>
just got out of a meeting with my recruiter (AF), trying to enlist as cryptolinguist. Evidently it requires one of the highest ASVAB scores in the military.

I'm scheduled for MEPS in 2 weeks. My question is this: will I need to study for the ASVAB to get this score (72), or should I be fine just fucking off until the day of?

I've done 2 years at University and my understanding is that it's mostly high school stuff...my concern is that I might not remember all of that nonsense.
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 550x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 550x636px
>>32247432
Totally Reasonable.

I contracted when I was 26. 27 now and it feels so good.

Just don't reveal your power level at BCT and don't call cadence in German at OCS.

Though it turns out I wasn't as much of a weeb as "Piss Pants Perez" at BCT. Dude said his dream was to open a Noodle shop in Tokyo and drew anime shit in his memo book. He also couldn't shoot for shit.

Also, at Jackson BCT they do BRM with an M68 CCO (Aimpoint CompM4) and they are beat to shit/total ass. Protip: use your irons.
>>
>>32246664
>Enjoy hating your life behind a desk fat fuck
Why would I hate it?

Life's great.
>>
If I'm applying to a new job but I know that I'm eventually leaving for the military in a few months, should I tell them? I feel it's a dick move to tell them then leave in a few months but the job I currently have sucks and isn't a permanent full time so it's not like I'd want to go back to that after
>>
Any reason to volunteer for extra shit while at BMT?
>>
>>32248027
Wow, very interesting. Thanks so much for the details.
>>
>>32248019
You didn't take the short asvab?
If you're in college you should score above 70 fine. Go into a bookstore and check some asvab prep book if you want.
>>
>>32248561
I say screw em.
>>
>>32248461
you will begin to hate what you chose then wish you do infantry but by then youll be a fat fuck incapable of doing what real men do
>>
File: images_021.png (9KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
images_021.png
9KB, 224x225px
sup fags, been around 6 months since i've posted on meg

any chance the military is gonna ease up on regulations and waiver with the new president?

t. tattooed retard
>>
>>32249416
Probably not unless there's some major shit happening

Also, tattoos aren't really a problem at all unless you have some on your hands, neck or face.
>>
File: 64116316351.png (216KB, 588x588px) Image search: [Google]
64116316351.png
216KB, 588x588px
>>32249444
I have a few on my fingers I am in the process of removing.

The others go to pic related, right below the little protrusion on the radius&ulna

Besides the ones on my fingers, you wouldn't be able to tell I have tattoos if I was wearing long sleeves. I also have a college degree if that might help me get a waiver.
>>
>>32249518
Off the top of my head, you're fine as long as you don't have anything above your collar bone (nothing on your neck) and not more of 50% of either hand covered
>>
>>32249444
>>32249555
Damn son, you are just blasting me with trips. Yeah I have sleeves, chest and some of my legs done, but I stupidly had some of my hands done. Wish I hadn't, it's pretty much the only thing that keeps me from looking normal when I have pants/shirts on. I just want to serve my country ya know?
>>
>>32249580
Have you talked to a recruiter yet anon?

Go do that if you haven't yet
>>
File: images_006.jpg (10KB, 168x299px) Image search: [Google]
images_006.jpg
10KB, 168x299px
>>32249659
I was gonna wait until I finished uni in May, but maybe it'd be a good idea to get my foot in the door. I don't even know what branch I want.
>>
On the Air Force website some of the jobs have "Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit" under the qualifications.

What exactly does that mean? Is this what they do at MEPS?
>>
>>32250033
Credit check
>>
Is it better or worse to be enlisted as a reservist while pursuing a degree for an active commission?
>>
so whens the next war

everyones getting bored and peacetime is fucking gay
>>
>>32244907
I have. 7 years ago.
>next month
Can't vouch for how it might be nowadays, but recruit is always much easier around winter since much, much less people show up. I take it you have some previous military experience, so that's already a huge fucking plus. Just don't have any felonies, and don't say any stupid shit at the gestapo interview, they'll basically ask you to detail out your entire life, over the course of a few hours, and then do it again two or three more times to check for consistency, so have that clearly in your mind. As long as you're not some felon, or very fucked up individual, you should have pretty good chances of joining. They are a very professional force and are always looking for the best, despite what other memes might say.
>>
>>32252936
>recruit
recruitment* fuck me with a rake, it's lake.
>>
>>32252949
>lake
LATE* oh god oh fuck I'm fucking retarded hahgabejkbrhasjhalsjf
>>
Hey, first time posting here. I was prior service few years back and was looking to get back in. Was interested in 25d/35q and transitioning to 17c eventually. Anyone currently in any of those?
>>
>>32247487

yes, "green to gold" is the best way to go officer. you'll get a shitload more respect from your platoon if you've already got 4 years of enlisted experience.
>>
>>32244756
>tfw joining the navy but self concious about terrible acne scars on my back
I'll get over it but it's frustating af
>>
>>32253380
Nobody will care
>>
>>32253380
>Navy

Your boyfriends gonna hate those scars when hes fucking you from behind
>>
>>32253380
Whats your rate? Thats something you should be far more concerned with.
>>
>>32248027
Are you in the field as a signal officer?
And when I went with a signal unit it looked boring.
Set up comms ... wait .... pack up comms
Is this true?
>>
Hello /meg/

I want to be a engineer officer in the netherlands.

With this function you need good stability at the feet and knees, stability that I maybe dont have.

As an altervative I can choose:
-Airforce IT
-Army repair vehicle
-Army Comms
-Airforce repair planes, heli's

which is least boring?
With airforce IT its possible to move on to intelligence, but you will only sit in an office all day long?

which do you recommend
>>
>>32249518
You know you're allowed to have one ring tattoo on each hand right? To my knowledge that regulation hasn't changed
>>
How hard is it to get a TS clearance
>>
I am very much lacking in upper body strength and can only do a few push-ups.

Would I see better results just by doing a lot of push-ups or should I start working out at the gym?
>>
>>32249261
Got out after 6 years behind a desk to go sit behind a different desk for more money. Zero regrets. Infantry is retarded and, in 2016, pretty useless.
>>
>>32254889
Both
>>
Best rates for Navy with contracting opportunities post service? IT would be good, yeah?
>>
>>32253039
Is this true?
>>
>>32255356

Yep. Not only that your enlisted time counts as years in. We had a former SSgt that went Officer. He was a LT, and the only guy who made more than him in entire battalion was the BN CO.
>>
>>32255356
No. No one will give a shit about what you did before you became an officer, all that matters is that you're a good officer and you can be a good officer without being enlisted and you can be a shitty officer even if you were enlisted.

So if you want to be an officer go officer right away. There's nothing wrong with going from enlisted to officer if you feel like that's the right choice for you. But it's not superior in any way and it won't change how people treat you.
>>
File: sweat-3[1].jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweat-3[1].jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>32255400
>>32255385
>>
Are there any manlets (below 5'7) in the SF or Ranger
>>
>becoming an officer requires a bachelor's degree which I don't have
>enlisting makes it much harder (in my country) to pursue a military career and get retirement benefits
>same thing for NCOs from what I've seen since they're also on a fixed-term contract as opposed to officers

I don't want to enlist just to get laid off just before my contract ends and being unable to retire. I want to make a career out of the military, preferably in intel
My cunt is france and the army here is notorious for its poor treatment of enlisted personnel when it comes to opportunities and benefits.
That's probably not a subject I can bring up with my recruiter.

What should I do?
>>
File: 5b7[1].png (61KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
5b7[1].png
61KB, 200x176px
>>32255518
>below 5'7
>not below 6'0
>>
>>32255513
If you want to be an officer, don't enlist for 4 years if you already have a degree because then you could just go straight into being an officer. If you don't have a degree then you could enlist and become an officer later. That's how simple it is.
>>
File: 1466539361942.jpg (46KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
1466539361942.jpg
46KB, 700x467px
>>32254964
Whatever you need to tell yourself.
>>
>>32246307
You from Australia?
>>
>>32254112
How exactly does that help me?
>>
>>32255536
Bump.
Should I just go NCO?
>>
>>32255843
If you have one ring tatto on your hand, you don't have to remove it. You never said what kind of hand tattoo you have, so I gave info that might've applied
>>
>>32244907
>>
>>32253881
bum,p
>>
Are there any resources for brushing up on my Algebra and Geometry for my ASVAB?

It's been a while since High School and I honestly don't remember half of that shit.
>>
>>32254964
>Infantry useless

The average POG everyone. They feel the need to talk shit about infantry because they hate themselves and are jealous they'll never be real men in infantry.

Fuck POG faggots like you without us you would be speaking Chinese, Russian or Arabic
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 1200x1178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 1200x1178px
>>32255715
>2016
>Playing the 'Whatever you need to tell yourself/Whatever makes you feel better' card.
>>
>>32257712
>2017 - ~ 1 month
>This much damage control
>>
Who gets to be the DM in an infantry squad?
>>
>>32257692
You only need to practice on doing hand calculations and percentage. So grab a pen and paper and do some divisions and shit to refresh your mind. You don't need anything advanced.
>>
>>32257712
wow dude, that's all you got? woulda been better of not posting at all, fuckface
>>
>>32257764
the guy who cant shoot
>>
>>32257764
There is no such thing anymore. Everyone carries same shit, everyone shoots to kill if and when they can.
>>
>>32257712
>Being this much in denial

kill yourself fatty
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 720x960px
>>32257738
>E=mc^2 * fitty = currentyear
>Claims that logical fallacies were made during an earlier portion of the army vs. army debate, suggesting that some sort of augmentative damage must be controlled.
>mfw not even same pog anon.
>>
>>32257824
Wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 300x350px
>>32257738
>>32257784
>>32257811

>samefagging this hard
>>
File: 1444367860115.jpg (35KB, 638x748px) Image search: [Google]
1444367860115.jpg
35KB, 638x748px
Planning on doing Navy EOD

Am I retard?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-08-15-38-59.png (330KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-08-15-38-59.png
330KB, 1080x1920px
>>32257844
How do you always catch me?
>>
I'm in DEP for the Navy, my 30 day indoc is tomorrow, and I got a girl pregnant. What do
>>
>>32257887
Pay for the abortion, like a Gentleman.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 212x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 212x230px
>>32257699
>real men in infantry

Are you even in the military? It's called INFANTry for a reason.
>>
>>32257867
It's not hard.
>>
>>32257898
/r/im12andthisisfunny
>>
>>32257844
>that feeling when you realize more than one anon thinks you're a dumb faggot
>>
>>32257922
>tfw you spell out 'that feeling when'.
>>
>>32257938
Is this some meta intentionally retarded samefagging?

tfw is "that feel when" not feeling.
>>
>>32257963
>tfw I'm arguing with some fag about the enormous difference between 'feel' and 'feeling'.
>>
>>32257896
No abortions allowed in this state. I more or less accepted the inevitable. I just want to know if this is something I should mention or keep quiet. The DEP meeting sheet asks if someone has TOLD me that I'm the father of their unborn child. I can say I was never told right? And she isn't my wife, don't they have to wait till it's born to establish paternity
>>
>>32257922
this
>>
>>32258000
I'm just saying that if you want to be a retard at least be a retard correctly.
>>
>>32257922
shit
>>
>>32257692
Get/steal a ASVAB prep book at the bookstore!
>>
>>32258360
>I couldn't join because I was arrested stealing a Asvab practice book that cost $5

Top kek. Let it happen please.
>>
>>32257692
throw in a little shop study too.

Only reason I didn't 99, I'm just a dumb caveman that deals with machinery by hitting it.
>>
>>32257699

>Maxkek

Have fun being replaced by drones.
>>
>>32258724
Are you mentally fucking retarded?

Not even him, but Drones would replace pilots not Infantry.
>>
>>32258724
Can drones hold ground? No?

Youre a fucking retard
>>
>>32258724
Are we going to have remote controlled humanoid robots? That makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>32258746
>>32258760
>>32258765

Here's three infantry retards who don't understand that drones aren't just aircraft, and certainly don't just replace aircraft.

Ground-based drones can respond to threats more quickly and accurately than people, while standing up to far more abuse.

Infantryfags will be about as relevant in 100 years as archers and horsemen are today. It's an undeniable fact you can already see in how the military recruits. Riflefags are getting forced out left and right while they're constantly recruiting for intelligence analysts and cyber warfare technicians.

Remember how infantry was always the largest basic branch of the Army? Not anymore, dumbfucks. It's MI now.
>>
>>32258013
>>32257887

Paternity can be established pretty early, anon, thanks to MODERN SCIENCE. If she knows she's pregnant, it's probably been long enough that she can get tested now for surefire paternity. Only barrier is cost.

Either way, man up and take responsibility one way or another. If you can't be responsible for one dame and one potential sprog, the fuck do you think you're doing signing up to be responsible for the lives of your brothers in arms? You aren't even fit to file paperwork if that's your attitude.
>>
>>32257887
Drive to another state then???
>>
>>32258923

Please turn me into an attack helicopter, Army-senpai!
>>
>>32258923
to long didnt read.

drones will never replace infantry you fucking retard go kill yourself
>>
>>32258923
>Remember how infantry was always the largest basic branch of the Army?

I doubt this was the case since the War of 1812. Combat Arms in general is a small part of the Army. Service and Support, Direct Support, Logistics and all the other bullshit necessarily make up the bulk of it.
>>
>>32258949

>I do declare, my good sir, your new-fangled automobile shall never replace my trustworthy steed and carriage.

See that? That's how dumb you sound.
>>
>>32259034

>Not understanding how the Army works.

Infantry has been the largest basic branch for hundreds of years.
>>
>>32259035
?
>>
>>32258932
K I'll bring it up. This means I have to marry her right? Will that fuck up my ship date? I'm going nuke.
>>
>>32259177
Would she in any way fuck up your security clearance? Does she have foreign family, criminal record, financial problems or anything like that?

Marrying her is your own choice. But being married in the armed forces comes with advantages such as being able to live in a house instead of in the barracks. But do you actually want to live with this woman? If it's your kid you should take responsibility for knocking her up.
>>
>>32259233
She had a trespassing charge from when she was in highschool.
I'd be fine living with her, I've done it before for roughly two years, then we split and got back a few months ago.
Obviously the kid is the most important thing.
The only think this would really change for my plans if the Navy is fine with all of it, is that I'd go boomers instead of fast attack.
>>
>>32259307
You don't really get to pick and choose about going boomer or fast attack anyways. You get what you get. You can request it but no guarantees.
>>
>>32244756
>Ask an officer edition
Anyone here get their commission from OCS instead of ROTC?

Junior in college now and looking to join after uni.
>>
>>32258923
>drones
>more accurate

All of my wutttttttt

Yea, not too concerned about a drone replacing an ODA anytime soon.
>>
>>32259377

>Implying ODA are infantry

Nope. SF will always have a job because SF isn't a branch full of conventional fuckwits.
>>
>>32259396
Wrong.
>>
>>32259396
>SF constitutes a Branch
>>
>>32259396
Spotted the civilian retard that doesnt know what hes talking about
>>
>>32259396
Do... do you know how SF selection works?

I mean, they're not conventional anymore in a doctrinal sense, but one actually has to hold an 11 series mos before one's q course.

Also post source on MI being larger than IN, because I'd love to know where you're getting that information. You've been factually wrong on so many layers about how drones work, I'd just love to see where you're getting it.
>>
File: 20161208_181219.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161208_181219.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Did I do good /k/?
>>
>>32259461

Yes, Special Forces is a basic branch of the Army. It's personnel are organized under CMF18.
>>
>>32259484

>I mean, they're not conventional anymore in a doctrinal sense, but one actually has to hold an 11 series mos before one's q course.

This is a meme espoused by infantry in an effort to try and remain relevant. Special Forces is not infantry.
>>
>>32259639
>not having Rifle, Pistol, Grenade, Bayonet coming out of Basic
>2016

Oh fuck it totally makes sense that the qual is Carbine now, but god i'm old.
>>
>>32259684
Wrong
>>
>>32259484

>I mean, they're not conventional anymore in a doctrinal sense, but one actually has to hold an 11 series mos before one's q course.

What are you, retarded? SFAS doesn't give you an 11-series MOS.
>>
File: 20161126_145757.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161126_145757.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>32259708
>implying I did bayonet training
Why do I even live
Also I just graduated what the fuck has been going on for the past 10 weeks did trump really win? Is mattis secretary of defense? What memes did I miss?
>>
>>32259668
That's just because Army's shit is retarded. No one else refers to it as such.
>>
>>32259760
i bet you cant shoot a hole in that wall
>>
>>32246465
did you go to The Citadel?
>>
19D of 13F?
>>
>>32260542
11B
>>
>>32260563
But I'm a bitch who doesn't like PT and I got a decent score on the ASVAB.
>>
>>32260583
68w

11b's are dumb
>>
>>32260615
>>32260583

11b or nothing
>>
How do I into an operator in Trumps Imperium Army? No longer a dirty leftist.

I feel like I would be an ideal soldier; smart, fit, read Mattis's fav book Meditations, not a millennial, like acronyms etc.

I dont want a desk job I want to shoot at things.
>>
>>32260863
>Not a millennial

You're too old to join then.
>>
File: IMG_0447.jpg (156KB, 657x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0447.jpg
156KB, 657x710px
>>32260863
Nice pepe
>>
Hey guys im planning on enlisting soon and I'm worried that the people in basic will make fun of my tiny dick. Is it true that the drill sargent likes to make fun of small dick dudes in the shower and he starts pulling and spitting on it. That's like my number 1 fear in basic so should I stay worried about that or does that shit only happen in the navy?
>>
>>32261154
'88 is too old?

>>32261191
10-4
>>
File: 88L.jpg (50KB, 815x815px) Image search: [Google]
88L.jpg
50KB, 815x815px
Im enlisted into the Army as 'pic related'
The very last step I need to take is something called the OPAT

>What the hell is the OPAT and what is it used for.
Physical test? Pen and paper? What is it?
Recruiter said I need to be in the office Wednesday for the OPAT and I said yea ill be there.
Shoulda asked him but didn't think about it at the time.
>>
>>32261305
>tfw grower not a shower
>>
>>32244825
Any way I can be communications officer and still get a comfy foward deployment in korea.
>>
>>32261413
Born in '88 makes you a millennial, bruh. There are lots of millennials in their 30s. You sure as fuck ain't GenX.
>>
>>32258923
>le robots will replace people mayamay
Swirly yourself, nerd
>>
>>32261305
Try to get yourself hard a few minutes before the shower so that by the time you undress you're still kinda big but unerect.
>>
Bump for America's Navy.
>>
When is the best time to shit/jerk off in basic?
>>
>>32261563
>shit
at night
>jerk off
at night in the showers
or on sunday mornings when nobody is in the showers
>>
My medical eligibility is sketchy. Recruiter says he's going to make an anonymous request to a MEPS doctor about whether my candidacy is good to go or not? Is this a Jewish trick or has anyone heard of recruiters doing this.

TLDR: anyone ever heard of recruiters asking MEPS doctors about certain conditions? are recruiters and meps staff tight like that?
>>
Anybody have any general SF86 tips?

Also never enlist as:
>Security Forces
>MP
>Master At Arms
>>
>>32261457
We weren't millennials when we were kids what that shit. We're gen y
>>
>>32259753
>>32259684
Both of you are functionally retarded.

Anybody can go to SFAS regardless of prior MOS. However, once selected, you have to reclass to 11b for the duration of the pipeline, until you are awarded your new 18 series mos. If you fail any part of it, out to the line you go.

every single 18 series guy has a background in the 11 series, however brief.

Have none of you ever even talked to an SF recruiter?
>>
>>32247290
>I honestly think that things are going to get substantially worse in the next 20 years, both inside the country and oversees, and I want to be able to survive and develop skills for survival.

Do you believe all of the retarded memes or just this one?
>>
>>32261495

I would, but flush-water toilets will never replace these pits we've dug in the ground. Shitting in pits is clearly the best solution to this problem and we will never progress beyond it.
>>
>>32245347
If an officer is focused on kicking doors or shooting people, they are not doing their job.
>>
>>32261729

>Anybody can go to SFAS regardless of prior MOS. However, once selected, you have to reclass to 11b for the duration of the pipeline, until you are awarded your new 18 series mos. If you fail any part of it, out to the line you go.

Bullshit. I know half a dozen guys that bounced off the SF pipeline and came right back to their old desk jobs. "Don't worry bro, we make you infantry real quick on the way" is an infantry meme.
>>
>>32244756
Found out I have scoliosis and they won't let me join any branch. It's not that bad but it's beyond their standards. Short of a full scale ww3 scenario I'll never be able to join. So what should I do? Any other careers that I can do to serve my country that my spine shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>32261636
>Also never enlist as
>any and all security and law enforcement jobs

Why not?
>>
File: IMG_0681.jpg (244KB, 1177x1230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0681.jpg
244KB, 1177x1230px
Question;
I know you're supposed to lie at meps about mental shit when you were a young kid, but here's what happened to me.

>be me around 7 or 8
>childhood trama ensues
>made me a nervous wreck for a while
>one day have massive break down in school at age 8 or 9
>state gets involved
>went to see a state appointed shrink a few times
>don't remember much about it to be honest other than It happened.

The evens that happened don't bother me anymore, but I'm worried since it was state it would effect my enlistment opportunity. Wut do?
>>
>>32252593
>reserve
Go guard

>guaranteed job
>less deployments
>less commitment
>more money
>>
>>32261962
Because, unironiclly, your job will be checking IDs at gates, saluting at gates, standing on a tarmac watching gates, or answering on base domestic violence calls or the aftermaths of DUIs. You will hate your job. And civie LEO may consider your a liability due to the UCMJ ingrained in your being.

There are better things.
>>
Why are Australian infantry uniforms so ugly holy shit
>>
>>32262610

Say nothing. Unless you yourself bring the documents proving that this happened to your doc or doc attendent at MEPS for all intents and purposes it did not happen.
>>
>>32262610
My mom had both my brother and I go to some shrink after my dad went to jail because she thought we needed it. I never told my recruiter about it and I made it through MEPs. However after 2 weeks at RTC I got separated with a fraudulent enlistment for lying about it. Somehow they found out, I have no idea how and I don't know why they didn't just stop me at MEPs... fuck the Navy.
>>
>>32262713
Did you require a TS by any chance?
>>
>>32262713
Completely serious, your mom told them.

They called during your clearance screening and she didn't know not to say anything
>>
>>32262768
That's the conclusion I came to when it was all said and done.
>>
>>32256761
>>If you have one ring tatto on your hand,
>I have a few on my fingers
>have a few
>a few
>few
I take it you're an 11B?
>>
>>32262713
Fuck..... I'd be trying to get into either 11b, 19d, 0311, or 0331. I saw a non state therapist a few time too, because my mom still figured I was fucked up from it. In hs the guidance councilor thought I was depressed because I was doing shit in school at the time. How can I prove to them I've been ok for years and my mother was just being a twat?
>>
Do recruiters keep logs of what you tell them? If I talked to one branches, and talked to another branch and said something different and joined that branch, would that somehow come back on me?
>>
Question about meps. I was in the last thread but never got a chance to post. I'm 25, and I have a lot of scars. Not from self harm or anything, but me and this girl I've been involved with for a long time is really big on scratching /hitting / clawing the shit out of me when we fuck. Is this going to be an issue?
>>
>>32262862
I remember they told me that if I ever wanted to give it another shot my best bet would be to either get a signed statement from the original shrink saying that I was okay, but this won't happen because the dude died in 2011. They also said I could see another shrink and they would have to provide a signed statement saying I was good to go.
>>
>>32262891
This
My recruiter took my ID and wrote down my address and shit. What did she do this for?
>>
>>32262909
I have 3 scars on my head from when I was a little kid and they said I needed a doctors note saying they were no longer an issue. But it really depends on how noticeable the scars are.
>>
>>32262613
How do you switch over from enlisted air guard to commissioned air force? Paperwork and OTS?
>>
File: 1481150749232.jpg (228KB, 600x888px) Image search: [Google]
1481150749232.jpg
228KB, 600x888px
>>32261415
Google it you retarded faggot

>>32261543
Sailor here

>>32261563
When i went through everyone would shit right after breakfast. Usually youre too tired to jerk off.

>>32261629
You're TLDR is just as long yo turd.
Whats your condition?

>>32262806
haven't you asked your dumb mother about it yet?
>>
>>32263156
She died right after
>>
I'm going officer in April

Tell me about what I'm doing
>>
>>32261305
Where on earth do you people come up with this shit. I legitimately doubt you ever "heard" from someone else that DI's do this

And no, they won't. That's just unnecessary and purposelessly rude. DI's are not allowed to discriminate against their soldiers for things that are beyond the soldiers control (race, sexuality and a tiny pipe are all off limits)
>>
>>32261516
That is the gayest thing I have heard all day. And not even 2 hours ago I was playing a raging homosexual in a musical
>>
>>32261729
>they make you an 11 series before giving you your 18 series

What even is 18x

They do give all 18x's 11 series AIT, but making them reclass twice(or 3 times if you fail out) would just be unnecessary paperwork
>>
>>32261305
I'm. Now so much worried about this, but I just feel like it would be awkward as fuck to shower in front of / with your DI
>>
>>32261694
Gen Y = Millennial.
Get in the Millennial Falcon, motherfucker.

The cognitive dissonance you experience is because you are at the elder edge of our generation, because generations are 20 years wide. We were all shaped by the same bullshit though.
>>
Doing basic in a few weeks

What the fuck did I sign up for
>>
File: 1480735567550.jpg (522KB, 610x900px) Image search: [Google]
1480735567550.jpg
522KB, 610x900px
>>32263412
>She died right after
>>32263467
>doesnt say what branch
>doesnt say what type
>hes a dumbass

>>32263642
>doesnt say what branch
>doesnt say what Mos/rate
>hes a dumbass
>>
>>32263642
getting rekt

>>32263467
doing paperwork soon, mebbe
>>
>>32263117
ROTC and commit after 3? years of your Guard contract or OCS after 3 years of your contract.

>join guard
>spend a year doing training
>$10k-15k in the bank
>go to school
>full tuition paid
>GI + kicker + E2 pay = ~$900/month for 2 days of work a month
>after 2 years of school, commit to ROTC
>or after 4 years of school, OCS/OTS
>>
>>32263642
Do you enjoy rigorous physical activity while doing extremely homoerotic things with extremely masculine and musclebound homophobic men and whiny pale shut ins both of which are on some end of the autism spectrum while singing and getting yelled at?

Because that's what you just signed up for
>>
>>32263673
I signed up for officer with Intel trade.
They told me that I didn't have to care about branch
They todl me my apt shit was better than all the rest and that I just had to wait until they let me in

How do Intel faggots do basic and further than that?
I got a degree.
I got a great apt shit
How do I go further?
>>
>>32263690
It's all a game.
The autists missed the point
Sounds like a fun time to me
>>
>>32263706
Im confused, you dont even know what branch youre joining?
>>
>>32263724
My recruiter told me that for Intel they don't have branches and they do "Purple" shit

I have to repeat for my own dignity
My apt is high enough they want me

They said that whatever branch, they want me in time
>>
Can someone explain the Army to me.
The Air Force does flying and computer shit
The Marines fight on the ground with rifles
The Navy does boats and planes that live on boats

What role does the Army have?
>>
>>32263746
Killing people
>>
>>32263746
Your thinking pre 1980s basically. Bro nowadays every branch does everything. Which branch you join has no bearing on what youll do. Every brnach has planes, intel, special forces types and so on.
If you mean traditionally though, the army did what you think the marines did. The marines where a amphibious landing force. The navy drops em off and they fuck shit up.

>>32263743
Dude im not gonna pretend to know anything about what youre saying. That sounds like a complete load of bullshit to me.Ive never heard of a general intel officer that has no branch.
>>
>>32263785
But literally every branch kills people in every way better.

>Wantt to kill people from the air?
Don't call the Army
>Want to kill people from the sea?
Not the Army's job
>Want people on the ground to kill people?
Still second rate
>>
>>32263804
They also cant hold any ground
>>
Okay guys I recently took the AFOQT and I have no clue what my scores mean.

They seem to exceed the minimums but I want to know more than if I just passed. Did I do good, did I suck?

Here are my scores

Pilot: 42

Navigator: 15

Acad Aptitude: 37

Verbal: 65

Quantitative: 18
>>
>>32255536
>>32256263
Could I get an answer?
>>
>>32255536
>>32264782
>What should I do?
Be born again in a less shitty country.
What country?
>>
>>32264831
France
Is it that different in the US?
>>
>>32264833
Yes absolutely. You can easily retire enlisted as long as you keep advancing. Plus you can become an officer once in in a number of ways.
Sorry you live in france aka little Syria.
>>
>>32264867
It's the same thing here in principle, but I've heard of a lot of enlisted personnel getting fucked over before their contracts ended. I'm not sure about NCOs.
>>
Talking to a recruiter tomorrow to see if i can get a 11B contract, end goal is to join the army rangers but ive done drugs in the past so I need to wait 4-5 years that way i have a 7 year gap from the time i did it and not have to mention it in the secret clearance.
>>
>>32262610
>>32262862

>childhood trauma
Pussy
>going to a mental health doctor cuz he had a breakdown in school
Pussy
>wants combat mos's

I don't think the military, especially combat is the right choice for you, bud.....
>>
>>32265038
> hehe you're pussy. Heh. Nothing personal kid
Im not even the guy you replied to but consider killing yourself
>>
I'm 28 and kinda want to become a reserve officer because its always what I wanted to do and I'm doing fuck all else with my degree.

Is being a part time officer particularly taxing?
>>
>>32263720
It's the myth of sisyphus. No matter how hard they try to make it suck, it's moot if you enjoy every moment
>>
what can i expect from a top secret clearance? what reasons could i fail it?
>>
>>32262656
Have you seen the new ones? I think they're pretty,
>>
My dreams of becoming SF are crushed because I have shit DNA

What now.

Intelligence?

Any branch that operates or at least works in hostile areas that doesnt require shock work?
>>
>>32265378
How are you convinced that you can't do SF, but sure you can be something else?
>>
>>32265423

It's a physical thing.

I have a shit body, very thin, even if I get muscle. It'd just break literally. And there's no way I can take on a big guy in a fight without weapons or carry a big guy around.

I mean I can do one or two extreme things, but I'd die afterwards.

I aint sure I can be anything but I'm pretty sure I cant make the cut for this.
>>
Is it bad that I'm partly deciding which branch based on the cadence songs?

Its making me lean Marines
>>
I know most of /meg/ is retarded infantry and not rates that require intelligence, but I need someone to answer something for me. I forgot that I took anxiety meds 5 years ago, only for like a month or two, and didn't put it on the SF86. I got through meps okay but I chose CTN, which needs a TS clearance. Should I tell the OPM guy that I took them and hope he understands, or just not tell him at all. The only way he would find out is if he called the doctor who prescribed them, and the doctor isn't even my current doctor too.
>>
>>32265841
Should have gone Infantry, retard.
>>
>>32265841
I wouldn't mention it. It's an easy thing to legitimately forget, and it doesn't really have any coverup kind of connotations like other things.

OPM is looking for stuff that would make you a security threat- ie stuff that could be used against you. The vast majority of people who get denied clearance have it for financial reasons. They spend a lot of time digging in and around your ass if you've got any money problems.
>>
>>32265881
Add/edit: The thing is unlike weed, what you got was a legit prescription and if it was for a short amount of time and you weren't like committed to a facility or something. Just meds from a doc.

The other thing, is that unlike weed you weren't doing it recreationally with friends, so you don't have the problem of "that one stupid friend" who blabs to OPM about it.
>>
>>32265906
>>32265881
Alright thanks
>>
File: IMG_2310.png (55KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2310.png
55KB, 472x472px
I'm 68 inches tall and weight 198 in my underwear at home but weight 209 at the recruiters office in my clothes

How big of a problem is this? Everything else is gtg expect my weight and I've been only intaking 600 calories per day while exercising so i can try and shave off as much as I can

Any suggestions?

>going for army btw
>>
>>32265997
>600 calories
This is really fucking extreme. I honestly doubt you are actually only intaking 600 calories, but if you are you should fucking stop.

You really shouldn't be going lower than the 1000-1200 range. You don't want to lose weight with a crash diet because it's unhealthy and it will affect your ability to build muscle and exercise effectively.

If you are the weight you are and stay on a healthy, non-crazy diet and exercise, you will either pass the height/weight at BCT, or you'll pass the tape test.

I got tape tested almost every time I took the AFPU because I had built up a lot of dense muscle. Don't focus so much on just your weight.
>>
>>32266014
They said if lost one or inches of my waist I'd be fine so I'm hoping that will be my saving grace
>>
>>32266038
Go to a sauna and sweat out your water weight. Plus /fit/ might be able to help.
>>
>>32266038
An inch is about ~10lbs lost. You can do that in a month on a diet of 1500kcal and some decent exercise. You will most certainly lose a lot more weight in BCT so worrying about passing weight at the end of that isn't even an issue.

If you are super desperate and stupid, just do the Prep-H & Saran Wrap thing on your stomach the night before you get taped. Just don't make a habit of it.
>>
I need to do 23 chin ups, 100 sit ups in 2 minutes, run an 18 minute 3 mile at the most, but at the least 22 minute 3 mile.

I am ~175lbs 6ft former /fit/izen who got bogged down in this semester and went from:
>185lbs
>295 5rm SQ
>205 5rm BP
>115 5RM OHP
>325 5RM DL
to
>175lbs
>225 5RM SQ
>155 5rm BP
>105 5rm OHP
>245 5rm DL
My main goal is to achieve:
>23 chin ups, 100 sit ups in 2 minutes, run an 18 minute 3 mile at the most, but at the least 22 minute 3 mile.
I am trying to score as high as I can for the Marines PFT, what is a good program to focus on that goal while also increasing strength as a secondary goal?
As for running, is doing a 5k(slightly 3 miles) every other day and trying to shave off time every day a good strategy for running? I was never a cardiofag, so I need help on this, or is couch to 5k a good start?

I should say I have until early Feb to achieve all this.
>>
>>32266079

>good routine

why do you need a routine? you know the exercises you need to do. they are a skill, practice them to get good at them.

pushups, crunches, chin ups and crunches.
>>
>>32266087

and running*
>>
>>32266079
Looking excellent. A 5k plan is fine, possibly alternate it with some sprint days to help you get more short distance speed.

Fucking 10/10 including squats and deadlifts. I end up talking in circles to people who ignore these, as people often do. These will help you so much in the long term dealing with the stress your body is going to take under body armor and rucks. I would suggest adding some variation of cleans to your routine. As well add farmer's walks and weighted lunges.

If you want chin ups, OHP and cleans gonna help.

At this point I'd keep doing what you're doing and make sure your diet is good and is helping you build muscle. If your knees or back are legit hurt, take some time off from running- it's much easier to let it heal a few days than push through and get fucked up for months.
>>
>>32266087
Basically. Except pull ups not push-ups.

Tip for pull ups. Get one of those pull up bars that go in a doorway. Everytime you go to the bathroom do a max rep. That's what our senior made us do when I was in bootcamp.

Maybe a different door than bathroom door if you gotta close it to shit.
>>
>>32266100
Disregard nearly everything this guy said.

Don't bother lifting for now, focus on Marine PT. You'll lose all your gains in boot camp anyway.

Run, do crunches, and pull ups. You can lift again in the fleet.

t. Was a Marine
>>
>>32266127
Thank you 4 cervix.

You aren't the only vet on the board.
>>
File: 4-Scent-of-a-Woman-quotes.gif (952KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
4-Scent-of-a-Woman-quotes.gif
952KB, 500x280px
>>32266149
I figured you were. Probably Army tho. You aren't giving the best advice for marine boot camp and a good PFT tho.

What you said about taking a rest if sore was solid tho. Lifting is a wasteful distraction at this point.

Thx for service bro.
>>
>>32265841
Holy fuck you fucking idiot, they don't have the time or resources to sift through your fucking medical records, let alone call a fucking doctor.

All that shit they tell you at MEPS is 99% bullshit and are only going to find out what you tell them/what they find in the medical exam they administer.

They're far more concerned with your credit and criminal record than stupid shit like that.
>>
>>32266178
How many infantry guys over the age of like 25 do you know who are permanently fucked up or on meds due to injuries relating to carrying weight? I know way too many. The guys who did a lot of lifting (DLs, squats, and compound stuff) tended to avoid or lessen that problem. It is absolutely never too early to condition to be ready for that weight.

BCT/Boot is going to make people run around a lot with that weight and ruck around. Being conditioned makes sure that anon doesn't either become the guy who gets medically recycled because he got hurt rucking, or become the guy who hobbles around like an old man in 10 years.

Also, if you get fucked up because of a ruck or body armor, it's kinda hard to take a PT test.
>>
>>32266127
>lose gains
Kinda why I want to lift, so I have cushion to mitigate losses during bootcamp.
My primary goal again, is get at least a 275 on PFT (doing PLC this Summer) while also maintaining if not increasing strength somewhat.
Does Scooby's get ready for boot camp assist with that?
I want to integrate this:
http://armstrongpullupprogram.com/
With:
http://scoobysworkshop.com/get-boot-camp-ready/
Does that sound good?
And AFTER that do SQ/BP/OHP/DL if time permits.
>>
>>32266280

>How many infantry guys over the age of like 25 do you know who are permanently fucked up or on meds due to injuries relating to carrying weight?

Plenty, including myself. There's nothing wrong with doing what you said, it just won't help a great deal in boot. Most non infantry guys didn't have broken bodies just from boot and MCT.

But you're giving additional information. Kid never even said he's going grunt. He can do what you said if his PFT is up.

Also he's trying to have a perfect 300 before he joins. It's a little unrealistic. If he even gets close boot camp will do the rest. Nothing wrong with lifting and squats and star jumpers, I'm just saying he's going to lose a lot of that in boot because that's not the type of PT he will be doing.
>>
>>32266321
Pull up program looks good to go.

The Scooby thing sounds good, but even they claim it's a catch all program for Army, Navy, Marines, and AF. So you could do it but focus on the more marine centric PT. Such as replace sit-ups with crunches, and push-ups can be helpful but as you know not part of our PFT. We still do them often tho. Honestly if you get even close to a 250 you'll be ahead of the game. The PFT that goes on your record is done at the end of boot camp after you've had nothing but time to work on it.

I won't even say where I was at when I joined, shamefully pretty bad. But I improved a lot.
>>
>>32266230
What if I tell them during the interview that I forgot to put it on there, will I be denied a TS for that?
>>
Alright /k/,

I've got a mortgage, career and wife but decided to join the military. Looks like the Army National Guard is for me, since I get the training, hopefully a deployment, and still mantain the civvie life.

One question though. I walked in the recruiter's office and said "11b," he immediately goes "Trust me, you want to be an Officer."

His arguement is I'm 30, I have real management/leadership experience, and obviously have the college degree. Plus, he said since I aced the APFT and am halfway competent I should be able to land my top 3 MOS choices (Infantry, Combat Engineer, Artillery).

My question is, why is he (and so many of the military folk I talk to) pushing Officer so hard? From my understanding they are managers who don't actually *DO* the work.

In particular, I have a high school friend who is a Captain in the Army right now. He just switched over to the Air Force so he could go TACP. I asked why he did that instead of drop an SF packet and his response was "Even those Officers just get put on staff duty."

Any insight is appreciated.
>>
>>32267087

middle aged men are not allowed in the army except in times of mass draft and if they are already experienced you cant just be 30 and start out

no one is gonna take you in
>>
So a marine has no way to get into JSOC do they? That means Marines cannot participate in many special operations?
What does MARSOC do that DEVGRU and Delta cannot?
Why do the Marines have no Ranger equivalent?
>>
>>32267104

You are retarded. Cutoff is late 30s for all the branches.
>>
I got out of the Army a couple months ago. Most of the time I was in sucked but now I really want to go back.
>>
Aside from the pay, what are the differences between what NCO's do and what officers do?
Are officers ever on the field?
>>
>>32267104
How could it be legal to be this wrong?

You can for sure join infantry.

It's all about what you want to do. If you're certain you want to join infantry then do it and don't accept anything else. You'll have better standards of living as an officer so it's objectively the best choice. But if you want to a grunt then don't take no for an answer.
>>
>>32267136
I've been out since 2012. Go to college and move on you fucking baby.
>>
>>32267146

An NCO is like the captain of the team. An officer is like the coach. Yes, officers are in the field but if you really want to be a do-er and not a manager, NCO are the ones getting shit done.

I know a guy who was a USMC Infantry Platoon commander in Iraq with two combat deployments. He said he never fired his rifle at anyone. "The platoon was my weapon," he would say.
>>
>>32267122
Wrong.
>>
>>32267160
Cry about it
>>
Is having flat feet an automatic disqualification in the Leaf Forces?
>>
>>32267165
That makes sense. So officers are generally on the sidelines while NCO's and the platoon do the dirty work?
Aren't some operations only carried out by NCO's and led by an officer though?
>>
>>32267176
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>32267178
>waaaa I wanna go back to the military waaaaa

Yeah I'm the one crying
>>
>>32267176
He's wrong about "all" but the Army and Navy take people up to 34.

30 seconds of google.
>>
>>32267194
You literally are
>>
File: m1garandshooter_001.jpg (35KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
m1garandshooter_001.jpg
35KB, 700x300px
lads I got a 98 on my ASVAB and ~130 in all my composites, but swore in yesterday as an 11B in the Army National Guard.
Did I fuck up?
Should I look to transfer to something else?

Is there anything else that pays better but that won't put me behind a desk?
Is there anything else that pays better that puts me behind a desk but I still might see combat?
>>
>>32267189
Burden of proof is on you. I don't care to educate you talking out your ass.
>>32267197
I know what all the ages are. And you're leaving out the Marines cut off at 28.
>>
>>32267197
Is 34 late 30's? We're you taught how to round in grade school?
>>
>>32267187

I mean the LTs and even Captains will be out there with their guys, but they'll be managing and overseeing, not doing.
>>
>>32267232
Ok. Is this the case for all branches of the military?
>>
>>32267221

>The maximum age for Army enlisted recruits is 35, while the Navy and Marines cap recruit ages at 34 and 28, respectively. Under federal law, the oldest recruit any military branch can enlist is 42, although each service sets its own policy within that limit.

Google. The end.
>>
>>32267213
What the fuck do you think.
>>
>>32267221
Burden of proof? Are you seriously this stupid? I love it. Really, this is amazing. You just pulled the tumblr approach saying "it's not my job to educate you".

Hahahaha yeah, the fact that you can't defend your opinions is proof of your intelligence.

Sure.

Moron
>>
>>32267236

Yup. And pretty much all of life. How old are you?

In the workforce you'll have managers and stuff. Like a sales team will be led by the sales manager who won't be making actual sales calls but directing the team.
>>
File: IMG_0615.jpg (46KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0615.jpg
46KB, 285x298px
>>32267201
Yeah I'm crying my eyes out at your inability to adapt to civilian life. You got me good.
>>
>>32267246
Requires a waiver, which you're not going to get.
>>
>>32267262

It literally doesn't require a waiver until you are over 35 years old.

Now the burden of proof is on you, retarded one.
>>
>>32267261
Took you less than 30 seconds to reply. Clearly you don't care.
>>
>>32267255
No that's how the world works. When you're the one who makes a claim, you're responsible for proof. Since ever.

Sorry you grew up on Tumblr, you need to go back.
>>
>>32267259
>How old are you?
18, I'm considering joining the army and everyone told me to become an NCO instead of enlisting, but I want to actually do shit, not stay behind and give orders.
>>
>>32267270
You proved me correct. What proof?
>>
>>32267250
I don't have good eyesight so I can't do special forces or anything like that and being in a cramped vehicle doesn't appeal to me so I don't really have any clue what to do except infantry desu
>>
File: IMG_0543.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0543.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>>32267276
And you can't do math lmao. Maybe you should go back in. I'm dying.
>>
>>32267291
Being a hillary supporter requires a math test? Please link it to me and give me your score.
>>
File: IMG_0332.gif (349KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0332.gif
349KB, 350x233px
>>32267301
And you don't have reading comprehension?

>uhhh uhhh Hillary!!!

Hahahahaha
>>
>>32267319
You blew it
>>
Get a room, faggots
>>
>>32267281

Yeah, if I could go back I would have enlisted at 18 for that exact reason. But keep in mind you can't just 'go NCO.' You have to enlist at the bottom of the barrel and then get promoted.

Although right now no one is doing anything except SOF. So if you want Army and you want to be a trigger-puller, I'd enlist 11b Option 40 to try out for the Rangers.
>>
File: IMG_0567.jpg (32KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0567.jpg
32KB, 500x285px
>>32267329
(You) can't do math or read son. I think we all know who blew it in life.
>>
>>32267283

Jesus Christ why am I feeding this troll.

Fuckface, here are the ages to join:

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/join-the-military-basic-eligibility.html

For the Army the cutoff is 34. After that you need a waiver. You don't before.
>>
>>32267373
>You have to enlist at the bottom of the barrel and then get promoted.
Yet you can directly become an officer if you have a BSc, right? There's no fast track to becoming an NCO then?
>no one is doing anything except SOF
As long as I'm not doing office work, that's already a plus
>>
>>32267384
Sure. If that's what you choose to believe. 100%.
>>
>>32267392

Correct on the Officer thing.

Think about it as two separate 'tracks.' Enlisted folk start at the bottom of the enlisted track, and officers start at the bottom of the officer track.

What do you want to do?

If I could go back in time I would probably be a helo pilot and try and fly Apaches. No office time there. You can go Warrant Officer too, which is an awesome in-between rank of enlisted and officer. And you don't need a degree to apply, you could apply right fuckin now.
>>
>>32267423
How long does it generally take for enlisted personnel to be promoted to NCO?

>What do you want to do
Combat arms or maybe HUMINT. I don't know if I'm qualified for either, though.
>helo pilot
I hear a lot of people saying that they regret not doing that. What's so great about being a helo pilot?
>>
>>32267463

Years. Sergeants are in their mid-20s.

>Combat arms or maybe HUMINT. I don't know if I'm qualified for either, though.

You are qualified for combat arms. It's low-tier.Its awesome, but if you can breathe, run and hold a rifle you can go combat arms.

HUMINT you need to qualify for but no reason you can't do it.

I hear a lot of people saying that they regret not doing that. What's so great about being a helo pilot?

>Bro because you're a fuckin' helo pilot.
>>
>>32267504
>no reason you can't do it
What are the requirements?
I'm interested in intel and combat arms but unless I go SOF there doesn't seem to be a way to do both.
>you're a fuckin' helo pilot
Yeah? I just never saw how being a pilot was any more awesome than being in infantry.
>>
>>32267539

Intel and Combat arms are very different beasts. You say you don't want to be behind a desk, then avoid intel like the plague. It's 99% behind a desk analyzing data.

>Yeah? I just never saw how being a pilot was any more awesome than being in infantry.

Infantry is cool, but you're one guy with a rifle. And again, 99% of the time you won't be doing shit, you'll be a janitor stationed at a shitty base hating your life.

A Helo pilot means you don't have to do the bullshit, you'll be respected, and you can actually engage the enemy (assuming you go Apache), and you spend your days flying a death machine. What's not to like?

Oh, way better pay and standard of living as well.
>>
>>32267663
>then avoid intel like the plague
Even the more hands-on branches like HUMINT/recon?

Do helo pilots receive the same basic training as infantrymen?
Warrant officers have a fixed contract right? What can pilots do once they're out of the army?
>>
Is there any point to trying for an option 40 if you aren't going 11b? Also, say I do make it through ranger school, RASP etc., what would I be doing as someone who isn't technically infantry, but is still a ranger? Thanks guys.
>>
>>32267715
Intel produces reports, anon. HUMINTers do their thing.. then they go write reports about it, or brief it out to people.

The most amazing interrogator in the world is fucking useless if they can't actually record and communicate the intel they get. The same with any recon asset.
>>
>>32267858
Rangers still get to deploy more often and get more money for toys/training than conventional line units. That's good for any MOS that needs a deployment environment to do their job, not just infantry.
>>
My PLC Recruiter is saying that "if you're a Marine, you will see combat"
Is he tugging my leg? As a 2nd Lt will I really see combat?
>>
What's it like to work in a sub?
>>
>>32267980
Not necessarily, there are Marine financial officers and JAGs that won't ever see combat. Though all Marine officers will go through TBS which is training to lead marines into combat for 6 months.
>>
>>32268255
>>32268255
>>32268255
>>
I don't know much about the subject, but what would the requirements be to get a military scholarship and then go in as a Naval Officer?
>>
>>32263746
Tanks.
>>
>>32267715
HUMINT just means the 1% that isn't behind a desk analyzing data is fun stuff.
>>
>>32267980
With the large scale deployments over, he is totally selling you the dream. You'll do a lot of training for combat and likely even be posted around the world, but it will be in permissive environments.

There is always the chance something huge will kick off and America will be back in the shit bigly but my magic 8-ball doesn't predict it.
>>
What country does is this for?
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.