[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the limits of why I can deny someone a private sale?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 30-round-clip.jpg (144KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
30-round-clip.jpg
144KB, 1024x768px
Hypothetical situation: Let's say I want to sell my rifle on classified ads. Let's say I meet up with the guy who wants to buy my rifle at a local gunshop. Say I see, on the back of his car, a [black/white/asian] supremacy sticker. Say I tell him, "look, I don't feel comfortable selling you this rifle, for I see the sticker on the back of your car." Am I in the wrong? Legally, morally or philosophically? Now, what if I decided to not sell him the rifle because I saw a cross sticker on his car? What If I decided to not sell him the rifle because I'm gay and I saw a sticker promoting heterosexuality on his car?

Basically, is it legal to deny private sale based on something I saw that changed my mind? No, I'm not in legal trouble. Just seems like a good topic to flesh out
>>
Fuck just say no, don't be such an autist.
>>
>>32178802
because its your shit, and if you dont want to, you aint got to sell no one nothing.
>>
>>32178835
>>32178840
I know normally, people would just make up an excuse as to why they don't want to sell it.

I pose the question as: if you directly told them because _____
>>
>>32178802
It's your rifle. Do whatever you want to it but don't expect for the guy to leave a nice review about you.
>>
>>32178802
you can change your mind for any reason. personally i wouldn't even tell the person why.
>>
No
Your property
Tell him to get fucked
>>
>>32178802
Legally, until the transaction has concluded, as in they have you money/ a gun in trade and you hand them the gun, you can back out for whatever reason you feel like. Including 'haha I was never actually gonna sell this gun and just wanted to waste your time.'

However, the above situation makes you an asshole. The ones you described basically amount to do you feel comfortable selling to the person. If no, just tell him that you'd prefer to go thru an ffl. If they refuse, refuse to sell.
Personally, I don't give a shit about their views. They have a right to express themselves just like they have a right to defend themselves.
>>
>>32178802
>>32178863
Posing the question will probably get some asshole in your shit, because you have made it about an issue. Just tell them sorry you arent interested in the sale and walk it off. If you want to make it about the issue thats fine also, jist expect them to chimp out. Any dipshit who has to plaster the back of their vehicle with their oppinions obviously isnt secure in them so it's to be expected they will be defensive.
>>
>>32178863
JUST SAY I'VE GROWN SECUALLY ATTRACTE TO THIS ITEM, AND I HAVE HAD MY GENITALS RUBBED AGAINST ALL INTERIOR, AND EXTERIOR SURFACES AS WELL AS MY BODILY FLUIDS WHICH I HAVE YET TO PROPERLY CLEAN FROM SAID SURFACES.

niggas will either run away screaming, or unzip dick right there.
>>
>>32178863
>"I'd feel more comfortable going through an FFL"
>"Shit, this is the wrong rifle. Sorry I can't sell this one. Sentimental value."
>"I fucking decided not to sell the fucking rifle."
>"I found a spider in my house and he needs to die. So I can't sell this rifle until he's been removed"
>"I found out the other day this rifle is cursed and I'm bound by the curse to keep it. I can sell it once it's been uncursed but uncursed gear is usually shit though so I'm trying to keep you from buy a shitty uncursed rifles. Sorry bro."
>"I saw a picture of a malformed frog on my computer, I'm so traumatized I have to visit liberal hugboxes in college campuses daily, but at the same time I'm unconditionally bound to this rifle now. It's led to a lot of misunderstandings but I can't part with it."
>>
" I only sell to ccw holders"

"I only sell to Caucasians"

"I don't like you"

" I don't like your kind"

" you look like a felon"

"You look autistic"

" I called the police"

"I've changed my mind"

"My dragon dildo likes this gun"
>>
>>32179015
"Tits or gtfo"
>>
make loud sea lion noises while thrusting your crotch towards them.
>>
Thanks, fuc/k/ers. I know that any reasonable person would just make up a reason to get out of the sale.

Just wondered if it was legal to deny private sale for some silly reason. "I don't like red heads" or "I don't like Christians" etc.
>>
>>32179069
Yes it's legal.
>>
>>32179069
>Just wondered if it was legal to deny private sale for some silly reason
Nigga, it's a private sale, you could literally say "fuck you nigger, your mother is a nice woman but your grandma's a whore and I won't sell this shit to your kind" and there's literally nothing they could do about it.
>>
>is it legal to not do something if I don't want to
Are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>32179295
This
>>
>>32178863
>I saw a white supremacy sticker on your truck and don't want to sell to you

why is that so hard?
>>
>>32179295
>>32179346
I'm not selling anything. It was simply a hypothetical questoin. Just wondering if somone can raise a retarded discrimination suit.
>>
>>32178802

A private seller is different than a business

You can tell anyone to fuck off as a private seller but you'd get in trouble if you do that as a business without a legitimate reason
>>
>>32179601
No, you dipshit.
>>
>>32178961
I like the cursed item excuse.
>>
>>32179015
Fucking died at just
"I called the police"
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 317x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 317x159px
>>32179015
>My friend doesn't like you
>I don't like you either
>>
If I was personally in the situation, I'd either ask to go through an FFL or to see their CCW license. Could also say "I appreciate your time but I've decided not to sell this ___." Sentimental value or fear of regret or something. Or something with a spine like "my girlfriend wanted me to get rid of it but, you know what, fuck em! Hey, you know any good gun shops/ranges around ___?"
>>
>>32179601
Maybe if they are black or gay or something. "Protected classes" and all that.

We all remember the "Christian bakers get sued for not baking a cake for queers" fiasco.
>>
>>32182285
>Nobody likes you
>Everybody hates you
>Guess you'll go eat .22lr
>>
>>32178802
Only the demented mind of some sort of wine sipping communist dick suck could think there was anything wrong with a man being free to do as he wishes with his own property.
>>
>>32178961
fucking kek
>>
>>32178802
WHAT FOLLOWS IS LEGAL TALK AND SHOULD BE DISREGARDED BY ANYONE WITH BRAINS EXCEPT OP THAT ASKED FOR IT
op, legal answer. freedom is not absolute. if you commit to sell him the rifle ('I will sell you the rifle m8') then you may technically become obligated to do so, but if you just don't the fine will almost NEVER be applied, as he won't sue you by such shit stuff (I'm considering its not a fucking phenomenal piece of magic rifle), and if applied will be a tiny fine. however, if you only commit to see him 'lets meet and negotiate' then its your shit and you can do whatever the fuck you want. if you say 'because you are asian' then you will be racist and may get fucked. if you say 'because you are an Asian supremacist' I have no idea what happens because you Americans have this "freedom to be despicable" thing, but then I think this freedom stretches from being the supremacist into manifesting yourself against it. just don't promise you'll sell the rifle. remember, verbally made contracts are valid.

Morally, it is wrong depending on your fucking morale. I'm Nietzschean and you can believe whatever the fuck wrong or right you wanr
>>
>>32178802
You are not the government. This is a private sale. You may back out of the sale for any reason you like.
>>
>>32182354
Wow, I haven't heard that song referenced ever.
>>
>>32182578
glad I could make your day
I haven't heard it myself in like 15 years
>>
>>32178835
>>32178802
>>>/r9k/
Nigger you have the right to deny a sale to anyone at any time, no matter what liberals try to claim.
>>
>>32178802
You can legally refuse to do a private sale for what ever reason you want. Why would you think you can't?
>>
>>32178802
You are a fucking idiot please kys
>>
>>32178802
>is it legal to deny private sale based on something I saw that changed my mind?

No, the absolute most that could happen to you is someone could get you on a bullshit technicality related to anti-discrimination laws and or hate speech.

And the ONLY way that would happen is if they had a god tier lawyer with a liberal as fuck judge and a biased jury, so no. If you actually care about legal trouble, just say something like "I changed my mind, sorry" and drive off. If you already agreed to the deal this makes you an enormous faggot, unless the offense is egregious, i.e. you suspect the person is a felon or criminal.

I never sell my guns, and if I did they would all be to family members or people I know personally, because I love them and would want them to go to a good home.

However, if you just chuck up a classified and make someone drive an hour and a half for you to get salty about a bumper sticker, you are a huge faggot. If something like this bothers you, put in the work yourself and check out potential buyers.

This is one of those things that is up to you, use your brain and judge on a per case situation. Nobody else can tell you what is "right" or "wrong"
>>
>>32182704
>>32182578
thanks i wasted like 30s of my life watching a video of wtf this shit is....
>>
>>32183101
>he didn't grow up in the Midwest

Cmon son

Cmon
>>
>>32183101
It's a nursery rhyme for big kids. They used to be common.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.