[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did NCOs and Officers get submachine guns and the enlisted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1280px-MP_40_AYF_3.jpg (77KB, 1280x670px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-MP_40_AYF_3.jpg
77KB, 1280x670px
Why did NCOs and Officers get submachine guns and the enlisted get rifles?
>>
You missed >>32114787

Easier to carry, lighter weight, I have rank so I get better shit.
>>
Officers might have to defend against masses of revolting enlisted hence quick firing weapons.
>>
>>32131325
>>32131351

Same reason they all carry pistols instead of rifles. Literally because its easier and they can.
>>
>>32131325
In what video game?
>>
>>32131325
Uh, Germans and Russian mainline infantry deployed either rifles or SMGs in a mission specific basis.

IDK only Americans and Brits gave SMGs to NCOs. But I might be wrong.
>>
>>32131494
In what video game are we talking about?
>>
>>32131325
less fatigue on the person who is supposed to actually be thinking is probably a good thing.
>>
>>32131494
The way arms alottment worked for the Army was tnat each company would rate X number of firearms. They would have a set number of guns, mortars, LMGs, SMGs and rifles which were supposed to be split up by squad. Each squad would get a BAR, 1903 sniper, etc, and since the Thompsons were lighter, smaller, ammo weighed less and were fun as fuck to shoot, the officers and senior enlisted would snatch them up for themselves.
>>
>>32131508
That sounds awesome. Which video game you referring too?

Since that's idiot shit and not RL.
>>
>>32131508
Yeah the Army generally works on a principle of first come, first served. My grandfather ran to Army when WW2 started and took all the tanks for himself and his buddies
>>
>>32131508
>the Thompsons were lighter
than what exactly lmfao
>>
File: 1438237295485.jpg (48KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1438237295485.jpg
48KB, 600x400px
>>32131508
Your God damn lucky this is the Internet, or I might knife hand you.
>>
>>32131325
In World War 2 the US Army believed that automatic fire required a steady man and were best deployed by officers and assaultmen. When SMGs did filter down to rifle platoons it was NCOs that could get a hold on them, but that wasn't really an official thing. Engineers were given SMGs too, when the US managed to make a cheap and light one with the M3.

Other nations employed SMGs differently, typically giving them to people in an assault role. Russia, notably, tried handing them to every shooter in a goddamn division to surprisingly good result.
>>
>>32131494
For Germans? Nope, there were 18 times as many Karabiners as there were subguns, most Wehrmacht soldiers did not carry subguns.

An average squad of krauts would have one, maybe two subguns.
>>
>>32131508
The Thompson was as fucking heavy as a Garand, if not a little more when loaded.

On top of all the other bullshit you said.
>>
>>32131484
>>32131498
>>32131518
here's your (you)
>>
>>32131627
Germany had the same approach with the STG/MP43/MP44/whatever. Instead of distributing them across units they'd hand out 8 to individual squads. I believe this is the right way if you want to exploit the most out of your technological advantage. If given to one person in an 8 man squad it wouldn't change the way their operatan performance by much
>>
>>32134428
10 men per squad* is what i mean
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.